PDA

View Full Version : Texans FANS tore it up today!!!

Playoffs
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Engineers have been called in to assess the damage to Reliant Stadium's roof and foundation from Texans fans vociferous yelling/screaming/hollering during today's caging of the Cincinnati Bengals ..... more at 10.

Congrats Texans fans who attended the game and sent the Bungholes home with a ringing in their ears that will last for days!!!

You all were a huuuuuge part of the win! :clap:

:logo:

mattieuk
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Haha....they're calling for structural engineers out here on the West Coast after today.

Boy that was one loud crowd today. Caused Cincy no end of problems. This is be validated by the upcoming GIFs of Dalton with his hands on his helmet, screaming "WTF ARE YOU SAYING!"

Playoffs
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Kubiak on the Reliant crowd: "Boy, it was electric today. Absolutely tremendous."

False Start
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
The noise level reached 110 decibles 3 times, and 109 quite a bit. :fans: :eek: :texflag:

Link (https://twitter.com/#!/AnnaMegan/status/155836447272878081)

LonerATO
01-07-2012, 09:43 PM
My ears hurt so bad and I've lost my voice for a few days and it got real loud on Watt's INT.

c10x
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
My ears hurt so bad and I've lost my voice for a few days and it got real loud on Watt's INT.

just got home. what a crowd. what an environment. so much fun. im disappointed i cant go out to celebrate, but i had a DD at the game and im too drunk to drive

AnthonyE
01-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Honestly, I was expecting a lot louder. When I can hear my own voice crowd noise isn't where I want it.

Still, it was obvious we were disrupting things. Dalton called timeouts at the LOS, false starts, ect.

c10x
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Honestly, I was expecting a lot louder. When I can hear my own voice crowd noise isn't where I want it.

Still, it was obvious we were disrupting things. Dalton called timeouts at the LOS, false starts, ect.

Lots of people will never yell. Just the way it is.

Hagar
01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Lots of people will never yell. Just the way it is.

Yeah, the guy who sat next to me today started out that way, but when all my friends and I started yelling and making noise, he loosened up and joined in.

As many of you have, I've been a fan from the beginning with this team and after so many year of disappointment, I relished every minute of this win. I stayed in my seat for as long as I could just soaking it all up.

SheTexan
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
My head still hurts from all the noise, but, I don't care!! LOVED every minute of this day!!

Fans were in their seats before the intro, and stayed in their seats until the end! AWESOME day to be a TEXAN fan!! Absolutely amazing the energy that was there. Never seen fans so excited, and I swear to you, I saw grown men with tears in their eyes on more than one occassion! Shed a few myself!

We did our part, and that makes me proud!!

Houston_Fanatic
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
I was there today and when JJ ran that pick-6 in for a touchdown before the half the crowd absolutely EXPLODED! I just thought we were loud before that.

What a great game, a great experience and an awesome atmosphere. Even up by 3 scores the fans were still on their feet and loud at the end of the game, just for the pure joy of celebrating the victory and cheering our outstanding defense.

My head and ears still hurt and I do not care!!!!

TexanSam
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM

Were we at the same game? It was deafening in there!

AnthonyE
01-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Were we at the same game? It was deafening in there!

I sit near the aisle between 118 and 119 in row B. The folks usually behind me in row C sold their seats. So a couple of newbies were back there. Maybe they thought yelling was a bit lame. The 5 seats in front of me have had different people in them all year. This game there were 3 kids and two older gentlemen. Kids didn't want to yell, and the older guys sat down all game aside from a couple of big TD plays. I guess I just wasn't feeling the atmosphere everyone else was.

:toropalm:

Falcons game was so much louder, imo.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
It was loud!!! Thank you for rocking the house guys!!!

TexanSam
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I sit near the aisle between 118 and 119 in row B. The folks usually behind me in row C sold their seats. So a couple of newbies were back there. Maybe they thought yelling was a bit lame. The 5 seats in front of me have had different people in them all year. This game there were 3 kids and two older gentlemen. Kids didn't want to yell, and the older guys sat down all game aside from a couple of big TD plays. I guess I just wasn't feeling the atmosphere everyone else was.

:toropalm:

Falcons game was so much louder, imo.

Ah, I know what you mean. We used to sit near a few older couples in front and behind us a few years ago. They were real nice, but they never cheered. Most they would do is clap their hands. It's always more fun whenever everyone in your section is cheering. Make a big difference.

Our current section gets loud, but my dad said the Falcons game was louder also. I wasn't there, so I can't say but I have a hard time imagining it getting any louder than it was today. If so, then wow! Texans fans are awesome

Playoffs
01-07-2012, 11:30 PM
NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Bengals DT Domata Peko: "These Texans were loud as heck today. We could hardly think out there." #Texans
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fili
01-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Pretty loud however I thought the fans were louder against the Falcons because of Ryan's no huddle style.

AnthonyE
01-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Ah, I know what you mean. We used to sit near a few older couples in front and behind us a few years ago. They were real nice, but they never cheered. Most they would do is clap their hands. It's always more fun whenever everyone in your section is cheering. Make a big difference.

Our current section gets loud, but my dad said the Falcons game was louder also. I wasn't there, so I can't say but I have a hard time imagining it getting any louder than it was today. If so, then wow! Texans fans are awesome

The security guy in front of our section was covering up his ears in pain during the falcons game. He brought earplugs for this game, but ended up taking them out and not using them.

Kimmy
01-08-2012, 12:36 AM
I had to work during the Falcons game, so couldn't compare. When I told my husband I thought it would be louder, he replied that he thought the Falcons game was louder.

htowntexans1985
01-08-2012, 12:41 AM
The reason it was louder is because the falcons game was close to the end. This game was in the bag in the third quarter. All I know is my throat is shot and when I sit in silence all I hear is a humming noise. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!:kingkong:

ThaJokaa
01-08-2012, 01:01 AM
I was screaming from home

Texanmike02
01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
i haven't been this hoarse since the Indy game last year. I won't be talking much tomorrow or the day after that. This was the most incredible thing I've been a part of.

Mike

TexansFight
01-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Best football game I have ever had the pleasure of attending and one of the best days of my life. The absolute pandemonium and joy after the JJ Watt INT is something I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

Crowd was awesome. Stands were full before kickoff and was the loudest football game I've ever been to. I've already booked my flight and hotel for Baltimore. Just need a ticket. PM me if any of y'all want to meet up.

SheTexan
01-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I have been to EVERY home game the Texans have ever played, and I can assure you IMHO, this one was by far the loudest! Yes, the Falcons game was loud, as was our FIRST Cowboy game, but, there was something special today, and the place was electrified!!

I'm in the Bullpen, and I was BEGGING my seat neighbors for advil, my head hurt so bad from the noise! My ears are still ringing this morning! Didn't happen at the Falcons game.

Anyway! Who really cares which game was the loudest! WE WON BOTH, and that's all that matters!!:):fans:

TexanBacker93
01-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Pretty loud however I thought the fans were louder against the Falcons because of Ryan's no huddle style.

I wouldn't say they were louder. It was more non-stop loudness, though.

I've been to almost every home game (had to miss the Christmas eve win over the Colts because there is absolutely no way to swing that day off when you are a retail manager). I have trouble comparing the loudness of one game to the next, but this one seemed right there at the top. I think a big part of it was there weren't many Bengal fans in the attendance. At least in my section of the stadium there weren't.

Whether we were louder yesterday or for Atlanta the result is still the same. We definitely made it difficult for their offense.

Great win. Can't wait to do this all again in 2 weeks.

sakebomb
01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Great win. Can't wait to do this all again in 2 weeks.

No doubt. Here's to the Texans beating the Ravens and the Steelers or Broncos knocking out New England next week. That would be great.

AggieTexan
01-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I have been to EVERY home game the Texans have ever played, and I can assure you IMHO, this one was by far the loudest! Yes, the Falcons game was loud, as was our FIRST Cowboy game, but, there was something special today, and the place was electrified!!

I'm in the Bullpen, and I was BEGGING my seat neighbors for advil, my head hurt so bad from the noise! My ears are still ringing this morning! Didn't happen at the Falcons game.

Anyway! Who really cares which game was the loudest! WE WON BOTH, and that's all that matters!!:):fans:

I also had a raging headache from the noise, and my ears are still ringing today! I'm not sure it was louder than the first game, but it was great and altogether different. The noise was pretty consistent all the way through the game. I had chills several times yesterday...outstanding game and crowd.

Lucky
01-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I've been to all of those games, and I'd have to agree. Another game that was extremely loud was the '04 home opener vs. the Chargers. I think the Chargers had like 5 false starts in that game.

I think the difference was the fans in the club level were in their seats, for the most part. I think more "fans" were at this game, rather than people showing up for a party. Not that it wasn't a party.

steelbtexan
01-08-2012, 10:12 AM

^^^^
This

Yes, I shed a few tears and my ears are still ringing

The team/fans I'm so proud to be a HOUSTON TEXANS fan today.

Yesterday brought back Luv Ya Blue memories. This was the greatest game as far as the fans being into the game that I've ever attended.

Heath Shuler
01-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I was on the field (got picked to represent the white car for the Royal Purple car race; very cool) when Watt returned his INT for a touchdown and when Cinci had 3rd down in beginning of 3rd quarter and it was deafening; I literally could not hear the person 2 feet away from me. It was SO LOUD on the field. My head and throat still hurt, I'm glad now we had a Sat. game because if I was at work now I would be dragging. Reliant was rocking for sure and section 521 brought it all game. And Clay Walker seems like a real Texans fan, he was cheering like one of us.

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/walkerrcor.jpg

Speedy
01-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Very impressed Texans fans!!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387511_2206272015966_1822395150_1451428_1449864527 _n.jpg

DBCooper
01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Hats off to everyone at the game yesterday!

My TV was rockin!!!!!

80tothezone
01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
that was the greatest day I have had in ....well forever....

djriddler
01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Reliant starting the "Whoomp There It Is Chant" in the 4th quarter was taking it back to the old school. Ironically, that was also the last time Houston had a playoff game when that song was huge.

ESAD2-14
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I was on the field (got picked to represent the white car for the Royal Purple car race; very cool) when Watt returned his INT for a touchdown and when Cinci had 3rd down in beginning of 3rd quarter and it was deafening; I literally could not hear the person 2 feet away from me. It was SO LOUD on the field. My head and throat still hurt, I'm glad now we had a Sat. game because if I was at work now I would be dragging. Reliant was rocking for sure and section 521 brought it all game. And Clay Walker seems like a real Texans fan, he was cheering like one of us.

Was that you in the background giving the TD signal? If so your in the highlight reel. Towards the end of the clip when the show Watt intercepting the ball from ground level, someone in a white Cushing jersey is in the background, looks like they got a red hat on too.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Watt-Pick-6/01f11ad2-47bc-4e59-8903-8cec235dbd01#cltop

Awesome play, I've leaked a few tears of joy re-watching it.

Heath Shuler
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Was that you in the background giving the TD signal? If so your in the highlight reel. Towards the end of the clip when the show Watt intercepting the ball from ground level, someone in a white Cushing jersey is in the background, looks like they got a red hat on too.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Watt-Pick-6/01f11ad2-47bc-4e59-8903-8cec235dbd01#cltop

Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home, can't load video now it just keeps showing me the ads.

Lucky
01-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I was on the field (got picked to represent the white car for the Royal Purple car race; very cool)

Giles, right? I was pulling for you, but I knew you had no chance when the red car was in last place going down the stretch. The car in last place down the stretch always wins. So did you win anything for participating?

Norg
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
ive noticed the crowd gets loud depending on the situation and games weiter its a close game or blowout IMO or heck even play

I must admit last nights game did feel like different playoff type crowd meaning alot of people and in there seats

Yes atl game was loud

but 2 years ago the San fransisco game was louder

the CHeifs game was pretty loud the last 2 min cassell drive

there have been some indy games that have been loud

whatever tho i think in terms of NFL fans we are right up there with the loudest

and thats crazy since we have had like 8 losing season up to this point can u image if texans keep on getting to the playoffs year n and year out

Lucky
01-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home, can't load video now it just keeps showing me the ads.
It's you at the 0:27 mark. Save that video.

Heath Shuler
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Giles, right? I was pulling for you, but I knew you had no chance when the red car was in last place going down the stretch. The car in last place down the stretch always wins. So did you win anything for participating?

Yes. Yep they like their fantastic finishes lol. We got a gift bag w a tshirt, koozie some other knickknacks. I didn't really look through the bag until today and there is a gift card to use at reliant so we have to get the afc championship so I can use it. It was a blast.

Lucky
01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Card stunt seen from Gridiron, TX.

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/5799/img00228201201071527.jpg

Scooter
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
that was the loudest i've experienced. when watt returned the interception the noise level jumped so much i actually felt like i was going to explode. i cant remember the last time i was so thoroughly exhausted or excited. we didnt get home until around 10 and i wanted to check the forum but ended up passing out.

Heath Shuler
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
It's you at the 0:27 mark. Save that video.

It is me. Thanks so much for pointing that out. I have the game on DVR and just watched it.

NastyNate
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Mye ears are still ringing and can't talk to save my life! Awesome day!

MannyFresh
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
It was so so loud...crowd was into into, especially towards end of the game when they played that Pitbull 'tonight' song and the Wiz Khalifa 'win win win' song, everyone was dancing and high fiving. Only knucklehead was the idiot in our section at 650 up in M who thought it would be funny to throw a full aluminum bottle down...I texted security too with everyone else and he was GONE! But it was the best game ever!

htowntexans1985
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I was screaming from home

It was so so loud...crowd was into into, especially towards end of the game when they played that Pitbull 'tonight' song and the Wiz Khalifa 'win win win' song, everyone was dancing and high fiving. Only knucklehead was the idiot in our section at 650 up in M who thought it would be funny to throw a full aluminum bottle down...I texted security too with everyone else and he was GONE! But it was the best game ever!

I was in section 549. I saw that too. Was it a Texans fan?

MannyFresh
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Unfortunately yes...he didn't want to leave when green shirts came up but once Mr. Officer came yeah he was out with a shower of booos. Bengal fans were well behaved and good sports.

macho grande
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
that was the loudest i've experienced. when watt returned the interception the noise level jumped so much i actually felt like i was going to explode. i cant remember the last time i was so thoroughly exhausted or excited. we didnt get home until around 10 and i wanted to check the forum but ended up passing out.

That's nothing. I actually blacked out for a couple of seconds right after the pick six. I remember cheering then waking up and picking myself back up lol. Went right back to cheering. Everyone was asking if I was ok. Dont know what happened but I'll be making an appt in the morning. That was kinda scary.

Heath Shuler
01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
That's nothing. I actually blacked out for a couple of seconds right after the pick six. I remember cheering then waking up and picking myself back up lol. Went right back to cheering. Everyone was asking if I was ok. Dont know what happened but I'll be making an appt in the morning. That was kinda scary.

Take care of yourself. I hope everything is OK.

ESAD2-14
01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
It is me. Thanks so much for pointing that out. I have the game on DVR and just watched it.

No problemo, hope you get to save it and show off to your family and friends. :texflag:

Scooter
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM

i'm almost there with you. my eyesight is terrible so i thought watt knocked it down and i started to raise hell, all of a sudden the crowd erupted and i went jello for a second before finding myself in time to see him get into the endzone. if i wasnt already at my peak during the explosion, i dang well might have liquified lol. i didnt drop, but quite literally can still feel the hum in my chest just thinking about it.

it wouldnt surprise me if several folks got knocked down by the noise and/or vibrations from that play. i hope that's all it was, see the doc and keep us posted bud.

BigBull17
01-09-2012, 09:02 AM

I think I lost a year of my life when Watt picked that pass off. I screamed at the top of my lungs for a solid minute. I STILL cant talk. Just an insane experience that I will never forget.

macho grande
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Take care of yourself. I hope everything is OK.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes but like I said earlier, I didn't feel a thing. I did make an appt this morning for a routine checkup on Thursday just in case. I haven't been to a doctor in about three years.

Side note, my sis lives in Md and will be attending the game this weekend. She said she grabbed a nosebleed for around 200. Jersey'd up and screamin loud. Wish i could make it.

Joeycharp89
01-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Bengals fans were taking some abuse on the first northbound metrorail ride. There were two sitting near where I was standing. Some drunk Texan fan was ripping out anything orange from the game program and yelling at the rest of the train. He tried to hand them a torn out picture of Andy Dalton. I was surprised they didn't try to trash talk him, but I guess when you are in a train full of at least slightly inebriated Texans Fans you think twice about that...

Overall people seemed to be good sports though, high fives all around. I think one of my videos has those same Bengals fans high fiving people down the escalators.

MannyFresh
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Bengals fans were taking some abuse on the first northbound metrorail ride. There were two sitting near where I was standing. Some drunk Texan fan was ripping out anything orange from the game program and yelling at the rest of the train. He tried to hand them a torn out picture of Andy Dalton. I was surprised they didn't try to trash talk him, but I guess when you are in a train full of at least slightly inebriated Texans Fans you think twice about that...

Overall people seemed to be good sports though, high fives all around. I think one of my videos has those same Bengals fans high fiving people down the escalators.

Yeah, but even then, no excuse for that...I've many a times told a fellow Texan (drunk mind you), to shut up and quick acting like a damn fool when they start getting to close to comfort to an opposing fan. No call for that mess especially if there's kids involved. Your right Bengal fan was congratulatory and had a few more beers with us.

Texan_Bill
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Not only is it your right, but it's your responsibility to punch them in the face, and YES I mean a Texans fan that would be that rude and display disgusting behaviour like that. When I went to the Nati back in '03 or '04, our host did that to fans that thought it was cool to peg me in the back of the head with ice cubes...

Okay, I kid about punching someone in the face. Seriously though, I would've told them to slow their role. That's not who Texans fans are or what we represent!

scourge
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM

I was in 650 row E. That kid needed his a$$ beat. He barely looked 21, if that. The cop had to help the staff, and was that his parents who left with him? They looked embarrassed.

A few random ****ers aside, that was an incredible experience being there for that win.

Kimmy
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I was in 650 row E. That kid needed his a$$ beat. He barely looked 21, if that. The cop had to help the staff, and was that his parents who left with him? They looked embarrassed.

A few random ****ers aside, that was an incredible experience being there for that win.

I saw some kid getting arrested 5 mins into the game. Wasn't sure what had happened, they were escorting him out of the hallway in section 321.

I was like, damn, five minutes in? What a waste!

Errant Hothy
01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
A fan records a noise level at 118.3 decibels.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2012/01/20120107_TexansGameNoise_proc1-447x600.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/reliant-stadium-noise-hazardous-to-your-health/

That’s 118.3 decibels. Just how loud is this? It’s above the level of sandblasting and a loud rock concert, and just beneath the level at which pain begins.

The level also exceeds safety levels specified by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration. The federal organization says a workplace is unsafe if employees are exposed to levels of 115 decibels for more than 15 minutes a day.

majestrate
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Raiders 2009 game was pretty damn loud. Of course I don't think it was too difficult to get JaMarcus Russell off his non-existant game.

texanmojo
01-10-2012, 12:30 PM
A fan records a noise level at 118.3 decibels.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2012/01/20120107_TexansGameNoise_proc1-447x600.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/reliant-stadium-noise-hazardous-to-your-health/

Was just about to post that! 118db! WOW. An AFC Championship game will be louder!!!!

Kimmy
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Was just about to post that! 118db! WOW. An AFC Championship game will be louder!!!!

Then we need to pull for Denver! We need the AFCC game HERE ;)

Say Watt
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Is the game being shown on NFL Replay?

Texan_Bill
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I think it will be shown with the ""22 direction" thingy... Can't swear to that, tho!!

scourge
01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately yes...he didn't want to leave when green shirts came up but once Mr. Officer came yeah he was out with a shower of booos. Bengal fans were well behaved and good sports.

Manny, you were closer than I was so my wife was curious if you were close enough to know if there was any reason that douche did that in the first place. A mentioned earlier I was a few rows down and the bottle sailed right over our heads. From my angle it looked like it landed in the middle of a section of the 100's so if that's accurate then someone down there probably has a decent lump on their head.

MannyFresh
01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=scourge;1876878]Manny, you were closer than I was so my wife was curious if you were close enough to know if there was any reason that douche did that in the first place. A mentioned earlier I was a few rows down and the bottle sailed right over our heads. From my angle it looked like it landed in the middle of a section of the 100's so if that's accurate then someone down there probably has a decent lump on their head.[/QUOT

The guy had way too much to drink, looked like he threw it for the hell of it....like I said he didn't budge only till the cop made him leave, and when he was walking down he was all smug and smirking while everyone was booing him. But yeah, he threw that bottle pretty hard. Totally uncalled for.

scourge
01-11-2012, 11:03 AM
The guy had way too much to drink, looked like he threw it for the hell of it....like I said he didn't budge only till the cop made him leave, and when he was walking down he was all smug and smirking while everyone was booing him. But yeah, he threw that bottle pretty hard. Totally uncalled for.

Yeah, we saw the cop have to come up, and the classy gesturing he was doing while walking down the steps. Like I was saying before he looked fairly young and the couple following down looked like possibly parents