PDA

View Full Version : No Wade no wins ...

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Kubiak sucks as a HC. If the last 2 games plus the last 5 seasons have not proved that to some then I don't know what else to say.

What a joke, you can't beat a 1 win team when you are trying to win a bye?? Enjoy your "Division Champions" shirts and hats because it ain't getting no better than that.

Unfortunately Wade saved Kubiak's job and probably earned Kubiak a few more seasons while Wade goes somewhere else to turn another team around and we are stuck with this suckage.

gwallaia
12-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Can't they prop Wade up in the pressbox with an IV drip and let him call plays for Christ's sake.

ThaShark316
12-23-2011, 12:32 AM
No. Firepower.

Playcalling, regardless of what the players want to say, changes. Can't do what they want without AJ. Injuries are catching up.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Nah, he won us 10 games.

Kubiak won us 10 games?? You really think so?

burro
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Kubiak sucks as a HC. If the last 2 games plus the last 5 seasons have not proved that to some then I don't know what else to say.

What a joke, you can't beat a 1 win team when you are trying to win a bye?? Enjoy your "Division Champions" shirts and hats because it ain't getting no better than that.

Unfortunately Wade saved Kubiak's job and probably earned Kubiak a few more seasons while Wade goes somewhere else to turn another team around and we are stuck with this suckage.

Honestly, I think Uncle Bob is smart enough to see the writing on the wall. If Wade wants to be a head coach and we are one and done in the play offs with a 10-6 record...I think we say happy trails to Kubiak and give Wade the promotion. Which would tickle me sh!tless.

MEGA SWATT
12-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Do you think it's fair to judge kube's offense with no AJ, no legit backup WR, and a 3rd string rookie QB? I don't.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Do you think it's fair to judge kube's offense with no AJ, no legit backup WR, and a 3rd string rookie QB? I don't.

No, Kubiak is not just the OC, he is the HC. I think it is fair to judge the entire team and how they came out and "got beat by a girl" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1859156&postcount=2) today.

burro
12-23-2011, 12:47 AM

When said offense (spare the o-line) puts up a decent game in spite of asinine play calling, then yes it's absolutely fair.

fiasco west
12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
I think it's just that Wade and Kubiak push each other.

Together they are a hell of a duo I'd like to keep around quite frankly.

When Wade is out there holding teams under 17 points, it's on Kubiak to have his offense ready. How he called the game today...just didn't feel like how he called the game with Wade out there. I'm not sure why, I can't even explain why...so the only thing I Can come up with is Kubiak coaches harder when Wade's around because he knows Wade is a legit coach and is being pushed by Wade. If that even makes sense...

Hervoyel
12-23-2011, 12:49 AM

The third string QB I'm willing to concede. Few indeed are the teams that could survive losing their first and second string QB.

The "no legit backup WR" is 100,000% Kubiak's fault. If we've got shit WR's past AJ that's on this regime (Gary/Rick). Other teams don't have nobody behind one star. Other teams go out and find legitimate WR's and load up. Legitimate WR's were available. We chose to keep Jacoby Jones and sign Bryant Johnson and Derrick Mason.

If the line falls apart when Brisiel goes down (like it did at times tonight with Caldwell in there) then I again place the blame for that at the feet of this coach and GM. Their team. They built it. They coach it. They should know what they have and if all they have is this then they're to blame.

MEGA SWATT
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
No, Kubiak is not just the OC, he is the HC. I think it is fair to judge the entire team and how they came out and "got beat by a girl" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1859156&postcount=2) today.

All I'm saying is it is NOT fair to judge Kubes as a head coach, oc, or whatever title you feel fits - withOUT having his starting qb, leagues top receiver and yes as you've stated with no wade.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
All I'm saying is it is NOT fair to judge Kubes as a head coach, oc, or whatever title you feel fits - withOUT having his starting qb, leagues top receiver and yes as you've stated with no wade.

Dude had his freakin' starting QB and his top receiver for the last 5 years. What the hell did he do then???

datchapin
12-23-2011, 01:18 AM

Life isnīt fair. Itīs easy to accomplish things with optimum conditions. The defining moments all come when the going gets tough. When the going gets tough with Kubiak he Kubiaks it. Kubiaking is not a positive thing, but it foreshadows what is to come in the playoffs, because thats where the tough get going.

LonerATO
12-23-2011, 01:19 AM
He's listed a HC, yea?

Next to 10-5 for 2011-2012?

I mean you're listed as "Father" in your child birth certificate.. then again your wife might of cheated on you prior to being preggo, and it's really not your child but Jerome's.

Actually, I think I know what you're talking about now.

That's a shitty analogy.

LonerATO
12-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Pros:
RB
Backup RB
LG
Replace FB
Backup QBs (can't really argue with trust.. we don't know how differently he would treat his backup QB1 vs. Yates)
Bunch of defensive players that actually contributed under a good DC.. only JJ. Jojo, and Manning came in after Wade. Reed as well. Can't really give Wade all the credit here.. it could be Rick or Kubiaks as well.

Cons:
Shit ton of TEs, two that doesn't play/cut.
Bust DT with 10th overall pick
Kareem Jackson

With the amount of TE's he's drafted one would assume that the Texans would be running heavy sets all the time.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Kubiak is the HC. Kubiak is put down in the books as the first HC to led us to the Playoffs/Division Champs. He's the one with a 10+ win in his record, not Wade.

And he'll be a minimum of 2 more year, regardless of what happen in the playoff because of it.

His name is on the paper.

That was the point I made when I started this thread. Kubiak will get the credit and the suckness will continue, especially if Wade leaves for a HC job.

MEGA SWATT
12-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Dude had his freakin' starting QB and his top receiver for the last 5 years. What the hell did he do then???

I know the last couple it was not the O, it was the D and this year WP has proven that.

leebigeztx
12-23-2011, 02:56 AM

I agree

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2011.htm

steelbtexan
12-23-2011, 03:06 AM
No. Firepower.

Playcalling, regardless of what the players want to say, changes. Can't do what they want without AJ. Injuries are catching up.

Did before Wades gallstones.

steelbtexan
12-23-2011, 10:57 AM
That was the point I made when I started this thread. Kubiak will get the credit and the suckness will continue, especially if Wade leaves for a HC job.

This has been my fear since BoBBY retained Gary this offseason despite his past failures.

History tells us that if Gary gets an 3 extention BoBBy wont buy him out early if Gary continues to stink at his job. Which Gary will, if Wade takes a HC job somewhere next yr. IMHO

steelbtexan
12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I know the last couple it was not the O, it was the D and this year WP has proven that.

Is Gary not the one who was responsible for putting this team together? Is Gary the leader of the whole team Offense/Defense/ST's ?

Look, Gary is a great guy and a fine OC. He's just not winning HC material. His record over the past 5 yrs has proven this out. But BoBBY loves him some Gary.

Double Barrel
12-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm still in shock that Dan freakin' Orlovsky marched down the field on our "elite" #2 defense in a two minute drill to win that game.

I'm disappointed. I'm flabbergasted. I'm disgusted by that pathetic garbage. This team is one and done in the playoffs if they continue the trend of the last two games.

steelbtexan
12-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm still in shock that Dan freakin' Orlovsky marched down the field on our "elite" #2 defense in a two minute drill to win that game.

I'm disappointed. I'm flabbergasted. I'm disgusted by that pathetic garbage. This team is one and done in the playoffs if they continue the trend of the last two games.

Danny O is the man. Danny O > Yates > Gary.

Yeah, they're going to be one and done.

Schaubs injury bought Gary a contract extension. Aint life grand.

Double Barrel
12-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Danny O is the man. Danny O > Yates > Gary.

Yeah, they're going to be one and done.

Schaubs injury bought Gary a contract extension. Aint life grand.

The cold, hard reality is that WADE is the reason for this season.

The last two games left me as frustrated as any of the past 9 years. I thought this team had turned a new leaf, had a new attitude, that our defense never quit and refused to get punked by mediocre crap teams. I could excuse the Panthers game. Letdown after winning our first division title and all that jazz. But the 2011 Colts??? That was just sad last night.

They got pimp-slapped by a one win team. A ONE.WIN.TEAM just whooped the 10 win division champions. I don't buy the any given Sunday for last night. That looked like the 2010 Texans to me. Lots of bark but no bite.

I guess 10-6 and a playoff spot is where I just need to "be satisfied" now. I'm conditioning myself for it, as well as the inevitable contract extension for Kubiak.

This is what the football gods do when a team tries to gloss itself. They kept pushing "bulls on parade", tempting fate, and now that name takes on a whole new meaning after Dan freakin' Orlovsky owned them.

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I think Uncle Bob is smart enough to see the writing on the wall. If Wade wants to be a head coach and we are one and done in the play offs with a 10-6 record...I think we say happy trails to Kubiak and give Wade the promotion. Which would tickle me sh!tless.

That stuff must be pretty good you're smoking.

Second Honeymoon
12-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I have enjoyed this season like no other, but the fact that Kubiak is 6-12 in his last 18 games without Wade is reason to be concerned about Kubiak's long term viability....oh and he is due for a contract extension. There is that.

Maybe they can use this game as a rallying point as they hit rock bottom last night. No urgency in either of the past two games. Not enough passion. Don't get me wrong, some players played their asses off last night, but I didn't see a total team effort since Wade went down.

IlliniJen
12-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Surprise surprise, Gary's still Gary. All the talks of coach of the year were delusional, as Wade is the only one who deserves any coach of the year accolades for this team.

Gary will continue to be the coach that calls plays out of his puckered a-hole whenever he thinks he needs to be conservative...which is far too often. That's not a coach that will win in the post season.

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Surprise surprise, Gary's still Gary. All the talks of coach of the year were delusional, as Wade is the only one who deserves any coach of the year accolades for this team.

Gary will continue to be the coach that calls plays out of his puckered a-hole whenever he thinks he needs to be conservative...which is far too often. That's not a coach that will win in the post season.

Up until now he has been a coach of the year type of coach. We can't back pedal on that issue now after saying it just a week or two ago. Sure, most of the success is obviously due to Wade Phillips, but Gary is still the HC and as much as it pains me to say it over all we still have to give him props for the season as whole considering all of the injuries. But yeah, Gary is still Gary and I always worried about the year the Texans finally do make the playoffs that Gary would be the last coach I'd ever want to coach in the post season. I always worried about a real good season for the Texans and how it would fool fans into thinking that Gary was a great HC and how it would get him an extension.