PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

HOU-TEX
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
The Jacksonville Jaquars 2nd pick of the NFL draft is:

Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/750/290/Junior-CB-Alfonzo-Dennard_display_image.jpg?1298616373

The Jags would've selected yet another DE had Mercilus still been sitting there. Since he was snatched up, the next 3 on the Jags board were DT Brandon Thompson, Alfonzo Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery. As their GM I had to go with the player higher on my board at a need position. Alshon Jeffery was very close to being the selection though.

Señor Stan
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank you TexansSeminole! The Browns were hoping very much that you wouldn't pick our guy. The Browns addressed two needs with the first two picks in WR and OT, this pick will address the pass rushing need on the defensive side of the ball. With the 37th pick in the 2012 TexansTalk Mock Draft Extravaganza, the Cleveland Browns select:

Whitney Mercilus, DE out of Illinois!

I was getting REALLY close to picking him for the Titans at #20...I think you got a steal in the 2nd.

Either that or I was getting ready for a colossal reach...either way...

kiwitexansfan
03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
The Jacksonville Jaquars 2nd pick of the NFL draft is:

Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/750/290/Junior-CB-Alfonzo-Dennard_display_image.jpg?1298616373

The Jags would've selected yet another DE had Mercilus still been sitting there. Since he was snatched up, the next 3 on the Jags board were DT Brandon Thompson, Alfonzo Dennard and WR Alshon Jeffery. As their GM I had to go with the player higher on my board at a need position. Alshon Jeffery was very close to being the selection though.

I think you got a real steal with this Husker. I think he'll be a much better pro than Amukumara.

Only two more Huskers to go this round.

Go Big Red!!

Blake
03-08-2012, 02:13 PM
2.39) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

2.40) Carolina Panthers - Timekiller -

2.41) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

2.42) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

2.43) Seattle Seahawks - Ndevine7 -

Wolf6151
03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Whitney Mercilus, DE out of Illinois!

http://thexlog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Optimized-WhitneyMercilus.jpg

I can't believe that dude was still available. In reality he probably goes in the top 20. Steal of the draft so far.

Dutchrudder
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I can't believe that dude was still available. In reality he probably goes in the top 20. Steal of the draft so far.

http://www.prlog.org/11310326-success-kid.jpg

If Merc wasn't there, I would have gone with Tannehill or Dennard. If Tannehill makes it to my 3rd round pick, then I will take him there for sure. I don't think he falls much further though. I'm liking this draft so far, I think Colt McCoy could have a great year with some more help around him. Will definitely target a WR and RB in late rounds.

Wolf6151
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM
What's the time limit and hours of operation in the 2nd round?

drs23
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Great job guys, keep it up. Seems to flowing a lot more smoothly compared to last year.

Will stay tuned in!

Shaft75
03-08-2012, 08:37 PM
2.39) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

2.40) Carolina Panthers - Timekiller -

2.41) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

How many of these guys are apart of the TT night shift?

aussie_texan
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
With the 39th pick the Washington Redskins select:

Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/561/676/93906059_display_image.jpg?1292201864

I battled so hard with this pick.
I ended going with Gilmore because his BPA and after Hall and Wilson the redskins have no depth at Corner Back.
Has great upside and by not being thrown in the deep end as time to develop his skills.
Inconsistent but his best film show him as a round 1 talent.

aussie_texan
03-08-2012, 10:35 PM
With the 39th pick the Washington Redskins select:

Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/561/676/93906059_display_image.jpg?1292201864

I battled so hard with this pick.
I ended going with Gilmore because his BPA and after Hall and Wilson the redskins have no depth at Corner Back.
Has great upside and by not being thrown in the deep end as time to develop his skills.
Inconsistent but his best film show him as a round 1 talent.

TimeKiller
03-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Aussie! Ah you had to have put up your pick about 2 minutes after I closed my laptop for the night!!!

Couple good players left to choose from, I can't believe Worthy is here, IDK if I would've taken Poe 1st if I had any thought one of the top DTs would drop. Hell, I really considered going double on DT but I don't have a 3rd round pick and the needs across the D are pretty hefty. Crick, Chandler Jones, all the WR I could ask for, I think all would be a good fit here but I'm going aim for some secondary help before that talents drops off and the guy I want is still available:

2- Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana
6'2'' 205 lbs. 4.5-40

Another addition of athleticism, speed and plus size to a reforming defense. Played against weaker competition but his physical attributes and natural playmaking skill will be a welcomed addition. Plays press well with long arms to jam, good feel in zone, good tackler (with size suggesting he could move to safety if need be) good hands (recruited as WR) excellent physical measurables who will likely start if not play a significant role immediately in helping my team round out it's defense to support our budding superstar Cam Newton. If these 2 picks hit things could get real scary for Panther's opponents. Newton is enough to worry about, try to keep up with his scoring show while also battling a defensive unit that just got an infusion of size, speed and skill.

Texan4Ever
03-09-2012, 09:13 AM
With the 41st pick in the 2012 NFL Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Lavonte David, LB

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/MT/MTDDUHTFMBFYWFJ.20101030233453.JPG

David gives the Bills another solid LB who can make tackles in space and rush the QB. A major upgrade of what they have right now; David will be able to step in as a rookie and make a significant impact.

steelbtexan
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
T-Killer,

I like the fact that you're a risk taker Poe/Johnson have the ability to be game changers at their resective positions. If you hit on these guys (they have the ability) the Panthers could be in the running for a wildcard spot.

What I like about Johnsons potential, is that at best you have a highend CB. At worst you should have a highend/immediate starter at S.

Good pick

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Next up: (I emailed him)

2.44) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

2.46) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

2.47) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

2.48) New England Patriots - from Oakland - Beerlover -

2.49) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

2.50) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

bah007
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I really love Johnson as a FS. I think he ends up as the best safety in this class. Excellent pick.

rmartin65
03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Recent developements have changed the direction of the Miami Dolphins mock. With the Fish considered to be front runners for Peyton Manning, the Dolphins no longer have a long term starter at the QB position (I perviously thought Flynn would be coming to Miami). The Miami Dolphins select Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1110/ncf_u_tannehill_sy_600.jpg

Tannehill is a raw prospect, but is a smart kid with a lot of talent, who should learn behind Manning for a year or two.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Just an hour ago, Ndevine7 sent me his top two:
My top two are
1) Ryan Tannehill
2)Jerel Worthy

So, thank you for PM'ing your picks. With the 43rd pick in the draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

Jerel Worthy, DT from Michigan State!

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jerel+Worthy+Michigan+State+v+Michigan+SjX6amTaF9O l.jpg

At 6'3" 305 pounds, he's sure to help anchor the 4-3 d-line for the Hawks. Couple him with their 1st round pick Melvin Ingram DE, and they are building a tough front.

Next up:

2.44) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

2.47) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not in love with this pick but he's a highly rated player at an extreme need . Without any more delay , the Chiefs of KC pick

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QDnRqv2WaXw/T0RDTvTmGOI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/_Ptjr6so4Is/s1600/zebriesanders1_display_image.jpg

TexansSeminole
03-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I never understood why Zebrie Sanders was so highly rated. He was the source of alot of my frustration last year, as he got his ass kicked far more often than it should have been. He either was playing very well or getting completely annihilated. If he can add some strength and consistency, he could be a good player.

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I never understood why Zebrie Sanders was so highly rated. He was the source of alot of my frustration last year, as he got his ass kicked far more often than it should have been. He either was playing very well or getting completely annihilated. If he can add some strength and consistency, he could be a good player.

The chiefs need a RT bad . I would have took Tannehil if he was there . The big guy from Washington was an option but there were other options .

steelbtexan
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
With the 45th pick in the TT mock draft the Dallas Cowboys select Brandon Brooks OG Miami-Ohio.

Brooks is a monster, I first noticed him at the East/West Shrine game. He was the most dominant OL in that game. Although Brooks didn't get invited to the combine, he put up some of the best numbers of any prospect int this draft at his pro day.

Brooks #'s 6'4 1/2 346 LBS. 4.98 40, BP 36, vert 32, shuttle 4.58 3 cone 7.62.

One of Dallas main weaknesses was they couldn't run the ball on 3rd and short/late in the game. Brooks helps solve that problem. With Brooks at OG and Tyron Smith at OT running the ball shouldn't be a problem anymore. Brooks reminds me of Larry Allen the way he dominates the DT across from him.

PM'ed Shaft 75

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I love Lavonte David. He will be great in that division because he is an option to compete with Gronkandez.

Are the Bills are 4-3 or 3-4, because he would be REALLY small for a 3-4 LB.

Ok, somebody pick the last of the Husker 3, and I'll be a happy kiwihuskersfan.

MistaRed
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Who do I need to PM my pick to? I have a feeling I'll be at work when it comes time for me to pick again.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Who do I need to PM my pick to? I have a feeling I'll be at work when it comes time for me to pick again.

You can send it to me and SM.

TimeKiller
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
T-Killer,

I like the fact that you're a risk taker Poe/Johnson have the ability to be game changers at their resective positions. If you hit on these guys (they have the ability) the Panthers could be in the running for a wildcard spot.

What I like about Johnsons potential, is that at best you have a highend CB. At worst you should have a highend/immediate starter at S.

Good pick

I'm of the opinion that if you're selecting top 10, you need to get a guy that has an outstanding ability, be it football or physicality. Poe has bigger/stronger/faster written ALL over him and with some real NFL level coaching (not some podunk CUSA school) he could be a wrecking ball. I know it's a reach, I know it's a splash move but I feel like it's the right move because they need DL help and I got the biggest, baddest dude there is. Most polished? No but that's what I hired coaches for.

As for Johnson, I might've waited until round 3 to get him if I had one. But I don't. He's another small school, huge upside pick but if I'm the one making the calls (and I am) then that's who I want, huge upside guys. I'll get my lunch pail workers in the lunch pail rounds.

Frankly, if the Texans picked up T Johnson I would be ecstatic. I think he would round out the secondary in a big way.

steelbtexan
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that if you're selecting top 10, you need to get a guy that has an outstanding ability, be it football or physicality. Poe has bigger/stronger/faster written ALL over him and with some real NFL level coaching (not some podunk CUSA school) he could be a wrecking ball. I know it's a reach, I know it's a splash move but I feel like it's the right move because they need DL help and I got the biggest, baddest dude there is. Most polished? No but that's what I hired coaches for.

As for Johnson, I might've waited until round 3 to get him if I had one. But I don't. He's another small school, huge upside pick but if I'm the one making the calls (and I am) then that's who I want, huge upside guys. I'll get my lunch pail workers in the lunch pail rounds.

Frankly, if the Texans picked up T Johnson I would be ecstatic. I think he would round out the secondary in a big way.

This is why I'm warming to the idea of the Texans picking Hill. (If available)

I totally agree with using picks on players with high upside. If 3 0r four high upside guys a yr work out. Then it wont be too long bfore you will have a great team. The combine/pro days are really all about getting to know the players that have the most upside Character/Coachability. This is why I now have Dwight Jones as a late rd/FA type guy. Bad combine/turned people off in interviews.

Shaft75
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
With the 46th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Harrison Smith S Notre Dame

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-sports-guru/files/2011/07/harrison-smith.jpg

I've been trying to make this pick all day. Sorry for the hold up.

It's no secret that defense is the top priority for the Eagles in the 2012 draft. I flirted with going DT to OT to even QB, however Nate Allen was pretty bad at S last year and Harrison Smith will be a huge upgrade. I think he is a bit overshadowed by Mark Barron in a pretty bad draft for safeties. He's pretty instinctive, fast and has a nose for the football(90 tackles in 2011). I'm happy with locking up the 2nd rated safety in the 2012 draft class.

srrono
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
With the 45th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Edit to 46th pick right?

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 07:39 PM
On my phone so this will be short. Kiwi sent me his top two for the Jets. (thanks kiwi!)

The Jets select OLB Vinny Curry with their pick.

Beerlover and the Patsies are on the clock?

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM
With the 46th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select:

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-sports-guru/files/2011/07/harrison-smith.jpg

I've been trying to make this pick all day. Sorry for the hold up.

It's no secret that defense is the top priority for the Eagles in the 2012 draft. I flirted with going DT to OT to even QB, however Nate Allen was pretty bad at S last year and Harrison Smith will be a huge upgrade. I think he is a bit overshadowed by Mark Barron in a pretty bad draft for safeties. He's pretty instinctive, fast and has a nose for the football(90 tackles in 2011). I'm happy with locking up the 2nd rated safety in the 2012 draft class.

He was one of the two guys I was looking at with my Jets pick.

I love his size too, big guy, great instincts, limited athlete but his smarts will put him in the right place at the right time.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Vinny Curry Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:
Speed
Ability to force fumbles
Quick get off
Agility to move around tackles
Repertoire of moves
Shedding blocks when pass rushing
Versatility to rush from either side
Athletic
Can drop into coverage
Hard worker in weight room
Durable, experienced 3-year starter

Weaknesses:
Strength at the point of attack
Ability to stop a drive block
Shedding blocks in the ground game
Did not face many elite collegiate tackles

Summary: Curry has been the most consistent pass rushers in college football over the past two seasons. This season, the redshirt senior had 77 tackles with 22 tackles for a loss, 11 sacks, three blocked kicks and seven forced fumbles. In 2010, he had 12 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss and 94 tackles. For his career, Curry totaled 26.5 sacks with 49 tackles for a loss, 10 forced fumbles and 239 tackles. Curry's production didn't fall off despite seeing extra blockers sent his direction this year.

Curry is a dangerous edge rusher who commands a lot of blocking attention. He has a great get-off when the ball is snapped with a good combination of moves to beat offensive tackles. Curry has the agility to drop his hips and shoulder to get turned to the quarterback with the speed to close in an instant. In college, Curry was a prolific pass rusher.

Curry has improved his run defense as he has added weight. There were times when going against big offensive tackles that they were able to push Curry around. While he has gotten better, he does not look like a base end who will hold his ground at the point of attack. Curry does well in run defense when he can use his speed in pursuit.

Player Comparison: Cameron Wake. Curry is a similar edge rusher to Wake. They both have speed and moves coming from the outside. Like Wake, Curry can beat linemen with speed and shed blocks with good hand work. Projecting Curry to the NFL, I see a player similar to Wake.

NFL Matches: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, Buffalo, Kansas City, San Diego, Arizona, Baltimore, Miami Curry could get consideration late in the first round, but is more likely to be a second-day pick. He would be quality value in the second round.

Curry would be a good fit in any 3-4 defense. He would be ideal complement as an edge rusher for Green Bay on the other side from Clay Matthews. Curry could be a quality understudy for the Steelers' James Harrison. For the Patriots, Bills and Chargers, Curry could make a quick impact, as all of those teams could use an upgrade for their edge rushers immediately.

LINK (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012vcurry.php)

Safety and pass rush are needs for the Jets, Curry is just plain better than the S available.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2012, 07:58 PM
With the 45th pick in the TT mock draft the Dallas Cowboys select Brandon Brooks OG Miami-Ohio.

Brooks is a monster, I first noticed him at the East/West Shrine game. He was the most dominant OL in that game. Although Brooks didn't get invited to the combine, he put up some of the best numbers of any prospect int this draft at his pro day.

Will be interested to see if you are right on Brooks. All the projections I have seen for him have him as about a 4th round guy.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 09:16 PM

2.51) Philadelphia Eagles - from Arizona - Shaft75 -

2.52) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

2.53) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

2.54) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

2.55) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf1561

Texan4Ever
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I love Lavonte David. He will be great in that division because he is an option to compete with Gronkandez.

Are the Bills are 4-3 or 3-4, because he would be REALLY small for a 3-4 LB.

Ok, somebody pick the last of the Husker 3, and I'll be a happy kiwihuskersfan.

David is a solid all-around linebacker that projects better in a 4-3 system than a 3-4. Since the Bills hired Dave Wannstedt as their DC, I'm assuming that the Bills are going for a 4-3 defense. This is the reason I chose him (and I expect Upshaw to play DE but switching to rush linebacker at times depending on the situation).

steelbtexan
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Will be interested to see if you are right on Brooks. All the projections I have seen for him have him as about a 4th round guy.

Yeah, I do my homework and watch/read about the different prospects.

But after watching Brooks dominate in the East/West game then, test out with numbers that would've at the top of the list at the combine. I decided to trust my eyes/instinct and pick a guy that should be a 10 yr starter and provide immediate help.

The Larry Allen comparison is valid. Both were huge fast guys that were strong as bulls. They both went to small colleges and were picked in the 2nd rd. Although the projections were for Allen to be a late rd sleeper just like Brooks is this yr.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Just wanted to update you all on one of the new Browns:

Justin Blackmon widely was criticized when he chose not to run the 40-yard dash during the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis because of a hamstring injury.

Blackmon’s decision placed more importance on Oklahoma State’s pro day, and he certainly did not disappoint scouts when he ran Friday.

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock reported Blackmon ran unofficial times of 4.48 and 4.49 seconds at his pro day, putting to rest any concern that he’d post a slow time in the 40. Blackmon is Mayock’s top-ranked wideout in April’s draft.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch later reported, via Twitter, that Blackmon’s official 40 time was 4.46.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/09/blackmon-posts-sub-4-50-40s-at-oklahoma-state-pro-day/?module=HP11_headline_stack

:trophy:

beerlover
03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Mohamed Sanu, WR Rutgers, 6-2 211 big hands 10 1/4" & long arms 33 1/2". More explosive in & out of breaks, quick rather than fast. Very good athlete with RB experience. Bellibeer addressing need, Brady needs a true #1 & he represents excellent value middle of 2nd rd. One of the strongest most developed WR's in this 2012 draft which should aid in his adjustment to the NFL physical toll in typically long Patriot season.

srrono
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM
With the 49th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the San Deigo Chargers Select:

ALSHON JEFFERY WR, South Carolina

Got me reaching a bit thanks NE I have been eye balling Sanu for 5 picks. lol

steelbtexan
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to update you all on one of the new Browns:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/09/blackmon-posts-sub-4-50-40s-at-oklahoma-state-pro-day/?module=HP11_headline_stack

:trophy:

Suprisingly fast for Blackmon.

His game speed and ability to make cuts along with strength all add up to Blackmon being a great player for yrs to come.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
MistaRed used a phone-a-friend for this pick and sent me his top 3 earlier today. Thanks for doing that MistaRed! Moving right along, the Chicago Bears enlist some more offensive help by using the 50th pick in the TexansTalk 2012 Mock Draft Extravaganza to select...

Orson Charles TE, Georgia

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/oCc5_bT8bFonb1GWcPEP6w--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NyPTA7ZHg9MDtkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcA--/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/nfp/51/fullj.ba5f79a6d76ae1cb019c69b581efc562/20120216_georgia_te_orson_char0.jpg

Not sure if this would change MistaRed's mind, but check out this scouting report posted today:

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) – Former Georgia tight end Orson Charles is out of jail following an arrest on a drunken driving charge.

Athens-Clarke County police spokeswoman Hilda Sorrow says Charles was arrested at 3 a.m. Friday after he was stopped while driving in Athens. Sorrow says Charles failed parts of a field sobriety test and his blood alcohol level was .095, above the state's legal limit of .08.

Athens-Clarke County jail records show he was released on $1,750 bond.

Charles had 45 catches as a junior last season. He left Georgia to enter the NFL draft and has been projected to go high as the second round.

It was not immediately clear whether Charles had an attorney. He did not have a phone listing.

A passenger in the car with Charles was not identified.
:D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-09/orson-charles-dui-georgia/53437190/1

Shaft75 and the Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock!

2.51) Philadelphia Eagles - from Arizona - Shaft75 -

2.52) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

2.53) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

2.55) Atlanta Falcons - OPEN -

2.56) Pittsburgh Steelers - Stingray -

2.57) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

2.58) Houston Texans - Bah007 -

2.59) New Orleans Saints - RT22 -

2.60) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

2.61) Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan -

2.62) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

2.63) New England Patriots - beerlover -

2.64) New York Giants - KMG 365 -

Doppelganger
03-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Now I am getting nervous. I have 15 selections until my next pick and I have a group of 8 at the top of my board. I am really hoping one of them is available when I pick. Help me out yall...don't draft them!!!

Brandon420tx
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Lets see what Shaft does with my precious 2nd round pick

Shaft75
03-09-2012, 11:53 PM
LOL, I'm prank calling draftees right now and saying this is Shaft75 with the Eagles and we didn't want you on our dream team biyatch!

Wolf6151
03-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Super Mario, can you update the results page please. Thanks.

Shaft75
03-10-2012, 12:20 AM
With the 51st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State

http://stlouissports360.com/files/2011/09/Brock-Osweiler.jpg

Might as well swing for the fences when drafting for a potential starting QB. This kid has surprisingly good mobility, can see over any defense and can make all the throws with accuracy. He has great accuracy on short throws, which is a must for Philly's offense. I know his Pro Day hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure he'll be on other team's radars after a strong showing. He'll be our 3rd team QB for now, but it shouldn't take him long to supplant Edwards for the #2 spot. Good insurance for when Vick assuredly gets knocked out for the season.

Oh and BTW he's only like 6'8". We plan to use him deep on hail mary passes too.

beerlover
03-10-2012, 12:35 AM
With the 51st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State

http://stlouissports360.com/files/2011/09/Brock-Osweiler.jpg

Might as well swing for the fences when drafting for a potential starting QB. This kid has surprisingly good mobility, can see over any defense and can make all the throws with accuracy. He has great accuracy on short throws, which is a must for Philly's offense. I know his Pro Day hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure he'll be on other team's radars after a strong showing. He'll be our 3rd team QB for now, but it shouldn't take him long to supplant Edwards for the #2 spot. Good insurance for when Vick assuredly gets knocked out for the season.

I like this pick. Like him better than Tannehill & will tell you why, he is more scheme diverse where as Tannehill is scheme specific.

aussie_texan
03-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Now I am getting nervous. I have 15 selections until my next pick and I have a group of 8 at the top of my board. I am really hoping one of them is available when I pick. Help me out yall...don't draft them!!!

you could list your draft board :kitten:

Señor Stan
03-10-2012, 07:07 AM
The Titans select Jared Crick DE Nebraska...just to satiate KiwiHusker...

Matthews and Munchak are not pleased as they wanted a big ugly OL at this spot.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/919/630/JaredCrick_display_image.jpg?1304654393

KT is up with the Bengals...PM sent

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2012, 08:42 AM
With the 53rd pick the Bengals take RB, David Wilson, Virginia Tech

I believe he is going to be a terrific back - balance, vision, patient, quick to the hole, good hands

My concerns are his fumbles and pass pro, which is why I felt he would drop to the 2nd.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/10/26/Sports/Images/Boston_College_Virginia_Tech_Football_00810.jpg?uu id=FmMMnP_iEeC7jJvRmBNcrw

sorry guys, had a late night last night

nytexan
03-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Trumaine went at #40 to Carolina....

Who is next on your board?

He sure did, hopefully Super Mario can update the draft so this doesn't happen again. Sorry Kaiser you gotta pick again.

nytexan
03-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I like this pick. Like him better than Tannehill & will tell you why, he is more scheme diverse where as Tannehill is scheme specific.

Except that Tannehill will never last this long, whether his talent deserves to be 1st round is another question but he'll be long gone by now.

JCTexan
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
He sure did, hopefully Super Mario can update the draft so this doesn't happen again. Sorry Kaiser you gotta pick again.

If it's not updated in the other thread all you have to do is go to "Search This Thread" to find out if your guy has been selected. Typing "Trumaine Johnson" would have sent you to this post:

Aussie! Ah you had to have put up your pick about 2 minutes after I closed my laptop for the night!!!

Couple good players left to choose from, I can't believe Worthy is here, IDK if I would've taken Poe 1st if I had any thought one of the top DTs would drop. Hell, I really considered going double on DT but I don't have a 3rd round pick and the needs across the D are pretty hefty. Crick, Chandler Jones, all the WR I could ask for, I think all would be a good fit here but I'm going aim for some secondary help before that talents drops off and the guy I want is still available:

2- Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS, Montana
6'2'' 205 lbs. 4.5-40

Another addition of athleticism, speed and plus size to a reforming defense. Played against weaker competition but his physical attributes and natural playmaking skill will be a welcomed addition. Plays press well with long arms to jam, good feel in zone, good tackler (with size suggesting he could move to safety if need be) good hands (recruited as WR) excellent physical measurables who will likely start if not play a significant role immediately in helping my team round out it's defense to support our budding superstar Cam Newton. If these 2 picks hit things could get real scary for Panther's opponents. Newton is enough to worry about, try to keep up with his scoring show while also battling a defensive unit that just got an infusion of size, speed and skill.

Dutchrudder
03-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Kaiser is a mod, he could probably update the other thread if he wanted to....

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Kaiser is a mod, he could probably update the other thread if he wanted to....

Just did. Super Mario is on the clock.:mariopalm:

TexCanada
03-10-2012, 11:41 AM
This mock is flying this year, great job by everyone. I really enjoy reading everyone's opinions on the players.

nytexan
03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
If it's not updated in the other thread all you have to do is go to "Search This Thread" to find out if your guy has been selected. Typing "Trumaine Johnson" would have sent you to this post:

Thanks for the tip!!!! Actually Kaiser apparently beat me to the punch anyway.

TexansSeminole
03-10-2012, 11:57 AM
The Crick pick to Tennessee is a great pick. Good value, fits extremely well with that team.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2012, 12:14 PM
The Titans select Jared Crick DE Nebraska...just to satiate KiwiHusker...

Matthews and Munchak are not pleased as they wanted a big ugly OL at this spot.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/919/630/JaredCrick_display_image.jpg?1304654393

KT is up with the Bengals...PM sent

Thanks Stan!

Crick will be a good pro for a long time.

I'd love to see the Texans draft him to play the 3-4 end.

Brandon420tx
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I want to make my pick so bad

Dutchrudder
03-10-2012, 10:34 PM

2.55) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151

2.56) Pittsburgh Steelers - Stingray -

Wolf6151
03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
I want to make my pick so bad

Me to and I'm next after Super Mario. Atlanta didn't have a 1st round pick so this will be my 1st player. I've got 2 good picks so no matter what Super Mario does I'll get one of them.

srrono
03-11-2012, 05:08 PM
wow pace really stopped.

WolverineFan
03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Mario doesn't get on during the weekends so yea it stopped. Draft will pick up again tomorrow hopefully, the pace for the 2nd round was much quicker than I expected.

nytexan
03-11-2012, 05:28 PM
wow pace really stopped.

Yes a 2 day rain filled weekend and we get 8 picks in because 1 of the folks in charge (??????) of running this thing disappears. I guess he didn't know he could have pm'd someone with a group of possibility picks and the rest of us could have been rolling along right now. Very disappointing.

p.s.... I take that all back if he or a family member died.

rmartin65
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Calm down guys... I believe we usually have the rule that the clock stops on weekends. People go out of town, dont have access to a computer, etc. Not a big deal, this mock has flown by thus far.

badboy
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Calm down guys... I believe we usually have the rule that the clock stops on weekends. People go out of town, dont have access to a computer, etc. Not a big deal, this mock has flown by thus far.How dare you! I have no other life than this MB. My life is so sad can you pass me a tissue 65? :tiphat:

TexansSeminole
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Yea, not a big deal. We should always expect the mock to slow atleast somewhat during the weekends. It always has. Usually we would still be in the first round or just getting done with it at this point.

steelbtexan
03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
It's the rules.

No complaining

beerlover
03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Patriot Nation recap to date:

Twenty Seven - Nick Perry, DE/OLB

http://thexlog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Optimized-Nick-Perry.jpg

Thirty One - Kendall Reyes, DE/DT

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0228/ncf_a_reyes_bl_400.jpg

Forty Eight - Mohamed Sanu, WR

http://mattwaldmanrsp.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/mohamed-sanu-by-west-point-public-affairs1.jpg

steelbtexan
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
So far so good BL.

This and signing Brandon Loyd in FA would make the Pats hard to beat.

Looking forward to the rest of your draft.

beerlover
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
So far so good BL.

If Sanu is still available pick #48 what would you think about Texans trading out of the first & taking best WR available?

Shaft75
03-11-2012, 08:28 PM
http://thexlog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Optimized-Nick-Perry.jpg

One reason we can't draft Perry... Something crazy is always going on with our 8's.

And btw, who in the hell picks #8 as a defensive end?

WolverineFan
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
So far so good BL.

A Pats offense of Lloyd, Welker, and Sanu at WR and Gronk and Hernandez at TE would be sick.

steelbtexan
03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
If Sanu is still available pick #48 what would you think about Texans trading out of the first & taking best WR available?

Trading out of the 1st rd would be the way to go if you were dead set on taking a WR. I haven't watched alot of Sanu. But I really like Marvin Jones in the 2nd. Gary talked to him at the Sr Bowl.

I kind of hope they go OL or CB in the 1st and WR in the 2nd.

beerlover
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Trading out of the 1st rd would be the way to go if you were dead set on taking a WR. I haven't watched alot of Sanu. But I really like Marvin Jones in the 2nd. Gary talked to him at the Sr Bowl.

I kind of hope they go OL or CB in the 1st and WR in the 2nd.

Without Mario?

steelbtexan
03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
A Pats offense of Lloyd, Welker, and Sanu at WR and Gronk and Hernandez at TE would be sick.

Yes it would,

This is why I hope the Texans invest a high pick in a CB this yr. If you aren't getting better you're getting worse.

I hope the Texans org doesn't fall into the trap that they fell into after their 9-7 2009 season and do their homework on the draft and FA.

Blake
03-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Lions select Josh Robinson, CB/KR, Central Florida

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/4714410/68799_UCF_Southern_Miss_Football.jpg

Brandon420tx
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
If the Cardinals somehow sign Manning, they will not select Floyd in the first round, mostly because Reggie Wayne be going to Zona too, maybe Clark as well, but the Cards like their TE's.

I still don't think they get Manning though. Not with their cap situation, and if they do then it's entirely possible for the Texans to sign everyone of interest back to the team (Myers, Williams, Brisiel)

WolverineFan
03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
If the Cardinals somehow sign Manning, they will not select Floyd in the first round, mostly because Reggie Wayne be going to Zona too, maybe Clark as well, but the Cards like their TE's.

I still don't think they get Manning though. Not with their cap situation, and if they do then it's entirely possible for the Texans to sign everyone of interest back to the team (Myers, Williams, Brisiel)

How does Arizona signing Manning help us sign our FA's?

It looks like Myers will test the market and get a bigger offer than what we want to offer. We might match it, but we might not.

If Mario gets to the market without a deal he's likely gone because we can't match the offers Seattle and other teams will throw at him. He's said that money isn't his biggest concern, but some team is going to throw $90 mil at him.

Brisiel is on the back burner right now and probably won't get much interest on the open market. We probably re-sign him in time.

Brandon420tx
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
It doesn't, but Arizona is supposed to be in the worst cap situation out of the entire league, They're rumored to be extremely over the cap which means they can't sign Manning without clearing a crap ton.

I overstated that if they could sign Manning and fit him in the cap we should be able to sign Myers and Brisiel (Mario is still iffy to me). It also means we could theoretically sign Mario too, at the cost of many players getting cut, which I don't want, but its possible

Rey
03-12-2012, 10:31 AM
OMG...please not in here guys...

This is like the only safe haven from the "Mario to walk or not to walk" talk...

WolverineFan
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
It doesn't, but Arizona is supposed to be in the worst cap situation out of the entire league, They're rumored to be extremely over the cap which means they can't sign Manning without clearing a crap ton.

I overstated that if they could sign Manning and fit him in the cap we should be able to sign Myers and Brisiel (Mario is still iffy to me). It also means we could theoretically sign Mario too, at the cost of many players getting cut, which I don't want, but its possible

They are in a bad cap situation but they can rectify that easily by cutting their LT Levi Brown. That move alone would clear up $16.5 mil. They've been trying to get him to restructure but he won't so they will likely cut him.

I see the correlation there, but the Texans don't have one guy they can cut that will free up that kind of money. Arizona is just avoiding it right now because they're trying to get a new deal done before the deadline. I expect them to cut him soon, along with a few other overpaid vets, and they will go hard after Manning and Wayne.

Wolf6151
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Sorry guys I just woke up, night shift worker here.

With the 55th pick in the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft and the Atlanta Falcons 1st pick of the draft, we select Brandon Washington-OG/OT from Miami.

PM sent to Stingray.

stingray
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I had sent Dutchrudder my pick since I was gonna be out of town. But I still haven't left yet. In the seond round the Steelers select.

Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State

Blake
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I had sent Dutchrudder my pick since I was gonna be out of town. But I still haven't left yet. In the seond round the Steelers select.

Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State

2.34) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger - Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State

JCTexan
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
2.34) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger - Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State

Guess I have to wait to make my pick.

Señor Stan
03-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Guess I have to wait to make my pick.

Guessing Dutchrudder should make the Steelers pick made off of Stingray's list...

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey guys, Stingray sent me his picks (thanks Stingray!). #2 for the Steelers is:

Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
Height: 6-3
Weight: 320

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLbxinHK2I19Z8zzBDhPvZL2RX6A9aJ FIU4FORS9WPAfNwQxmJjiWg3nmm

PM'd JCT

JCTexan
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
With the 57th pick the Denver Broncos select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/UIo3nEm56.jpg

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Scouting Report:
Balanced athlete with dynamic start/stop ability and smooth change-of-direction skills to stay patient before bursting upfield. Has very good vision and cutback ability, doing a nice job finding the running lanes. Follows his blocks and stays patient behind the line of scrimmage. Accelerates and gets to top speed quickly when he sees daylight. Has nimble feet to make defenders miss and shows an extra gear to run away from them as well. Very good at forcing defenders to take poor angles with his lateral quickness and natural burst. Fast through the hole and a home run threat. Looks most comfortable on the outside and in space.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
With the 57th pick the Denver Broncos select...

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Scouting Report:
Balanced athlete with dynamic start/stop ability and smooth change-of-direction skills to stay patient before bursting upfield. Has very good vision and cutback ability, doing a nice job finding the running lanes. Follows his blocks and stays patient behind the line of scrimmage. Accelerates and gets to top speed quickly when he sees daylight. Has nimble feet to make defenders miss and shows an extra gear to run away from them as well. Very good at forcing defenders to take poor angles with his lateral quickness and natural burst. Fast through the hole and a home run threat. Looks most comfortable on the outside and in space.

Damn, I was hoping he would fall to my next pick... :(

Great value here though, and fills a need.

Blake
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Lets see what bah does here. Alameda Ta'amu is still available. Just sayin.

kiwitexansfan
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Could do worse than that guy.

Although, bah does like to do his own thing :kitten:

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I say we setup another vote for the fun of it. Who are the top 5-7 players people would vote for in the Texans spot? (not taking anything away from Bah007's selection)

So far I got:

Alameda Ta'amu NT 6'2½" 341 Washington
Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma
Brandon Boykin CB 5'9¼" 183 Georgia
Dwayne Allen TE 6'4½" 255 Clemson
Brandon Thompson DT 6'2" 311 Clemson (for 3-4 DE spot)
Mike Martin NT 6'1 306 Michigan
Isaiah Pead RB 5'9⅞" 193 Cincinnati
Shea McLellin OLB 6'3 260 Boise State
Ben Jones C 6'2⅝" 303 Georgia

rmartin65
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I say we setup another vote for the fun of it. Who are the top 5-7 players people would vote for in the Texans spot? (not taking anything away from Bah007's selection)

So far we got:

I know it is a man crush, but Mike Martin (NT, Michigan) has to be in the discussion. I like him better than Ta'amu. I really like Lewis though.

Rey
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Add Pead or Doug Martin, and Ben Jones (C, Georgia) to the list...

Blake
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Following our blue-prints, we are going to take another white DE in round 2.

Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Add Pead or Doug Martin, and Ben Jones (C, Georgia) to the list...

No offense, but I think it is at least a round too early for Pead and also the RB position. Plus, I believe there is a much better RB on the board still.

Rey
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Based on how smoothly this draft has gone I think we'd have been ok allowing a few trades...

I think if we do another one we should at least allow the Texans to trade.

Rey
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
No offense, but I think it is at least a round too early for Pead and also the RB position. Plus, I believe there is a much better RB on the board still.

What running backs left on the board are "much better" than Pead or Doug Martin?

I am not saying that the Texans have to take RB here, but you asked for suggestions and since a poll can include 10 options I figured I throw in a couple of guys that can be returners/RB's.

If you didn't really want open suggestions you should have given your criteria and then I would have known not to suggest a RB....

:rake:

Just yankin your chain a bit main...It's all good...

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
It's cool. Anyone have any problems with this list? Guys who don't fit the scheme, or would crazy to take here?

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM

This would be my pick.

Texan4Ever
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
It's cool. Anyone have any problems with this list? Guys who don't fit the scheme, or would crazy to take here?

Can Thompson not play NT? I know teams use guys that are 6'2" for the 3-4 DE spot but, if he were to gain some weight he could play the NT spot IMO.

JCTexan
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM

I would simply be amazed if Houston selects a RB this early in the draft.

rmartin65
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Looks like a good list to me.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Can Thompson not play NT? I know teams use guys that are 6'2" for the 3-4 DE spot but, if he were to gain some weight he could play the NT spot IMO.

I suppose he could play either one, I just figured if NT was the pick, then T'amau would be the guy. Plus Thompson here would be a great value. I have him as a high second round pick.

Wolf6151
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM

If Brandon Thompson is still available at this point the Texans should run for the podium with his name. He'd be great NT in our system. I've got Thompson as a low first high 2nd round pick so he's great value here.

nytexan
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Jeff Allen OG-OT out of Illinois also is still on the board.

WolverineFan
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I suppose he could play either one, I just figured if NT was the pick, then T'amau would be the guy. Plus Thompson here would be a great value. I have him as a high second round pick.

Thompson is definitely a NT in Wade's scheme. T'amau is overrated because of his size. If its between the two for the Texans, Thompson should be a no-brainer.

Blake
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes a 2 day rain filled weekend and we get 8 picks in because 1 of the folks in charge (??????) of running this thing disappears. I guess he didn't know he could have pm'd someone with a group of possibility picks and the rest of us could have been rolling along right now. Very disappointing.

p.s.... I take that all back if he or a family member died.

Probably should have just let this post die, but I was away from a computer Friday-Sunday and the last player I saw taken was Dennard. You mad I didnt PM someone my top 16?

Señor Stan
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM

If the Texans don't re-sign Mario, I would like to see them pick up McLellin. Add another guy to the Texan's "Cracker Sacks" defense.

bah007
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
The Houston Texans select...

Brandon Thompson - NT, Clemson

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Brandon-Thompson.jpg

Thompson is an excellent fit as a one-gap penetrator at tackle. He is the NT I have had my eye on as the best fit for our team. I honestly did not expect him to be on the board at this point. Wade has a history of building his scheme around his players instead of forcing them into a designated system.

With this in mind, I chose Thompson over Ta'amu. He is less of a true NT, but he is easily a more talented player. Wade can definitely use him in the middle. This addition also allows Mitchell to move over to DE, where I believe he is a more natural fit.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Good pick. Glad to hear he fits the Texans' system.

Next up is the Saints' first pick. PM'd RT22

Honoring Earl 34
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Thompson is an excellent fit as a one-gap penetrator at tackle. He is the NT I have had my eye on as the best fit for our team. I honestly did not expect him to be on the board at this point. Wade has a history of building his scheme around his players instead of forcing them into a designated system.

With this in mind, I chose Thompson over Ta'amu. He is less of a true NT, but he is easily a more talented player. Wade can definitely use him in the middle. This addition also allows Mitchell to move over to DE, where I believe he is a more natural fit.

Booo ... I wanted the Clemson guy . :pop:

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM

So far I got:

Off this list give me

1. Boykin
2. Ta'amu
3. McClellin
4. Lewis
5. Thompson- good pick

RT22
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
With the 59th pick the New Orleans Saints select Marvin Jones WR University of California 6'-2" 199 lbs.

Doppelganger
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
The DoppelColts are 6 picks away!!! Exciting!!!

nytexan
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
The Green Bay Packers needing a 2nd RB to round out their offensive juggernaut selects with the 60th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft

RB Doug Martin-Boise State
Height: 5’9 Weight: 219 lbs.
Strengths:Bowling ball style runner, who has a thick lower half and allows himself to bounce off of defenders in a pinball manner…he has a surprising burst…shows good acceleration through the hole…plays with a great balance and run through arm tackles…defenders must wrap him up in order to take him to the turf…has good agility that allows him to have suddenness laterally…really drives his legs through contact, routinely falling forward for an extra yard or two…does a good job running behind his pads and will get low heading into contact in an effort to run over the defender…gets skinny through the hole.

Brandon420tx
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Damn, he's going to be a beast on that team

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
With the 59th pick the New Orleans Saints select Marvin Jones WR University of California 6'-2" 199 lbs.

Hope this guy ends up on the Texans.

rmartin65
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Probably should have just let this post die, but I was away from a computer Friday-Sunday and the last player I saw taken was Dennard. You mad I didnt PM someone my top 16?

Hot damn, I am only 13 picks away. I best send you my top 15.

RT22
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Me too!

WolverineFan
03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
With the 61st pick the Baltimore Ravens select...

Ronnell Lewis - OLB, Oklahoma

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ronnell-Lewis.jpg

Lewis is a very intriguing prospect because he is an all-around player at LB. What I mean by that is that he can rush the passer, play the run, and has versatility across the formation. He is not an elite pass rusher, but the Ravens aren't looking for that in the LB they line up across from Terrell Suggs (see Jarrett Johnson). He must have the versatility to rush the passer as well as be stout against the run and Lewis can do this. He will also fit into the Ravens hybrid 3-4/4-3 system.

OLB may not seem like a huge need for Baltimore because of all the talent the Ravens have stockpiled on the roster, but the situation is actually pretty dire. You have Terrell Suggs, who is an absolute beast, but the other starter, Jarrett Johnson, is a Free Agent and is unlikely to return. On the bench you have Paul Kruger, Sergio Kindle, and Michael McAdoo. Kruger is an excellent pass rusher, but is not a three-down LB. Kindle has yet to see meaningful playing time off the bench and may not ever get on the field. McAdoo has a world of potential but is extremely raw. He could possibly be groomed as Suggs successor.

I see Lewis contributing on defense as a rookie at OLB. He would likely start at OLB in the 4-3 setup and would platoon with Kruger at the OLB spot across from Suggs in the 3-4. I say platoon because Kruger is a great pass rusher but is not good in coverage so you can run Lewis in there. Lewis is also excellent on special teams and would contribute on the unit as a rookie. If Kruger proves himself as a capable every down OLB then Lewis could move inside to ILB in the 3-4 since Baltimore has a need there as well.

rmartin65
03-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Damn it! Nice pick.

Rey
03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
With the 62nd pick the San Fran 49ers select:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4511464210891286&id=a1eb20418252383a8e4add5755fcbf42&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fa.espncdn.com%2fphoto%2f2011%2f10 23%2fnr_brandonboykin_ms_200.jpg

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

Boykin is small, but talented, has return skills, tough, and has plenty of heart. I think he is good value with this pick.

49ers lovin' the state of Georgia after taking Stephen Hill and Brandon Boykin with their first two picks.

Brandon420tx
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Scratch 2 off my list.

Was hoping Ronnel would quietly slip to the middle of the third. Knew it only stood an ice cubes chance in hell, But still

TimeKiller
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I think I would've gone for McClellin but Thompson is a decent pick.

Sigh....waiting on that 4th round....got my top 42 to PM in case things really pick up overnight....

beerlover
03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Patriots select, Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech 5-10 178.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Bruce+Taylor+Jayron+Hosley+Virginia+Tech+v+kT4FTt2 lTLEl.jpg
Excellent quickness & ball skills reminding some Patriot fans of Asante Samuel. Fantastic change of direction skills, can also contribute as returner in kicking game. Bellibeer almost selected him early in the 2nd but deceided to roll the dice & got our man anyway :kingkong:

Brandon420tx
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Someone had to have switched places with Belichek this draft

Dutchrudder
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Round 3

3.65) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger -

3.66) St. Louis Rams - pbat488 -

3.67) Minnesota Vikings - Section516 -

3.68) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder -

3.69) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TexansSeminole -

3.70) Washington Redskins - Aussie Texan -

3.71) Jacksonville Jaguars - Hou-Tex -

3.72) Buffalo Bills - Texan4Ever -

3.73) Miami Dolphins - RMartin65 -

3.74) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

3.75) Kansas City Chiefs - Honoring Earl 34 -

Wolf6151
03-12-2012, 09:06 PM

I'm with Steelbtexan on this one, I hope he winds up on the Texans as well. Very underrated WR. Excellent pick.

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
With the 61st pick the Baltimore Ravens select...

Ronnell Lewis - OLB, Oklahoma

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ronnell-Lewis.jpg

Lewis is a very intriguing prospect because he is an all-around player at LB. What I mean by that is that he can rush the passer, play the run, and has versatility across the formation. He is not an elite pass rusher, but the Ravens aren't looking for that in the LB they line up across from Terrell Suggs (see Jarrett Johnson). He must have the versatility to rush the passer as well as be stout against the run and Lewis can do this. He will also fit into the Ravens hybrid 3-4/4-3 system.

OLB may not seem like a huge need for Baltimore because of all the talent the Ravens have stockpiled on the roster, but the situation is actually pretty dire. You have Terrell Suggs, who is an absolute beast, but the other starter, Jarrett Johnson, is a Free Agent and is unlikely to return. On the bench you have Paul Kruger, Sergio Kindle, and Michael McAdoo. Kruger is an excellent pass rusher, but is not a three-down LB. Kindle has yet to see meaningful playing time off the bench and may not ever get on the field. McAdoo has a world of potential but is extremely raw. He could possibly be groomed as Suggs successor.

I see Lewis contributing on defense as a rookie at OLB. He would likely start at OLB in the 4-3 setup and would platoon with Kruger at the OLB spot across from Suggs in the 3-4. I say platoon because Kruger is a great pass rusher but is not good in coverage so you can run Lewis in there. Lewis is also excellent on special teams and would contribute on the unit as a rookie. If Kruger proves himself as a capable every down OLB then Lewis could move inside to ILB in the 3-4 since Baltimore has a need there as well.

Lewis reminds me of Lamar Woodley.

He's kind of a tweener but will be a very productive pro for 10 yrs.

steelbtexan
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Patriots select, Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech 5-10 178.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Bruce+Taylor+Jayron+Hosley+Virginia+Tech+v+kT4FTt2 lTLEl.jpg
Excellent quickness & ball skills reminding some Patriot fans of Asante Samuel. Fantastic change of direction skills, can also contribute as returner in kicking game. Bellibeer almost selected him early in the 2nd but deceided to roll the dice & got our man anyway :kingkong:

BL,

Great draft so far. The Pats can only hope their draft goes this well.

Wolf6151
03-12-2012, 09:10 PM

This was an excellent pick and I agree with everything you said. The move of Mitchell to DE depth kills 2 birds with one stone and frees up a pick for later. Again excellent pick.

Shaft75
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Just checked back in on the mock draft. What RT did the Texans take???

WolverineFan
03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Lewis reminds me of Lamar Woodley.

He's kind of a tweener but will be a very productive pro for 10 yrs.

Woodley was a much better pass rusher coming out though. Lewis has some things to work on, hence why he's a 2nd round pick and not a 1st.

kiwitexansfan
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm with Steelbtexan on this one, I hope he winds up on the Texans as well. Very underrated WR. Excellent pick.

I'm developing a bit of a crush on a WR that will remain unnamed just in case he falls to the Jets in the 3rd or dare I say the 4th.

KMG 365
03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
With the 64th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select...

Mychal Kendricks, LB, California

This selection shores up the inside linebacker position for the Giants. With both Michael Vick and RG3 in the division, the Giants will need an athletic linebacker to chase them around. Kendricks will fit the bill.

Section516
03-12-2012, 11:43 PM
With the 64th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants select...

Mychal Kendricks, LB, California

This selection shores up the inside linebacker position for the Giants. With both Michael Vick and RG3 in the division, the Giants will need an athletic linebacker to chase them around. Kendricks will fit the bill.

But RGIII is on the vikings ;P

TexansSeminole
03-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Round 3 starts now:

3.65) Indianapolis Colts - Doppelganger -

Dopp on the clock

Wolf6151
03-13-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm developing a bit of a crush on a WR that will remain unnamed just in case he falls to the Jets in the 3rd or dare I say the 4th.

There's still lots of good WR talent left in this draft, in fact I'd like to see Bah007 and the Texans take another in the 3rd round.

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Sorry for the delay, but I had trouble accessing the site earlier this morning. I will be making my selection in the next few minutes.

beerlover
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
There's still lots of good WR talent left in this draft, in fact I'd like to see Bah007 and the Texans take another in the 3rd round.

like CB position WR is loaded with potential making some intriguing talent available 2nd thru 4th rds.

MistaRed
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Why am I picking for the Arizona Cardinals in the later rounds?

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
The DoppelColts are a franchise at a crossroads. We have ridden the Peyton Manning express as far as we could and now its time to start anew. With our first pick we picked an outstanding young man who we think can be our franchise QB going forward. With our second pick, we opted to take a versatile lineman with the ability to play OT or OG.

Our third round selection has been a real tough decision. There are so many really good players available that it was not a matter of picking a good player, it was picking the right player for the squad. With that in mind, we once again went BPA and we believe have come up with a winner.

We found a young man who is athletic and plays his position well. He is a high motor, high character guy who works hard and strives to get better every practice. At 6'3, 311lbs, he moves with speed and agility. He was a force to be reckoned with as he kept his QB clean and created massive holes in the run game. He has the versatility to play 3 OL positions. When all eyes were on him in his bowl game, he did not shirk and completely neutralized a certain well talked about DT from Washington.

So, without further ado, the DoppelColts are proud to present to you our third selection of the 2012 Texans Mock Draft: Mr. Phillip Blake!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/784/309/Blake_display_image.jpeg?1326222427

DoppelColts 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft Selections
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State
3. Phillip Blake, OC/OG, Baylor

Brandon420tx
03-13-2012, 10:40 AM

You most definately are not. Someone made a copy/pasting/clerical error

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM

bah007
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Kendricks is going to be a stud at the next level. Great pick.

Rock N Randy
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Kendricks is going to be a stud at the next level. Great pick.

If Kendrick's was 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier dude would be a 1st round pick.

I hope he goes to a Tampa 2 team. He will best fit in a Tampa 2.

Tampa bay and Indianapolis will be looking for his services

Brandon420tx
03-13-2012, 11:14 AM
While it's all well and good to continue to build OL for the Andrew Luck, I never like starting 2 rookies on offensive lines, add in a rookie QB (even one as talented as Luck) and it could be a recipe for disaster. Luck is going to need people to throw to as well as someone to carry the rock for him

Blake
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM

You most definately are not. Someone made a copy/pasting/clerical error

Yeah it was strictly a placeholder. I went ahead and corrected all 7 rounds, teams, names, draft numbers. Everything should be in its order.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90043

I used walterfootball.com as my draft order source. So if you have a problem, take it up with them.

steelbtexan
03-13-2012, 11:34 AM
The DoppelColts are a franchise at a crossroads. We have ridden the Peyton Manning express as far as we could and now its time to start anew. With our first pick we picked an outstanding young man who we think can be our franchise QB going forward. With our second pick, we opted to take a versatile lineman with the ability to play OT or OG.

Our third round selection has been a real tough decision. There are so many really good players available that it was not a matter of picking a good player, it was picking the right player for the squad. With that in mind, we once again went BPA and we believe have come up with a winner.

We found a young man who is athletic and plays his position well. He is a high motor, high character guy who works hard and strives to get better every practice. At 6'3, 311lbs, he moves with speed and agility. He was a force to be reckoned with as he kept his QB clean and created massive holes in the run game. He has the versatility to play 3 OL positions. When all eyes were on him in his bowl game, he did not shirk and completely neutralized a certain well talked about DT from Washington.

So, without further ado, the DoppelColts are proud to present to you our third selection of the 2012 Texans Mock Draft: Mr. Phillip Blake!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/784/309/Blake_display_image.jpeg?1326222427

DoppelColts 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft Selections
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State
3. Phillip Blake, OC/OG, Baylor

Cowboys were hoping Blake would fall to them.

I've got a feeling that Blake is going to end up being the best C in this draft. The Colts do need a C to replace Saturday.

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 11:51 AM
While it's all well and good to continue to build OL for the Andrew Luck, I never like starting 2 rookies on offensive lines, add in a rookie QB (even one as talented as Luck) and it could be a recipe for disaster. Luck is going to need people to throw to as well as someone to carry the rock for him

I get what you are saying, but respectfully disagree.

Luck is a solid prospect but needs protection. The Colt O-line last year wasn't great. Anthony COstanzo has the makings of an NFL LT and Ben Ijalana is the future RT. The problem for the Colts was interior OL. Putting a guy like Osemele at OG and Blake at C makes huge strides. Osemele is a mean, big boy, tough nosed defender, and blocker. He can maul, he can push, and he has speed. At OG he can help out the either Iljana or Costanzo. Blake kept RGIII clean all year and created massive running holes. Look at the game against Washington in the Alamo bowl. A certain DT was nowhere near RGIII becuase of Blake. Blake has the size, speed, and nastiness to be a big time Center in the league.

Two big time prospects at OL can completely change the team. Suddenly instead of going constant 3 and outs, the team can begin to sustain drives and keep their defense fresh. As the game wears on the OL gets stronger the DL gets weaker. Keeping the QB clean and establishing the run game is what the best teams in the league do year in and year out. I believe in a philosophy of building through the trenches.

The colts actually have more skill position players than people realize. Donald Brown will be the starting running back and Delone Carter will be the backup. In terms of WRs, the colts have Quan Cosby(a sure handed WR), Austin Colie, Anthony Gonzalez, and sleeper Blair White. At TE is the very underrated Jacob Tamme.

And don't forget, I still have 4 more picks to bring in additional talent to the team!

Brandon420tx
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I guess that makes sense, I'm still wary any time 2 rookies start on a line. It's mitigated some by one not being a tackle

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
I guess that makes sense, I'm still wary any time 2 rookies start on a line. It's mitigated some by one not being a tackle

I wouldn't play either as a OT. I think their better value are at interior OL: OG and OC.

Texan4Ever
03-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Doppelganger, I like what you are doing by building around Luck. However, what about the Colts defense? Do you think they aren't as bad as they played last season?

Rey
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Personally I don't have a problem with Blake, but I wouldn't have taken Kelechi in rd. 2...

I'd have looked for defense or a WR...

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Doppelganger, I like what you are doing by building around Luck. However, what about the Colts defense? Do you think they aren't as bad as they played last season?

Chuck Pagano is the new coach and he is a Defensive guy. He was the Ravens DC last year and has previously been a DBs coach. His specialty is defense. I think the Colts Defense will be much improved simply becuase they have someone running it who understands Defense.

The new OC is Bruce Arians. He was Peyton's first QB coach and was Roethlisberger's for the past few years. He will get the most out of his offense just as Pagano will get the most out of his Defense.

The Colts won't contend next year, but I think they could get a solid 6 or 7 wins next year and build forward.

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Personally I don't have a problem with Blake, but I wouldn't have taken Kelechi in rd. 2...

I'd have looked for defense or a WR...

I think Kelichi will become the second best OG taken in this draft. He is that good. I have him graded as a first round talant and he really should go in the first. A team like Pitt would be a great fit for him. Even Htown would be great (perhaps he is on their radar). DeCastro is the best OG far and away, but Glenn and Kelichi are still both solid first round talents. NFL teams undervalue OGs and overvalue other positions. DTs and Especially NTs are getting bigger and bigger every year. We see a guy like Poe fly up the board and that makes sense. But people forget about the guy who is placed to block him is equally as important. Big strong NTs require big strong, athletic OLs to block them. Kelichi should be a first rounder and I am thrilled to get him in the second.

The Center position is really top heavy. Konz is a definite first rounder and in my opinion, Blake is a second round talent. Like Kelichi he is a strong guy, good speed, and ability. He can handle the big boy NTs and did a magnificent job against a guy who many people like on this board in the Alamo Bowl. He took that guy out of the game and opened holes to create a 400 yard rushing day for his team. He is ready to go day 1 and will protect the franchise QB.

Yes, I could have gone WR or Defense, but those positions are very deep. Those positions are so deep I can virtually guarantee a few really good WRs.

Blake
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
but Glenn and Kelichi are still both solid first round talents.

My guard can beat up your guard! haha

Blake is a second round talent.

The only criticism I have of Blake is that his frame is reported and looks maxed out. Dude could double as a roly poly.

Rey
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
NFL teams undervalue OGs and overvalue other positions. DTs and Especially NTs are getting bigger and bigger every year. We see a guy like Poe fly up the board and that makes sense. But people forget about the guy who is placed to block him is equally as important.

There is a good reason the gaurds are undervalued.

Most of the guards in the league blocking those big, strong, fast guys are not going to be taken in the first round...

Hell, most probably aren't even taken in the second or third round.

Look at what we gave up to get our Meyers and Brisel...

You can find serviceable guards. Dominant guards are great to have, but they don't make or break your offense like dominant QB's, RB's WR's ect...

I think if you have the chance to take a game breaking WR or a game breaking corner or other defensive player I'd take them. A guard would have to really be THAT much better than everyone else on the board or I'd have to have a big need for one.

I'm not saying I think it's a horrible pick at all. In fact I think it's a good one.

I'm just saying I'd have probably gone in a different direction with regards to what the Colts situation looks like.

But again, I'm not saying you did a bad job there.

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
My guard can beat up your guard! haha

I like Cordy Glenn. If he is available at 26, Texans should really think about grabbing him.

The only criticism I have of Blake is that his frame is reported and looks maxed out. Dude could double as a roly poly.

I get that. He is not exactly shredded. But, I actually think his gut helps him out because people don't expect him to be able to move as well as he does.

Here are couple of guys who don't look athletic but really are.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2620/3840225190_ffc68281dd_z.jpg

http://evonsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/vince-wilfork.jpg

Doppelganger
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
There is a good reason the gaurds are undervalued.

Most of the guards in the league blocking those big, strong, fast guys are not going to be taken in the first round...

Hell, most probably aren't even taken in the second or third round.

Look at what we gave up to get our Meyers and Brisel...

You can find serviceable guards. Dominant guards are great to have, but they don't make or break your offense like dominant QB's, RB's WR's ect...

I think if you have the chance to take a game breaking WR or a game breaking corner or other defensive player I'd take them. A guard would have to really be THAT much better than everyone else on the board or I'd have to have a big need for one.

I'm not saying I think it's a horrible pick at all. In fact I think it's a good one.

I'm just saying I'd have probably gone in a different direction with regards to what the Colts situation looks like.

But again, I'm not saying you did a bad job there.

I hear you. You are right, most guards are not taken high. You can certainly get by with 4th/5th round OGS. But if you want a guy who can dominate, who can shut down the opposing DT, and be a force on the OL, typically you need to grab him early. Sure, some good ones slip, but the game changers tend not to.

Steve Hutchinson: #17, first round.
Logan Mankins: #32, first round.
Alan Faneca: #26, first round,
Ben Grubbs: #29, first round
Mike Iupati: #17, first round
Andy Levitre, #51, second round
Davin Joseph, #29, first round
Larry Allen, # 46, second round
Randall McDaniel, #19, first round

pbat488
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
with the 2nd pick of the 3rd round of the 2012 texans talk mock draft, the st. louis rams select..

mike martin, dt, michigan

http://nflmocks.com/files/2011/12/mike-martin2.jpg

opting to solidify the defensive line instead of reaching for a WR that they feels would fit their gameplan, the rams select one of their favorite players in the entire draft in martin from michigan. able to play in multiple looks from the 0 to 3, martin provides an upgrade over fred robbins and justin bannan. with a strong presence in the middle, this allows the underrated chris long and last years #1 robert quinn to do what they do best; get to the passer.

Section516
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok.

I searched my draft board.
I searched google to see if the prospective player was caught blowing coke with Irvin or hanging in bathroom stalls with Big Ben.

I don't know why he is still available.
I am confused as to why the battling for the #1 ranked TE Dwayne Allen is still on the board..

BPA screams at me. Its in my nature. Don't reach. I need LB help. I need CB help. I need OL help.

But, looking at the NE way of offense, with RG3 coming in (in this mock)

I pick..

Dwayne Allen, Clemson, TE, Meet Kyle Rudolph. Watch gametape of Hernandez and Gronk.

TexansSeminole
03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Ok.

I searched my draft board.
I searched google to see if the prospective player was caught blowing coke with Irvin or hanging in bathroom stalls with Big Ben.

I don't know why he is still available.
I am confused as to why the battling for the #1 ranked TE Dwayne Allen is still on the board..

BPA screams at me. Its in my nature. Don't reach. I need LB help. I need CB help. I need OL help.

But, looking at the NE way of offense, with RG3 coming in (in this mock)

I pick..

Dwayne Allen, Clemson, TE, Meet Kyle Rudolph. Watch gametape of Hernandez and Gronk.

I see nothing wrong with grabbing talent regardless of need in the 3rd. Dwayne Allen is a good player and can make some pretty spectacular catches at times.

Dutchrudder
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
^ Good pick, he was BPA on my board as well, there have been a few guys picked that weren't even on my radar so I see some good values. These last 10 picks or so have taken nearly every guy I had my eye on in hopes of them dropping to here. Now I'm just going with BPA at a need. It was a tough pick, because several positions of need have great players available, but I gotta address the captain of this ship that is the Browns. With the 68th pick in the 2012 TTalk Mock Draft, the Browns select:

Brandon Weeden QB out of Oklahoma State

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/brandon_weeden.jpg

Taking a page out of the Bengals playbook, the Browns go with the soulless ginger from the south. Hey, it worked out pretty well for them last year, right? Weeden lead the Cowboys to their best season in school history this past year and upset the highly touted Andrew Luck's team in the Fiesta Bowl this year. Weeden will need to adjust to taking snaps under center this year, but I'm confident he can make the switch. He will bring much needed competition and maturity to the Browns QB position.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB

steelbtexan
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Dutchrudder;1915697]^ Good pick, he was BPA on my board as well, there have been a few guys picked that weren't even on my radar so I see some good values. These last 10 picks or so have taken nearly every guy I had my eye on in hopes of them dropping to here. Now I'm just going with BPA at a need. It was a tough pick, because several positions of need have great players available, but I gotta address the captain of this ship that is the Browns. With the 68th pick in the 2012 TTalk Mock Draft, the Browns select:

Brandon Weeden QB out of Oklahoma State

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/brandon_weeden.jpg

Taking a page out of the Bengals playbook, the Browns go with the soulless ginger from the south. Hey, it worked out pretty well for them last year, right? Weeden lead the Cowboys to their best season in school history this past year and upset the highly touted Andrew Luck's team in the Fiesta Bowl this year. Weeden will need to adjust to taking snaps under center this year, but I'm confident he can make the switch. He will bring much needed competition and maturity to the Browns QB position.

Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB

The Weeden to Blackmon combo is back together again, putting up huge numbers. I love Weeden, has the arm/sees field well and although he's not a runner he moves around well in the pocket. If Weeden was 23 instead of 28 he would be a top 10 pick.

Weeden needs to be able to start quickly and reuniting him with Blackmon should help make this happen. I could actually see the real draft falling this way.

Best drafts so far 1. Dutch 2. BL and for their teams needs I would call them about even.

TexansSeminole
03-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

RT Bobby Massie, Ole Miss.

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/800892191.jpg?402

At 6"6' 316, Bobby Massie is a big, strong right tackle prospect from the SEC. He has been the starting right tackle at Ole Miss since he took over in the final 5 games of the 2009 season. He is more athletic than his size would indicate and can dominate opponents at times. The Bucs need a RT to replace or at least challenge Jeremy Youngblood. I would think that Massie could at least challenge him in his first year, but I don't expect Massie's pass blocking to be at a starter's level until 2013.

On the clock:

Section516
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=TexansSeminole;1915733]Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

RT Bobby Massie, Ole Miss.

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.com/uploads/5/6/9/8/5698103/800892191.jpg?402

At 6"6' 316, Bobby Massie is a big, strong right tackle prospect from the SEC. He has been the starting right tackle at Ole Miss since he took over in the final 5 games of the 2009 season. He is more athletic than his size would indicate and can dominate opponents at times. The Bucs need a RT to replace or at least challenge Jeremy Youngblood. I would think that Massie could at least challenge him in his first year, but I don't expect Massie's pass blocking to be at a starter's level until 2013.

Who i was going to pick, before i noticed Allen.

kiwitexansfan
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Massie was top of my board..... still have a couple of players up my sleeve I would be happy with.

Not sure this draft's strengths gel with my Jets needs.

aussie_texan
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
With the 70th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select...

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

http://insidetheu.smugmug.com/Sports/2011-Spring-Game/i-GXkwZbc/0/L/Street-L.jpg

Redskins have a lot of underneath WR but no number 1 receiver.
With streeters measurable and athletic ability he has the potential to develop into that number 1 receiver. will be used to stretch the field to open up the running game.

TimeKiller
03-13-2012, 09:23 PM
:cry:

I got dem no 3rd round pick bluuuuuueeeesss....

Also, it's Trumaine Johnson not Trumaine Jones. Why you gotta misspell my guy's name huh?

Rey
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

http://insidetheu.smugmug.com/Sports/2011-Spring-Game/i-GXkwZbc/0/L/Street-L.jpg

With streeters measurable and athletic ability he has the potential to develop into that number 1 receiver. will be used to stretch the field to open up the running game.

Damn...

I was hoping he'd fall to me and I'd have a couple of young athletic studs in Streeter and Hill....

Wolf6151
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM

Tommy Streeter WR Miami

Excellent pick. He might take a year or 2 to mature and learn but he's got star potential. I was hoping the Texans might take him in the 3rd.

Shaft75
03-14-2012, 01:08 AM
I think we should do a 3 round re-mock post free agent frenzy. A lot of team needs are being shuffled around right now.

For example, I'm thinking now that the pick at 26 for us should be Perry, instead of Hill or Randle. Don't think there will be any 1st round RT's. But hell, also if we don't get Myers or fill that vacancy, the pick could be Konz.

Everything is still up in the air...

Blake
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I think we should do a 3 round re-mock post free agent frenzy. A lot of team needs are being shuffled around right now.

For example, I'm thinking now that the pick at 26 for us should be Perry, instead of Hill or Randle. Don't think there will be any 1st round RT's. But hell, also if we don't get Myers or fill that vacancy, the pick could be Konz.

Everything is still up in the air...

Everyone knew needs would be filled when FA started. Thats just how things go this time of year. Carry on.

steelbtexan
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Dutch suggested a 4 rd mock after this one.

Blake
03-14-2012, 08:11 AM

HOU-TEX
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I'll be back shortly with a selection

Señor Stan
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Best drafts so far 1. Dutch 2. BL and for their teams needs I would call them about even.

I call dibs on the Rams for the 2013 Mock Draft!!!

HOU-TEX
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
With their 3rd pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the Jaguars select:

Chris Givens, WR Wake Forest

http://www.bobhebertphoto.com/Wake-Forest-Football/Deacs-48-Gardner-Webb-5/i-Lj6t47p/0/M/Chris-Givens-TD-01-M.jpg

Here again, the Jags had another DE fall to them and was close to selecting him. The Jags had both the DE and Givens rated the same so they opted to go with position of need.

beerlover
03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Guess Texan4Ever is waiting on Bills to ink :mariopalm:

quite the DE set paired with Coples :scarygirl:

Dutchrudder
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Guess Texan4Ever is waiting on Bills to ink :mariopalm:

quite the DE set paired with Coples :scarygirl:

I PM'd him, but unfortunately he doesn't have email set up. :(

Texan4Ever
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry for taking so long. The reason I took my time is because I was stuck trying to figure out who to take after the Jags "stole" my WR.

The Bills select...

Jeff Allen, OT/OG

http://dman2303.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/jeff-allen.jpg

I needed to address the offensive line and I decided to pull the trigger on Allen because he is a good character guy and has the ability to play OT/OG which makes up for his lack of height/size. He is also one of the better pass protectors in the draft which will make Ryan Fitzpatrick very happy.

Blake
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Good technique by Allen in that photo. Choke holds work well in the NFL.

Blake
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Get your top 5 ready.

3.76) Seattle Seahawks - Ndevine7 -

3.77) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

rmartin65
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, ****, I had no idea the Phish were going to trade away our best receiver/passing game threat. With this new information in mind, the Dolphins select Wisconsin WR Nick Toon-http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/nick-toon.jpg

Texan4Ever
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Good technique by Allen in that photo. Choke holds work well in the NFL.

LMAO! Highly effective! In all seriousness, he has the talent and the ability to become technically sound and work on getting stronger.

Shaft75
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Everyone knew needs would be filled when FA started. Thats just how things go this time of year. Carry on.

Read my post. It would be an additional mock, like we do pretty much every year. Maybe each owner can have like 2 or 3 teams so it won't be such a production as the official mock. Or hell we can just simulate the first 2 rounds.

Just throwing it out there.

Dutchrudder
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Read my post. It would be an additional mock, like we do pretty much every year. Maybe each owner can have like 2 or 3 teams so it won't be such a production as the official mock. Or hell we can just simulate the first 2 rounds.

Just throwing it out there.

If we were gonna do something like that, I would rather do it all on a Sunday with everyone who wants in being online. Make it move quickly, allow 10 minutes per pick, and roll through 3-5 rounds with about 20 dedicated people. Could even have local people meet up at a place like Bubba's and make a shindig out of it.

MistaRed
03-14-2012, 10:15 PM
With the 74th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select:

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/schwartz.jpg

Mitchell Schwartz, OT, Cal

beerlover
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
With the 74th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select:

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/schwartz.jpg

Mitchell Schwartz, OT, Cal

Looks more like a Texan to me (2nd rd.) good selection :clap:

Honoring Earl 34
03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Alameda Ta'amu .

http://mollyyanity.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/taamu.jpg

Shaft75
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs select Alameda Ta'amu .

http://mollyyanity.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/taamu.jpg

Damn you!

Ndevine7
03-14-2012, 11:52 PM
With the 76th pick in the 2012 TT Mock Draft the Seattle Seahawks select

Kirk Cousins 6'3 214 QB Michigan State

Clearly no QB on the Seahawks roster is the anwser at QB. Cousins has the potential to succeed in the NFL and had a solid combine that helped his draft stock. The Seahawks hope to get their Franchise QB here.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
SM, your pick is coming up, so please send me your top 12. Thanks

3.77) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 -

3.78) New York Jets - kiwitexansfan -

3.79) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

3.80) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

3.81) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx-

3.82) Oakland Raiders - Group Selection - Terelle Pryor, Supplemental Draft

3.83) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

3.84) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

3.85) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

3.86) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 -

3.87) Detroit Lions - Super Mario -

3.88) Pittsburgh Steelers - stingray -

3.89) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

3.90) Houston Texans - bah007 -

3.91) New Orleans Saints - RT22 -

3.92) Green Bay Packers - nytexan -

3.93) Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan -

3.94) San Francisco 49ers - Rey -

3.95) New England Patriots - Beerlover -

3.96) New York Giants - KMG 365 -

Blake
03-15-2012, 08:05 AM
You funny man!!!

Edit: I have a top 9 right now. And the list keeps growing!

Blake
03-15-2012, 08:07 AM
With the 76th pick in the 2012 TT Mock Draft the Seattle Seahawks select

Kirk Cousins 6'3 214 QB Michigan State

Clearly no QB on the Seahawks roster is the anwser at QB. Cousins has the potential to succeed in the NFL and had a solid combine that helped his draft stock. The Seahawks hope to get their Franchise QB here.

Looks like a solid pick and good value here.

Blake
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Damn you!

You are up broski. I assume you had an option B picked out.

PM sent.

Señor Stan
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
gone til Monday...

Sent off my top 7 to Dutchrudder.

Texan4Ever
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
gone til Monday...

Sent off my top 7 to Dutchrudder.

I may need to make a top 10 list because my top five were all taken which is why I slowed everyone down.

Blake
03-15-2012, 02:29 PM
I wrote the rules in the OP to say rounds 2-7 are 12 hour clocks for each pick. I think we did 6 hours after rounds 3 or 4 the last couple years. What does everyone else think?

rmartin65
03-15-2012, 02:30 PM
sounds solid to me. Clock stops after 9 ET or so, picks up again around 8?

Blake
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Since when did we start using Eastern Time? Haha. Clock should still run from 7AM-9PM CST!

HOU-TEX
03-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Paused during weekends? I rarely even log on to a cpu on the weekend

rmartin65
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Since when did we start using Eastern Time? Haha. Clock should still run from 7AM-9PM CST!

Because I am on ET, and the world revolves around me.

That sounds like a plan. I am pretty sure you are not the only one.

Blake
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Yeah same rules apply. Just a 6 hour clock rather than 12 hours after round 3 finishes.

Wolf6151
03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Does Shaft75 even know he's on the clock?

Dutchrudder
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Does Shaft75 even know he's on the clock?

I sent him an email, and he has been on today, just didn't pick. Seems like he wanted Ta'amu, but missed him and doesn't know who to pick. Or he's just ignoring us... :(

Blake
03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I pm'ed him as well.

He is almost 9 hours into his clock. At 7pm we can make a pick for him if we want to. Although I hate doing that.

beerlover
03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I sent him an email, and he has been on today, just didn't pick. Seems like he wanted Ta'amu, but missed him and doesn't know who to pick. Or he's just ignoring us... :(

It's called, getting shafted :polevault:

Doppelganger
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
It's called, getting shafted :polevault:

Think Shaft would want a quality Long Snapper in the 3rd :evil:

nytexan
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I pm'ed him as well.

He is almost 9 hours into his clock. At 7pm we can make a pick for him if we want to. Although I hate doing that.

I don't mind waiting on anyone (even you :barman:), I just consider it a common courtesy to let everyone know you're going to be gone for awhile, so you don't come back here 20 times to see if your turn is up.

Other than that PEACE to you SM

kiwitexansfan
03-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Anything but a safety I think would work.

Wolf6151
03-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Anyone want to start a list of the best Long Snappers and Punters? 1 more hour.

Shaft75
03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
With the 77th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Philadelphia Eagles Select:

Keenan Robinson LB, TEXAS

http://jayjanner.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/rice-0006.jpg

My list was ta'amu, mclellin, or robinson. A little Eagle flew down and chirped Robinson.

And again sorry for holding this thing up. I delivered a house today and basically the whole ceiling fell during transport. its been one of those days!

Brandon420tx
03-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I didn't know Keenan Robinson could long snap

Shaft75
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Sorry guys, been hella busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaft75
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Didn't mean to hold everyone up!

kiwitexansfan
03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
The Jets fill the giant hole at S by drafting Markelle Martin of Oklahoma State.

Martin has a well-rounded, do-it-all style of play that puts him all over the field. His athleticism is often on display -- playing center field as a ball hawk. He's talented enough to drop down as the eighth man in the box. Like most safeties, you don't want him in man coverage all too often, but that skill will develop as a professional.
Of the senior safeties, he's one of the best draft prospects (if not the best). He's an aggressive defender that plays downhill. He is a brutal tackler that can hit like a ton of bricks, but he'll be taught to break down and wrap up more often than not. Martin, while having a knack for making big plays, needs to do better not to give them up. Plays well in the deep half zone and has enough speed. Martin is very fluid in open spaces when he doesn't get upright and lose his bend.

The upside here is that these flaws are mental mistakes that can be coach-corrected. His burst and pursuit are both above-average. All the physical tools are there for a good, quality pro.

LINK (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3003)

http://nflmocks.com/files/2011/11/Markelle-Martin.jpg

I may just have to double dip at S later on.....

Blake
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
3.79) San Diego Chargers - Srrono -

3.80) Chicago Bears - MistaRed -

3.81) Arizona Cardinals - Brandon420tx-

3.83) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan -

3.84) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan -

srrono
03-15-2012, 10:15 PM
With thier 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Chargers select
SHEA MCCLELLIN OLB, Boise State

Brandon420tx
03-15-2012, 10:20 PM
With thier 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Chargers select
SHEA MCCLELLIN OLB, Boise State

http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/august042010/f-bomb-2.jpg

srrono
03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/august042010/f-bomb-2.jpg

Did I miss something?

Brandon420tx
03-15-2012, 10:27 PM
You took the top player on my board ... ass :p

srrono
03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
You took the top player on my board ... ass :p

Oh ok i checked list twice was surprised he was still there, Thought I might have missed him lol.

MistaRed
03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
With the 80th pick the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTrthRRKt0mvihJreFNQ2OJ55CBr_N2 tlqKNAvPGDInz-1BehfXFSj157P

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTrthRRKt0mvihJreFNQ2OJ55CBr_N2 tlqKNAvPGDInz-1BehfXFSj157P

Excellent pick, I can't believe this guy is still available. In reality I think he goes high-mid 2nd round.

Shaft75
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Maybe the Texans will be picking this guy

http://usc.ocregister.com/files/2010/11/criner.1110.jpg

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Shaft, he'd be a great pick in the 3rd round, very good value.

Brandon420tx
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Even with the Cardinals resigning Levi Brown and some guard I've never heard of from the Niners, The RT spot is still in awful shape, The Cardinals Select

Nate Potter,
Projects as a LT in the draft, but should still be able to play RT for the Cardinals. Despite how popular the short comings of Levi's early season exploits at LT last season are, the RT Brandon Keith was even worse, and he didn't get better in the second half of the season like Levi did. Pretty much anyone can be an upgrade over him.

Nate Potter will also provide future LT insurance if Levi suffers some type of serious injury

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Brandon420tx, give yourself one of them F-Bomb pics. for me, you took my guy. :) Potter is the last decent LT prospect left, everyone else projects as a RT. Oh well time to shift priorities. Good pick.

beerlover
03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Excellent pick, I can't believe this guy is still available. In reality I think he goes high-mid 2nd round.

Virginia just had their Pro Day & results for Minnifield where not exactly glowing -
The news, unfortunately, wasn't so good for defensive back Chase Minnifield, who wasn't able to perform at the Combine (or the Chick-fil-A Bowl, for that matter) after recovering from post-season ankle surgery.

The 5'10, 183 pound Minnifield was clocked in the mid 4.6s in the 40-yard dash and complained about tightness in his hamstring.

According to the source, Minnifield did not participate in the shuttles or push himself in later drills. "It was not a good day for him," the source said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/17823374/disappointing-performance-by-minnifield-the-story-at-virginia-pro-day

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Virginia just had their Pro Day & results for Minnifield where not exactly glowing -

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/17823374/disappointing-performance-by-minnifield-the-story-at-virginia-pro-day

Thanks for the info. I was unaware of the injury issues, that will surely drop him a round lower. He was impressive during the season and I think he'd be good value in the 3rd.

Blake
03-16-2012, 07:15 AM
3.83) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan - on the clock.

3.84) Tennessee Titans - Señor Stan - PM'ed his pick to us.

3.85) Cincinnati Bengals - Kaiser Toro -

3.86) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 -

WolverineFan
03-16-2012, 09:21 AM

Agree, although I think he might drop because he didn't burn a 40 at the combine. He's perfect for the Bears defense though. When you talk about matching a prospect with a team during the draft, this is a great example. Great pick.

WolverineFan
03-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Even with the Cardinals resigning Levi Brown and some guard I've never heard of from the Niners, The RT spot is still in awful shape, The Cardinals Select

Nate Potter,
Projects as a LT in the draft, but should still be able to play RT for the Cardinals. Despite how popular the short comings of Levi's early season exploits at LT last season are, the RT Brandon Keith was even worse, and he didn't get better in the second half of the season like Levi did. Pretty much anyone can be an upgrade over him.

Nate Potter will also provide future LT insurance if Levi suffers some type of serious injury

Good pick because I'm pretty sure Brown is moving to RT and I think Potter can handle LT at the next level. Gotta seal up the front in case you land Peyton!

steelbtexan
03-16-2012, 09:28 AM
With the 83rd pick in the TT NFL mock draft the Dallas Cowboys select Josh Chapman NT Alabama.

Chapman is the most accomplished DT in this draft. The only reason he fell this far is because he tore his ACL at the start of his Sr yr. He played with all yr with the torn ACL. (This proves his toughness.) The Cowboys can use a NT with Chapmans toughness. Drafting Chapman allows Ryan to move Ratliff to the 5 tech. This improves the Cowboys at both the NT/DE positions. Stopping the run is no longer a problem for the Cowboys.

Chapman is a former weightlifting star.

Blake
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Proxy pick for Senior Stan and the Titans.

Ben Jones, C, Georgia

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/01/23/00/slideshow_1002316109_Ben-Jones-uga.jpg

Kaiser Toro
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
The Bengals select Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State

https://www.nmnathletics.com/pics/400/XF/XFEJMXHZQHBSRAA.20080913185541.jpg

Blake
03-16-2012, 09:36 AM
3.86) Atlanta Falcons - Wolf6151 - On the Clock. PM SENT.

3.88) Pittsburgh Steelers - stingray -

3.89) Denver Broncos - JCTexan -

3.90) Houston Texans - bah007 -

Dutchrudder
03-16-2012, 09:50 AM

I was hoping this guy would fall further. He didn't participate in the combine, had a bad pro day and recently had surgery. Walterfootball dropped him from their top 5 rounds. His dad used to play for the Browns though, so I was hoping I could snag him with a late pick :D

beerlover
03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
would be nice guys if we can get to the Texans pick before weekend cut-off so we can argue/discuss pick until Monday :slapfight:

Blake
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
would be nice guys if we can get to the Texans pick before weekend cut-off so we can argue/discuss pick until Monday :slapfight:

I got my boy locked and loaded. Just waiting for wolf.

Blake
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Here wolfy wolfy wolfy.

PM'ed my top 2 to Dutch.

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry I just woke up, I'll post my pick in just a minute.

Wolf6151
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
IN the 3rd round of the 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select at #86 Jake Bequette-DE from Arkansas.

Sorry for the delay I work night shift and just woke up.

Atlanta Falcons Draft:
1. No pick :( , traded away last year for Julio Jones-WR
2. Brandon Washington-OT/OG
3. Jake Bequette-DE

Super Mario is on the clock. He said he PM'd his picks to Dutch so I'll PM him.

Blake
03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
The Detroit Lions select: Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State

6-1 - 241
A four-year starter, two-year captain and three-time All-WAC honoree tackling machine. Missed the combine due to pneumonia. I think one of the more undervalued players so far.

"Wagner had 147 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and two interceptions. Wagner is a smart player with a nose for the ball."

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/95/951519.jpg

The Lions might not be able to resign Tulloch to a deal, and Wagner can play ILB and OLB.

stingray
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
My turn. Give me a minute.