PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Sick..

silvrhand
01-04-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b4c70/article/bengals-qb-dalton-expected-to-return-thursday-from-illness?module=HP11_headline_stack

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton missed Wednesday's practice with an intestinal virus but is expected to be back on the field Thursday, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Backups Bruce Gradkowski and Zac Robinson stepped in to take the first-team reps for Dalton on Wednesday, per the report.

Playoffs
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Get well soon, Andy!

So we can put you on your backside. :evil:

gtexan02
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Probably nerves

Hardcore Texan
01-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds like he will be close if not at full strength by Saturday.

michaelm
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Sounds like he will be close if not at full strength by Saturday.

Well, maybe until around 4pm or so...

Hardcore Texan
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM

True dat!

texanmojo
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Somebody send that guy some water...from Mexico! :)

BigBull17
01-06-2012, 02:44 PM

That aint cool. Awful feeling to get Montezuma's Revenge.

CloakNNNdagger
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
He was actually hospitalized for this "illness." If it was the flu, it was probably for hastening of fluid and electrolyte replenishment/balancing. And if it was the full blown fluid, replenishing/balancing fluids and electrolytes may be accomplished, but his get up and go will have gotten up and gone for at least a week thereafter. Oh well, our players are empathetic type of guys. They figure that laying him out on the field half of the game will give him plenty of time to rest.:pirate:

SAMURAITEXAN
01-06-2012, 07:56 PM
He was actually hospitalized for this "illness." If it was the flu, it was probably for hastening of fluid and electrolyte replenishment/balancing. And if it was the full blown fluid, replenishing/balancing fluids and electrolytes may be accomplished, but his get up and go will have gotten up and gone for at least a week thereafter. Oh well, our players are empathetic type of guys. They figure that laying him out on the field half of the game will give him plenty of time to rest.:pirate:

Doc, you always on the money on analysis. When healthy Dalton is 100%. Generally speaking, how much can he recover in a few days?

NastyNate
01-06-2012, 07:58 PM

He had full participation in practice yesterday and today. He'll play.

Norg
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Im more afriad of. Bruce gradkoski. Imo

NastyNate
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Im more afriad of. Bruce gradkoski. Imo
Good call Norg, always fear the Pollock.

JamesBill
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Call me when they are using their 4th string QB.

Kthx
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Wash that down with a Chipotle Burrito.

MEGA SWATT
01-07-2012, 12:11 AM
If Dalton is done shetting his pants by game time, our defense will quickly have him shetting his pants again.

BullBlitz
01-07-2012, 12:11 AM

Hmmm. Big talk from the team with the fragile QBs. I highly doubt that we will do any harm to Andy Dalton.

MEGA SWATT
01-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Hmmm. Big talk from the team with the fragile QBs. I highly doubt that we will do any harm to Andy Dalton.

Go back to Cinci brah.

JamesBill
01-07-2012, 08:45 AM

Probably the wrong day to make anti-Texans posts. FYI

hradhak
01-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I think Dalton'll be fine.

Of course, if we put a helmet in his gut a few times maybe we can scare the bacteria in his gut to come out again. :cutthroat:

Marshall
01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
It's one thing to play. It's another to play well. Rookies often make plays with agility and are more susceptible to a physical ailment. Veterans are more likely to make plays with their head and less likely to be adversely affected by physical ailments.

This said. I'm looking for a dominating win.

Keys:
1. Win the turnover battle.
2. Forget 3rd down conversions. Do well enough on 1st and 2nd that 3rd downs won't be faced.

That is all.

CloakNNNdagger
01-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Doc, you always on the money on analysis. When healthy Dalton is 100%. Generally speaking, how much can he recover in a few days?

He had full participation in practice yesterday and today. He'll play.

I would have never questioned his participation. But his endurance will very likely still be effected. I can't speak for how much. But the more pressure placed on him, the sooner we should see it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-07-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.indiepundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/drago-ifhedieshedies.jpg