all the dumbass penalties
**** this team

edo783
12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Pretty much.

Yankee_In_TX
12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
That's all I have to say.

Fact. Same old Texans + ****ty ass refs = loss. We are one and done at this rate.

bckey
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Let me add: Refs + Kubiak = loss

TdotTexas2Step
Not even mad. We've got to stop keeping our standards so low.

We didn't lose because of penalties, we lost because we didn't play like a top team should play.

If penalties on one drive are all that separates us between the Colts, then we need to be worried.

Texas T
Fact. Same old Texans + ****ty ass refs = loss. We are one and done at this rate.

If they can't fix the O we won't win another game...

houstonspartan
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah, there were some questionable calls, no doubt, but you can't ignore Kubiak's sheer panic at not having any confidence in his defense with Wade out and being conservative with his game plan.

This was point-blank embarrassing.

Glad my ass don't have to go to work tomorrow.

TheMatrix31
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Undisciplined play early on with penalties but that last drive was squarely awful officiating and not our fault at all

That's why you go for the kill down deep. You don't call a ***** run on 3rd to set up a FG to only put them up 4 points. You kill them off.

Come back soon, Andre.

bckey
12-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Embarrassing

MEGA SWATT
Yeah just disregard the inept offense
The ****ty play calling
**** this team

And YET, it still took the David Stern-like officiating to give the W for the colts.

houstonspartan
Not even mad. We've got to stop keeping our standards so low.

We didn't lose because of penalties, we lost because we didn't play like a top team should play.

If penalties on one drive are all that separates us between the Colts, then we need to be worried.

Agree 100000 percent.

michaelm
The ****ty play calling
**** this team

You had some valid points up until "**** this team"
Beat it fair weather. **** you

Texas T
12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Embarrassing

All there is to say about this game. Holy Crap we are playing like crap!

amazing80
this is the WORSE loss in history.....best chance EVER to win at INDY and we fail miserably.....how the **** did they not double Wayne, I knew they were throwing to him and YOU knew they were throwing to him, yet we single him with JACKSON....fml

Big Lou
The ****ty play calling
**** this team

stop just stop....

the texans stunk it up but this on the refs......

we got f'd the entire game. they gave this game the entire time.

the texans got every call against them with the exception of pass int, but they overlooked a ton of indy crap and made **** up as they went along.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
First time that I am ****ing embarrassed with the texans.

All I heard last Sunday was how they were embarrassed and couldn't wait to get back on the field. Well they got back on and it was same crap

I do not want to hear Kubiak say "it's on me" **** that.

msbbc833
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
This offense is straight up atrocious. How is the only TD against the colts gonna be on turnover created by the defense? This is a piss poor offense, even with all the large runs by Foster, we couldn't get a TD. Unbelievable. We are beyond ****ed in the playoffs.

Ghostform
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
This just solidifies that no one will take us serious in the playoffs...and there really isnt a reason to either. The phantom penalties were such bull**** but we shouldnt have been in this position in this game to begin with. Way to go from the 1st seed in the AFC to looking liking a complete joke.

DX-TEX
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
stop just stop....

the texans stunk it up but this on the refs......

we got f'd the entire game. they gave this game the entire time.

the texans got every call against them with the exception of pass int, but they overlooked a ton of indy crap and made **** up as they went along.

Dont pass the blame. Its all on kubiak AGAIN not having his team ready and his back to craptastic playcalling.

He secured his job with a playoff spot and now its the same old, same old.

ESAD2-14
12-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes the team played down to the competition again, but to think the refs did not have an effect on the game is pure denial. If Caldwell would have lost that game with the help he had from ****ty calls against Houston, he should have been fired on the spot.

Big Lou
12-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, there were some questionable calls, no doubt, but you can't ignore Kubiak's sheer panic at not having any confidence in his defense with Wade out and being conservative with his game plan.

This was point-blank embarrassing.

Glad my ass don't have to go to work tomorrow.

penalties on one drive?????r u serious???? there was **** calls on every drive on both sides of the ball. dont be afraid to call out the refs. we have enough going against us we dont need 7 a holes in stripes f'ing us every chance they get......

TheMatrix31
12-22-2011, 10:37 PM
This just solidifies that no one will take us serious in the playoffs...and there really isnt a reason to either. The phantom penalties were such bull**** but we shouldnt have been in this position in this game to begin with. Way to go from the 1st seed in the AFC to looking liking a complete joke.

Look. We were in that position though. Those penalties were inexcusable and the defense is gonna get beat up if our ****ty ass, banged up offense can't stay on the field.

I'm sick of hearing this "we should have never been in the position to begin with" **** when it comes to sports. Tough ****, we were.

Big Lou
12-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Dont pass the blame. Its all on kubiak AGAIN not having his team ready and his back to craptastic playcalling.

Oh Bullsh-t. Kubiak called a bad game, he has a rookie 3rd string QB, no #1WR, numerous injuries, and a back up D Coordinator he didnt need 15 **** calls.

TdotTexas2Step
12-22-2011, 10:38 PM
penalties on one drive?????r u serious???? there was **** calls on every drive on both sides of the ball. dont be afraid to call out the refs. we have enough going against us we dont need 7 a holes in stripes f'ing us every chance they get......

Fair, there were other penalties on other drives, but we also had more than our fair share of opportunities to put this team away. Don't also be afraid to call this team out when they don't play like how we all know they're capable of.

We're fighting for a first round bye, and the Colts are racing for Luck, we should have been able to handle the Colts + refs and not have it come down to one score on the final drive.

fiasco west
12-22-2011, 10:39 PM
this is the WORSE loss in history.....best chance EVER to win at INDY and we fail miserably.....how the **** did they not double Wayne, I knew they were throwing to him and YOU knew they were throwing to him, yet we single him with JACKSON....fml

They had Allen and Kareem on Wayne for the ENTIRE game. I have no idea why they did this, but that's what they did.

Trail.Blazr
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
The refs didn't rape as much as the playcalling did. Protecting Yates is what the talking heads claimed the run heavy attack was. I don't get the concept. If you can't let TJ throw the ball more than ten times in a game then he will only get better at handoffs.

I'd love to ask Kubiak what he's scared of. Let the kid play for crying out loud.

houstonspartan
12-22-2011, 10:41 PM

Did I excuse the refs? No, I did not. I clearly said that yes, the refs screwed us, but Kubiak also made massive mistakes with this game.

DX-TEX
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh Bullsh-t. Kubiak called a bad game, he has a rookie 3rd string QB, no #1WR, numerous injuries, and a back up D Coordinator he didnt need 15 **** calls.

Did kubiak take any chances? NO! Championship coaches take some risks he has shown me NOTHING the past few weeks.

He has reverted back to his old self now that he secured his job saving playoff spot.

IBleedTexans

If you wanna blame anyone, blame Reggie ! That dude sux as a dc PERIOD

PhilpW
Refs sucked, no doubt. But a prevent defense on the final drive. Wade-less effort. And 16 points against this dog-assed Colts team is ridiculous.

Hervoyel
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I realize that most of you won't agree with me but I really do believe I just watched a fixed game. I'm convinced of it and I feel like throwing up right now. I think we just saw the NFL through officiating hand a competitive advantage to the Colts to keep the prime-time game interesting.

The NFL for years has been morphing into something I have a hard time accepting as the same sport I watched as a kid. Tonight I realized that I'm watching something about as legitimate as the WWE.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I realize that most of you won't agree with me but I really do believe I just watched a fixed game. I'm convinced of it and I feel like throwing up right now. I think we just saw the NFL through officiating hand a competitive advantage to the Colts to keep the prime-time game interesting.

The NFL for years has been morphing into something I have a hard time accepting as the same sport I watched as a kid. Tonight I realized that I'm watching something about as legitimate as the WWE.

I agree.

fiasco west
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM

Y'know a friend once told me that primetime games are usually close because the refs make sure it is so. Sometimes with games like this you gotta wonder what went on out there, too many drive saving calls for the Colts.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM

I think "fixed" might be a strong word, but it sure as hell feels like the refs had marching orders to give the edge to the Colts.

TheMatrix31
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM

There is no way that was simply awful officiating. The refs were shady. I doubt it was an order from the NFL or something though

michaelm
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM

Totally agree. Worst officiating I've ever witnessed.
On a level that warrants some kind of investigation.

bckey
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM

But there won't be because its the Texans and they know that.

fiasco west
12-22-2011, 10:51 PM
On a slightly different note.

Why does it feel like every time Watt touches the opposing QB it's a roughing call?

Is there some stat on this? I'm sure he has like 5 of them this year and none of them justified.

speedfreek
12-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll say it again, the NFL didn't want Indy to get the first pick and take Luck. Peyton is one of their media darlings and the ****storm that would have created would have been bad press for the league.

I believe the NFL threw this game to attempt to avoid Indy getting the first pick. Thereby keeping Manning with the Colts and having Luck go somewhere else.

Manning is the NFL version of the 90's NBA Jordan.

And, just like the NBA, they have no problems putting the fix in when it helps the league..

TJ

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:53 PM
There is no way that was simply awful officiating. The refs were shady. I doubt it was an order from the NFL or something though

You know, everyone wanted to write off anything that NBA ref said when he wrote his tell-all book, but he flat out said the NBA ordered that the refs influence games. That's the NBA, of course, and I think we've all seen how they officiate different players differently. But I don't think it's crazy to consider that something like that could happen in the NFL. As far as officiating different players differently, they've just written that into the rule book now. If Watt roughed the passer, then officiating is dead in the NFL.

It may take a number of years of this type of blatant cheating, but I can stop watching the NFL the same way I've stopped watching the NBA, MLB, and NCAA football. There's always fishing on Sundays.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:55 PM

Why does it feel like every time Watt touches the opposing QB it's a roughing call?

Is there some stat on this? I'm sure he has like 5 of them this year and none of them justified.

Part of it is because he is very, very good at going low. It's almost like he was coached to do it or something. Why in the hell you'd teach a player to go low in football is beyond me. It's almost like these coaches haven't been watching NFL officiating.

/sarcasm, of course

Lurvinator11

I agree as well!
There was a moment when Dan O completed a first down pass to Wayne I think and you could see a CLEAR AS DAY hold on JJ Watt! But of course since it would have gone against the colts, THE REFS DIDNT ******* CALL IT!!!

My friend texted me after the game. He said we were going to go one and done. I said yup, we will. Even if we play well enough to win, then the refs will screw us over to where we lose!

AnthonyE
I'm going to put a lot of this on the inept offense and curious play calling. But you have to put that entire game winning drive on the officials. You just have to.

Doing this from memory but all of these are questionable calls.

1. Roughing the passer in the first half. "Helmet to helmet"
- How in the world are we supposed to avoid this? Orlovsky ducks his head down to waist level, with JJ already in tackle mode.

2. Illegal use of the hands by JJ Watt on the OL.
- How many times is this a no call? 95 percent of the time, I'd say. He just grazed the facemask.

3. Roughing the passer, final drive.
- JJ Watt being pushed down by lineman, and falls on Orlovsky's leg. WHAT.

4. Pass interference by Quin at the 1.
- Ball was at the 6. We are free to do anything to the receiver inside 5 yards. How in the world is this called?
____

So in all 3 crucial penalties that would have been no-calls in any other game. That entire drive, save for the great 30 yard catch by Wayne was given to the Colts by the refs. That said, we need to really do something with this offense. Timid QB + no WR that can stretch the field + 2nd string RG starting for Brisel = recipe for disaster. We need AJ back in the worst way. Is it too late to call up T.O. before the playoffs?

BullBlitz
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM

That's all you have to say? Good.

Then we are the winners tonight.

Cjeremy635
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing when it was over. I feel like throwing up. Someone should write a letter.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm going to put a lot of this on the inept offense and curious play calling. But you have to put that entire game winning drive on the officials. You just have to.

- How in the world are we supposed to avoid this? Orlovsky ducks his head down to waist level, with JJ already in tackle mode.

- How many times is this a no call? 95 percent of the time, I'd say. He just grazed the facemask.

- Ball was at the 6. We are free to do anything to the receiver inside 5 yards. How in the world is this called?
____

So in all 3 crucial penalties that would have been no-calls in any other game. That entire drive, save for the great 30 yard catch by Wayne was given to the Colts by the refs. That said, we need to really do something with this offense. Timid QB + no WR that can stretch the field + 2nd string RG starting for Brisel = recipe for disaster. We need AJ back in the worst way. Is it too late to call up T.O. before the playoffs?

Actually, the ball was placed at the 1.5 yard line.

AnthonyE
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM

:toropalm:

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
:toropalm:

LOL, just trying to help. :kingkong:

Proudtexan25
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM

____

you forgot the missed offensive pass interference, I forgot when this happened, but it was blatantly obvious

burro
12-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing when it was over. I feel like throwing up. Someone should write a letter.

Letter my backside. Class action lawsuit!

AnthonyE
12-22-2011, 11:05 PM
you forgot the missed offensive pass interference, I forgot when this happened, but it was blatantly obvious

Oh right. That could have been a pick right there. The ref was staring right at it and didn't call it.

Fred
12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
And YET, it still took the David Stern-like officiating to give the W for the colts.

This kind of officiating is exactly why I do not watch the NBA anymore. The NFL is getting there fast.

TheMatrix31
12-22-2011, 11:09 PM
You know, everyone wanted to write off anything that NBA ref said when he wrote his tell-all book, but he flat out said the NBA ordered that the refs influence games. That's the NBA, of course, and I think we've all seen how they officiate different players differently. But I don't think it's crazy to consider that something like that could happen in the NFL. As far as officiating different players differently, they've just written that into the rule book now. If Watt roughed the passer, then officiating is dead in the NFL.

It may take a number of years of this type of blatant cheating, but I can stop watching the NFL the same way I've stopped watching the NBA, MLB, and NCAA football. There's always fishing on Sundays.

There's bad officiating and then there's officiating you just get a shady feeling about when watching. I got that feeling when my Suns were dicked in Game 3 against the Spurs in 07 and the infamous Lakers/Kings Game 6. Sure enough both games came out to be corrupted.

I got the same feeling watching this one. What's the angle though?

steelbtexan
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM

Gary without Wade = 0-2

XI CMURDER IX
12-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Stop complaining about the refs. We should have put that game away in the first half, against such a pitiful mediocre team like that. Playcalling and red zone fails undermined our opportunity to win that game. FACT.

ThaJokaa
Its official, The NFL hates the Texans & wanted to give the pats the 1st seed.

eriadoc
There's bad officiating and then there's officiating you just get a shady feeling about when watching. I got that feeling when my Suns were dicked in Game 3 against the Spurs in 07 and the infamous Lakers/Kings Game 6. Sure enough both games came out to be corrupted.

Keep eyes glued to the set. Networks don't want blowouts, because viewers tune out. If that's CBS, Fox, NBC, or ESPN, they can try and influence the NFL to give them a better product, but one side has to bribe the other, in some form or fashion. But what if the network is run by the product itself, and stands to lose or gain viewers directly?

AnthonyE
12-22-2011, 11:14 PM

Keep the Colts away from Luck. What media outlet likes reporting about the happenings in Indianapolis?

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Gary without Wade = 0-2

Pretty much this. If Wade leaves at least we might know where we stand with Reggie. All out blitz when we were getting pressure with 4 or 5 the entire final Colts drive, I don't get it.

Yes the Ref's gave the Colts a huge advantage, but if we were able to do what we do on offense with Schaub and AJ (i.e. hanging 30-40 on the colts) then this would be a moot point. I hope that Kubes not only completely opens the playbook for Yates next week and actually encourages taking shots downfield so he can work on his vision and progressions. We need some big plays through the air to do well in the playoffs. All that being said, what a turd of a game.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM

I agree.

Y'know a friend once told me that primetime games are usually close because the refs make sure it is so. Sometimes with games like this you gotta wonder what went on out there, too many drive saving calls for the Colts.

I think "fixed" might be a strong word, but it sure as hell feels like the refs had marching orders to give the edge to the Colts.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but tonight looked suspect on the level that NBA games have gotten to recently.

THREE defensive penalties on that last drive???
The NFL Network announcers trying to weakly justify each of them...??
It smacks of NBA level officiating.
and I KNOW David Stern has the fix in to promote major mkt teams.
So to keep interest in the Colts up, I figure the fix was definitely in on tonight's game.

b0ng
12-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Small market non-big name teams will always get the zebras on their side in the NFL. This has been proven to me repeatedly in the last 30 years.

Does anybody here honestly think that most of these calls would've been called on the Steelers/Pats in a playoff game?

EDIT: What I want to know is, if you are a season ticket holder how could you even begin to stomach the week 17 game coming up after having watched tonights game?

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM

That means contact was still legal for another 0.5 yd.
Should have been a no-call.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Small market non-big name teams will always get the zebras on their side in the NFL. This has been proven to me repeatedly in the last 30 years.

Does anybody here honestly think that most of these calls would've been called on the Steelers/Pats in a playoff game?

EDIT: What I want to know is, if you are a season ticket holder how could you even begin to stomach the week 17 game coming up after having watched tonights game?

Only on james harrison; he has a bad rep

steelbtexan
12-22-2011, 11:49 PM
They had Allen and Kareem on Wayne for the ENTIRE game. I have no idea why they did this, but that's what they did.

Proof we miss Wade.

b0ng
12-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Only on james harrison; he has a bad rep

Maybe.

But I remember a game against the Vikings about 3 years ago where Jared Allen hit Schaub in a manner much more egregious than what Watt got flagged for tonight and there was no flag in the game.

And Allen has a bit of a reputation as well.

steelbtexan
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM

Reminds me of the Pittsburgh vs Seattle 2005 SB.

Dread-Head
12-23-2011, 12:49 AM
The refs DID Screw em ROYALLY...BUT, come on you're playing against a team with ONE win and you only manage ONE touchdown? Cha ya don't deserve to win.

Dutchrudder
12-23-2011, 02:13 AM
The refs DID Screw em ROYALLY...BUT, come on you're playing against a team with ONE win and you only manage ONE touchdown? Cha ya don't deserve to win.

I absolutely hate this line of thinking. Sure the offense wasn't doing its job, and hasn't been since Schaub went down, but the defense was playing incredibly well the whole game. Limiting the Colts to 5 FG attempts and no TDs is great (aside from the BS one at the end). That last drive was complete bull****. No way around it, the refs gave the Colts 8 shots at the end zone and they were bound to score on one of them..

HJam72
12-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Watt would do better to just try to tip every pass, because he can't touch a QB without getting a foul called. Touching the QB is not allowed. :toropalm:

Thorn
12-23-2011, 07:03 AM

This.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
TRaDe SCHAUB... START YATES!

:gun:

BTW, I'm generally one to not ***** about officiating, but that was horrible.

Porky
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

But a guy that is better than Matt Schaub ought to be able to overcome a few bad calls right Marcus? :kitten:

toronto
12-23-2011, 07:21 AM
the reffing was horrible, but the fan that said "**** this team?" LMAO. Your team won their first ever division title. Without Schaub, AJ, MW etc. Relax. Enjoy the playoffs, that drought is over and you all should be proud of your team.

If anything I'd laugh at the Colts for possibly ruining their shot at Andrew Luck.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2011, 07:28 AM
the reffing was horrible, but the fan that said "**** this team?" LMAO. Your team won their first ever division title. Without Schaub, AJ, MW etc. Relax. Enjoy the playoffs, that drought is over and you all should be proud of your team.

If anything I'd laugh at the Colts for possibly ruining their shot at Andrew Luck.

Nice... It's all about perspective, no?

This from a Titans fan, people!!

Porky
12-23-2011, 07:30 AM

I would normally get the tinfoil hat smiley, but the mere fact that I'm not is pretty telling. I DOUBT that the fix was in, but not being able to rule it completely out in my mind should give pause to anyone. There were a couple of questionable calls/non-calls on the Colts but there were a ton of them on the Texans. And a lot of stuff that is not getting much run like Brooks Reed being held numerous times also went down.

Whether the fix was in, the refs were drunk from their Christmas party, or they had just come from Vegas where they laid heavy odds all I know is while I have seen worse single game changing calls, that had to be the worst consistently called game I have ever seen. Just AWFUL, and while the Texans shot themselves in the foot numerous times the officiating defintely gave an edge to the Colts in this one.

Does anyone have an email address to the league? We as fans need to demand that this whole crew be fired at the end of the year. Just took away the whole enjoyment of the game for me - and some of these ignorant ass rules are becoming ridicoulous. I mean let's stop putting pants on these guys and get them ball gowns instead.

Honoring Earl 34
12-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Ok ... Lets run it up the flagpole . I thought they were keeping it close until the 4th qtr but they kept going . I bet the Colts win the next one ... Why ... They want Luck somewhere else . They want the Colts to keep manning .

My super conspiracy theory is Bob was told when he bought the team he had to be that team the globetrotters always play for 10 years .

It also tells Wade brings the guts to the coaches table.

TimeKiller
12-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Yup. No two ways about it. The fix was in.

The NFL should be ashamed. I'm embarrassed just having witnessed it. The spirit of competition has been roundly ****ed. I hope Jerome Bogar or whatever his name is enjoys that large briefcase full of money that he found. Maybe he could send J.J. Watt an Xmas card or a "Hey, sorry about doing you up like that on national t.v." card.

Honoring Earl 34
12-23-2011, 09:09 AM
An oldie but goody .

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 10:15 AM

It was not a fixed game. We lost. We lost because we made stupid penalties and because the HC didn't have this team ready to play against worst team in the league in a "must win" game. Kubiak played to lose and his play calling was pathetic last night. The game shouldn't have even been close like that. I had flashbacks to Kubiak's first two seasons in that game with how he played to lose. There was nothing fixed about that game though. That's an excuse for losing. There was no call by the officials that was that bad. I hated those penalties at the end of the game, but the players were guilty of most of them.

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Wow, I figured that maybe it was just Herv acting like the game was fixed, but apparently it's the entire forum. Sorry, but that is a bunch of crap. As fans you guys that are saying that the game was fixed need to stop acting like babies, and accept the fact that we lost. That's what happens when you don't come out to play. You can lose any game in the NFL.

If you can't score more than one TD against a terrible team like the Colts, and you play "not to lose" like Kubiak did throughout that entire game and keep it close like that, then there will be a good chance that you will lose. Stop blaming the refs for this loss. It was on the coach. When you won't even let the QB attempt to do his job against the worst team in the league, you can expect to lose. I've seen NFL games officiated way worse than that one. And why in the hell would the NFL need to fix a game for the freaking Colts in week 15 or whatever it is now?? People need to stop looking for conspiracy theories in this loss and just accept the fact that the Texans weren't there to win and neither was their coach.

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
The refs "playing" down to the competition is as likely a narrative as them blatantly favoring the Colts.

Texanator
12-23-2011, 10:29 AM
The ****ty play calling
**** this team

Why the heck are you here then? Go back to routing for Dallas, we don't need fans like you around here!

Second Honeymoon
12-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow, I figured that maybe it was just Herv acting like the game was fixed, but apparently it's the entire forum. Sorry, but that is a bunch of crap. As fans you guys that are saying that the game was fixed need to stop acting like babies, and accept the fact that we lost. That's what happens when you don't come out to play. You can lose any game in the NFL.

If you can't score more than one TD against a terrible team like the Colts, and you play "not to lose" like Kubiak did throughout that entire game and keep it close like that, then there will be a good chance that you will lose. Stop blaming the refs for this loss. It was on the coach. When you won't even let the QB attempt to do his job against the worst team in the league, you can expect to lose. I've seen NFL games officiated way worse than that one. And why in the hell would the NFL need to fix a game for the freaking Colts in week 15 or whatever it is now?? People need to stop looking for conspiracy theories in this loss and just accept the fact that the Texans weren't there to win and neither was their coach.

The game was not fixed but those refs were quick with the whistle. No conspiracy.

cuppacoffee
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM

"Must spread rep."

It was a stacked deck.

Watt should fine Goodell. Worst roughing penalty calls in the history of football. Both calls were bogus.

And refs absolutely can / do influence the outcome of games.

:coffee:

HTown2ATX
12-23-2011, 10:50 AM
There was no call by the officials that was that bad.

:backsout:

Double Barrel
12-23-2011, 10:54 AM
The game never should have been in position to allow the refs to have an influence on a two minute drive.

The Colts are garbage this year. The fact that the Texans gameplan was to play not to lose is what ultimately allowed some crappy calls to help determine the outcome of the game.

As far as conspiracy angle, money talks. And we are dealing with humans. So while I do not see any viable evidence that the game was fixed, at the same time, I would not rule it out completely. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar entertainment empire. Never underestimate the power of greed.

That being said, the Texans should have beat down the Colts and the final drive would have been meaningless.

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 11:00 AM
:backsout:

There are bad calls in every football game, but sorry I've seen calls way worse than what I witnessed last night.

To say the game was fixed in a meaningless game between two teams the NFL doesn't give a **** about is retarded. Hell, the media doesn't even pay attention to the Texans and they could give a crap about the Colts when Manning isn't out there. You play not to lose and keep it a super close game all the way to the end of the 4th quarter, and yeah any call from the officials can change things dramatically, but you shouldn't be there in the first place against an Orvlosky led Colts. If you can't put away an Orvlosky led Colts a lot easier than that, then you deserve to lose. Obviously Wade being out was a huge factor as well since the Texans can't even beat the Panthers or the Colts. Kubiak lost that game.

If anything this loss is a good thing in my eyes. It woke these bat **** crazy fans up that thought that Yates was capable of taking the Texans to the SB when he's a rookie tossed into the fire. It woke fans back up to the fact that Kubiak can't coach worth a damn without a guy like Wade Phillips on his side. And hopefully it will wake this team up going into the post season to where they'll play with a lot more intensity and heart going forward. Obviously the Texans bought into their own hype.

But blaming the refs and the NFL and saying the game was fixed is just weak. We lost.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/12/129156051954645220.jpg

Watch: Oooh No, we suck again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4)

Porky
12-23-2011, 11:05 AM

____

I'm with you on the first 3 but you are wrong on #4. You can chuck the WR, but you cannot hold him anywhere and you cannot interfere with him while the ball is being thrown his direction - first 5 yds or not. While I have seen worse not called in a similar game ending situation I can't say it wasn't a penalty - I'm just more on the order of let them play, especially in those game crucial situations at the end unless it clearly impacts the play directly. That could be borderline there, but out of all of them that's the one that I can't really complain about too much.

Texecutioner
12-23-2011, 11:14 AM
If the Texans would have won that game with the same calls by the officials in the Texans favor I highly doubt that people would be in here saying that the game was fixed for the Texans and that we didn't really win it.

HTown2ATX
12-23-2011, 12:34 PM
There are bad calls in every football game, but sorry I've seen calls way worse than what I witnessed last night.

To say the game was fixed in a meaningless game between two teams the NFL doesn't give a **** about is retarded. Hell, the media doesn't even pay attention to the Texans and they could give a crap about the Colts when Manning isn't out there. You play not to lose and keep it a super close game all the way to the end of the 4th quarter, and yeah any call from the officials can change things dramatically, but you shouldn't be there in the first place against an Orvlosky led Colts. If you can't put away an Orvlosky led Colts a lot easier than that, then you deserve to lose. Obviously Wade being out was a huge factor as well since the Texans can't even beat the Panthers or the Colts. Kubiak lost that game.

If anything this loss is a good thing in my eyes. It woke these bat **** crazy fans up that thought that Yates was capable of taking the Texans to the SB when he's a rookie tossed into the fire. It woke fans back up to the fact that Kubiak can't coach worth a damn without a guy like Wade Phillips on his side. And hopefully it will wake this team up going into the post season to where they'll play with a lot more intensity and heart going forward. Obviously the Texans bought into their own hype.

But blaming the refs and the NFL and saying the game was fixed is just weak. We lost.

To clarify....I don't believe nor have I said that the game was rigged, my comment was just about the comment I quoted as far as that one penalty for roughing the passer that was pure BS.

It was clearly just a normal sack and to call it roughing the passer was just mind blowing. Having seen that play and then hear that "There was no call by the officials that was that bad."....that is what made me :backsout:

NOt an attack or anything, and not claiming game was rigged, but you can't say no calls were that bad IMHO after that call.

HJam72
12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
It was rigged or the referees are complete morons....or quite likely both.

Texanator
12-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Bottom line is..... it was 3rd and 5, it WAS a legit sack. They should have had to kick the ball away, rather then get a first down and eventual score.

HJam72
12-23-2011, 01:55 PM
It's going to get to the point where D-Linemen run up to the QB, stop, and try to run around in front of him waving their arms; no attempt to touch him, just the ***** football league.

Marcus
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
This game wasn't fixed. And it's true, we never should been in that position on the final drive.

But I still stand by the thread title. We got raped by the officials. Its either that, or I don't understand what roughing the passer means anymore. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone knows anymore.

But having said that, I just want to say to all those people here that said that when we lost Schaub, we lost the season . . .

. . . you were right.

Hervoyel
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM

I don't think it's retarded at all. It was a prime time game and the refs kept it competitive. Maybe on a night when the Texans were firing on all cylinders it might not have changed the outcome. Last night it did.

Last night the officials changed the competitive balance of the game right in front of our eyes and it resulted in a Colts win. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you other than Vince McMahon has a product he thinks you'll love. You should check it out.

http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/11/31632/73976.jpg

I discount the idea that the NFL cares whether or not Andrew Luck goes to the Colts. I find that suggestion questionable at best considering how many first round QB's end up busting. On the other hand I absolutely understand that television ratings drive this sport and that unappealing matchups scheduled long before anyone knew the Colts would suck or that the Texans would be good have to be sold to viewers one way or another. Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow when the announcers brought up the fact that no 10 loss team had ever beaten a 10 win team before the game started? Interesting stat and very pertinent to the ending we saw don't you think? The referee in this game was Jerome Bogar who is known for having a heavy hand where personal fouls are concerned. You have a good defense you need held in check then he's your man. He's the same guy who was returning Vince Young's high-five back in 2009.

This game might not have been fixed but it was clearly "managed" to our detriment. No one can convince me otherwise.

Air Canada
12-23-2011, 06:40 PM
This game wasn't fixed. And it's true, we never should been in that position on the final drive.

But I still stand by the thread title. We got raped by the officials. Its either that, or I don't understand what roughing the passer means anymore. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone knows anymore.

But having said that, I just want to say to all those people here that said that when we lost Schaub, we lost the season . . .

. . . you were right.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5139360_nfl-rules-roughing-passer.html

Case by case basis huh? :cutthroat:

I don't think it's retarded at all. It was a prime time game and the refs kept it competitive. Maybe on a night when the Texans were firing on all cylinders it might not have changed the outcome. Last night it did.

Last night the officials changed the competitive balance of the game right in front of our eyes and it resulted in a Colts win. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you other than Vince McMahon has a product he thinks you'll love. You should check it out.

http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/11/31632/73976.jpg

I discount the idea that the NFL cares whether or not Andrew Luck goes to the Colts. I find that suggestion questionable at best considering how many first round QB's end up busting. On the other hand I absolutely understand that television ratings drive this sport and that unappealing matchups scheduled long before anyone knew the Colts would suck or that the Texans would be good have to be sold to viewers one way or another. Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow when the announcers brought up the fact that no 10 loss team had ever beaten a 10 win team before the game started? Interesting stat and very pertinent to the ending we saw don't you think? The referee in this game was Jerome Bogar who is known for having a heavy hand where personal fouls are concerned. You have a good defense you need held in check then he's your man. He's the same guy who was returning Vince Young's high-five back in 2009.

This game might not have been fixed but it was clearly "managed" to our detriment. No one can convince me otherwise.

The last drive was pathetic... Also peep this...

Jerome Boger did ref the game last night... He did Indy @ Tenn. week #8 Tenn. -9 beat Indy 27-10... Teams that have won with him the first game have lost the second game with him in the same season as teams that lost with him in the first game have won the second game in the same season..... It may be a coincidence, but it has happened every time since 2008.

A friend of mine said... "**** was rigged, Vegas made a loooooot of money on that game..."

:kitten:

Texanator
12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
A lot of people discount the notion of a fix.
And MANY cite the Colts as "The Worst" team in the league. Sure, there have been a couple blow outs like the N.O. game for them, but they have also kept many games close and only lost by a small margin. They don't completely suck and if a close game can be manipulated then it all becomes very clouded indeed.

The truth of the matter is, we have been getting tons of non calls on holding the past few weeks and tons of ticky tack calls against us.
We have also not played to the caliber we are capable of.
I.M.O., it may be just a little bit of both!

Air Canada
12-23-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3aIL9YaNA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWypIbdRNmM&feature=youtu.be

:thinking:

Wolf
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I couldn't get this out of my mind today but even Mike Mayock was talking about questionable calls (more than one) and I was kinda half joking (in my thoughts) about if he will be announcing games next year for the NFL Network... esp with a few comments about the refs

Air Canada
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I couldn't get this out of my mind today but even Mike Mayock was talking about questionable calls (more than one) and I was kinda half joking (in my thoughts) about if he will be announcing games next year for the NFL Network... esp with a few comments about the refs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3aIL9YaNA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWypIbdRNmM&feature=youtu.be

^ ^ Mayock was all over that ish...

TheMatrix31
12-24-2011, 05:14 AM
I absolutely hate this line of thinking. Sure the offense wasn't doing its job, and hasn't been since Schaub went down, but the defense was playing incredibly well the whole game. Limiting the Colts to 5 FG attempts and no TDs is great (aside from the BS one at the end). That last drive was complete bull****. No way around it, the refs gave the Colts 8 shots at the end zone and they were bound to score on one of them..

I hate that thinking too. In fact, every time I see something like that brought up, I want to gather them and put them on a space rocket aimed at the sun.

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2011, 11:11 AM
http://static.culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2011-12-23/yellow_flag.800w_600h.jpg

Oh! Now lookee here what dropped out of my ass!

Fili
12-27-2011, 11:17 AM
http://m.deadspin.com/5411686/last-nights-winner-referee-jerome-boger
He hates Houston.

Nawzer
12-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Has there been any official news/statement from the league office or from the Texans regarding the "officiating" against the Colts? The Texans surely filed some sort of complaint with the league after that debacle.

Fili
12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Kubiak did send in reports on 6-7 flags from the game.

mussop
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Has there been any official news/statement from the league office or from the Texans regarding the "officiating" against the Colts? The Texans surely filed some sort of complaint with the league after that debacle.

Anyone? anyone? Bueller?

CloakNNNdagger
12-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Anyone? anyone? Bueller?

As far as I can remember, the only time there has been a public apology by the NFL concerning their refs is when the mistake was made on a touchdown play that definitively altered the result of a game. Since the rules have now come to require all touchdown plays (which may have been established to avoid such a scenario), the public may never again be "treated" to a public apology. Most likely, they will all be handled "internally" with possible answers given to team front offices under the requirement that the information is not shared.

ChampionTexan
12-27-2011, 11:43 PM
As far as I can remember, the only time there has been a public apology by the NFL concerning their refs is when the mistake was made on a touchdown play that definitively altered the result of a game. Since the rules have now come to require all touchdown plays (which may have been established to avoid such a scenario), the public may never again be "treated" to a public apology. Most likely, they will all be handled "internally" with possible answers given to team front offices under the requirement that the information is not shared.

I don't know if any of these would actually be classified as an "apology", but it hasn't been that rare to see the NFL admit blown calls (which is absolutely not to imply that they do it every time). Here's a few examples - all from this season:

Harper: NFL admits flag was wrong for hit on Cutler (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15623653/harper-nfl-admits-flag-was-wrong-for-hit-on-cutler)

NFL admits bad spot gave 49ers five free yards (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/nfl-admits-bad-spot-gave-49ers-five-free-yards/)

NFL admits Marshall’s hit on Newton was legal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/nfl-admits-marshalls-hit-on-newton-was-legal/)

Also, while I didn't find anything to link to (nor did I try too hard), I remember it being reported that the NFL acknowledged that the pass that Arian Foster was ruled to have caught and fumbled in the Bengals game was never actually controlled - even though the ruling of a catch and a fumble was upheld via replay review.

Nawzer
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM

I'm not looking for an apology (although that would be a nice for a change) but some sort of acknowledgement from the NFL and the crew that mistakes were made.

Jackie Chiles
12-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Haven't posted since the loss but honestly I wasn't too beat up over it. We played like crap and got beat, we were a long shot to get a bye and honestly playing in the wild card round gives us a better (albeit still longshot) chance to win a playoff game.

But.... When I think about the ref throwing that flag on JJ Watt for his first roughing penalty it gets my blood boiling something awful. Still. 5 days later.

CloakNNNdagger
12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I don't know if any of these would actually be classified as an "apology", but it hasn't been that rare to see the NFL admit blown calls (which is absolutely not to imply that they do it every time). Here's a few examples - all from this season:

Harper: NFL admits flag was wrong for hit on Cutler (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15623653/harper-nfl-admits-flag-was-wrong-for-hit-on-cutler)

NFL admits bad spot gave 49ers five free yards (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/nfl-admits-bad-spot-gave-49ers-five-free-yards/)

NFL admits Marshall’s hit on Newton was legal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/nfl-admits-marshalls-hit-on-newton-was-legal/)

Also, while I didn't find anything to link to (nor did I try too hard), I remember it being reported that the NFL acknowledged that the pass that Arian Foster was ruled to have caught and fumbled in the Bengals game was never actually controlled - even though the ruling of a catch and a fumble was upheld via replay review.

Kellen Winslow's non touchdown pass with the Bucs.........cost the game.

The ultimate screw job when the refs miss FOUR critical scoring play calls........with replay review.:
League admits to two touchdown errors in Sunday night game
PFT Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 25, 2010, 5:44 PM EST

Sunday night’s Vikings-Packers game contained enough layers and wrinkles to justify 100 different items.

The one that had the most impact on the outcome came from the inability of the officials patrolling the end zone to do their jobs properly, in real time and/or under the replay hood.

The availability of replay review is no substitute for getting it right in the first instance. On two separate occasions with scoring plays on the line, the officials got it wrong.

On the third occasion, referee Scott Green simply botched the replay review.

And all three calls worked against the team that lost by four points.

On the second play of the second quarter, a touchdown pass from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers to tight end Andrew Quarless should have been ruled an incompletion. Quarless bobbled the ball after he landed out of bounds. (In the field of play, it’s OK to bobble the ball when hitting the ground as long as the ball doesn’t touch the ground. When landing out of bounds, possession must be maintained without bobbling. And, yes, these rules are indeed simple and clear.)

Though Vikings coach Brad Childress inexplicably failed to throw the challenge flag, the officials should be expected to be in position to see whether or not a pass is complete, especially in the end zone.

Later in the quarter, Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe made a diving catch in the end zone, after running back Adrian Peterson bought time for quarterback Brett Favre with a crushing block on a blitzing linebacker. Though the ball hit the ground, the ball never moved. The call on the field was correct.

NBC’s Al Michaels Cris Collinsworth agreed. As Collinsworth said during the broadcast, “Because he never lost control of the football, I’d be very surprised if this one gets overturned.”

Added Collinsworth: “But I’ve been surprised a few times in the past, too.”

The Packers challenged, and referee Scott Green took away the touchdown, explaining that Shiancoe had “used the ground to help make the catch.”

Whatever that means.

The league office apparently doesn’t understand, either. Per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, coach Brad Childress said on Monday that the league office has informed him the call had been blown.

Then, on the final drive of the night, Vikings receiver Percy Harvin made a catch at the back of the end zone that appeared to give the Vikings a stirring come-from-behind win. In real time, it was obvious that Harvin couldn’t have gotten both feet down. But an official, who was right on top of the play, concluded that Harvin did, and the official called it a touchdown.

And so the Vikings offense, after celebrating the “oh my heavens!“-style win, had to process the fact that their jubilation was moot.

Yes, Green got it right when he went under the hood, but the Vikings never should have been permitted to even think that they had won the game. Though they’re all pros and they know they have to refocus and proceed, it’s far easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

Thus, while we prefer the coach Brad Childress not publicly whine about the officiating in a game in which he made his fair share of mistakes, he has the right to be at least quietly upset.

Vikings fans can choose to direct their anger at any one of five or six different culprits.

UPDATE: As a reader points out, there was another touchdown that incorrectly was awarded and then wiped off the board on replay review. The Vikings scored a touchdown on the next play, so it wasn’t as big deal.

Texan_Bill
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
http://static.culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2011-12-23/yellow_flag.800w_600h.jpg

Oh! Now lookee here what dropped out of my ass!

Sorry Doc, MSR!! That's hilarious!!

El Tejano
12-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't question anything right now because if we show the NFL and the world how wrong they are, they will make it up to us in the worse way during the playoffs.

thunderkyss
12-28-2011, 09:07 AM
http://m.deadspin.com/5411686/last-nights-winner-referee-jerome-boger
He hates Houston.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/11/young.jpg

infantrycak
12-28-2011, 09:11 AM

When Mike Perreira (sp?) was in charge of officiating he would pretty routinely admit mistakes in his NFLNetwork segment. I don't believe the teams are allowed to say anything about the NFL response to their submissions each week.

And yes we got screwed out of a win in that game. Played bad yes but the refs still gave the game away. Epically bad officiating.

TejasTom
12-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Nick Scurfield is usually the one to report back what the NFL ruled on the calls. Best I remember it's only if someone asks him about it later in the week.

disaacks3
12-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Is there some stat on this? I'm sure he has like 5 of them this year and none of them justified. It's not just you. Watt (the poster boy of good living), gets more non-deserved roughing calls than anyone I've ever seen.

There was nothing fixed about that game though. That's an excuse for losing. There was no call by the officials that was that bad. I hated those penalties at the end of the game, but the players were guilty of most of them. The abundance of calls that extended drives and the worst final drive officiating I've seen in my lifetime can account for the loss all by itself. Yes, it would have been better to have more Offense, but we were screwed from the first snap. If you take Colts points off the board when they had drives EXTENDED due to bad calls, they lose before the final drive starts. "Most of them" isn't a high-enough standard. Either you're SURE, or you don't throw the flag.

The game never should have been in position to allow the refs to have an influence on a two minute drive. If it was only that two-minutes that was affected, I would agree. Yes, Kubes should have turned them loose and we'd be up by 16 at that point, but the refs went out of their way to make it difficult all night long.

If the Texans would have won that game with the same calls by the officials in the Texans favor I highly doubt that people would be in here saying that the game was fixed for the Texans and that we didn't really win it. Perhaps, but some of us would also be the first ones to admit that the refs handed it to us.

The last drive was pathetic... Also peep this...

Jerome Boger did ref the game last night... He did Indy @ Tenn. week #8 Tenn. -9 beat Indy 27-10... Teams that have won with him the first game have lost the second game with him in the same season as teams that lost with him in the first game have won the second game in the same season..... It may be a coincidence, but it has happened every time since 2008.

A friend of mine said... "**** was rigged, Vegas made a loooooot of money on that game..."

:kitten: Three years of that huh? Lovely. Hope we don't get his crew for a rematch with the Steelers in the Playoffs.

Dishman
12-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Good post. Those links you posted prompted me to type "NFL admits" into a search engine. I don't know if they were incidents from this year or not, but there were quite a few hits.

Say Watt
12-28-2011, 10:25 AM

If you can't see what the league would have to gain from "fixing" this game, then I don't know what to tell you. If the Colts win out, it is almost a guarantee they can't draft Andrew Luck. Peyton has already said he doesn't want to play with Luck and would basically demand a trade if the Colts draft Luck. But if the Colts get the #1 pick, they are nuts if they don't draft Luck. And we all know Peyton is the darling of the NFL.

So basically, the Colts beating the Texans in an otherwise meaningless game almost eliminates the possibility of a QB controversy in Indy.

It comes down to this: if Indy wins in Week 17 and there are more questionable calls, then I think we can say with just about 100% certainty that it was a conspiracy. Oh and to top it all off if Minnesota ends up with the first pick and gets Luck, well that benefits the NFL in a huge way if the Vikings end up being the team that moves to LA.

Dishman
12-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Minny just drafted Ponder; why would they want Luck? I don't recall Ponder being as bad as Gabbert, but am I missing something?

Say Watt
12-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Minny just drafted Ponder; why would they want Luck? I don't recall Ponder being as bad as Gabbert, but am I missing something?

Ponder flat out does not have near the potential as Luck. Whether or not Luck will reach his full potential no one knows but Ponder's ceiling is Tony Romo. Luck's ceiling is Aaron Rodgers. When you have a chance to draft Aaron Rodgers to replace Tony Romo, I'd say you do so 100 times out of 100. Not to mention you are going to get more fans in the building to see Luck just based off the hype than you ever would get to see Ponder. They could then trade Ponder for possibly a first round pick or at worst a second rounder.

thunderkyss
12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
If you can't see what the league would have to gain from "fixing" this game, then I don't know what to tell you. If the Colts win out, it is almost a guarantee they can't draft Andrew Luck. Peyton has already said he doesn't want to play with Luck and would basically demand a trade if the Colts draft Luck. But if the Colts get the #1 pick, they are nuts if they don't draft Luck. And we all know Peyton is the darling of the NFL.

Even if the Colts end up second to the Rams, Luck will be there.

Unless there's a trade & yada, yada, yada.....

The league didn't have a problem with Montana going to KC, or Emmit going to Arizona.... Reggie White going to Greenbay, Farve going to the Jets, then Minnesota.

I don't think "the league" would fix a game to keep Manning in Baltimore.

Say Watt
12-28-2011, 11:11 AM

The league didn't have a problem with Montana going to KC, or Emmit going to Arizona.... Reggie White going to Greenbay, Farve going to the Jets, then Minnesota.

I think you underestimate the league's love of Peyton Manning. He is their poster boy. There was nothing the league could do to stop Favre from going to the Jets. San Fran was done with Montana no matter how much the league protested. The same goes for Emmit. I don't remember White's situation for why he left but once again, it was a situation where there was nothing the powers that be could do. But there is something they can do in this situation: keep Indy from getting the #1 pick. Just like in the case of Minny, I'm not sold that if the Rams get the #1 pick, that they won't draft Luck and trade Bradford. With his inability to stay healthy, they might consider parting with him to get the next great QB.

Anyway, this isn't a thread about Luck. I say we wait and see, as I stated above, what happens this weekend.

Hervoyel
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM

Do my eyes deceive me or is your age showing? :)

I sometimes refer to the Colts as "Baltimore" too. Not sure why because they've been moved for as long as any recent carpet-bagger franchise out there. I never call the Cardinals "St Louis" or the Rams "LA" but the Colts still feel like Baltimore to me sometimes.

HJam72
12-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Sometimes, I still call them the St. Louis Cardinals.

Wolf
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
soo.... have the Texans gotten a response back from the league on the 6-7 plays the Texans sent in to them?

Not that it matters, I am just curious on the response (yeah, I know if the officials were wrong, they league would say "oops") (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-1/Kubiak-says-Texans-will-send-6-7-penalties-in-for-review/fa80ebb5-50e1-4d13-a667-36fc52b92ae9)

that was dec 23rd.

“Eleven penalties, obviously I don’t agree with all of them, but that’s neither here nor there,” Kubiak said. “Our job’s to keep playing and play through mistakes and play through issues. We had our chances to do that, and we didn’t do it. We’ll turn them into the league. We got to make sure we’re on the same page because a few of those we just don’t understand why they were roughing calls.

"I’ll wait to hear back from the league and we’ll make sure we address it as a group and players take responsibility for it and coaches and move forward.”

Marcus
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM
soo.... have the Texans gotten a response back from the league on the 6-7 plays the Texans sent in to them?

Not that it matters, I am just curious on the response (yeah, I know if the officials were wrong, they league would say "oops") (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-1/Kubiak-says-Texans-will-send-6-7-penalties-in-for-review/fa80ebb5-50e1-4d13-a667-36fc52b92ae9)

that was dec 23rd.

When was the last time you heard the NFL come out and say the officials blew a penalty call? Especially any penalty designed to prevent injuries.

ChampionTexan
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
When was the last time you heard the NFL come out and say the officials blew a penalty call? Especially any penalty designed to prevent injuries.

About 20 posts ago (check out post #110 of this thread).

jppaul
12-30-2011, 12:47 AM

So basically, the Colts beating the Texans in an otherwise meaningless game almost eliminates the possibility of a QB controversy in Indy.

It comes down to this: if Indy wins in Week 17 and there are more questionable calls, then I think we can say with just about 100% certainty that it was a conspiracy. Oh and to top it all off if Minnesota ends up with the first pick and gets Luck, well that benefits the NFL in a huge way if the Vikings end up being the team that moves to LA.

My first irrational thought was the same as yours but then as always I ask myself what does each party have to gain/lose. The gain to the league collectively from the above scenario is minimal to average and a ref scandal of any variety would DESTROY the league for YEARS(billions lost vs millions gained). Not a chance, this is just a case of stupid ass reffing.

TheMatrix31
12-30-2011, 12:51 AM
If anything, the NFL would WANT the Colts to end up with Luck, because if he pans out, then a small market team would have multiple more years of relevance after arguably the best QB of all-time retires.

ObsiWan
12-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Sorry Doc, MSR!! That's hilarious!!

I got him for ya.