PDA

View Full Version : Great game Texans!

OntRavenFan
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM
One helluva game played by your Texans.

We come out with a W but we were clearly "beat" in this game. I am not looking forward to meeting up with you guys next post-season.

Congrats on your season.

scourge
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
As I said in another thread, gg.

TJ like an overwhelmed rookie in the 2nd half, but I still can't get over Jones f'n up so epically bad

PhilpW
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Congratulations to the Ravens, four turnovers in your house killed us.

HJam72
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Yep, this is about as far as I thought they could go once I saw Schaub go down, and I'm very proud of the Texans. Going into Baltimore and playing tough in a divisional playoff game, that's about all you can expect from a team that's used 4 QBs this year.

I'll be rooting for the Ravens the rest of the way. You guys win it all....and then we'll get even next year. :)

It's time the Texans got some WELL DESERVED rest...

Yesterday
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Cheers. Losing sucks.

BTW: If I were you, I'd be the biggest Jacoby Jones fan in the world right now...

OntRavenFan
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Cheers. Losing sucks.

BTW: If I were you, I'd be the biggest Jacoby Jones fan in the world right now...

It reminds me of one of your posters tag line...

Something about Jones being an electrifying returner east and west..north and south not so much.

silvrhand
01-15-2012, 04:23 PM

We come out with a W but we were clearly "beat" in this game. I am not looking forward to meeting up with you guys next post-season.

Congrats on your season.

Thanks man, make us proud and go beat the Patriots, the only thing worse than the Tim Tebow Football Network (ESPN) is the Tom Brady Football Network..

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Congrats Ravens.

You guys need to step it up a notch next week.

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Ravens MVP: Jacoby Jones. Gives them the momentum and first lead.

TEXANRED
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM

Congrats on your season.

Thanks and good luck next week.

gwallaia
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Good luck to the Ravens next week.

I would like to see a Packer-Raven Super Bowl.

Showtime100
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Nice of you to say. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope that late injury isn't as bad as it looked.

OntRavenFan
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Nice of you to say. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope that late injury isn't as bad as it looked.

Nice of me to say? I'm pretty sure we watched the same game. The difference in this game 4 turnovers to 0.

We just capitalized on the turnovers, aside from that the Texans whipped our a$$es today.

I sure hope we don't lose Ed Reed #20, that would be devistating.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
We turned the ball over way too much today to even hope to win and yet in the fourth quarter we were close enough to dream a little. Yates is just a bit too green at this point. He just wasn't ready to play at this level and that's understandable.

Congratulations on a very solid W Ravens.

You know, a lot of defenses will just try to blow a rookie QB away with pressure and that's fine but I think that the Ravens chose to try and play on his inexperience. They pretty much invited him to throw it and feasted on the resulting interceptions. Hopefully he outgrows that or we have our veteran QB back next time around.

Jacoby Jones there's just no excuse for though. He needs to be sent packing. With the money we spent keeping that worthless sack of fecal matter we could have resigned Vonta. There's a bad decision that came back to haunt us.

TexansBull
01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
ravens mvp: Jacoby jones. Gives them the momentum and first lead.

this.

scourge
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Nice of me to say? I'm pretty sure we watched the same game. The difference in this game 4 turnovers to 0.

We just capitalized on the turnovers, aside from that the Texans whipped our a$$es today.

I hope he'll be good to go next week. I hate to see any player, aside from Haynesworth, get hurt. Especially bad considering he's going up against Brady next week, and at his age this may very well be his last chance at another Superbowl.

Showtime100
01-15-2012, 04:48 PM

Yes, nice of you to say. Your OP was respectful and I thought that was cool. Some teams don't have a classy fanbase but on the whole you guys have come over and been good posters and not trolls. Anyway, hopefully Reed will be good to go next week.

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
As I said in another thread, gg.

TJ like an overwhelmed rookie in the 2nd half, but I still can't get over Jones f'n up so epically bad
I don't know if I want to put it all on Tj, yeah some of those passes didn't make sense, but most of them targeted Andre Johnson. Maybe he was expecting Andre to make a play & it just didn't happen.

This is what "taking the chains off the kid" looks like.

The Pencil Neck
01-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Congrats, man. Good luck going forward. Hope Ed Reed is OK.

HJam72
01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't know if I want to put it all on Tj, yeah some of those passes didn't make sense, but most of them targeted Andre Johnson. Maybe he was expecting Andre to make a play & it just didn't happen.

This is what "taking the chains off the kid" looks like.

You just don't throw those passes. Andre Johnson is a pro-bowl wide-out, but TJ made him into a corner outnumbered by opposing receivers the way he was just chunking the ball up in his "general" direction or area of the field. Even having A.J. doesn't mean you can just throw up a prayer again and again into double coverage like that and expect anything except what happened. TJ took us as far as I could have possibly foreseen, so I'm not upset with him or anything; I'd just have LOVED to have had Schaub healthy for this game.

OntRavenFan
01-15-2012, 05:04 PM
You just don't throw those passes. Andre Johnson is a pro-bowl wide-out, but TJ made him into a corner outnumbered by opposing receivers the way he was just chunking the ball up in his "general" direction or area of the field. Even having A.J. doesn't mean you can just throw up a prayer again and again into double coverage like that and expect anything except what happened. TJ took us as far as I could have possibly foreseen, so I'm not upset with him or anything; I'd just have LOVED to have had Schaub healthy for this game.

The only INT's I put on TJ are the one's that Webb got. The first 1 he had position on AJ the whole route. I think he just had his mind set on going there. Bad Choice when Webb was in front of AJ, that was a bad decision!

There wasn't much double coverage on AJ. 1 CB, Reed over the top. We didn't even move our best corner around and play that matchup.

Scooter
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
GG ravens fans and congrats on the win, especially those visiting this forum as yall have been great this week. as it stands now, i'm rooting for yall to win it all, despite being angry that we all but giftwrapped this one. each time i watch the ravens i cant help but notice the leaders yall have - not just among the team but across the whole NFL. ray lewis is the heart and soul of football and i would love to see him get another ring.

congrats again, but watch out - the texans dont have a starter over 31 years old and gave the league more than it wanted despite losing 3 all-pros.

MEGA SWATT
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Was not a great game. Defense was out of their mind and Arian was great. That's it.