PDA

View Full Version : Arian Foster out of the Pro Bowl

Texans34Life
01-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Ryan clady and willis mcgahee named to pro bowl replacing injured jake long and arian foster

Kimmy
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Ryan clady and willis mcgahee named to pro bowl replacing injured jake long and arian foster

Wonder why? Is he hurt & I missed it?

silvrhand
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Wonder why? Is he hurt & I missed it?

The Broncos announced McGahee, who was a first alternate, will replace an injured Arian Foster on the AFC Pro Bowl team. Denver left tackle Ryan Clady, replacing the Miami Dolphins' Jake Long, will also join him.

ATXtexanfan
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
might be avoiding injury

Kimmy
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
There will be a lot more to come after this weekend. Whoever survives the Championship round isn't gonna play.

nero THE zero
01-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Looked like he tweaked his ankle in the Ravens game and he was gimpy and heavily taped thereafter.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a sprain.

TEXANS84
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM

Or a big contract payout in the mix. I'd sit out that game too considering how much money is riding on me being healthy.

Thorn
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Just as well. It's a useless game that a good player can risk injury in.

Dutchrudder
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Sucks for Foster, that 25-50k he would make for the game is 1/20 or 1/10th of his salary.

SoCalTexanFan
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
two words "New Contract".....Arian is finally ready to cash in on his hard work. Why risk tearing an ACL in a meaningless game? Arian can just sit at home and wait for the contract offers to come through.

Double Barrel
01-17-2012, 06:12 PM
NCAA national championship as a result of a playoff system would be the best option for the weekend prior to the Super Bowl. [/daydreaming]

The only folks that I know that like the Pro Bowl are kids. I loved it as a kid, and my 9 yo really likes it. I usually doze off if I'm in the easy chair trying to pay attention to the game with him.

TimeKiller
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Pro bowl is for chumps anyway. You go once to say you went...then you keep being good but let the nominations do the speaking for you.

Brisco_County
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Cool. The Pro Bowl selectors snub our guys (Watt, Cushing), our guys snub them.

Speedy
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM
They need to do away with this useless game and just have an Academy Awards type shindig where they announce the Pro-Bowlers to the audience that attends and watching on ESPN, show highlights and all that jazz, and announce the season award winners, MVP, ROY, etc, there too.

That would probably be worth watching. I know I would definitely tune in to see the Texans get some love. Pro-Bowl football game, not a chance I watch that.

False Start
01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
They need to do away with this useless game and just have an Academy Awards type shindig where they announce the Pro-Bowlers to the audience that attends and watching on ESPN, show highlights and all that jazz, and announce the season award winners, MVP, ROY, etc, there too.

That would probably be worth watching. I know I would definitely tune in to see the Texans get some love. Pro-Bowl football game, not a chance I watch that.

Awesome idea! I would be all over that. Have it be put on by NFL Network, I can dig it. :cool:

ChampionTexan
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Looks like you got your wish (well, part of it anyway).
The night before the two top teams kick off Super Bowl XLVI , the National Football League will salute its best players and plays from the 2011 season with a star-studded football and entertainment event -- "NFL Honors" -- a two-hour primetime awards special to air nationally on Feb. 4, 9-11 p.m. (ET) on NBC.

LINK (http://wap.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825af687/firstever-nfl-honors-show-will-be-hosted-by-baldwin-in-indy/)

KA4Texan
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Sucks for Foster, that 25-50k he would make for the game is 1/20 or 1/10th of his salary.

Not for long.

I would love to have 25-50k, but I would pass on it easy if it put at risk a MUCH higher payday soon to come.

Kimmy
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Pro bowl is for chumps anyway. You go once to say you went...then you keep being good but let the nominations do the speaking for you.

The players love going. They get to bring their families for a paid trip to Hawaii. Having been to the pro bowl, it's a lot of fun for the fans, too. The tickets (for the actual game) are very affordable.

The flights however ... eek

But I tell you, it was an AMAZING weekend and I'm so glad I was able to do it.

False Start
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Looks like you got your wish (well, part of it anyway).

LINK (http://wap.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825af687/firstever-nfl-honors-show-will-be-hosted-by-baldwin-in-indy/)

Thats cool, I did not know that.

SheTexan
01-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Looked like he tweaked his ankle in the Ravens game and he was gimpy and heavily taped thereafter.

He did tweak his ankle during the game. I saw him limping off the field, don't remember which quarter. They taped him up and he went back in. He gave our team 1000%, now they need to pay him!!!!

aussie_texan
01-17-2012, 10:01 PM

thats what they do here for the australian rules football. and everyone watches it. NFL would get heaps for media attention then their pro bowl

ChrisG
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM

I would like to see a skills competition. Like the combine. MTV used to run one before the superbowl. Had throwing competitions, races, ect

darnbni99a
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM

he'll be ok. he's about to get a nice raise

Malloy
01-18-2012, 03:50 AM

That's actually a real good idea, an awards show!

You should feed this idea to the NFL :)

Malloy
01-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Was it at halftime?

GuerillaBlack
01-18-2012, 04:26 AM
I would like to see a skills competition. Like the combine. MTV used to run one before the superbowl. Had throwing competitions, races, ect

They had one during Pro Bowl week on ESPN.

El Tejano
01-18-2012, 12:25 PM

And your winners will be:

Tim Tebow
The New York Jets
Tom Brady
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Tony Romo AND The Dallas Cowboys
Michael Vick
Michael Vick
Brett Favre
Mark Sanchez
The New York Jets
The New England Patriots
Tom Brady
Brett Favre
NY Giants
Rex Ryan
Mark Sanchez
and last but not least......Brett Favre for lifetime eternity acheivement award.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Who cares? The PB's a joke anyway. Heck, half the players going will be practice squaders by the time the game comes around.

They've gotten rid of the best part of PB week, the skills challenge

Doppelganger
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM

Make it a skills competition. QBs have to throw a football through a series of tire swings at various distances. RBs and WRs can have a speed and catching drill. Punters and Kickers have an accuracy and distance competition.

And then, at the end of the day, for hilarity sake, there will be a 100 yard dash between the Nose Tackles!

rush2112mn
01-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Who cares? The PB's a joke anyway. Heck, half the players going will be practice squaders by the time the game comes around.

They've gotten rid of the best part of PB week, the skills challenge

I agree.....I think they should scrap the game.....
Have some kind of dinner/presentation of the players myself

The Probowl is the biggest joke ......I could care less to see any Texan play in it......
I dont blame Arian for not playing in it.....I mean if you were fixing to get a contract and you got injured in that who cares game would you? Hell....I would be making up a injury myself....lol

Kudos to Foster....he aint dumb that is for sure......

ChrisG
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Make it a skills competition. QBs have to throw a football through a series of tire swings at various distances. RBs and WRs can have a speed and catching drill. Punters and Kickers have an accuracy and distance competition.

And then, at the end of the day, for hilarity sake, there will be a 100 yard dash between the Nose Tackles!

Hockey did it, they race goalies at the All Star skills competition

DocBar
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
They could have the skills contest then have a competition for fams on Madden NFL and the winners of the Madden contest get to play the PB game on TV using the players selected. I don;t play Madden, so I have no idea why I thought of this.