PDA

View Full Version : Do the Colts still get the Number 1 pick???

gafftop
12-23-2011, 07:41 AM
If all the 2 loss teams go winless fron here who gets the no. 1 pick???

gafftop
12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I will feel better about the loss if someone can tell me the Colts lost the inside road to the No. 1 pick with the win. Always looking at the big picture. thanks

Lucky
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
If all the 2 loss teams go winless fron here who gets the no. 1 pick???
Indy. The Rams or the Vikings have to finish with a worse record than the Colts due to their opposition winning % is higher. Indy has to win vs the Jags next week, and either the Rams or Vikings have to lose twice.

BTW, this belongs in the NFL (if not the draft) forum.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Indy. The Rams or the Vikings have to finish with a worse record than the Colts due to their opposition winning % is higher. Indy has to win vs the Jags next week, and either the Rams or Vikings have to lose twice.

BTW, this belongs in the NFL (if not the draft) forum.

Is it total opponents or opponents they defeated?

Lucky
12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Is it total opponents or opponents they defeated?
Total strength of schedule. Indy will play a weaker schedule than both the Rams and Vikings.

alphajoker
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Here's a link explaining what could happen for the 1st pick since Indy has 2 wins now:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82554b79/article/colts-win-creates-mess-in-determining-no-1-draft-pick?module=HP11_cp

Wolf
12-23-2011, 06:35 PM
barring a trade, Indy still has the inside track to Luck no matter what happens.

Rams have Bradford
Vikes just drafted Ponder

kastofsna
12-29-2011, 09:54 AM
barring a trade, Indy still has the inside track to Luck no matter what happens.

Rams have Bradford
Vikes just drafted Ponder

the Vikings would draft Luck if they could. period.

the Rams may wind up with this number one pick (their 4th top 2 pick in the last 5 years, way to go guys! also, no team has lost more games in a 5 year span in NFL history than the Rams!). if so, chances are they'll trade the pick to the highest bidder. i can see it now, the clock for the #1 pick going all the way down to zeros before the Rams announce a trade has been made. it'll be fun at least.

thunderkyss
12-29-2011, 10:28 AM
the Vikings would draft Luck if they could. period.

& they'll be in the same position they are in now.... They've got too much work to do (in my mind) to spend another 1st round pick on QB.

IDEXAN
12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Indy has won only 2 games all year, but it's the last 2 games which involved the division winner and the second-best team (record-wise) in the division who also might go into the playoffs. Based upon this "roll" the Titans are on I expect them to produce a much stronger effort than the Jags and finish the season on a winning note and thereby not have the top pick in the April Draft. JMO.

HJam72
12-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Total strength of schedule. Indy will play a weaker schedule than both the Rams and Vikings.

How the #$%^ does that happen when they've won their division for like 8 years in a row??? Who makes these schedules? Bozo the clown? I guess we'll get our easiest schedule ever next year, huh?

thunderkyss
12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
How the #$%^ does that happen when they've won their division for like 8 years in a row??? Who makes these schedules? Bozo the clown? I guess we'll get our easiest schedule ever next year, huh?

I think this "system" makes more sense than the previously weighted one.

If you want to find out which team is the best in the division, their schedule should be as identical as possible. The current system does that.

Every team in the division will have 8 common games. The opposing AFC & NFC divisions. Then they'll have 6 games playing each other within the division.

The weaker team will get a little help by playing the weakest opponent from the remaining conf divisions. The stronger teams will have to play the stronger teams from teh remaining conf divisions.

A lot of people are saying we have the #1 defense because we play such a weak schedule. Well, we played the same schedule as Tennessee, Indy, & Jacksonville. Jacksonville is the only team that is close.

A Lot of people are saying our schedule is so weak, that we "should have" won 10 games. We're playing the same schedule as Indy, Tennessee, & Jacksonville. Only Tennessee is close to winning 10 games.

But we're definitely the best team in the division, since we have a better record vs the same schedule.

I understand what you are saying about the Rams... but they are on an even playing field with the other teams in their division, & I believe that's what they were going for.

disaacks3
12-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I think this "system" makes more sense than the previously weighted one.

If you want to find out which team is the best in the division, their schedule should be as identical as possible. The current system does that.

Every team in the division will have 8 common games. The opposing AFC & NFC divisions. Then they'll have 6 games playing each other within the division.

The weaker team will get a little help by playing the weakest opponent from the remaining conf divisions. The stronger teams will have to play the stronger teams from teh remaining conf divisions.

A lot of people are saying we have the #1 defense because we play such a weak schedule. Well, we played the same schedule as Tennessee, Indy, & Jacksonville. Jacksonville is the only team that is close.

A Lot of people are saying our schedule is so weak, that we "should have" won 10 games. We're playing the same schedule as Indy, Tennessee, & Jacksonville. Only Tennessee is close to winning 10 games.

But we're definitely the best team in the division, since we have a better record vs the same schedule.

I understand what you are saying about the Rams... but they are on an even playing field with the other teams in their division, & I believe that's what they were going for.

Disagree - Having only two games (of 16) to compensate for bad season / records is what has had a poor Texans team still having to play the toughest schedule in the NFL before, that's just plain nuts. This is a big reason I was a proponent of the 18-game schedule, to get better "weighting" for sub-500 teams.

thunderkyss
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Disagree - Having only two games (of 16) to compensate for bad season / records is what has had a poor Texans team still having to play the toughest schedule in the NFL before, that's just plain nuts. This is a big reason I was a proponent of the 18-game schedule, to get better "weighting" for sub-500 teams.

But we were playing the same schedule as Indy. We had the same opportunity to win the division vs basically the same opponents. It doesn't make sense to say we're the division winner if we beat a weaker schedule than Indy.

The main thing that made our schedule "more difficult" than Indy's, is that we've had to play Indy, & Jax & Tenn (when they were close enough to challenge Indy). What made Indy's schedule easier, is that they've had to play us.

For ever, it seemed like we were playing the Raiders, Cleveland & the Dolphins every year, Indy has been having to play San Diego, Pittsburgh & New England.

StarStruck
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
I know the thread is about Luck, however, is RGIII a bad option in the event that Luck inst available?

dream_team
12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
There's no way Luck isn't the #1 overall pick. If the Rams or Vikings get the #1 pick, they'll be trading that pick for sure. May end up being the most expensive #1 pick in history (trade-wise).

Norg
12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
i think if the colts beat the jags and the rams lose they get number 2 pick

If i was the jags i would try to lose to hurt your divison for