12-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm shocked and surprised.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Water is wet and the sky is blue.

http://freshbread.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/04/captainobvious.jpg

97roc
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
We don't have to go vertical to win this game, but we will for the playoffs. AJ needs to be ready by then.

Blake
12-20-2011, 01:59 PM
To be honest Diane, I'm surprised.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3mjwCyWVOJHg6ictlbooCze5oPOPfN-PrMe-fQhNaWZ5EBVPDNG_iy1OJOA

HTown2ATX
12-20-2011, 02:00 PM
As long as he plays in the final game against TEN....need him to be warmed up with game action before the playoffs as it seems we may miss the BYE...

ThaJokaa
12-20-2011, 02:31 PM

this

eriadoc
12-20-2011, 02:47 PM
We need to draft two WRs in the upcoming draft. We need one to replace AJ eventually and when he's injured (which is a lot), and we need a late round guy that can burn vertical and return kicks.

Double Barrel
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Rest him for the playoffs. Even a cold A.J. is better than a benched A.J. Defenses have to respect his presence on the field regardless of how ready he is to play. I'd hate to see him re-injure one of those hammies against the Titans and miss the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
12-20-2011, 02:58 PM

I never knew you wore glasses. :spy:

ChampionTexan
12-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Rest him for the playoffs. Even a cold A.J. is better than a benched A.J. Defenses have to respect his presence on the field regardless of how ready he is to play. I'd hate to see him re-injure one of those hammies against the Titans and miss the playoffs.

If he's that fragile right now (and I'm not necessarily saying he isn't), then it doesn't matter - he's not going to do us any good anyway. Also, from watching AJ in the one full game he played after he came back (Jacksonville), it seemed pretty clear that there was a considerable amount of rust that even someone of his skill and talent needed to shake off.

Playoffs are all or nothing - go for broke. Using Andre as a decoy aint gonna cut it. If there's any way to do it, bring him back for the Titans, and while he's still unlikely to be the Andre we all know and love, he's gonna be better than if he sits around for an extra week when (if) he no longer needs to.

qman_tx
12-20-2011, 03:13 PM
If were going to rest Andre, then getting that first round bye is critical!

Double Barrel
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
If he's that fragile right now (and I'm not necessarily saying he isn't), then it doesn't matter - he's not going to do us any good anyway. Also, from watching AJ in the one full game he played after he came back (Jacksonville), it seemed pretty clear that there was a considerable amount of rust the even someone of his skill and talent needed to shake off.

Playoffs are all or nothing - go for broke. Using Andre as a decoy aint gonna cut it. If there's any way to do it, bring him back for the Titans, and while he's still unlikely to be the Andre we all know and love, he's gonna be better than if he sits around for an extra week when (if) he no longer needs to.

Using A.J. as a so-called 'decoy' still causes the defense to respect his presence and he can still catch balls. That does this team some good.

Sitting on the bench during a playoff game does not do this team any good.

Two more weeks of rest could do more good to give him more time to rehab than one game to shake off whatever rust he might have.

I have confidence that the Texans coaching staff will make the right call for A.J. and this team.

kiwitexansfan
12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I want AJ at home in his robe and slippers watching reruns till the playoffs.

Even then I think he will be a risk, but at least he can be a distraction diversion for a bit at least.

And I too second the need to find a WR that can stretch the defense vertically whether it be FA or draft.

TdotTexas2Step
12-20-2011, 03:44 PM
This is the right move. We'll have a better indication of our chances for a first round bye in the last week, then we can decide whether or not we should play him a full game, or get in a half time of reps in the Titans game.

Andre's been waiting A LONG time for this. It doesn't matter if he's rusty. When the lights come on at Reliant for that wildcard game, he'll be ready, I can guarantee that.

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
If he's that fragile right now (and I'm not necessarily saying he isn't), then it doesn't matter - he's not going to do us any good anyway. Also, from watching AJ in the one full game he played after he came back (Jacksonville), it seemed pretty clear that there was a considerable amount of rust that even someone of his skill and talent needed to shake off.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/red/blue_pics/2010/12/21/lameduck_460.jpg

AJ wandering the sidelines as a lame duck following yet another injury is likely to help the team during the playoffs even less than a decoy.

ChampionTexan
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/red/blue_pics/2010/12/21/lameduck_460.jpg

AJ wandering the sidelines as a lame duck following yet another injury is likely to help the team during the playoffs even less than a decoy.

That looks more like Matt Schaub to me!

TimeKiller
12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
He needs to play if he's healthy. If he's really only capable of reinjuring himself then they need to shut him down. If he's actually capable of competition, shake off some of that rust before the competition gets fierce. I was all for resting him to full health earlier this year but it's time to launch this rocket and see if it flies.

rush2112mn
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I hope he is ready....I think he needs to get some reps next week.....but then again.....I would not be surprised if he gets held out vs Tenn too.....

GP
12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
I have a feeling he will play in the first playoff game.

IMO, he is going to be saying "If I end my career, with another injury, I want it to be in the playoffs."

Folks, that playoff game is going to be emotional in many ways. It is my prayer that the emotions Andre, and all of us, feel do not include an Andre Johnson clutching his leg during that playoff game and hobbling off to the bench.

For t hat reason alone, I think he needs to rest the whole way and do the work that gets him ready for full-speed action. Hopefully, Delhomme and Garcia are throwing to him and creating a QB-WR relationship out there.

TdotTexas2Step
12-20-2011, 06:10 PM

IMO, he is going to be saying "If I end my career, with another injury, I want it to be in the playoffs."

+1

He's been waiting way too long for this. I want him to suit up and record his first ever playoff game. He'll show up.

The Pencil Neck
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM

Folks, that playoff game is going to be emotional in many ways. It is my prayer that the emotions Andre, and all of us, feel do not include an Andre Johnson clutching his leg during that playoff game and hobbling off to the bench.

For t hat reason alone, I think he needs to rest the whole way and do the work that gets him ready for full-speed action. Hopefully, Delhomme and Garcia are throwing to him and creating a QB-WR relationship out there.

In that first playoff game, our offense will consist entirely of bubble screens to AJ. He's going to be so pumped up with awesomeness that he will run each one in for a touchdown. Nothing will be able to stop him.

It's going to be great.

eriadoc
12-20-2011, 06:54 PM

In Matt Schaub's time here, he will have missed 17 games by the end of the season. AJ during that same stretch will have missed 20. Schaub has had cheap hits laid on him by Haynesworth, Drayton Florence, and Jared allen (twice). Then he had Haynesworth fall on his foot. AJ has been dealt injuries by ... well, grass.

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2011, 06:55 PM
FWIW:thinking:

ESPN reports: (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/12/no-surprise-andre-johnson-will-not-play-against-colts-on-thursday/)
Andre Johnson, WR Out Dec 20
Comment: Houston Chronicle writer John McClain expects Johnson (hamstring) to play against Tennessee in Week 17.

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2011, 07:01 PM

:spit: Good one, CT!

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-20-2011, 07:22 PM
In that first playoff game, our offense will consist entirely of bubble screens to AJ. He's going to be so pumped up with awesomeness that he will run each one in for a touchdown. Nothing will be able to stop him.

It's going to be great.

I think during the playoffs we will direct snap it to AJ, and he will the sprout massive Angel wings and fly to the endzone multiple times during the game. This happens all the way to a Superbowl Victory. During the post game show AJ is immediately inducted as the first active player to the NFL hall of fame while simultaneously being knighted by the royal family and inducted into sainthood by the pope himself. It's going to be a magical run indeed.

TdotTexas2Step
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
FWIW:thinking:

ESPN reports:

Andre Johnson, WR Out Dec 20
Comment: Houston Chronicle writer John McClain expects Johnson (hamstring) to play against Tennessee in Week 17. (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/12/no-surprise-andre-johnson-will-not-play-against-colts-on-thursday/)

So in other words, Andre will be out against the Titans

:worldpeace:

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
So in other words, Andre will be out against the Titans

:worldpeace:

:spit: Yeah, that would be on par for McLame.

BullNation4Life
12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
wow, shocking...:rolleyes:

Just IR him and be done with it. Tired of wondering if he is coming back, when he is coming back and when he does come back, how long will it be before he gets hurt again...

He's close, he's not, he's on the verge, he has had a set back....sheesh

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
"I think Dominic Davis is close. He's looking good. The kid has been running and getting some work in. I think he's close. The kid is working his tail off."

Signed,

Coach Kubes

BullNation4Life
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
"I think Dominic Davis is close. He's looking good. The kid has been running and getting some work in. I think he's close. The kid is working his tail off."

Signed,

Coach Kubes

Exactly....

Either he is ready or he isn't. Quit telling us "he is close" because obviously close means "he is 3 weeks away and even then we have no clue"

HTown2ATX
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
He'll be there for the playoffs...bank on it.....not hard to see IMO.

:twocents:

HOU-TEX
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't mind holding him back for this game. Honestly, we should run, run and run some more this game. I see no reason why TJ would need to throw more than 15 times.

IMO, we win if TJ throws under 20 times and we run 30+ times.

SheTexan
12-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Maybe he needs a trainer that knows what he's doing!! JMO! Why were his "hammy's" so fragile in the first place. Our players LOVE getting multiple opinions, why not AJ?

Speculation is just that, speculation!! IF he's cleared by the PROFESSIONALS then let the man do his job, if not, well, there's next year, and I'd rather see AJ on the field next year 100% then see him gone for good. I'm a greedy old biatch!! I want multiply playoff runs, not just one!!