PDA

View Full Version : NFL.COM: Playoff Power Rankings

Kimmy
01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Ranked #8 of 12

AFC No. 3 seed. Houston lost Sunday in a game it didn't try very hard to win. With T.J. Yates going out, Arian Foster not active, and Andre Johnson hardly playing, the Texans were prepping for the playoffs. Some fans don't like it, but Gary Kubiak had no choice. The Texans head coach has to rely on his silver-haired defensive coordinator to do his best job ever for the Texans to win more than one playoff game. Go get 'em, Wade Phillips. That said, for all those who say the Texans are surely one-and-done and will fall this weekend, exactly who have the Bengals beaten this year?

Linkage (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825add9e/article/packers-saints-cream-of-the-crop-entering-nfl-playoffs?module=HP11_hot_topics)

Lucky
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
exactly who have the Bengals beaten this year?
Answer: Not the Texans.

HOU-TEX
01-04-2012, 11:58 AM
PFT has us ranked 12th. Behind the Falcons, Lions, Giants, Bengals and Eagles. I'm not to high on our chances with Yates, but wow is all I can say about some of these "rankings". I think most of these boneheads do idiotic rankings for attention only.

TejasTom
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
We should find out who they think the Eagles are playing this weekend.

Wait, I guess the "dream team", is playing in "dream playoffs".

Blake
01-04-2012, 01:29 PM
SI.com did the same thing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/01/04/playoff.power.rankings/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

Texans 9/12
Bengals 11/12

The funny part is that he thinks the Bengals will win, yet we are higher on his power rankings?

I could foresee three road teams winning and moving on (Pittsburgh at Denver, Atlanta at the Giants and Cincinnati at Houston). Exactly half of this week's first round field lost in Week 17, with both Denver and Houston wheezing their way into the playoffs on three-game losing streaks.

The Texans beat the Bengals narrowly in Cincy in Week 14, but Houston hasn't won since. In what is said to be the first playoff matchup of rookie starting quarterbacks since at least 1950, I like Andy Dalton's chances to get it done more than T.J. Yates'

hobie
01-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Who really cares... really.

That's why they play the games....

amazing80
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
LOL at the idiots for thinking we tried the last 3 weeks......Bring on the pain!!! Love being the underdog, we seem to play better when we are being casted off...

gtexan02
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
LOL at the idiots for thinking we tried the last 3 weeks......Bring on the pain!!! Love being the underdog, we seem to play better when we are being casted off...

Yes, we rested our starters in week 17. But if you think we weren't trying in weeks 15 and 16, you're drinking the koolaid. We tried at home and got destroyed by a rookie QB on a below average Carolina team. We tried again and got bested by a 1 win team.

If thats not "wheezing" your way in to the playoffs, I don't know what is

fiasco west
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes, we rested our starters in week 17. But if you think we weren't trying in weeks 15 and 16, you're drinking the koolaid. We tried at home and got destroyed by a rookie QB on a below average Carolina team. We tried again and got bested by a 1 win team.

If thats not "wheezing" your way in to the playoffs, I don't know what is

I think it's important to note that we were without Wade those games as well.