PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Blake
03-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Im out for the weekend. I will try to check back a few times and update picks.

stingray
03-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Steelers really need some help in their secondary so they draft:

Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana Lafayette

Bentley was a first-team All-Sun Belt selection in 2011 after posting 71 tackles, including five tackles for loss. He added six pass breakups, two forced fumbles and three interceptions. He returned two of his interceptions for touchdowns, including a 38-yard "pick-six" against Oklahoma State. The Pahokee, Fla., native leaves Lafayette, La. with 232 total tackles, 13 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. He has seven career interceptions and 20 pass breakups to his credit in 44 career starts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620157/dwight-bentley

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Z7jGS4MYhWPxkZ32qnfAhC88NeqN1 nsVKD-YbSq81O9yLNvEqDnz0rISLA

beerlover
03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
3.86) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 - On the Clock. PM SENT.

3.87) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

3.88) Pittsburgh Steelers - stingray -

3.89) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

3.90) Houston Texans - bah007 -

JCTexan is up :mariopalm:

steelbtexan
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
IN the 3rd round of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select at #86 Jake Bequette-DE from Arkansas.

Sorry for the delay I work night shift and just woke up.

Super Mario is on the clock. He said he PM'd his picks to Dutch so I'll PM him.

Great pick. Bequette put up some of the best numbers at the combine (10 yd split/3-cone/vert and was very productive in college. He will probably be a better pro than he was a college player. Bequette reminds me of Mike Vrabel coming out of college.

I was torn on whether to pick Chapman or Bequette. They are both cut from the same cloth. (High motor/play thru pain type guys.) I chose Chapman because he helps improve both the 0 tech and the 5 tech.

JCTexan
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
With the 89th pick the Denver Broncos select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/749100906129_Boise_State_v_Va_Tech.jpg

Billy Winn, DE, Boise State

Powerful rusher, moves forward throughout the play and uses athleticism to flush and chase quarterbacks out of the pocket. Good bull rush to push his man into the backfield. Uses violent hands to rip off or punch off blocks. Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside, moves linemen to either side with strong hands. Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.

Denver Draft:

1st Round:
Devon Still, DT, Penn State
2nd Round:
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
3rd Round:
Billy Winn, DE, Boise State.

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Great pick. Bequette put up some of the best numbers at the combine (10 yd split/3-cone/vert and was very productive in college. He will probably be a better pro than he was a college player. Bequette reminds me of Mike Vrabel coming out of college.

I was torn on whether to pick Chapman or Bequette. They are both cut from the same cloth. (High motor/play thru pain type guys.) I chose Chapman because he helps improve both the 0 tech and the 5 tech.

Thanks. DE was Atlanta's biggest need but the really good ones were gone in the 2nd round and Brandon Washington-OT/OG was a better value. I'm surprised there were several good DE's left in the 3rd. I like Bequette's high motor and think he'll be a fine pro.

Dutchrudder
03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
The Houston Texans are on the clock!

Since I don't have my player rankings with me, you guys throw out some nominations for this pick. So far the Texans have picked Ruben Randle WR and Brandon Thompson NT. Who would you like them to take here?

beerlover
03-16-2012, 09:43 PM
The Houston Texans are on the clock!

Since I don't have my player rankings with me, you guys throw out some nominations for this pick. So far the Texans have picked Ruben Randle WR and Brandon Thompson NT. Who would you like them to take here?

scratch center off the list :doot:

WolverineFan
03-16-2012, 09:48 PM
OT, DE, or OLB.

bah007
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM
With the 90th pick the Houston Texans select...

James Brown, OT - Troy

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/964512212.jpg?418

Obviously this is now a pretty big need with the loss of Winston. Played LT in college and is being projected by many as an OG at the next level, but I think he's fully capable of playing RT in our system.

Brown is definitely a sleeper prospect although he was a 3 year starter and a two time All Conference selection. More of a developmental player than my original target, Mitchell Schwartz, but I think he's definitely a guy the staff wouldn't mind developing.

76Texan
03-16-2012, 11:42 PM

James Brown, OT - Troy

Obviously this is now a pretty big need with the loss of Winston. Played LT in college and is being projected by many as an OG at the next level, but I think he's fully capable of playing RT in our system.

Brown is definitely a sleeper prospect although he was a 3 year starter and a two time All Conference selection. More of a developmental player than my original target, Mitchell Schwartz, but I think he's definitely a guy the staff wouldn't mind developing.

WR, NT, OT.
Sure looks like you're drafting base on needs.

Blake
03-17-2012, 12:51 AM
I was very close to taking brown to pay guard for the lions.

beerlover
03-17-2012, 01:09 AM

James Brown, OT - Troy

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/964512212.jpg?418

I like it. Brown & Brown. Pretty solid. Maybe better value taking Brown in 3rd over Schwartz in 2nd?

KMG 365
03-17-2012, 01:36 AM
I was very close to taking brown to pay guard for the lions.

I was going to take Brown at #96 for the Giants. I thought he would slip through the cracks. I had him projected as a LG for the G-men.

RT22
03-17-2012, 11:02 AM
With Pick #91 the New Orleans Saints select OLB Sean Spence University of Miami 5'-11" 231.

Dutchrudder
03-17-2012, 11:13 AM
3.92) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

3.93) Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan -

3.94) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

3.95) New England Patriots - Beerlover -

3.96) New York Giants - KMG 365 -

nytexan
03-17-2012, 12:19 PM
The Green Bay Packers with the 92nd and their 3rd selection in the 2012 TT Draft select

Chandler Jones DE from Syracuse

Many prognosticators had Chandler pegged as a top 40 pick so the Green Bay Packer Front Office is shocked to still see him there. They fully believe he has the build to put on more weight and eventually take over the 5 spot. Along with OLB Andre Branch taken in the 1st round the Packers believe there pash rush woes are over.

Given how famous his family is with his brother Arthur Jones as DL with the Baltimore Ravens and his other brother Jon Jones the Light-Heavyweight UFC Champion he fits perfectly in what the Packers envision in their new and young defense.

rmartin65
03-17-2012, 12:23 PM
The Green Bay Packers with the 90th and their 3rd selection in the 2012 TT Draft select

Vinny Curry OLB from Marshall

After a 2 sack performance and a QB hurry that caused an interception in the Senior Bowl, the Packer front office is SHOCKED that he is still on the board and along with Andre Branch who was picked in the first round the Packer pash rush should be much improved this year. We had him pegged as a possible 1st round and at worst an early 2nd round pick. These 2 OLB picks should capably play across from Clay Matthews and give him a needed rest at times.

He was picked 47th overall.

nytexan
03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
He was picked 47th overall.

I caught that as soon as I pasted it and changed the pick.

rmartin65
03-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I caught that as soon as I pasted it and changed the pick.

Nice pick. I am amazed at how many players have dropped, while at the same time noting that there have been (by my board/opinion) relatively few picks that I would call "reaches".

This is a deep draft.

beerlover
03-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Nice pick. I am amazed at how many players have dropped, while at the same time noting that there have been (by my board/opinion) relatively few picks that I would call "reaches".

This is a deep draft.

at least three rounds deep with starter material.

rmartin65
03-17-2012, 01:12 PM
at least three rounds deep with starter material.

Absolutely. I hope to stretch that into the 4th round for the Dolphins in this mock. There is a player that I have had my eye on for a round and a half, who I would have taken in the 3rd had WR not suddenly become a need.

beerlover
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Absolutely. I hope to stretch that into the 4th round for the Dolphins in this mock. There is a player that I have had my eye on for a round and a half, who I would have taken in the 3rd had WR not suddenly become a need.

think I have a good idea who that is :evil:

rmartin65
03-17-2012, 03:53 PM
think I have a good idea who that is :evil:

Why I oughta...:bat:

WolverineFan
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
With the 93rd pick of the draft the Baltimore Ravens select...

Derek Wolfe, DE - Cincinnati

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/356/192/129279374_crop_650x440.jpg?1331138376

I really like Wolfe as a prospect, especially when it comes to his fit in a 3-4 defense. I'll say it right now, he really reminds me of J.J. Watt. Not as athletic or as talented, but the same kind of player. He's a big penetrator, who is great at getting into the backfield and rushing the passer. Wolfe was a 3-year starter at Cincinnati and was named the 2011 Big East Defensive player of the Year after he finished the season with 19.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks. He has a high motor and is one of those "never quit" guys that every team covets.

DE isn't a huge need for Baltimore because they have talent there with Haloti Ngata, Pernell McPhee, and Arthur Jones. However, depth is an issue with starter Cory Redding leaving in Free Agency. Ngata is a monster and has one starting spot locked down, but the other is up for grabs after Redding's departure. McPhee was Redding's primary backup at LE last year and played well, excelling at rushing the passer. Jones was Ngata's backup at the DE/DT spot and will likely continue that role.

I envision McPhee winning the starting LE job, but I think Wolfe will contribute as a rookie as his primary backup while Jones continues to backup Ngata. In the 4-3 alignment, I think Wolfe slides inside to DT on passing downs while Ngata slides down to NT to give the Ravens a front-four pass rush of McPhee, Wolfe, Ngata, and Terrell Suggs. With Baltimore's new hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense the front four is even more important to the pass rush now with less blitzing to be coming from the LB's behind them. I also think it's important for Baltimore to keep getting younger and more athletic up front.

Ravens Draft:
1 - Peter Konz, C - Wisconsin
2 - Ronnell Lewis, OLB - Oklahoma
3 - Derek Wolfe, DE - Cincinnati

beerlover
03-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Go figure, Ravens addrress defense. thought OG would be the pick to replace Grubbs, maybe wolverine is plugged in to replacing him via free agent Evan Mathis? Wolfe to wolverine makes sense also with Redding leaving, nice pick :bender:

WolverineFan
03-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Go figure, Ravens addrress defense. thought OG would be the pick to replace Grubbs, maybe wolverine is plugged in to replacing him via free agent Evan Mathis? Wolfe to wolverine makes sense also with Redding leaving, nice pick :bender:

Thank you sir.

Ravens re-signed Matt Birk so I see Konz being able to compete with Justin Boren and Jah Reid for the LG spot. Think Konz takes over at Center in 2013 when Birk likely retires. I'll go OG then :doot:

Rey
03-17-2012, 07:22 PM
With the 94th pick in the Texans Talk Mock Draft the 49'ers select:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0719/ncf_g_pead_bl_200.jpg

Isiah Pead

Seems like a lot of people are down on Pead around here for some reason, but I think he's going to be a good back in the NFL. I think this is a good place to take him. The 49'ers could use some talent on the offensive side of the ball and Pead not only brings that, but he also adds value to the special teams. With Gore and Pead I think the 49'ers will have a formidable one-two punch.

Picks so far:

1) Stephen Hill, WR
2) Brandon Boykin, CB
3) Isiah Pead, RB

Dutchrudder
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
After Rey picks:

3.95) New England Patriots - Beerlover -

3.96) New York Giants - KMG 365 -

Round 4

4.97) St Louis Rams - pbat488 -

4.98) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger -

4.99) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 -

4.100) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

4.101) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder -

4.102) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex -

4.103) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

4.104) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

4.105) Carolina Panthers - Timekiller -

4.106) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

4.107) Seattle Seahawks - Ndevine7 -

4.108) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

4.109) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

4.110) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

4.111) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

4.112) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

4.113) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx -

4.114) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

4.115) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

4.116) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

4.117) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

4.118) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

4.119) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder -

4.120) Pittsburgh Steelers - Stingray -

4.121) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

4.122) Houston Texans - Bah007 -

4.123) New Orleans Saints - RT22 -

4.124) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

4.125) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

4.126) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

4.127) New England Patriots - beerlover -

4.128) New York Giants - KMG 365 -

beerlover
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
New England selects - Bruce Irvin, OLB West Virginia 6-3 245

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/galleryPhotos/BRUCE-IRVIN-SACK-CELEB.jpg

Natural stand up rush linebacker, instinctual with probably quickest first step in 2012 NFL Draft. Patriots covet players who excel in space which is measured @ combine in drill sessions, primarily 3-cone drill were Bruce had the second fastest time ever for a DE. His 20 yard shuttle was the fastest ever along with solid numbers lifting, 23, vertical 33 1/2, BJ 10-3 40-yd Dash: 4.50 (1st among DLs, unofficially a 4.43 on 2nd run)'

All that said do his numbers (combine) support his other numbers (game stats)? Well in his two years @ West Virginia only Ryan Kerrigan (drafted 16th last year by the skins) had more sacks in two years with 23.5 compared to Bruce Irvin"s 22 sacks. His frame could support another 5-10 lbs creating a monster 250 lb OLB with burst & bubble, long arms 33 1/2" to rip past blockers & change of direction ability to deflect, tip, break otherwise disrupt any QB's timing & rhythm.

The combination of Perry, who could kick inside to DE in a 3-4 or down with hand in dirt 4-3 along with DT Reyes disrupting & penetrating inside lanes will create pathways for a speed edge rusher in the mold of a Bruce Irvin. I've been checking this mock expecting to make another pick but this selection just came the Patriots way both as value, BPA & need selection. CB position was addressed with Jayron Hosley & Patriots added safety help in free agency with Steve Gregory along with Anthony Gonzalez, WR formerly of the Colts so Bellibeer is hitting on all needs in free agency enhancing ability to select BPA. Patriots also just added Raiders OLB/DE Trevor Scott which will take pressure off a rookie like Irwin so he can excel on special teams, situation pass rushing reps gaining valuable mentoring from proven NFL veteran leadership.

BL :wesmantexanfan:

Dutchrudder
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
^ good pick. I was hoping him, McClellan or Robinson would make it to my fourth round pick. The Browns need OLB help, but he was the last one I thought could step in and start for them. Hopefully they get an OLB in free agency before I pick...

KMG 365
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
With the 96th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select...

Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

Not your typical Tom Coughlin pick. He generally looks for high character guys. Harris has first round talent but serious character issues. If he matures then the Giants have picked up a steal. Besides playing corner, Harris can also return punts.

pbat488
03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
with the 1st pick in the 4th round of the 2012 texans talk mock draft, the st. louis rams select..

t.y. hilton, wr, florida international

http://news.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Jan-13-21-268x400.jpg

one of my personal favorite players in the draft, the rams are ecstatic to select mr. hilton out of FIU. after not reaching for what they felt was a receiver that didn't fit what they were looking to do, the rams held out hope that t.y. would be here and were rewarded with their faith. he holds numerous records at fiu and has the speed and route running ability to become an absolute monster with bradford as his quarterback. given time to adjust to the speed of nfl defenses after playing against lesser competition in the sun belt conference, we see hilton maturing and becoming one of the most dynamic receivers in the nfl.

2012 rams mock draft so far:
1) matt kalil, ot, usc
2) zach brown, olb, unc
3) mike martin, dt, michigan
4) t.y. hilton, wr, fiu

the indianapolis colts are now on the clock!

rmartin65
03-17-2012, 10:20 PM
A lot of nice picks right in a row. This is looking like such a deep draft.

BL- you did not steal my pick! Irvin is a good one though.

beerlover
03-17-2012, 10:25 PM
with the 1st pick in the 4th round of the 2012 texans talk mock draft, the st. louis rams select..

t.y. hilton, wr, florida international

http://news.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Jan-13-21-268x400.jpg

one of my personal favorite players in the draft, the rams are ecstatic to select mr. hilton out of FIU. after not reaching for what they felt was a receiver that didn't fit what they were looking to do, the rams held out hope that t.y. would be here and were rewarded with their faith. he holds numerous records at fiu and has the speed and route running ability to become an absolute monster with bradford as his quarterback. given time to adjust to the speed of nfl defenses after playing against lesser competition in the sun belt conference, we see hilton maturing and becoming one of the most dynamic receivers in the nfl.

2012 rams mock draft so far:
1) matt kalil, ot, usc
2) zach brown, olb, unc
3) mike martin, dt, michigan
4) t.y. hilton, wr, fiu

the indianapolis colts are now on the clock!

good thing you finally took a WR because Brandon Lloyd just signed with the Patriots for reportedly 3 years 12 million which is in the Jacoby Jones neighborhood, guess he really wanted to play in Josh McDaniels offense again.

Dutchrudder
03-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I PM'd Dopp. I really hope my guy doesn't get taken in the next 3 picks...

4.98) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger -

4.99) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 -

4.100) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

4.101) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder -

4.102) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex -

Wolf6151
03-18-2012, 01:24 AM

That was a very good pick late in the 3rd round. I thought he would have been gone by now. Very good value.

JCTexan
03-18-2012, 02:34 AM

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/galleryPhotos/BRUCE-IRVIN-SACK-CELEB.jpg

Natural stand up rush linebacker, instinctual with probably quickest first step in 2012 NFL Draft. Patriots covet players who excel in space which is measured @ combine in drill sessions, primarily 3-cone drill were Bruce had the second fastest time ever for a DE. His 20 yard shuttle was the fastest ever along with solid numbers lifting, 23, vertical 33 1/2, BJ 10-3 40-yd Dash: 4.50 (1st among DLs, unofficially a 4.43 on 2nd run)'

All that said do his numbers (combine) support his other numbers (game stats)? Well in his two years @ West Virginia only Ryan Kerrigan (drafted 16th last year by the skins) had more sacks in two years with 23.5 compared to Bruce Irvin"s 22 sacks. His frame could support another 5-10 lbs creating a monster 250 lb OLB with burst & bubble, long arms 33 1/2" to rip past blockers & change of direction ability to deflect, tip, break otherwise disrupt any QB's timing & rhythm.

The combination of Perry, who could kick inside to DE in a 3-4 or down with hand in dirt 4-3 along with DT Reyes disrupting & penetrating inside lanes will create pathways for a speed edge rusher in the mold of a Bruce Irvin. I've been checking this mock expecting to make another pick but this selection just came the Patriots way both as value, BPA & need selection. CB position was addressed with Jayron Hosley & Patriots added safety help in free agency with Steve Gregory along with Anthony Gonzalez, WR formerly of the Colts so Bellibeer is hitting on all needs in free agency enhancing ability to select BPA. Patriots also just added Raiders OLB/DE Trevor Scott which will take pressure off a rookie like Irwin so he can excel on special teams, situation pass rushing reps gaining valuable mentoring from proven NFL veteran leadership.

BL :wesmantexanfan:

Nice pick. I almost selected him with Denver's third rounder but decided to go with Billy Winn instead.

beerlover
03-18-2012, 07:58 AM
A lot of nice picks right in a row. This is looking like such a deep draft.

BL- you did not steal my pick! Irvin is a good one though.

couldn't bring myself to do it :ahhaha:

Blake
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
REMINDER: Clocks are 6 hours now. Not 12.

Doppelganger
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Good morning Texans Talk Mock draft community. Even though it is the weekend, I will still go ahead and make my pick.

This offseason has seen major changes across the board for the DoppelColts. While we have lost Manning, Saturday, Clark, Addai, and Brackett, we are thrilled to have retained Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis. They will be be extremely helpful in helping our young squad learn the ropes and take the necessary steps needed to compete in the tough AFC South and beyond.

Our philosophy this offseaon has been to take the best players we could in order to replenish the team with young, hungry talent. With our first pick we selected Standout QB Andrew Luck. With our next two picks we completely re-tooled the O line with studs OG/OT Kelechi Osemele and OC/OG Phillip Blake.

With our fourth selection of the draft we have looked over our draft board and our stunned to see this player still on the board. We had originally graded him as a mid 2nd round talent, so we are stunned to see him still available here in the 4th round. This young man is a football player. All season and throughout the Senior Bowl, he was able to get separation, make tough catches, display good hands, and had very good route running. He is a big boy who presented a large target for his QB down the field. In 2011, he caught 75 receptions for 956 yards and 11 touchdowns. In 2010, he caught 82 passes for 1,233 yards and 11 touchdowns. He is the kind of player that would benefit very well from learning from Reggie Wayne. In addition, he and Mr. Luck will grow together and be a major obstacle for defenses for years.

So, without further ado, the DoppelColts are proud to present to you our fourth selection of the 2012 Texans Mock Draft: Mr. Juron Criner!

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/juron-criner.jpg

DoppelColts 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft Selections
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State
3. Phillip Blake, OC/OG, Baylor
4. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona

Blake
03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Mario is now Blake, for obvious reasons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kiwitexansfan
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Don't mean to be 'that guy' but should we throw out a couple of names for the Vikings?

Tick tock tick tock.

rmartin65
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Its the weekend, clock stops. His timer will start at 8 tomorrow morning.

kiwitexansfan
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Its the weekend, clock stops. His timer will start at 8 tomorrow morning.

Not here it's not!!

It's Monday afternoon and I'm bored at work.

Git er done!

:kitten:

I'll crawl back into my hobbit hole now.

rmartin65
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Not here it's not!!

It's Monday afternoon and I'm bored at work.

Git er done!

:kitten:

I'll crawl back into my hobbit hole now.

Haha, forgot you were in NZ. I checked his profile though, he has not been on for a while.

Section516
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa

rmartin65
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa

Speak of the devil!

Dutchrudder
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
WR Marvin McNutt, Iowa

http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/anaverry/173700.jpg

One more pick and I can get my guy...

kiwitexansfan
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my guy.

I really like McNutt, think he would be great value round about here.

Nice big target, able to make the spectacular catch.

Think he could be a really good redzone WR.

Honoring Earl 34
03-18-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/anaverry/173700.jpg

One more pick and I can get my guy...

Make sure you don't pick mine .

Shaft75
03-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Alright anyone that is still roaming, I'm going to try and make this pick without my prospect sheet and on a laptop that I have used, but haven't charged all weekend. This new macbook has some kick ass battery life.

So far my draft has gone:

1 - Luke Kuechly, MLB
2a - Harrison Smith, S
2b - Brock Osweiler, QB
3 - Keenan Robinson, OLB

Wish me luck.

kiwitexansfan
03-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Good luck, not drafting a safety.

Shaft75
03-19-2012, 12:43 AM
With the 100th pick of the NFL Draft, The Philadelphia Eagles select:

Brandon Mosely, OT Auburn

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/590/836/127979902_crop_650x440.jpg?1330480688

Need some help for that shaky OL the Eagles put out on the field. This guy ha some great potential and should be in line for a starting job sooner that later. Has great measurables too.

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Awesome, thanks for not taking my guy. With the 101st pick in the 2012 TexansTalk Mock Draft, the Cleveland Brownies will select:

LaMichael James RB from Oregon!

http://blog.timesunion.com/college/files/2011/01/lj2.jpg

LaMichael is an incredibly fast little dude that can be a playmaker around the edges, or a threat in the passing game. His speed and elusiveness will help relieve the pass rush against the QB this year and offer an excellent safety valve in the flats for McCoy or Weeden. After losing Peyton Hillis in free agency, the Browns are in desperate need of RB help and LaMichael is the first piece to fixing that spot on the depth chart. We will likely be visiting this position again in the draft, unless they sign Michael Bush or Cedric Benson in FA.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 LaMichael James RB

Wolf6151
03-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Solid RT prospect with great size for the position, even if he doesn't work out at RT he should be good at OG. He's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Good pick.

Section516
03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my guy.

I really like McNutt, think he would be great value round about here.

Nice big target, able to make the spectacular catch.

Think he could be a really good redzone WR.

That is what you get for rushin me on a sunday!

:bravo:

kiwitexansfan
03-19-2012, 01:57 AM
that is what you get for rushin me on a sunday!

:bravo:

but its monday night people!!!!!

:)

kiwitexansfan
03-19-2012, 01:58 AM
How effective do you all think James can be between the tackles or as a standard back?

I love him as a weapon, I always wanted a guy like that for the Texans.

Brandon420tx
03-19-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm away from my computer on a "vacation" of sorts, if my pick rolls around before thursday (which it likely will) I'll defer my pick to someone else. I haven't reset my board in a while anyway. I was going to pick the best BPA on defense for the Cards next, since they don't really have anything deadlocked anyway.

Blake
03-19-2012, 08:21 AM
4.102) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex - 6 HOUR CLOCK

aussie_texan
03-19-2012, 09:03 AM
i won't be on for another 10hours because I'm about to go to bed. can u stretch my clock out a little

Blake
03-19-2012, 09:18 AM
i won't be on for another 10hours because I'm about to go to bed. can u stretch my clock out a little

Can you PM me your top 2?

aussie_texan
03-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Can you PM me your top 2?

sent

beerlover
03-19-2012, 10:02 AM
How effective do you all think James can be between the tackles or as a standard back?

I think he makes his mark as a return man first. they should expand the playbook a little give him half a dozen plays to work in game situations. From there he just needs to stay healthy, out of trouble & learn how to block.

Blake
03-19-2012, 10:10 AM

He is quick like Sproles, but built like McCluster who I dont think can get it done inside. I think 3rd round is where he will be selected. But he will not be a standard back.

Texans could use this guy. Would be a good value to Texans in 4th-5th.

steelbtexan
03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I think he makes his mark as a return man first. they should expand the playbook a little give him half a dozen plays to work in game situations. From there he just needs to stay healthy, out of trouble & learn how to block.

BL,

Did you hear about your boy Irvin getting arrested over the weekend? Destruction of property, apparently this genius got md and decided to tear up a sign at a resturant.

he does have skills though.

beerlover
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
BL,

Did you hear about your boy Irvin getting arrested over the weekend? Destruction of property, apparently this genius got md and decided to tear up a sign at a resturant.

inside joke, he was upset I had selected him for the Patriots when he really, really wanted to be a Texan :toropalm:

steelbtexan
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
inside joke, he was upset I had selected him for the Patriots when he really, really wanted to be a Texan :toropalm:

Actually, I hope he drops to the 4th rd and the Texans take him. (Wont happen)

Blake
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
BL,

What else is there to do in WV? I assumed tearing up signs was normal.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
With their 4th round pick of the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Antonio Allen S, South Carolina

http://guysnfldraftlockerroom.com/sites/default/files/Antonio-Allen.jpg

Blake
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Aussie should be posting soon.

4.104) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 - ON THE 6 HOUR CLOCK

aussie_texan
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
The washington redakins select...

Brandon Taylor S LSU

Now time to sleep

rmartin65
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
In the 4th round of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Boise State S George Iloka.

http://media.tri-cityherald.com/smedia/2011/07/11/17/13/hXzys.St.36.jpg

Iloka is a versatile player, who can play either FS or SS for the Dolphins. We are surprised to see him drop into the 4th round.

Dolphins draft thus far:

1) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
3) Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
4) George Iloka, S, Boise State

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
3 Safetys in a row. I was tempted to take Iloka, but need at RB is pretty big. Oh well...

rmartin65
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
3 Safetys in a row. I was tempted to take Iloka, but need at RB is pretty big. Oh well...

It was going to happen eventually. There had been only 2 (I think) safeties taken before this run. Iloka was far and away the highest ranked player on my board.

beerlover
03-19-2012, 11:39 AM
In the 4th round of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Boise State S George Iloka.

http://media.tri-cityherald.com/smedia/2011/07/11/17/13/hXzys.St.36.jpg

Iloka is a versatile player, who can play either FS or SS for the Dolphins. We are surprised to see him drop into the 4th round.

Dolphins draft thus far:

1) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
3) Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
4) George Iloka, S, Boise State

good pick, wasn't the guy expected but nevertheless someone on my short list as well :)

bah007
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
The safety class is weak this year. I think this about the time we can expect to see a run on them in the real draft. Not surprised to see it here.

HOU-TEX
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
The safety class is weak this year. I think this about the time we can expect to see a run on them in the real draft. Not surprised to see it here.

Agreed. I had a S, OT and another CB on my Jags board. The OT was taken and the S was rated higher than the WR I had.

kiwitexansfan
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
It was going to happen eventually. There had been only 2 (I think) safeties taken before this run. Iloka was far and away the highest ranked player on my board.

3 Barron, Harrison and Martin.

I was going to draft Iloka.

beerlover
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I think next year we should hold off on this thing until the first of April cause of free agency & impact it has on team needs. Some teams are very active, like New England (WR's Anthony Gonzalez/Brandon Lloyd, TE Daniel Fells, DE/OLB Trevor Scott, Safety Steve Gregory & LB Tracy White) while others seem content to stand pat like Texans, losing several starters & only resigning one (Chris Myers) plus locking up franchise RB (Foster).

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I think next year we should hold off on this thing until the first of April cause of free agency & impact it has on team needs. Some teams are very active, like New England (WR's Anthony Gonzalez/Brandon Lloyd, TE Daniel Fells, DE/OLB Trevor Scott, Safety Steve Gregory & LB Tracy White) while others seem content to stand pat like Texans, losing several starters & only resigning one (Chris Myers) plus locking up franchise RB (Foster).

I agree, but maybe not April 1st. We are already 19 days into this, and it would be better to get it done before the actual draft. Start 8 days after free agency begins or something. Let the big names move, and then most people will have a good idea of where their team stands.

steelbtexan
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
T-Killer- tick tick tick

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Panthers draft so far:

1.9 Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
2.40 Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
No 3rd round pick.

So who should they take?

Doppelganger
03-19-2012, 05:43 PM

I agree, but maybe not April 1st. We are already 19 days into this, and it would be better to get it done before the actual draft. Start 8 days after free agency begins or something. Let the big names move, and then most people will have a good idea of where their team stands.

While the current setup is certainly fun, it definitely drags out. As Dutchudder said, we are now at Day 19 and are only in the begining of the 4th round. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire draft lasted nearly a month. That's inherently the problem with this kind of setup.

The ideal setup is to do it the way to real one is done. That would mean getting 32 people together in a single room and not let anyone leave until the draft was over. Of course that is not practical, but it could probably be done in a weekend and would reduce a lot of issues related to FA and differing moves.

Another option is to have fewer managers who agree to be online/in person at a specified time or place. Maybe 8 people with 4 teams each. No trades, but each pick gets a 5 minute time limit and then the next person can jump in. I bet in this format you could easily get the entire draft done in a weekend. (say Rounds 1-3 Saturday morning-early evening and Rounds 4-7 Sunday Morning-end).

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
While the current setup is certainly fun, it definitely drags out. As Dutchudder said, we are now at Day 19 and are only in the begining of the 4th round. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire draft lasted nearly a month. That's inherently the problem with this kind of setup.

The ideal setup is to do it the way to real one is done. That would mean getting 32 people together in a single room and not let anyone leave until the draft was over. Of course that is not practical, but it could probably be done in a weekend and would reduce a lot of issues related to FA and differing moves.

Another option is to have fewer managers who agree to be online/in person at a specified time or place. Maybe 8 people with 4 teams each. No trades, but each pick gets a 5 minute time limit and then the next person can jump in. I bet in this format you could easily get the entire draft done in a weekend. (say Rounds 1-3 Saturday morning-early evening and Rounds 4-7 Sunday Morning-end).

While it would be fun for everyone to meet up at a place with Wi-Fi like BW3's, Bubbas or somewhere, it's not necessary that everyone meet in person. We could still host it online in the forum, but allow everyone to participate, provided they show up online that day. Would be great to get food and drinks while drafting too. Maybe some NBA or NCAA games would be on for entertainment.

We could keep a running list of selections with a Google Document, which automatically does live updates. Then use the forum to make selections in a thread. I have a Gdoc of the current draft going here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AscQRwKjB5B9dDlCMnM4R20wcDltQ2wzeXUwNmpsa Hc

kiwitexansfan
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Panthers draft so far:

1.9 Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
2.40 Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
No 3rd round pick.

So who should they take?

Quick google suggests they have needs at WR and OL.

As my pick is getting closer and I have similiar areas of interest I won't throw names around.

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Quick google suggests they have needs at WR and OL.

As my pick is getting closer and I have similiar areas of interest I won't throw names around.

Lots of WRs still on the board:
Joe Adams WR 5'10½" 174 Arkansas
Brian Quick WR 6'3½" 222 Appalachian State
Ryan Broyles WR 5'10¼" 187 Oklahoma
Jarius Wright WR 5'9⅝" 176 Arkansas
T.j. Graham WR 5'11⅜" 182 North Carolina State

Other options:
Josh Norman CB 6'0⅜" 203 Coastal Carolina
Tyrone Crawford DE 6'4⅛" 285 Boise State
Casey Hayward CB 5'10" 188 Vanderbilt

If we are looking for a compliment to Steve Smith, I would go with Quick.

Dutchrudder
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
On the clock:

steelbtexan
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Who did T-Killer pick?

aussie_texan
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Who did T-Killer pick?

Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Dutchrudder
03-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Texan4Ever? More like, Takes him 4 ever. Amirite?

jk... :D

Dutchrudder
03-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Texan4Ever's proxy pick for the Bills:

Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0117/ncf_a_fuller_ps_300.jpg

On the clock:

Blake
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I like Fuller, but most sources have him coming off the board after a few more WR's like Quick.

Blake
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
4.107) Seattle Seahawks - Ndevine7 - Selection Made.

4.108) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 - - On the Clock - 3/20/2012 12:28:41 PM: PMSENT

4.109) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan - PMSENT

4.110) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan - PMSENT

Señor Stan
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Awesome, thanks for not taking my guy. With the 101st pick in the 2012 TexansTalk Mock Draft, the Cleveland Brownies will select:

LaMichael James RB from Oregon!

http://blog.timesunion.com/college/files/2011/01/lj2.jpg

LaMichael is an incredibly fast little dude that can be a playmaker around the edges, or a threat in the passing game. His speed and elusiveness will help relieve the pass rush against the QB this year and offer an excellent safety valve in the flats for McCoy or Weeden. After losing Peyton Hillis in free agency, the Browns are in desperate need of RB help and LaMichael is the first piece to fixing that spot on the depth chart. We will likely be visiting this position again in the draft, unless they sign Michael Bush or Cedric Benson in FA.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 LaMichael James RB

Lost points with me for not using this picture...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/286/048/lamichaeljames_original.png?1325093890

Ndevine7
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
With the 4th round pick in the 2012 NFL Mock Draft the Seattle Seahawks select...

Josh Norman 6'0 197 CB Coastal Carolina

Texan4Ever
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks dutch, I sent him a PM because I don't know what happened to the guy (Super Mario?) that was designated as the go-to person for pm-ing picks. And btw, who is blake?

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks dutch, I sent him a PM because I don't know what happened to the guy (Super Mario?) that was designated as the go-to person for pm-ing picks. And btw, who is blake?

Blake is Super Mario. This happened after Mario left the building.

Señor Stan
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Super Mario went to post on Buffalo Bills boards. We got Blake as an UDFA.

Texan4Ever
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Blake is Super Mario. This happened after Mario left the building.

Super Mario went to post on Buffalo Bills boards. We got Blake as an UDFA.

Ok, blake = SM b/c I was like, "Where the fuk did this cat come from?"

BTW, I'm glad they reopened the registration for Bills message board, been waiting for over a year to get on that site.

Honoring Earl 34
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
The Chiefs of KC pick WR Joe Adams of Arkansas fame .

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/88/880598.jpg

Blake
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
kiwitexansfan's New York Jets Select:

Audie Cole, LB, NC State

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OnftkMTzmDQ/TtwJxbzZoKI/AAAAAAAAAEw/H_gNaiiBF2k/s1600/5fG4z.Em.156.jpg

Dutchrudder
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Emailed Aussie

Blake
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I was eyeing Cole for the Lions.

4.110) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan - On the Clock - 3/20/2012 3:00:52 PM: PMSENT

4.111) San Diego Chargers - Srrono - On Deck. PMSENT

4.112) Chicago Bears - MistaRed - In the Hole. PMSENT

4.113) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx - PMSENT

4.114) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan - PMSENT

Wolf6151
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Nevermind

kiwitexansfan
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
kiwitexansfan's New York Jets Select:

Audie Colie, NC State, LB

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OnftkMTzmDQ/TtwJxbzZoKI/AAAAAAAAAEw/H_gNaiiBF2k/s1600/5fG4z.Em.156.jpg

Thanks SuperMariBlake.

I really love Colie to play inside in the 3-4.

The thing I love about him is his pass coverage ability. He is very alert and instinctive in the middle of the field. This is somewhat an anti-TE selection.

beerlover
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks SuperMariBlake.

I really love Colie to play inside in the 3-4.

The thing I love about him is his pass coverage ability. He is very alert and instinctive in the middle of the field. This is somewhat an anti-TE selection.

damn that one hurt, first pick I've missed on :pissed:

Dutchrudder
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM

What do you mean "missed on"? You don't have a pick anywhere around that spot.

Also, anyone who wants to send in picks is welcome to do so, but please send them to both me and Blake (Super Mario) so that one of us is likely to be around to make the selection.

Brandon420tx
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I want to remind you guys again I'm on vacation away from my computer and bigboard. So I'll open up my pick to the board. Defensive BPA please for the Cards please

aussie_texan
03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
will make my pick in a minute

kiwitexansfan
03-20-2012, 08:11 PM

HA HA!!

Nice to be the one throwing spanners rather than tripping over them.

aussie_texan
03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
With the 110th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the washington Redskins select:

Tank Carder ILB TCU

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/S7P1a8qQDsI/AAAAAAAABcg/IUTcXRrl7YE/s1600/Tank+Carder.jpg

Need depth help at ILB with London Flectcher turning 37 this year and still on the field.

Tank has good tackling skills and moves well in coverage.
Can play all linebacker positions but will predominately be used at ILB.
Can help out at OLB for depth as well.
As good instincts and reacts well.

ps thanks Kiwi for not taking my guy:handshake:

Redskins draft:
1. Jonathan Martin OT
2. Stephon Gilmore CB
3. Tommy Streeter WR
4a. Brandon Taylor S
4b. Tank Carder ILB

srrono
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
With the 111th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select:
Ladarius Green TE UL Lafayette
http://i39.tinypic.com/348fyhe.jpg

Chargers draft:
1. Michael Brockers, DT, Louisiana State
2. Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina
3. SHEA MCCLELLIN OLB, Boise State
4. Ladarius Green TE UL Lafayette

Wolf6151
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
With the 111th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select:
Ladarius Green TE UL Lafayette
http://i39.tinypic.com/348fyhe.jpg

Chargers draft:
1. Michael Brockers, DT, Louisiana State
2. Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina
3. SHEA MCCLELLIN OLB, Boise State
4. Ladarius Green TE UL Lafayette

That's a very good pick in the 4th, he's got some stud potential.

Shaft75
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
So I guess my draft is straight up fuk'd now. The Eagles won't be going with Kuechly. They got our boy Ryans. Crazy...

So if it goes by our draft, the Texans are going to get a project tackle from Auburn. I guess I nabbed us a "need" with my 4th pick.

EDIT: I forgot the 3rd rounder, which actually might be Keenan Robinson. Interesting...

MistaRed
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
With the 112th pick the 2012 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select:

http://media.oregonlive.com/john_canzano_impact/photo/10151043-large.jpg

Josh Kaddu, LB, Oregon

Kaiser Toro
03-20-2012, 10:31 PM
I want to remind you guys again I'm on vacation away from my computer and bigboard. So I'll open up my pick to the board. Defensive BPA please for the Cards please

Brandon is up. Gurus pick Defense BPA for him.

steelbtexan
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM

I cant be part of picking since I'm next up and there's a guy I want really bad.

It will be interesting who the board takes there are a few good defensive guys still on the board.

Shaft75
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I cant be part of picking since I'm next up and there's a guy I want really bad.

It will be interesting who the board takes there are a few good defensive guys still on the board.

Yeah I think you and I are going to be riding the pine on this one. I have my choices locked and loaded though. I've got my eye on someone.:goodluck:

Shaft75
03-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Brandon420tx is a group picks guys.

We need to start getting some opinions.

He said he wanted best kicker or punter available.

Shaft75
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
With the 112th pick the 2012 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select:

http://media.oregonlive.com/john_canzano_impact/photo/10151043-large.jpg

Josh Kaddu, LB, Oregon

Good pick. I like Kaddu. I also like his uni.

bah007
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Candidate for Arizona:

Cam Johnson - OLB, Virginia

He should not still be on the board and he fills a big time need for them.

Other top guys left:
DE - Tyrone Crawford - Boise St
ILB - James-Michael Johnson, Nevada
CB - Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Candidate for Arizona:

No, I've heard publicly that there has been no interest in Cam from the Cardinals.

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
They need a DT like Randall from TX

Kaiser Toro
03-21-2012, 12:19 AM

grrrrr

bah007
03-21-2012, 12:23 AM

Don't they have Darnell Dockett and Dan Williams. And aren't they running a 34?

I see what's going on here...

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Don't they have Darnell Dockett and Dan Williams. And aren't they running a 34?

I see what's going on here...

Wait wait wait... I can explain...

Whisenhunt called me awhile back for advice and I suggested Cam, dude hasn't spoken to me since. He would be furious if we selected Cam. Something about the ugly bumpy skin tattoos just really turns the guy off.

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Candidate for Arizona:

Other top guys left:
DE - Tyrone Crawford - Boise St
ILB - James-Michael Johnson, Nevada
CB - Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma

I'm good with Cam, he's a 2-3rd rounder IMO. If he fits the scheme, he is BPA.

Wolf6151
03-21-2012, 02:17 AM
Cam Johnson would seem to be BPA on defense and a very good pick for the Cardinals.

kiwitexansfan
03-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Cam Johnson it is.

Top defensive player on my board too.

Shall we move on?

Wolf6151
03-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Cam Johnson it is.

Top defensive player on my board too.

Shall we move on?

Agreed Cam Johnson-DE for the Arizona Cardinals.

SteelBTexan and the Dallas Cowboys are up.

Blake
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Picks have been updated.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90043

4.114) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan - On THe Clock as of 7AM - PMSENT

4.115) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 - PMSENT

4.116) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan - PMSENT

4.117) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro - PMSENT

4.118) Detroit Lions - Super Mario - PMSENT

Blake
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
To make things quicker, anyone want to just take the Panthers over? Or just leave it as group selection?

Kaiser Toro
03-21-2012, 08:41 AM
To make things quicker, anyone want to just take the Panthers over? Or just leave it as group selection?

Group

steelbtexan
03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys for taking the Johnson he was the pass rusher the Cowboys had their eye on. I should've taken Bequette last rd.

With the 114th pick in the TT mock draft the Dallas Cowboys select Jamell Fleming CB/S Oklahoma. Fleming ran a 4.43 at 5'11, 206 LBS. He did 23 reps at the combine.

Fleming has the size/speed/strength to S, he's a very good tackler and smart player. If it doesn't work out at S for Fleming, you have a really good nickle CB. Either way he upgrades the Cowboys woeful secondary. Fleming was my BPA.

Cowboys TT mock draft.

Rd.1 Janoris Jenkins
Rd.2 Brandon Brooks
Rd.3 Josh Chapman
Rd.4 Jamell Fleming

steelbtexan
03-21-2012, 09:27 AM

Ditto

Group

pbat488
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't really care to get involved because it's a dumb internet fight in the first place but it is pretty lame to edit his post that way just because you can. would be best to just delete the edited post imo.

as for TK, some people get real into this, and others have time constraints as well. something that takes this long and with as much effort as some put into it, things can get on edge. don't get so butthurt about things.

Blake
03-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't really care to get involved because it's a dumb internet fight in the first place but it is pretty lame to edit his post that way just because you can. would be best to just delete the edited post imo.

as for TK, some people get real into this, and others have time constraints as well. something that takes this long and with as much effort as some put into it, things can get on edge. don't get so butthurt about things.

You are 100% right. Sorry if I pissed off anyone. I just deleted those posts. Now on with the show!

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
My draft is jacked now. No more needs... I'm just going BPA.

Brian Quick, WR Appalachian State.

http://highcountrypress.com/weekly/2009/10-08-09/00_photos/BrianQuick.jpg

Blake
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Senior Stan was respectable enough to PM me his picks since he wasnt 100% sure if he would be around to make his selection.

1) Chris Polk RB, Washington (4.116) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan)

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/chris-polk-p2.jpg

bah007
03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
How was Polk still available this late?

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
How was Polk still available this late?

Cause defense has been killin it!

Kaiser Toro
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals take Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOHbg13Yu5IkNrZSENrZnYT2AtrjD0o oLXptW3Bvz0FdMNRg7qyg

1st - Kevin Zeitler OG
1st - Dont'a Hightower LB
2nd - David Wilson RB
3rd - Leonard Johnson CB
4th - Ryan Broyles WR

Blake
03-21-2012, 12:21 PM
The Detroit Lions Select: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

http://ogdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Nick-Foles.jpg

The Lions have Stafford at the helm, and just re-signed Shaun Hill for a 2 year backup deal. This gives Nick a couple of years to groom to be the backup or as trade bait. Foles is a big strong kid who has alot of upside. A down SR year mostly due to a poor Wildcat team, and combine led to him dropping in this draft.

A great value for the Lions in round 4.

Blake
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
4.119) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder - On the Clock.

END OF ROUND 4

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Well, with the 119th pick in the 2012 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select the other Lewis linebacker from OU:

Travis Lewis

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Travis+Lewis+T+J+Moe+Oklahoma+v+Missouri+MpzN2je8a uHl.jpg

The Browns need some help at LB given the uncertainty of D'qwell Jackson's health each year, so they add depth to the LB corps. Lewis may be able to get some rotational play at OLB too. He's a bit small, listed at 6'2 232, but he can bulk up some more and should still be a special teams contributor.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 Lamichael James RB
4.119 Travis Lewis LB

PM sent to Stingray

Honoring Earl 34
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, with the 119th pick in the 2012 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select the other Lewis linebacker from OU:

Travis Lewis

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Travis+Lewis+T+J+Moe+Oklahoma+v+Missouri+MpzN2je8a uHl.jpg

The Browns need some help at LB given the uncertainty of D'qwell Jackson's health each year, so they add depth to the LB corps. Lewis may be able to get some rotational play at OLB too. He's a bit small, listed at 6'2 232, but he can bulk up some more and should still be a special teams contributor.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 Lamichael James RB
4.119 Travis Lewis LB

PM sent to Stingray

Bout dad burn time . :cheese:

beerlover
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Another one bites the dust.

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 01:47 PM

Another one bites the dust.

I don't understand either of these posts. Did you guys have him rated highly? I had him rated as a 4th rounder.

beerlover
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't understand either of these posts. Did you guys have him rated highly? I had him rated as a 4th rounder.

What don't you understand? Simply highest rated player @ position of need.

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
What don't you understand? Simply highest rated player @ position of need.

Oh ok. I actually have a few DEs rated higher than him, but the Browns picked up a few in FA and I got Mercilus. Also have 2 WRs rated higher than Lewis, but I got Blackmon, so it wasn't necessarily BPA for me, but he was number 6 :)

kiwitexansfan
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Quick and Foles were players I really wanted to get in the next round.

Although with Tebow on board the Jets don't need a..... oh wait, they still need a competent NFL QB.

Honoring Earl 34
03-21-2012, 03:15 PM

No I was getting on you for taking so much time .

Blake
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM

Bout damn time? Or did you really mean to say Bout dad burn time?

stingray
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
The Steelers select OT from Utah Tony Bergstrom in the 4th round.

JCTexan
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
With the 121st pick the Denver Broncos select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/Nigel_Bradham.jpg

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

Bradham could fit in the NFL at any 4-3 LB position, and inside in a 3-4. Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, Bradham is extremely versatile. Best fit would appear to be outside in a 4-3. He's fearless, relentless, and fast. Covers a lot of ground on the field. Is usually around the ball. Solid tackler. Can turn and run with TEs in coverage. Can anchor despite slightly high cut build, and uses hands well to shed blocks. Dedicated hard worker on and off the field with virtually perfect durability record.

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
With the 121st pick the Denver Broncos select...

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

Bradham could fit in the NFL at any 4-3 LB position, and inside in a 3-4. Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, Bradham is extremely versatile. Best fit would appear to be outside in a 4-3. He's fearless, relentless, and fast. Covers a lot of ground on the field. Is usually around the ball. Solid tackler. Can turn and run with TEs in coverage. Can anchor despite slightly high cut build, and uses hands well to shed blocks. Dedicated hard worker on and off the field with virtually perfect durability record.

Solid pick, the Browns would have taken him if Lewis wasn't on the board. :)

Texans are on the clock!

Blake
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Im not going to change it obviously, but Texans have Philly's 4th rounder where Quick was just selected. Just an observation.

bah007
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm in a bit of a spot here. With all that has happened since we started this draft, I would have changed my entire draft philosophy. Now we lose Ryans but I don't get the pick we received in the trade because it happened after our draft started. Tough luck.

I was really aiming for Broyles or Quick right here but they just didn't make it to me. With that in mind, with our 4th round pick the Houston Texans select:

Kyle Wilber – OLB, Wake Forest

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/122911_MSST@WF.jpg

Wilber addresses our depth at OLB. I see him as a Brooks Reed clone with less strength and he is less refined as a pass rusher. I like his potential and I think he could be a valuable asset. He is very athletic and has very good feet. Once we get his pass rushing moves more polished I think we will be looking at OLB as a major strength of this team, even without Mario. In today's NFL you can never have too many pass rushers. He could also be valuable on special teams, as he has been somewhat of a kick blocking specialist during his time at Wake Forest.

Blake
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Boom! Saw that pick coming a mile away. Perfect prospect for our 3-4. Nice pick bah.

Wolf6151
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm in a bit of a spot here. With all that has happened since we started this draft, I would have changed my entire draft philosophy. Now we lose Ryans but I don't get the pick we received in the trade because it happened after our draft started. Tough luck.

I was really aiming for Broyles or Quick right here but they just didn't make it to me. With that in mind, with our 4th round pick the Houston Texans select:

Wilber addresses our depth at OLB. I see him as a Brooks Reed clone with less strength and he is less refined as a pass rusher. I like his potential and I think he could be a valuable asset. He is very athletic and has very good feet. Once we get his pass rushing moves more polished I think we will be looking at OLB as a major strength of this team, even without Mario. In today's NFL you can never have too many pass rushers. He could also be valuable on special teams, as he has been somewhat of a kick blocking specialist during his time at Wake Forest.

I like this pick, I've been looking at him as a depth pick for a Texans mock. Good pick.

Shaft75
03-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Good pick. You probably would have had Broyles or Quick, but that damn group pick took Cam away. But oh well, looks like steel was going to pick him up ahead of me anyways.

Man that trade really screwed up both of our drafts. I think I could have had the 1st and 2nd round picks nailed if there was no trade.

Rey
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't have a problem with that pick..

aussie_texan
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
The Detroit Lions Select: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

http://ogdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Nick-Foles.jpg

The Lions have Stafford at the helm, and just re-signed Shaun Hill for a 2 year backup deal. This gives Nick a couple of years to groom to be the backup or as trade bait. Foles is a big strong kid who has alot of upside. A down SR year mostly due to a poor Wildcat team, and combine led to him dropping in this draft.

A great value for the Lions in round 4.

So wanted this guy since the 3rd round but i kept putting it off. was gonna take him in the 5th ... ohwell

Dutchrudder
03-21-2012, 11:01 PM
R2D2 is on the clock for the saints.

RT22
03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
With the pick #123 The New Orleans Saints select DE Jonathan Massaquoi 6'-2" 264 lbs Troy University.

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Nytexan's pick by Proxy:

With their 4th round selection the Green Bay Packers select Shaun Prater a CB out of Iowa. I expected him to be a mid to late 3re round pick so the Packer FO is again please to see him still on the board. They would like him to compete to start at the 3rd CB position and eventually replace Woodson when he retires.

EAST-WEST SHRINE: An Iowa prospect stood out. Despite measuring in at just 5-10 and 185 pounds, cornerback Shaun Prater showed off his quickness and short-area burst, getting his hands on a number of passes in 7-on-7 drills. He had a few dropped interceptions that he should have picked off -- and he knew it by the way he dropped to the ground and grinded out a few pushups following a drop. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

12/05/11 - 2011 ALL-BIG TEN FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): Defensive Back Shaun Prater, Iowa, has been selected All-Big Ten First Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the conference coaches. Prater started all 12 games in the defensive secondary, recording 46 tackles while ranking among national leaders with four caused fumbles. He had an 89-yard interception return for a touchdown. - Iowa football

1st Round OLB Andre Branch Clemson
2nd Round RB Doug Martin Boise State
3rd Round DE Chandler Jones Syracuse
4th Round CB Shaun Prater Iowa

Texan4ever and the Bills are on the clock!

Texan4Ever
03-22-2012, 07:39 AM
^Damn it, stole my pick!

Texan4Ever
03-22-2012, 07:51 AM
With the 125th pick in the 2012 NFL Mock Draft, the Bills select...

Omar Bolden, CB Arizona St.

Yes, he is coming off a serious injury but when healthy, he is probably one of the better CBs in this draft. Ran a 4.45 at his pro day and has shown significant progress in coming off his injury.

As per NFL.com:

Bolden is a superb cover corner capable of playing on an island. He is at his best in bump-and-run coverage, where he can recover after stabbing. He is also effective in zone, where he can trigger his foot and drive to make a play on the ball. He has speed to start at the next level and the body control to adjust on a ball while covering at full speed.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/082/804/91182173_display_image.jpg?1310262857

Blake
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
4.126) San Francisco 49ers - Rey - On the Clock 7am. PMSENT.

4.127) New England Patriots - beerlover - Received top 2.

4.128) New York Giants - KMG 365 -PMSENT.

Rey
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
With the 126th pick in the NFL draft the San Fran 49ers select:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/655/507/4cc684ce1c75e.preview-300_original_display_image.jpg?1295628086

Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

Strengths: Looks the part with a strong, defined frame and good length (33?? arms, 9?? hands). Has good quickness and athleticism for his size. Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ballcarrier. Has strong hands and holds his own at the point of attack. Stout anchor when he plays low to the ground. Has strong practice habits and coaches talk highly of his work ethic. Has been productive at the FBS-level with a combined 27.0 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks the past two seasons. Offers some scheme versatility.

Weaknesses: Not a quick-twitch player who will consistently threaten the edge. Has limited explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position ? not overly flexible or loose. Has a limited array of pass rush moves and needs to improve his technique in this area. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read/react skills. Has some durability concerns, missing time this past season with leg injuries. Has only year as a starter at the FBS-level and was part of a rotation-heavy defensive front ? limited experience against top competition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1781663/tyrone-crawford

The 9ers really could have gone a couple different directions here, but Crawford provides the most value. Should get a lot of playing time as a rookie playing 5 tech in the 9ers 3-4 defense. Crawford probably should have gone a round earlier, but the 9ers won't complain.

Picks so far:

1) Stephen Hill
2) Brandon Boykin
3) Isiah Pead
4) Tyrone Crawford

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Beerlover/Patriots pick by proxy OT Matt McCants, UAB 6-5 309

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/McCants-420x294.jpg

This is due to Mankins tearing his ACL last year. Need some more depth in case he can't play.

KMG and the Giants are on the clock!

Blake
Via PM: Thanks Beerlover

4.127) New England Patriots - beerlover - Matt McCants, OT, Alabama Birmingham

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/784/319/mcCants_display_image.jpg?1326223307

Blake
Damn Dutch! We are just on top of this ****.

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Damn Dutch! We are just on top of this ****.

lol, happened on the last one too, but I edited my post quickly to just show the draft order :D

bah007
03-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Somebody is going to get a real steal with Omar Bolden on draft day.

Rey
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Somebody is going to get a real steal with Omar Bolden on draft day.

I think we need to take one of these corners in the draft somewhere...I realize we have a lot of bodies at the position already, but this is a pretty talented crop and I'd like us to take advantage of that...

KMG 365
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
With the 128th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select...

Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State

Brewster can play all five positions on the O-line. The Giants need to think about replacing their aging veterans.

Blake
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Round 4 is done. Next 5 up

5.129) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger -

5.130) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

5.131) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 -

5.132) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder -

5.133) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TexansSeminole -

Doppelganger
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Good afternoon to the fellow GMs of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock draft. I would like to extend a special welcome to the non GMs who are following this mock as well! As the GM of the DoppleColts I would like to officially welcome everyone to the 5th round!

One thing that became abundantly clear last year was that in general the DoppelColts were bereft of talent. This offseason, as GM I have made moves to acquire talent through FA, retain talent, as well as draft it.

In the first few rounds of this draft I acquired Mr. Andrew Luck and then surrounded him with protection and a great receiver to throw the ball. Now, it is time to turn to the defense and acquire top level talent for that side of the ball. The player I have chosen fits our defensive philosophy to a T. We need to become younger, hungrier, and more athletic on Defense. But moreover, we need to get bigger. The DoppleColts have traditionally brought out an ultralight D. In one of my offseason moves I signed Ravens DE Corey Redding. He is an excellent 3-4 DE and will help along Drake Nevis at the other 3-4 DE slot.

Four 5th round selection, I choose a young man who I believe can start and play very well for the DoppleColts. We had him rated as a 3rd round prospect and are elated to find him here in the 5th round. We opted to select an athletic football player. He had an excellent senior year where he had 36 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and three passes broken up. Every practice this season, he faced one of the best interior OL and becuase of that both of them got better at their positions. In addition he shined at the East West game where he was practically lived in the backfield. No matter which of the vaunted OGs were thrown his way, this guy beat them and harassed the QB. He is a high motor, high character guy who will fit in very well with what we are doing.

So, without further ado, the DoppelColts are proud to present to you our fifth selection of the 2012 Texans Mock Draft: Mr. Nick Jean-Baptiste!

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6818422.jpeg

DoppelColts 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft Selections
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State
3. Phillip Blake, OC/OG, Baylor
4. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
5. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor

Section516
03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Somehow, I just knew you were going to take my guy =( I had claim on him!

:bat:

JCTexan
03-22-2012, 04:28 PM
With the 130th pick in the draft the Denver Broncos select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/RYANSTEEDACTION_m300Image.jpg

Ryan Steed, CB, Furman

Instinctive football player. Keeps his eyes up and shows a quick burst to undercut throws. Looks natural catching the ball, extending his arms and cradling the ball with his hands to do so. Good timing and athleticism as a leaper, showing quick hands to knock the ball free from the receiver and going for the interception (when in position to do so). Doesn't panic when the ball is in the air, showing good discipline and awareness to locate the ball rather than face guard and potentially draw the flag. Dangerous with the ball in his hands. Has a feel for setting up blocks and runs with burst and balance.

Denver Broncos draft:

Round 1: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
Round 2: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
Round 3: Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
Round 4: Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
Round 5: Ryan Steed, CB, Furman

Wolf6151
03-22-2012, 04:46 PM
With the 128th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select...

Brewster can play all five positions on the O-line. The Giants need to think about replacing their aging veterans.

:overreact: NOOOOOOOO, you took my pick. :bat:

:worldpeace:

Honoring Earl 34
03-22-2012, 04:49 PM

He's going to get paid and it will be Brewster's Millions . :smiliepalm:

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow, I wish I had 3 picks right now and then was done with the draft. Buncha guys falling much further than I thought they would. We need to use Comp picks next year damnit! The Browns are expected to get 3 or 4 in the 5/6/7 rounds this year! I could have the greatest draft ever with a couple more 5ths! :D

steelbtexan
03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
1st time on today,

Really good picks

Love the Baptiste/McCants picks,

This draft is really deep, does anybody else feel like there isn't much difference between the Dennard/Fleming/Minniefields and the Steed/Bolden/Praters in this draft?

Wolf6151
03-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Does Section516 know he's on the clock? He was in here earlier today.

Dutchrudder
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Does Section516 know he's on the clock? He was in here earlier today.

I sent him an email, but you or anyone else is always welcome to PM people. I always send an email if it's available, PM if that's not. Sometimes both.

Señor Stan
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
REMINDER: Clocks are 6 hours now. Not 12.

bzzzzttttt!!!!

Last pick was at 4PM...clock expired at 8 this morning....group pick?

Blake
03-23-2012, 10:57 AM

1.3) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
2.35) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Mark Barron, S, Alabama
3.67) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
4.99) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

Im going to give them Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

Señor Stan
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM

1.3) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
2.35) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Mark Barron, S, Alabama
3.67) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
4.99) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 - Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

Im going to give them Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

Given Adrian Petersons blowed up knee...not a bad idea...

Seen him going as high as round 2 in some places...

Blake
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Well we are going to have to have someone else update the results thread as my "mod" rights for mock draft talk has been stripped.

:Shrug:

Section516
03-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry guys, something came up in the real.

Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

I really wanted Jean-Baptiste, but hey, the way of life.

Blake
03-23-2012, 11:09 AM
3.77) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 - Keenan Robinson, LB, Texas

Señor Stan
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
3.77) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 - Keenan Robinson, LB, Texas

Who is next on Shafts list...516 just made his pick and it's the same dude.

Doppelganger
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Well we are going to have to have someone else update the results thread as my "mod" rights for mock draft talk has been stripped.

:Shrug:

I think its becuase you changed your name and the system doesn't recognize Blake as a mod whereas SuperMario was. I imagine you need to get someone to reinstate your proper position.

Rey
03-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Who is next on Shafts list...516 just made his pick and it's the same dude.

I think he was pointing out that Shaft had already made the pick earlier and 516 needs to pick a new guy...

Rey
03-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I think its becuase you changed your name and the system doesn't recognize Blake as a mod whereas SuperMario was. I imagine you need to get someone to reinstate your proper position.

I could be mistaken, but I believe he had mod powers even with the name change...

Doppelganger
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I could be mistaken, but I believe he had mod powers even with the name change...

But his name isn't in Blue. I thought people with their names in Blue were mods. The green font people were contributors and the red font people were the admins. I think I have seen only 2 admins but I may be wrong.

Rey
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
But his name isn't in Blue. I thought people with their names in Blue were mods.

I think his name was red for a while...even after the name change.

I could just have seen the UH avatar and thought that though...

Blake
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I had select mod powers only in this mock draft talk arena even after the name change. I can only assume it was taken away after TK got his panties in a wad.

Blake
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I think he was pointing out that Shaft had already made the pick earlier and 516 needs to pick a new guy...

Correct. I think section516 left, so we are going to have to keep him with the RB Bernard Pierce.

Señor Stan
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM

yep...just saw that...looks like 516 jumped back off so we may need to group pick afterall...Bernard Pierce it is...

HOU-TEX
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm ready, let's go. lol

Got 4 ready, 1 of which I can't believe is still on the board. I will PM Blakester if I don't see any progress before I leave today so I don't hold things up over the weekend

Section516
03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Poop, my bad. Sorry for jacking it up.

Blake
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Poop, my bad. Sorry for jacking it up.

No worries bro. You have until Dutch posts his selection to make a new selection should you choose to do so.

Section516
03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Nah, thats good. I was coin flipping between a RB or a defensive player. It dun matta! I got RG3 #believe!

Dutchrudder
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
With the 132nd pick in the 2012 TT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Dutch Oven Brownies select:

Asa Jackson, CB from Cal Poly!

http://media.sanluisobispo.com/smedia/2011/07/18/15/03/1iCeh0.MiSt.76.jpg

The Browns re-signed Dimitri Patterson, but they still need help in the secondary. I thought about going with a safety here and it's tough to pass up one of the DTs on the board, but CB is more of a need. Asa had good production last year with 55 total tackles (40 solo) along with a sack, two interceptions and nine pass breakups. He ran a 4.49, and has the speed needed to compete in the NFL. He won't be thrown into a starters role, but will work rotationally as a CB #2 or possibly as the nickel corner. He also has punt returning capability so he could fill in for Josh Cribbs if he gets hurt again.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 Lamichael James RB
4.119 Travis Lewis LB
5.132 Asa Jackson CB

On clock:

5.133) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TexansSeminole -

5.134) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

5.135) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex -

5.136) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection -

5.137) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

5.138) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

5.139) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

5.140) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

5.141) Oakland Raiders - Group Selection -

5.142) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

5.143) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

5.144) Arizona Cardinals - MistaRed -

Rey
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I like Asa Jackson a lot...

I wouldn't mind the Texans picking him up...

Señor Stan
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Chances are, I won't be able to post this weekend so I sent off my top 16 to dutch and blake.

Blake
03-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Picks have been updated for your viewing pleasure.

Next 5

5.133) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TexansSeminole - ON THE CLOCK

TexansSeminole
03-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Will make pick in about an hour. I am on property but will be back in office by then.

beerlover
03-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Guess New England is done, so this will suffice as my final recap.

#27 Nick Perry, DE, Southern California, 6026 271 elite power rusher w/ability to kick inside
http://titansized.com/files/2012/03/48754003.jpg
#31 Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut, 6040 299 excellent strength/physical phone booth skill set
http://www.maxdenver.com/images/SeniorBowl2012/kelemette_reyes.jpg
#48 Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers, 6014 211 athletic, with great hands/football instincts
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3235629/37952_South_Florida_Rutgers_Football.jpg
#63 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech, 5-10 178 ball hawk cover corner
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/980/421/104444820_display_image.jpg?1306894745
#95 Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia, 6-3 245 projected elite edge rusher, natural pass rush instincts
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/468/413/irvin_display_image.jpg?1319445484
#127 Matt McCants, OT, Alabama Birmingham, 6-5 309 Smooth athlete with elite length
http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/284157431.jpg?548

Honoring Earl 34
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Guess New England is done, so this will suffice as my final recap.

#27 Nick Perry, DE, Southern California, 6026 271 elite power rusher w/ability to kick inside
http://titansized.com/files/2012/03/48754003.jpg
#31 Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut, 6040 299 excellent strength/physical phone booth skill set
http://www.maxdenver.com/images/SeniorBowl2012/kelemette_reyes.jpg
#48 Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers, 6014 211 athletic, with great hands/football instincts
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3235629/37952_South_Florida_Rutgers_Football.jpg
#63 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech, 5-10 178 ball hawk cover corner
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/980/421/104444820_display_image.jpg?1306894745
#95 Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia, 6-3 245 projected elite edge rusher, natural pass rush instincts
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/468/413/irvin_display_image.jpg?1319445484
#127 Matt McCants, OT, Alabama Birmingham, 6-5 309 Smooth athlete with elite length
http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/284157431.jpg?548

How about that draft for the Texans .

TexansSeminole
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Tampa Bay selects:

WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas

http://assets.inarkansas.com/19720/jarius-wright-vanderbilt.jpg

A playmaker. The Bucs need a quick receiver that can be a gamechanger. They signed Vincent Jackson, but still need to add playmakers.

Tampa Bay selections thus far:

1. CB Morris Claiborne, LSU
2. ILB Vontaze Burfict, Ariz St
3. RT Bobby Massie, Ole Miss
5. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas

aussie_texan
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm at work at the monent so I'll b making my pick in around 4-5 hrs time

aussie_texan
03-24-2012, 03:00 AM
The Washington Redkins select:

Will Blackwell G LSU

http://media.nola.com/lsu_impact/photo/will-blackwelljpg-c902999996fb5374.jpg

Had a good senior season in a run first team.
ANother good showing at the senior bowl and that week.
Development pick that shows good potential.
4th round grade on him and to get him here is good value

Redskins draft:
1. Jonathan Martin OT
2. Stephon Gilmore CB
3. Tommy Streeter WR
4a. Brandon Taylor S
4b. Tank Carder ILB
5. Will Blackwell G

Brandon420tx
03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Glad you guys picked a good one while I was out, but man, you guys really picked the CB prospect pool clean while I was out.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2012, 11:05 AM
The Washington Redkins select:

Will Blackwell G LSU

http://media.nola.com/lsu_impact/photo/will-blackwelljpg-c902999996fb5374.jpg

Had a good senior season in a run first team.
ANother good showing at the senior bowl and that week.
Development pick that shows good potential.
4th round grade on him and to get him here is good value

Redskins draft:
1. Jonathan Martin OT
2. Stephon Gilmore CB
3. Tommy Streeter WR
4a. Brandon Taylor S
4b. Tank Carder ILB
5. Will Blackwell G

I think Blackwell is someone the Texans might consider . He was more athletic than most thought . He was recruited as a DE . He was 1st team SEC in 2011 so he has gone against top notch talent and did well . He has a nasty streak a mile wide and this ain't your meek Texans anymore .

steelbtexan
03-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Picks have been updated for your viewing pleasure.

Next 5

5.133) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TexansSeminole - ON THE CLOCK

I noticed in rd 5 that Mista Red is picking for both the Bears and the Cardnials. Is this correct?

Brandon420tx
03-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Nope, clerical error

Dutchrudder
03-24-2012, 08:24 PM

5.138) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

5.139) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

5.140) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

Wolf6151
03-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I realize it's the weekend but over the last few days this mock has really slowed to a crawl.

aussie_texan
03-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I realize it's the weekend but over the last few days this mock has really slowed to a crawl.

well I'm done till the 7th round so you don't have to worry about some dude on the other side of the planet slowing it down.

time to sit back and enjoy the draft :barman:

steelbtexan
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Hou Tex doesn't get on the MB on weekends.

Blake
03-26-2012, 08:33 AM

I guess that is to be expected when you are in the 5th round and all the sexy names are off the board.

Blake
03-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Proxy pick for Hou-Tex (5.135) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex - )

Michael Egnew TE, Mizzou

He was very exited to see him still on the board.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs652.snc4/61263_1619922580900_1321483364_31703225_3551046_n. jpg

Señor Stan
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
OK ...let's keep this moving...group pick for Carolina...

Draft so far...

1) Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
2) Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
3) none
4) Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Blake
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM

1.9) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
2.40) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection - Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
4.105) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

http://assets.inarkansas.com/20353/greg-childs-lsu_405.jpg

Blake
03-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Proxy Pick: 5.137) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/25446-1/JenkinsAJ.jpg

beerlover
03-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Proxy Pick: 5.137) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/25446-1/JenkinsAJ.jpg

great value

Blake
03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
5.138) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 - on the clock - PMSENT

5.139) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 - PMSENT

5.140) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever - I have his list.

5.142) San Diego Chargers - Srrono - PMSENT

Señor Stan
03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Dang, my guys are dropping like flies...

Probably unrealistic to hope they would have lasted this far anyway...

Side note...

Makes me think that a lot of the value of this draft is in rounds 2-5ish...I haven't seen any real reaches in our draft yet and there are guys with real talent available...Makes me want a Texans trade down from 26.

steelbtexan
03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I would've taken Hicks DT/DE Canada for the Panthers

Childs is a great pick though, Hopefully the Texans can get him with 1 of their 4th rd picks.

If Childs wasn't injured he would have been mentioned with Floyd/Blackmon as high 1st rd picks if he hadn't been injured.

rmartin65
03-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Dangit, Egnew was my pick.

The Miami Dolphins select North Carolina DE Donte Paige-Moss

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/707/627/106891984_display_image.jpg?1297301118

It might be a little early for Paige-Moss, but I really want to land a pass rushing DE before the draft ends, and Paige-Moss could be one of the best in the draft. Has struggled with injuries and maturity, but the talent in there.

Wolf6151
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Jacksonville, Carolina, and Buffalo just gutted my board of prospective players/picks.

Moss is a very low risk high reward pick in the 5th round. Good one.

Dutchrudder
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM

1.9) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
2.40) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection - Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
4.105) Carolina Panthers - Group Selection - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

http://assets.inarkansas.com/20353/greg-childs-lsu_405.jpg

I like it. Top WR left on the board and it's a position of need. Excellent executive decision! :D

Blake
03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Start thinking about group picks for Oakland. Im just going to use my own, or a suggestion when the time comes. So get them out there.

Brandon420tx
03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Start thinking about group picks for Oakland. Im just going to use my own, or a suggestion when the time comes. So get them out there.

I'm thinking offensive line for Oakland

Dutchrudder
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking offensive line for Oakland

According to Walterfootball, here are the top 5 needs for Oakland:

Offseason Needs:

Nose Tackle: The Raiders will be moving to a 3-4 defense. What they need most is a nose tackle who can stuff the run. There will be plenty of those available in free agency.

Two Rush Linebackers: Kamerion Wimbley has been released, and Oakland already didn't have anyone capable of starting on the other side. Matt Shaughnessy doesn't project well into the 3-4.

Two Interior Linemen: Center Samson Satele is a free agent. If he's not retained, Stefen Wisniewski could slide into his spot, with Bruce Campbell taking over at left guard. In that case, the Raiders would need to bring in a guard to compete with Campbell. On the other side, Cooper Carlisle, 35 in August, isn't the player he once was. Signed Mike Brisiel; re-signed Cooper Carlisle

Two Cornerbacks: Stanford Routt has been cut. Chris Johnson probably won't be back next year. The Raiders cannot have someone like Lito Sheppard playing tons of snaps next season. Signed Ronald Bartell, Shawntae Spencer and Patrick Lee

Right Tackle: Khalif Barnes will be hitting the market in March, but that's not an issue because he stinks. The Raiders may want to bring in a veteran to compete with Joseph Barksdale for the position. Re-signed Khalif Barnes

DTs that might work for them are:
Loni Fangupo DT 6'0¾" 323 Brigham Young
Kheeston Randall DT 6'4½" 297 Texas
Akiem Hicks DT 6'4⅝" 318 Salve Regina

OLBs that might work:
Brandon Lindsey OLB 6'1⅝" 254 Pittsburgh
Danny Trevathan OLB 6'1 232 Kentucky
Darius Fleming OLB 6'1⅝" 245 Notre Dame
Demario Davis OLB 6'2" 235 Arkansas State

Just something to throw out there.

steelbtexan
03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Hicks adnd Fangupo would be steals at this point in the draft. IMHO

Blake
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Randall sounds like a Raider pick.

Blake
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
HE34s time is up. Anyone want to make the pick?

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2012, 08:43 PM
The Chiefs pick James-Michael Johnson ILB Nevada .

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/384395_2574984929323_1095316927_2939819_1993447051 _n.jpg?bb7ee4

Dutchrudder
03-26-2012, 09:51 PM
By proxy pick, Texan4Ever and the Buffalo Bills select Jaye Howard, DT from Florida!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/files/2011/08/PX00229_9.jpg

Raiders group pick is up. I vote for Fangupo, DT.

5.144) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx-

5.145) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

5.146) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

5.147) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

5.148) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

5.149) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

5.150) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 -

5.151) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

steelbtexan
03-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Fangupo

Shaft75
03-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Fangupo

3rd'd

aussie_texan
03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Fangupo

4thed

Dutchrudder
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Raiders group pick is: 5.141) Oakland Raiders - Fangupo, DT.

Chargers are on the clock!

5.144) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx-

5.145) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

5.146) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

5.147) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

5.148) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

5.149) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

5.150) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 -

5.151) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -