PDA

View Full Version : 3 reasons the Texans lost

bckey
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out.

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters.

I am proud of the Texans. They played their ass off. It is ashamed that Kubiak will be given an extension though. He continues to bumble his way through big games. He was only on this stage today because of Wade. Sorry TK but your sunshine for Kubiak is overshadowing your good judgement of football. He can't make big time decisions. Our defense played lights out and was let down by Kubiak. The Ravens didn't beat the Texans. The Texans were beat by bad decisions by their own coach.

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Totally disagree on pulling TJ.

thetexanator
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out.

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters.

I am proud of the Texans. They played their ass off. It is ashamed that Kubiak will be given an extension though. He continues to bumble his way through big games. He was only on this stage today because of Wade. Sorry TK but your sunshine for Kubiak is overshadowing your good judgement of football. He can't make big time decisions. Our defense played lights out and was let down by Kubiak. The Ravens didn't beat the Texans. The Texans were beat by bad decisions by their own coach.

exactly what did we expect from a rookie. i dont blame tj, hes a 5th rd pick and his inexperience showed. delhomme should have been getting prepared since the reg. season. i blame the person that refused to put him out there. his experience would have given us the best shot in this game. :kubepalm:

Ghostform
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
My three reason are

1.Jacoby Jones
2.Jacoby Jones
3.Jacoby Jones

BullNation4Life
01-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Here are my 3...

1: Turnover
2: Turnover
3: Turnover

and her is one to grow on...

TURNOVER.....

That is why they lost, end of discussion....

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't blame TJ. Its a tough defense, and he was put in tough positions by other people on offense not stepping up and helping him out. Arian and AJ were the only ones on offense (besides the Oline) that played at a pro-level imo. While I'll need rewatch the game to confirm it to myself, I feel only 2 of his picks at most were his fault and the other ones were just products of the sitution

Dutchrudder
01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I blame that idiotic play call on first down with 1:52 left in the fourth. Why go for the bomb there? We were moving the ball well and had plenty of time to score.

TexanExile
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
If we wanted to guarantee a loss, putting in a league washout backup retiree who's been on the roster about a month into a road game against a veteran defense sounds like a good plan.

In case we forget WHY Delhomme was out of football, lets remember his famous 5 INT playoff performance. No thanks. I will take TJ every time and next year he will grow into a quality backup while Jake goes back to his farm.

playa465
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
1-Jacoby Jones game changing muff in the 1st quarter. That 1 play cost the Texans momentum after they held the Ravens to a 3 and out. Agree 100 %, however we did play our way back into the game. But JJ hasn't panned out and I think we have to eat the cap loss if any due to his contract

2-TJ Yates. He should have been pulled and Delhomme put in in the 2nd half. 4 int and a couple more that should have been picked. I'm sorry but the rookie was over matched looking at the Ravens 3-4 defense. I disagree, Delhomme has no chemistry with the team and we were in this game til the very end.

3-Kubiak-Stubborn to a fault. Tj is my guy. Oh Yeah. Then why did you sign Delhomme and Garcia. Moral support? He is a dumbass head coach that is in over his head and always gets out coached when it matters. Again I disagree, Delhomme and Garcia were signed because we had NO ONE else to back up Yates...they were not going to play unless injury dictated it

I feel your frustrations we had this game!!!!

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
why are people so certain delhomme would have been better?

yates got us here

yates has more chemistry with the players

he knows the playbook more

he's a rookie on the road against a really good defense. it is what it is.

bckey
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
If we wanted to guarantee a loss, putting in a league washout backup retiree who's been on the roster about a month into a road game against a veteran defense sounds like a good plan.

In case we forget WHY Delhomme was out of football, lets remember his famous 5 INT playoff performance. No thanks. I will take TJ every time and next year he will grow into a quality backup while Jake goes back to his farm.

He didn't look too washed up when Kubiak threw him to the dogs with our 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Titans. Yates was way over matched today and it didn't take any kind of genius to recognize it.

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
titans @ home =/= ravens on the road

MEGA SWATT
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Agree on all points.

Scooter
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
jacoby jones

injuries

injuries

andre is a beast but was slow as molasses out there, and as much as i love the kid, we were in trouble with a 5th round 3rd string rookie trying to take on the baltimore defense. yates shouldnt have been in there, and threw 7 interceptions, but that's the cards we were dealt. caldwell being in hurt a couple drives, and mario very well makes a great defense today into one that forces a turnover or few.

even still, this is a game we dominated and stood to drive home without the jacoby fumble and complete ineptitude returning punts (and a black hole at receiver).

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Bckey. What?

Forget about everything that happened in the first three qtrs. unless we're blown out the way the Broncos were yesterday, it don't matter.

We were in the game until the last snap, so all the miscues, the turnovers, the negative plays were overcame & accounted for by positive plays, good football & sound decisions.

We had two opportunities to tie the game in the end. Several opportunities to take the lead as well. We had some execution problems in that 4th qtr, some need to step it up a notch problems that did not happen on the offensive side of the ball.

Blame, I blame youth & a lack of talent. We've been putting so much tAlent on the defensive side of the ball it should be no surprise what happened today.

Where was OD? Where was Dressen?

If you were expecting Delhomme to come in & save the day, you need another shot of koolaide.

Texn4life
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
There are 2 reasons...... We have an dummy returning punts for us who does nothing for us consistently in the passing game. Some one remind me against why we gave this clown 10 mil?

And number 2...... We went into battle with a rookie who made typical rookie mistakes. The worst of them was the INT to Ed Reed in the 4th. You have to understand the situation there and he just isn't ready. I don't fault him because he's done a great job to get us there. Its just one of those things. I'm still proud as hell of the kid for battling for us.

NastyNate
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
titans @ home =/= ravens on the road

Dude I totally agree. Delhomme at home against a piss poor titans defense is not Del-nome-name against B-more on the road.

Just inexperience and Jacoby. Honestly if Jacoby just recovers that and we make 3 points off the drive we don't kill momentum and probably go on to win that game.

Nate

Allstar
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/schaub%20buggy.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-4-texans-vs-falcons/texans26.jpg

http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/5d71c92431957dcba6b520211f12b19a/NFL-TEXANS-RAVENS.jpg

Honorable mention: Ray Lewis, Ed Reed

mariowillshine15
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/schaub%20buggy.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-4-texans-vs-falcons/texans26.jpg

http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/5d71c92431957dcba6b520211f12b19a/NFL-TEXANS-RAVENS.jpg

Hit it out of the park on this one. Rep

TEXANRED
01-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Yep.

And don't forget Rackers missing a FG that gave the Ravens the ball on the 40.

Our special teams play pretty much screwed us from top to bottom.

bckey
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
The Texans defense played lights out and totally whipped the Ravens ass. The Texans lost because of special teams and offense. The Ravens know they got an ass whoopin today.

Kubiak is the #1 reason they lost if I am going to list in order the reasons they lost. He should have cut JJ a long time ago. He is stubborn beyond belief.

Jacoby just screwed all the momentum they had with the muff that spotted the Ravens the ball at the 2. Idiot. He is borderline retarded. He is never ever going to get it.

Yates was overmatched to a point he should have been pulled. I know some of you say no way but what are you thinking. This guy could have very well thrown SIX interceptions. Give me the guy with experience in the 2nd half over a rookie that is forcing everything. Or else why sign him. The Texans could have signed my sister if all they needed was a clipboard holder.

Last but not least is Andre. I love im but he didn't play well in either playoff game. He is the playmaker. The only one that stepped up was Foster. An undrafted free agent.

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Last but not least is Andre. I love im but he didn't play well in either playoff game. He is the playmaker. The only one that stepped up was Foster. An undrafted free agent.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/uh_wtf_gif.gif

80tothezone
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
we lost because we don't have a legit #2 reliever. End of story....Pulling TJ would have been dumb as well unless #8 was ready to go...

DocBar
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
The Texans defense played lights out and totally whipped the Ravens ass. The Texans lost because of special teams and offense. The Ravens know they got an ass whoopin today.

Kubiak is the #1 reason they lost if I am going to list in order the reasons they lost. He should have cut JJ a long time ago. He is stubborn beyond belief.

Jacoby just screwed all the momentum they had with the muff that spotted the Ravens the ball at the 2. Idiot. He is borderline retarded. He is never ever going to get it.

Yates was overmatched to a point he should have been pulled. I know some of you say no way but what are you thinking. This guy could have very well thrown SIX interceptions. Give me the guy with experience in the 2nd half over a rookie that is forcing everything. Or else why sign him. The Texans could have signed my sister if all they needed was a clipboard holder.

Last but not least is Andre. I love im but he didn't play well in either playoff game. He is the playmaker. The only one that stepped up was Foster. An undrafted free agent. I think AJ played a pretty good game, but there were a couple of plays where he could've fought a lot harder for the ball or broke up an INT. It's hard to call 8 catches for 100+ yds not stepping up, though.