PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL who you pulling for?

Wolf6151
01-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Who do you want to win and why?

Personally I want the Giants to kick the crap out of Brady and the whiny Patriots.

imatexan
01-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Giants I guess...

Ruinondd
01-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Giants, purely because they beat the cowboys out of the playoffs. Not exactly an interesting game to me.

kiwitexansfan
01-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Traditionally I root for the AFC.

It will be painful viewing either way knowing that the Texans are a better team than either of them.

Just a few injuries go a different way, we'd be right there.

Hookem Horns
01-24-2012, 02:53 AM
I think I will pull for the Giants.

Showtime100
01-24-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm pulling for the AFC. Like many others that is my typical MO. If the Niners were in I would be a Niner bangwaggoner hands down, but it is what it is.

Since it's the Pats-Giants I am mainly tuning in for the last football nut to be stored for summer and the commercials.

toronto
01-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Giants. The day I root for the Pats is the day they bury me.

eriadoc
01-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I cannot root for the Pats. Plus, I want to hear the debates about how Peyton is a better QB than his brother when Eli has 2 rings.

Thorn
01-24-2012, 07:41 AM
I hope the Patsies lose, but I couldn't care less about the Giants winning anything. To bad the 49ers didn't make it, I could have cheered for them and actually felt something about this year's Stupor Bowl.

Showtime100
01-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I cannot root for the Pats. Plus, I want to hear the debates about how Peyton is a better QB than his brother when Eli has 2 rings.

Pretty bad gauge to judge by, IMO. I know you didn't state that as your opinion so this is only directed at the clear blue sky. Let's say Peyton and Eli are in next year's draft and we know what we know now. I'll take Peyton anyday, thanks. :)

TimeKiller
01-24-2012, 07:48 AM
As long as one of their fanbases are miserable at the end of it, I'm good with whatever happens.

HJam72
01-24-2012, 08:09 AM
As long as one of their fanbases are miserable at the end of it, I'm good with whatever happens.

That's about how I feel. :)

hobie
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
I would say the NY football Giants...

santo
01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
the Pats.

eriadoc
01-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Pretty bad gauge to judge by, IMO. I know you didn't state that as your opinion so this is only directed at the clear blue sky. Let's say Peyton and Eli are in next year's draft and we know what we know now. I'll take Peyton anyday, thanks. :)

I happen to agree with you. Well, I'd take the Peyton of old, anyway, until we see how he returns. Regardless, that won't stop the debates. Every QB debate boils down to one guy citing stats and individual accomplishments and one guy pointing to rings (except for the QBs that have both, obviously).

Khari
01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Pats over I should be playing in San Diego Manning.... :cheese:

Dutchrudder
01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm rooting for the Giants, but I think the Pats will win it. Brady isn't going to let Eli out-QB him twice.

disaacks3
01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
giants. The day i root for the pats is the day they bury me.

this.

The1ApplePie
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
As a Cowboys fan, I hate to say it, but I am going for the Giants

The Pats just need to lose so maybe we quit hearing about St. Tom every five seconds.

Playoffs
01-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Da G men.

SheTexan
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Pats over I should be playing in San Diego Manning.... :cheese:

This^^^^^^!! I detest Eli Manning, much more than Payton!! He's nothing but a spoiled, whinny brat, and my gut hurts everytime I see his smug mug on TV!! I'd pull for Payton ANYDAY over Eli!!!! PLUS!! My boss is a HUGE Giants fan, and I hate her guts!! lol

Sorry Kevin!! IF the Giants pull it off, I'll be happy for YOU ALONE!!

hobie
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
This^^^^^^!! I detest Eli Manning, much more than Payton!! He's nothing but a spoiled, whinny brat, and my gut hurts everytime I see his smug mug on TV!! I'd pull for Payton ANYDAY over Eli!!!! PLUS!! My boss is a HUGE Giants fan, and I hate her guts!! lol

WOW... Why the hate for Eli ? You do know he is the egg mcmuffin of QB's, right !! :fingergun:

Dread-Head
01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't like Bele-cheat OR Thomasina and I'm indifferent to the Giants. Who am I routing for?

:thinking: ...hmmm. Okay my official statement regarding this year's Superbowl :trophy: (Ahem) "Meh..."

Copyright Dreadford Headdington III. The Dread-Head Foundation, purveyors of fine sarcasm since 1969. Texan-Bill Treasurer. Seriously guys...whose idea was it to trust Bill with money? Seriously...come on? Anybody?

GlassHalfFull
01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I am rooting for the meteor.......

Hookem Horns
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM

Thanks Sandy ... that was sweet of you. ;)

Honoring Earl 34
01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I like the way the Giants built their team . I hope the Giants crush the Pats and send them reeling cause it's better for us .

Giants 31 to 17 .

Hookem Horns
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
WOW... Why the hate for Eli ? You do know he is the egg mcmuffin of QB's, right !! :fingergun:

Being a Giants fan I might be a little biased however the guy has been abused by everyone, especially his own fan base and the NY media for years. Most QBs would have crumbled like Mark Sanchez. However nothing affects Eli. The guys takes a beating on and off the field and just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Archie last week made some comments about that, saying that Peyton is the hot head and he is not so sure that Peyton would have done well in the same situation.

He is probably the first real "clutch" QB that has ever played on a team I root for. When it is crunch time he is the last person on the field I worry about. Last week the Niners played unbelieveable defense and was giving Eli no options except take a sack or throw the ball away. Many QBs in that situation try to force things and that's when turnovers happen. Eli just kept doing the smart thing (taking the sack or throwing it away) knowing a turnover late in that game would have probably lost the game ... and it did, for the Niners.

I think the guy has earned it despite what happened with San Diego years ago. Actually I didn't know this but according to that ESPN story last week San Diego wanted Philip Rivers anyway and only drafted Eli because they knew the Giants wanted him. They felt they could trade Eli, still get Rivers and also get Osi Umenyiora. The Giants refused to give up Osi and that almost killed the deal. At the last minute the Chargers gave in because they really wanted Rivers.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/15/sports/15cowboys.1.600.jpg

How can you not admire the Cowboy killer?

axman40
01-24-2012, 12:01 PM
I am hoping for a good game .
F the Pats and the Giants!
:kitten:

Hervoyel
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Patriots. I have this feeling that they're going to destroy New York in some kind of epic revenge-bowl thing that's been setup by the football gods.

gary
01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I am rooting for the Giants but I would not mind seeing Brady win another one either.

Ole Miss Texan
01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Eli and the Giants!!!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.189541!/img/httpImage/image.jpg

gtexan02
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I'll be cheering for the "home" team -- Pats

Id like to see the lombardi trophy, and thats my best chance

JCTexan
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Who am I pulling for? New York. I think Brady wants revenge though and I will predict the Patriots winning 28-24.

gary
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Does Brady want revenge sex with Eli? LOL, J/K.

Double Barrel
01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm rooting for the Patriots but I predict the Giants to win.

NY has played some tough competition the past several weeks. They've basically been playing road playoff games since week 16. True road warriors.

I like the Patriots, but they did not have a tough schedule this year and really did not play a great team until last week. And the Ravens were a catch away from winning that game. If not for Baltimore's self-inflicted wounds, they'd be playing in Indy.

Honoring Earl 34
01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm rooting for the Patriots but I predict the Giants to win.

NY has played some tough competition the past several weeks. They've basically been playing road playoff games since week 16. True road warriors.

I like the Patriots, but they did not have a tough schedule this year and really did not play a great team until last week. And the Ravens were a catch away from winning that game. If not for Baltimore's self-inflicted wounds, they'd be playing in Indy.

The Giants stomped the Falcons , handled the Pack fairly easy , and fought through the muck vs SF . Brady will have his handsfull with Giants front four and Eli has three really good WRs and a decent running game .

hobie
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Being a Giants fan I might be a little biased however the guy has been abused by everyone, especially his own fan base and the NY media for years. Most QBs would have crumbled like Mark Sanchez. However nothing affects Eli. The guys takes a beating on and off the field and just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Archie last week made some comments about that, saying that Peyton is the hot head and he is not so sure that Peyton would have done well in the same situation.

He is probably the first real "clutch" QB that has ever played on a team I root for. When it is crunch time he is the last person on the field I worry about. Last week the Niners played unbelieveable defense and was giving Eli no options except take a sack or throw the ball away. Many QBs in that situation try to force things and that's when turnovers happen. Eli just kept doing the smart thing (taking the sack or throwing it away) knowing a turnover late in that game would have probably lost the game ... and it did, for the Niners.

I think the guy has earned it despite what happened with San Diego years ago. Actually I didn't know this but according to that ESPN story last week San Diego wanted Philip Rivers anyway and only drafted Eli because they knew the Giants wanted him. They felt they could trade Eli, still get Rivers and also get Osi Umenyiora. The Giants refused to give up Osi and that almost killed the deal. At the last minute the Chargers gave in because they really wanted Rivers.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/15/sports/15cowboys.1.600.jpg

How can you not admire the Cowboy killer?

Being a lifelong Giants fan as well.. your story of the trade with SD and Osi is one that most people have no idea about..If that would have happened, NY most likely would not have won SB42..Osi's play in that game was big ! Let's hope for a repeat performance !

Thorn
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
I am rooting for the meteor.......

LOL. Yep, other than using this super bowl to sleep too, I can't think any good use for it being on my TV.

TexanSam
01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Not sure. I don't like the Patriots, but I don't really like the Giants either. I just hope it's a good game.

Rey
01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Patriots...

BullBlitz
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Pulling for: Giants

Why: Additional SB Ring for Eli. Carr would get a ring. No more rings for Brady.

Fili
01-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Giants...

Giant Tiger
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Giants... I should add that I don't dislike either team, so it won't bother me if the Patriots win.

drs23
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Patriots...

NY Football Giants...

BetaV1
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM
New England Patriots. I firmly believe Tom Brady is the greatest to ever play the game, and getting a fourth ring would cause even the Montana fans to think twice. The guy has done it all and then some. While Brees is now the record holder for single season passing yards, Tom Brady also surpassed Marino this year and was step for step with Brees.

He is Lord Brady, master of chaos and darkness and the all-time greatest supervillain.

I also hate the Giants. Always have. Just one of those teams that don't mesh with me.

Hookem Horns
01-27-2012, 12:52 AM
New England Patriots. I firmly believe Tom Brady is the greatest to ever play the game, and getting a fourth ring would cause even the Montana fans to think twice. The guy has done it all and then some. While Brees is now the record holder for single season passing yards, Tom Brady also surpassed Marino this year and was step for step with Brees.

He is Lord Brady, master of chaos and darkness and the all-time greatest supervillain.

I also hate the Giants. Always have. Just one of those teams that don't mesh with me.

Eli will be remembered as the greatest to ever play the game. A 2nd ring is just the beginning. BTW, I assume you are a closet Cowboys fan. You can't be hating on the Cowboys killa and not be. ;)

srrono
01-28-2012, 09:07 AM
NYG all the way I am really starting to like Eli kid takes crap all the time still performs at a high level when it counts most.

Grams
01-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Patriots. I have this feeling that they're going to destroy New York in some kind of epic revenge-bowl thing that's been setup by the football gods.

I hope you are right - besides I hate the Giants unless they are playing the Cowgirls.

Norg
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Well i was going to say giants but i just changed my mind i want to say the greatest qb to ever played the game in my generation of football tom brady i dont even remember seeing montona or bradshaw play

TheMatrix31
01-29-2012, 05:52 AM
I loathe the Patriots with every bone in my body, since even before this decade of success.

**** 'em. Go Giants.

Hookem Horns
01-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Well i was going to say giants but i just changed my mind i want to say the greatest qb to ever played the game in my generation of football tom brady i dont even remember seeing montona or bradshaw play

Just move to Austin and tell everyone you saw Vince Young play.

BTW, I remember watching Terry Bradshaw, he is not in the same category as Montana and many others I could name. Bradshaw was a pretty good QB surrounded by true hall of famers on both sides of the ball. Yes, he too is in the HOF however I strongly believe he was a product of his team.

The opposite is true of Archie Manning who was a much better QB however on horrible teams.

Fili
01-31-2012, 10:00 PM
If the Pats indeed win I'll be even more pissed because I know the Texans can easily beat them...:kitten:

mattieuk
02-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm pulling for whatever prop. bets I go for.

As for the teams - I don't really give a crap about either of them. If the Giants hadn't won this matchup a few years back, I'd be pulling for them. But they've got the ring recently, like the Pats, so I'm outta caring for this Superbowl.

Norg
02-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Just move to Austin and tell everyone you saw Vince Young play.

BTW, I remember watching Terry Bradshaw, he is not in the same category as Montana and many others I could name. Bradshaw was a pretty good QB surrounded by true hall of famers on both sides of the ball. Yes, he too is in the HOF however I strongly believe he was a product of his team.

The opposite is true of Archie Manning who was a much better QB however on horrible teams.

o yes i agree any QB that plays for the steelers has a good chance to get a couple of rings just for the fact that the steelers well there a good football club like Big ben isnt the greatest QB IMO hes good because he plays for the steelers

HOU-TEX
02-01-2012, 09:09 AM

As for the teams - I don't really give a crap about either of them. If the Giants hadn't won this matchup a few years back, I'd be pulling for them. But they've got the ring recently, like the Pats, so I'm outta caring for this Superbowl.

This is kinda the way I feel. Although, I'd like to see Eli take another from Belicheck and Brady. So I reckon I'm beginning to fall off the fence towards the Giants

Blake
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I really hate both sides. But if I had to pick I would pick the Patriots. Tom Brady is a Michigan man, and I refuse to side with arrogant New Yorkers.

Mr teX
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd love to see Belichick & Brady fail again so G-men all the way.....

axman40
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM

SUPER BOWL XLVI SPECIALS - Will Madonna be wearing fishnet stockings at any point during the Super Bowl Halftime show?

SUPER BOWL XLVI SPECIALS - What color will Madonna's hair be when she begins the Super Bowl Halftime show?

How many times will Andrew Luck be mentioned on TV during the game?

How many times will David Tyree's 2008 Super Bowl catch be shown be shown on TV during the game?

How many times will Giselle Bundchen be shown on TV during the game?

http://www.nsawins.com/nfl-betting-props.shtml
:kubepalm:

SheTexan
02-04-2012, 10:55 AM
SB is tomorrow!! GOOOOOO PATS!!! UNLESS someone knocks the sheeeeet out of Eli and David Carr gets to play, THEN, GO GIANTS!! :)

TheMatrix31
02-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Lord, I LOATHE New England. Got hit with some smarmy Patriot doucheosity already and it's barely 5am here in LA.

Ugh.

Go Giants. Break their ****ing backs.

mattieuk
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Damn it!

I just read 'The Onion' and they said that Haynesworth would be getting a SB ring if the Pats won, as a reason for the Giants to win the game. Having missed the pre-game jerk-fest I didn't realise that it would be up to the Pats.

Anti-Haynesworthism would definitely have been the strongest factor in deciding who to pull for. The Giants would have had to have won if that was the case.

Back to hating Boston sports fans a little more than NY sports fans as my deciding factor then.

Showtime100
02-05-2012, 04:56 PM
In the beginning of this thread I said the Pats because of the AFC. The reality is I've gone back and forth on who I want to win. I have a strong dislike for each of them so I'm really pulling for a good game for than for any team.

ObsiWan
02-05-2012, 05:16 PM
The Texans - 2013
:texan:

...well, you didn't specify WHICH Super Bowl
D