PDA

View Full Version : And we're worried about a bye week....

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
We will be one and done in the play-offs, if kubiak is afraid to cut Yates loose a little bit. I know a lot of people were wanting us to go conservative so we can get a "WIN" this will turn out to hurt us in the play-offs, we cant even score against the lowly colts.

Now the colts are easily in this game with Dan .O, so in short if we cant cut yates loose and our defense has to be on the field for 40 minutes every game. We wont even compete in our first ever play off game, dont even talk about getting a bye week, we cant even score more than 10 in the first half on the colts this week.

:toropalm: On the other hand if Kubiak will take that binky out of his mouth and call some damn plays to win, than we might have a shot.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
We will be one and done in the play-offs, if kubiak is afraid to cut Yates loose a little bit. I know a lot of people were wanting us to go conservative so we can get a "WIN" this will turn out to hurt us in the play-offs, we cant even score against the lowly colts.

Now the colts are easily in this game with Dan .O, so in short if we cant cut yates loose and our defense has to be on the field for 40 minutes every game. We wont even compete in our first ever play off game, dont even talk about getting a bye week, we cant even score more than 10 in the first half on the colts this week.

:toropalm: On the other hand if Kubiak will take that binky out of his mouth and call some damn plays to win, than we might have a shot.

Dude, you should be coaching. You make it sound so easy.

axisv
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
This team has looks like it has lost it's Mojo. Flat. Uninspired.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Dude, you should be coaching. You make it sound so easy.

easy ??? this is an easy observation, we are being way to conservative, are you saying you dont agree that we need to throw the ball down the field a little. 1st run, 2nd run, 3rd a short route thats not even to the first down marker.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:00 PM

Looks like a good game to me. The Colts may be "lowly" but they look as if they have something to play for. I'd much rather Tj play against a real (sorta) defense to get him ready for the play-offs.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Looks like a good game to me. The Colts may be "lowly" but they look as if they have something to play for. I'd much rather Tj play against a real (sorta) defense to get him ready for the play-offs.

man what is the colts defense ranked ??? I am not saying TJ is playing bad, i am saying that kubiak is being way to conservative.

amazing80
12-22-2011, 10:03 PM
He needs to take the "training wheels" off Yates....hes a grown man, Im sure he can ride a bike....:kingkong:

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:05 PM
man what is the colts defense ranked ??? I am not saying TJ is playing bad, i am saying that kubiak is being way to conservative.

Don't worry about what they're ranked, watch what they're doing. That line is playing well in spurts. They seem to be playing with a lot of discipline, sniffing out the play action, Tj's almost always got someone in his face & nobody is wide open.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Don't worry about what they're ranked, watch what they're doing. That line is playing well in spurts. They seem to be playing with a lot of discipline, sniffing out the play action, Tj's almost always got someone in his face & nobody is wide open.

it appears to me that we have made the last 2 defenses we have played look good....

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:07 PM
He needs to take the "training wheels" off Yates....hes a grown man, Im sure he can ride a bike....:kingkong:

I don't think it's about training wheels, I think it has more to do with penetration.

Kubiak has already proven to me that he trusts Yates... heck, he threw it 40 times against Cincy & 30 times against Carolina.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
The offensive line is playing like crap the last few games. They're missing blocks and they're just flat getting beat physically in many cases.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Bethea, Angerer & Lacy all looking good tonight.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:09 PM
now TK you dont see a difference now ??? pass pass and then a good run.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
and then we go back to 2 straight runs for losses, yay kubes. There we went back to the style of offense u like now TK

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Caldwell looks disappointing.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
and then we go back to 2 straight runs for losses, yay kubes. There we went back to the style of offense u like now TK

R you serious?

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:14 PM
R you serious?

well u disagreed with my opening post, so i figured you just wanted to run the whole game, look at what we did when we throw it down the field and then run.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
my whole point is that we are gonna face some very good defenses in the play-offs, ones that can shut our run game down, so we need to be able to throw it down the field with or without AJ, not trying to pick a fight with you TK

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:17 PM
We opened the series with a pass, a run, a pass. Ran three more times. A run.... then we kicked a field goal.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
We opened the series with a pass, a run, a pass. Ran three more times. A run.... then we kicked a field goal.

The only difference between these plays & our first half drives, is that he had someone to throw the ball to.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM

yeah the 2 big pass plays and then the big run play and then 2 runs with tate for losses and then the screen

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:23 PM
my whole point is that we are gonna face some very good defenses in the play-offs, ones that can shut our run game down, so we need to be able to throw it down the field with or without AJ, not trying to pick a fight with you TK

Just not understanding the criticism.

Tj's been throwing it downfield since he took his first snap. If Tj isn't throwing it downfield, then he's not seeing anyone open.

I think we lost last week, because Kubiak got to pass happy & abandoned the run game way too early. We need to play our game, on the ground then stretch the field on the play-action..... we've been winning that way since the first Jags game.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM
well from the looks of it i was right about kubiaks play calling......

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 10:54 PM
13-12 and we expect to hang with the big boys who would of already put up 20+ on us in a game like this, like baltimore, new england and the steelers. i dont think so.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM
13-12 and we expect to hang with the big boys who would of already put up 20+ on us in a game like this, like baltimore, new england and the steelers. i dont think so.

No, we'll hang because our defense is going to hold them to 12

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Has anyone noticed how well the backside of the run play is being blocked?

Looks like Arian & Tate are being told to hit the frontside on every play. Neither is going for that backside cut, which has consistently been there.

I wonder if they're working on getting that frontside blocked right for the play-offs.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
good job kubiak, way to protect yates.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
and can KJ ever look back for the ball ?

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:27 PM
No, we'll hang because our defense is going to hold them to 12

like they did tonight against Dan O haha, well this is what will happen when ur defense is on the field to long.

disaacks3
12-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Bye week is ...well Bye-Bye.

kcdoubleeagle
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
It is what it is. Fifth round rookie third string quarterback. It's not his fault but we are handcuffed...I don't blame Kubiak...we had a chance to win the damn game if we just punch it in at the end. Oh well...maybe try the Cajun?

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
like they did tonight against Dan O haha, well this is what will happen when ur defense is on the field to long.

They were on the field too long because of their penalties.

I still think we've got a lot of good work in for the game. I said it before, these games aren't about winning. It's about getting ready for the play-offs.

I still think we're in good shape.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM

I still think we've got a lot of good work in for the game. I said it before, these games aren't about winning. It's about getting ready for the play-offs.

wouldnt a bye week count as a win :toropalm: and i'm sorry but babying yates is not getting us ready for the play-offs.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:32 PM
It is what it is. Fifth round rookie third string quarterback. It's not his fault but we are handcuffed...I don't blame Kubiak...we had a chance to win the damn game if we just punch it in at the end. Oh well...maybe try the Cajun?

We had the lead with less than 2:00 in the game. They took the ball on the 20.

We should have won this game on the defense.

hradhak
12-22-2011, 11:33 PM

I wish I could agree with you. This team came out and laid an egg tonight. And this was a winless team before last Sunday. Our offense looked inept and left our defense out on the field for far too long. I agree that we are behind the 8 ball with a 3rd string QB, but we have to be doing something different with the playcalling. Yates has strengths that we were playing to 3 weeks ago and now we've curled up in a ball and stopped doing those things.

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:34 PM
we cut him loose against the ravens and the bengals and those were wins hmmmmmm you think that is odd.

Norg
12-22-2011, 11:35 PM
The offensive line is playing like crap the last few games. They're missing blocks and they're just flat getting beat physically in many cases.

thank U esp on winston side I swear winston gets Bitched and he causes Penatiles Hes straight Trash

vtech9
12-22-2011, 11:37 PM
the difference in tonight's game is that the Colts played to win, and the Texans played not to lose. I put that on the coaching staff.

cain78749
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
We had the lead with less than 2:00 in the game. They took the ball on the 20.

We should have won this game on the defense.You really expect a defense forced to be on the field as much as ours was tonight to hold down a team that, whatever else they lack, still has a very good receiving corps?

This loss was on Kubiak's play-not-to-lose offensive gameplan.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I wish I could agree with you. This team came out and laid an egg tonight. And this was a winless team before last Sunday. Our offense looked inept and left our defense out on the field for far too long. I agree that we are behind the 8 ball with a 3rd string QB, but we have to be doing something different with the playcalling. Yates has strengths that we were playing to 3 weeks ago and now we've curled up in a ball and stopped doing those things.

We won the T.O.P. 32:55 to 27:05.... our average is 32:56... the offense kept the defense off the field like they were supposed to.

We failed in putting points on the board, I won't argue that. But don't tell me the offense failed to eat up the clock.

TheMatrix31

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

The defense was utterly DESTROYING the Colts. Not their fault the offense is banged like up and can't stay on the field putting points on the board.

This team needs Andre back so badly. Good Lord.

thunderkyss
we cut him loose against the ravens and the bengals and those were wins hmmmmmm you think that is odd.

We beat the Ravens?

Did Yates play in that game?

Norg
lets just treat Wk 16 has a bye week Screw it :P

EllisUnit
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
We won the T.O.P. 32:55 to 27:05.... our average is 32:56... the offense kept the defense off the field like they were supposed to.

We failed in putting points on the board, I won't argue that. But don't tell me the offense failed to eat up the clock.

look again buddy, they won the T.O.P they won 32 to 27 :toropalm: get it right, plus they had 76 plays to our 51, dont give me that crap about us keeping the defense off the field

EllisUnit
We beat the Ravens?

Did Yates play in that game?

haha i meant falcons, my bad

BullNation4Life
easy ??? this is an easy observation, we are being way to conservative, are you saying you dont agree that we need to throw the ball down the field a little. 1st run, 2nd run, 3rd a short route thats not even to the first down marker.

It looked like Kubiak was just trying to get out of Indy without getting anybody hurt..

Hell if that be the case, play the backups and get Delhomme some game time...

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
You really expect a defense forced to be on the field as much as ours was tonight to hold down a team that, whatever else they lack, still has a very good receiving corps?

This loss was on Kubiak's play-not-to-lose offensive gameplan.

Again. That is the game plan that will get us to the Super Bowl. Run the ball.... control the clock... defense kick ass.

We need to work on turning that into points. We need to work on taking care of the ball. We need to work on stretching the field, like last week, I saw deeper routes available & Tj picked the intermediate & checkdowns...

But, he didn't force anything & he wasn't as careless with the ball as he was last week.

We're moving in the right direction.

hradhak
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
It looked like Kubiak was just trying to get out of Indy without getting anybody hurt..

What I don't get is that this is the perfect time to let Yates loose. Let him try out the back of the playbook. If nothing else you can see what he can do and see if he's ready to play in the playoffs. If not, bring in Delhomme and let him go. At least he's got playoff experience

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:45 PM
look again buddy, they won the T.O.P they won 32 to 27 :toropalm: get it right, plus they had 76 plays to our 51, dont give me that crap about us keeping the defense off the field

Whoops...... I bet we won it in the second half.

hradhak
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Again. That is the game plan that will get us to the Super Bowl. Run the ball.... control the clock... defense kick ass.

We need to work on turning that into points. We need to work on taking care of the ball. We need to work on stretching the field, like last week, I saw deeper routes available & Tj picked the intermediate & checkdowns...

But, he didn't force anything & he wasn't as careless with the ball as he was last week.

Yeah, but this week there were also open receivers downfield and he's not making throws when they are wide open. That's what worries me. Passes 10 yards down field are easier to defend if the field isn't stretched.

BullNation4Life
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
What I don't get is that this is the perfect time to let Yates loose. Let him try out the back of the playbook. If nothing else you can see what he can do and see if he's ready to play in the playoffs. If not, bring in Delhomme and let him go. At least he's got playoff experience

I agree. I think when Mathis kept getting to Yates, Kubiak put his playbook away and went total conservative....

Is that what he is gonna do when the Jets come after Yates?

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:49 PM

I didn't see that. I saw the same game plan we played with Matt Schaub in Jacksonville & every game since. This is just growing pains, we've almost got a brand new team out there.

New QB, new OL, it's not square 1, but we're not the team that won 10 games this season. This team is 2-2 & headed to the play-offs.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:51 PM

Let's bring McNabb in & start him next week.

Let's dust Jake the snake off & get him ready by Wild-Card weekend.

Let's teach Leinart to throw right-handed.

Or, let's let Tj work on his mistakes & get better.

BullNation4Life
12-22-2011, 11:53 PM
I didn't see that. I saw the same game plan we played with Matt Schaub in Jacksonville & every game since. This is just growing pains, we've almost got a brand new team out there.

New QB, new OL, it's not square 1, but we're not the team that won 10 games this season. This team is 2-2 & headed to the play-offs.

No this was Kubiak watching Mathis abuse his right tackle, hitting his starting QB and pulling back the reigns in fear of losing another QB. Yates already has a sore shoulder from the Carolina game and when Mathis kept beating Winston and hitting Yates, you could see the playcalling instantly change...

Norg
12-22-2011, 11:54 PM
there is a good chance we are playing tenn in the playoffs wk 16 has to be our bye week we cant show them nothing

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah, but this week there were also open receivers downfield and he's not making throws when they are wide open. That's what worries me. Passes 10 yards down field are easier to defend if the field isn't stretched.

That was included in the post you quoted. The routes were there. Kubiak isn't handcuffing the kid. He's just choosing not to throw those deeper routes.

Sometimes there was pressure in his face.... the Colts (a division opponent) played very disciplined football & caught us on many of our naked boots.

Other times, that open guy was Jacoby... he's our only burner now & maybe Tj doesn't trust him yet... I'm cool with that... for now.

I saw a couple where he gave up his first read, chose not to go to his second, then checked down.... which is probably what they are telling him now. But this one time in particular (they showed it from the endzone view) he had time to go back to his first read, the DBs followed his eyes & left that first guy open.

It's a work in progress.

thunderkyss
12-22-2011, 11:59 PM
No this was Kubiak watching Mathis abuse his right tackle, hitting his starting QB and pulling back the reigns in fear of losing another QB. Yates already has a sore shoulder from the Carolina game and when Mathis kept beating Winston and hitting Yates, you could see the playcalling instantly change...

I saw the same game plan we beat Jacksonville with in Jacksonville with Schaub.

thunderkyss
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
there is a good chance we are playing tenn in the playoffs wk 16 has to be our bye week we cant show them nothing

Instead of being cute & playing games, we need to focus on getting better at what we do.

grinch1134
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM

This! If we can't win with the run we are finished. I think lubes is playing his strength and not his weakness. Until AJ gets out there, the run is our backbone. If it breaks, see ya.

EllisUnit
12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
hmmm i dunno, we need to get creative how bout pass more on 1st down, that seems to work well.

thunderkyss
12-23-2011, 03:43 PM
hmmm i dunno, we need to get creative how bout pass more on 1st down, that seems to work well.

We had a possession in the first half where we started inside the 10.

Two straight boots went no where, the third was a broken play, Tj drops back, takes off to run, then pitches it to Dressen in the flat.

Yep, three straight pass plays in the first half with a 10-3 lead.

Fk'n conservative bastartd.

Endcoachment
12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
We had a possession in the first half where we started inside the 10.

Two straight boots went no where, the third was a broken play, Tj drops back, takes off to run, then pitches it to Dressen in the flat.

Yep, three straight pass plays in the first half with a 10-3 lead.

Fk'n conservative bastartd.

So he called 3 pass plays in a row and that doesn't make the rest of the game conservative? You know how many 3 and outs we had last night? If you suffer from back to back three n outs you must not be aggressive enough.

TheCD
12-23-2011, 04:19 PM
The state that was most telling to me last night is that our defense has absolutely no turnovers in the redzone. Once an offense gets down there they are almost surely going to score. I'm a bit curious if teams are getting more rushing or passing tds on us down there.