PDA

View Full Version : Peter King playoff prediction

HTown2ATX
01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
FWIW....I just got my copy of SI for 1/9/12 that will hit stands on Monday and PK has his playoff chart up....

He has us BEATING Cincy 19-17 moving on to LOSE to the Ravens 27-10 the following week.

As it stands now, I agree with this. I just have an ultra positive feeling going into this game (not saying it is in the bag.....but as a life long pessimist, this team has me optimistic right now against the Bengals at home..) and then losing probably on the raod in BAL.

For those interested, cliff notes version of the rest of his prediction....

Pats vs Saints in the SB and Saints win 34-24.

:htown2atx:

drs23
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
FWIW....I just got my copy of SI for 1/9/12 that will hit stands on Monday and PK has his playoff chart up....

He has us BEATING Cincy 19-17 moving on to LOSE to the Ravens 27-10 the following week.

As it stands now, I agree with this. I just have an ultra positive feeling going into this game (not saying it is in the bag.....but as a life long pessimist, this team has me optimistic right now against the Bengals at home..) and then losing probably on the raod in BAL.

For those interested, cliff notes version of the rest of his prediction....

Pats vs Saints in the SB and Saints win 34-24.

Seems like a fair assessment to me but can you imagine the feeling that we would have if we were to go to Balti and take one, on the road, from a team we've never beaten? I know I'd be nuts!

utahmark
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
A playoff win would be great, anything more would just be gravy.

I'm suprised he has us doing anything after putting Tenn. and three 8 and 8 teams ahead of us on his power pole. We are the 14th best team in the league according to him.

SheTexan
01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Don't like his SB prediction!!

Stemp
01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Pats won't get past Pittsburgh.

CretorFrigg
01-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Disagree. Super Bowl or bust.

ThaShark316
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Same. It's how I felt when the Rockets play LAL after Yao got hurt.

Regardless of what happens in these playoffs...We winning the whole ****ing thing next season. (Yes, that includes somehow winning it all this season)

Texan_Bill
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Jason Cole (I think it is) from Yahoo Sports said on Travis Rodgers show that he [paraphrased] "....suspects that Cincinnati would win"...

Email him at will on your thoughts.

edo783
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Pretty much how I see it.

PHAROAH
01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Man lets go all the way damn one win!!!

Nitrofish
01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I feel pretty good about our chances of beating this Bengals team, and if we were to go to Baltimore and get a win, I think it would be all the fuel this team would need to make it to the Super Bowl.

There is not doubting the part that Psychology plays in this game from a players perspective, and should you defeat one of those hyped up teams that everyone has been picking to win all season long, it raises your level of play and drives you.

Obviously the Texans have the Physical skills to win, they just need to believe they can win it all. Good players in every sport talk about visualizing your goal all the time. Visualize yourself holding the Lombardi Trophy, visualize you and your teammates riding in a convertible during the ticker tape parade and it will happen.

TheMatrix31
01-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Beat the Bengals, and lose to the Ravens? OK. That's fine.

Giving up 27 points to the Ravens? No. Not the way our D is playing. At least I don't think so.

machineo
01-05-2012, 06:50 AM

Giving up 27 points to the Ravens? No. Not the way our D is playing. At least I don't think so.
Flacco and Torrey Smith abused Rams CB Justin King for 3 catches, all TDs in one quarter. Whether it's Allen or Kareem, but especially Kareem, the same can happen.

NastyNate
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM

We gave up 29 last time we played them and that was with Schaub and our offense helping to control TOP. Probably be close to the same score if not worse this go around IF we get by Cincy. I'll still be rooting em on though!

TheMatrix31
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
We gave up 29 last time we played them and that was with Schaub and our offense helping to control TOP. Probably be close to the same score if not worse this go around IF we get by Cincy. I'll still be rooting em on though!

We held their offense to five FG attempts. Not our fault if those attempts go through. Then on their first TD they got help from an uncalled penalty and two BS personal fouls in a row on Antonio Smith. Then they got a rushing TD in the 4th, after our D had been worn down due to no Andre and not being able to keep the offense on the field. We shut down Ray Rice for three quarters up until the 4th. Contrary to you thinking our offense helped control TOP, we lost that battle in that game. Again, not surprising considering no Andre led to them stacking the box every time out. Not to mention we were getting used to playing without Mario.

Don't go based off numbers. Perhaps you should watch games instead.

Double Barrel
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I could see it playing out this way.

Beating the Bengals at home could work one of two ways. It could really give this team a huge confidence boost and momentum going into Baltimore. But, it could also be such a huge win for this franchise that the parties and tendency to lose focus, not to mention going from a rocking Reliant to a likely cold and hostile Baltimore, might be more than this very inexperienced team could handle.

One week at a time, though. I'm not looking past Saturday at this point. I think the Bengals match up well with the Texans, so they have their hands full to beat Cincinnati.

NastyNate
01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
We held their offense to five FG attempts. Not our fault if those attempts go through. Then on their first TD they got help from an uncalled penalty and two BS personal fouls in a row on Antonio Smith. Then they got a rushing TD in the 4th, after our D had been worn down due to no Andre and not being able to keep the offense on the field. We shut down Ray Rice for three quarters up until the 4th. Contrary to you thinking our offense helped control TOP, we lost that battle in that game. Again, not surprising considering no Andre led to them stacking the box every time out. Not to mention we were getting used to playing without Mario.

Don't go based off numbers. Perhaps you should watch games instead.

I did watch the game, actually rewatched it this week along with the Cincy game. We played decent football for 39 minutes. Baltimore beat us. They hung 29 points on us. They shutdown our run game (our main strength). They had a 100 yard rusher and Boldin torched us for 129 yards. We had a ton of trouble scoring on their defense and they took over and finished out the game like good teams do. Yes we had a few sacks and forced some turnovers, but they were a better team than us with our first string quarterback and no AJ, they're still better than us with a third string quarterback and AJ.

So yes, all of my response is actually watching the game, not simply being a blind homer. I love my Texans and root like crazy for them. I'm also able to watch games and understand what's actually happening versus rationalizing and excusing certain things when they beat us by 15 points.

Austex
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I think Baltimore is more up in the air that PK thinks, could be a trap game for Baltimore. They look at us as a team they've already beaten this year with our #1 QB, not to mention we've never beaten them. Plus we've looked totally beatable since we clinched the division. We're playing the Bengals, who they beat twice this year.

Add to that they got the bye this weekend to feed the ego and it just sounds like a team that might be looking past us a bit.

Of course I could be totally wrong and we lose by 20 but I give our guys more than a fighting chance to pull the upset.

ObsiWan
01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I think Baltimore is more up in the air that PK thinks, could be a trap game for Baltimore. They look at us as a team they've already beaten this year with our #1 QB, not to mention we've never beaten them. Plus we've looked totally beatable since we clinched the division. We're playing the Bengals, who they beat twice this year.

Add to that they got the bye this weekend to feed the ego and it just sounds like a team that might be looking past us a bit.

Of course I could be totally wrong and we lose by 20 but I give our guys more than a fighting chance to pull the upset.

You know, I was about to go off about there not being any such thing as a "trap game" in the playoffs...

...then I remembered what happened to the Saints in Seattle last year.

Steleehin
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
If we beat the bengals ,and the ravens there will be no stopping this team .

HTown2ATX
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
If we beat the bengals ,and the ravens there will be no stopping this team .

Agreed and if you can...make it to Lavaca St Bar for the game if you haven't been there already for a game. Awesome time!

If you have been there...I'm the guy in the #37 D. Davis jersey leading cheers and overall drunkenness. Stop by and say hi!

Steleehin
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Agreed and if you can...make it to Lavaca St Bar for the game if you haven't been there already for a game. Awesome time!

If you have been there...I'm the guy in the #37 D. Davis jersey leading cheers and overall drunkenness. Stop by and say hi!

Hey thanks I might ,last game I left the house was the tampa bay game, thanks to the cowboys ,still had to listen to them as there was no sound on the Texans screen at third base

HTown2ATX
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey thanks I might ,last game I left the house was the tampa bay game, thanks to the cowboys ,still had to listen to them as there was no sound on the Texans screen at third base

Yeah man, check out the pics and join our group here....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=oa.226360334105163&type=1

Hope to see you there. They give us pretty much the whole place, sound and everything. Shots on the house when we score (sometimes), food is good. A must make trip for this game IMO!

HTown2ATX
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread.....

Was watching 1st Take at lunch and Skip Bayless actually picked us to win and was impressed with Texans.

Only reason I mention it is he has been down on us all year and I expected more of the same today but he really surprised me.

Just FWIW...carry on

Daravenator
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
First off, I hope you are all enjoying your first-ever week of the post-season.

I think the Texans-Bengals game is going to be very close and could go either way. I give Cincy a slight edge as Dalton has played all year, vs. Yates (or Delhomme) taking over from Schaub. But that may not matter all that much.

Regardless (and maybe this is a little bit of the homer in me surfacing), I do not see Houston, Denver or Pittsburgh beating the Ravens at M&T Bank next week. Baltimore is 6-0 against teams in the playoffs this year and 8-0 at home.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy it! You've patiently waited for this...so savor it!

Perki-Perk
01-06-2012, 07:05 PM
First off, I hope you are all enjoying your first-ever week of the post-season.

I think the Texans-Bengals game is going to be very close and could go either way. I give Cincy a slight edge as Dalton has played all year, vs. Yates (or Delhomme) taking over from Schaub. But that may not matter all that much.

Regardless (and maybe this is a little bit of the homer in me surfacing), I do not see Houston, Denver or Pittsburgh beating the Ravens at M&T Bank next week. Baltimore is 6-0 against teams in the playoffs this year and 8-0 at home.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy it! You've patiently waited for this...so savor it!

That just means y'all are due for a loss buddy! lol. And just for some insight as far as this Dalton v TJ thing. TJ already beat the Bungles once in just his second start. We didn't have AJ in that game.

During the 3 game "skid", Our O-line was without Mike Brisiel, and it showed! Also, AJ out, no Wade Phillips against Colts and Panthers and are we really counting the efforts put forth by a team desperate to make the playoffs against our 2nd teamers and below? A game they only won by one point. Anyway, James Casey is back too! That's huge, you may not see that coming, but I wouldn't expect a fan of another team to know all those details.

Ok, on to this weeks match up. We are in our house this time. AJ will be here, TJ has a few games under his belt. Our house will be ROCKIN! Wade Phillips will be back in the groove. All we are missing this game is Mario Williams, which to be honest, hasn't really effected us all season I don't think. We are, of course, missing Shaub, but I think what Shaub brings in experience in the offense, Yates makes up for with quick feet and a good arm/accuracy.

Look for the Bengals to get beat, I personally don't even think it will be that close. I do think once we get a comfortable lead though, which to Kubiak seems to be 10 points, we will shut down the plays to not give the Ravens much to look at. I am guessing there are quite a few plays both Kubiak and Phillips have not gave any teams a chance to look at this year, and I guarantee you they are going to keep that ace up their respective sleeves until absolutely necessary. None the less, see you next weekend!