PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/22. 7 CT. NFL N. **Official GameDay Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ThaShark316
12-22-2011, 02:25 AM
After dominating the AFC South over the previous eight seasons, the Peyton Manning-less Indianapolis Colts have given way to the Houston Texans.

Even though these teams’ most recent efforts more resembled previous seasons than the current one, this may be Houston’s best chance to finally win in Indianapolis.

Looking to regroup from their first defeat in more than two months, the division champion Texans visit a Colts team looking to build on its first win of the season Thursday night.

The Texans secured their first postseason berth and division title in Week 14. They entered Sunday having won a franchise-record seven straight and coming off a last-second 20-19 victory over Cincinnati, but they lost 28-13 at home to a sub-.500 Carolina team.

Houston had been tied for the conference’s best record but fell one game behind New England and is now one of three AFC teams at 10-4.

“It is a wake-up call, and it’s up to us as leaders to let our team know what exactly this game is,” defensive end Antonio Smith told the team’s official website. “I wouldn’t say it has to happen, but if it does happen, it’s needed for you to be battle-tested in a situation like this, for us to grow as a team. You got to take your (knocks). You got to take your hits on the chin.”

“When you become ‘the team,’ just like when we face teams that people give high praise, you got the underdog coming to knock you right off the pedestal.”

The Texans find themselves in a similar situation Thursday and likely know better than to overlook a Colts team that has plenty to celebrate following an 0-13 start.

Indianapolis rallied in the second half to defeat the Titans, posting its first victory without Manning in more than 14 years.

Making his third consecutive start, Dan Orlovsky was just 11 of 17 for 82 yards but threw for the go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter, and no Colts passes were intercepted for the first time since Week 5. Donald Brown carried 16 times for a career-high 161 yards, including an 80-yard TD run late in the fourth.

Rookie T.J. Yates, thrown under center with season-ending injuries to Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart, also had a forgettable performance as he went 19 of 30 for 212 yards and two interceptions.

With Yates still getting accustomed to his new role, the offense continues to lean on Arian Foster. The Pro Bowler had his fifth 100-yard rushing effort and eighth touchdown in eight games Sunday, running for 109 yards and catching five passes for 58.

In two career meetings with Indianapolis, Foster has totaled 405 yards from scrimmage and four TDs. He rushed for a career-high 231 yards and three scores during a 34-24 win Sept. 12, 2010.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=AkL3fZ6m5ayCfS9wq1CAcq1DubYF?gid=2011 1222011

http://i41.tinypic.com/13z372o.jpg

NO ESPN PICKS ARE UP.

What I want to see

Run the football. All day, and all night.

2010's mistake of not running the ball @ Indy will never happen again...right? Well, it better not. This is hands down one of the worst run defenses you'll see in the league. Not to say they won't attempt to try and stuff the run, but we have to make them try. Don't give them an easy way out and try to get cute by throwing all day. Maybe throw a little to set up the run, but at this point, I don't even want to see that.

Abuse Safety Dan

Bring the house, put pressure on those tackles and make the Colts have to keep extra TEs in to pass protect. Show the rest of the AFC, who will be watching this game, why we can be a feared defensive unit. Pressure Orlovsky all game long.

Stuff the run cold

Indy rushed for 205 yards last week. After watching the Texans give up 160 last week vs. Carolina, the Colts will no doubt come out looking to run it down the defense's throat. Stack the box, make the Colts throw it, and keep them one-dimensional. Finish tackles and don't like the elusive Donald Brown catch fire with electric runs and big gains.

Regain the #2 seed

We all want this team to get that bye. We got the division, now it's time to get greedy and relax while we watch the games on Jan. 7th-8th. Let's get W #11 and stand at the #2 spot for a couple days as we watch football on Christmas Eve.

LETS GO TEXANS! MAKE IT 11-4 FELLAS!!!!!

Malloy
12-22-2011, 02:37 AM
All I want for christmas is 11-4 :)

76Texan
12-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Arewecamping out for the game, LOL! :ant: :texflag:

Seņor Stan
12-22-2011, 03:40 AM
All I want for christmas is 11-4 :)

Thay's what I want for the Patriots too.

TheMatrix31
12-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Take care of business and stay healthy. No turnovers, no stupidity.

Maddict5
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Run the football. All day, and all night.

2010's mistake of not running the ball @ Indy will never happen again...right? Well, it better not. This is hands down one of the worst run defenses you'll see in the league. Not to say they won't attempt to try and stuff the run, but we have to make them try. Don't give them an easy way out and try to get cute by throwing all day. Maybe throw a little to set up the run, but at this point, I don't even want to see that.

dont really agree with that... ya we need to win and all but more importantly we need to get tj as much practice as possible before the playoffs. not saying we should go pass happy but we should do what we've done all year in throwing to set up the run. if we run the ball from the get go and end up with 40-50 carries tonight and tj throws 10-15 passes, we'll win but how much more prepared will tj & the team be to face the ravens, steelers and all the other teams we realistically wont be able to run on much in january in games where he'll have to make his share of throws?

Thorn
12-22-2011, 07:22 AM
dont really agree with that... ya we need to win and all but more importantly we need to get tj as much practice as possible before the playoffs. not saying we should go pass happy but we should do what we've done all year in throwing to set up the run. if we run the ball from the get go and end up with 40-50 carries tonight and tj throws 10-15 passes, we'll win but how much more prepared will tj & the team be to face the ravens, steelers and all the other teams we realistically wont be able to run on much in january in games where he'll have to make his share of throws?

I agree. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pass, run AND play defense. We need to know how to do all three. TJ needs to make those downfield passes as well as the dump offs to the backs before the run game will even work against the big guys.

Blake
12-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Yes, things have changed, but here are the stats from week 1.

37 rushing attempts
24 passing attempts

While I want Yates to get more game time throws, I still think our formula for beating Indy is to ram the ball down their throats and right past Freeney and Mathis.

TejasTom
12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
I agree. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pass, run AND play defense. We need to know how to do all three. TJ needs to make those downfield passes as well as the dump offs to the backs before the run game will even work against the big guys.

First, thanks for waiting for the game day thread.

I really don't care how many pass attempts TJ makes tonight as long as he is going through his progressions and throwing to OPEN guy down field.

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 08:14 AM
The Texans are 0-9 in Indy! After tonight, on paper, there shouldn't be any reason that the Texans fail to come out of it 1-9.............on paper........:thinking::texflag:

Thorn
12-22-2011, 08:15 AM
The Texans are 0-9 in Indy! After tonight, on paper, there shouldn't be any reason that the Texans fail to come out of it 1-9.............on paper........:thinking::texflag:

The outcome of tonights game will prove the Texans are who we think they are. Either way, of course.

Here's to a 1-9 record in Indy! :texflag:

TEXANS84
12-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Most people on the Colts boards are hoping for a loss to secure the #1 draft pick, however I'm sure the team doesn't feel the same way.

I'm expecting a 17-13 win tonight.

MistaRed
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Will be watching via phone until I get home. Foster and Tate should have big nights tonight.

False Start
12-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Good! Thorn didn't start the gameday thread! Now we might stand a chance. :heh:

I hope the Texans come out and play with some fire, and get back on track. I expect Arian and Ben to have pretty damn good games tonight. :texflag:

Thorn
12-22-2011, 09:17 AM
First, thanks for waiting for the game day thread.

Good! Thorn didn't start the gameday thread! Now we might stand a chance. :heh:

:lol:

I guess if we make it to the super bowl, the chances of me starting that game thread would be pretty low?? :tinfoil:

burro
12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
The only thing I want tonight is a convincing win. We are unquestionably a better team than Indianapolis and I would like it to show. The Texans have this habit of "playing down" to their opponent and I want to see it broken tonight. There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game by 14+.

:fans:

ts4texans
12-22-2011, 09:43 AM
lets do this!

False Start
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM

I guess if we make it to the super bowl, the chances of me starting that game thread would be pretty low?? :tinfoil:

Hell, the first playoff game...stay the hell away from any device that can access the internet. :cutthroat:

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM

I think the mods would temporarily lock your account until the Super Bowl gameday thread was started by someone else

...I would.
:kitten:

ThaShark316
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I got to echo the last 2 posts.

Thorn, you are hereby BANNED from Ttalk on 1/7-8 or 1/14-15.

--

About my "what I want to see" when talking about passing/running: The ONE time I don't say "throw to set up the run", and get people disagreeing with me. Damn you who disagreed. :sarcasm:

Maddict5
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
The only thing I want tonight is a convincing win. We are unquestionably a better team than Indianapolis and I would like it to show. The Texans have this habit of "playing down" to their opponent and I want to see it broken tonight. There is no reason why we shouldn't win this game by 14+.

:fans:

the 2011 texans have the 5th highest pts differential in the league??

:rake:

Thorn
12-22-2011, 11:37 AM

These statistical rankings mostly include the time when Schaub was QB, not TJ. The offense hasn't been the same with TJ, it's been scoring less points. I think this would be expected considering the circumstances, but still the Texans don't have the same offense they would if Schaub were healthy and running it (with or without AJ).

ThaShark316
12-22-2011, 11:58 AM
0-9 in Indy?

Time for "The Big Payback".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-f6hZ-K42o

EVOLVIST
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I had this dream last night, fellas - no foolin' - that our wide receivers were replaced by the Colts' DBs, and our wide outs were the DBs for the Colts. Man, TJ was throwing strikes right and left to our/they're WRs. Yates was really putting on a clinic.

Can someone interpret this dream? I sent an email to Negrodamus, but he's yet to respond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcqCH5YXaU

Thorn
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I had this dream last night, fellas - no foolin' - that our wide receivers were replaced by the Colts' DBs, and our wide outs were the DBs for the Colts. Man, TJ was throwing strikes right and left to our/they're WRs. Yates was really putting on a clinic.

Can someone interpret this dream? I sent an email to Negrodamus, but he's yet to respond.

I believe I can help you out with a prognosis. You are either drinking to much, or not enough, but whichever it is you need to change it.

That'll be $10 for the medical advice, $10 for reading your post, $20 because you actually read this response, and $40 says I won't see a penny of any of that.

burro
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM

That's a pretty stat, but it doesn't change the fact that we've lost to the Raiders and now the Panthers this season and have a history of losing to (or at least playing flat against) teams that we are universally considered to be better than. I don't think it's asking too much to expect Houston to be able beat a team like Indy by 14+. If we're only able to pull out a 17-14 win, then I am going to start getting nervous about our ability to compete in the playoffs.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Are you sure that Yates wasn't throwing picks left and right and it just seemed like the colts' DBs were our receivers since they were catching so many of his passes?
:kitten:

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Texans picked to win on NFLN No Huddle.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-no-huddle/09000d5d8254a445/No-Huddle-Week-16-preview

We were talked about in two segments of No Huddle...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-no-huddle/09000d5d8254a17f/AFC-contenders

OBTW, there's a Derrick Mason sighting too...

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
The only prediction I have is the Texans landing on 16 points.

iLoveTexans
12-22-2011, 02:47 PM
We'll be 2-9 in Indy when it's all said and done! :texflag:

axman40
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
We'll be 2-9 in Indy when it's all said and done! :texflag:
Well done rookie!
:texflag:

TimeKiller
12-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Who's on the coverage locally? Is this only going to be viewed by NFLNetwork subscribers? Cuz that would be infinitely lame.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Who's on the coverage locally? Is this only going to be viewed by NFLNetwork subscribers? Cuz that would be infinitely lame.

I believe it's CH. 39 over the air.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM

Edit:

It's showing up on Ch 39 on my Dish Network channel listings....

ThaJokaa
12-22-2011, 03:38 PM
170ish more yds till tate breaks 1k! lets go!

TimeKiller
12-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I believe it's CH. 39 over the air.

Edit:

It's showing up on Ch 39 on my Dish Network channel listings....

I didn't even know that channel was a candidate. Bless you gentlemen, I did NOT want to have to go find a bar to sit at all night!!!

Rey
12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm in vegas. I bet on the texans. This game is going to be extra interesting. Hopefully they win and ill go out and make a hangover part 3.

ChrisG
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
thursday games are weird. It doesnt feel like gameday at all. My whole routine is off. Still cant wait.

Go Texans! Also hopefully Kubes knows to run it down the Colts throats

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 04:49 PM
thursday games are weird. It doesnt feel like gameday at all. My whole routine is off. Still cant wait.

I'm not a big fan of thursday games. I always forget to set my FFL lineup and forget to do the pick 'em thing until it's damn near too late. ...I usually do that Saturday

The only good thing is that the guys get an extra 3 days rest.

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Gameday thread? Didn't we just do this?? Wow, what a fast week. Next thing you tell me is it's Thursday night and we're on TV but I know better than that.

:texflag: :fans: :texflag:

badboy
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcqCH5YXaUYou will have 7 years of rain and good harvest but then it will be followed by 7 years of drought and famine. I hope you have good neighbors cause they are gonna be upset.

burro
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Agreed. I completely forgot about the game twice today. It's just hard to get pumped about anything on a Thursday...that will probably change when the game is actually on.

SheTexan
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
SHUTOUT!! Texans style!!! :texflag:

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Hah, Michael Irvin just said Houston doesn't want a bye becayse if they get it they have to play the Steeler defense, [or] the Ravens defense, the Jets defense, and if you are the Texans you don't want those guys, you want them to play each other so they are a little beat up when you face them.

Sanders said Irvin left out one of those defenses, the #2 Houston Texans defense, who would probably still be #1 if Wade was on the sidelines last week.

:kingkong:

Cjeremy635
12-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Watching NFL Network and they're reporting that Daniels may not play? Why is that? Was it the blow to the knee he took last week? I really hate to see us lose another offensive weapon. This is past being absurd......

redwhiteANDblue
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOooO OOOOooOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooooooo ooooooooo

Texaninlild
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Watching NFL Network and they're reporting that Daniels may not play? Why is that? Was it the blow to the knee he took last week? I really hate to see us lose another offensive weapon. This is past being absurd......

Yes

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow. Off topic but I just got a package from UPS. The guy knocked, HE WAITED for me to answer te door, and even called me 'Sir."

I think those vids about UPS and FedEx are causing some meetings with the drivers on how to deliver a package.

burro
12-22-2011, 06:12 PM
According to NFL Network Owen Daniels will play. Good news.

b0ng
12-22-2011, 06:12 PM
All you have to do is win Texans.

redwhiteANDblue
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
OD will play. But why is troy nolan inactive??

Playoffs
Boom-shaka-laka-laka
Boom-shaka-laka-laka

Let's get ready ... to rummm-bullll!

Wolf
Daniels drank some of Cushing's milk. He is a go

Dallas Clark is a no go

per NFLN

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Great Giants/Jets pregame show on NFLN. :hankpalm:

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
SRO crowd...

Texans have never won in Indy.

burro
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM

It makes sense, honestly. If Indy wasn't 1-13 they would probably be giving tonight's game more attention. That said, I am a little miffed about all of this talk regarding the best defenses in the NFL. We're like the Ron Paul of the NFL, constantly ignored by the media - even when there is a legit story.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I figured there would be SOME talk about Wade Phillips being out, but I haven't heard squat

last week or this week so far

Showtime100

I watched about 20 minutes and had to change it. I'm not sure but I think Michael Irvin spittled in my face when he was making one of his epiphany thoughts.

False Start
I'm set. I cooked a brisket, with tater salad, and a pot of beans. I have my J's rolled, a Valium (doctor prescribed of course, lol) and my new surround system hooked up. Cant wait to hear what it sounds like. :jam: :texflag:

kingh99
12-22-2011, 06:32 PM
As that sick little puppy cum Senator SNL turdcarrier Al Franklen would say, it's pretty much a certainty the Texans will come up short tonight, and, that's, ok.

Texans lose simply because they miss Wade. Wade returns to the sidelines and they will return to ruthless domination. GET WELL SOON MR. PHILLIPS!!!!

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm set. I cooked a brisket, with tater salad, and a pot of beans. I have my J's rolled, a Valium (doctor prescribed of course, lol) and my new surround system hooked up. Cant wait to hear what it sounds like. :jam: :texflag:

Pretty cool man! I didn't know you and Ron White hung out.

kingh99
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I thought they might slip in Cincy and thank goodness they came through heroically. That was an awesome win, doubly so at the sports bar I attended. It must suck to be a Bengals fan, meow.

At any rate I am 100% convinced Wade and Gary coaching from the sidelines together is like the perfect co-Presidency, the one we never saw with Ford-Reagan in 76. Wade and Gary are co-Head Coaches. It's the first time in the history of the NFL it's been tried and it's working perfectly. Gary's a policy wonk. He wants to call plays like he did in Denver. With Wade having even more executive experience than he, (hell he was Wade's waterboy) gary's in his comfort zone.

If we lose, don't despair. It'll set up a classic Houston historic, hysteriac, heroic run at the right time, I feel it in my bones. Been there, done that for the Heart of a Champion years. Richmond Ave was the place I left my indelible mark during that grand era of pride and puffery. Shock the world. It might happen.

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 06:41 PM
John McClain just said that The Texans cannot be expected to score more than 17-20 points with Yates. I expect them to score 28 or more. I had a deep conversation with my TV this evening.......and it will happen!!!:texflag:

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I thought they might slip in Cincy and thank goodness they came through heroically. That was an awesome win, doubly so at the sports bar I attended. It must suck to be a Bengals fan, meow.

At any rate I am 100% convinced now seeing Wade and Gary on the sidelines is like the perfect co-Presidency, the one we never saw with Ford-Reagan in 76. Wade and Gary are co Head Coaches. It's the first time in the history of the NFL it's been tried and it's going to work perfectly. Gary's a policy wonk. He wants to call plays like he did in Denver. With Wade having even more executive experience than he, (hell he was his waterboy) gary's in his comfort zone.

If we lose, don't despair. It'll set up a classic Houston historic, hyteriac, heroic run at the right time, I feel it in my bones. Been there, done that for the Heart of a Champion years. Richmond Ave was the place I left my indelible mark during that grand era of pride and puffery. Shock the world. It might happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-quLynA-_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NmsfBW7F8&feature=related

Im the second link the moment of truth comes at thr 5:14 mark.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
best thing the colts could do is make Manning the offensive coordinator:kitten:

about fell asleep listing to irsay

burro
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Now that's how you do game day!

Hardcore Texan
12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Can the Texans get a little coverage on the pregame show.....geez, it's the Peyton Channel over there.....:brickwall:

fiasco west
12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I hope Foster and Tate run all over these guys again.

Also that the defense isn't nearly useless without Wade calling the plays.

TejasTom
12-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Wide receiver Andre Johnson was ruled out earlier in the week. He joins quarterback Jeff Garcia , tight end Garrett Graham , guard Mike Brisiel , offensive tackle Andrew Gardner , cornerback Sherrick McManis and safety Troy Nolan on the Texans' inactive list.

Austrian
12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
What's wrong with Nolan?

False Start
12-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Pretty cool man! I didn't know you and Ron White hung out.

Yeah, we party all the time, lol.

Now that's how you do game day!

Damn straight it! :cool:

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I can't believe all this Peyton should be MVP BS. If you want to go there I say why not John Elway? He's inactive because he's old, but let's not hold that against him.

kiwitexansfan
12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Gotta say, I am really nervous for this game.

I think this is the most important game of our season so far.

We have to get some momentum going for the playoffs and we need to get Yates some confidence before the big game.

Keeping in the race for a bye would be nice too.

TejasTom
12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
What's wrong with Nolan?

Twisted ankle Sunday. I remember him limping off the field.

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 06:54 PM
What's wrong with Nolan?
Ankle.

headsplint
12-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Anyone have a watch link they can pm me?

kingh99
12-22-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-quLynA-_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NmsfBW7F8&feature=related

Im the second link the moment of truth comes at thr 5:14 mark.

Thanks for the link. Putting the winning play on rewind several times convinced me Yates needs to dare the receivers to spear the ball. He's got a great arm in space but you have to be focused and, well, good to catch his throw. He has the anti Schaub arm in space if he's playing instinctively. He needs to let go.

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
They've never characterized Nolan's ankle injury. That tends to worry me.

Kimmy
12-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I can't believe they just showed HWSNBM in that montage. Someone needs to be fired!

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Chance_C
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you to NFLN for saying Merry Christmas!

burro
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I can't believe they just showed HWSNBM in that montage. Someone needs to be fired!

You can't talk about the pain and misery of the 2002-2010 Texans without mentioning Mr. Mittens.

kingh99
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
What I meant earlier is this is the first time I've seen two sort of rockstar coordinators share the spotlight. Gary's so unassuming it's almost like he would be okay taking turns at the podium after games. Mr. McNair might demand it as a way to help convince Wade to stay. We need that man on our coaching staff along with Gary for as long as we can have them. They both have killer philosophies on each side of the ball and I bet they scare the hell out of the rest of the league. Kubiak's won on offense with the cutting slashing o-line viciousness in Denver and he's brought the same ruthlessly efficient game here and Mr. Wade Phillips is the puppet-master, but of course in an entirely good, non-abusive way.

Premier
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
congrats to the colts on the earning the guaranteed #1 pick tonight..

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/488750/yatespremo.gif

Wolf
12-22-2011, 07:07 PM
I love the NFLN sideline reporters :drool:

Kimmy
12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
You can't talk about the pain and misery of the 2002-2010 Texans without mentioning Mr. Mittens.

If that jinx's us, Ima be hella ticked. And I believe in Jinx's when it comes to this team

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I love the NFLN sideline reporters :drool:

Yeah, better than ESPN's on so many levels.

alphajoker
12-22-2011, 07:10 PM
If that jinx's us, Ima be hella ticked. And I believe in Jinx's when it comes to this team

I jinx your jinx so they cancel out now. :)

Kimmy
12-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks buddy ;)

burro
12-22-2011, 07:13 PM

Nahh, no worries. Carr is the unlucky on a personal level, unrelated to the Texans. He amazingly found a way to get worse after departing Houston.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 07:13 PM
is this the freaking Draft preview or what ... what the ****?

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:14 PM

LOL. I've double-dog-dared-triple-jinxed this game and I'm pretty sure that comes up a Texans win after the jinx coin comes to rest. Well, at least according to my voodoo comic book anyway.

GO GET 'EM TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!

Texan_Bill
12-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Let the "15 posts - saying the same thing" begin. :kitten:

False Start
12-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Kick off at 7:30?

Texan_Bill
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Wait, what??!? Only 32 people in this thread right now? :texflag:

Chance_C
12-22-2011, 07:19 PM
best thing the colts could do is make Manning the offensive coordinator:kitten:

about fell asleep listing to irsay

Told someone that very thing today!

Texan_Bill
12-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Kick off at 7:30?

I think right after this 13 minute commercial break.. :fingergun:

False Start
12-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you to NFLN for saying Merry Christmas!

I was happy to hear that myself! :cool:

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
C'mon Texans!! The freaking Colts anf Teets are so beatable. Time to raise some Hell.

Hells Bells (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvZ_UHGiZ8)

False Start

I lost track of time....if you know what I'm saying. :D

Playoffs
I need a fat coach.

CloakNNNdagger

9 commercials and counting..............

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 07:22 PM
A'ight boyz ... play angry, play with a purpose.

b0ng
12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Dan Orlovsky. We have to beat Dan Orlovsky.

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Watch to see if Orlovsky calls plays out to the defense?

Texan_Bill
12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
9 commercials and counting..............

:lol: Thanks Doc! I didn't even think to count.

alphajoker
12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
That was cool of Foster chatting it up with that soldier.

Showtime100
I need a fat coach.

Would you settle for Moe?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/105155IeKGJwTI.jpg

rollinstone18
radio or video link, anyone?

Wolf
I would take a shot after every time they say "Payton Manning" during the game however I don't feel like having a headache in the morning and passing out before the 1st quarter is over

Playoffs
12-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Okay, I'm in the fantasy football Super Bowl.

My opponent is starting:

Foster
Tate
Rackers
Texans defense

So I'm really rooting for Andre Johnson! :kingkong:

CloakNNNdagger
We are now enjoying commercials #13-21

Showtime100
radio or video link, anyone?

Streamer...

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/99407/1/watch-indianapolis-colts-vs-houston-texans.html

SAMURAITEXAN
Let's go Texans!!!

TejasTom
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Let the "15 posts - saying the same thing" begin. :kitten:
Ok.

Let the "15 posts - saying the same thing" begin.

SeminoleTexan
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Gametime! Let's Go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 07:28 PM
I wonder who is our backup OT with Andrew Gardner inactive??????

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey, they're playing Hell's Bells. That was my idea...lol.

Wolf
12-22-2011, 07:30 PM
lets get a turnover!

:ant:

Austrian
Colts start at the 20. Let's just not let Orlovsky look good.

speedfreek
this extended pre-game coverage is putting me to sleep. KICK OFF ALREADY.

Hell, the Boise/ASU game is more interesting than this crap, and it's one-sided..

TJ

Wolf
12-22-2011, 07:31 PM
lets get a turnover!

hell yes

Cushlash!!!

Showtime100
I just remembered Rackers. I hope somebody slapped him about 15 degrees to the right this week.

TEXANS D RULES!!!!!!!!

SeminoleTexan
Brian Cushing killed that guy

Austrian

OT? Derek Newton.

SAMURAITEXAN
Wow Cushing!!!

alphajoker
Hell yeah!

burro
LOLOLOLOL! That's what's up.

redwhiteANDblue
Yeah defense baby!!

kingh99
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Holy Sh8t Cush

Austrian
That was easy. TD Arian. Nr 10 for him.

TejasTom

Derek Newton

SeminoleTexan
way too easy. Keep it up!!

Showtime100
Yeeeaaoooohh. What you know about that Colts??? What you know about that?

SAMURAITEXAN
Man, talking about domination!!!

Go Texans!!!

redwhiteANDblue
That's exactly what I expect out of this team

Pantherstang84
Flipping the script from last week?

burro
TD Foster! Haha, we're up 7-0 with less than a minute off the clock.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
They've never characterized Nolan's ankle injury. That tends to worry me.

the mothership site says "ankle"

Wolf
http://i53.tinypic.com/mcrqzt.jpg

NastyNate
**** to the yes! Foster for 200 yards today please and Ben Tate with another bill!

alphajoker
Absolutely beautiful way to start the game. Keep it up Texans.

SAMURAITEXAN
TD Foster! Haha, we're up 7-0 with less than a minute off the clock.

Yeah and just 2 play.

Go Texans!!!

NastyNate
12-22-2011, 07:34 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/mcrqzt.jpg

Quote just to stare at that awesomeness!

b0ng
Bladow.

Showtime100
This tweet [not really] from NFLN.

The Colts are playing the Texans?

Texan_Bill
We are now enjoying commercials #13-21

Doc Sean, you are the official commercial counter. I love this one:

Extra Point: Commercial break.

Kick-off after said Commercial break: Commercial break!!!

AWESOME! :gun:

SAMURAITEXAN
12-22-2011, 07:35 PM
This is the way we suppose to play against weak team.

Go Texans!!!

D1DAVE
just got home. Sweet play by Cush. Go Foster!!!!!!:texflag:

kingh99
Quote just to stare at that awesomeness!

He's so consistent. It's a great mind screw. It's not cheesy at all any more because that guy delivers.

Wolf
lets get a 3 and out but I will take another TO

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
the mothership site says "ankle"

Right.....but Kubiak last Sunday said that they would be evaluating his ankle on Monday (which means MRI)........No follow up has been given.

Showtime100
Jeff Saturday is still a douche. A 1-13 douche now.

SAMURAITEXAN
I love our D!!!

Go Texans!!!

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
He said Cody was "at the nose." That's "on the nose" to you, announcer....lol.

CloakNNNdagger
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Another stupid penalty

Austrian
3 and out.

Wolf
lets go Jacoby "sideways" jones

SAMURAITEXAN
3 and out. Loving it!

Go Texans!!!

burro
12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
3 and out. Fantastic start.

CloakNNNdagger
Our safety wasn't back there.

OzzO
Jacoby. That way ------->

NastyNate
lets go Jacoby "sideways" jones

Ye who sees the future

Showtime100
Damn, Jones even thought about vertical, but that horizontal bone in his head kicked in.

rollinstone18
Streamer...

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/99407/1/watch-indianapolis-colts-vs-houston-texans.html

thanks, buddy!

D1DAVE
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Somebody please give Jones a compass.

OzzO
Wonder why the lubrication stadium is full? Perhaps to witness history?

False Start
Great way to start the game! The D is in beat mode today! :wild:

redwhiteANDblue
Jacoby needs to pick a direction and go. I understand its a risk-reward type return he's doing but the rewards don't come too often

kingh99
12-22-2011, 07:41 PM
get ready for a run first run second pass third game. Conservative, bludgeoning ground attack tonight.

Showtime100
thanks, buddy!

My pleasure. I hope it works well for you.

Wolf
Somebody please give Jones a compass.

hell I wish someone would tell Jones horizontal yards doesn't get you to the probowl ... vertical yards does

Wolf
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
crap

Austrian
Well. That sucked. Winston beat.

redwhiteANDblue
Damn let that one go

Showtime100
Damn, no foul even in the NBA, all ball.

disaacks3
Dammit TJ.

Pantherstang84
Good ole Motormouth Winston.

kingh99
12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
spits eggnog at screen

burro
Shat...make it moot, defense!

SheTexan
I'm tellin ya guys/gals!! SHUTOUT!! Not sure we've ever had one, and to lazy to look it up!

Way to go WINSTON!! Retard!!

alphajoker
Yates needs to do a better job and step up in the pocket. That sack is his fault as it is Winston's.

CloakNNNdagger
That's not even the blind side. That was a great play by both Winston and Yates

SeminoleTexan
:toropalm:

OzzO
yeah, may want to tell Yates about the ends Indy has

midway
I can't blame that one on TJ. That one was all Winston.

Austrian
I'm tellin ya guys/gals!! SHUTOUT!! Not sure we've ever had one, and to lazy to look it up!

Last year Tennessee with Rusty Smith was a shutout.

D1DAVE
12-22-2011, 07:44 PM
hell I wish someone would tell Jones horizontal yards doesn't get you to the probowl ... vertical yards doesi,m with ya Wolf.Damn what protection?

Pantherstang84
I can't blame that one on TJ. That one was all Winston.

Yep

disaacks3
Yates needs to do a better job and step up in the pocket. That sack is his fault as it is Winston's.

That's not even the blind side. That was a great play by both Winston and Yates

Yep.

Speedy
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Last year Tennessee with Rusty Smith was a shutout.

They also shutout J-ville in '04.

fikster

he was stepping up, winston got blown up.

Austrian
Barwin!

Wolf
Barwin!

SAMURAITEXAN
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Sack Barwin!!! Our DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

GO TEXANS!!!

SeminoleTexan
love our defense!

OzzO
Barwin gets one

disaacks3
Woo-hoo, nice sack to save the FG attempt.

D1DAVE
Barwin!!!

burro
Our defense is giving Orlovsky a beating. The nice guy in me is worried about his safety.

Austrian
12-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Barwin with 11.5 sacks on the year.

fikster
we may not throw again this game.

midway
Barwin gets another tonight and he'll have a good shot at the franchise record for sacks in a year.

ObsiWan
Dammit TJ.

That was a pretty damned good play by the D

Pantherstang84
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok the Kia commercial is flaming with homosexuality.

alphajoker
Should Jacoby had fair caught that within 10yd line?

Austrian
Barwin gets another tonight and he'll have a good shot at the franchise record for sacks in a year.

Mario has the record with 14. Connor has 11.5 so far. That will be hard to do.

Wolf
on a side note

I don't think I have ever seen Jones wave for a fair catch (bluff the catch ) and let it go over his head

Pantherstang84

Yes. They could have downed it deeper.

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Way to go WINSTON!! Retard!!

12/26/04 - 21-0 @ Jacksonville

11/28/10 - vs Tennessee 20-0

OzzO

yeah, prob so as there was an indy defender in the area that may have let it roll further.

Austrian
Bench Winston.

Pantherstang84
Motormouth again.

burro
Damn Winston...pull it together, man.

disaacks3
Winston having a helluva game so far. :toropalm:

SAMURAITEXAN
That was a pretty damned good play by the D

Damn good play by Mathis that is.

redwhiteANDblue
God winston sucks

ObsiWan
Yes. They could have downed it deeper.

We'll save them the trouble by backing up

midway
12-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Mario has the record with 14. Connor has 11.5 so far. That will be hard to do.

If he gets another tonight though he'll be at 12.5, I'm not saying he's LIKELY to do it, but it's not an outlandish possibility.

OzzO
12-22-2011, 07:50 PM
guess we dont sell the naked bootleg w/o Schaub selling it.

disaacks3
12-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Great playcall Kubes, needed the pass there.

Pantherstang84
Kubiak is getting predictable on 3rd down deep.

Showtime100
Wow. Foster almost screwed the pooch again.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 07:52 PM
They be fired up!
I think they want to keep us Oh-fer Indy

burro
That kinda sucked. We have to find a way to handle Mathis and Freeney.

Wolf
boy they have a pretty good. read on the Yates snap count

I thought it was going to be a offsides or something.

D1DAVE
Is Kubiak on drugs? wtf

alphajoker
D has their work cut out for them...

Showtime100
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Is Kubiak on drugs? wtf

Always has been.

OzzO
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
nice run D, Texans. Make Orlove throw it.

ObsiWan
12-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Is Kubiak on drugs? wtf
What would you have done that deep in our own end???
Let the rookie throw?

Austrian
What was McCain doing there?

D1DAVE
Yeah I know.:toropalm:

Mr. Texan
kubiak going conservative and defense blowing coverage..:kitten:

OzzO
What was McCain doing there?

he got picked in traffic

burro
Can't leave people that open, not even with Dan-o under center.

ChrisG
12-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Turk screwed us!

Austrian
12-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Nice D!

OzzO
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
nice stop D!!!

Showtime100
What would you have done that deep in our own end???
Let the rookie throw?

With respect, yes. We need to let him go for it now while we have this two-game stretch, JMO. :)

fikster
we need a sustained drive after this FG. D needs to get off the field.

Wolf
cushing having a good game so far

burro
Cush! Our run defense really has it together tonight.

Austrian
Turk screwed us!

Turk is horrible.

Pantherstang84
There goes the shutout.

OzzO
12-22-2011, 07:57 PM
okay, time for the offense to step up and have a nice long drive.

burro
we need a sustained drive after this FG. D needs to get off the field.

Agreed.

Showtime100
Turk is horrible.

He left his Depends in the hotel.

D1DAVE
12-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Indeed we do.

Pantherstang84

Only if Motormouth can get it together.

ObsiWan
With respect, yes. We need to let him go for it now while we have this two-game stretch, JMO. :)

Maybe it wasn't you but I could swear people were posting tht Kubiak should go "vanilla" and not show anything until the playoffs. And now that he does, we still b!tch about it.