PDA

View Full Version : I Blame this one on...

Gymrat2005
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Nobody.

I want everyone to sit back and look at the big picture before we beat ourselves up and wish what could of been and what could have.

1. We Lost our Best Defensive Player relatively early in the year.

2. We Limped into the Play Offs with 3rd string QB

3. The Defense we just played has made Hall of Fame QB's have a bad Day.

4. Inexperience.

5. Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard were not factors.
With all of that being said Im prod of our Franchise bc we have set some milestones and standards as a Franchise.

Whats Next?

Kubiak is Our Coach, Like it or not.

We Get a Legitimate 2nd WR either through the Draft or Next Years Free Agency.

I Love our Defense, I really really really Love our Defense.

Lock up Arian Foster.

Andre has maybe 4 years of Productivety Left.

Extremely Cliche, But next year its Super Bowl or bust.

EDIT:

Ps. If I had to choose someone, Jacoby I guess

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.

Lady.Gaga.3000
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually, Leach blew up Ryans/other LB on almost every running play. Vickers whiffed a few blocks. But I am still proud of this team.

gtexan02
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.

+1.

And the Ravens. Force turnovers, don't turn it over yourself, and commit zero penalties is a good formula for winning.

Fili
#12 & #25

OntRavenFan
01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.

Right on the money here^^

We got our a$$es handed to us in this game. Turnovers were the difference.

Mr. Texan
great season.

nothing to b ashamed off given the circumstances.

just com back stronger and HEALTHIER next year. :)

gtexan02
Actually, Leach blew up Ryans/other LB on almost every running play. Vickers whiffed a few blocks. But I am still proud of this team.

What game were you watching? Our running game was far superior

SmoochyTX
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I blame this on Jacoby Jones.

panamamyers
01-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Kubiak got really shook at the end.
Some horrible decisions, putting the game in Yates hands, letting him decide on whether to chunk a deep one to Andre there. That play should not have ever been called.
Then he really just looked completely unprepared on the last drive there. Why not run Arian to get a first down on 2nd and two, then clock it real quick. Then on 4th, you HAVE to get a first and clock it, yet he chunks a Hail Mary with over 20 seconds on the clock.
Kubiak just got shook.

BullNation4Life
01-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I blame this one on...

...turnovers.

Yup FTW!

Can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to beat a team like B-More

texanfreak
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
one hell of a game, Yeah we lost but to a excellent team I hope they win it all. I am so proud of the Houston Texans.

4Texans
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
#12 & #25

I agree.

You just knew when JJ screwed up that punt, and gave them the ball on the 3......... Bad feelings from that point on.....

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Nobody.

I want everyone to sit back and look at the big picture before we beat ourselves up and wish what could of been and what could have.

1. We Lost our Best Defensive Player relatively early in the year.

2. We Limped into the Play Offs with 3rd string QB

3. The Defense we just played has made Hall of Fame QB's have a bad Day.

4. Inexperience.

5. Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard were not factors.
With all of that being said Im prod of our Franchise bc we have set some milestones and standards as a Franchise.

Whats Next?

Kubiak is Our Coach, Like it or not.

We Get a Legitimate 2nd WR either through the Draft or Next Years Free Agency.

I Love our Defense, I really really really Love our Defense.

Lock up Arian Foster.

Andre has maybe 4 years of Productivety Left.

Extremely Cliche, But next year its Super Bowl or bust.

EDIT:

Ps. If I had to choose someone, Jacoby I guess

Normally I'd go with "long string of excuses" but I can't deny that they're all pretty much legitimate. We have things to fix and a few players to upgrade but we've crossed some sort of line here this year. We've turned a corner. We're good. I don't give a damn what anyone anywhere thinks. The Houston Texans are good.

Only took ten years.

Mr teX
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Kubiak got really shook at the end.
Some horrible decisions, putting the game in Yates hands, letting him decide on whether to chunk a deep one to Andre there. That play should not have ever been called.
Then he really just looked completely unprepared on the last drive there. Why not run Arian to get a first down on 2nd and two, then clock it real quick. Then on 4th, you HAVE to get a first and clock it, yet he chunks a Hail Mary with over 20 seconds on the clock.
Kubiak just got shook.

you sir are an idiot

JCTexan
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. The obvious one is the one Jones committed, but that first interception Yates threw gave the Ravens fantastic field position. Seven-teen points off turnovers is the only thing I blame for this loss. Without the turnovers this is a completely different game

Nighthawk
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Nobody.

That's nuts. It's on Kubiak/Yates. The kid was so rattled he could do almost nothing. With even a half-a55 passing game we'd have taken this going away. Should have replaced Yates at half.

Hardcore Texan
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
PLAYCALLING! Why go for the td with 145 on the clock? After 2 nice pass plays they should have given it to Foster, he was gashing them in the 4th.

utahmark
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
That's nuts. It's on Kubiak/Yates. The kid was so rattled he could do almost nothing. With even a half-a55 passing game we'd have taken this going away. Should have replaced Yates at half.

Right after they came back and scored 10 point to make the score 17-13. Thats when you switch out your ob? :mariopalm:

Big Lou
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM

I saw Ryans blow up Leach a couple of times, I was impressed. If Leach blew up our LB's a couple of times its understandable.

TEXANJAK
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Turnovers. Jacoby got excited and messed up today. He has done some good things returning the ball in the past, but we need a better #2 receiver.Bye Bye Jacoby. This year has given us an opportunity to find our future and hopefully #2 QB T.J. Yates. Thank You Texans, For your never quit attitude this season after so many injuries.

Big Lou
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Can someone explain how Baltimore wasn't penalized once.

Turnovers were the reason for this lose plain and simple, but WTF really. I appreciatte a lack of ticky tack calls, Houston got away with a couple but Baltimore is not a penalty free ball club.