PDA

View Full Version : Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Pages : [1] 2

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 11:32 AM
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close.

buddyboy
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I think if we played 3 games, we'd win 1. Ravens are tough tough TOUGH at home, they have an incredible defense that is at least at the caliber of ours, Flacco is better than TJ Yates, and Ray Rice is as talented as Foster. Oh right, and no one we have can compare to Ed Reed. I would say the Texans have the edge at O-line though.

These two teams are so similar in so many ways: dominant front line, strong linebackers, great pressure, great running attacks...

This game will come down to who makes more mistakes. I predict whoever wins the turnover battle will lose the game.

Kimmy
01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Ummmm ... Because this is a Texans message board?

:fans:

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Thorn
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM

That would be my opinion as well. But hey, it's a football game. Everyone should realize this could be a nailbiter or one of the teams run away with it. Anything can happen. Personally, I think either of these two teams should be able to beat the Pats or horsies after winning Sunday.

GlassHalfFull
01-13-2012, 11:41 AM
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.

Psssst, it is a Texans message board. We are excited about the game. I honestly think the Texans have a shot at winning the game.

Besides, someone has to talk about the Texans. Nobody else is....

You keep on thinking we have no chance. That works for me. :glasshalffull:

brakos82
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I think we're contractually obligated to pick the Texans. LOL

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I mean I'm excited too. Being knocked out of the playoffs the past 3 years isn't exactly something to cheer about. Just trying to see how Texans fans really feel when they put fan hood aside. Man I'm nervous.

YouGotNgata92
As I stated, I didn't say Texans couldn't win. That would be stupid.

thunderkyss

There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win.

Otherwise I'd feel pretty silly sporting my avatar

rush2112mn
Ummmm ... Because this is a Texans message board?

:fans:

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Yeah....and I am oding on the koolaid.....too...I dont care.....lmfao....

I think the Ravens are already looking ahead to next week....I know there fans are......they think its going to be a easy win....at least that is what their newspaper is saying...."everything is lining up.....ect ect"

Well, the game aint been played yet......so lets see what happens..

Yvette
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm a Titans fan and have picked the Texans to win.

They've done the improbable all season long to get to this point, and I expect they'll do it again.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Psssst, it is a Texans message board. We are excited about the game. I honestly think the Texans have a shot at winning the game.

Besides, someone has to talk about the Texans. Nobody else is....

You keep on thinking we have no chance. That works for me. :glasshalffull:

Never said they didn't have a chance. Who all is coming here for the game?

brakos82
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88723

Grid
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Anyone who says the Texans CANT win this is as big an idiot as someone saying the Texans WILL win this.

This is a playoff game. Neither of us are in the playoffs on a technicality. We are talking about two really good teams going head to head.

The Ravens have a superb defense that specializes in stopping the run (our greatest strength). They are playing at home, after a bye, and beat us once this year already. It is very obvious to anyone with half a brain that the Ravens SHOULD be favored to win this game.

But it should also be obvious that the Texans are not a pushover team that is going to hand you a win. We are a good team.. and if you make any mistakes we will capitalize on them (in theory). You better bring your A game cause we will bring ours.

People here pick the Texans to win because they want the Texans to win and, as fans, they see all the ways in which the Texans CAN win this game. And make no mistake about it.. this is an incredibly WINNABLE game for the Texans. Its just MORE winnable for the Ravens.

Two good teams will play on Sunday. Saying that one will clearly win is a mistake.

disaacks3
01-13-2012, 11:49 AM

Any thoughts? I think it will be really close. Funny, I see the same things on the Ravens board. Must be that whole "Dance with who brung ya'" thing happening.

Seriously - Did you expect Texans fans to wallow on horror at the thought of playnig the Ravens again? The last game was VERY close until late. We're minus Schaub this time but plus A.J. The Ravens D is better than the Texans, but just barely this year. Our Offenses? Flacco isn't anywhere near the top tier, so I'd call it a wash.

I expect a close game won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah....and I am oding on the koolaid.....too...I dont care.....lmfao....

I think the Ravens are already looking ahead to next week....I know there fans are......they think its going to be a easy win....at least that is what their newspaper is saying...."everything is lining up.....ect ect"

Well, the game aint been played yet......so lets see what happens..

There's going to be some of us saying we will definitely win and there will be you guys saying you can definitely beat us in Baltimore. If evverything were lining up, we wouldn't have lost to Seattle and Jacksonville. But, at home, we're almost unbeatable. You can't be made at people for favoring the Ravens because we've been here before with an experienced QB at home. Not many teams beat us. Look at the playoff teams we've played this year.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Trolling_drawing.jpg/300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Funny, I see the same things on the Ravens board. Must be that whole "Dance with who brung ya'" thing happening.

Seriously - Did you expect Texans fans to wallow on horror at the thought of playnig the Ravens again? The last game was VERY close until late. We're minus Schaub this time but plus A.J. The Ravens D is better than the Texans, but just barely this year. Our Offenses? Flacco isn't anywhere near the top tier, so I'd call it a wash.

I expect a close game won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes.

So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.

Texas T
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM

I know I'll be there and I'm sure I'll hear about it from Raven's fans. But that's okay...I can handle it-I've been to an Eagles game!

That being I think most of the people here know this will be a close game, two badass defenses playing each other, two great running games and two okay pass Os. Could go either way.

I can easily see this turning into a game that hinges on a Field Goal or two...and damn that makes me nervous.

Jackie Chiles
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
There's going to be some of us saying we will definitely win and there will be you guys saying you can definitely beat us in Baltimore. If evverything were lining up, we wouldn't have lost to Seattle and Jacksonville. But, at home, we're almost unbeatable. You can't be made at people for favoring the Ravens because we've been here before with an experienced QB at home. Not many teams beat us. Look at the playoff teams we've played this year.

And you can't be mad at Texans fans for believing we can win.

Look, if both teams play at an equally high level the Ravens are almost certainly going to win this game. My hope, at least, is that the Ravens have a mediocre game and we play near flawless. Longshot, yeah probably. Possibility? Absolutely.

Thorn
Two good teams will play on Sunday. Saying that one will clearly win is a mistake.

And that's the quote of the day. Doesn't mean we won't yell and scream and be drinking the kool-aid though. We're fans, it's what we do.

badboy
Close game & Ravens are good. Texans win as:
1. Yates just needs to not make stupid decisions and turnovers. Pressure is on Flacco who has much more pressure on. Not sure blitzes will work on him & Wade will surprise with his game plan.

2. Game 6 versus now? Texans defense have the Phillips plan in their veins now.
3. Rice is very good & had great prior game. Don't see him doing better than 100. We handle RBs well now.
4. Foster/Tate/Ward will be too much. I look for Arian to get some plays off allowing him to end strong. 30 carries and a few more passes to our backs.
5. Kubiak will loosen up a little on Yates.
6. AJ will make a statement.
7. Phillips decision not to interview will be a motivator.
8. Jacoby Jones will have at least one big play.
9. Our DBs will have at least 3 INTs
10. Rackers will be on target.

Double Barrel
01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

I honestly think the Texans can win this one, but I think the Ravens can win it, as well.

The Texans are clearly underdogs, and I won't even try to dispute it. Having a rookie QB in the second round of the playoffs is what it is.

However, he's not expected to carry the team. The cast around him - from AJ to Foster to Daniels to that offensive line - are great. And our defense is up their with the Ravens.

I think it will come down to who makes the mistake(s). Both teams are certainly capable of winning, but I think the Ravens have the edge with experience and homefield advantage.

However, don't expect the Texans to be pushovers. I might be completely wrong, but I think the Texans have nothing to lose and will play lights out football, while the Ravens have all the pressure and everything to lose right now.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.

hummm......I'll take Flacco over Yates, but I'll take Schaub over Flacco. Especially when Schaub has AJ to throw to.

srrono
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Wow your post made me see the light, I mean there is no chance BALT slips in a bad game (BAL 7 @ JAC 12 - BAL 13 @ TEN 26 - BAL 17 @ SEA 22). The Texans dont match up at all with BALT (both top 5 DEF - both top 10 Run Off HOU #2 BALT #10) BALT is at home so I guess HOU should just stay home and get an early start on the offseason because no teams ever lose at home right. I say lets play the game and see what happens we will support our team and you support yours.

amazing80
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Trolling_drawing.jpg/300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

lmao

Texanmike02
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Balt should win this game. If the Texans win I won't be surprised. The Texans have shown that they can win several types of games. We have a great shot to win. I don't think we're favorites but there are a lot of things that Balt can do to give the game to the Texans. One of those is for Flacco to play bad and this wouldn't be the first time he has had a bad game. If Cam calls a game where he tries to put the game on Flaco's shoulders that is bad for you guys. In all honesty if either QB throws the ball 30+ times I would be shocked if that team wins the game. I would guess that whoever's QB throws the ball the most times loses the game.

Mike

Swamp Donkey
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Anybody that is basing the outcome of this game from the week six match up, is missing the point. All of the analyst are trying to base their predictions off of nothing more than the Ravens home field adv. and the week 6 meeting. This is not, I repeat not even remotely the same Houston team the Ravens saw in week 6. Clearly the Texans are underdogs in this game, but any previous match ups are irrelevant. What Balt. saw was a shocked and staggering version of what they will actually see this Sunday. Even with Yates under center, this team is much more dynamic than they were in week 6 or in previous meetings. Good luck Ravens, everyone else keep hatin' and we intend to keep rollin' !!! Bull on Parade!!! My boys will be comin' home for a victory party!!!

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
All I hear is every single one of your picking the Texans and not one thing about the Ravens.. This may be a bit of a reach, but :thinking: It's a Texans message board. And NO, not "every single one". I for example refrained from predicting the score. In perusing the Ravens message boards, they were doing the same thing, so what's your point?

How come alot of Texans fans are talking up their defense so much and acting like Flacco doesn't play against good defenses. Just because you have a good defense doesn't mean anything. We have 1 of the best defenses and he practices against them every day not to mention facing the Steelers atleat 2 times a year. Come on, do you really think the Texans will win honestly? Not saying they can't, but every excuse is well Andre Johnson wasn't playing. Guess what, we've beaten the Texans with Andre playing. We were also without our best offensive lineman.. Wait? I thought it was every single one of us, now it's just a lot? FTR, Flacco sucks, but he's your problem. That said to make you happy, I'm calling the Texans FO and cancelling the flight to Baltimore because apparently they don't need to play the game since it's a foregone Baltimore win. :rolleyes:

Thoughts? Yeah.... way to enamor yourself to an opponent's message board! :ok:

srrono
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
So much is placed on Flacco being elite/not elite. He's not elite at all. Not many QBs are and I don't know what Texans fans or the media wants us to do. He'll never be Brady or Brees, but guess what, Schaub absolutely isn't "elite." I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.

This game is strength vs strength our def vs your run game our run game vs your def. If either team has to win thru the QB that will spell trouble. Flacco is not better than Schaub, if Schaub both can fold under preasure but i'd take Schaub. Put it this way if Rice and Boldin were out could Flacco still win? Schaub did without Foster and AJ. People act like BALT destroyed the Texans in week 6 it was 14-16 in the 4th qtr and you guys got some breaks an obivous drop ball counted as a catch. Non calls for facemask and roughing Schuab. This is a new game wk 6 means nothing, the 0-5 vs BALT means nothing.

2011 stats
Schaub 10gm 2479yds 15tds 6ints 8.5 yards per pass

Flacco 16gm 3610yds 20tds 12ints 6.7 yards per pass

BigBull17
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM

I agree. it will be a very close game, and in very close games, all it takes is one mistake from Flacco/Yates and thats the ball game. Is it terribly far fetched to think that Flacco could have a bad game and cost the Ravens? I believe its possible that Yates could cost us everything. Will be the most physical of the play-off games this weekend. And the winner is Super Bowl bound, IMO.

michaelm
01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored in this game, but IMO, this is about as close to a classic trap game as you can get, especially for being a playoff game.

Ravens are getting all the attention, hype, and are being heavily picked to win.
They're about to face a young, hungry team that absolutely THRIVES on emotion. A team that probably feels like they are being completely overlooked, and maybe even disrespected nationally.
Oh, make no mistake, this isn't going to be the same team that played in Baltimore earlier this year.
THAT Texans team probably didn't really expect to win that game, deep down inside.
THIS Texans team goes onto this game with no doubt whatsoever that they are capable of beating the Ravens.

Am I predicting a win? Probably wouldn't go so far as to predicit the win, but I think the Texans will play even better than they did last time around.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Do the Ravens have a watch party in Brunswick, GA: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88950 ?

'Nuff said. :bat:

dream_team
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
In a prediction thread, I actually picked the Ravens winning by 4. I was definitely in the minority in picking the Ravens. I actually hesitated in posting in that thread, in fear of jinxing the Texans, and to simply avoid getting jumped all over by other Texans fans for claiming to not "support my team". So I'm thinking alot of others are thinking like me, and simply not posting they think the Ravens will win.

At the same time, what do you expect? Fans are always going to have more belief in their team than others. You guys see a 3rd string rookie QB, we see a budding star with tons of potential. You see an Arian Foster that you shut down in week 6, we see the best RB in the league that won't be shut down twice. You see a hobbling Andre Johnson, we see an AJ close to 100% and 5x better than any other receiver we have.

But like someone else said, if the Texans & Ravens play 3 times, Ravens will win twice. So here's to hoping the Texans one win will come this Sunday!!!

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Do the Ravens have a watch party in Brunswick, GA: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88950 ?

Nicely done!!

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Are you gonna cry when the Ravens lose?

Daravenator
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.

Daravenator
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM

No offense, but that's all you got? Brunswick, GA? :spit:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Well I also see Wisconsin, Boston, San Antonio, Los Angeles:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Texans ARE everywhere.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
...No way in hell.
See you in hell, birdboy. :logo:

Stemp

Along with San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and I've seen one for LA as well.

Plus we have all the Pittsburgh fans rooting for us as well.

Dread-Head

Initially I was a little skeptical...but with spewing colons like yourself saying how my team lost as soon as their names appeared on a schedule I hope our defense puts Flacco on his back so damned much that he'll leave the field not knowing what planet he's on. it's my sincerest hope that if your team DOES win this one that they LIMP into New England the following week to be BRUTALIZED by New England and Belecheat. You're dismissed

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Texans ARE everywhere.

Along with San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and I've seen one for LA as well.

Plus we have all the Pittsburgh fans rooting for us as well.

Beat you to it! You missed Wisconsin. Oh, and I'm sure Marcie et al in Iowa will be watching.

disaacks3
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM

See, there you go exposing yourself with such nonsense. If you think the Ravens themselves would rather have Flacco over Schaub, you're nuts.

darnbni99a
01-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I mean I'm excited too. Being knocked out of the playoffs the past 3 years isn't exactly something to cheer about. Just trying to see how Texans fans really feel when they put fan hood aside. Man I'm nervous.

you should be

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Yeah, I'd say that too if I burned a first round pick on Flacco... BTW, if Schaub isn't at least on the cusp of being elite, that pushes Flacco into the area of flat-out suckitude by your grading scale!!

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 01:24 PM
it's my sincerest hope that if your team DOES win this one that they LIMP into New England the following week to be BRUTALIZED by New England and Belecheat. You're dismissed

Jesus may have something to say about this first.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Jesus may have something to say about this first.

Jesus and WWTD!

michaelm
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I think it will be a relatively close game. I do NOT place any thought into it "may be a trap game." Seriously, who in hell believes there is such a thing as a trap game in the playoffs?

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.

I guarantee you that a MAJOR topic in the Ravens locker room is reminding the players not to buy into the hype, not to believe the media, not to believe the predictions.

Coaches and veteran players are probably constantly telling the younger players to focus on this week, ignore what the pundits and fans are saying. Don't look past the Texans.

Basically, they're reinforcing to the team that looking past the Texans is a valid thing to do, but it's something they SHOULDN'T do.

That's psychological sabotage... lol

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Jesus and WWTD!

Jesus' boy against the spawn of Satan, should be entertaining.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM

:spit:

good one

Allstar
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I think we have a great shot at winning, but I would pick the Ravens to win.

TimeKiller
01-13-2012, 01:37 PM

I pointed this out to Ravenator. Playoff experience is a cliche but when you tear down the walls of literature what really has the experience been? Losing and more often than not in the division game.

Fan hood aside...I'd say there are probably two ways this game might play out. If it's a blowout, it's all Ravens and the national media will rejoice. If it's a dog fight....I'd hold onto your hat if I was you. This offense continues to move with or without it's best weapon and unlucky for you and your team, it's WITH AJ. This defense is lean, mean and ready to fly through your t.v. screen!!!

Do I think they are going to win? Hell yeah I do.

Am I nervous? Hell yeah I am.

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
J Jo has a lot of experience against Flacco, I think he baits him into a bad throw and gets a pick possibly even a pick 6 in this game.

It's going to come down to turnovers and whoever makes the least mistakes. I think it gets decided by a field goal late in the 4th. It should be a great game.

All the pressure is on Baltimore at this point anyway, Texans have already overachieved and none of the talking heads think they can win it.

Week 6 means nothing at this point, the Texans are playing some of the best team football I have seen in awhile and the best I have ever seen from this franchise.

Fun fact: Houston is 4-1 against the AFC North this year.

texanhead08
01-13-2012, 01:43 PM
If I were betting on the game and not against the spread yeah I would probably take the Ravens, but I'm not and I am rooting like a mug for my Texans to win this game.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I think the Ravens should rightfully be favored in this game, but IMO, this is about as close to a classic trap game as you can get, especially for being a playoff game.

Ravens are getting all the attention, hype, and are being heavily picked to win.
They're about to face a young, hungry team that absolutely THRIVES on emotion. A team that probably feels like they are being completely overlooked, and maybe even disrespected nationally.
Oh, make no mistake, this isn't going to be the same team that played in Baltimore earlier this year.
THAT Texans team probably didn't really expect to win that game, deep down inside.
THIS Texans team goes onto this game with no doubt whatsoever that they are capable of beating the Ravens.

Am I predicting a win? Probably wouldn't go so far as to predicit the win, but I think the Texans will play even better than they did last time around.

Why is it only "The Texans are a much different team than the week 6 team." The result of week 6 doesn't matter. It's week 6!!!!! But somehow, the Ravens didn't get better since week 6? hmmm

You say you're playing the best team football you've ever seen.....you lost 3 out of your last 4 games and 3 out of 4 were at home.

Mailman
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Why is it only "The Texans are a much different team than the week 6 team." The result of week 6 doesn't matter. It's week 6!!!!! But somehow, the Ravens didn't get better since week 6? hmmm

You say you're playing the best team football you've ever seen.....you lost 3 out of your last 4 games and 3 out of 4 were at home.

Did the Ravens hire a new DC and install a new defense in the shortened offseason? Did you dramatically alter the makeup of your defensive backfield with a big FA acquisition? Or are you basically the same team you were last year?

You are quickly showing yourself to be an uninformed Ravens homer. The Texans are much better than you realize.

badboy
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM

I guarantee you the Ravens coaches and players are not sitting in front of their HDTV's, watching the NFL Network and trying to decide whther it would be better to take down Brady at Gillette, or be the ones to end Tebowmania, knowing that one team, the Houston Texans, stand in their way to making it to the AFCC and possibly a SB. No way in hell.This morning (Jan 13th) a Houston radio show had radio guest on air from Baltimore and that guy said the fans are all talking Pats not Texans. You are probably correct about the team.

gtexan02
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
If someone offered me a straight up bet in Vegas that paid out 1:1 who would I bet on? Probably the Ravens

But do I believe the Texans can win the game? Absolutely

The line is at Baltimore by 9 right now, and I think thats too high

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM

I was referring to the 7 game win streak and first round of the playoffs against Cincy. Some of the best team football in the NFL. Complete team in all phases.

We lost the last three, coming off of 7 wins in a row.

Carolina whipped us good, it was a good time to bring us back down a bit, we had just wrapped up the Division, and there was a let down but it was bound to happen.

We should have never lost to Indy, that was terrible, but again I think we learned big from that.

Don't count the one against the Titans on Jan. 1st to mean a damn thing. We rested key starters and played backups most of the game. Even had a TE playing LB. And didn't go for the tie at the end to avoid OT and risk more injuires.

We seemed to get right back on track last week, didn't we? So if you think those 3 losses didn't mean something to this team, you're wrong.

You guys struggled against the Browns, and got blown out by San Diego the last 2 of 3 games of the season WHILE you were fighting Pitt for the division. And then beat Cincy by 8, we just whipped them by 21 pts.

What else you got?

Thorn
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
If someone offered me a straight up bet in Vegas that paid out 1:1 who would I bet on? Probably the Ravens

But do I believe the Texans can win the game? Absolutely

The line is at Baltimore by 9 right now, and I think thats too high

Here's the thing, if Baltimore comes out and plays like they usually do at home, without anything special, they can probably win this game. UNLESS the Texans play ABOVE their normally good game, it's going to be difficult for the Texans to pull this out.

However, that doesn't mean the Texans won't play at another level Sunday. They are fully capable of that and we've all seen them do it. There is no reason not to believe the Texans can't win this game, because they can. They just have to elavate their game more than the Ravens do.

TheMatrix31
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Nobody thinks they're "going to" win, but a lot of people think they very much can win, and that they're not getting anywhere near a fair shake from anyone. Good thing none of these other losers matter.

Premier
01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
what a coward the OP is.. basically comes to texans territory to make a claim that the Texans have no chance, then backs up his statement with "doesn't mean the texans cant win".. what a chump. either go all in with your trash talk or s.t.f.u...

these over confident fans irk me.. if this is how they feel, then lets just be really honest, why play the games.. lets just crown the Packers Super Bowl Champs right now.. no need to watch Flacco struggle on the road to keep up with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers...

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Here's the thing, if Baltimore comes out and plays like they usually do at home, without anything special, they can probably win this game. UNLESS the Texans play ABOVE their normally good game, it's going to be difficult for the Texans to pull this out.

However, that doesn't mean the Texans won't play at another level Sunday. They are fully capable of that and we've all seen them do it. There is no reason not to believe the Texans can't win this game, because they can. They just have to elavate their game more than the Ravens do.

I have given the Ravens their due. I haven't even picked the Texans to win. I have simply predicted a knock down, drag out that will come down to one score in the 4th, probably the team who takes care of the ball the best wins.

Ravens are a very tough team at home with tons of playoff experience. I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans giving them props.

While on the other hand, I don't see their fans, their writers, or national media even giving us a chance at all. I hope all the hype has permeated into the locker room....I love the underdog role.

YouGotNgata92

Texans ARE everywhere.

You act like Texans fans have been everywhere all along. It's called bandwagon. This is your first time in the playoffs. Ravens fans are everywhere but who cares? Flacco has played against the best D in the NFL 4 straight years and faced them in the AFC championship game. No one is overlooking the game on Sunday, but they're definitely not afraid. The Ravens will show the Texans the meaning of a physical game. The Ravens have come a long way since week 6 (sarcasm bc that's all any Texans fans say. "The Texans are a much better team since week 6" So is everyone else in the NFL!!)

technosailor
It's TexansTalk. For RavensTalk, head over to baltimoreravens.com :)

How come alot of Texans fans...

It's a lot, not alot (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html). ;-)

Look, I'm a Ravens fan, man. I've been hanging here all week trying to get a sense of the fan base over here. I think the fans are generally pragmatic about this game. Of course they're going to lose (or in their sentiments, it's going to be an EXTREMELY TOUGH DAY for them). But cut 'em some slack... they're here to talk about Ajohn and Btate and Afos - since we should have stupid nicknames for athletes.

Let 'em go though. Join me in listening to The Fan 105.7 for Ravens analysis.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I have given the Ravens their due. I haven't even picked the Texans to win. I have simply predicted a knock down, drag out that will come down to one score in the 4th, probably the team who takes care of the ball the best wins.

Ravens are a very tough team at home with tons of playoff experience. I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans not giving them props.

While on the other hand, I don't see their fans, their writers, or national media even giving us a chance at all. I hope all the hype has permeated into the locker room....I love the underdog role.

We've had the under dog role our entire existence. Even with the best defense in 2000, that still didn't matter and we were a long shot to with the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. Just like any team can win on Sunday.

I don't want the media hype because we've never gotten it. Now that we're undefeated against the playoff teams this year, everyone hops on. Just another fan base we'll have to keep quiet.

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
You act like Texans fans have been everywhere all along. It's called bandwagon. This is your first time in the playoffs. Ravens fans are everywhere but who cares? Flacco has played against the best D in the NFL 4 straight years and faced them in the AFC championship game. No one is overlooking the game on Sunday, but they're definitely not afraid. The Ravens will show the Texans the meaning of a physical game. The Ravens have come a long way since week 6 (sarcasm bc that's all any Texans fans say. "The Texans are a much better team since week 6" So is everyone else in the NFL!!)

What's better, week 6 of the season with a BRAND NEW defensive scheme or week 19?

Personally, I'll take the 3+ months of experience. We have AJ back, and Foster is over his hammy issue. We went on a 7 game win streak directly after. Let me know if any of that sounds like improvement.

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
We've had the under dog role our entire existence. Even with the best defense in 2000, that still didn't matter and we were a long shot to with the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. Just like any team can win on Sunday.

I don't want the media hype because we've never gotten it. Now that we're undefeated against the playoff teams this year, everyone hops on. Just another fan base we'll have to keep quiet.

My post was supposed to say, "I haven't once dimissed this, and I have seen many of our fans giving them props." as opposed to what I typed "not giving them props".

Just clarifying what I meant to say.

TEXANRED
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM

My first thought is that you just asked a really silly question. Of course we think we are going to win. Just like you think you are going to win. It's b/c this is a Texans message board and this is our team.

My second thought is our defense is better than your defense. Our running game is better than your running game. Our 1 receiver is better than both your receivers combined. Our TE's are better than your TE's. Our offensive line is better than your offensive line.

The wild card is the QB position. If Yates plays up to his abilities and doesn't pull a Schaub and shrink under the lights, this games is ours to win or lose.

I like the Ravens. I think they are a damn good team, just ours is a little bit better.

I can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be a great game.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
what a coward the OP is.. basically comes to texans territory to make a claim that the Texans have no chance, then backs up his statement with "doesn't mean the texans cant win".. what a chump. either go all in with your trash talk or s.t.f.u...

these over confident fans irk me.. if this is how they feel, then lets just be really honest, why play the games.. lets just crown the Packers Super Bowl Champs right now.. no need to watch Flacco struggle on the road to keep up with the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers...

Haha I haven't heard the word "chump" used since 1940. That's so funny I almost fell off my dinosaur.

Struggle on the road - it's a team game. Oh yeah, Flacco and the Ravens dominated Brady and the Pats

We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore. Sure, it will be tough but so is every game played in the playoffs. Houston always chokes. It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.

Next time you try to bash someone and try to act hard, you're posting on a forum cowboy. Real hard. Come to Baltimore City and we'll show you how cowardly we can be. Giddy up.

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Haha I haven't heard the word "chump" used since 1940. That's so funny I almost fell off my dinosaur.

Struggle on the road - it's a team game. Oh yeah, Flacco and the Ravens dominated Brady and the Pats

We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore. Sure, it will be tough but so is every game played in the playoffs. Houston always chokes. It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.

Next time you try to bash someone and try to act hard, you're posting on a forum cowboy. Real hard. Come to Baltimore City and we'll show you how cowardly we can be. Giddy up.

This is just not the same. An entire team moved that already existed and got a new name and new franchise history. Big difference.

As for the last line, that's a joke right. You are accusing him of the same thing you are doing, "trying to be hard"...LMAO....I love internet tough guys. Now you have gotten completely away from football and just throwing out general insults.....lame.

Mailman
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I tried to be nice to you but you need to shut your foolish mouth with that bandwagon garbage and baseless trash talk trolling.

You don't have a goddamn clue about the level of football the Houston Texans have played all season. I suggest you go take a look around Football Outsiders, Advanced NFL Stats, Cold Hard Football Facts, or the Shutdown Corner and get some basic education.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
We're the most complete team in the playoffs. Now that the Texans have had their 1 playoff win, it's time to be quiet. Wear your cowboy hat and go feed your cattle. It's tough being a new team in the league right? We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created. You won't win in Baltimore.

You weren't doing to bad until that crap. Oh well. See ya Sunday.

axman40
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
The Ravens WILL LOSE cause they have Bengal fail all over them.Go check out the Bengals board once their failure was complete, they starting to run over to Big Brothers bandwagon.
Once you have Bengal fail it takes at least a season to wash it off!
:texflag::fans::fans::texflag:

Say Watt
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/ban%20him/grand/ban_him_4.jpg

TEXANRED
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
We only won a Super Bowl 4 years after the Ravens were created.

That was dumb. You stole your team from Cleveland and we had to build ours from scratch.

utahmark
01-13-2012, 02:37 PM

Texans team with new players, new defensive coach and new scheme without the advantage of a full offseason vs a Baltimore team that has most of the same players playing the same scheme year after year. Which defense do you think needed the time more?

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:38 PM
You weren't doing to bad until that crap. Oh well. See ya Sunday.

Yep, it was fun while it lasted, I hope the Ravens have more composure.

majestrate
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Text removed

TEXANRED
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM

I think you should take a break from posting if you wanna try and start a fight with someone 2K miles away.

We may have cattle and "Giddy up" but you got crabs and I will take cattle over crabs any day.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 02:41 PM

I don't "act" like anything. I know. Unlike you, I know how to respect another team's accomplishments but likewise to the bolded. No one here is scared.

This just in Flacco still sucks. Nice first round pick. :lol:

Premier
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM
That was dumb. You stole your team from Cleveland and we had to build ours from scratch.

Expansion vs re-location is a tough concept to grasp..

gwallaia
01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Let's not turn this thread into a ridiculous name calling internet bully contest. Keep the football talk going.

YouGotNgata92
The Ravens did have a new DC this year. Greg Mattison left to go coach the defense at Michigan. Along with a new defensive coordinator who is getting back to old ravens football of blitzing and bringing the heat, we're also dealing with losing four huge veterans from previous years teams…Kelly Gregg, Willis Mcgahee, Derrick Mason, and Todd Heap. Our offense consists of one veteran WR, a new FB, a rookie WR, Ray Rice, two second year tight ends. To say we are the same team as last year shows you don't know a damn thing about the Ravens. Not only did we get younger, but we are a lot quicker this year also. Both of our CB's weren't starters on last years team for the most part with Webb playing sparingly. Now we have Jimmy Smith, our first round pick, playing lights out..(good luck getting off the line Jacoby Jones with him in your face.)

Good call though we are exactly the same team we were last year.

utahmark

The Ravens were not created then. They moved and had a name change. Kinda like Prince when he became that symbol.

Premier
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
That's so funny I almost fell off my dinosaur.

cornball shiit..

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
The Ravens were not created then. They moved and had a name change. Kinda like Prince when he became that symbol.

Talk about a bandwagon fan. :facepalm:

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
The Ravens did have a new DC this year. Greg Mattison left to go coach the defense at Michigan. Along with a new defensive coordinator who is getting back to old ravens football of blitzing and bringing the heat, we're also dealing with losing four huge veterans from previous years teams…Kelly Gregg, Willis Mcgahee, Derrick Mason, and Todd Heap. Our offense consists of one veteran WR, a new FB, a rookie WR, Ray Rice, two second year tight ends. To say we are the same team as last year shows you don't know a damn thing about the Ravens. Not only did we get younger, but we are a lot quicker this year also. Both of our CB's weren't starters on last years team for the most part with Webb playing sparingly. Now we have Jimmy Smith, our first round pick, playing lights out..(good luck getting off the line Jacoby Jones with him in your face.)

You mean you had typical offseason turnover? Who'd have thunk it. I didn't see anyone say you're EXACTLY the same team. Did you switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 or have you been running that scheme and personnel for years? Kinda was the point.

I think we know plenty about the Ravens, there have been discussion on here about almost every single player you mentioned. Everyone knows Heap is gone, Mason is gone (he cam here duh), McGahee is gone, your CB situation, your speedy rookie WR, etc.

But I got to know, who's this new Fullback you speak of?

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM

A new fullback? That's not a liability when he's the best in the league. And has been for the past few years.

Edit: I reread your post and see you meant something different. Thats what happens when you read this thing on an iPhone sometimes.

ESAD2-14
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM

You started out doing ok, now you've just kind of got this snide attitude about you. You can keep on rolling with the Texas yeehaa horse and cattle played out jokes if you want, we have heard them all. You seem to have it figured out in regards to the game, so I guess you figured you would post just to let us know how superior your team is. We get it, Baltimore rules, every other team should just pack it in now. Thanks for the profound words of wisdom and prophecy. If you want to mock someone for trying to be "hard" on a message board, it's probably best if you do not turn around and do the exact same thing. Stuff like that truly does make you look like a chump.

Also, your team was not created, it was already established. All they did was move cities and change the name and uniform color.

Should be a good game.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
:lol:

Errr, wut?

TEXANRED

We have a new DC, a switch from 43 to 34 with no off season, a multitude of key player injuries including having to start a 5th round rookie at QB that didn't even get an invite to combine last year. We have only one real starter at CB and we have a starting safety who has never played that position before.

Jones you say? He is our 3rd receiver so if your key to stopping us is stopping JJ..........

Dread-Head
I'm a Titans fan and have picked the Texans to win.

They've done the improbable all season long to get to this point, and I expect they'll do it again.

...Hey hotindigenous lady. :kitten:

Texanmike02
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Yougotnadda...

I rarely come out and call people morons in public. In the rare case that I do I am almost never being serious. Now I am both doing it and being serious. I don't know what your deal is but here is how message boards are supposed to work:

You post, someone posts as part of the discussion, you reply, someone else chimes in and you have a full blown discussion.

You don't seem to get that. I suggest you try graffiti, maybe on a bathroom wall? (Do it in Balt though, we don't need your crap here). That is what you are trying to do. "Ravens Rock!". Cool we got it. You did not need to start a new thread to say that. You didn't need to keep chanting it either. You are involved in what we call a pissing contest... not a discussion.

Now you are trying to fight someone that is 2000 miles away? WTF are you thinking? Dude this is a MESSAGE BOARD. It is not "fight club". Thank you for wasting internet bandwidth with your crap.

Mike

Texanmike02
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Errr, wut?

Prince... "The artist formerly known as prince"... don't remember that?

Mike

Rey
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM

The main guys on your defense are still there and have been there for years.

Every team has changes from year to year.

It's silly to try and argue that the Texans and Ravens are (or should be) on the same level when it comes to this kind of thing.

gary
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Let me give this a shot it is not that difficult to get. They are both playing so both teams have a chance to win. See there. /End thread.

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
You started out doing ok, now you've just kind of got this snide attitude about you. You can keep on rolling with the Texas yeehaa horse and cattle played out jokes if you want, we have heard them all. You seem to have it figured out in regards to the game, so I guess you figured you would post just to let us know how superior your team is. We get it, Baltimore rules, every other team should just pack it in now. Thanks for the profound words of wisdom and prophecy. If you want to mock someone for trying to be "hard" on a message board, it's probably best if you do not turn around and do the exact same thing. Stuff like that truly does make you look like a chump.

Also, your team was not created, it was already established. All they did was move cities and change the name and uniform color.

Should be a good game.

Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town.

Dread-Head
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
It's TexansTalk. For RavensTalk, head over to baltimoreravens.com :)

It's a lot, not alot (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html). ;-)

Look, I'm a Ravens fan, man. I've been hanging here all week trying to get a sense of the fan base over here. I think the fans are generally pragmatic about this game. Of course they're going to lose (or in their sentiments, it's going to be an EXTREMELY TOUGH DAY for them). But cut 'em some slack... they're here to talk about Ajohn and Btate and Afos - since we should have stupid nicknames for athletes.

Let 'em go though. Join me in listening to The Fan 105.7 for Ravens analysis.

As a courtesy, please feel free to welcome yourself to a complimentary Houston Texans Crowbar (emblazoned with our logo) and a tube of KY Jelly. The former and the latter are to assist you in the event that the doorknob lodges itself in your ass when we slam the door behind you when you leave ya troll.

Mailman
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Just to throw some numbers at this toolbag's head....

The rookie quarterback T.J. Yates has played better than he has been given credit for. His Adjusted Yards Per Attempt (which accounts for sacks and interceptions) is higher than that of his counterpart Joe Flacco this season. Houston’s defense doesn’t get the press that Baltimore’s does, but it’s one of the very best. This season, the Texans have allowed 5.2 Yards per Attempt compared with the Ravens’ 5.4. I expect a much closer game than most other analysts have been predicting. Using Yates’s numbers only, Baltimore has the edge 52/48.

LINK (http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/12/n-f-l-divisional-round-probabilities/)

Dread-Head
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM

The last time Teblow faced Thomasina and Co Teblow got his muff-huggin' ASS kicked.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town.

Ignorance can be kind of funny, no?

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
"Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town. "

I was just in that town of yours in August...maybe it was a shot to call it a cattle town. I think the term Texico is the best way to put it. Great town none the less, can't wait to come down next year in my Ravens Super Bowl T-Shirt for our game.

Dread-Head
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM

:thinking:
Funny, but didn't the Colts hate Baltimore so much that they sneaked out in the middle of the night without even TELLING anyone they were going?

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM

I wonder if he would have the sack to say that to Cory Redding, Chykie Brown and Andre Gurode? :thinking:

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
The Colts left town in the middle of the night because Bob Irsay was a drunk? Don't think for a second that our players won't do whatever it takes to shove that in Indianapolis' face by bringing home the Lombardi in the town that took our team. Nice try though.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Funny, but didn't the Colts hate Baltimore so much that they sneaked out in the middle of the night without even TELLING anyone they were going?

They left to move to Indianapolis no less. They figured that was an upgrade.

majestrate
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
It's not my fault the Ravens have been consistently good over the past ferw years even with such a "bad" QB that has the most wins in 4 years compared to any other QB.
Um, if you're counting just regular season wins, Brady has Flacco by like 4 games. If you're counting post-season starting with the 2008-2009 season, he's tied with Brady.

Texans34Life
01-13-2012, 03:17 PM
It was about time the Baltimore troll(s) came out to **** up our message board.

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM

ummm... 2010...

the 11-5 New Orleans Saints get "trapped" by the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks...?
Ring any bells for ya?

Hardcore Texan
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
"Don't you love how people that have never spent any time in Houston perceive the 4th largest City in America as a cattle town. "

I was just in that town of yours in August...maybe it was a shot to call it a cattle town. I think the term Texico is the best way to put it. Great town none the less, can't wait to come down next year in my Ravens Super Bowl T-Shirt for our game.

:vincepalm:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
:vincepalm:

Maybe I can match intelligence with "Bitchmore" :rolleyes: Lame!

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM

ummm... I get confused.
which one is which?
:hides:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
ummm... I get confused.
which one is which?
:hides:

:spit:

I mean :heh:

I take it you've never heard any passages from the Book of Tebow and I don't want to stand anywhere close to you when lightening rods are thrown from the Heavens.

Hervoyel
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I think after the watching the previous game a few times this week that there are a lot of reasons for the Texans fans to be optimistic. If you see that most of us cite "Texans reasons" for why we will win and don't talk much about the Ravens it's because we know the Texans better. We know where they are in the course of their season and we know where we were back when we played Baltimore before.

To be honest I think this Texans team wins that game. The changes on defense are important. That was our first game without Mario Williams and it was Brooks Reed's first start. We were still getting the wrinkles worked out on that side of the ball and the defense you play Sunday should be much better than the one you saw then.

The offense is a mixed bag.

QB is less experienced but at the same time he's also more mobile than Schaub.

WR's are better than the first game (AJ is back) but there is the change in QB to consider.

RB's weren't particularly effective then but Foster seems to be gaining steam again. The OL is also getting back on track after missing Brisiel for a few weeks. How the run game goes I think will go a long way toward deciding the game.

How the Texans run and how well they protect the ball are enormous points.

The real problem for us is that this game isn't that game. It's later in the year, it will be colder, louder, more intense, and as much as the Texans have changed I imagine so have the Ravens.

I think they can do it. I know there's a lot of reasons why they might not but I think they can anyway.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I think after the watching the previous game a few times this week that there are a lot of reasons for the Texans fans to be optimistic. If you see that most of us cite "Texans reasons" for why we will win and don't talk much about the Ravens it's because we know the Texans better. We know where they are in the course of their season and we know where we were back when we played Baltimore before.

To be honest I think this Texans team wins that game. The changes on defense are important. That was our first game without Mario Williams and it was Brooks Reed's first start. We were still getting the wrinkles worked out on that side of the ball and the defense you play Sunday should be much better than the one you saw then.

The offense is a mixed bag.

QB is less experienced but at the same time he's also more mobile than Schaub.

WR's are better than the first game (AJ is back) but there is the change in QB to consider.

RB's weren't particularly effective then but Foster seems to be gaining steam again. The OL is also getting back on track after missing Brisiel for a few weeks. How the run game goes I think will go a long way toward deciding the game.

How the Texans run and how well they protect the ball are enormous points.

The real problem for us is that this game isn't that game. It's later in the year, it will be colder, louder, more intense, and as much as the Texans have changed I imagine so have the Ravens.

I think they can do it. I know there's a lot of reasons why they might not but I think they can anyway.

I believe James Casey was out during that game as well. They do a few different things with him in there.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
The Colts left town in the middle of the night because Bob Irsay was a drunk? ... Nice try though.
Perhaps it was because he was getting lonesome:

At the 2010 Census, there were 620,961 people residing in Baltimore, a decrease of −4.6% since 2000. According to the 2010 Census, 29.6% of the population was White, 63.7% Black , 0.4% American Indian and Alaska Native, 2.3% Asian, 0.2% from some other race (non-Hispanic) and 2.1% of two or more races. 4.2% of Baltimore's population was of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin ... Baltimore's population has continued to decline since 1950.

Premier
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
that baltimore game was brooks reed's first start, hes made some noise since then..

CloakNNNdagger
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Ravens vs. Texans: Baltimore Takes On Houston In First Home Playoff Game Under Coach Harbaugh
Ravens Texans Nfl Playoffs

By BARRY WILNER 01/13/12 11:29 AM ET AP

-- Ray Lewis hugged coach John Harbaugh and barked: "They're coming through Baltimore."

Yes, they are, Ray, at least this weekend.

The divisional round of the NFL playoffs will make a stop at the Inner Harbor on Sunday when the Ravens host the Houston Texans. It's the first home playoff game under Harbaugh, who led the team to a wild-card berth in his previous three seasons.

While the Ravens (12-4) don't have home-field advantage for the entire AFC playoffs unless New England loses Saturday night to Denver, it's a cozy start for Baltimore, which won all eight games at M&T Bank Stadium in 2011.

"If you look at wild-card weekend, I don't think that there was one home team that lost the whole weekend," Lewis said accurately. "When you get into that, it plays a big momentum. It's a big momentum swing for you. It's just hard to win on the road. I don't care who you are, I don't care how good you are, it's hard to win on the road.

"For us to work as hard as we did, get 12 wins, do the things we were supposed to do, and now get this home playoff game, we have positioned ourselves to be in the right place. Now we have to go finish it."

The divisional round begins Saturday with New Orleans (13-4) at San Francisco (13-3). It ends with the New York Giants (10-7) at defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay (15-1).

Houston lost 29-14 at Baltimore in October, when the Texans were healthier than they have been for the last six weeks. But they've dealt with their injuries so well that they won their first division crown and, last week in their postseason debut, beat the Bengals handily.

So if hosting a playoff game is relatively new for the Ravens – they have done it three times, but haven't won one since 2000, the year they took the Super Bowl – being in one is totally new this year for the Texans.

Also new would be a win over the Ravens, who are 5-0 against Houston.

"It's been pretty one-sided so, we've got to get on the board," tackle Eric Winston said. "At the same time, you've got to look back on it and I don't think a lot of that stuff is going to have a lot of bearing on this game either, though. So, there's different guys, there's a different situation and we all know from past experiences that playoffs, funny things happen in the playoffs and games turn out a lot different than they did in the regular season. So hopefully we can hold true to that."link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/ravens-vs-texans-nfl-playoffs-baltimore_n_1204848.html)

I'll choose to go into this game with the mindset that it's easy to stand in front of bulls. But it's dang hard to bring them down.

Perki-Perk
01-13-2012, 04:10 PM
To settle this argument, I have provided a list below concerning any team that has no chance this weekend.

AFC/NFC North

Bengals
Browns
Steelers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

AFC/NFC South

Colts
Titans
Jaguars
Falcons
Panthers
Buccaneers

AFC/NFC East

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
COWBOYS
Eagles
Redskins

AFC/NFC West

Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams

Teams not listed all have a chance.

Thank you, that is all.

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Dear Baltimore,

I used to live in your city, but I couldn't survive there.

Signed,

A profitable economy, jobs, "a good place to raise a family," and education.

Ole Miss Texan
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM

Yes

:peek:

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
My first thought is that you just asked a really silly question. Of course we think we are going to win. Just like you think you are going to win. It's b/c this is a Texans message board and this is our team.

My second thought is our defense is better than your defense. Our running game is better than your running game. Our 1 receiver is better than both your receivers combined. Our TE's are better than your TE's. Our offensive line is better than your offensive line.

The wild card is the QB position. If Yates plays up to his abilities and doesn't pull a Schaub and shrink under the lights, this games is ours to win or lose.

I like the Ravens. I think they are a damn good team, just ours is a little bit better.

I can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be a great game.

You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
[SIZE="3"]I'll choose to go into this game with the mindset that [B]it's easy to stand in front of bulls. But it's dang hard to bring them down.
And sometimes you get the horns...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f9vhLPLfwq8/TdsFc7rKjuI/AAAAAAAAAUc/R-ZAVYvvFzE/s1600/Spanish-Bull-Fighter-Pedro-Muriel-Gored-Where-It-Hurts.jpg <--Ravens purple

Premier
01-13-2012, 04:32 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f9vhLPLfwq8/TdsFc7rKjuI/AAAAAAAAAUc/R-ZAVYvvFzE/s1600/Spanish-Bull-Fighter-Pedro-Muriel-Gored-Where-It-Hurts.jpg

bulls on parade

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I tried to be nice to you but you need to shut your foolish mouth with that bandwagon garbage and baseless trash talk trolling.

You don't have a goddamn clue about the level of football the Houston Texans have played all season. I suggest you go take a look around Football Outsiders, Advanced NFL Stats, Cold Hard Football Facts, or the Shutdown Corner and get some basic education.

Lardarius Webb is a shut down corner.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
The Ravens WILL LOSE cause they have Bengal fail all over them.Go check out the Bengals board once their failure was complete, they starting to run over to Big Brothers bandwagon.
Once you have Bengal fail it takes at least a season to wash it off!
:texflag::fans::fans::texflag:

We fail every year, but now we have a home game against a rookie QB. I'll take my chances.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't "act" like anything. I know. Unlike you, I know how to respect another team's accomplishments but likewise to the bolded. No one here is scared.

This just in Flacco still sucks. Nice first round pick. :lol:

This just in. Flacco has more wins than any QB in NFL history in the first 4 years. How can you say Flacco sucks? You need to direct those comments at Matt Schaub. How many playoff wins does he have. Goose egg.

TEXANRED
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
You may want to go to your third thought. Flacco is easily better than Yates, which is most important. Yates has never experienced an atmosphere or situation like this. Game on.

I would disagree with that. Yates earlier this year went on the road to Cinny in his second NFL start and marched the Texans 80 yards in 2 minutes with no timeouts to win the game and the division in the last two seconds.

And this was against a team that was desperately trying to keep pace with Pit and Balti.

Its going to be a great game. Can't wait.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Just to throw some numbers at this toolbag's head....

LINK (http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/12/n-f-l-divisional-round-probabilities/)

I never said Yates was bad or terrible. He's a rookie QB that came in more than half way through the season. The QB is the leader of the team. How can you take the Texans over an experienced Ravens team. You surely can't be telling me you think the Texans D is better than the Steelers. Joe has only played them 8 times in his career plus playoffs. But that doesn't matter right?

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM

Yeah, you can get anything printed on a T-shirt if you pay the right people.
Keep on talking that trash...
But you know what...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BGYJgtntdNI/TOQcLTMzEXI/AAAAAAAAACI/pvX-kyJm8dc/s320/motivatore3d1c047ce3de83fc9f1b910eb9b90901ec9afb4. jpg

Thorn
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM
How can you say Flacco sucks?

This way.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E76qxdTmheI/Sgbgmia86_I/AAAAAAAABxY/VXysWLmEyII/s400/raven.jpg

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM

haha it's a joke why are you getting so upset. I realize it's not a "cattle town."

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM

You didn't beat THIS Texans team with Andre Johnson though. Need I remind you that last year's team had the worst defense in the league.

The Ravens are 5-0 against the Texans. This is the most widely used argument for saying the Ravens have this one wrapped up in the bag. There is a major problem with this argument...

Ravens/Texans matchups
2002 23-19 Ravens (Our inaugural season but you guys won a dogfight)
2005 16-15 Ravens (5th ranked defense against David Carr led 30th offense)
2008 41-13 Ravens (2nd ranked defense; Lost Matt Schaub the previous game; Sage Rosenfels filled in 1 TD 4 INT need I say more?)
2010 34-28 Ravens (10th ranked defense; Down 21 points came back to force OT)
2011 29-14 Ravens

This argument is irrelevant, because neither teams have the same pieces in the previous games. Of the 5 games Schaub only appeared in 2010 and 2011, but only had Johnson for the MNF game last year. If you don't think Andre Johnson will affect the game, you will be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I know we don't have Schaub, but this team is the best team we've ever had. So while Schaub is better than Yates, Johnson will be the X-factor that allows us to stay in the game until the end (and possibly pull off the upset).

TEXANRED
01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I never said Yates was bad or terrible. He's a rookie QB that came in more than half way through the season. The QB is the leader of the team. How can you take the Texans over an experienced Ravens team. You surely can't be telling me you think the Texans D is better than the Steelers. Joe has only played them 8 times in his career plus playoffs. But that doesn't matter right?

How could you take Trent Dilfer over Steve McNair? Sometimes it's about the entire team and not just the QB.

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 04:41 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f9vhLPLfwq8/TdsFc7rKjuI/AAAAAAAAAUc/R-ZAVYvvFzE/s1600/Spanish-Bull-Fighter-Pedro-Muriel-Gored-Where-It-Hurts.jpg <--Ravens purple

Rep for finding a victim wearing the appropriate colors.

Edit: Must spread rep...
...crap

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Um you may want to refresh your Baltimore football knowledge. You mean the alcoholic owner that snuck the team out? That's right. John Elway also decided not to come here when we drafted him. Don't blame that issue on the whole team. It was one person's choice. Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history? Sometimes things don't work out the way they should.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Sometimes things don't work out the way they should.

Agreed. :lol:

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Dear Baltimore,

Signed,

Dear House of Pain,

Thank you for leaving. Only the CEO of IBM and the creators of Under Armour come from here. But not big deal. Maryland has one of the lowest unemployment rates. I'm not sure what you're basing your statement off of. Some people fight through adversity, others work hard and fight through it.

Stemp
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Um you may want to refresh your Baltimore football knowledge. ....Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history?

:spit: Now that is funny!!

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Doesn't Houston have only 1 playoff win in its history?

You're right. We are 1-0 all time in the playoffs, with a 100% winning percentage.

Jaysol
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Rep for finding a victim wearing the appropriate colors.

Edit: Must spread rep...
...crap

Got him for ya.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I would disagree with that. Yates earlier this year went on the road to Cinny in his second NFL start and marched the Texans 80 yards in 2 minutes with no timeouts to win the game and the division in the last two seconds.

And this was against a team that was desperately trying to keep pace with Pit and Balti.

Its going to be a great game. Can't wait.

I agree. It will be a great game. Never once said Houston sucked or can't win, but I'll def. talk trash with everyone. It's fun and harmless. The Ravens have lost before to worse teams than the Texans and we've gone through heart break losses against the Steelers. Our team has been here before and so has our QB. You can't tell me that means nothing.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Joe Flacco has never experienced the an atmosphere or situation like this (his 1st HOME playoff game). He's used to being on the root and getting booed. The pressure is on the Ravens. Let's look at it like this. The Ravens have more to lose than the Texans. The Ravens cannot afford to lose this game. The Texans can actually face their fans if they lost, because of the adversity we've faced this year and the way we've persevered through it (unlike past seasons).

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
You didn't beat THIS Texans team with Andre Johnson though. Need I remind you that last year's team had the worst defense in the league.

The Ravens are 5-0 against the Texans. This is the most widely used argument for saying the Ravens have this one wrapped up in the bag. There is a major problem with this argument...

Ravens/Texans matchups
2002 23-19 Ravens (Our inaugural season but you guys won a dogfight)
2005 16-15 Ravens (5th ranked defense against David Carr led 30th offense)
2008 41-13 Ravens (2nd ranked defense; Lost Matt Schaub the previous game; Sage Rosenfels filled in 1 TD 4 INT need I say more?)
2010 34-28 Ravens (10th ranked defense; Down 21 points came back to force OT)
2011 29-14 Ravens

This argument is irrelevant, because neither teams have the same pieces in the previous games. Of the 5 games Schaub only appeared in 2010 and 2011, but only had Johnson for the MNF game last year. If you don't think Andre Johnson will affect the game, you will be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I know we don't have Schaub, but this team is the best team we've ever had. So while Schaub is better than Yates, Johnson will be the X-factor that allows us to stay in the game until the end (and possibly pull off the upset).

Why does everyone say "this" team. We've beaten the Texans with Andre before, I don't understand. He's one of the top WRs in the game, we know that. All it takes is pressure on Yates and Andre is nonexistent.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 04:54 PM
This just in. Flacco has more wins than any QB in NFL history in the first 4 years. How can you say Flacco sucks? You need to direct those comments at Matt Schaub. How many playoff wins does he have. Goose egg.

Yeah I'm sure it was Flacco who won all those games. :gun:

Joe Flacco's career playoffs record 4-3. I'm sure it was him not your defense that led yal to this record.

@ Mia 9 for 23, 135 yards, 0 TD 0 INT Win
@ Ten 11 for 22, 161 yards, 1 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 13 for 30, 141 yards, 0 TD 3 INT Loss

@ NE 4 for 10, 34 yards, 0 TD 1 INT Win (Who gets 34 passing yards in a win against NE of all teams).
@ IND 20 for 35, 189 yards, 0 TD 2 INT Loss

@ KC 25 FOR 34, 265 yards, 2 TD 0 INT Win
@ Pit 16 for 30, 125 yards, 1 TD 1 INT Loss

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Why does everyone say "this" team. We've beaten the Texans with Andre before, I don't understand. He's one of the top WRs in the game, we know that. All it takes is pressure on Yates and Andre is nonexistent.

Because THIS team has a top rated defense. The team you beat Andre Johnson had the worst defense in the NFL. There's a BIG difference. ;)

BTW 9 catches 140 yard 2 TDs

#I'mjustsaying

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Joe Flacco has never experienced the an atmosphere or situation like this (his 1st HOME playoff game). He's used to being on the root and getting booed. The pressure is on the Ravens. Let's look at it like this. The Ravens have more to lose than the Texans. The Ravens cannot afford to lose this game. The Texans can actually face their fans if they lost, because of the adversity we've faced this year and the way we've persevered through it (unlike past seasons).

And no one has taken that away from you. I agree, the Ravens have more on the line than the Texans but that doesn't take away the Ravens chances of winning. Our secondary and pass rush is better. That's a deadly combo. Ray rice getting consistent carries will open up the passing game. Obviously, anyone can win on any given day but I think it has to be in Baltimore's corner.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
cornball shiit..

Exactly what I thought when I read that. Either dude was really around in the 40's and he's just a grumpy old bastage, or he is a pre-teen who talks mess on his moms computer.

...fell off your dinosaur? You've got to do better than that man.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Because THIS team has a top rated defense. The team you beat Andre Johnson had the worst defense in the NFL. There's a BIG difference. ;)

BTW 9 catches 140 yard 2 TDs

#I'mjustsaying

Derrick Mason also had 2 TDs. Individual stats don't matter. My point is even if Andre has another break out game, that doesn't mean it's all over. We have just as good (if not better) of a defense as well.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree. It will be a great game. Never once said Houston sucked or can't win, but I'll def. talk trash with everyone. It's fun and harmless. The Ravens have lost before to worse teams than the Texans and we've gone through heart break losses against the Steelers. Our team has been here before and so has our QB. You can't tell me that means nothing.

Playoff experience means a lot, and you guys have tons more than us. But a playoff game is different each individual time. To be honest, I don't like our chances. The Texans have to play way above their normal best to win this one. But as I've said before, we've done that before, and we can do it again.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Exactly what I thought when I read that. Either dude was really around in the 40's and he's just a grumpy old bastage, or he is a pre-teen who talks mess on his moms computer.

...fell off your dinosaur? You've got to do better than that man.

Actually, it would be a work computer because it's slow today and no other Ravens videos to watch.

Second, the dinosaur line is from Step Brothers. Please tell me you've seen this.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
And no one has taken that away from you. I agree, the Ravens have more on the line than the Texans but that doesn't take away the Ravens chances of winning. Our secondary and pass rush is better. That's a deadly combo. Ray rice getting consistent carries will open up the passing game. Obviously, anyone can win on any given day but I think it has to be in Baltimore's corner.

You're done sir. Who said the Ravens didn't have a chance? They are the favorites. I've been to the Ravens board, they feel like they are "entitled" to an automatic win because they have "been here before" and they are "5-0 against the Texans". Well I just put those claims to rest in my earlier statement. It's anybody's game.

TexansBlood
01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
YouGotNgata92 you need to go get checked up by a doctor, your e-penis is on fire.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Playoff experience means a lot, and you guys have tons more than us. But a playoff game is different each individual time. To be honest, I don't like our chances. The Texans have to play way above their normal best to win this one. But as I've said before, we've done that before, and we can do it again.

That's a realistic comment finally. There is hope! Each team has a chance, but Ravens at home rarely lose. I know teams can beat good home teams on the road. We destroyed Brady b**ch in his own home in the playoffs. Best feeling ever.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
YouGotNgata92 you need to go get checked up by a doctor, your e-penis is on fire.

You really think I'm doing that good. That's nice, but I don't swing that way my Texan brother. If I did sure, but you'll have to find someone else.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Derrick Mason also had 2 TDs. Individual stats don't matter. My point is even if Andre has another break out game, that doesn't mean it's all over. We have just as good (if not better) of a defense as well.

Yeah against the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY. BTW He's not even participating in this game. Johnson's game overshadows his anyway because it was coming back from 21 down against a top ranked defense. Who said the Ravens defense isn't good? Go whine on the Ravens board about respect (I've seen plenty of post crying the same song). As I've said before, it's anybody's game.I give you guys the advantage. But it's going to be a tough game for both teams.

Thorn
What? You didn't like my dead raven on the road pic?

Well, whatever. Sunday can't get here soon enough for either of us, I'm sure.

YouGotNgata92
You're done sir. Who said the Ravens didn't have a chance? They are the favorites. I've been to the Ravens board, they feel like they are "entitled" to an automatic win because they have "been here before" and they are "5-0 against the Texans". Well I just put those claims to rest in my earlier statement. It's anybody's game.

That's the whole reason I'm not on the Ravens board. I don't want to hear the homer only comments. I want the Texans fans to go back and forth and hear why they think they'll win. Much more entertaining.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah against the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY. BTW He's not even participating in this game. Johnson's game overshadows his anyway because it was coming back from 21 down against a top ranked defense. Who said the Ravens defense isn't good? Go whine on the Ravens board about respect (I've seen plenty of post crying the same song). As I've said before, it's anybody's game.I give you guys the advantage. But it's going to be a tough game for both teams.

Getting respect doesn't win games. I don't care who ESPN picks. It doesn't matter. I'd rather argue with the opposing team. I want to hear both sides.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Actually, it would be a work computer because it's slow today and no other Ravens videos to watch.

Second, the dinosaur line is from Step Brothers. Please tell me you've seen this.

Congrats on remembering a line from a movie. Your football knowledge is only surpassed by your uncanny ability to recall mildly witty phrases from a movie.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
That's the whole reason I'm not on the Ravens board. I don't want to hear the homer only comments. I want the Texans fans to go back and forth and hear why they think they'll win. Much more entertaining.

Well fine then stop crying about respect like the "homers" on the Ravens board and talk about football.

Dutchrudder
01-13-2012, 05:10 PM

The Bills definitely aren't... Nor the Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, etc etc...

The Ravens have been pretty consistent throughout this season though, going 3-1 in each quarter. No big losing streaks or anything. The losses came at the hands of a sputtering offense though, and if they can't get Ray Ray going against the Texans then Houston will have a good shot of winning.

I think the reason people say the Texans have gotten much better after week 6 is that they went on a 7 game winning streak after that. That got us to 10-3, locked up the division and we coasted the last three games. Then they came out against the Bengals and destroyed them. That's the team I expect to show up on Sunday, the one that plays lights out and never lets up.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Congrats on remembering a line from a movie. Your football knowledge is only surpassed by your uncanny ability to recall mildly witty phrases from a movie.

Thank you. Congrats on your first playoff win. You really deserved. Yates will take you all the way. Unfortunately, we have the better team. You'll find out Sunday.

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
And here we figured you were banned from the bird forums. :hmmm:

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
The Bills definitely aren't... Nor the Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, etc etc...

The Ravens have been pretty consistent throughout this season though, going 3-1 in each quarter. No big losing streaks or anything. The losses came at the hands of a sputtering offense though, and if they can't get Ray Ray going against the Texans then Houston will have a good shot of winning.

I think the reason people say the Texans have gotten much better after week 6 is that they went on a 7 game winning streak after that. That got us to 10-3, locked up the division and we coasted the last three games. Then they came out against the Bengals and destroyed them. That's the team I expect to show up on Sunday, the one that plays lights out and never lets up.

Yeah, I saw there win streak after. But they also lost the last 3 games, one of them being the Colts. I've just never seen so many confident fans from a team that just won their first playoff game and has a rookie QB. I'll talk trash with anyone whether I know I'm wrong or not, but I'm still anxious to see what happens Sunday.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Well fine then stop crying about respect like the "homers" on the Ravens board and talk about football.

I never said we need respect. Respect doesn't win games!!!

drs23
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Ya left out Jesusbow.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I saw there win streak after. But they also lost the last 3 games, one of them being the Colts. I've just never seen so many confident fans from a team that just won their first playoff game and has a rookie QB. I'll talk trash with anyone whether I know I'm wrong or not, but I'm still anxious to see what happens Sunday.

We lost the Colts? No really? Seriously if that what helps you sleep at night then go ahead and keep repeating. But this is beginning to sound like a broken record. Yeah we lost to the Colts but we never scored 7 points in a game ALL SEASON. You see it goes both ways.

BTW
You guys were average 29 PPG going into our matchup in week5, but you guys ended the season scoring 23 PPG. We went from 27 PPG and ended the season 24 PPG.What happened? We lost our starting QB and his backup (and played most of the season without Andre Johnson). You guys still have Flacco. ;)

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM

Have you really looked at Flacco's playoff stats?

Of course you have, you're a Ravens homer.

Then you know, like I know that Flacco has only had ONE GAME where he threw for 200 yds in the playoffs.
One.
Game.

The Ravens' playoff record is 4-3 with Flacco under center.
Not bad. Until you look at Flacco's stats.
98 of 184 for 905 yds; 4TDs and 7 INTs. On average that's 14 of 26+ for 129.3 for just over half a TD/gm and exactly 1 INT/gm. And the one good game he had that inflates his stats was last year against a Chiefs team that had no business in the playoffs.

All that to point out that Flacco has seven playoff appearances on his resume' and doesn't seem to be appreciably better than Yates.
Seems like they won in spite of Flacco, not because of him.

No wonder you're worried.

Ought to be an interesting game.

:D

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Dear House of Pain,

Thank you for leaving. Only the CEO of IBM and the creators of Under Armour come from here. But not big deal. Maryland has one of the lowest unemployment rates. I'm not sure what you're basing your statement off of. Some people fight through adversity, others work hard and fight through it.

Hey there smart guy! I was talking about that pile of filth you call a city by Chesapeake Bay, not the rest of your state, which I would imagine is quite respectable. I think you just proved the 'education' part of my letter! God, I love it when I'm right!

I just figured that with all the 'research' you did about Houston, I'd repay the favor. I mean, your police force let criminals sell drugs in your western district? In Houston (let alone Texas), that **** wouldn't fly. Have fun spinning around on that turd you call a city when you are getting flushed into the Atlantic this weekend.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Have you really looked at Flacco's playoff stats?

Of course you have, you're a Ravens homer.

Then you know, like I know that Flacco has only had ONE GAME where he threw for 200 yds in the playoffs.
One.
Game.

The Ravens' playoff record is 4-3 with Flacco under center.
Not bad. Until you look at Flacco's stats.
98 of 184 for 905 yds; 4TDs and 7 INTs. On average that's 14 of 26+ for 129.3 for just over half a TD/gm and exactly 1 INT/gm. And the one good game he had that inflates his stats was last year against a Chiefs team that had no business in the playoffs.

All that to point out that Flacco has seven playoff appearances on his resume' and doesn't seem to be appreciably better than Yates.
Seems like they won in spite of Flacco, not because of him.

No wonder you're worried.

Ought to be an interesting game.

:D

I'm always worried because any team can win. I would easily take Flacco over Yates in this playoff game. Our team doesn't rely on Joe stop placing so much emphasis on it. At every position we have playmakers. We aren't the Patriots or the Colts who lost Peyton and their world ended. Flacco has rarely been able to win games by himself. He's not Brady or Brees and no one says he is.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey there smart guy! I was talking about that pile of filth you call a city by Chesapeake Bay, not the rest of your state, which I would imagine is quite respectable. I think you just proved the 'education' part of my letter! God, I love it when I'm right!

I just figured that with all the 'research' you did about Houston, I'd repay the favor. I mean, your police force let criminals sell drugs in your western district? In Houston (let alone Texas), that **** wouldn't fly. Have fun spinning around on that turd you call a city when you are getting flushed into the Atlantic this weekend.

That's what happens when people don't care about the Bay. Since you aren't here anymore, there's a project going on to clean it up but thinks for informing me. I don't live anywhere near the city, so you talking bad about it doesn't matter. Still a nice place to go. Back to football.

You've won ONE playoff game haha. Doesn't that kill you? Your team has consistently choked. What makes you think they won't this year. Always high expectations with no results. Sure, the Ravens have a lot of pressure to win but so do the Texans. If they lose, just another crappy end to the season followed by more and more excuses. It's nice to have a team where the owners and GMs care and know how to consistently put a winning football team on the field. It must suck to be let down year after year and now barely making the playoffs.

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm always worried because any team can win. I would easily take Flacco over Yates in this playoff game. Our team doesn't rely on Joe stop placing so much emphasis on it. At every position we have playmakers. We aren't the Patriots or the Colts who lost Peyton and their world ended. Flacco has rarely been able to win games by himself. He's not Brady or Brees and no one says he is.

Our team doesn't rely on Yates. So stop placing so much emphasis on it.:aggressive:

Also, you aren't the Texans who lost Matt Schaub and his backup. Our world is still in rotation. ;)

OntRavenFan
01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Wow your post made me see the light, I mean there is no chance BALT slips in a bad game (BAL 7 @ JAC 12 - BAL 13 @ TEN 26 - BAL 17 @ SEA 22). The Texans dont match up at all with BALT (both top 5 DEF - both top 10 Run Off HOU #2 BALT #10) BALT is at home so I guess HOU should just stay home and get an early start on the offseason because no teams ever lose at home right. I say lets play the game and see what happens we will support our team and you support yours.

We also played 5 games against top 5 defenses (5-0), 11 games in total against top 10 Defenses (9-2) Regular season so far.

Texans played 6 top 10 Defenses (5-1), 1 top 5 Defense which happens to be the Ravens. (0-1)

Strength of Victory ratings Ravens .484 - Houston .413

Stats are stats and we can all pull stats to support our claim. In the end our 2 teams are going to play Sunday. The best team on that day, at that time will be the winner.

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM

I find it ironic that you could replace your team with the Texans, and your statement would still be true. I'm not doubting that Flacco is a more experienced QB, but we don't rely on Yates (or Schaub) to win games and we have playmakers at every position.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Our team doesn't rely on Yates. So stop placing so much emphasis on it.:aggressive:

Also, you aren't the Texans who lost Matt Schaub and his backup. Our world is still in rotation. ;)

You're right. Schaub out increases our chances so thanks for pointing that out.

ObsiWan
01-13-2012, 05:36 PM

But, except for Rice, those playmakers depend on a QB that can effectively get the ball to them...

Hence, the emphasis on Flacco.

Okay, let's go this direction...
Who's your offensive coordinator again? How creative is he? Can he outfox Ole Wade and his young & hungry horde?

Ought to be an interesting game...
:gotexans1

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
That's what happens when people don't care about the Bay. Since you aren't here anymore, there's a project going on to clean it up but thinks for informing me. I don't live anywhere near the city, so you talking bad about it doesn't matter. Still a nice place to go. Back to football.

You've won ONE playoff game haha. Doesn't that kill you? Your team has consistently choked. What makes you think they won't this year. Always high expectations with no results. Sure, the Ravens have a lot of pressure to win but so do the Texans. If they lose, just another crappy end to the season followed by more and more excuses. It's nice to have a team where the owners and GMs care and know how to consistently put a winning football team on the field. It must suck to be let down year after year and now barely making the playoffs.

We lost some pressure in week 10, along with our starting QB. A little more pressure was alleviated the following game, when we lost his backup. The pressure tempered even more when we lost 3 games backing into our first ever playoff game. The pressure was completely obliterated, when we beat the Bengals last week. You guys still have pressure. You are 4-3 over the past 4 years, and nothing to show for it but...4-3. The Ravens haven't had a home game is several years. They are 0-2 in the playoffs when winning their division. They better win. Of course if this thought creeps into their psyche it could spell disaster for Baltimore.

Wolf
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
this was a nice version of smack talk in the OP

I mean come on.. you ask a question of why we think Flacco sucks ..being he practices with a very good defense..and you play the steelers twice .......

then comes with the "Do you honestly believe..."

then with that a little crawdad action of ...."I think it will be close"

with that said.
I think it will be close.. it depends on which defense can shut down the run(Andre will help keep the safeties somewhat honest) .. I think Flacco can make more plays than Yates (due to experience) .. however I do think Kubiak can help Yates but he still is a rookie..

well atleast,for me, I don't hate the ravens, except this weekend .. however some of the Texan fans favorites were two piss-knockers .. Pollard and Leach.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I find it ironic that you could replace your team with the Texans, and your statement would still be true. I'm not doubting that Flacco is a more experienced QB, but we don't rely on Yates (or Schaub) to win games and we have playmakers at every position.

Running backs don't move the ball on us. So if you don't rely on Yates, you must rely on Foster/Tate. I'll take any D we've had since 2000 against them. All the Ravens D does well consistently is stop the run.

Your avatar is nice too. Such high hopes for a team that's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. What will you change it to next, Houston Rockets World Champion?

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:39 PM
You're right. Schaub out increases our chances so thanks for pointing that out.

True. Schaub's absence does lower our chances of victory. But Andre Johnson's return increase our chance. Therefore it's anyone's game, and the pressure is on the Ravens. ;)

Wolf
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM

exactly.. I am not very confident in this game.. and mainly because these teams are so evenly matched and playing on the road.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
this was a nice version of smack talk in the OP

I mean come on.. you ask a question of why we think Flacco sucks ..being he practices with a very good defense..and you play the steelers twice .......

then comes with the "Do you honestly believe..."

then with that a little crawdad action of ...."I think it will be close"

with that said.
I think it will be close.. it depends on which defense can shut down the run(Andre will help keep the safeties somewhat honest) .. I think Flacco can make more plays than Yates (due to experience) .. however I do think Kubiak can help Yates but he still is a rookie..

well atleast,for me, I don't hate the ravens, except this weekend .. however some of the Texan fans favorites were two piss-knockers .. Pollard and Leach.

It was fun getting everything stirred up. And yeah, I did end it with I think it will be close because I can stop drinking the purple kool aid for a second. Trashing talking before the game is one of the funnest things a sports fan can do IMO.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
It was fun getting everything stirred up. And yeah, I did end it with I think it will be close because I can stop drinking the purple kool aid for a second. Trashing talking before the game is one of the funnest things a sports fan can do IMO.

Yeah, well, for the sheer entertainment value of it all, you did a nice job. :lol:

cbs1507
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Running backs don't move the ball on us. So if you don't rely on Yates, you must rely on Foster/Tate. I'll take any D we've had since 2000 against them. All the Ravens D does well consistently is stop the run.

Your avatar is nice too. Such high hopes for a team that's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. What will you change it to next, Houston Rockets World Champion?

RBs don't move the ball on us very well either. It goes both ways. We've been solid against the run for the past 3 or 4 season.

BTW Does Baltimore even have an NBA team? Thought so. Nice try on the Rockets comment. Go Wizards?

Wolf
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM

except I heard the sweeps can hurt the ravens(not up the middle that is for sure)

I believe I saw the left side, opponents averaged about 5 yards or so ..

*disclaimer*.. I read that somewhere, but honestly have to find the link and being I have been surfing around I am not sure if it was a blog or actually a reputable source

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM

When you write a letter, do you know how to find out who wrote it to you? You probably think you do, but I have evidence that says otherwise. My original post to you:

Dear Baltimore,

Signed,

As you can tell by the quoted language above, I attempted to use a form of literature called 'Anthropomorphism.' This term means that you give human characteristics to a non-living thing (in this case, four things: A profitable economy, jobs, 'a good place to raise a family' and education") in order to create a humorous situation.

JUST TO HELP YOU OUT...I (the user "House of Pain") did not write this letter to the city of Baltimore. I actually pretended that negative characteristics about your city wrote a letter to Baltimore.

I really hope this helps! Reading is fundamental!

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
You must not watch Raven's games. How do you think they move they ball? Ray Rice accounts for 38% of your teams offense. Most in the NFL. From the our last meeting alone, I can tell you that Flacco does not make those big plays if he does not have the threat of Ray Rice.

BTW Does Baltimore even have an NBA team? Thought so. Nice try on the Rockets comment.

Haha I was waiting for the NBA comment back. Another team getting ripped away from us, but luckily, the Wizards (still bullets in my mind) are only 45 mins away. Yes, they suck, I know.

thunderkyss
01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd take Flacco over Yates/Schaub all day.

Now that's just stupid......

http://www.gadflyonline.com/wpblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/John-Wayne-in-True-Grit-1-0011.jpg

Kimmy

Winning is funner!
obscure Legally Blonde Reference (since we're quoting movies)

YouGotNgata92
except I heard the sweeps can hurt the ravens(not up the middle that is for sure)

I believe I saw the left side, opponents averaged about 5 yards or so ..

*disclaimer*.. I read that somewhere, but honestly have to find the link and being I have been surfing around I am not sure if it was a blog or actually a reputable source

That's where Chris Johnson had his big runs in the Titans game until he got hurt luckily. Back in '09.

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Winning is funner!
obscure Legally Blonde Reference (since we're quoting movies)

haha that's true

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
When you write a letter, do you know how to find out who wrote it to you? You probably think you do, but I have evidence that says otherwise. My original post to you:

As you can tell by the quoted language above, I attempted to use a form of literature called 'Anthropomorphism.' This term means that you give human characteristics to a non-living thing (in this case, four things: A profitable economy, jobs, 'a good place to raise a family' and education") in order to create a humorous situation.

JUST TO HELP YOU OUT...I (the user "House of Pain") did not write this letter to the city of Baltimore. I actually pretended that negative characteristics about your city wrote a letter to Baltimore.

I really hope this helps! Reading is fundamental!

Easy there "guy who tries hard to make people sound stupid because it makes him feel better." Getting away from the football talk? Apparently, football isn't your strong point since you have a picture that references the Texans and Super Bowl. This would be an oxymoron. Do you need be to define that for you? Probably not. You're the king of definitions apparently.

House of Pain
01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Easy there "guy who tries hard to make people sound stupid because it makes him feel better." Getting away from the football talk? Apparently, football isn't your strong point since you have a picture that references the Texans and Super Bowl. This would be an oxymoron. Do you need be to define that for you? Probably not. You're the king of definitions apparently.

Talk football? With you? C'mon! I'm looking for a real discussion. If I wanted someone to listen to ESPN and repeat what their talking heads say, I'd just turn the TV on.

Everyone on here knows that you wouldn't be here talking trash unless at least a part of you thought your team is in big trouble. You are exhibiting a classic case of projection. Rest assured, the end is near. The Texans will put you out of your misery and you can get back to writing love letters to Joe Flacco about why having a sub-60% completion percentage (this season) and being historically terrible (at least "below average") in the playoffs is not his fault. Maybe you could get some advice from Jets fans about how to pretend to have a good QB when they really are just mediocre?

EllisUnit
01-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Cause your on Texanstalk.com the first word should be a clue dumb ass

YouGotNgata92
01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Talk football? With you? C'mon! I'm looking for a real discussion. If I wanted someone to listen to ESPN and repeat what their talking heads say, I'd just turn the TV on.

Everyone on here knows that you wouldn't be here talking trash unless at least a part of you thought your team is in big trouble. You are exhibiting a classic case of projection. Rest assured, the end is near. The Texans will put you out of your misery and you can get back to writing love letters to Joe Flacco about why having a sub-60% completion percentage (this season) and being historically terrible (at least "below average") in the playoffs is not his fault. Maybe you could get some advice from Jets fans about how to pretend to have a good QB when they really are just mediocre?

I'll be the first one to say Joe is an average QB. Winning a SB with Trent Dilfer made me believe you don't have to have an elite QB to win. It's a team game. With that being said, I go to each opposing fans forums to trash talk with them. Occasionally, I'll run into the fan that thinks he knows so much more than everyone else, but I didn't think someone like you would be boasting about the Texans. They're a good team. But that's it. You've probably said this everytime the Texans have high expectations than crawl back to your hole whining and bi***ing wishing you had a team every year like the Ravens. I'm absolutely nervous, but I don't try to be a hard@ss on a forum. Your team hasn't done anything spectacular for you to be guaranteeing a win.

Well, its Friday night and I actually have a life. When I get back from the bars, I'm sure you'll be here all night continue your worthless posts. So, have fun on the forum and don't get to crazy old man. Peace

Wolf
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
would be nice to see a torch passing this weekend along with a "W" (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/52148/ray-lewis-respects-brian-cushings-game)
:stirpot:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Well this is where you should be able to talk some football... I know, right? What a novel idea, huh?

Some dumbasses just: a) don't follow the rules b) are too stupid to recognize there is a forum for "smack talk" and finally c) have small penis syndrome.

OntRavenFan
01-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Um, if you're counting just regular season wins, Brady has Flacco by like 4 games. If you're counting post-season starting with the 2008-2009 season, he's tied with Brady.

I think he meant first 4 years in the nfl.

Texanmike02
01-13-2012, 06:32 PM
The Colts left town in the middle of the night because Bob Irsay was a drunk? Don't think for a second that our players won't do whatever it takes to shove that in Indianapolis' face by bringing home the Lombardi in the town that took our team. Nice try though.

Hey, I've got news for you. None of the current Ravens were Colts fans circa 1984. Its not personal for them like it is you. Sure they would love to win in Indy but if you have a single player who gets more amped up because it is in Indy then you should kick them off of the team. Just saying.

Mike

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Let's see if Mr Raven fan has the balls to come back if the Ravens lose.

And I haven't seen anyone guaranteeing a Texans win, you asked if anyone honestly thought they were going to win.

I'm as pessimistic as anyone lately and these are 2 very similar teams right now. Good defenses, good running games, inexperienced QB and one that sucks.

The Ravens are the better team I believe, doesn't mean they will win.

EllisUnit
01-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Let's see if Mr Raven fan has the balls to come back if the Ravens lose.

And I haven't seen anyone guaranteeing a Texans win, you asked if anyone honestly thought they were going to win.

I'm as pessimistic as anyone lately and these are 2 very similar teams right now. Good defenses, good running games, inexperienced QB and one that sucks.

The Ravens are the better team I believe, doesn't mean they will win.

i KNOW they will win, yougotngata92 is just a complete moron, who should of stayed on his own message board if he wanted to see fans blowing the ravens like they are the best thing since ice cream :gun:

Wolf
01-13-2012, 06:37 PM
I think he meant first 4 years in the nfl.

your probably right..

on a side note sometimes I hate pulling up stats between the years..because one can shorten or lengthen the years to fit their agenda

sometimes stats reminds me of Mr Baseball (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104926/quotes)
LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!
:texanbill:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Well this is where you should be able to talk some football... I know, right? What a novel idea, huh?

Some dumbasses just: a) don't follow the rules b) are too stupid to recognize there is a forum for "smack talk" and finally c) have small penis syndrome.

Just wanted to quote myself so that it didn't get buried on the last page. :turtle:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 06:44 PM
What happened to YouGotNgata92? Did mom call him in for dinner??

EllisUnit
01-13-2012, 06:50 PM
What happened to YouGotNgata92? Did mom call him in for dinner??

he must of realized he was cornered and in a no win situation. i mean he should of known this would happen creating such a dumb ass thread.

PapaL
01-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Really? This has got to be the most ridiculous thread ever. Let's just hand them the Trophy and end the playoffs now. Better yet, let's rename all team boards to the Ravens. Better yet, let's rename the Internet too.

Funny part is, Ravens aren't even the most popular team in this God forsaken state.

OntRavenFan
01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
your probably right..

on a side note sometimes I hate pulling up stats between the years..because one can shorten or lengthen the years to fit their agenda

sometimes stats reminds me of Mr Baseball (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104926/quotes)

:texanbill:

I agree! I keep saying the same thing. I'm sure most of us could pull stats, twist and turn them attempting to prove our point.

If you read the Ravens Board, it's no different compared to this one. Most are confident in a win, some are unrealistically over-confident. What's left (the realistic ones) believe this is going to be a tough game and we expect a win, but in no way do we think we're just walk over the Texans.

Khari
01-13-2012, 07:03 PM
of course we think we're gonna win......we're fans lol :)

:truck:

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 07:04 PM
he must of realized he was cornered and in a no win situation. i mean he should of known this would happen creating such a dumb ass thread.

Probably so........ Or, he has to do sit down at the dinner table and then do his homework, shower and be in bed by 9:00.

Really? This has got to be the most ridiculous thread ever. Let's just hand them the Trophy and end the playoffs now. Better yet, let's rename all team boards to the Ravens. Better yet, let's rename the Internet too.

Funny part is, Ravens aren't even the most popular team in this God forsaken state.

Really??? REALLY????? You think this is the most ridiculous thread ever? :lol: Dude's smack is lame... Flaming Sparrow (RIP) is up above laughing at this dude.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, if nothing else, that damn OP started the fastest growing thead I've seen around here in a long time. LOL

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
of course we think we're gonna win......we're fans lol :)

:truck:

Water is wet, the sky is blue? Unless of course it was earlier this week when it was black. ;)

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, if nothing else, that damn OP started the fastest growing thead I've seen around here in a long time. LOL

Ignorance is like blood in the water in a shark tank!!

Lurvinator11
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM

I know this isn't a movie criticing thread.....but that movie SUCKED! Just like every other Will Ferrell movie......:mariopalm:

b0ng
01-13-2012, 07:12 PM
This guy won't be back Sunday evening so get your jabs in now.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 07:22 PM
In re-watching the game, there was the obligatory "Houston, you have a problem" sign.. When are people going to understand that Apollo 13 was a successful flight mission?? They overcame adversity and prevailed...

Dumbasses!

Lurvinator11
01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
If we do win, I hope he comes back and takes his medicine like a man! Probably won't....but oh well. Reading his posts though, makes me want the Texans to win so much more.....Please get that victory boys!

Heath Shuler
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
YouGotNgata92 after Bad Flacco turns the ball over at an alarming rate.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JgiHU0bZ28Y/SUXS9E7_BgI/AAAAAAAABYU/LjmvCjBG8a4/s400/Baltimore%20Fan.jpg

Playoffs
01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Well, its Friday night and I actually have a life. When I get back from the bars, I'm sure you'll be here all night continue your worthless posts. So, have fun on the forum and don't get to crazy old man. Peace
Tell you what, let's have a bet.

Texans win: you post a picture doing the TD bow, a la Arian Foster...

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/Arian-Foster-USPstoryBow.jpg

Ravens win: we'll post a murder mugshot of one of us, a la Ray Lewis...
http://www.waiverreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ray-lewis-mugshot1-300x237.jpg

Deal? :truck:

Heath Shuler
01-13-2012, 07:34 PM
http://blog.jacknealy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/flacco_suck2.jpg

thunderkyss
01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Some people fight through adversity, others work hard and fight through it.

& then some people fight it...........

:kitten:

You "people" in Baltimore crack me up.

Topher
01-13-2012, 07:55 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/topherchris1982/storage-wars-dave-meme-generator-the-ravens-suck-yeeeeeeeeeeeeep-2cf433.jpg

Wolf

should have had the name "sunshine"

(remember the Titans reference)

Ruinondd
Chuckle, I think this thread blew up cause we haven't had Any smack talk in weeks. Tried to get some ravens over here from their boards, not much luck.

thunderkyss
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Thank you. Congrats on your first playoff win. You really deserved. Yates will take you all the way. Unfortunately, we have the better team. You'll find out Sunday.

This is where most people stumble.

The best team doesn't always win. Ask Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle & San Diego.

It's about who wants it more.

Ray Lewis knows that. Let's see if Joe Kewl knows that.

drunkcookie
01-13-2012, 08:05 PM
We'll have your crab-cakes...and eat 'em too...

drunkcookie
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM

As funny as that is, and it is funny, i can't help but think of us losing to a guy name Or-Laugh-Ski...

PapaL
01-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Really??? REALLY????? You think this is the most ridiculous thread ever? :lol: Dude's smack is lame... Flaming Sparrow (RIP) is up above laughing at this dude.

And at his small penis too! So I read on here...

DBCooper
01-13-2012, 08:50 PM
And at his small penis too! So I read on here...

At least YouGotNada picked an appropriate screen name.

brakos82
01-13-2012, 10:15 PM

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12187/12479642.jpg

Texan_Bill
01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12187/12479642.jpg

:facepalm: Brakos!

axman40
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Holy Deja Vu this thread has been moved!
:kubepalm:

Nitrofish
01-14-2012, 12:53 AM
This is where most people stumble.

The best team doesn't always win. Ask Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle & San Diego.

It's about who wants it more.

Ray Lewis knows that. Let's see if Joe Kewl knows that.

Great post here Thunderkyss, Be careful though... some people are very critical of alternate spellings.

:roast:

brakos82
01-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Great post here Thunderkyss, Be careful though... some people are very critical of alternate spellings.

:roast:

But TJ Yeats is taking us to the Superb Owl!

Dan B.
01-14-2012, 01:06 AM

Where do you get this stuff?

In their first four years:

From 2008 to 2011 Flacco went:
11-5 (2-1)
9-7 (1-1)
12-4 (1-1)
12-4 (0-0)
-----
44-20 (4-3)

From 2004-2008 Ben Roethlisberger went:

15-1 (1-1)
11-5 (4-0)
8-8 (0-0)
10-6 (0-1)
----
44-20 (5-2) with a ring.

Unless y'all win the Super Bowl Flacco won't even have the most wins in his first four years among QB's in his division -- much less in history

Texanator
01-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I would love to respond to the idiot who started this thread, but I just can't lower myself to that intelligence level without inflicting severe head trauma to myself. So rather then do that, I will just leave it at this.................

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/BudOx/bullsonparade3.jpg

Enough Said!

PapaL
01-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Yup, I'll still be trolling around MD and DC today in Texans gear.

imatexan
01-14-2012, 12:47 PM
I'll be the first one to say Joe is an average QB. Winning a SB with Trent Dilfer made me believe you don't have to have an elite QB to win. It's a team game. With that being said, I go to each opposing fans forums to trash talk with them. Occasionally, I'll run into the fan that thinks he knows so much more than everyone else, but I didn't think someone like you would be boasting about the Texans. They're a good team. But that's it. You've probably said this everytime the Texans have high expectations than crawl back to your hole whining and bi***ing wishing you had a team every year like the Ravens. I'm absolutely nervous, but I don't try to be a hard@ss on a forum. Your team hasn't done anything spectacular for you to be guaranteeing a win.

"I have a life...when I get back from the bars"

Haha, bars are fun and all but saying you "have a life" because you go to bars comes across as just sad.

Compared to other teams fans you are not that bad, I enjoy going to other teams message boards when I have time to get their perspective as well. However it was a terrible way to start the thread, can't wait for our team to prove you wrong because they will.
Go Texans!

GuerillaBlack
01-14-2012, 01:12 PM

Haha, bars are fun and all but saying you "have a life" because you go to bars comes across as just sad.

Compared to other teams fans you are not that bad, I enjoy going to other teams message boards when I have time to get their perspective as well. However it was a terrible way to start the thread, can't wait for our team to prove you wrong because they will.
Go Texans!

He tries too hard to be a cool guy. Pretty sad really. If you're going to go to a bar, then go to a bar. No need to announce it, as if going to a bar means anything...

Playoffs
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
"I have a life...when I get back from the bars" http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/Cole123RF/Cole123RF0903/Cole123RF090300113/4555545-mans-hands-behind-bars-in-jail-or-prison.jpg
?

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Where do you get this stuff?

In their first four years:

From 2008 to 2011 Flacco went:
11-5 (2-1)
9-7 (1-1)
12-4 (1-1)
12-4 (0-0)
-----
44-20 (4-3)

From 2004-2008 Ben Roethlisberger went:

15-1 (1-1)
11-5 (4-0)
8-8 (0-0)
10-6 (0-1)
----
44-20 (5-2) with a ring.

Unless y'all win the Super Bowl Flacco won't even have the most wins in his first four years among QB's in his division -- much less in history

See, this is what happens when you just go to nfl.com and look at general statistics and try to make it sound like you know what actually happened. Ben came in after a few games have been played in 2004 when Maddox was injured. Thanks for copying and pasting that though.

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Tell you what, let's have a bet.

Texans win: you post a picture doing the TD bow, a la Arian Foster...

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/Arian-Foster-USPstoryBow.jpg

Ravens win: we'll post a murder mugshot of one of us, a la Ray Lewis...
http://www.waiverreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ray-lewis-mugshot1-300x237.jpg

Deal? :truck:

Absolutely. But Ray Lewis wasn't convicted or tried for murder, so the "murder mugshot" wouldn't make sense. However, you can pose like Ray Lewis when holding the Super Bowl trophy.

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Haha I knew posting the title of that thread would get under people's skin

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 01:59 PM
YouGotNgata92 after Bad Flacco turns the ball over at an alarming rate.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JgiHU0bZ28Y/SUXS9E7_BgI/AAAAAAAABYU/LjmvCjBG8a4/s400/Baltimore%20Fan.jpg

Come on man. I told you not to post my picture online.

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/topherchris1982/storage-wars-dave-meme-generator-the-ravens-suck-yeeeeeeeeeeeeep-2cf433.jpg

Love that show.

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Go Texans!

Agreed. Maybe should have said "not going to be on this thread on a friday night." Who are your picks today?

Shaft75
01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Typically women or little ***** ass dudes ask rhetorical questions...

Bout time we got something going on in the smack forum though! Even if it's from a delusional bird watcher.

YouGotNgata92
01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Typically women or little ***** ass dudes ask rhetorical questions...

Bout time we got something going on in the smack forum though! Even if it's from a delusional bird watcher.

I'm not sure what the shot at women was for, but why can't it be asked? There's 13 pages so obviously enough people felt they needed to comment on such a rhetorical question. Every fan thinks their team will win. My question is, fanhood aside, do Texans fans reallyyyyy think they can come in to Baltimore and beat us like every Texan fan is saying? Even the injured Steelers are better than the Texans and have 1 of the best defenses too. How did we do against them this year?