PDA

View Full Version : MY MOMs... Back in the hospital

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Blue Crew family... Say a prayer for my Moms as she was just admitted to the hospital again after being released three weeks ago.. She'll be 68 this July. Too ****ing young!!!

Thanks!! LOVE all Y'ALL!!!

gary
01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I send you my best buddy hang in there call or PM me if you need anything.

steelbtexan
01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Blue Crew family... Say a prayer for my Moms as she was just admitted to the hospital again after being released three weeks ago.. She'll be 68 this July. Too ****ing young!!!

Sorry to hear this TB.

Hang tough

Thoughts and Prayers

edo783
01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom Bill. Our thoughts and prayers go out for her and for you. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks y'all!!! Remember, we are tough, stubborn Irish folks.... We will survive - one way or another!!!

Luv_ya_blue
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Prayers out your way and up, His way.

PM me or hit me up on facebook if u need anything.

Luv ya brotha!

Drew_Smoke
01-24-2012, 09:05 PM
We are in...pulling for the best.

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Prayers out your way and up, His way.

PM me or hit me up on facebook if u need anything.

Luv ya brotha!

Luv ya too, brother!!!! "His way" will guide my moms and our family!!! I've never had a doubt about that!!! FAITH!!! It does a Soul good!!!

I will let you know if I need anything. Hopefully a prayer this Sunday! :handshake:

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
We are in...pulling for the best.

Thanks bro!! I appreciate that!!

Honoring Earl 34
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks bro!! I appreciate that!!

Sorry to hear that Bill , hoping for the best .

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill , hoping for the best .

Thanks Danny!!

StarStruck
01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
My prayers are with you for a good report and a speedy recovery. Keep the faith!

Texan_Bill
01-24-2012, 10:28 PM
My prayers are with you for a good report and a speedy recovery. Keep the faith!

Thanks Darlin'!! I will always have my faith!!

Shaft75
01-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Prayed about it tonight for you and your moms. Hopefully it all works for the best, and hopefully she's in good spirits. Just be there for her man!

Corrosion
01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Damn TB , hope she's ok ....

NitroGSXR
01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Hang tough, Bill. We send you our best wishes, our friend.

Texanmike02
01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers man. It is all I can offer from 250 miles away.

Mike

SheTexan
01-25-2012, 07:38 AM
You know I will send some up for your Mom Bill!! She's only a couple years older than me! I also know how much she means to you and your family! Sometimes illness just sneeks up on us oldtimers and tries to shoot us down, but, we'll keep on fighting!!

LOVE ya! Please let me know if I can do anything for you, or your Mom!!

BigWig
01-25-2012, 08:16 AM
I will also help out and ask my mom who is 84 and prays like there is no tomorrow, she can do wonders, hoping for the best Bill!

Showtime100
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Hang in there Bill! Thoughts, prayers, and best wishes sent and I will continue to do so.

God Bless.

Cjeremy635
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Just saw this Bill. I'm at my desk, but it won't stop me from having a conversation with the man upstairs for a full & speedy recovery for you mom. Keep us posted and if there's anything you need, let me know.

Jeremy

Dread-Head
01-25-2012, 11:20 AM

My mother just turned 69 and I'm with you on this one. I'll say a rosary for your mom tonight (if you don't mind a Catholic praying for you). You know how to reach me if you need to.

Hardcore Texan
01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours Bill. Please keep us posted.

disaacks3
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Prayers from me & the family. Let us know if you need anything.

ObsiWan
01-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Very sorry to hear that....
Hope she get's well real quick TB.

Texan_Bill
01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
My mother just turned 69 and I'm with you on this one. I'll say a rosary for your mom tonight (if you don't mind a Catholic praying for you). You know how to reach me if you need to.

You're a Christian, right? Of course I would want a Catholic prayer!! You're "my brother from another mother", no?? ;)

And as for the rest of you Muff-Huggas, THANK YOU, for your thoughts and prayers!! It means more to my family and me, than y'all could ever realize...

It's been a long, LONG day and we still don't know shiite!!!! I'm having a cocktail, unwinding and getting myself re-set for work tomorrow morning before I head back up to Methodist..

Again, thank you so much for your caring, thoughts and prayers!!!

76Texan
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
You're a Christian, right? Of course I would want a Catholic prayer!! You're "my brother from another mother", no?? ;)

And as for the rest of you Muff-Huggas, THANK YOU, for your thoughts and prayers!! It means more to my family and me, than y'all could ever realize...

It's been a long, LONG day and we still don't know shiite!!!! I'm having a cocktail, unwinding and getting myself re-set for work tomorrow morning before I head back up to Methodist..

Again, thank you so much for your caring, thoughts and prayers!!!

My thoughts and prayers to your mom and your family, TexanBill.

Seņor Stan
01-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Just saw this, and just prayed for you and your Mom!

badboy
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Just saw this and immediately prayed. TB or anyone on this MB, I am here if anyone needs to talk about anything, anytime. Please keep us up to date. Steve

Texan_Bill
01-26-2012, 08:43 PM
We took my MOMs home tonight... Not because they have figured anything out yet, but because they didn't know what else to do and felt she could at least rest better at home...

We'll see what they (her Cardiologists) come up with... I'll post something whenever I hear something.

Thanks again for all y'alls thoughts and prayers.. It means waaaaaay more to my family and me than y'all could ever know!! I made her log onto TexansTalk to see this thread... She cried.

Wolf
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
I am a little late to the thread but I will say a prayer for your mom and family. it will get better!

Texan_Bill
01-26-2012, 08:58 PM
I am a little late to the thread but I will say a prayer for your mom and family. it will get better!

Thanks Bro!!! How are your sisters doing?? :D

Joe Texan
01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Bill Bill Bill May the Good Lord reach down and carry your mom through her troubled times, and may you get some help with this situation yourself Lord Please comfort this family as you would my own. In Jesus Name Amen:butterfly:

Texan_Bill
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Bill Bill Bill May the Good Lord reach down and carry your mom through her troubled times, and may you get some help with this situation yourself Lord Please comfort this family as you would my own. In Jesus Name Amen:butterfly:

Thanks Joe!! That a brought a tear to my eye....

As many of y'alls other thoughts and prayers have.. I really appreciate it more than y'all will ever know!!!!!

GlassHalfFull
01-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Bill,

Just saw this thread. (hug) much love to you and prayers to your Mom and your family.

Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Texan_Bill
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
bill bill bill may the good lord reach down and carry your mom through her troubled times, and may you get some help with this situation yourself lord please comfort this family as you would my own. In jesus name amen:butterfly:

*edit*
this is not bill, this is gibbs!!!

thank you for caring im here for him

jjjezebel
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh, I just saw this...I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling well. I'll send some good juju y'alls way. Hope she's feeling better soon! :heart:

Texan_Bill
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
The POWER of Prayer is working -OR- more importantly WORKED!!!! Moms heart rate and pressure are nearing normal. She's been given the okay to go back to work (if she wants to, for a few hours a day starting next Monday).... BTW, She'll want to because my Dad drives her crazy!!! :D

This is fantastic news (and one of the reasons that I've been laying relatively low for a while) considering that there were conversations of a transplant..

I'm a lot happier now, than I have been over the last couple of months!!!
THANK YOU, Blue Crew, Bull Pen and TexansTalk family!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
02-29-2012, 08:39 PM
The POWER of Prayer is working -OR- more importantly WORKED!!!! Moms heart rate and pressure are nearing normal. She's been given the okay to go back to work (if she wants to, for a few hours a day starting next Monday).... BTW, She'll want to because my Dad drives her crazy!!! :D

This is fantastic news (and one of the reasons that I've been laying relatively low for a while) considering that there were conversations of a transplant..

Great news Bill !

StarStruck
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Awesome report. I like that "The POWER of Prayer WORKED." All the best to your mom as she returns to her daily activities with renewed health.

Texan_Bill
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Great news Bill !

Awesome report. I like that "The POWER of Prayer WORKED." All the best to your mom as she returns to her daily activities with renewed health.

Thank you both!!! Prayers and positive thoughts actually work!!

I think that positive energy (spiritually or otherwise) from our surrogate families mean ALL the difference!! That said, I thank all y'all!!!

My Moms was brought to tears whenever I mentioned how many of you expressed your thoughts and feelings towards her well-being... It actually meant a lot to her.

It'll mean a lot more to her whenever I pull up this thread and she can read the LOVE for herself..

Again, THANX!!!

Showtime100
02-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Great news there Bill! I'm really happy for you, man. Thanks for the update.

Hardcore Texan
03-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Awesome news, thanks for the update Bill!

SheTexan
03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
So happy your Mom is better Bill!! Tell her to take care, and if she has to retire DO IT!! Health is more important than money! I can attest to that!

I haven't been on TT much lately, so if you need me, or her condition changes, PLEASE text me and let me know. LOVE ya, and I'll continue to pray for her continued recovery.

Gma

NitroGSXR
03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
:)

Keep on truckin', Bill's ma!!

Seņor Stan
03-01-2012, 08:53 AM
That's awesome Bill!!! I'll keep prayin' for y'all.

badboy
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Thank you both!!! Prayers and positive thoughts actually work!!

I think that positive energy (spiritually or otherwise) from our surrogate families mean ALL the difference!! That said, I thank all y'all!!!

My Moms was brought to tears whenever I mentioned how many of you expressed your thoughts and feelings towards her well-being... It actually meant a lot to her.

It'll mean a lot more to her whenever I pull up this thread and she can read the LOVE for herself..

Again, THANX!!!Excellent news TB. Hope your mom does read this as we (TT family) do care for each other and extended families. Prayer warrior here. Kicking butt and taking names. :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Thank you all!!!!!! MUCH Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Texan
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Dude you know I will pray for her again. You know I got your back and I am hoping your mom has a happy mothers day

76Texan
05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Frigging Joe, you scared ssless out of me bringing up the thread on this day, but it's all good.

Happy Mother Day to all no matter the scenario/circumstance.

For me, it's the time to reflect, to remember those who had passed, and to wish the livings each and any cherish they're adorned/blessed with.

CloakNNNdagger
06-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Bill,

Just stumbled across this thread. Hope all is well now!

By the looks of this thread, G-d was given an earful.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Bill,

Just stumbled across this thread. Hope all is well now!

By the looks of this thread, G-d was given an earful.

Thanks Doc!! Actually, she's doing fine now. The best medicine was taking her off a ton of the meds they had her on. Funny how that works.

The power of prayer works!

HouSportsWriter
06-14-2012, 02:02 AM
God dang it! This title Bill nearly put me in the hospital lol....I clicked it and I was yelling at my computer to load faster.

I am happy she is doing better!

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Moms went to Methodist Emergency Room early this morning.

I didn't get news until mid-afternoon. Apparently she has a signicant blood clot in her right arm. They had no pulse at her wrist on the right side.

Doctors are worried about how to remove it and which way they will "go in"... Apparently if they go in the "wrong way" the clot could travel its (evil, effed up way) to her brain, (i.e. stroke).

In addition to that, it looks like she'll have to undergo another bi-pass... On the upside, they said they wouldn't be using pig veins this time...

Showtime100
12-26-2012, 09:53 PM

I didn't get news until mid-afternoon. Apparently she has a signicant blood clot in her right arm. They had no pulse at her wrist on the right side.

Doctors are worried about how to remove it and which way they will "go in"... Apparently if they go in the "wrong way" the clot could travel its (evil, effed up way) to her brain, (i.e. stroke).

In addition to that, it looks like she'll have to undergo another bi-pass... On the upside, they said they wouldn't be using pig veins this time...

I'm so sorry to read this latest news, Bill. I wish the best for her, of course. Hang in there and my very best wishes, thoughts, and prayers go to you and your mom.

Please keep us informed.

BullBlitz
12-26-2012, 10:02 PM

Yes, one of the most significant risks in addressing clots is unintentionally breaking them up into smaller pieces that can travel and block smaller passages.

Best wishes to your Mom, I hope everything quickly turns out for the very best. Keep us posted?

infantrycak
12-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Best wishes Bill for you and your mom.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry to read this latest news, Bill. I wish the best for her, of course. Hang in there and my very best wishes, thoughts, and prayers go to you and your mom.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks brother and I will!

Yes, one of the most significant risks in addressing clots is unintentionally breaking them up into smaller pieces that can travel and block smaller passages.

Best wishes to your Mom, I hope everything quickly turns out for the very best. Keep us posted?

Exactly.. And thank you for your concern.

Ima have drink or 6, go to bed and go to work in the morning..

Again.. THANKS!!!

Heath Shuler
12-26-2012, 10:30 PM
I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks Brother!!!

Marcus
12-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Bill. Stay strong, and my thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Bill. Stay strong, and my thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Thanks Brother... But it happens. You know, we get older, those that we love are even older!... Again, thanks my friend (albeit, opposite sides on occasion ;).... AGAIN, THANKS BROTHER!!

brakos82
12-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Best wishes to yall from Sea-Town! :texanbill:

Playoffs
12-26-2012, 11:32 PM
So sorry to hear about your Mom, TBill. She's in my prayers as are her doctors.

Hookem Horns
12-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Give her our best Bill. Hope she get's back to good health sooner than later.

steelbtexan
12-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Stay strong in your faith Bill.

Thoughts and Prayers

GlassHalfFull
12-27-2012, 06:35 AM
I will keep you and your Mom in my thougts and prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hardcore Texan
12-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Prayers sent. Sorry to hear this, hang tough my friend.

Say Watt
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Bill. I know it has to be extremely difficult.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Seņor Stan
12-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Praying for you and Mom Bill!

Luv_ya_blue
12-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Praying for Mom and for you, Bill.
Love ya brother.

PM me if I can do anything for ya.

SheTexan
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Just saw this my friend!! Thoughts and lots of prayers sent your way! Let me know if I can do anything for you, or for your family! You are a very special friend, and I am here if you need me!!

Keep us posted!!

CloakNNNdagger
12-27-2012, 12:05 PM

If the left arm (left subclavian artery) were involved, there would be very little chance that the brain would be involved. However, the right arm (right subclavian) artery has a different anatomy........one that comes off from a common source as the right common carotid artery (that leads to the brain). This common source is called the brachiocephalic artery. I evidently don't know all the details of your mom's case, but one of the most common causes of arterial embolism to the right arm are actually clots that originate in the left ventricular heart chamber secondary to a uninterrupted cardiac irregular heartbeat such as atrial fibrillation) and breaks off to travel there through a straight shot upwards.

If circulation is totally acutely blocked (as seems to be the case) to the right arm, blood thinners alone are inappropriate and there is no choice but to enter the right subclavian artery surgically directly by opening the artery or indirectly via threading an arterial catheter in order to remove the embolus.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Gray506.svg/230px-Gray506.svg.png

Bill, call me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Prayers are with you and your Mom.

Playoffs
12-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Prayers are with you and your Mom.I again nominate Dr. CND TT Member of the Year!

As always, MSR.

Texas T
12-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your Mom Bill.

My best wishes to Her for a speedy recovery!

76Texan
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your mom, Bill.

Take care, my friend.

ChampionTexan
12-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your mom and you Bill.

badboy
12-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Prayers Bill! My step-sister's husband has had the pig thing done twice but I understand there is a new and better thing now. Perhaps CND can talk to you about that.

Corrosion
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Hope she's doing OK TB ..... call me if you need anything.

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Y'alls responses, thoughts and prayers are overwhelming and I truly appreciate them.. Much LOVE!!

Special shout out to Doc Jean (love ya!! Owe you two dinners, now)!!! He's calling Methodist right now to straighten them the *eff* out and make sure they're in-line... Doin' the right thing(s)!

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
If the left arm (left subclavian artery) were involved, there would be very little chance that the brain would be involved. However, the right arm (right subclavian) artery has a different anatomy........one that comes off from a common source as the right common carotid artery (that leads to the brain). This common source is called the brachiocephalic artery. I evidently don't know all the details of your mom's case, but one of the most common causes of arterial embolism to the right arm are actually clots that originate in the left ventricular heart chamber secondary to a uninterrupted cardiac irregular heartbeat such as atrial fibrillation) and breaks off to travel there through a straight shot upwards.

If circulation is totally acutely blocked (as seems to be the case) to the right arm, blood thinners alone are inappropriate and there is no choice but to enter the right subclavian artery surgically directly by opening the artery or indirectly via threading an arterial catheter in order to remove the embolus.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Gray506.svg/230px-Gray506.svg.png

Prayers are with you and your Mom.

BTW Doc... 'Splains a lot!! THANKS!!

Honoring Earl 34
12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Y'alls responses, thoughts and prayers are overwhelming and I truly appreciate them.. Much LOVE!!

Special shout out to Doc Jean (love ya!! Owe you two dinners, now)!!! He's calling Methodist right now to straighten them the *eff* out and make sure they're in-line... Doin' the right thing(s)!

Wishing y'all the best this holiday season and hope she gets well fast .

http://www.bunspace.com/static/photobucket/5580/000011-gwc2.gif

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Wishing y'all the best this holiday season and hope she gets well fast .

http://www.bunspace.com/static/photobucket/5580/000011-gwc2.gif

Thanks brother!!!

Liberals suck!! ;) Thanks for caring! That's what is right about 'Merica!

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!

Showtime100
12-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!

I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure all will be fine, but continued thoughts and prayers nonetheless.

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 10:09 PM
I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure all will be fine, but continued thoughts and prayers nonetheless.

Thanks Bro... and it goes without saying, but Thank You (again)!!!

Grams
12-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Prayers for your Mom and you.

Lauren
12-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3

Texan_Bill
12-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3

Thanks darlin' but I wish you and Dante would make it out to "Blue Crew" again, and come visit.... That would be really cool!!!

Lauren
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!

Texan_Bill
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!

Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now

Lauren
12-28-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm off the next few days so I will get y'all new photos to screw with. :)

Thanks...! And I'm a little out of sorts as well hahaha!

Texan_Bill
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
DocJean............ Thank you for everything. Apparently Moms is doing well!!!!!!!!!

Agsin Jean or rather Doc Jean............ Thank you for checking in on my mother!!!

That means so much to me................ You have no idea!!

76Texan
12-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Glad to hear the good news, TB!

SheTexan
12-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now

Some of us will never leave my friend! Made to many good friends over the years from this board. This is the only place we hear from some of them, so I think I'll just hang around for a while longer.

Sure wish Marcie would start posting again. She was the life of the "Dante thread!" We need to tell her to brush up on her photocropping skills and get back to having some fun at Dante's expense!:texanbill:

Hope your Mom is doing well, and I'm expecting you to keep us posted whether your "out of sorts" or not!! If she's got Doc Jean on her case, then she's in the best of hands! I know I won't worry as much!

Are you going to Bubba's on Sunday? Just wondering.

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Bill again sends all on the MB that shared their good wishes, a big "Thank You!" Bill's given me permission to give you all the update on his mother.

Bill's Mom underwent her right carotid-to-subclavian artery graft bypass. The circulation to her right arm has been re-established. She has experienced no brain circulation compromise (stroke symptoms). Her only real complaint at this time is that her right arm is still "sore" which would be an expected residual due to the amount of time the blood supply there was cut off.

She is filling out her discharge papers as I am typing. She should be home by mid afternoon enjoying a good ole foot rub from her hovering son.:)

Dread-Head
12-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Your mom is younger than MY mom. I shall pray for her. Keep us posted.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
I got home a little while ago from visiting with Moms at Mom and Dad's house.. She is doing remarkably well although tired and sore. I let her know about all y'alls thoughts, prayers and well wishes which overwhelmed her. She really appreciated them, as do I. Thank you all so much for that. I love you all!

A special thanks to Doc Jean. You're the best!! Thank you for everything. Whether it was calling my Mom's surgeon or explaining to me in "lay" terms what the procedure would entail and letting my Mom's surgeon know I would go Medeival on his ass if anything went wrong! ;) Okay, not so much on that last part.. I love you my friend!

Joe Texan
12-30-2012, 01:49 AM
We all need to thank the lord for c&d

Heath Shuler
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
We all need to thank the lord for c&d

Dude is a stud for sure.

Heath Shuler
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I got home a little while ago from visiting with Moms at Mom and Dad's house.. She is doing remarkably well although tired and sore. I let her know about all y'alls thoughts, prayers and well wishes which overwhelmed her. She really appreciated them, as do I. Thank you all so much for that. I love you all!

A special thanks to Doc Jean. You're the best!! Thank you for everything. Whether it was calling my Mom's surgeon or explaining to me in "lay" terms what the procedure would entail and letting my Mom's surgeon know I would go Medeival on his ass if anything went wrong! ;) Okay, not so much on that last part.. I love you my friend!

So glad to hear she is doing well.

steelbtexan
12-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Bill again sends all on the MB that shared their good wishes, a big "Thank You!" Bill's given me permission to give you all the update on his mother.

Bill's Mom underwent her right carotid-to-subclavian artery graft bypass. The circulation to her right arm has been re-established. She has experienced no brain circulation compromise (stroke symptoms). Her only real complaint at this time is that her right arm is still "sore" which would be an expected residual due to the amount of time the blood supply there was cut off.

She is filling out her discharge papers as I am typing. She should be home by mid afternoon enjoying a good ole foot rub from her hovering son.:)

Great news

Foot rub included.

Wolf
12-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Awesome news

Texas T
12-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm glad your mom is doing well!

Texan_Bill
07-17-2013, 12:57 PM
July 13th 1944 - July 17th 2013

RIP Moms.. I love you!!

Playoffs
07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
So sorry for your loss Bill.

Will carry you and your family in my prayers.

infantrycak
07-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Damn, sorry Bill. Our hearts are out to you.

Heath Shuler
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

Sorry for your loss.

GlassHalfFull
07-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours. I am sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself, Bill. Lots of people love you.

NitroGSXR
07-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Rest in peace. I'm sorry for your loss. She did her job well... you're a good man. Hang tough, brother.

PapaL
07-17-2013, 04:52 PM
She's in a better place and in peace. Best wishes to you and yours bro. If you need anyone to talk to, we're all here for you.

Double Barrel
07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I am sorry to read this sad news, Bill. :(

Condolences for you and your family in this time of grief.

Showtime100
07-17-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm so sorry, Bill. My condolences to you and your family. RIP, Moms.

Texans_Chick
07-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh Bill, I am so sorry to see your news.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Take care of yourself, we are thinking of you. -Steph

Honoring Earl 34
07-17-2013, 09:12 PM

RIP Moms.. I love you!!

Rest in peace Bill's Mom .

I'm really sorry for your loss Bill .

CloakNNNdagger
07-17-2013, 09:40 PM
My prayers are with you, brother. Believe me, she will always be with you.

Wolf
07-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Prayers bro! Sorry for your loss

gary
07-17-2013, 10:02 PM
It is tough I lost my dad last month. Thoughts. Stay strong.

Grams
07-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

steelbtexan
07-17-2013, 10:42 PM

RIP Moms.. I love you!!

I'm sorry to read about your loss.

May god fill the hole in your life with love and the great memories you and your mom shared.

Love you man

Stay strong

hobie
07-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Bill, I am sorry to hear the passing of your mother.

badboy
07-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Bill, I prayed for comfort to come to you and yours. I look forward to meeting your mom at the foot of God's throne.

Steve

Texan_Bill
07-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry if this response seems impersonable to a degree and my that it's short.......

BUT, Thank you BLUE CREW and other friends for all y'alls support for my "Moms" and me over the years.

She is in a better place! No more pain!!! While I believe that, it doesn't stop my pain and loss... I'm proud to admit that I am a "Mommas" boy!!!!

BUT

I take huge solace in all y'alls thoughts, prayers and love. You people mean the world to me!! The same way that Ronny and Mitch received a text from me: "Moms is gone"

Both were on there way to visit me last night. One coming from Shreveport LA and the other from Dallas.

Texan_Bill
07-18-2013, 08:19 PM
In the next few days or so, I'll get around to thanking you all individually!

Again, all y'alls love means the world to me!!

infantrycak
07-18-2013, 08:36 PM

Bill you have thanked all of us already with your friendship over the years.

Texan_Bill
07-18-2013, 10:18 PM

Chris...........

Tears are running down my face! Thank you, brother!!!

I have guests running in and out of my place.

Apparently "Moms" was popular and again thank y'all so much!!!

We're working on a Memorial Service as her wishes were to be cremated.

We will at some point take her ashes and spread them over Maui (her favorite place in the world)!!!

steelbtexan
07-18-2013, 10:48 PM

^^^^
This

StarStruck
07-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Bill, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. May the comforting ministry of the Holy Spirit bring you peace in the days to come. God Bless You!

BigWig
07-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Bill,
I lost my mom this year in Feb on her birthday of all things, there isnt a day i don't stop thinking about her. I try to find things that I can use as a tribute or reminder, like a plant she gave me once etc.
I know how you feel and I am going to say some prayers for you and her so that the future ahead will be calming and you will find your inner peace.

hobie
07-19-2013, 10:42 AM

:hobie::hobie::hobie:

That makes me so happy....

All kidding aside Bill... may God bless you and your family!

76Texan
07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Good things will not come to pass.
They carry on in the legacy of those who forged the way so that we may continue on our journey.
For that, our memories are full of hope for the future; for that is what we want for the next generation.

All my regards, dear friend!

OrangeLotPole8
07-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Bill, stay strong, you are in our prayers.

Texan_Bill
07-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Thank Y'all for all of the love and support.....

Moms will be memorialized a week from tomorrow Saturday the 27th in the Sugar Land area.

I'll give more details as they develop...

AGAIN, thank y'all for y'alls love and support!!!

GO TEXANS!!

Texan_Bill
07-19-2013, 11:35 PM
BTW, I bought Moms a customized Texans jersey "Davies 1", AND with Ted, Kathryn and Joe's approval I plan on hanging it in "Blue Crew's" main tent in memorium for this season..

Hope the rest of the Blue Crewers are down, YO!

HouSportsWriter
07-20-2013, 11:39 PM
I logged on just for you man...

I never had the chance to meet her, but she raised one hell of a son.
When we first met at Gary's party you mentioned, how family is family, and that I will love them, and hate them for the rest of my life.

I found the courage to talk to my father soon after.

Time will go on, and people will pass, but we will all live on in the stories we spread.

Hardcore Texan
07-21-2013, 06:42 PM

RIP Moms.. I love you!!

Very sorry to her of your mom's passing, Bill. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, may she rest in peace. Hang tough my friend.

Texan_Bill
07-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks again everyone!!

Y'all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great to talk to Gma tonight and yes M'am I will send the info when I know it!!

Gma, you don't have to come but love Your kids and grandkids for me!! I will see you and them soon. Not soon enough but SOON!! Can't wait!

SheTexan
07-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks again everyone!!

Y'all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great to talk to Gma tonight and yes M'am I will send the info when I know it!!

Gma, you don't have to come but love Your kids and grandkids for me!! I will see you and them soon. Not soon enough but SOON!! Can't wait!

My heart is with you my friend! Sorry I didn't know about this sooner, my fault for not logging on to TT. The only thing I know to say is that I AM HERE for you and always will be. CALL, TEXT, message, I'll even log on to TT everyday! THANK YOU for being my friend, and most of all, for being the kind, caring, and loving person that you are. Mom's raised you well!!

PLEASE keep in touch this week and let me know about Mom's services! Like I told you tonight, I KNOW I don't have to be there, but, I WANT to be there for you, if you want me there. I'm just a phone call away!

See ya soon!!
Gma

Texan_Bill
07-22-2013, 08:28 PM
My heart is with you my friend! Sorry I didn't know about this sooner, my fault for not logging on to TT. The only thing I know to say is that I AM HERE for you and always will be. CALL, TEXT, message, I'll even log on to TT everyday! THANK YOU for being my friend, and most of all, for being the kind, caring, and loving person that you are. Mom's raised you well!!

PLEASE keep in touch this week and let me know about Mom's services! Like I told you tonight, I KNOW I don't have to be there, but, I WANT to be there for you, if you want me there. I'm just a phone call away!

See ya soon!!
Gma

As always, THANK YOU!!

I have the info somewhere, but you don't need to come. I will know that you are there for me because you've been there for me for the last 10 or so years.

THANK YOU for being my friend, and most of all, for being the kind, caring, and loving person that you are. Mom's raised you well!!

This means more to me than you can ever imagine!!!

I love you!!!

SheTexan
07-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Still here Bill!! LOVE ya too, and thinking about you every day, esp yesterday. I know your birthday wasn't very happy because of your heavy heart, but, just remember, you are catching up with ME cause I refuse to get older! :)

Texan_Bill
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
My cousins from out of town, my sister, her bubby (a brother who is yes, another Bill) and I had a fantastic dinner tonight. Despite the circumstances, we had a fantastic time tonight. I'm so glad my cousins made it in town. They mean the world to me. Unfortunately one cousin couldn't make it, coming from Hawaii.... Mark is here in spirit! He loved his Aunt Pat (my moms)!! I know he tried but flights from Hawaii to Houston are tough (unless you want a lot of layovers) and they are still very expensive.

My stepbrother on the other hand doesn't get so much of a pass.

BTW, with the approval of Blue Crew, I'll be hanging Moms customized Texans jersey "DAVIES" #1 in the main tent. I would love for members at some point to (hopefully after our AFC Championship Game) to sign it and I'll get it framed!!

Texan_Bill
07-27-2013, 09:18 PM
DUDE!!! Tough day today.

I held up pretty well, tho. I needed to be strong for my sister, cousins that loved their Aunt Pat deeply and my dad. I would give me a C+

Again, I would love to express my deepest thanks to all y'all that reached out to me over this period and times past when Moms was going through rough patches.

silvrhand
07-28-2013, 09:27 AM
DUDE!!! Tough day today.

I held up pretty well, tho. I needed to be strong for my sister, cousins that loved their Aunt Pat deeply and my dad. I would give me a C+

Again, I would love to express my deepest thanks to all y'all that reached out to me over this period and times past when Moms was going through rough patches.

Give yourself more credit, you where there which starts you off with an A, so many people can't deal and just don't show up, it's something that surprised me for sure.

SheTexan
07-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Give yourself more credit, you where there which starts you off with an A, so many people can't deal and just don't show up, it's something that surprised me for sure.

I agree with John about giving yourself more credit! Besides, you were there for Moms when she needed you the most, and that ranks an A+ in my books!!

I sent you a PM!

Gma

Texan_Bill
07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
I agree with John about giving yourself more credit! Besides, you were there for Moms when she needed you the most, and that ranks an A+ in my books!!

I sent you a PM!

Gma

Gma and John, thank y'all so much!!!

It's been two + weeks!

I've been up and down but it's hard to deal with the fact that my Moms is no longer here BUT by the same token, SHE IS WITH ME!!!

She is in my heart.

She is with me!

BTW Blue Crew Members (and other TT friends), I was able to show her this thread about her health status and all y'alls love before her passing....

She was absolutely blown away!!!

Blue Crew Members and again, other friends of mine here on TT I thank you ALL so much for your love and support.

It's funny. Used to, we would make fun of other kids being "Momma's Boys"

As it turns out, I'm a huge "Momma's Boys"

I've said all that and this before, but :

"I am my Momma's Boys"

I post this in honor of "Moms" and not too proud to admit that I am a Puh Ce!!!

Texan_Bill
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM
More than ever, I can't wait to see my Blue Crew family!! I so look forward to seeing y'all Saturday!!!

Texan_Bill
01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Tough day today... 6 months ago I lost my heart.

I know I'm 37 y/o errrrr 46 but it doesn't hurt the heart that much less.

RIP "MOMS"!!

Again, thanks to all:
My Sistah, Bill (brother in law), Gibbs and yes another Bill, Blue Crew family and Texans Talk family for all the love and support.

Suffice to say I know she's looking down on me as well as all y'all that never met her and she smiles!!

JPPT1974
01-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with your family. As you think about your mother!:)

SheTexan
01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Don't log on much anymore my friend, but, I will log on to tell you how often I think about you and hope you are doing ok. This is one grandma who loves ya dearly and will always be sending up some prayers for you. Hope to see ya during the off season!!

Gma
Sandy