PDA

View Full Version : Offensive playcalling lost this game

SeminoleTexan
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
There's no way in hell we will any playoff game with the extremely conservative playcalling going on right now especially on 3rd downs. The Colts have the worst time of possession in the whole league and they destroyed us in that category today mainly because we run the ball on 3rd down and punt.

NastyNate
12-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Caldwell determined most of our playcalling. He was getting murdered all game long.

Hervoyel
12-22-2011, 10:39 PM
There's no way in hell we will any playoff game with the extremely conservative playcalling going on right now especially on 3rd downs. The Colts have the worst time of possession in the whole league and they destroyed us in that category today mainly because we run the ball on 3rd down and punt.

I believe that it contributed a great deal to this loss. We are hobbled out there with Yates at QB and Kubiak clearly no longer trusting him after the Carolina game. This game was called somewhere between the second half in Jacksonville when Gary shut everything down and the first half vs Atlanta when he was trying to figure out what would work.

I think if he's not going to trust the kid any more than this then he might as well just put one of the senior citizens we signed in. We won't beat anybody with this offense. Certainly not any playoff teams. We can't even beat Carolina and Indianapolis. Come next week we'll be 10-6 and listening to Titans fans crowing.

But this loss wasn't all about conservative offense. More than anything I believe this loss was handed to us by the officials.

SeminoleTexan
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Yea I agree there was some questionable calls made by the officials, but I felt our defense was gassed at the end of the game from being on the field way too long since our offense was barely on the field., especially that roughing the passer call on Watt in the 2nd quarter I believe. This was just an all around horrible game. Maybe with Andre Johnson coming back, Kubes will open up the playbook a lot more.

DX-TEX
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
YES!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/texanscycle.jpg

And the cycle continues!

ChrisG
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Caldwell determined most of our playcalling. He was getting murdered all game long.

So one OLineman completed changed how Kubes would call a game? Seriously, that is the excuse we r going with? Yea he didn't do good but Kubes was so conservative im surprised he didnt punt on 2nd down