PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels broken hand?

Premier
01-08-2012, 08:09 AM
whats this i keep seeing scrolling on the NFLN ticker..

TheMatrix31
01-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Probably means he has a broken hand.

Premier
01-08-2012, 08:21 AM
probably means he has a broken hand.

great job...

GuerillaBlack
01-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Said it happened on his first catch, but he remained in the game. Didn't look like either hit he took could have broken his hand tho.

blitz90
01-08-2012, 08:36 AM
I believe in the presser Kubiak said it happened on the play that Cincy challenged whether OD maintained possession or not.

EllisUnit
01-08-2012, 10:19 AM
was watching the game again and at the end when he would help his team mates up he would only use his left hand, so he was doing everything possible not to use his right hand. So it appears to me the problem is the right hand.

Playoffs
01-08-2012, 10:22 AM
great job...
Deductive reasoning skills. :kitten:

steelbtexan
01-08-2012, 10:24 AM
was watching the game again and at the end when he would help his team mates up he would only use his left hand, so he was doing everything possible not to use his right hand. So it appears to me the problem is the right hand.

Sounds like he will be signing those game checks with his left hand for awhile.

LOL

EllisUnit
01-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Sounds like he will be signing those game checks with his left hand for awhile.

LOL

haha yeah, oh well he will still play. Even though OD wasnt a HUGE factor yesterday we still need him, he is still one of the best TEs in the NFL IMO.

steelbtexan
01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
haha yeah, oh well he will still play. Even though OD wasnt a HUGE factor yesterday we still need him, he is still one of the best TEs in the NFL IMO.

Yes he will and yes he is.

OD is a gamer.

Maddict5
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
can he play next wk with a broken hand? dont they normally put a big club over it like von miller has? that seem like it could affect his catching ability somewhat....

CloakNNNdagger
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Broken hand or no broken hand, unless this next game is an aberration, the Ravens 3-4 has a solid reputation for shutting down the TE.

Doppelganger
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Broken hand or no broken hand, unless this next game is an aberration, the Ravens 3-4 has a solid reputation for shutting down the TE.

He is a good blocker. He can still contribute next week.

MEGA SWATT
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
That sux, hope he can play decently like that.

Carr Bombed
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I think we need to increase Casey's role in the game plan this week. He can do everything Owens can and we should help take pressure off Daniels by throwing him out there.

I don't think we utilize him enough in the passing game....that kid can flat out get open and catch the ball.

TheMatrix31
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I'd love to send Jacoby deep, Andre on a post pattern, and Casey and Dreesen with crossing patterns over the middle of the field.

Hit Casey and it'll be wide open real estate.

TimeKiller
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Broken hands can hurt but I'm guessing OD makes it work anyway. Doubt he's gonna bail on a broken hand. He's battling some leg issues too iirc.

Casey should see a few more chances. The guy's athleticism is nasty and is a mismatch against most LBers, especially old ass Ray Lewis. Don't forget Garret Graham either.

drs23
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Broken hands can hurt but I'm guessing OD makes it work anyway. Doubt he's gonna bail on a broken hand. He's battling some leg issues too iirc.

Casey should see a few more chances. The guy's athleticism is nasty and is a mismatch against most LBers, especially old ass Ray Lewis. Don't forget Garret Graham either.

But, but he's a linebacker now. :)

TexanSam
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
He is a good blocker. He can still contribute next week.

Can he block as well with a broken hand as without one? I'm not as worried about losing his pass catching ability because we have Dreessen. But the Ravens are probably going to bring tons of pressure to try and rattle TJ Yates, and I'm worried that OD won't be able to contribute in pass blocking as he normally would.

CloakNNNdagger
01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
NEWS FLASH!

Kubiak clarifies OD's injury...........HIS HAND HAS AN "ISSUE."

But he WILL play against the Ravens.

I hope Kubiak is smart and makes him wear some PROTECTION!:kubepalm:

Playoffs
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I dated a girl once who had "issues".

Buffi2
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Ya' gotta love Kubiak. Hand issues - a new vague even for him. Although, Vandermeer just said on NFL Network that OD would play Sunday.

Koolaid Time
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I just love it how the Texans are vague with the injuries.

The Pencil Neck
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Actually, I WANT my coach and FO to be as vague about injuries as they can be. If at all possible, I want them to flat out lie about stuff.

I'm all for transparency in business and stuff but when it comes to football? SUBTERFUGE AND MISDIRECTION.

Texan_Bill
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I dated a girl once who had "issues".

One??? Freakin' amateur!!! I have SEVERAL of those notches on my headboard. :truck:

Doppelganger
01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Can he block as well with a broken hand as without one? I'm not as worried about losing his pass catching ability because we have Dreessen. But the Ravens are probably going to bring tons of pressure to try and rattle TJ Yates, and I'm worried that OD won't be able to contribute in pass blocking as he normally would.

Put a cast on that hand and now he has a weapon to swing at the D!

Texan_Bill
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Whatever!!!

Rub some dirt on that sumbitch and be ready this Sunday!

sbalderrama
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Cush probably just told him to drink some milk.

MEGA SWATT
01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
After thinking this over for a day, I'm not so concerned. The guy has proven that he can make the one handed catch, so I don't see what the big deal is?:bender:

CloakNNNdagger
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM

What his "hand issue" is and what "protection" he will have to wear, will determine how well if at all he can be expected to catch. As for pass blocking, since a good pass blocker must be able to hold back or push the defender, again it will be dependent on the same set of circumstances, but possibly to a lesser extent .

With that said, as OD continued to look somewhat gimpy, I'm just as concerned about his repeatedly drained knee coming into this game.

One-legged, one handed......all he needs to complete the picture is a patch over one of his eyes...........and then, he'd still be better than many TEs out there.:)

HJam72
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
One everythinged Daniels.

Texanator
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
There was talk after the game that Owen may have broken his hand. He was to undergo an MRI to determine so and now I can find nothing about it.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/tight-end-daniels-may-have-broken-hand/

If anyone has any info on this can you please share that with us?
Thanks!
GO TEXANS!!!

Marcus
01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
If they haven't said anything by now, don't hold your breath.

Edit: What the Ravens don't know won't hurt them.

Stemp
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Kubiak said OD has a hand issue, but it won't stop him from playing this weekend.

BlueSteel
01-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Kubiak said OD has a hand issue, but it won't stop him from playing this weekend.

It did not stop him from playing against the Bengals either. I think OD will be fine and we still have Dressen and Casey to run routes.

Texanator
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM

That's good to hear. We need every weapon we have to pound the Bird Brains from Baltimore.

nero THE zero
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM

Translation: "OD broke his hand but will play anyway."