PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard: Dirty?

dream_team
01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
After Pollard injured his 3rd Big-Named Patriot yesterday (with his 3rd different team), I'm starting to see alot of buzz on how a dirty player he is. They claim he intentionally goes out to injure people.

When with the Texans, I didn't see this at all. Are these people just bitter Patriots fans?

Naiirb
01-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Yea just bitter Patriots fans. On the Gronk injury was Pollard just suppose to let him go as he was trying to drag him down or something?

TEXANRED
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
After Pollard injured his 3rd Big-Named Patriot yesterday (with his 3rd different team), I'm starting to see alot of buzz on how a dirty player he is. They claim he intentionally goes out to injure people.

When with the Texans, I didn't see this at all. Are these people just bitter Patriots fans?

Patriot fans are just a bitter whiney lot. Of course I would be whiney too if I had to live in that crap hole they call Boston.

Rey
01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Pollard doesn't strike me as dirty, but why would NE fans be bitter?

They have recently won world championships in all three major sports...Their teams are always pretty good, and they are about to watch Brady play on the last Sunday of the regular season for the 5th time..

Maybe some of them are wrong...or misguided in this case...

But bitter?

I don't see that.

TheCD
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the only game I've been to was the Texans/Seahawks game in '09. At that game, I splurged $30 for a "commemorative" football on wing-and-a-prayer hope that I would get a player to sign it. Bernard was the only guy nice enough to take the time to sign peoples' (including myself and some kids) stuff. I will always hope for him to succeed because of that.

On the field, I think he just plays balls-to-the-wall and really just looks to make plays. I don't think he plays to injure people as much as he plays recklessly which causes injuries.

The Cush
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Pollard hit Brady low, which was legal at the time.

When Welker got hurt he tore his ACL when he made a cut, Pollard didn't even touch him.

Gronkowski's ankle just got caught underneath the tackle, there was nothing dirty about that play at all.

Hervoyel
01-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Patriot fans are just a bitter whiney lot. Of course I would be whiney too if I had to live in that crap hole they call Boston.

No doubt 5 trips to the Super Bowl since 2001 goes a long way toward making up for that.

I think they're spoiled not bitter. Just spoiled.

Corrosion
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Dude aint dirty .... He just plays the game the right way .... I hate the direction the league has gone over the past few years in regards to big hits.

Pollardized
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Pollardize that ass........

TimeKiller
01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Intentionally dirty? No.

UNintentionally dirty? Yes.