PDA

View Full Version : Injuries from today

SmoochyTX
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I just read on Twitter per Jerome Solomon that Owen Daniels is going for x-rays and might have a broken right hand. Anybody else heard anything on him or any other players?

@JeromeSolomon - "Owen Daniels going for postgame X-ray ... possible broken right hand. Hurt it on first-half catch that Marvin Lewis challenged. #texans"

https://twitter.com/#!/JeromeSolomon

@awexler - "Talked to him as well, he turned down handshake, obviously RT @JeromeSolomon: Owen Daniels going for postgame X-ray, possible broken rt hand"

https://twitter.com/#!/awexler

mattieuk
01-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh shit....didn't even know there was injuries to be worried about.

DocBar
01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
1st I heard of it. I hope it's not true.

EllisUnit
01-07-2012, 08:08 PM
He will still play, i have seen many players including QBs play with broken hands. Its the play offs and we're in the 2nd round so he will suck it up !

NitroGSXR
01-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Next man up!!

Ryan
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
He hasn't been the factor he was with Schaub in there, otuside of the first Cincy game. Yates just doesn't utilize him as much as Schaub did, but it's a good thing we have good depth at the position if it's true.

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
He was massaging his hand as he came off the field on that play in the 1st half where Marvin Lewis and he tangled after his catch that got challenged.

Corrosion
01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
He hasn't been the factor he was with Schaub in there, otuside of the first Cincy game. Yates just doesn't utilize him as much as Schaub did, but it's a good thing we have good depth at the position if it's true.

Yates seems to find Dreesen quite often .... I think it has something to do with the routes they run , OD gets up the field , Dreesen tends to run shorter routes and is often the check down.

MadBurgerMaker
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Any news on Braman?

TheDream34
01-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Well it was a great win guys. And you know that means we have to sacrifice a key player in return.

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I just read on Twitter per Jerome Solomon that Owen Daniels is going for x-rays and might have a broken right hand. Anybody else heard anything on him or any other players?

@JeromeSolomon - "Owen Daniels going for postgame X-ray ... possible broken right hand. Hurt it on first-half catch that Marvin Lewis challenged. #texans"

https://twitter.com/#!/JeromeSolomon

@awexler - "Talked to him as well, he turned down handshake, obviously RT @JeromeSolomon: Owen Daniels going for postgame X-ray, possible broken rt hand"

https://twitter.com/#!/awexler

Injuries, good or bad stories, Jerome sucks and is a thief........period.

False Start
01-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Can't win without an injury it seems. :kubepalm:

Hopefully he will still play though, maybe Casey will step it up, or TJ's favorite target Dreesen.

I still can't believe they even challenged that play to begin with, lol.

fiasco west
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Well it was a great win guys. And you know that means we have to sacrifice a key player in return.

Yep. Only way for Houston to appease the football gods.

AnthonyE
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Any news on Braman?

I saw him on the ensuing kickoff after his injury. I think he'll be fine.

I was wondering what happened to OD after that catch. He sort of fell off the gameplan. Now I know why.

Hervoyel
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM
This should not surprise anyone. We all know the drill now after 17 weeks of football. Each Texans victory comes with the sacrifice of one player to injury.

Seriously though I hope he's alright.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Man, can't we get a break?

EllisUnit
01-07-2012, 09:21 PM
if it is a broken hand he will still play, he still played in this game and looked like himself, if he could still hold blocks like he was doing then he will be back next week. A broken hand wont hold Daniels out especially in the play offs with so much on the line.

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Man, can't we get a break?

Please don't say that!.........we may already have been blessed with one.....OD.:toropalm:

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
if it is a broken hand he will still play, he still played in this game and looked like himself, if he could still hold blocks like he was doing then he will be back next week. A broken hand wont hold Daniels out especially in the play offs with so much on the line.

.......unless it requires timely surgery.

GP
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Any news on Braman?

IMO, he faked it. I couldn't see on the TV what happened. So maybe he did have a real injury.

IIRC, it was the kickoff after the JJ Watt score, I mean it seems plausible that Braman could have taken a dive (on coach's orders) to help give Watt some time to recover. On TV, it looked like JJ had no time to inhale a good dose of oxygen.

I know I might catch hell for suggesting it, but the way Braman trotted off the field, it looked a little sketchy to me.

With what was on the line today, you do whatever it takes. Kubiak and Phillips and Marciano coached a GREAT game today. Maybe the best coached game, and best played game, in our history.

Allstar
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
IMO, he faked it. I couldn't see on the TV what happened. So maybe he did have a real injury.

IIRC, it was the kickoff after the JJ Watt score, I mean it seems plausible that Braman could have taken a dive (on coach's orders) to help give Watt some time to recover. On TV, it looked like JJ had no time to inhale a good dose of oxygen.

I know I might catch hell for suggesting it, but the way Braman trotted off the field, it looked a little sketchy to me.

With what was on the line today, you do whatever it takes. Kubiak and Phillips and Marciano coached a GREAT game today. Maybe the best coached game, and best played game, in our history.
Definitely crossed my mind right away. The way he hopped up and ran off was lulzy.

GP
01-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Definitely crossed my mind right away. The way he hopped up and ran off was lulzy.

Whew! I was wondering if I was alone in thinking that.

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I'll say again. Jerome is a liar.

EllisUnit
01-07-2012, 09:55 PM

yeah i have heard nothing on this at all, and we would have heard something by now. well youd think anyways.

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
yeah i have heard nothing on this at all, and we would have heard something by now. well youd think anyways.

Too bad he can print what he wants.

EllisUnit
01-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Too bad he can print what he wants.

yeah, even if O.D does have some kind of hand injury, hell even if it is broke. That wont keep him out of the ravens game. The boy has had what 3 ACL tears, i'm sure he can deal with a gimpy hand haha

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
yeah, even if O.D does have some kind of hand injury, hell even if it is broke. That wont keep him out of the ravens game. The boy has had what 3 ACL tears, i'm sure he can deal with a gimpy hand haha

Understood. :)

TexanSam
01-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Damn! Terrible news if true.

SmoochyTX
01-07-2012, 10:12 PM

I haven't heard anything else but Adam Wexler replied to Solomon originally and said he tried to shake his hand but OD wouldn't. I can't imagine Wex would respond like that if something wasn't at least a little wrong with his hand.

Trust me, I hope his hand is OK. I'm just sayin'.

Showtime100
01-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Jerome Soloman is a liar

SAMURAITEXAN
01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Please don't say that!.........we may already have been blessed with one.....OD.:toropalm:

Ouch! My bad. We should be more fortunate. No injury please.

Harrisment
01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Per McClain, OD may have a broken hand but should be able to play next week.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/playoff-report-card-texans-vs-bengals/

TheMatrix31
01-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Ugh. Another injury. We need OD to free up Dreesen.

Fili
01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
I thought we won without an injury FINALLY. Oh well :d:

SmoochyTX
01-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Per McClain, OD may have a broken hand but should be able to play next week.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/playoff-report-card-texans-vs-bengals/

And this from Nick Mathews at Chron.com.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/tight-end-daniels-may-have-broken-hand/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BullNation4Life
01-07-2012, 11:18 PM

So when in the hell are they gonna sacrifice Kareem Jackson to the football gods?

Oh wait,, you said key player, never mind...

SmoochyTX
01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
So when in the hell are they gonna sacrifice Kareem Jackson to the football gods?

Oh wait,, you said key player, never mind...

:kitten:

So anybody heard anything new about OD or Braman even?