PDA

View Full Version : If you don't agree with this, you're in denial

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
We're going to finish as the #3 seed at 12-4 or even 11-5. Accept it. we're okay. We lost this week after winning our division, good. This will fire our guys up. We'll be hungry, we'll focus on our mistakes, we'll have Andre back as well as Wade. We'll be facing the Jets, Cincy, Tenn, or a weird possibility of a few other 7-6 or 6-7 teams at the current moment. Well win. Divisional game against the AFC West winner or NE in their stadium is another story.

So what does this mean in the big picture? We'll most likely win our first round game, this team has "it". Just because we showed up flat today doesn't warrant complete letdown. We won't face an offense like Carolina again this season. Enjoy the rest of the season you crazy crazies.

In other news, Jamiraqoi Shockey is still a douche.

TheDream34
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not worried about playoff seeding because if you really are a great team, you can win games on the road in the playoffs. What I'm worried about are the amount of turnovers we had lately and the inability of our offense to score points lately.

burro
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm not worried about playoff seeding because if you really are a great team, you can win games on the road in the playoffs. What I'm worried about are the amount of turnovers we had lately and the inability of our offense to score points lately.

I agree with this completely. If we can't beat a wild card team, then it's curtains anyhow. I'm more worried about getting into a shootout with the likes of...well, anybody..

imatexan
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
No denial at all.

EVERYTHING is up in the air seeding wise, you are in denial if you think we have the #3 seed locked.

TexansBull
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
The number 3 seed wont be that bad if it plays out that we play the Jets or Bengals. Then we go on the road to play New England if they get the number one(I think). Thats going to be tough.

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
The number 3 seed wont be that bad if it plays out that we play the Jets or Bengals. Then we go on the road to play New England if they get the number one(I think). Thats going to be tough.

I think we only play new england if they're the #2. Realistically balt or pitt will go to Denver and probably stomp them. The highest seed goes lowest, so pitt and balt will probably play again. We'll probably catch NE at their home.

brakos82
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Also, San Diego just defeated Baltimore... so we're not out of the bye-week woods quite yet. (8-22-69-1 seed chances)

Stemp
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
I think we only play new england if they're the #2. Realistically balt or pitt will go to Denver and probably stomp them. The highest seed goes lowest, so pitt and balt will probably play again. We'll probably catch NE at their home.

yup

Winner of #3 vs #6 plays #1
Winner of #4 vs #5 plays #2

If we get the #3, we'll play the Jets/Cincy at home, then travel to NE.
That's why we need the #2 seed, so we can play either Pitt or Denver, both of whom we can beat, especially at home.

brakos82
12-18-2011, 10:32 PM
yup

Lowest winning seed plays #1
Highest winning seed plays #2

That's why we need the #2 seed, so we can play either Pitt or Denver, both of whom we can beat, especially at home.

Fixed that for ya.

Kimmy
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
yup

Winner of #3 vs #6 plays #1
Winner of #4 vs #5 plays #2

That part scares me. Although, I think they are beatable and I would absolutely love to win over the Pats

wildroot
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
There's no team I'd rather us be responsible for knocking out of the playoffs than the Jets. I hope we face them first!

brakos82
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
There's no team I'd rather us be responsible for knocking out of the playoffs than the Jets. I hope we face them first!

I'd rather they not play in the playoffs in the first place. :ant:

JCTexan
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
We're going to finish as the #3 seed at 12-4 or even 11-5. Accept it. we're okay. We lost this week after winning our division, good. This will fire our guys up. We'll be hungry, we'll focus on our mistakes, we'll have Andre back as well as Wade. We'll be facing the Jets, Cincy, Tenn, or a weird possibility of a few other 7-6 or 6-7 teams at the current moment. Well win. Divisional game against the AFC West winner or NE in their stadium is another story.

So what does this mean in the big picture? We'll most likely win our first round game, this team has "it". Just because we showed up flat today doesn't warrant complete letdown. We won't face an offense like Carolina again this season. Enjoy the rest of the season you crazy crazies.

In other news, Jamiraqoi Shockey is still a douche.

If Houston wins their two remaining games and New England and Pittsburgh loses just one Houston finishes with the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC based off Conference Record. I'm in denial thinking New England could possibly stumble and give Htown a first round bye?

kiwitexansfan
12-19-2011, 12:41 AM
I picked 11-5 after Schaub went down, I now think it will be 12-4.

I think we'll be a punchers chance in any playoff game.

If things break our way, we have a chance.

hot pickle
12-19-2011, 02:21 AM
I'd rather they not play in the playoffs in the first place. :ant:

ya i kinda got used to the whole season being over after week 17. dont know how i feel about this whole playoff thing.... :kingkong:

Jaysol
12-19-2011, 04:39 AM
ya i kinda got used to the whole season being over after week 17. dont know how i feel about this whole playoff thing.... :kingkong:

Pretty sure he was referring to the Jets and not the Texans. I think ALL of us can get used to football in late January/ Early February.