PDA

View Full Version : TENNESSEE TITANS at HOUSTON TEXANS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
TITANS:

DNP: TE Daniel Graham (illness), WR Lavelle Hawkins (ankle), RB Chris Johnson (ankle), DE Jason Jones (ankle), DE Derrick Morgan (not injury related), DT Shaun Smith (knee).

FULL: LB Gerald McRath (knee, ankle).

TEXANS:

DNP: G Mike Brisiel (ankle), CB Sherrick McManis (ankle), S Troy Nolan (ankle), S Glover Quin (not injury related).

LIMITED: NT Shaun Cody (knee), TE Owen Daniels (knee), TE Joel Dreessen (knee), WR Andre Johnson (hamstring), WR Bryant Johnson (thigh), WR Jeff Maehl (hamstring).

FULL: CB Jason Allen (thumb), NT Earl Mitchell (knee), C Chris Myers (knee), T Eric Winston (calf), QB T.J. Yates (right shoulder).

FWIW: Houston Texans Twitter:

Kubiak on WR Andre Johnson: "He looked pretty good (today). He got better as practice went on."
6 hours ago

Kubiak on WR Andre Johnson: "If today is any indication, we're well on our way to him getting reps on Sunday."
6 hours ago

@johnson80 on playing this Sunday vs. Titans: "Things keep going the way they’re going, then maybe I’ll get a few reps on Sunday.”
1 hour ago

@johnson80 on playing Wk 17: "I feel like I haven’t played football all year. It’ll be fun to get back out there & run around a little bit.”
1 hour ago

MEGA SWATT
12-28-2011, 08:39 PM
cool thanks!

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2011, 09:01 PM
ESPN Injury Report:

Andre Johnson, WR Questionable Dec 28

Comment: Johnson (hamstring) practiced Wednesday and is on track to play against the Titans on Sunday, HoustonTexans.com's Nick Scurfield reports. "He looked pretty good," coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday. "He got better as practice went on. I'm going to sit here and watch him and listen to him and listen to Kap (director of sports medicine/head athletic trainer Geoff Kaplan), but if today is any indication, we're well on our way to having him take some reps on Sunday. That is the goal."

toxictrix
12-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Quin's mom or other relative had a baby. He posted it on twitter. Figure that is why he was out.

TejasTom
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Maehl promoted and received his initiation, hamstring injury.

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Maehl promoted and received his initiation, hamstring injury.

He came in right from the beginning with a big bow around his hammy. Last Thursday and Friday he was already listed with a "hamstring" on the injury report.......but he was able to manage full practice. Today, he was "limited" in practice. His "initiation" naturally begs the question why so many hamstrings. Just in the last 2 weeks we've listed 4 players with hamstring injuries, compared with 13 in the same time frame in the rest of the NFL.:kitten:

Texan_Bill
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm taking a year hiatus from eating ham.... WAAAaaay too many hammy's this season. I'm done.

That said, I'll never give up on pork as a protein option.

TejasTom
12-28-2011, 10:28 PM
... His "initiation" naturally begs the question why so many hamstrings. Just in the last 2 weeks we've listed 4 players with hamstring injuries, compared with 13 in the same time frame in the rest of the NFL.:kitten:

I was really hoping you would have an answer rather than a question.

Is this poor training/stretching regimen, unequal strength between hamstring and quad, nutrition/hydration or bad luck?

SheTexan
12-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Is this poor training/stretching regimen, unequal strength between hamstring and quad, nutrition/hydration or bad luck?

Maybe "Kap" needs to be replaced!

ObsiWan
12-29-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm taking a year hiatus from eating ham.... WAAAaaay too many hammy's this season. I'm done.

That said, I'll never give up on pork as a protein option.

I'm taking a different strategy.
I'm eating all the ham I can find. Maybe there won't be any left next year to cause us any trouble.
:chef:

nero THE zero
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Quin's mom or other relative had a baby. He posted it on twitter. Figure that is why he was out.

That was his wife.

HJam72
12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Wasn't at all impressed with Caldwell and hoping Briesel is back by playoffs. Anyone know what his time-frame is???

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I was really hoping you would have an answer rather than a question.

TejasTom, I've actually addressed this in many past posts. However, what you listed were points of concern that would have to go into the factoring of all of these hamstring injuries. The lockout would have had to factor in more heavily into the early season injuries, but its influence should have faded by the second third of the season. IMO, the training staff must take a significant amount of credit for the inordinate number of injuries this team has sustained as well as some of the questionable rehab regimens and decisions they have pursued.

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Wasn't at all impressed with Caldwell and hoping Briesel is back by playoffs. Anyone know what his time-frame is???

I'm wondering if Caldwell is still dealing with the high ankle sprain he sustained early in the season, possibly its aggravation.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm taking a different strategy.
I'm eating all the ham I can find. Maybe there won't be any left next year to cause us any trouble.
:chef:

Well played, sir!

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2011, 05:27 PM
G Brisiel, CB Joseph, CB McManis and S Nolan did not practice on today

CloakNNNdagger
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Quin went from DNP (non-injury) to FP today.

But J. Joseph DNP (non-injury) today.

Norg
12-29-2011, 09:01 PM
They realllllyyyy need to rest all our starters dont even suit up imo.

CloakNNNdagger
12-30-2011, 06:14 PM
HOUSTON TEXANS

Out
G Mike Brisiel (Ankle/DNP), CB Sherrick McManis (Ankle/dnp), S Troy Nolan (Ankle/dnp)

Probable
CB Jason Allen (Thumb/Full), NT Shaun Cody (Knee/Full), TE Owen Daniels (Knee/Limited), TE Joel Dreessen (Knee/Limited), WR Andre Johnson (Hamstring/Limited), WR Bryant Johnson (Thigh/Limited), WR Jeff Maehl (Hamstring/Limited), NT Earl Mitchell (Knee/Full), C Chris Myers (Knee/Full), T Eric Winston (Calf/Full), QB T.J. Yates (R. Shoulder/Full)

Non-Injured Players
CB Johnathan Joseph (Full)**, S Glover Quin (Full)*

*Glover Quin missed Wednesday’s practice with a family-related matter
**Johnathan Joseph missed Thursday’s practice attending to a personal matter

TENNESSEE TITANS

Doubtful
DE Jason Jones (Ankle/DNP)

Questionable
TE Daniel Graham (Illness/Full), WR Lavelle Hawkins (Ankle/Full), RB Chris Johnson (Ankle/Full), LB Gerald McRath (Knee/Ankle/Full), DT Shaun Smith (Knee/Full)
link (http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/12/30/texans-titans-friday-injury-report-4/)