PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Terence Newman signing with Texans?

Texanator
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm hearing from a few sources that we are signing Terence Newman as a safety. Has anyone else heard this yet and if so, what thoughts do you have?

I think he is past his prime, but still an OK guy to have in our secondary. We still need to firm that area of our D up I.M.O.

gary
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Before Saturday?

The Cush
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
He got embarassed last night and basically any time I tuned into a Cowboys game.

TexanSam
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Hearing from who? Our season isn't over and Newman hasn't even been released yet. Not sure that I want any part of Newman to begin with. He's just bad. He wouldn't be an upgrade at either cornerback or safety.

CretorFrigg
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Newman was embarrassed yesterday. And I'm saying this politely.

If this was 5 years ago, I'd be ecstatic, but he's past his prime now. Where did you hear the rumors? I can't imagine signing Newman right before the playoffs, seeing that he doesn't know our playbook at all.

gary
Are players allowed to sign with new teams now?

Playoffs
And he left the game with a shoulder injury.

Methinks "sources" still celebrating NYE?

texanfan2002114
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Are players allowed to sign with new teams now?

If he got released and went threw the waiver system and then became a FA, then and only then he could sign.

MistaRed
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
No thank you

srrono
01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
lol lets sign

Steve Johnson – BUF
Reggie Wayne – IND
Pierre Garcon – IND
Robert Mathis – IND
Cortland Finnegan – TEN
LaRon Landry – WAS
or any of these PUNTERS
Mat McBriar – DAL
Mike Scifres - SD
Donnie Jones – STL
Josh Bidwell – WAS

Oh wait we cant sign players that are out of playoffs till new NFL year LOL

Marcus
01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
What is this? The freaking twilight zone?

PapaL
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Ridiculous thread time is normally this week but we're in the playoffs this year.

Please save this nonsense until after we are eliminated or win the SB.

I think we should sign Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson.

TimeKiller
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
My sources are saying probably not...

Heath Shuler
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm hearing from a few sources .

who?

Texanator
01-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I sort of doubted it myself, but a guy who is a sports DJ here in Austin said he heard it and I saw it on the other Texans Forum board. Neither of which are concrete sources. That is why I asked here.

ObsiWan
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm hearing from a few sources that we are signing Terence Newman as a safety. Has anyone else heard this yet and if so, what thoughts do you have?

I think he is past his prime, but still an OK guy to have in our secondary. We still need to firm that area of our D up I.M.O.

Who would he be replacing?? And I thought contracts weren't concluded until late January/mid-February. But I'm in no way sure about that.

IF this has any truth to it, and I'm in no way convinced it does, he'd probably be put on special teams.

Then again, Wade coached him in Dallas, sooooo.....

Texanator
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
No need to be a smart alec Papal. It was a RUMOR I'd heard and was hoping for some TRUTH were I feel I can find it. That is why it was asked as a question and not stated as a fact. Lighten the hell up man!

Playoffs
01-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I sort of doubted it myself, but a guy who is a sports DJ here in Austin said he heard it and I saw it on the other Texans Forum board. Neither of which are concrete sources. That is why I asked here.
Other Texans forum board???

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/SoD9uG78PTI/AAAAAAAAANI/6BtwSHhMZoY/s400/not+sure+if+serious.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd rather have Dick " Night train " Lane .

Titans Sux 72
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Now playing left field...........

Huh???????

Wow.

srrono
01-02-2012, 02:34 PM
My sources are telling me the Texans are signing for the Playoff run
http://i44.tinypic.com/iyie5i.png

Marcus
01-02-2012, 02:37 PM
No need to be a smart alec Papal. It was a RUMOR I'd heard and was hoping for some TRUTH were I feel I can find it. That is why it was asked as a question and not stated as a fact. Lighten the hell up man!

You were the one WHO STARTED A THREAD ON IT, Texanator. The notion that we could sign someone off another team THIS season is so ridiculous, its not even funny, so if you don't like the reaction, it's your fault for bringing it up.

Texanator
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Other Texans forum board???

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/SoD9uG78PTI/AAAAAAAAANI/6BtwSHhMZoY/s400/not+sure+if+serious.jpg

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=22517

Texanator
01-02-2012, 02:39 PM
And David Anderson from KVET and The Zone radio stations in Austin, it's why I asked!

Heath Shuler
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=22517

check the date; its a year old

Dutchrudder
01-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not too happy with his resume...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/843578/bear.gif

Allstar
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
C'mon Texanator, you're better than this. If you're going to start a ridiculous thread like this, you could have at least gone with someone better than Newman...

Heath Shuler
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
And David Anderson from KVET and The Zone radio stations in Austin, it's why I asked!

are they crackheads?

Texanator
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Well I apologize for posting this then. I didn't think there could be that much truth to it so I came here to ask. Again, my apologies for asking a dumb question, but I figured a sports DJ might know a little more then the average Joe.

TexanSam
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Well I apologize for posting this then. I didn't think there could be that much truth to it so I came here to ask. Again, my apologies for asking a dumb question, but I figured a sports DJ might know a little more then the average Joe.

It's ok. But we've had dozens of these types of threads in the past on this board so this one was going to be met with lots of skepticism at best.

Grid
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
dont sweat it texanator. No such thing as a dumb question.. just elitist assholes that give dumb answers.

Not everyone is aware that it is absofarkinglutely impossible to sign a player from another team right now. I didnt know it was completely implausible till i read this thread.

And personally.. I realized when I read your post that you were attempting to get more information on a rumor you heard.. not trying to spread the rumor yourself, or waste anyone's time.

So yeah. Dont sweat the asshats who think they own the place. They just have their panties in a twist.

Wolf
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I think it is the typical media talking heads of
Texans sign "ex-player of Wade Phillips because he knows the system" rumor

ArlingtonTexan
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Most of us around these parts have much worse moments...I am going to close this in a few minutes though