PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Sweat Shop

ts4texans
01-11-2012, 06:31 PM
anyone ever see this?

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/1/8/2692336/espn-outside-the-lines-dallas-cowboys-use-sweatshop-labor
"Well, this may not be the best PR for Jerry Jones.

ESPN's Outside The Lines ran a piece Sunday morning saying that labor rights groups are after the Cowboys for running overseas merchandise sweatshops. The piece mentions that after the Cowboys broke off from the NFL's merchandising in 2002 they began contracting with the same warehouses used by brands like Nike and Puma in Asia and South America.

It also alleges via workers in Cambodia that these factories are wrought with working conditions that are illegal in the United States (and in Cambodia) and that workers suffer from forced overtime, harassment, sexual harassment and wages as low as 29 cents per hour.

The piece is interesting not only in revealing some pretty bad mistakes the Cowboys have made while getting deeper into the merchandising game but also in detailing some of the lengths they've taken to make this a huge revenue generator, including exclusive deals with major universities."

Video here: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7433077

texanhead08
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I saw it last weekend I wonder what kind of excuse they will have for this fiasco.

Thorn
01-13-2012, 05:30 AM
America's Team!! :lol:

RazorOye
01-13-2012, 07:42 AM

outsourcing manufacturing to offshore, low-paying, high-pressure, sweatshops in exchange for shoddily-made, cheap apparel representing a popular team that's all style and no substance in true Kardashian-esque fashion

maybe that title fits appropriately after all
:facepalm:

hobie
01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Dallas is not the only team doing it... Heck most of all gear is made over seas, by poorly paid people.. Remember Nike years ago, so this isn't anything new. And if you believe it to be, then you need to read up more...

StarStruck
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM

and an American businessperson.

jtexas
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
As much fun as it is to make fun of the cowboys, i don't blame them. Members of congress are doing everything they can to ensure businesses stay overseas.

Scooter
01-16-2012, 02:46 AM
drunk edit.