PDA

View Full Version : Flynn Likely Joinining Philbin In Miami

gary
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Former Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin has headed out of the cold of Wisconsin to the sunny state of Florida to become the latest head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Rumor has it that he may end up taking quarterback Matt Flynn with him.

Packers starting QB Aaron Rodgers told a Milwaukee radio station Wednesday that, based on the recent conversations he's had with Flynn, he thinks it's a "strong possibility" that Flynn could end up in Florida, too, the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel reports.

Rodgers noted that the Seattle Seahawks are the other "top dogs" that could end up signing Flynn when he likely becomes an unrestricted free agent in March, the site notes.

"I think it's a strong possibility that [the Dolphins] would make a run at him," Rodgers said, the paper reports. "I think it kind of makes sense. Joe [Philbin] in that system, which I'm sure is going to be very similar to this system, and Matt having a great grasp of that and playing well in his recent opportunities. I think it would kind of make sense to bring Matt out there."

The 26-year-old Flynn, selected in the seventh round of the 2008 draft out of Louisiana State, had 518 passing yards and six touchdown passes over five games this past season. He also ran the ball in for a score as well, the first rushing touchdown of his four-year career.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/NFL-scoop-du-jour/packers-qb-matt-flynn-could-headed-miami-115030102.html;_ylt=ApVr86ZgqTQ1ziTFVDl1jvgdsLYF

beerlover
01-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Imagine they're getting excited about a 7th rounder? I'll match up Texans 5th rounder against him all day long.

NastyNate
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Imagine they're getting excited about a 7th rounder? I'll match up Texans 5th rounder against him all day long.

TJ Yates didn't throw for 6 touchdowns in a single game. He did almost throw for 6 interceptions in his last game though :)

srrono
01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
The key here is Flynn same system with Philbin his former OC. MIA does have some weapons on offense Bush - Marshall could be a quick turn around.

Dutchrudder
01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
It makes sense. Flynn needs to stay in the same system to be successful. He may work out for them, but if he doesn't they can draft a QB next year.

gtexan02
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Why mess with a good thing? Matt Moore went 6-3 over his last nine games with Bush on the team.

2 of those losers were to Dallas (1 point), and NE Patriots (Super bowl bound, 3 points)

BullNation4Life
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
It will be a Matt Cassel fiasco all over again....

TexanSam
01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Why mess with a good thing? Matt Moore went 6-3 over his last nine games with Bush on the team.

2 of those losers were to Dallas (1 point), and NE Patriots (Super bowl bound, 3 points)

Is Moore their QB of the future? IIRC, he did well with Carolina a few years ago and they made him their starting QB to start the season and then he played poorly. Maybe he'll make the most of his 2nd chance here, but it seems risky.

gary
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
It just depends on the deal I would start Flynn with a cheap deal and see how he does.

thunderkyss
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Is Moore their QB of the future? IIRC, he did well with Carolina a few years ago and they made him their starting QB to start the season and then he played poorly. Maybe he'll make the most of his 2nd chance here, but it seems risky.

Is Flynn?

I don't think so. Getting Flynn just puts the Dolphins on hold for another year or so.

Philbin needs to go to Miami, study as much film as he can, listen to his scouts & chart the future of the Dolphins. Do they have a QB that can win games..... will they win more with Flynn.... is the QB of Miami's future in this draft class?

I'd be more apt to take the best offensive lineman on the board. Go with Matt More & try to get Keenum 5th round or later.