PDA

View Full Version : Falcons vs Saints

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Anybody watching this game?

Looks like the Saints got a running game.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Our front seven is a lot better than both these teams. Ryan & Brees are getting all kinds of time to make those throws.

Those receivers also did not have free reign of the field like they appear to tonight.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Wow, I did not realize the NFC South was so close.

If the Falcons win tonight, they'll prevent the Saints from resting any players next week as the game will decide who wins the division.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I can't stand watching Matt Ryan play and I don't know what Mike Smith is trying to accomplish with him. Coming from the AFC South where he had to defend against Peyton, it seems like he's trying to turn Matt Ryan into Peyton Manning and Ryan is NO PEYTON MANNING.

Seriously, every time Ryan goes up to the line he tries to audible every single time and tries to motion everyone around/change plays like manning does. He has his lineman holding their stances forever. Newsflash Ryan and Smith...Matt Ryan is not Peyton Manning and you're not the freaking Colts. Call a play and then get to the line and run a freaking play, stop trying to change everything up every time you get lined up. It's annoying to watch, it isn't really working, and I also think it's costing them ball games..I think it cost them a game versus us with a couple of crucial delay of game & false start penalties.

ChampionTexan
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, I did not realize the NFC South was so close.

If the Falcons win tonight, they'll prevent the Saints from resting any players next week as the game will decide who wins the division.

Even if the Saints win tonight, they'll be playing starters next week, as they'll be tied with San Fran for the #2 seed. If both win (or they both lose), San Fran gets the bye, but since both games start at noon (our time), no starters will be sitting for either team.

stingray
12-26-2011, 10:34 PM
I can't stand watching Matt Ryan play and I don't know what Mike Smith is trying to accomplish with him. Coming from the AFC South where he had to defend against Peyton, it seems like he's trying to turn Matt Ryan into Peyton Manning and Ryan is NO PEYTON MANNING.

Seriously, every time Ryan goes up to the line he tries to audible every single time and tries to motion everyone around/change plays like manning does. He has his lineman holding their stances forever. Newsflash Ryan and Smith...Matt Ryan is not Peyton Manning and you're not the freaking Colts. Call a play and then get to the line and run a freaking play, stop trying to change everything up every time you get lined up. It's annoying to watch, it isn't really working, and I also think it's costing them ball games..I think it cost them a game versus us with a couple of crucial delay of game & false start penalties.

The Falcons are really trying hard to make Ryan into an elite QB and I think it's hurting them. And I don't think he will ever be in that class of manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees. He's a very good QB with a limited ceiling. They gave up there whole draft to get Julio Jones just to get him another weapon.

They should saved their picks and should have concentrated on building their defesne because that's where they need the help.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 11:41 PM
The Falcons are really trying hard to make Ryan into an elite QB and I think it's hurting them. And I don't think he will ever be in that class of manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees. He's a very good QB with a limited ceiling. They gave up there whole draft to get Julio Jones just to get him another weapon.

They should saved their picks and should have concentrated on building their defense because that's where they need the help.

I think they're also hurting Ryan's development and progression. They're trying to turn him into something he's not and somebody that he can never be (I've had this opinion for awhile and it wasn't just tonight or after their game against us).

Mike Smith and/or their offensive coaches are acting like what Manning was able to accomplish was built within a structured offensive system. That is not nor has anything to do with any offensive system (reason why any other QB who went under center for the Colts NEVER got the freedom to audiblize like he did)....that was all PEYTON MANNING, so you're not going to be able to duplicate it. Mike Smith got burned for many years in this division (like we all did) and now he's trying to create another Manning inside another division and it simply isn't realistic and it's not going to work. Instead of letting Ryan be Ryan and building around what he does well and what he's capable of, he's going to hurt the kid trying to turn him into something that he never can be.

Call a play...run a play. Ryan is a pretty good QB when he's not asked to do so much thinking and allowed to just run plays. All that audiblizing also kills the momentum and all offensive flow. Even when they get a HUGE offensive play..they have to line up and then sit on the ball for another 35 seconds while Ryan points, checks out of plays, and motions people around. I've only seen one player be able to run a offense like that and he wore #18 for the Colts, that shouldn't be a system that you ask another QB try to perform. Brady doesn't do it, Rodgers doesn't do it, Brees doesn't do it, Montana didn't do it, and really no QB before Manning consistently did it like he does...and there's a reason for that.