PDA

View Full Version : Texans over Tebow?

mridge01
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Just curious, anyone know why NBC opted to air the Texans over Tebow? I understand they have first pick over CBS. Not complaining, just wondering.

ThaShark316
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Just curious, anyone know why NBC opted to air the Texans over Tebow? I understand they have first pick over CBS. Not complaining, just wondering.

1st game = least attractive game, so to speak.

Think about last year's NO/SEA game, or the NYJ/CIN game the year before.

Texan_Bill
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Actually they picked Tebow over the Texans. As ThaShark said, the first Saturday game is the least desirable.

Double Barrel
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, Tebow is WOBET backwards, if that makes any sense. And it doesn't make any sense, so quit trying to make sense.

For whatever reason(s), Tebow has taken over the media to replace the gigantic hole left when Brett Favre actually retired for real. Why Tebow? Because he's the top jersey seller right now. The NFL is a business and NFL partners pay homage to whatever is making the mothership loads of cash. And right now, that cash cow appears to be Tim Tebow.

I would root against him this weekend just to shut up the media, but I can't bring myself to root for the Steelers. That fanbase has become as obnoxious and arrogant as Cowboys, Longhorns, and Yankees fans. Plus, the whole history of this city with Pittsburgh. They've had enough success to last a lifetime, so fugg 'em, even if that means another week of blathering from the talking heads about Tebow.

djohn2oo8
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
At least we get Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth :headhurts:

ThaShark316
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM

I wish...lol. Michaels is the man.

drs23
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM

I'd take that every game. Al Michaels is prepared and professional and I like Collisworth as well. I know alot of folks don't but I've always thought he does a great job as well as knowing what the hell he's talking about. At least it not Tasker the Hater. Fugg him.

TheMatrix31
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I never understood this anyway. Makes no sense to me. I know the numbers say otherwise but it's so dumb. Playoffs are playoffs. I'm watching regardless.

I guess there really is a casual fan influence. That also makes no sense. Why would I suddenly start watching a sport just because it's playoffs? If I care to watch the playoffs, I should care to watch the regular season.

People make no sense to me.

I'm glad we're the early game. Get it over with early. I'd hate to be the last game of the weekend. Could you imagine the torture of watching 3 other games while waiting for ours? Argh.

Jaysol
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I never understood this anyway. Makes no sense to me. I know the numbers say otherwise but it's so dumb. Playoffs are playoffs. I'm watching regardless.

I guess there really is a casual fan influence. That also makes no sense. Why would I suddenly start watching a sport just because it's playoffs? If I care to watch the playoffs, I should care to watch the regular season.

I'm glad we're the early game. Get it over with early. I'd hate to be the last game of the weekend. Could you imagine the torture of watching 3 other games while waiting for ours? Argh.

I share your point when it comes to football, but I can totally understand the casual fan coming in when the playoffs hit. I'm a fan of the Rockets and Astros, but by no means do I follow their regular season like I do the Texans. Generally I watch more of their games when they happen to make it to the playoffs in the past years.

That said, I can barely stand waiting for 3PM Saturday, I can't imagine having to wait for primetime Sunday.

Double Barrel
01-05-2012, 07:00 PM

I agree completely. As an NFL fan, I live for January. It's the best that pro football has to offer, and every game is so vital to both teams for obvious reasons.

I'll be glued to my tv set for the next two weekends, with the exception of Saturday afternoon, of course.

The Cush
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I remember reading reports that after the Chiefs/Broncos game that Kyle Orton's house was egged. Only 3 of 17 eggs connected with the house. Tim Tebow was immediately sought for questioning.

Texanmike02
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm stealing that line on facebook right now.

Mike

RTP2110
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't think it's the networks that choose the games at this point. I believe it's the NFL that dictates the playoff schedule, and it's all about putting the premier teams in the best time slots.

Does anyone know if we're getting Michaels/Collinsworth or whoever NBC's second team is?

Austrian
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think it's the networks that choose the games at this point. I believe it's the NFL that dictates the playoff schedule, and it's all about putting the premier teams in the best time slots.

Does anyone know if we're getting Michaels/Collinsworth or whoever NBC's second team is?

Tom Hammond, Mike Mayock with Alex Flanagan on the sidelines.