PDA

View Full Version : Pick your favorite complaint and get it out of your system

Hervoyel
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Here's my thought. I want to take one thing I'm not happy about and just expound on that in this post. Things have been so good around here over the past seven weeks (in spite of all the injuries and adversity) that yesterday's loss didnt' even begin to put me in a funk BUT..... I noticed something that I want to ***** about. It's not something that's going to derail my whole season or start up a big Soap/No-Soap "war". It's just something I am sick and tired of seeing.

Turf

Our turf is just unbelievably shitty. I'm so tired of watching players (ours and even theirs) slip on this crap and seeing big chunks of it come up as they go down. This week against the Panthers (and no, it would not have changed the result) it seemed like once a drive Foster or Tate would slide to the ground trying to make a cut and that would kill the play. When that happened I always saw a chunk of crappy wanna-be turf come up.

I want to see the end of the tray system. I think it's a failure and that our already exceptional back would be even better on a faster, surer surface be it grass done "differently" somehow or "other".

If it played well I wouldn't have a problem with it's appearance but while we're at it the stuff looks terrible. Everyone's grass field looks rough this time of year but ours seems to always get a head start on turning yellow and blotchy. It's aesthetic but it goes along with the practical in this case.

That's my ***** and that's all I'm gonna say about it. I want the turf fixed. Next?

Yankee_In_TX
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Was there another game this week? Are we not wearing the right cleats?

I only ask because for many years Reliant's field was a favorite or players around the league....?

My gripe:

I saw the Texans of old Sunday. I don't want to see them again. Everyone sucked, defensive play calling sucked, kicking sucked, and I can't even judge our offensive play calling because it was so poorly executed. I don't want to see a total team meltdown again. If I see it again this year, I will look to the head coach.

TexCanada
12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Mistakes happen, but....

FUMBLES

We simply can't be giving the other team an extra possession or two a game because we aren't securing the ball properly. This has been a bit of an issue the last couple of weeks and I would like to see some extra attention paid to it by our ball carriers.

HOU-TEX
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Not running the ball enough

jjjezebel
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Not running the ball enough

Hee! I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. (I hear so many people gripe that we run too much.)

My gripe?
THE FANS - Shut the hell up when we're on offense already!

HOU-TEX
12-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Hee! I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. (I hear so many people gripe that we run too much.)

My gripe?
THE FANS - Shut the hell up when we're on offense already!

I'm serious. We should've run quite a bit more against a bad D. Even when we were behind

jjjezebel
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm serious. We should've run quite a bit more against a bad D. Even when we were behind

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. (And I don't disagree!) :texflag:

Vinnie
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Wrong end of the turnover stick. We've got lucky the last few games, but it was eventually going to bite us. Offense needs to tighten it up. Defense needs to cause more.

OzzO
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I think the Texans bought into their own hype. The recieving crowd at Reliant after the Cin game, Yates getting rook of the week, naming their defense... May not "say" they did, but it seems like it.

Flip side, better to get the smack of reality now against NFC Panthers vs. remaining AFC division rivals later. Gotta still play the game, no one is gonna lay down.

Better step it back up soon.

Big Lou
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I hate when other drivers make a mistake while driving like cut you off and then get pissed off at you when you were in the right.

Oh, you probably meant Texans related.......

:backsout:

since02
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
My complaint:

Jacoby Jones

This guy should not be a No.2 receiver... I don't understand why the coaching staff keeps rewarding him as a starter after so many drops and horrible attempts to make catches... this should be a major factor come draft time.

thunderkyss
12-19-2011, 01:42 PM
That's my ***** and that's all I'm gonna say about it. I want the turf fixed. Next?

That's a good one. Wouldn't it be nice if McNair got a new field as a Christmas/Play-offs present for the guys?

I've got nothing to gripe about. I'm still on a koolaide high

Wolf6151
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Like Yankee said yesterday's team was the old Texans, half ass effort, fumbles, dropped passes, and unmotivated.

gwallaia
12-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Addressing Hervoyel's complaint about the field conditions. Look for the field for the Titans game to be even worse. The bowl game between A&M and Northwestern will be played the day before that game.

PHAROAH
12-19-2011, 02:36 PM
The lack of a deep passing attack and why the texans front office will not go after a real threat to help the wr corp for the playoffs.

Kaiser Toro
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
We looked like a bunch of Bulls on Parade yesterday :kitten:

DX-TEX
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Where is the damn vertical game???

Also, Conner.....dont EVER do that stupid sack dance you did yesterday again.

Showtime100
12-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I wish the turf was better, The vertical game was something noticably missing in my mind as I watched yesterday. Wade and his kidney were like the elephant not in the room and we missed him (not making fun of his shape, just using the old metaphor). I have concerns all around. I never met a fan that didn't.

I hope this thread sticks around because there is sure to be something within the next two weeks that turns into a real ***** for me. For now, however, I'm feeling pretty grateful when I look at the big picture. :kingkong:

Double Barrel
12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Sad part about the turf situation is that Reliant will host a playoff game, and if the turf is a factor in the game, expect a backlash since it will be a national stage.

Seeing our star RB try to make a cut and fall on his butt is disheartening.

Speedy
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, the field looked pretty bad from my upper tank perch yesterday. When I peeped through the 'nocs, it looked like it had just been tilled and they were about to plant corn or something.

As someone mentioned, a bowl game the day before the Titans game. I'd imagine it'll be in pretty bad shape for that one.

And yeah, DB, hopefully they can get a decent field in there for the playoffs.

jaayteetx
12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Andre's hamstrings...they're realing starting to piss me off. What up hamstrings? Quit hamstringing this team already!!!

Showtime100
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Ain't it curious? We have seen injuries to the most important pieces of the puzzle all year long and sailed right thought like a warm summer day. A coach goes down and it's 2010 all over again just-like-that.....lol.

Get well WADE!!! Love ya, call me. :texflag: :phone:

ObsiWan
12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Here's my thought. I want to take one thing I'm not happy about and just expound on that in this post. Things have been so good around here over the past seven weeks (in spite of all the injuries and adversity) that yesterday's loss didnt' even begin to put me in a funk BUT..... I noticed something that I want to ***** about. It's not something that's going to derail my whole season or start up a big Soap/No-Soap "war". It's just something I am sick and tired of seeing.

I know someone else took turnovers but I'd like to second that observation. Do you realize we only had 9 in the first ten games and we've had 8 in the four games since? And yesterday was the first game all season long where we didn't get at least one takeaway.

That's got to improve or we won't last long in the playoffs.

Red Zone efficiency is another pet peeve. One TD our of four trips into the red zone yesterday. That's not playoff team performance.

XI CMURDER IX
12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
My complaint:

Jacoby Jones

This guy should not be a No.2 receiver... I don't understand why the coaching staff keeps rewarding him as a starter after so many drops and horrible attempts to make catches... this should be a major factor come draft time.

Yup.

Wolf
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I have some equally favorites

1) turf... y'all covered that

2) Jacoby Jones, someone tell him that HORIZONTAL yards are not counted on punt returns. He would be a perennial pro-bowler if they were.. his receiving is not very good and when he does make a catch. why does he jump up and pump his chest or wave his arms or something? oh yeah, thats right he is averaging about 1.9 catches a game for 32 y/g ... :sarcasm: esp for a guy that is "#1" on the receiving depth chart.

I guess everyone has a whipping boy on the team and he has gotten on my list. so much potential wasted...

end of my rant.. iI guess it is because basically EVERYONE has stepped up and made plays on this team except the receiving corp.(WR's)

santo
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I have some equally favorites

1) turf... y'all covered that

2) Jacoby Jones, someone tell him that HORIZONTAL yards are not counted on punt returns. He would be a perennial pro-bowler if they were.. his receiving is not very good and when he does make a catch. why does he jump up and pump his chest or wave his arms or something? oh yeah, thats right he is averaging about 1.9 catches a game for 32 y/g ... :sarcasm: esp for a guy that is "#1" on the receiving depth chart.

I guess everyone has a whipping boy on the team and he has gotten on my list. so much potential wasted...

end of my rant.. iI guess it is because basically EVERYONE has stepped up and made plays on this team except the receiving corp.(WR's)

This is my gripe with him as well. Also, can Jacoby let the ball go on punts when the ball is going near the 10 instead of going backwards and catching it.:rake:

Wolf6151
12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
The lack of a deep passing attack and why the texans front office will not go after a real threat to help the wr corp for the playoffs.

I wish we had a better WR corp as well but for now there's nothing the front office can do to help them out, there are no elite WR's sitting on their couches waiting for the phone to ring. The trade deadline has passed. Who do you think is available that's real good and super cheap or free since we're real close to the salary cap?

thunderkyss
12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
What is the 49er's deep passing attack?

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
:peek:

$7.50 beers really piss me off.

Even my *ahem* "places" that I frequent have the occasional happy hour. Why can't the first quarter be like "Happy Hour".... $3.00 domestics, $3.50 Foreign and $4.00 "you call it" well drinks??

:facepalm:

Hardcore Texan
12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Sad part about the turf situation is that Reliant will host a playoff game, and if the turf is a factor in the game, expect a backlash since it will be a national stage.

Seeing our star RB try to make a cut and fall on his butt is disheartening.

If that were to happen, that might be enough motivation to for the Texans to convert the field to the synthetic surface.

powda
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
1. Child support pisses me off
2. People who dont use their blinkers while driving (you paid for them.)
3. Waiters and waitresses who expect a tip when the gratuity is already figured into the bill (i normally tip 25-30% but dont look at me like its expected.)
4. i have about 428 million bosses at work and sometimes what they want causes a conflict with another boss.
5. comercials
6. fast food drive thrus who get your order wrong no matter how simple the order.
7. ketchup on hamburgers pisses me off.
8. christmas lights in febuary piss me off.
9. the neighbors pack of wild dogs who bark all damn night piss me off.
10. tim tebow pisses me off.
11. standing in line while christmas shopping pisses me off.
12. working on christmas eve
13. working on christmas day
14. im technically off on christmas eve/ day but financially i dont have much choice if i want to catch up on bills.
15. the irs pisses me off.
16. english channels have closed captioning in spansih but ive never found spanish channels with closed captioning in english.
17. big hair bands from the 80's piss me off.
18. flat beer
19. quannel x (when you cry wolf to much people dont pay attention to the actual victims of racism.)
20. sunday i set my dvr to record the texans game and left the house at 1030-when i got home i realized the game mustve been broadcasted on fox cause all i got was extreme cbs holliday parade coverage.
21. tangled christmas lights piss me off.
22. connor barwin's vanilla ice hair cut pisses me off.
23. wade phillips kidneys piss me off.
24. arguments about kareem jackson piss me off.
25. giff nielson
26. jeremy shockey
27. this is probably the last christmas my 7 year old will believe in santa
28. alarm clocks
29. pregnant women who smoke
30. people who go shopping for an hour and leave their dog in the car.
31. al quada

i could go on forever but im starting to feel a little bit better. Thanks for the couch session.

steelbtexan
12-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Garys not very good without Wade.

HJam72
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM
The volume of commercials, which has got to be literally twice the volume of the shows they advertise on (or the videos, because, yes, this crap happens on the Net too). Newsflash, people get up and leave for the kitchen during commercials, because they don't want to hear them AND ARE NOT LISTENING NO MATTER HOW JET-ENGINE LOUD IT IS. IT'S JUST NOISE!

This has always been a problem, but it continues to get worse. Heck, I think they're going crappy on the volume of the shows now just so the extreme annoying-ness of the commercials will be more extremely annoying.

Some of us can't hear the commercials anyway, because they've made us deaf already.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
The volume of commercials, which has got to be literally twice the volume of the shows they advertise on (or the videos, because, yes, this crap happens on the Net too). Newsflash, people get up and leave for the kitchen during commercials, because they don't want to hear them AND ARE NOT LISTENING NO MATTER HOW JET-ENGINE LOUD IT IS. IT'S JUST NOISE!

This has always been a problem, but it continues to get worse. Heck, I think they're going crappy on the volume of the shows now just so the extreme annoying-ness of the commercials will be more extremely annoying.

Some of us can't hear the commercials anyway, because they've made us deaf already.

Volume of commercials in BOTH senses. A) Too LOUD and B) Too Voluminous...

Seriously?? After a score they go to commercial. Come back for the kick-off and then back to a commercial?? Really??

Double Barrel
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Volume of commercials in BOTH senses. A) Too LOUD and B) Too Voluminous...

Seriously?? After a score they go to commercial. Come back for the kick-off and then back to a commercial?? Really??

This is the genius of the DVR. Start watching the game about 45 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through commercials. You end up synced with real time somewhere in the fourth quarter. You can then take a little break and let the DVR weed out some more commercials for you.

My son and I watched an entire Texans game in about an hour a few weeks ago.

Playoffs
12-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Pick your favorite complaint and get it out of your system
Bacon is never cooked right at restaurants --- usually soggy. :(

HollaIFyaHEMI
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
This is the genius of the DVR. Start watching the game about 45 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through commercials. You end up synced with real time somewhere in the fourth quarter. You can then take a little break and let the DVR weed out some more commercials for you.

I could never do this...it is not the same. Plus yelling at my television gets through to them.

My complaint : People that disagree with me

Goldensilence
12-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Same thing its been for a while, red zone efficiency.

Stop settling for FG's.

Double Barrel
12-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I could never do this...it is not the same.

It's all in your mind... :thinking:

TejasTom
12-20-2011, 03:38 PM
The people in front of me in line at McDs that complain about how slow the line is moving and then don't know what they want when its their turn.

When I type a response on my phone and it will not post.

gafftop
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Re: The Mario Issue, Let's look at it in another way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop 4/19/11
Simplified possible Mario outcomes next season:
1. Plays good when healthy but has some type of nagging injury as last two years
2. Does not adapt to 3-4.
3. Plays great in his contract year

In 1 we get probably nothing or do we get compensation because we do not sign as we did with Dunta. Last pick in draft. LOL

In 2 same as 1

In 3, do you want to give Mario say 20+ million for the next 5 years based on his last year of performance. Say the cap is 120 million. If you divide in half, half for offense and half for defense, do you really want to give Mario 33% of all money for defense? I sure don't. DO YOU?

In reality probably no player is worth that large of % of cap. Maybe Peyton or Brady etc QBs of that caliber may be the only position that warrants that and even then it is a crap shoot because of injury.

The above is why I think IF you can get a good deal in a trade this year you do it.

It is very likely that other teams view Mario in the same way and will give nothing for him this year. I don't know. But if there are teams out that that covet him I think it should seriously be considered by the Texans.

I don't think Aso is a good deal based on reasoning above.
Just my opinion. "

12/20/11

Here we are almost exactly 8 months from the above post. Took a lot of negative hits from this thread I started. Here we are now and where do we stand? It was my feeling that no matter what happened we would be in a bad place with Mario once the season was over.

I am reading on other threads that we trade Mario now for this and/or that. Someone please explain how we do this? Isn't he a free agent? I think we missed our chance to get something of value for MW. I still thinks he WALKS with us getting nothing but the PITY pick/consolation pick/Dunta pick etc.

Why do I think we get nothing? I don't think we can " non-exclusive " franchise and expect anyone to offer anything for Mario if it means them giving up high round draft choices. I don't think we outright franchise him because he is not worth what we would need to pay him. We can transition tag him but correct me if I am wrong, if we don't match we get nothing.

Anyone watch the game last night. Anyone see Aldon Smith. Anyone think Mario is better. I am sure there are.

Somebody make me feel better and explain how we come out of this deal whole.

I can't help but think where this team would be now if a trade would have been made and we had a real 1b WR and another real CB.

The great teams stay great by always increasing overall talent VALUE. We will lose overall value if we keep Mario or we lose overall value if we let Mario walk.

I really am ecstatic with the Texans season. It may not seem like that but I am. I just have this feeling that we could be a whole lot better if a trade was made.

You asked for it and there it is.

I think the outcome of this Mario situation will be a major factor in the future of the Texans. I think the best outcome has passed us by. That being trading him while we still had rights. We rolled the dice but my feelings were they would come up snake eyes no matter what in reference to long term. Our best situation would have been for him to play like Bruce Smith and stay healthy and help us go deep in playoffs .

Someone again please explain how we trade him and get something for him in the off season. I am just not seeing it.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2011, 03:57 PM

It's the home games that bother me. I wish we could fast forward while in person.

HollaIFyaHEMI
12-20-2011, 04:02 PM
It's the home games that bother me. I wish we could fast forward while in person.

Do you remember what happened to Sandler...you dont want to end up like this. "The Texans won how many Super Bowls...what year is it?"

PHAROAH
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I wish we had a better WR corp as well but for now there's nothing the front office can do to help them out, there are no elite WR's sitting on their couches waiting for the phone to ring. The trade deadline has passed. Who do you think is available that's real good and super cheap or free since we're real close to the salary cap?Hey with TO's money issues he would take anything right now and the guy is a physical freak and has had a public workout why not at least kick the tires and see what he can do for the playoffs or and this is a longshot, Randy Moss as they stated that he was in the best shape of his NFL career at the start of the season. Randy stated that a playoff caliber team would peak his interest those would be the 2 I would at least call up to see if they would have interest and i'm sure they could do better than Jacoby Jones & Slow ass Kevin Walters.

Double Barrel
12-20-2011, 04:56 PM

yeah, I know how it feels. I hated all the down time between plays at games. The ebb and flow were constantly jacked up because of tv timeouts. Dudes just standing on the field waiting for some remote producer to give the game officials a green light to proceed.

thegr8fan
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
having to go through those psuedo security/ hand waving near your body pat down searches that have now been 'hightened' to include metal detecting wands. This is the biggest waste of time on gameday.

Please quit 'posing' like there is some kind of security, and making the entrance even longer and more aggrevating than it already is.

those wands don't even detect the cellphones, car keys, wristwatches, etc that ARE already being brought in every game.

HELLO, its called PLASTIC Explosives.

ObsiWan
12-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Is it too late to add piss-poor officiating to this list?
:toropalm: