PDA

View Full Version : 2012 wrinkle: #99 delivers milk on O

record
01-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Work him into goal line packages. Dude is an athletic freak. He can lead block at FB, line up at TE, or go in motion. Maybe even give him the rock? Does anyone else see this?

Gymrat2005
01-16-2012, 03:02 AM
Work him into goal line packages. Dude is an athletic freak. He can lead block at FB, line up at TE, or go in motion. Maybe even give him the rock? Does anyone else see this?

Please stop.

NastyNate
01-16-2012, 04:05 AM

Are you drunk? I drank a lot as well tonight but god damn I didn't resort to this.

texanchris
01-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Well he does have great hands so maybe do what Wisconsin did and put him in at tight end in the goaline package and he could make a couple of plays. As for running back... meh no thanks

jred76
01-16-2012, 08:20 AM
he DID play TE at Central Michigan before transferring to Wisconsin...

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
he DID play TE at Central Michigan before transferring to Wisconsin...

So did everyone else on Defence, you wanna trot all of them out on O too?

TEXANRED
01-16-2012, 09:07 AM

Couldn't do any worse than the guys we trotted out yesterday.

record
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM

No, just the guy who has freakazoid athletic ability and has shown he has great hands. Goal line packages only. With his ability to catch, height, and size he can definitely create a mismatch or help blocking. I don't really mean let him carry the ball as much as lead block as FB, additional TE, or line up as FB and go in motion to be an additional TE or get a DB on him then throw up the lob pass where only he can catch it with his height. Eventually to keep the opposing D honest, you will have to give #99 the rock from the FB position, but that isn't the main idea. The main idea is to have more power near the goal line and make the opposing D have more to game plan for. If JJ shows he can catch it down there, they will have to respect him. Of course you are going to see how it works in practice before you roll it out during a game.

Instead of telling me I am drunk or stupid, tell me why it won't work?