PDA

View Full Version : I Believe

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I want to know where you are as a fan, do you believe or don't you.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

Will he be talking about you?

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 01:35 PM
i believe we can win the superbowl. To me it just seems we are destined to, with all the injuries, and the recent 2 game collapse. We go limping into the play-offs, like rocky balboa against the Russian, we appear to be down and out, and then bam, we hit em with a right and a left, we ride that to the AFC championship game where we counter with a deadly upper cut. In the super bowl we go all out MMA on these fools with a round house straight to the head. :texanbill:

Playoffs
12-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins were the starting Super Bowl QBs in 2001.

One of them won it. I believe.

bckey
12-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess you haven't watched the games TJ Yates has started. The Texans scraped by the Bengals and Falcons. Those 2 could have easily been losses. Both games came down to the very end and the Texans were very lucky especially with the dropped ball by Atlanta in the endzone. In the Bengals game the Texans played terrible the 1st half. They were lucky to still be in the game. The 2 losses were to teams with losing records. Carolina has a terrible defense and yet the Texans were unable to move the football. Indy was a 1 win team when the Texans came to town. The refs were bad no doubt but the fact is the Texans did nothing to put this team away. They were beaten by a qb cut by Kubiak.

Now lets move forward to the playoffs. I think there is a 50/50 chance the Texans win at home against the Bengals/Titans/Jets/Raiders. Those teams are beatable with Yates at qb, Andre back and the Texans defense with Wade back. Lets say the Texans make it out with a win. The next game will be against Baltimore or Pittsburgh depending on who wins the division. The Texans couldn't win at Baltimore with Schaub at qb. They beat a wounded Steelers team in Houston (offensive line). I would rather play the Steelers out of those 2 but they have a crap load of playoff experience.

Probably the best chance for the Texans would be that the wildcard team from the AFC north goes up to New England and beats them because the Texans would have 0 chance of beating them unless Brady was on ir. I just don't think the Texans can beat New England/Baltimore/Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs. I'm basing this on the 4 games the Texans have started with Yates. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

burro
12-26-2011, 02:27 PM
I believe it's possible, because weirder things have happened. Outside of that, I'm just hoping for the best. Perhaps, if Kubiak would take the harness off of T.J. I would be more confident.

SrslySirius
12-26-2011, 02:30 PM
No.

Cliffnotes version.

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Cliffnotes version.

:spit:

paycheck71
12-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way our offense has been playing with TJ.

ObsiWan
12-26-2011, 02:51 PM
The easy path would be to say, "hell no".
So many things have to go right for any team to win the big one. And we haven't exactly looked to be on our "A-game" during the last two weeks (I know, understatement of the year). Truth is, right now, we're a long shot. Just like the Giants were against the undefeated Pats (who had the best QB, best WRs and the best HC in the league) and just like the injured Packers were last year.
Even longer.
But, hey, sometimes longshots come through.

So I'm riding this ride as long as it lasts.

Thorn
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
It's possible we might win our first playoff game against whoever the 6th seed is, but after that, once we start facing the likes of Baltimore and New England on the road, it's over.

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way Kubiak calls the offense playing with TJ.

There i fixed it for you ;)

Playoffs
12-26-2011, 02:55 PM
If you get there, you can win it.

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl. I believe.

Wolf6151
12-26-2011, 02:57 PM
With our terrible play calling, bad play from the O-line, and the inexperience of Yates I voted Hell No.

MistaRed
12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I think we can win the wild card game regardless of the opponent. Past that, I'm not sure we can defeat Baltimore or Pittsburgh on the road. I give us a slightly better chance to be the Pats because their defense is so terrible. It all depends on how we perform in the wild card game.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though. Hell no just sounds too negative.

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though.

Nothing wrong with a little blind faith, hell i think it is what drives 90% of the world population.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Nothing wrong with a little blind faith, hell i think it is what drives 90% of the world population.

:) I had blind faith up until around 2005..after that I lost my "football religion" When it comes to football (hell just being a Houston sports fan in general), I'm more of a "big bang" theorist and have more of a scientific P.O.V. LOL, this city has beat the faith out of me.

ObsiWan
12-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Do I "believe it could happen"...yes, anything is possible and weirder stuff has happened in this league. Do I think it will happen or is likely to happen? No I don't so I had to vote "hell no"...would rather have a "not likely" option though. Hell no just sounds too negative.

Actually, that's what I would have voted too. I may, what was it you said, "pump sunshine and crap rainbows" at times but I'm enough of a realist to know that, right now, with most of our offensive arsenal either gimpy or totally gone, and our 3rd string QB only able to average 16 pts/game, we are a very, very, very long shot.

TexCanada
12-26-2011, 03:26 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Buffi2
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Sometimes you just have to rely on a miracle:glasshalffull:

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Actually, that's what I would have voted too. I may, what was it you said, "pump sunshine and crap rainbows" at times but I'm enough of a realist to know that, right now, with most of our offensive arsenal either gimpy or totally gone, and our 3rd string QB only able to average 16 pts/game, we are a very, very, very long shot.

Yeah, I apologize for that... I was extremely pissed off after losing to a 1-14 Colts team. After bad loses like that I'm going to start enforcing a self mandated 5 day rule. Where I have to unplug for about 5 days. It used to only take a couple of days, but when DanO beats you on a last second pass, that one could've used a few more extra days to decompress. :)

ObsiWan
12-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I apologize for that... I was extremely pissed off after losing to a 1-14 Colts team. After bad loses like that I'm going to start enforcing a self mandated 5 day rule. Where I have to unplug for about 5 days. It used to only take a couple of days, but when DanO beats you on a last second pass, that one could've used a few more extra days to decompress. :)

No harm done.
We were all pissed.
I was pissed at the zebras who kept taking outstanding defensive plays and turning them into first downs while also stopping the clock.

Speaking of which, the Texans said they were going to send 6-7 plays into the league office. I wonder how they responded...?

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I answered yes just because I'm not saying "hell no". But realistically, it will be very difficult with the way our offense has been playing with TJ.

I understand this.

& that's okay.

I know it's not going to be easy. The Texans have a lot of crap they've got to overcome, a lot of things are going to have to fall our way.

I'm asking if you are behind this team, do you believe in them boys on Kirby?

Yes or no. You answered yes, you're a fanatic..... reality has no place in this conversation.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 03:43 PM
No harm done.
We were all pissed.
I was pissed at the zebras who kept taking outstanding defensive plays and turning them into first downs while also stopping the clock.

Speaking of which, the Texans said they were going to send 6-7 plays into the league office. I wonder how they responded...?

They never really respond.. They hate to admit when they're wrong. If J.J. Watt doesn't get a fine, that's basically the closest you'll get to them admitting fault. They really did royally screw us though. It felt like every drive the Colts had was extended by a questionable call.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
If you get there, you can win it.

Rex Grossman got to the Super Bowl. I believe.

Very similar circumstances. When it was time for the nut-cutting, the Bears run game did not show up.

That's why I think it is important we work on the finer points of our run game these last few weeks. Especially adding a RG to the mix this late in the game.

We can't put our play-off hopes in Tj. He's a cog that has to do his part, but his part can't be too big. We can't expect him to turn into Rogers, or Brady, or Brees. He's got to be our Dilfer or Johnson. Do his part, don't screw it up.

If we're going to win the Super Bowl, it's going to be a team win.

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Very similar circumstances. When it was time for the nut-cutting, the Bears run game did not show up.

That's why I think it is important we work on the finer points of our run game these last few weeks. Especially adding a RG to the mix this late in the game.

We can't put our play-off hopes in Tj. He's a cog that has to do his part, but his part can't be too big. We can't expect him to turn into Rogers, or Brady, or Brees. He's got to be our Dilfer or Johnson. Do his part, don't screw it up.

If we're going to win the Super Bowl, it's going to be a team win.

the way they have been talking is that Brisel will be back by the first play-off game, oh lord i hope so.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 03:57 PM
They never really respond.. They hate to admit when they're wrong. If J.J. Watt doesn't get a fine, that's basically the closest you'll get to them admitting fault. They really did royally screw us though. It felt like every drive the Colts had was extended by a questionable call.

If I were Caldwell, the first time I saw any player sack my QB with a leg tackle, I'd be all over the referees. The second time even more so. The third time... I'm expecting a flag.

I don't think JJ did anything wrong on any of his sacks. But, I saw three times where he got Orlovsky around the legs & I think they were all on that last drive.

It sucks that he was flagged on the one he was pushed into the QB, I think they need to rewrite the rule.

He beat a guard on one play, was falling down, lunged to the right of Orlovsky, got one hand on his hip, the other on a knee & brought him down. Another, Orlovsky was running out of the pocket & JJ got a shoe string tackle (probably went down as a 1 yard gain). Then there was the last time where he was forced into the back of the QBs legs & that was the one I thought was dangerous..... shouldn't have been called because he was pushed, but rolling up on the back of the legs is dangerous.

But like I said earlier, in another thread. One or two questionable calls on the last drive, I can understand. But three.... when they let so much go earlier.... that sounds very fishy to me.

Premier
12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
its amazing how so many of you have this game of football all figured out. the reality of the situation is you know absolutely nothing, theres a reason you work some 9-5 job and arent on the sidelines or behind a camera analyzing this game. all the team is asking you to do is believe in them and you cant even do that.. what a shame..

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 04:39 PM
its amazing how so many of you have this game of football all figured out. the reality of the situation is you know absolutely nothing, theres a reason you work some 9-5 job and arent on the sidelines or behind a camera analyzing this game. all the team is asking you to do is believe in them and you cant even do that.. what a shame..

As fans, we expect them to put out 120% for 60 minutes.

In return, all we've got to do is believe...

SheTexan
12-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Been believing for the previous nine years. Why would I stop now?

GNTLEWOLF
12-26-2011, 04:50 PM
This is a little early. We've got a game to go before we go into the post season.

I'm not asking if you think we'll lose, fall on our face, go one & done, but hope you are wrong. If this is you, you don't believe.

When Brian Cushing is holding up that Lombardi as the Super Bowl MVP & he says, "Nobody gave us a chance, Nobody thought we could win it all."

You really want to know what I believe?.. I have posted this before and I'm sticking to it. I believe we are the Cincinatti Bengals and Gary Kubiak is Marvin Lewis. I believe this team with this coach will hoover around a .500 record, never really distinguishing themselves as a top tier team or a bottom feeder, but always just average. Oh occassionally they will have an up year (like this one) or a really down year(like last year) but usually they flutter a game or two within .500. Nothing special.
How do I explain this year? an anomoly...The AFC south as a whole was down. The Colts were not even a shadow of their former selves without Manning. The Titans, as well, were not as good as they have been in the past. And the Jags were even worse than they have ever been. We beat a Steelers team early in the season while they were still trying to get their legs under them. Everyone else were either loosers or mid-level teams like ourselves whose games might have gone either way. But over all, we are the AFC South Bengals, and I imagine that next year we will come back to earth.
I haven't really posted much about this because I have been actually enjoying the "our up year division championship run."
But, as far as the play-offs go, we are one and done, and we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting to the Superbowl.
So to answer your question, if by some miracle Bryan Cushing is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, and doing it because the Houston Texans have won it, and not because he took a temporary job as a trophy hoister for some other team; then yes he will be talking about me. I do not believe!

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 04:54 PM

WTH are you talking about? You've been on this board for a New York minute. You don't know crap about any poster here and you don't know anything about our "fandom". :rolleyes: Jesus Christ, I can't stand these self proclaimed "super fans".

P.S.

If you're "behind a camera" you're just another 9-5 Joe, it's the people in front of the camera that analyze the games. None of that really matters though, because you don't need to be a "pro" in order to have a freaking opinion.

Premier
12-26-2011, 05:16 PM
WTH are you talking about? You've been on this board for a New York minute. You don't know crap about any poster here and you don't know anything about our "fandom". :rolleyes: Jesus Christ, I can't stand these self proclaimed "super fans".

P.S.

If you're "behind a camera" you're just another 9-5 Joe, it's the people in front of the camera that analyze the games. None of that really matters though, because you don't need to be a "pro" in order to have a freaking opinion.

did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 05:22 PM
did you vote "hell no"... If so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. You can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. You can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. Your opinion is irrelevant.. Yes you, your, opinion is irrelevant. And your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. Nice ps though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..

msr

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 05:39 PM
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, you're failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only Texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..

:vincepalm: I never asked for your respect and that's not why I brought up the freaking join date. I brought it up, because you just got here and now you're trying to swing around some big paint brush, painting us as bad fans (when you clearly don't know us) and trying to tell us how much of a better fan you are (again...when you don't know us from Adam). It's completely STUPID and you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Another thing, I know my opinion is irrelevant in the big scheme of things.....just as IRRELEVANT as yours, just as IRRELEVANT as some "talking head" on T.V... but it's STILL a opinion and opinions that I can make on a message board without holding some league position. I guess according to you we should just shut down the board and have no football discussions at all.. I mean what's the point in making irrelevant opinions? Or maybe we could keep the board up, but in order to post you have to prove that you work or played in the league? Yeah, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of discussion going on then :rolleyes:

You also don't know what the hell you're talking about when you try to tie "fan support" to always being in the tank and gung ho about your team. That's completely misinformed and flat out wrong. I've been stationed up north and I've seen how to a fan, they support their teams. NY Giant fans, Philly fans, Chicago fans are >>>> than Houston Texan fans and much more passionate and they are also HIGHLY critical of their teams and sometimes blatantly honest. Especially Philly fans who slam their team, but they're still recognized as EXTREMELY PASSIONATE FANS and some of the best in the league (I know they get in their seats before the 1st quarter is over...) I know what my job being a fan is.. it's to support this team through thick and thin and I do that by buying tickets..going out to games..and buying all the other crap they sale. It's not my "job" to swallow the company line and always be rah rah...I actually have a brain which allows me to think for myself. So you can go ahead and park your high horse and get off.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Especially Philly fans who slam their team, but they're still recognized as EXTREMELY PASSIONATE FANS and some of the best in the league

There's nothing wrong with being critical or brutally honest. But I guarantee you if the Eagles had made it.... (I think they have no chance since the Giants won)... but if they made it, to a tee they would all believe they can win the Super Bowl.

Once you get in, it's a whole new season. They don't know which Eagles team would show up, but they believe they have a chance.

I'm not questioning your fandom.... it takes all kinds. But I agree with Premier, in this case, the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.

EVOLVIST
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM

Just playing devil's advocate here - but I believe there's a valid argument to the contrary:

All the team is asking me to do is believe? I don't think so. "The Team" is defined as it's many parts, all of which are mutually inclusive to the whole - never are they seperated, even when you view the players individually.

"The Team" is Bob McNair, and he asked that we spent our money on a stadium so that we can be entertained. He also ask for our money in the form of merchandise, tickets, hotdogs and beer so that we can be entertained.

"The Team" is the coaching staff, and on another level as entertainers, they would rather be left the hell alone to do their jobs. They know that they must perform in front of the media, etc...but if they had their druthers, they wouldn't jump through all the extra hoops of press conferences, et al.

"The Team" are the players, and more often than not they have forgotten they are in the entertainment industry; and though, by and large, they are more accessible to the public - as opposed to film actors and actresses - their art is, nevertheless, under more scrutiny by the above mentioned "team players."

When you go see a film you believe you are putting your money down in good faith that the film will be good. But not all of them are good. You might be going to see the work of your favorite actors or actresses. You might be going because you love the director. You might be going because the plot, alone, sounds good. All of this is rather blind; yet you go anyway, because of your own belief.

In short, belief has nothing to do with the end result...and I'm not so sure that the powers-that-be are asking you to believe in anything other than your pocketbook.

EVOLVIST
12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.

But how is believeing in the team going to affect what happens on the field (unless we are prescribing to an Eastern stream of thought that says we are all one and the actions of the one affect the actions of the many on a quantum level)?

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with being critical or brutally honest. But I guarantee you if the Eagles had made it.... (I think they have no chance since the Giants won)... but if they made it, to a tee they would all believe they can win the Super Bowl.

Once you get in, it's a whole new season. They don't know which Eagles team would show up, but they believe they have a chance.

I'm not questioning your fandom.... it takes all kinds. But I agree with Premier, in this case, the Texans need all the "I believe" fans they can get right now.

LOL...um yeah, have them make the playoffs and then have to rely on :vincepalm: or a third string QB and see how many of them "would honestly believe they're going to get past NOLA and G.B. and win the SB".

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:06 PM

The Eagles would have reason to believe.

They have an excellent head coach who has been to the big game once already and slew of championship games to boot.

They also have an elite quarterback.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
But how is believeing in the team going to affect what happens on the field (unless we are prescribing to an Eastern stream of thought that says we are all one and the actions of the one affect the actions of the many on a quantum level)?

If we don't win the SB, it'll all be our fault. :crying:

Screw it, I'll be y'all's "McGrady"...y'all can all blame me. If we don't win the SB, it's my fault.

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:13 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/11/128812704435232668.jpg

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
The Eagles would have reason to believe.

They have an excellent head coach who has been to the big game once already and slew of championship games to boot.

They also have an elite quarterback.

The Texans are going to win the Super Bowl.

When that happens, a lot of people are going to say, "I knew they could do it."

I knew Brian & Watt & Reed & Demeco were bad mamajama's.

I knew Jjo & Quin & Manning & Kj & Allen & McCain were winners.

I knew Wade was a genius.

I knew through all his faults Kubiak was "good enough"

I knew Arian was special

I knew Duane Brown was the baddest man on the planet.

I knew the Texans were on the right track....

Some of the people who will say that are saying it now. The others won't be saying it till after it's a done deal.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:19 PM
:gun: Well I guess its good you made it a public poll, that way we can easily tell who was right and went all Miss Cleo up in here.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 06:20 PM
:gun: Well I guess you should've made it a public poll, that way we could easily tell who was right and went all Miss Cleo up in here.

It is a public poll

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 06:20 PM

I knew Arian was special

Some of the people who will say that are saying it now. The others won't be saying it till after it's a done deal.

yeah a lot of people do, kind of like how before TJ yates started everyone was like he has no chance, after he pulls off 3 wins they all "knew he would be great all along" and now they cant believe Kubiak ever gave the kid a shot to begin with :vincepalm: it is almost comical to see people opinions change week to week, and then in the end they say "they knew all along" haha

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:22 PM
It is a public poll

I know..already edited.

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:24 PM

I knew Arian was special

Fortunately I've never been really hung up on being right.

It's really easy for me to say I was wrong. I do it all the time

Additionally, I know that NFL results have nothing to do with whether I believe one thing or another.

My common sense tells me there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the team that just lost to the worst team in the league is going to win the Super Bowl.

I also know that the fact that I don't believe the Texans can win the Super Bowl doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else. I'll still be cheering them on. I just won't have any irrational fantasies in my head while I'm cheering.

You have me on record right now saying it's not going to happen this year and, if it does, I'll be the first to say I was dead wrong.

But it's not going to happen....

EllisUnit
12-26-2011, 06:27 PM

It's really easy for me to say I was wrong. I do it all the time

Additionally, I know that NFL results have nothing to do with whether I believe one thing or another.

My common sense tells me there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the team that just lost to the worst team in the league is going to win the Super Bowl.

I also know that the fact that I don't believe the Texans can win the Super Bowl doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else. I'll still be cheering them on. I just won't have any irrational fantasies in my head while I'm cheering.

You have me on record right now saying it's not going to happen this year and, if it does, I'll be the first to say I was dead wrong.

But it's not going to happen....

you know what the little engine who could kept on saying. i think i can, i think i can. :whip:

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:29 PM
you know what the little engine who could kept on saying. i think i can, i think i can. :whip:

LOL!

Hopefully that's what Yates says to himself every night before he nods off.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
yeah a lot of people do, kind of like how before TJ yates started everyone was like he has no chance, after he pulls off 3 wins they all "knew he would be great all along" and now they cant believe Kubiak ever gave the kid a shot to begin with :vincepalm: it is almost comical to see people opinions change week to week, and then in the end they say "they knew all along" haha

A lot of the things he listed above...I had nailed also.

Nailed Foster from the minute we picked him up (not to the degree he'd be tops in the league...but knew he'd be a player for us and a surprise UDFA)

I knew our front 7 (Barwin, Reed, Cush, Smith, Watt) was going to BEAST and knew we wouldn't miss a beat without Mario...somebody here was WRONG about that, not going to name any names :)

Absolutely nailed Duane Brown when everyone was calling him a reach I saw special ability..me and YoungTexanFan used to go back and forth about it till the cows came home.

I liked the J.Jo and Manning signing also

Thought Wade was going to do a good job for us, I did want Kubes fired after last season though and still believe that he should've been fired

Oh well, just like everybody here...there's things you're right about and there's things you aren't right about. Nobody is right about everything.

BullBlitz
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Unusual things happen in NFL games all the time. But for us to win the wildcard game, the division game, the conference game and then the Super Bowl? Nope.

Playoffs
12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
I assume that the 46%* who voted "Hell No" will not be watching the Texans if they play in the Super Bowl...

Because why would you watch your team that is certain to lose the game?

If you watch, then some part of you believes the Texans might win,
So you voted wrong in the poll. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/JC-thinking.gif

*My guess is a bunch of skirt wearing, cousin-marrying Titans fans cranked up the generator and surfed over to TT on their Commodore 64s to do their outhouse business here on our forum. http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/images/smilies/hillbilly.gif

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I assume that the 46%* who voted "Hell No" will not be watching the Texans if they play in the Super Bowl...

Just because I believe they won't go to the Super Bowl, won't win the Super Bowl, can't win the Super Bowl that doesn't mean there's no chance.

Like I said earlier, I've been wrong before. I've been wrong many times.

I don't believe the Texans will win the Super Bowl, but I'm going to cheer for them anyway and hope for the best.

There are mornings I get up and look outside and see dark thunderclouds. I'm fairly certain it's going to rain, but I hope I'm wrong.

See how that works?

False Start
12-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I believe, we nut up and beat the Tinbreds this week. It just depends on who we play on the first round of the playoffs before I make my decision on the rest of the way. :texflag:

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:45 PM

So you voted wrong in the poll. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/JC-thinking.gif

*My guess is a bunch of skirt wearing, cousin-marrying Titans fans cranked up the generator and surfed over to TT on their Commodore 64s to do their outhouse business here on our forum. http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/images/smilies/hillbilly.gif

:vincepalm: And I assume the 55% who voted "hell yes" will be waiting outside of Kubiak's house with pitch forks ready to run him clear out of town when he fails to deliver your "expectations" for another season.

Because why would you want to keep around a coach who couldn't win a game that you expected to win.. Because if you don't ask him to be fired, then some part of you "believes" the Texans have no shot

See, two can play this game. :)

Playoffs
12-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Just because I believe they won't go to the Super Bowl, won't win the Super Bowl, can't win the Super Bowl that doesn't mean there's no chance. Then you voted wrong.

See how that works? :smiliepalm:

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Then you voted wrong.

Really?

I don't think so.

Observe:

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Then you voted wrong.

Saying your team has a shot, doesn't mean you believe they'll win the SB. You can feel your team has a shot and still think they aren't going to win the SB...and if they DID win the SB, who the hell would really give a flying flip if they were wrong about that? Seriously, what point are you trying to make here?

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 07:06 PM

For me, it's not about being right. It's about being behind our team 100% every step of the way.

Again, if you've got concerns, that's ok. If you've got honest to God constructive criticism, that's ok.

On paper, this doesn't look like the best team in the league. I have my own concerns about Gary Kubiak.

But I believe in the Houston Texans.

Jan 1, I'm going to be at Reliant & I'm going to do my damndest to make sure the team understand where I'm at. I have a feeling there will be 70,000+ on hand doing the same.

& we're going to do the same thing Wild Card weekend.

When they go on the road to Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I hope they remember those 70,000+ & whup some ass.

I'll be rooting for whoever to beat New England, to bring the AFC Championship game back to Houston & I'll be in that crowd (tickets already bought & paid for) supporting my team 100%

It's not about being right... it's about being behind them boys on Kirby.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 07:08 PM
For me, it's not about being right. It's about being behind our team 100% every step of the way.

Again, if you've got concerns, that's ok. If you've got honest to God constructive criticism, that's ok.

There's not a person in this forum who "isn't behind them boys on Kirby".

And didn't you get the memo... Apparently there's no such thing as "constructive or non-constructive criticism"...all our opinions are irrelevent. :)

Playoffs
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Saying your team has a shot, doesn't mean you believe they'll win the SB. You can feel your team has a shot and still think they aren't going to win the SB...and if they DID win the SB, who the hell would really give a flying flip if they were wrong about that? Seriously, what point are you trying to make here?

And that was the exact poll question: Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 07:12 PM

No doubt in my mind we're going to win the Super Bowl. I've been saying that all year long.

Well, when Schaub got hurt, I said we might not win.

But I've come around.... we're going to win.

Carr Bombed
12-26-2011, 07:13 PM

When the options are hell yes or hell no...it's kinda either or...not really "can".

I've already said (maybe you should go back and read) do I think it's impossible...no I don't, nothing is...weirder stuff has happened (even said that), but do I think they will.. Nope at this point I don't think we're going to be SB champs, sorry.

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
When the options are hell yes or hell no...it's kinda either or...not really "can".

I've already said (maybe you should go back and read) do I think it's impossible...no I don't, nothing is...weirder stuff has happened (even said that), but do I think they will.. Nope at this point I don't think we're going to be SB champs, sorry.

That's correct. That's the way I worded the question. You're in or you're out.

No shame either way.

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM

I am behind them 100%.

At the same time my common sense tells me they don't have what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.

The evidence of that was on full display last Thursday night. We all saw it. The Texans lost to the worst team in the league. And it wasn't a fluke.

The Texans. Got Beat. By the worst team in the league.

It's possible to be a great fan and not delude yourself into believing that your team has what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM

Look again:

Wolf
12-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I am with what others have said. I believe that anything can happen in the playoffs. However with the way the offense has played, I can't say I have much faith in that side of the ball along with the inconsistencies of Rackers. Controlling the Time of possession is a must for this offense. We have some high motor defensive guys that Need their rest or we will see failure in the 4th quarter again because they are gassed.

I didn't vote because there is a difference between game day faith and non-game day faith.

I haven't seen this offense put up more than 20 and that is cutting it close with a defense giving up around 17. But that doesn't mean I won't be screaming my head off on game day

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
It's possible to be a great fan and not delude yourself into believing that your team has what it takes to beat the best teams in the league on the road.

I don't think it's being delusional.

We only won 6 games in 2006, but one of our last wins was against the eventual Super Bowl Champs.

The teams that finish the season are rarely ever the same teams that started the season. The Panthers are a better team than what their record shows.

We are not that top 10 offensive team that our stats say we are (11 now). I think the last 4 games were crucial for showing us who we are (now) & what we have to do to be the team we want to be. I also think we have the coaches & a system to get us there.

I doubt our coach is talking about how we lost to the worst team in the NFL. Losers do that. Instead, winners (our team) are talking about the mistakes we made that prevented us from winning that game.

Just like they talked about the mistakes that were made that lost the Panthers game..... Tj made better decisions & didn't put us in bad situations... albeit he may have gone too far to the other side, the safe side. Something I'm sure we're going to correct.

I'm really glad we clinched our division as early as we did, & I'm glad that we weren't doing whatever it takes to win down the stretch..... instead, I think, it was a blessing that we were able to work on our fundamentals.

That's why I think we're going to win the Super Bowl.

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 07:53 PM
I doubt our coach is talking about how we lost to the worst team in the NFL. Losers do that. Instead, winners (our team) are talking about the mistakes we made that prevented us from winning that game.

I certainly hope that's true. As Head Coach he has a responsibility to keep the team believing in their ability to win.

As a fan, I have no such responsibility. I can be brutally honest with no fear of killing team morale.

I think we're going to win the Super Bowl.

And as a fellow Texans fan, I hope you're right.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?
Hell YEAH!!!
hell no

Hell NO to either one...

How about we play well (win-or-loss) but make the Texans "relevant"! How about that??

At the end of the day, NO..... We won't win the Super Bowl.. That said, we could still make a helluva run!! NO?

thunderkyss
12-26-2011, 08:12 PM
How about we play well (win-or-loss) but make the Texans "relevant"! How about that??

Sounds like someone needs to start their own thread.

:kitten:

TexansFanatic
12-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Hell NO to either one...

At the end of the day, NO..... We won't win the Super Bowl.. That said, we could still make a helluva run!! NO?

Tried to rep you. MSR

BullBlitz
12-26-2011, 08:16 PM

I voted no, but I always watch the Super Bowl, and I will watch this one. If we get into this one, which I think is unlikely, I hope I will have the opportunity to see the Saints vs the Texans. Either way, I'm happy.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Sounds like someone needs to start their own thread.

:kitten:
Meh!! It's been started all too often!!! ;)

Tried to rep you. MSR

No worries cat, we're on the same page.

80tothezone
12-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I think it will be tough but we can do it. Playoffs always are

Nitrofish
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM
IMHO the people who voted HELL NO are still behind the Texans, but the heartbreak they have suffered over the last 9 seasons has caused them to shield themselves from further pain and suffering by using rational thought instead of kool-aid induced beliefs.

Having said that I feel they sell themselves short because after all this is just a game... If said miracle should happen will you guys really enjoy the win as much as you would have before you became so jaded?

Fan is short for Fanatic... the definition of Fanatic on Dictionary.com follows.

"a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal"

So by definition some would say those who are critical of their Team are not true fans. Do you still wear your Texans gear when you go out in public when they lose to the worst team in the league? I know I do.

IMHO you guys are riding the fence.. you want to have you cake and eat it too. If you stay on the fence then you can still include yourself as a fan of the Texans if they win and enjoy the celebration, but can stay away from the criticism, or heartbreak if they lose.

This poll is worded perfectly... It asks do you believe then CAN win, not is it likely, plausible, or asked you to ad any further explanation. The reality is ANY team in the playoffs CAN win it all. That includes the Texans regardless of what you have seen the last two weeks. 4 weeks if you are one of those who are now questioning the wins over the Falcons and the Bengals.

Do you think the Panthers are saying "yeah we won that game, but we had to result to trick plays to score or rely on their turnovers to win"? Do you think the Colts are saying "Yeah we won, but only because the refs helped us"?

I am happy there are fans who choose to ride the fence and hide behind being realistic... This would be pretty boring if everyone was on the kool-aid.

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 01:01 AM
IMHO the people who voted HELL NO are still behind the Texans, but the heartbreak they have suffered over the last 9 seasons has caused them to shield themselves from further pain and suffering by using rational thought instead of kool-aid induced beliefs.

To me, it's like being in love. Forget rational thought, forget reasoning, and above all else, forget about getting hurt.

Go all in. Throw caution to the wind. Live.

TexansFanatic
12-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Forget rational thought, forget reasoning

Aha! So there is an element of self-delusion here.

No problem. Good for you. Enjoy yourself.

But just because I'm being rational doesn't mean I'm not enjoying this and it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 01:45 AM
But just because I'm being rational doesn't mean I'm not enjoying this and it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

Don't lay that guilt trip on me, if your fan hood is being questioned, that's on you.

mussop
12-27-2011, 01:59 AM
As usual I'm not worried about how Im perceived so I'm going to answer honestly. Hell no! That doesn't mean I dont want us to win. It doesn't mean I wouldn't give my left nut for a win and it doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone that answered hell yes. I really don't see the point in this thread.

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 02:00 AM
As usual I'm not worried about how Im perceived so I'm going to answer honestly. Hell no! That doesn't mean I dont want us to win. It doesn't mean I wouldn't give my left nut for a win and it doesn't make me any less a fan than anyone that answered hell yes. I really don't see the point in this thread.

I really don't see the point of your post.

TexansFanatic
12-27-2011, 02:15 AM
if your fan hood is being questioned, that's on you.

Seriously?

did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan

msr

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Seriously?

I guess CarrBomb is your alter ego.

I thought we had rules against that.

ObsiWan
12-27-2011, 03:32 AM
No doubt in my mind we're going to win the Super Bowl. I've been saying that all year long.

Well, when Schaub got hurt, I said we might not win.

But I've come around.... we're going to win.

I'm with you Jim!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCPJtnNTYdzPqyQ0M53Y7j8L6LJFet-9rEdKvyTukvErziAT4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4

:fans:

TheMatrix31
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Andre Johnson comes back and we take care of the ball, and anything can happen.

Thorn
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
meh.....another thread devolving into another batch of silly "I'm a better fan than you are" posts. Really now, it's getting pretty sad around here. We are all Texan fans or we wouldn't be posting here so damn much. Trying to measure who has the biggest fannish dick in the forum just seems stupid and counter productive to me.

axisv
12-27-2011, 07:55 AM
If we win just one playoff game under the current circumstances the season is a huge success. Next season watch out for the Texans!

TexansFanatic
12-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Great minds think alike.

I'll take your response as acquiescence.

Carr Bombed
12-27-2011, 11:52 AM

What the hell are you talking about now?

As far as "guilt trip"...I don't think the guy was trying to make you "feel guilty". He was stating facts. You can be realistic and be a freaking fan at the same time. Seriously, y'all don't know how idiotic y'all sound by acting like y'all are "super fans" are something. Frankly it's ridiculous.

The poll in this thread is basically a 50/50 split. :vincepalm: I guess half the people who registered for this board are shitty fans and deserve to have their "fandom questioned".

Carr Bombed
12-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I really don't see the point of your post.

I really don't see the point in this thread and can't believe it's produced as many pages as it has.

Texecutioner
12-27-2011, 12:02 PM
What the hell are you talking about now?

Are far as "guilt trip"...I don't think the guy was trying to make you "feel guilty". He was stating facts. You can be realistic and be a freaking fan at the same time. Seriously, y'all don't know how idiotic y'all sound by acting like y'all are "super fans" are something. Frankly it's ridiculous.

The poll in this thread is basically a 50/50 split. :vincepalm: I guess half the people who registered for this board are shitty fans and deserve to have their "fandom questioned".

The poster in question states that the Texans are going to win it all every year no matter what the situation is. This is just "super fan" talk from someone who will deny ever saying any of this after the playoffs are over any way. If you're not saying that we'll win it all or questioning the liklihood of it, then you're a bad fan. Lol!

Sorry, but when I read that stuff around here, I just get a good chuckle and disregard those people's posts going forward. This isn't a cheerleader site last time I checked. It's a Texans football forum where the aspects of the team are discussed and most people's intentions are to discuss them objectively. Anyone who is stupid enough to think that someone isn't an extremely passionate fan for this team when they take all this time out to post and express their feelings on this team as much as many do in here isn't worth the time honestly. Someone who hated this team or wasn't a fan wouldn't even waste the time.

bckey
12-27-2011, 12:11 PM
meh.....another thread devolving into another batch of silly "I'm a better fan than you are" posts. Really now, it's getting pretty sad around here. We are all Texan fans or we wouldn't be posting here so damn much. Trying to measure who has the biggest fannish dick in the forum just seems stupid and counter productive to me.

I agree Thorn.

TK has lost touch with reality when it comes to anything Texans. He overdosed on sunshine and koolaid a while back. And ObsiWan. I rarely agree with anything he posts and that avatar. Seriously? I have both on ignore. I peek once in a while to see if either one has managed to get clean and sober.

Thorn
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree Thorn.

TK has lost touch with reality when it comes to anything Texans. He overdosed on sunshine and koolaid a while back. And ObsiWan. I rarely agree with anything he posts and that avatar. Seriously? I have both on ignore. I peek once in a while to see if either one has managed to get clean and sober.

Somehow, I think you missed the meaning of my post.

badboy
12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
My daddy can beat up your daddy and if you don't believe it you are stupid, Stupid!.
Doody head.

Playoffs
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Since 2000, #3 Seed and lower have a 64% chance of playing in the Super Bowl and a 45% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

2010-11 (XLV)
Packers (#6 NFC Seed) **SB Winner
Steelers (#2 AFC Seed)

2009-10 (XLIV)
Colts (#1 AFC Seed)
Saints (#1 NFC Seed) **SB WInner

2008-09 (XLIII)
Steelers (#2 Seed) **SB Winner
Cardinals (#4 Seed)

2007-08 (XLII)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed)
Giants (#5 NFC Seed) **SB Winner

2006-07 (XLI)
Colts (#3 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Bears (#1 NFC Seed)

2005-06 (XL)
Seattle (#1 NFC Seed)
Steelers (#6 AFC Team) **SB Winner

2004-05 (XXXIX)
Patriots (#2 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Eagles (#1 NFC Seed)

2003-04 (XXXVIII)
Panthers (#3 NFC Seed)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed) **SB Winner

2002 (XXXVII)
Raiders (#1 AFC Seed)
Buccaneers (#2 NFC Seed) **SB Winner

2001 (XXXVI)
Rams (#1 NFC Seed)
Patriots (#1 AFC Seed) **SB Winner

2000 (XXXV)
Ravens (#4 AFC Seed) **SB Winner
Giants (#1 NFC Seed)

Carr Bombed
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Since 2000, #3 Seed and lower have a 64% chance of playing in the Super Bowl and a 45% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Awesome.. How many of those teams were starting a 3rd string rookie QB?

This isn't your average #3 team, it's why if you go to every board of the the other AFC playoff teams and ask them which team would they love to face in the first round, all of them would say the Houston Texans.

OzzO
12-27-2011, 12:44 PM

When that happens, a lot of people are going to say, "I knew they could do it." ..l.

I'd be more like "holy sh1+, they won!!!!" Screaming my head off and running in the streets.

I'm still behind them and hope they have enough in them to believe in themselves and (wake the heck up) do go back on the winning track all the way.

But if it's a black or white answer... I'll go on record as: nah... unfortunately, not this year. Too many seasons of football past and too banged up this year.

Nitrofish
12-27-2011, 01:33 PM

This isn't your average #3 team, it's why if you go to every board of the the other AFC playoff teams and ask them which team would they love to face in the first round, all of them would say the Houston Texans.

Yeah and many of those same fans wanted their teams to draft guys like Ryan Leaf or other questionable players. Does Reggie Bush come to mind? So who cares what they say?

Of course they say that... Few fans actually fully read the articles or for sure not even see the games. They just regurgitate what they have heard in sound bytes here and there so who cares who they say that want to face. I am sure the Steelers, Falcons and Bengals all thought the same thing. "Easy Win" right?

Texan_Bill
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Well, except for the fact that "I am a better fan than you!!" :turtle:

Playoffs
12-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll trade you my Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselback, and Chris Chandler cards for your TJ Yates card?

I'm keeping the Jake Delhomme because his Super Bowl experience may come in handy for the Texans this year.

TexansFanatic
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I'll trade you my Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselback, and Chris Chandler cards for your TJ Yates card?

TJ Yates is a rookie. He has started 4 games. He's 2-2 as the starter.

Rex Grossman was in his 4th season. He'd had 25 starts. That Super Bowl season he was 13-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Trent Dilfer was in his 7th season. He'd had 86 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 10-1 as the starter including playoff games.

Kerry Collins was in his 8th season. He'd had 83 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 14-4 as the starter including playoff games.

Brad Johnson was in his 9th season. He'd had 79 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 12-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Matt Hasselbeck was in his 7th season. He'd had 78 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 15-3 as the starter including playoff games.

Chris Chandler was in his 13th season. He'd had 103 starts. That Super Bowl season, he was 15-1 as the starter including playoff games.

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Great minds think alike.

I'll take your response as acquiescence.

No, not at all. I've posted several times in this thread, that it's not about one fan being a better type of fan than another.

In that one post you quoted, I tagged on along to a shot Premier made at CarrBomb.....

Texecutioner
12-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah and many of those same fans wanted their teams to draft guys like Ryan Leaf or other questionable players. Does Reggie Bush come to mind? So who cares what they say?

Of course they say that... Few fans actually fully read the articles or for sure not even see the games. They just regurgitate what they have heard in sound bytes here and there so who cares who they say that want to face. I am sure the Steelers, Falcons and Bengals all thought the same thing. "Easy Win" right?

Why would any of those teams have thought the Texans were an easy win when they were playing one of the best teams in the AFC record wise??? I don't even think that the Texans or their fans thought that the Colts would be an "easy win." They did "expect" the Texans to win though since the Colts are like 1-50 and they're being led by Dan Orvlosky who pretty much stinks. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the correlation between the Texans match up with the Colts and the Texans match up between all of these other teams that the Texans had to face.

Double Barrel
12-27-2011, 05:36 PM
did you vote "hell no"... if so, im speaking directly at you, youre failing to do your job as a fan, its a simple job. you can have all the opinions you want, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.. you can bicker all year about who sucks and who needs playing time, or who we can and cannot beat, its irrelevant.. your opinion is irrelevant.. yes you, YOUR, opinion is irrelevant. and your join date means nothing either man, texanstalk isnt the only texans forum in the world, you act like people who just registered owe you respect because youve been here for some odd amount of years. nice PS though, its an obvious slip up on my part, but im happy for you that you pointed it out..

Houston Texans, Inc. appreciates your business.

Do You Believe We can Win the Super Bowl?

This question is worded in a very interesting way.

"Can" being the operative word.

The Titans are a long shot to get in the playoffs, and technically they can win the Super Bowl, simply because anything is possible within the potential candidates that make the playoff cut.

So yeah, the Texans can win the Super Bowl, just like 12 teams that make the playoffs can win the Super Bowl, as well.

"Will they win the Super Bowl?" is how TK should have worded it, simply because that's a true dividing line for the sunshine pumpers.

I wonder how many koolaide kids would still vote "yes" if the word "can" was changed to "will"... :hmmm:

Texecutioner
12-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Houston Texans, Inc. appreciates your business.

This question is worded in a very interesting way.

"Can" being the operative word.

The Titans are a long shot to get in the playoffs, and technically they can win the Super Bowl, simply because anything is possible within the potential candidates that make the playoff cut.

So yeah, the Texans can win the Super Bowl, just like 12 teams that make the playoffs can win the Super Bowl, as well.

"Will they win the Super Bowl?" is how TK should have worded it, simply because that's a true dividing line for the sunshine pumpers.

I wonder how many koolaide kids would still vote "yes" if the word "can" was changed to "will"... :hmmm:

ANd don't think for a second that it wasn't worded like that on purpose.

I firmly remember TK stating that he wanted Kubiak gone if the Texans didn't go to the AFC championship or more this season. That was his barometer, but of course I'm sure that he'll claim that he never stated that or that his words were being misinterpreted. It's funny now at the end of the season and we're seeing completely different stances once again.

Double Barrel
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
ANd don't think for a second that it wasn't worded like that on purpose.

I firmly remember TK stating that he wanted Kubiak gone if the Texans didn't go to the AFC championship or more this season. That was his barometer, but of course I'm sure that he'll claim that he never stated that or that his words were being misinterpreted. It's funny now at the end of the season and we're seeing completely different stances once again.

Of course. TK is playing his best jedi mind game tricks with the wording of it.

It's not really applicable to believe if something can happen. Belief really applies to if it will happen in your opinion. The question is not valid to me as a result.

thunderkyss
12-27-2011, 07:42 PM

I did not ask the question wrong. The distinction you made is correct.

I definitely didn't intend to seperate the sunshiners from anyone. We all love this team.

Double Barrel
12-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I did not ask the question wrong. The distinction you made is correct.

I definitely didn't intend to seperate the sunshiners from anyone. We all love this team.

The term "believe" is not applicable to mathematical possibilities, which is what the "can" implies.

Your question is illogical to me.

But, I understand intent, which is why I talk in the thread but refrain from participating in the poll.

thunderkyss
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM
If you haven't voted yet, now's a good time.

GNTLEWOLF
01-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I have voted and I'm sticking with my answer:gun:

EllisUnit
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The term "believe" is not applicable to mathematical possibilities, which is what the "can" implies.

Your question is illogical to me.

But, I understand intent, which is why I talk in the thread but refrain from participating in the poll.

The earth was flat at one time.....didnt you know ???

rush2112mn
01-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Closing my eyes.....saying "I believe" like the little boy in Polar Express......thats me...

thunderkyss
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
http://reslifegeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/pic_morpheus-150x150.jpg

Yessssss.sssss.........

PHAROAH
01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
If andre johnson is healthy and plays to his ability he opens up our offense and we have a very good chance. We have to protect TJ yates as well so we have to control Terrell Suggs he is going to be a beast but the Ravens Secondary is average except for Ed Reed so we have to be careful but I think that we have a good shot at this game.

amazing80
01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
If andre johnson is healthy and plays to his ability he opens up our offense and we have a very good chance. We have to protect TJ yates as well so we have to control Terrell Suggs he is going to be a beast but the Ravens Secondary is average except for Ed Reed so we have to be careful but I think that we have a good shot at this game.

I am pretty sure Brown did not allow Suggs to get to Schaub last game, hopefully he can repeat that....

thunderkyss
01-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I am pretty sure Brown did not allow Suggs to get to Schaub last game, hopefully he can repeat that....

Brown did not allow a sack, but there were two plays that I remember vividly where Brown lost contain & Matt had to add lib..... one I think he was stripped of the ball.

Every Texan needs to step it up if they want to win this game. They can't play as good as they did last time, even Jacoby who had a really good game.... they all have to step it up a notch.

THis is their Super Bowl, gotta leave it all on the field.

ALL

amazing80
01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Brown did not allow a sack, but there were two plays that I remember vividly where Brown lost contain & Matt had to add lib..... one I think he was stripped of the ball.

Every Texan needs to step it up if they want to win this game. They can't play as good as they did last time, even Jacoby who had a really good game.... they all have to step it up a notch.

THis is their Super Bowl, gotta leave it all on the field.

ALL

:clap: