PDA

View Full Version : Number one seed is still possible

Lurvinator11
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I am playing on the playoff machine right now.

It is still possible for us to get that number 1 seed

Basicly we would need to win our last 2 games of course. Beat Indy and Tennesse.

We would also need Baltimore to lose to San Diago tonight, New England to lose to Denver today, and Pittsburgh to lose to San Fran tommorrow.

This is all very possible to happen seeming that all three teams are on the road.

Because of our confrence win percentage, we will get the tie breaker. So if all three of those teams lose THIS WEEK, and we win our next TWO games, The Houston Texans will enter the playoffs as the number one seed!

Naiirb
12-18-2011, 05:00 PM
This loss is going to suck extra hard if the Patriots and Ravens both lose today

Kimmy
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
This loss is going to suck extra hard if the Patriots and Ravens both lose today

Why?? That's what we need

alphajoker
Wouldn't it help if the Steelers won? I ask because that would put them ahead in winning their division right?

Thorn

We lost to an NFC opponet, the Pats would lose to an AFC opponet. That helps.

Naiirb
12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Why?? That's what we need

Would of put us a game ahead without worrying what other teams do to get the number 1 seed

Kimmy
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Would of put us a game ahead without worrying what other teams do to get the number 1 seed

I really don't think that is what the Texans are thinking

DX-TEX
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM

I agree but at the same time it keeps us right in the middle of it.

Weird.

Naiirb
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM

My point was if we all finish with the same record i believe we would only get the #3 seed, and being a game ahead we would control whether we get the top seed or not

Edit: As Thorn pointed out we lost to a NFC team, if the Patriots lose i think we would have a tie breaker due to a better conference record if we win our last 2 games.

DX-TEX
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
My point was if we all finish with the same record i believe we would only get the #3 seed

Which wouldnt be ALL bad.

Probably get Steelers at home, then go to NE (who cant stop my dead granny from running the ball) then come home for the Denver tebows.

Lurvinator11
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't it help if the Steelers won? I ask because that would put them ahead in winning their division right?

It would help if you wanted the texans to settle for the 2 seed. Basicly if Pittsburgh wins tonight, they will most likely win out since they play the rams and the browns. Then they will own the number one seed with the best record.

If pitt loses, the the seeding will look like this (pending the texans win our last 2 games)

1. Houston
2. Baltimore
3. New England
4. Denver
5. Pittsburgh
6. New York Jets

Lurvinator11
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Actually the 6 seed right now is looking more like Oakland. The Jets are down 21-0

alphajoker
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
It would help if you wanted the texans to settle for the 2 seed. Basicly if Pittsburgh wins tonight, they will most likely win out since they play the rams and the browns. Then they will own the number one seed with the best record.

If pitt loses, the the seeding will look like this (pending the texans win our last 2 games)

1. Houston
2. Baltimore
3. New England
4. Denver
5. Pittsburgh
6. New York Jets

Oh ok and that scenario plays out if the Ravens and Pats lose too?

thunderkyss
12-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Pittsburgh will probably win out.

SF
StLouis
Cleveland

They'll finish 13-3 at best, we'll finish 12-4

Lurvinator11
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Pittsburgh will probably win out.

SF
StLouis
Cleveland

They'll finish 13-3 at best, we'll finish 12-4

They are playing in san fran so we will have to see.

thunderkyss
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
They are playing in san fran so we will have to see.

If Ben is playing, they'll win. If Ben is not playing, they'll most likely win. If the Steelers are playing the 49ers, they'll probably win.

Ryan
12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I don;'t think Tebow is gonna get it done for us today. Although he may troll the world yet again.

HOU-TEX
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can say our next 2 games are W's after watching today's game. Let's just hope we don't go into the playoffs on a losing streak. Yates came down to Earth today

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can say our next 2 games are W's after watching today's game. Let's just hope we don't go into the playoffs on a losing streak. Yates came down to Earth today

every team has a bad day, the saints lost their last 3 regular season games the season they won the superbowl, and they werent resting starters.

alphajoker
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh ok and that scenario plays out if the Ravens and Pats lose too?

Doesn't matter now...

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
we can still get a first round bye. there is 2 more games left. The way this seasons been going dont be suprised if there is a lot of upsets in the next 2 weeks. just hope that it isnt us again :toropalm:

CharloTex
12-18-2011, 07:43 PM
It's not necessary that NE and Balt lose TODAY, only that they lose one of the next 3 games (as I write this, one of the next 2 for NE). If we were going to lose one of our final three games, today's game was the one to choose. Balt and NE play 3 games against AFC opponents, so any loss by them, in any of the three games, pulls them even with us in the win-loss column, and WORSE than us in the conference-wins column. We also need Pit to lose any game so they tie with us.

If Bal and NE lose a game, we win out, and PIT wins out, I believe we are still the #2 seed.

This is all from studied memory, so I'll verify and get back.

Texn4life
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
It's not necessary that NE and Balt lose TODAY, only that they lose one of the next 3 games (as I write this, one of the next 2 for NE). If we were going to lose one of our final three games, today's game was the one to choose. Balt and NE play 3 games against AFC opponents, so any loss by them, in any of the three games, pulls them even with us in the win-loss column, and WORSE than us in the conference-wins column. We also need Pit to lose any game so they tie with us.

If Bal and NE lose a game, we win out, and PIT wins out, I believe we are still the #2 seed.

This is all from studied memory, so I'll verify and get back.

You're right on the money here. If we win out and Bal and Pitt lose a game then we get the #2 seed. This week just turns out to be perfect opportunities for losses because of who they play. Big Ben and Baltimore are both banged up. Wouldn't be surprised to see us as the number 2 seed after this week at all.

The number 1 seed I think is out of the question. NE has 2 home games against Miami and Buffalo. No way they lose one of those games.

Hervoyel
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM

It should have been.

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
You're right on the money here. If we win out and Bal and Pitt lose a game then we get the #2 seed. This week just turns out to be perfect opportunities for losses because of who they play. Big Ben and Baltimore are both banged up. Wouldn't be surprised to see us as the number 2 seed after this week at all.

The number 1 seed I think is out of the question. NE has 2 home games against Miami and Buffalo. No way they lose one of those games.

never know with the bills man, and dont forget Miami has been kicking some ass lately man.

Texn4life
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
never know with the bills man, and dont forget Miami has been kicking some ass lately man.

Miami did get smashed by the Eagles last week, but I know where you're coming from. I would love it if it happened though trust me. I would love it even more if our offense got in a rhythm before the end of the year without turning the ball over so freaking much. Our turnover ratio doesn't look nearly as good as it did 2 games ago. We went from +11 to +5 in 2 weeks. Have to change that immediately.

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Miami did get smashed by the Eagles last week, but I know where you're coming from. I would love it if it happened though trust me. I would love it even more if our offense got in a rhythm before the end of the year without turning the ball over so freaking much. Our turnover ratio doesn't look nearly as good as it did 2 games ago. We went from +11 to +5 in 2 weeks. Have to change that immediately.

yeah i agree, T.J can make all the right throws it appears to me he is trying to do to much and turning the ball over. i mean hell foster had over 100 yards in just over a half of football. To me this goes back to play calling. We cant get in the position to where we have to put the game on T.Js sholders. If we control the game on the ground like we CAN i think this will help T.J a lot. We are not in the position our have the weapons (WITH AJ OUT) to make yates a 400 yard a game passer

Texn4life
12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
yeah i agree, T.J can make all the right throws it appears to me he is trying to do to much and turning the ball over. i mean hell foster had over 100 yards in just over a half of football. To me this goes back to play calling. We cant get in the position to where we have to put the game on T.Js sholders. If we control the game on the ground like we CAN i think this will help T.J a lot. We are not in the position our have the weapons (WITH AJ OUT) to make yates a 400 yard a game passer

Yeah, we've been putting our defense in some terrible positions this year field position wise on turnovers. The only way the Colts beat us if we give them the rock in position to score. I said the same thing about the Panthers and they scored 14 points off of turnovers working off short fields. The game almost in a nutshell. Our seeding lives rest on us controlling the ball and playing great D. The formula is there. Our guys have to go out and execute it.

ObsiWan
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM

That's partially correct.... A Pittsburgh win tomorrow and a Ravens loss tonight means the Steelers take the AFCN lead with a 11-3 record and the Ravens become the #1 wild card with a 10-4 record.

However, that still leaves Pittsburgh and New England with 11 wins and therefore owning the top two seeds.

We'd have to win the last two games - which is doable - and Pittsburgh and Baltimore would have to lose one more of their last two - not sure about that happening - for us to move back up to one of the top two seeds.

We really shot ourselves in the foot today.

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
well the chargers are whippin the ravens right now :) thats some help.

TexansLucky13
12-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Now we need the 49ers to do their part tomorrow and (assuming the Texans win two) we've got #2!

EllisUnit
12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Now we need the 49ers to do their part tomorrow and (assuming the Texans win two) we've got #2!

the pats could easily lose, we could still get the #1 seed. it is far fetched but with the way things have been going for us, i figure the football gods need to pay us back somehow :)

DX-TEX
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=10154154&15=00114105&16=00415010

Final AFC playoff standings.

BullBlitz
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
we can still get a first round bye. there is 2 more games left. The way this seasons been going dont be suprised if there is a lot of upsets in the next 2 weeks. just hope that it isnt us again :toropalm:

I don't want a first round bye anyway. I'd rather have more games.

amazing80
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM

Actually this is NOT correct. According to the ESPN playoff machine, if the Steelers were to lose tomorrow we all sit at 12-4 (assuming we win out) and Pats finish 13-3. Pats have 1 seed with RAVENS as 2 still, not sure why, but they do. Steelers get 5th seed and we take 3rd seed. We NEED Patriots to lose one of their next games in order to gain a bye and this would actually give us the 1 seed.

Bottom line is....Pit needs to lose one(most likely this week vs. Niners) and the Patriots need to lose one of the next two. Both will be hard, but doable. This is all assuming Ravens win out and we win out. If Ravens lose AGAIN, everything changes in our favor and if we lose again everything changes.

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I am playing on the playoff machine right now.

It is still possible for us to get that number 1 seed

Basicly we would need to win our last 2 games of course. Beat Indy and Tennesse.

We would also need Baltimore to lose to San Diago tonight, New England to lose to Denver today, and Pittsburgh to lose to San Fran tommorrow.

This is all very possible to happen seeming that all three teams are on the road.

Because of our confrence win percentage, we will get the tie breaker. So if all three of those teams lose THIS WEEK, and we win our next TWO games, The Houston Texans will enter the playoffs as the number one seed!

We'll be the #3 seed, book it.

ADTpaul
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM
more then likely we will be playing in the first round. it would be nice to capture the bye but doesnt look like it will happen with the New England win today.

clutch
12-19-2011, 12:00 AM
hey ravens lost!!! sooooooo????

Stemp
12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Actually this is NOT correct. According to the ESPN playoff machine, if the Steelers were to lose tomorrow we all sit at 12-4 (assuming we win out) and Pats finish 13-3. Pats have 1 seed with RAVENS as 2 still, not sure why, but they do. Steelers get 5th seed and we take 3rd seed. We NEED Patriots to lose one of their next games in order to gain a bye and this would actually give us the 1 seed. .

I believe the division winner have to be determined BEFORE the seeding takes place. Thus if Baltimore wins the division, they beat us in the head to head for the #2 spot. We need Pitt to win the division with the same or worse record than us OR we need NE to drop a game so we all (NE, Bal, Hou) have the same record. We would get the #1 seed since we would have the best conference record.

Oz Texan
12-19-2011, 07:20 AM
OK heres the deal , if the Pats do not lose one more game and the steelers do. and houston and balt win out. heres how it will look,

Pats 1 seed
Ravens 2 seed
Houston 3 seed
Steelers 5 seed.

Reasoning is that pats win on Record. Balt gtes the 2 seed due to first tie breaker of head to head. Now if there is a 3 way tie. IE NE loses a game and Pitt loses a game and Houston and Balt win out it will be a 3 way tie which excludes the head to head and goes to the second tie breaker of conference wins which will put the seeding like this.

Houston 1 seed
Balt 2 seed(Bal beats pats on strength of victory)
Pats 3 seed
Steelers 5 seed.

Personally i dont think that pitt beats SF this evening and i really feel that NE will lose one to Miami. so if we can win out the AFC will go thru houston!

Seņor Stan
12-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Despite yesterday's loss, I'm pumped that we are still talking about how to get the #1 seed in the AFC instead of trying to figure out who we are going to draft in 2012.

ObsiWan
12-19-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't want a first round bye anyway. I'd rather have more games.

I don't understand this.
I'd rather have our guys get a week off to heal up. Let whoever comes to visit us get beat up an extra week.

Blake
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Personally, I am not worrying about our chances of getting the top 2 seeds. I have very little faith that the Texans will even win their final 2 games. Let alone get the Ravens or Pats to lose 1 more.

Would I like a first round bye? Of course. I would also like to hit the lottery. But the odds are stacked against me/us in both.

Texn4life
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Actually this is NOT correct. According to the ESPN playoff machine, if the Steelers were to lose tomorrow we all sit at 12-4 (assuming we win out) and Pats finish 13-3. Pats have 1 seed with RAVENS as 2 still, not sure why, but they do. Steelers get 5th seed and we take 3rd seed. We NEED Patriots to lose one of their next games in order to gain a bye and this would actually give us the 1 seed.

Bottom line is....Pit needs to lose one(most likely this week vs. Niners) and the Patriots need to lose one of the next two. Both will be hard, but doable. This is all assuming Ravens win out and we win out. If Ravens lose AGAIN, everything changes in our favor and if we lose again everything changes.

I don't know how I was forgetting about the head-to-head factor with the Ravens. In a 3 way tie we would be ahead of them, but if there isn't one then they get the edge. Oh well, they'll be heading into a crazy environment the last week of the season with the Bengals battling to get into the playoffs so hopefully they'll play like they have all year on the road.

ObsiWan
12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Personally, I am not worrying about our chances of getting the top 2 seeds. I have very little faith that the Texans will even win their final 2 games. Let alone get the Ravens or Pats to lose 1 more.

Would I like a first round bye? Of course. I would also like to hit the lottery. But the odds are stacked against me/us in both.

Seriously??
After yesterday's wake up call, I doubt they sleepwalk thru the next two games.

I worry that playoff inexperience - playoff teams go into a whole new gear - will result in us being one & done.

thunderkyss
12-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Hopefully the Bengals will put it on them Jan 1

ObsiWan
12-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Hopefully the Bengals will put it on them Jan 1

It's possible.
San Diego showed that the Ravens have issues against the deep ball. And if you can keep Suggs out of your QBs face, they can be had.
Flacco ain't the best come-from-behind QB in the league either.

...it's possible.
:texflag:

ChampionTexan
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
It's possible.
San Diego showed that the Ravens have issues against the deep ball. And if you can keep Suggs out of your QBs face, they can be had.
Flacco ain't the best come-from-behind QB in the league either.

...it's possible.
:texflag:

Yeah, and the Ravens have simply not been a good road team. They're under .500 right now, and if they lose to Cincy, their road record will be 3-5.

thunderkyss
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't understand this.
I'd rather have our guys get a week off to heal up. Let whoever comes to visit us get beat up an extra week.

Not only that, but we'll have a better chance at 2 home games & being that homefield advantage.

I'm feeling like Aj, wishing I could be there & do more to help my team.

Texn4life
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Not only that, but we'll have a better chance at 2 home games & being that homefield advantage.

I'm feeling like Aj, wishing I could be there & do more to help my team.

I want a bye too. As much as I like Caldwell I'd much rather have a healthy Briesel in the lineup.

TK...... You remember thinking I was crazy when I said 9-7 could get that last wild card spot? Not looking too crazy now am I? Even the Chargers have a shot at getting in. Its pretty crazy. And that is not a team I want to see if we were to get the 3 seed by the way.

Stemp
12-19-2011, 01:58 PM
The thing is, if we lose out and Denver wins out, then we would get the #4 seed and likely have to play Pitt. We need to win at least 1 of the next two to guarentee playing the weaker wildcard team as the #3 seed.

EVOLVIST
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, I'll tell you what ladies and germs, the Steelers just made it a little easier for us.

But if one of our QBs wore the face that Big Ben had on all game...? Hell, with those 3 picks, we'd have every right to be as scared as #7. Ben looked like a rat in a cage (despite of his rage).

Xoxoxoxo

honored82
12-20-2011, 12:48 AM
So, as of right now, after steelers loss, are we #2 seed ? and we control our destiny ?
since ravens, steelers and texans are all 10-4

Edit : This site just got updated. so we are #3 seed right now and only a ravens loss at cincy in week 17 will give us #2 seed, if we win our next 2 games
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs

thunderkyss
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
So, as of right now, after steelers loss, are we #2 seed ? and we control our destiny ?

Edit : This site just got updated. so we are #3 seed right now and only a ravens loss at cincy in week 17 will give us #2 seed, if we win our next 2 games

A Patriot loss in addition to the Ravens losing in Cincy will get us the #1 seed.

TheMatrix31
12-20-2011, 12:58 AM
If we win out and the Ravens win out, one Patriots loss and we're the #1.

According to Nick Scurfield, anyway.

honored82
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
If we win out and the Ravens win out, one Patriots loss and we're the #1.

According to Nick Scurfield, anyway.

yea that's pretty nice. just saw that on the playoff machine. doesn't matter if the ravens win their next 2 games... as long as the pats loose a game we #1
Not sure how but a 3 way tie between us ravens and pats at 12-4 is giving us #1 seed and dropping pats to #3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

MEGA SWATT
12-20-2011, 01:10 AM
cool

darnbni99a
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
dam that 1st round bye would be oh so lovely!

Malloy
12-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Seriously??
After yesterday's wake up call, I doubt they sleepwalk thru the next two games.

I worry that playoff inexperience - playoff teams go into a whole new gear - will result in us being one & done.

That's alright, because in 2012 we'll have at least 1 playoff game of experience :)

dream_team
12-20-2011, 02:56 AM

Seeding is all screwed up in the NFL. Guess I never knew because us Texans fans never got the chance to worry about.

So what people are saying, if the Ravens & us win out, but Pats lose one game, we are #1. But in that same scenario, if Pats win out as well, we become the #3 seed?

Something doesn't sound right. I'm not saying its wrong, but just doesn't sound right.

htowntexans1985
12-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Seeding is all screwed up in the NFL. Guess I never knew because us Texans fans never got the chance to worry about.

So what people are saying, if the Ravens & us win out, but Pats lose one game, we are #1. But in that same scenario, if Pats win out as well, we become the #3 seed?

Something doesn't sound right. I'm not saying its wrong, but just doesn't sound right.

I beleive we would hold a better conference record then the ravens. Conference is the first tie breaker. Therefore making us #1 if the patriots lose and us and the Ravens win out. If the patriots win out and the ravens lose one then I beleive we would hold the #2 seed. Any one care to verify this?

Texn4life
12-20-2011, 03:57 AM
I beleive we would hold a better conference record then the ravens. Conference is the first tie breaker. Therefore making us #1 if the patriots lose and us and the Ravens win out. If the patriots win out and the ravens lose one then I beleive we would hold the #2 seed. Any one care to verify this?

You're right on the money here. If the Patriots lose and the Ravens win out then it creates a 3 way tie so there is no head to head. The only way the Ravens stay ahead of us is if the Patriots win out and they win out since they beat us earlier in the year. If the Patriots, Ravens and us finish with the same record then we'll get in as the number 1 seed with only 2 conference losses. Each of the other 2 teams would have 3.

Speedy
12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Seeding is all screwed up in the NFL. GuIf ess I never knew because us Texans fans never got the chance to worry about.

The Ravens have head to head over the Texans, so if it's just between us and them, they get it because of head to head. So the Texans need the Pats to lose to make it a 3 way so the head to head doesn't apply. Tie break in a NE, BAL, HOU 3 way tie goes to the Texans because of conference record.

amazing80
12-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Simple solution, Patriots need to lose ONE of the next two and we get one seed

OR

Ravens lose one of the next two (Patriots win out) and we get 2 seed

This is assuming we win BOTH our games

Kimmy
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Hou @ Indy
Tenn @ Hou (We win out)
---------------
Mia @ NE
Buff @ NE (NE isn't losing at home both games)
---------------
Cle @ Bal
Bal @ Cin (I can see Baltimore dropping one)

We get 2nd seed.

IDEXAN
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Simple solution, Patriots need to lose ONE of the next two and we get one seed

OR

Ravens lose one of the next two (Patriots win out) and we get 2 seed

This is assuming we win BOTH our games
NE should be in, but BAL could have problems at Cinci ?
Re our games, I expect a maximum effort from the Texans Thursday night in Indy, but it ain't gonna be easy. Indy has new life after winning this past weekend and you know they remember that azz-thumping we gave them in the season-opener in Reliant.

amazing80
12-20-2011, 09:55 AM
i can see Patriots losing this week to Miami. The Dolphins have a good defense and their offense is clicking not to mention the Patriots lost their best player (and their defense sucked as it was).....I think Miami shocks the world here....

Kimmy
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
i can see Patriots losing this week to Miami. The Dolphins have a good defense and their offense is clicking not to mention the Patriots lost their best player (and their defense sucked as it was).....I think Miami shocks the world here....

Hope you're right. But Miami shocked the hell out of them with the wildcat a few years back. Obi Wan Belichick doesn't like to be made a fool of. I think the Pats beat them, at home.

MistaRed
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
I think Miami wins @ NE this week because the Pats defense is atrocious. Miami has the weapons to score enough points to beat them.

Craig.
12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Re our games, I expect a maximum effort from the Texans Thursday night in Indy, but it ain't gonna be easy. Indy has new life after winning this past weekend and you know they remember that azz-thumping we gave them in the season-opener in Reliant.

They have had a number of ass whoopins this year. Why would one in Houston stand out above all others?

IDEXAN
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
They have had a number of ass whoopins this year. Why would one in Houston stand out above all others?
Simple. We are the one team that really stomped their azz that they get a chance to find redemption with. NOLA and ATL for example beat them as bad, worse than we did but there's no repeat games with them in 2011. Plus we took their division title away from them. And it's also a nationally televised game - in their house. This will be a real test for the Texans.

dream_team
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Hou @ Indy
Tenn @ Hou (We win out)
---------------
Mia @ NE
---------------
Cle @ Bal

We get 2nd seed.

I agree, I think our best chance is the 2nd seed. Hopefully Cincy is in a must-win situation in the last game to make playoffs. Baltimore seems like a whole other team when they're on the road.

gtexan02
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Simple. We are the one team that really stomped their azz that they get a chance to find redemption with. NOLA and ATL for example beat them as bad, worse than we did but there's no repeat games with them in 2011. Plus we took their division title away from them. And it's also a nationally televised game - in their house. This will be a real test for the Texans.

If we lose to a 1 win team quarterbacked by Orlovsky, regardless of circumstances, seeding won't matter any more

ObsiWan
12-20-2011, 11:21 AM
yea that's pretty nice. just saw that on the playoff machine. doesn't matter if the ravens win their next 2 games... as long as the pats loose a game we #1
Not sure how but a 3 way tie between us ravens and pats at 12-4 is giving us #1 seed and dropping pats to #3
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That's going to be tough since the Pats' last two games are at home.

And I still don't see how we leapfrog the Pats. I thought they had us on Strength of Victory...??
:thinking:

ChampionTexan
12-20-2011, 11:24 AM
That's going to be tough since the Pats' last two games are at home.

And I still don't see how we leapfrog the Pats. I thought they had us on Strength of Victory...??
:thinking:

Conference record comes before SoV, and if they lose a game in week 16 or 17, ours is better (assuming we go 2-0).

thunderkyss
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
If we lose to a 1 win team quarterbacked by Orlovsky, regardless of circumstances, seeding won't matter any more

True.

True.

Stemp
12-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Add in the fact that we have NEVER won there.

Home field advantage won't be that great for this game. I think Indy is relieved they did win a game and I don't think they want to miss out on the Suck for Luck sweepstakes by winning another game.

Ole Miss Texan
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Gosh, the more I look at the standings, the more I think a 1st round bye is attainable.

We clearly need to win our remaining two games, which we should. Not guaranteed, but we SHOULD win these.

A NE loss or BAL loss and we've got a 1st round bye.

JCTexan
12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Hou @ Indy
Tenn @ Hou (We win out)
---------------
Mia @ NE
---------------
Cle @ Bal

We get 2nd seed.

No, no, no. We don't want the Patriots to lose both games. One loss alone gives the Texans the #1 seed. If somehow the Patriots lose twice, Baltimore would take the #1 seed based on head-2-head with Houston, assuming both Htown & Baltimore wins out of course.

97roc
12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Hou @ Indy
Tenn @ Hou (We win out)
---------------
Mia @ NE
---------------
Cle @ Bal

We get 2nd seed.

I like this ^^^^^. And your avatar is pretty cool also...

BullBlitz
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
If Ben is playing, they'll win. If Ben is not playing, they'll most likely win. If the Steelers are playing the 49ers, they'll probably win.

Ben played. They lost. Imagine that.

dalemurphy
12-20-2011, 10:38 PM

Bad memories of needing a pretty good Cincinnati team to win in week 17 to secure our playoff position!! uggh... I won't be holding my breath for that one!

thunderkyss
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM

I was really hoping that post would die off into obscurity.

:kitten:

ObsiWan
12-20-2011, 11:20 PM

You aren't alone. I made the same "bold prediction" in another number one seed thread.

...I think themthere #1 seed threads be breeding; everytime I turn around there's another one...
:truck:

TexansFanatic
12-21-2011, 02:01 AM

Haha!

You still picking the Giants to go to the Super Bowl?

:shades:

dream_team
12-21-2011, 02:06 AM

I actually think Ben playing hurt them. The dude couldn't move and wasn't his usual "hard to bring down" self. He also missed some throws. He just didn't seem right. Ben should've took himself out of the game and give his team a chance to win. But lucky for us, he didn't!

thunderkyss
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Haha!

You still picking the Giants to go to the Super Bowl?

:shades:

Giants vs Texans

Big City vs Big Country

TexansFanatic
12-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Giants vs Texans

Big City vs Big Country

Big Country?

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/29704.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r8rW6GVXs0)
I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert,
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime..