PDA

View Full Version : Destroy Everyone!!

thunderkyss
12-28-2011, 07:45 PM
:evil:Antonio's quote (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/28/antonio-smith-is-not-happy-and-hes-not-alone/) when asked about this year's pro bowl announcement

Its a travesty, a total mockery of the game, Antonio Smith said. Its also funny to watch Cush (Brian Cushing) be mad, Im actually glad because what they just did might have just made this defense better, because he is going to destroy everybody.

:evil:

TejasTom
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
In the interview Antonio said "kill, I guess I can't use kill, I'll say destroy"

Nitrofish
12-28-2011, 11:01 PM
In the interview Antonio said "kill, I guess I can't use kill, I'll say destroy"

Man I hope he is right. We definitely need to light a new fire under these guys to get em ready for the playoffs. Would be great to see Cushing on a mission to "destroy them all".

HJam72
12-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Except we need to light a fire under guys like KJ, not Cushing.

TheMatrix31
12-28-2011, 11:28 PM
We need to light a fire under the offense, not the defense.

SheTexan
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Man I hope he is right. We definitely need to light a new fire under these guys to get em ready for the playoffs. Would be great to see Cushing on a mission to "destroy them all".

Won't matter. THe refs will just penalize him for whatever he does, esp if we are winning. Same goes for JJ Watt. How much money has Antonio Smith had to pay out in fines this year? How many stupid PI calls has J.Joe had to take? Yep, I'm a pessimist right now, and that's unusual for me. Just gettin gun shy I guess.

TejasTom
12-29-2011, 07:08 AM
We need to light a fire under the offense, not the defense.

Exactly. How about getting more than one 3rd down conversion?

Texan_Bill
12-29-2011, 07:29 AM
http://guitarinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Megadeth-Symphony-of-Destruction.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o-zTN2mcH4A/TdHv824NaUI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/l_2lHMWWv8o/s1600/kill-em-all.jpg

rush2112mn
12-29-2011, 09:53 AM
:evil:Antonio's quote (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/28/antonio-smith-is-not-happy-and-hes-not-alone/) when asked about this year's pro bowl announcement

:evil:

I would not be surprised if the offensive line is out for blood on Sunday as well.....you know those guys are going to be ready to play.....and prove why some of them should be in the pro bowl.....

HOU-TEX
12-29-2011, 09:58 AM
This Cushing quote kinda stuck out to me while reading Wednesday's quotes. I'm not a fan of the pro bowl, but Cush is obviously bent he wasn't chosen. I'll be watching him closely Sunday.

(on if hes disappointed that he wasnt selected to the Pro Bowl) Yeah, I am. Id be lying to you if I said I wasnt. I play this game to be the best and Im never going to hide that. It only means one thing, theres room for improvement. Obviously, they dont think Im good enough yet and Ill continue to do it. As far as motivation and a driving force, this is going to be a big one.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Wednesday-practiceconference-calls/ccb93870-9cee-4737-be6b-b34390736383

Kimmy
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
This Cushing quote kinda stuck out to me while reading Wednesday's quotes. I'm not a fan of the pro bowl, but Cush is obviously bent he wasn't chosen. I'll be watching him closely Sunday.

Quote:
(on if hes disappointed that he wasnt selected to the Pro Bowl) Yeah, I am. Id be lying to you if I said I wasnt. I play this game to be the best and Im never going to hide that. It only means one thing, theres room for improvement. Obviously, they dont think Im good enough yet and Ill continue to do it. As far as motivation and a driving force, this is going to be a big one.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Wednesday-practiceconference-calls/ccb93870-9cee-4737-be6b-b34390736383

He must have forgotten he was voted into the pro bowl his rookie year. :kitten:

Texan_Bill
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
He must have forgotten he was voted into the pro bowl his rookie year. :kitten:

Twice. ;)

HOU-TEX
12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Twice. ;)

That was for the rookie of the year award. He wasn't allowed to go to pro bowl

Texan_Bill
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
That was for the rookie of the year award. He wasn't allowed to go to pro bowl

Right... My bad.

MEGA SWATT
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I hope this does take BC's game to a new level

Wolfiegrrl
12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
I like seeing this defense play. However, the last two weeks showed me how far they have come and how easily it is for them to fall back into bad form. I'm not saying that the officiating was perfect. What I am saying is that everyone needs to show up like Cushing's does every game. There were a lot of miscues on defense against the Colts. We should have won this game. And I think Cushing turning it up will help everyone turn it up.

I will be happy to see Wade back to calling the defensive plays this week. We really can't afford to drop a third straight game heading into the playoffs.

TexansLucky13
12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Wade's input (from HT.com (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Wednesday-practiceconference-calls/ccb93870-9cee-4737-be6b-b34390736383))

(on ILB Brian Cushing not being elected to the Pro Bowl) “How (Brian) Cushing did not make the Pro Bowl is beyond me. I mean the guy’s got at least 160, 180 tackles by our count, which is coaches’ count, which is the correct count. It’s not off the game where somebody sees…they don’t see how many plays he makes that are unseen unless you go back and you put the camera on it and you slow it down, you go in slow motion, he’s there. Boom, he’s making plays. I know a lot of people are deserving, but that guy is a holy phenom, now. He’s one of the best I’ve coached. I’ve been in it a long time. That’s my say so.”

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Watch the VIDEO.......... (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/brian-cushing-upset-with-pro-bowl-snub-wade-phillips-agrees-with-him/)RODNEY HARRISON THINKS CUSHING WAS SNUBBED!

El Tejano
12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
someone needs to make a playoff shirt that says DESTROY EVERYONE!

Double Barrel
12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
someone needs to make a playoff shirt that says DESTROY EVERYONE!

That should be the name of our defense...once they earn it! :texflag:

I'm glad he was snubbed if it makes him angry and play with an attitude. I'd love to see Cushing just knock the crap out of our opponent's playmakers. Make them think about it before every play.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2011, 03:40 PM
That should be the name of our defense...once they earn it! :texflag:

I'm glad he was snubbed if it makes him angry and play with an attitude. I'd love to see Cushing just knock the crap out of our opponent's playmakers. Make them think about it before every play.

What's wrong with "Bulls on Parade"?

:stirpot:

Double Barrel
12-29-2011, 03:43 PM

I love it! It makes me feel all tingly inside. :chickendance:

ObsiWan
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Bill.....
:smiliepalm:

Hervoyel
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I love it! It makes me feel all tingly inside. :chickendance:

"Jazz Hands" tingly?

:backsout:

TimeKiller
12-30-2011, 11:10 AM
The fact that Dwight Freeney made it as a probowl starter just goes to show it's all about the name on the back of the jersey. Because the suck pile produced on the front part of it doesn't matter AT ALL apparently. Everyone seems to be happy as long as Suggs, Lewis, Ngata and Reed make it. Oh and Polamalu too because he has nice hair.

It's a popularity contest. Ray Lewis is 1/4 of the player he used to be legitimately earning the honor.

You're not popular Cush. We love you but the rest of the world still thinks of that little problem you had last year. Sorry pards.

SheTexan
12-31-2011, 03:26 AM
I read on FB where Cush got fined $10,000 for a hit on Cam Newton! I don't remember him getting a flag for that. Does anyone else?

TejasTom
12-31-2011, 07:14 AM
I read on FB where Cush got fined $10,000 for a hit on Cam Newton! I don't remember him getting a flag for that. Does anyone else?

2-10 AT HOU 47 (:02 left 1st qtr) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass incomplete short right to 88-G.Olsen. PENALTY on HOU-56-B.Cushing, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at HOU 47 - No Play. (Carolina elects not to extend the quarter with one untimed down.)

Brian Cushing's arm touched Cam's neck on the tackle.

SheTexan
12-31-2011, 04:52 PM
2-10 AT HOU 47 (:02 left 1st qtr) (Shotgun) 1-C.Newton pass incomplete short right to 88-G.Olsen. PENALTY on HOU-56-B.Cushing, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at HOU 47 - No Play. (Carolina elects not to extend the quarter with one untimed down.)

Brian Cushing's arm touched Cam's neck on the tackle.

Thanks!