PDA

View Full Version : And WHO SAID VICKERS couldn't catch??

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
One dropped catch, no matter how critical, does not make a season's statement, and should not define the man.

gtexan02
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
He has 3 catches for the season

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
He has 3 catches for the season

On the other hand, he has not been given much opportunities. After today, he has 4 receptions in the 5 total thrown to him this year. That was at least double for all other receivers (WR/RB/TE) other than Foster, who had 5 receptions. Only Foster had more receptions yds (58) than Vickers (29) today:texflag:

TimeKiller
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Me. His hands are bad news, he bobbled the few he caught today. Between him and Casey not ever being healthy FB might take some late round draft consideration.

digitalswim
12-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Me. His hands are bad news, he bobbled the few he caught today. Between him and Casey not ever being healthy FB might take some late round draft consideration.

This^^^^. The guy has cement gloves on. He was lucky to hang on to the balls he did catch today.

Leinert must be whispering in TJ's ear. I was in checkdown hell today. Not that it's all his fault since we don't have a decent receiver on the team when AJ goes down. Sure hope we address the situation in the off season.

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Hater alert. Vickers' receiving stats from last year were almost double of what vonta's were. Don't hate based on one catch. Jacoby bobbles quite a few balls, he doesn't finish those catches though. Vickers actually did.

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Then, again, it wouldn't be so bad if Jacoby would learn to bobble those balls and go on to catch 4 out of 5 coming his way.

TimeKiller
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Hater alert. Vickers' receiving stats from last year were almost double of what vonta's were. Don't hate based on one catch. Jacoby bobbles quite a few balls, he doesn't finish those catches though. Vickers actually did.
Hater alert? Do people still say that?

Vickers game is dookie and he needs to be replaced. So he's twice the receiver Leach is and half the blocker. Awesome. That he's getting targeted at all is a pretty damning circumstance.

Then, again, it wouldn't be so bad if Jacoby would learn to bobble those balls and go on to catch 4 out of 5 coming his way.
Ah yes, the bobble catch technique. Quit trying to change his style, just go with the flow and teach the bobble first!

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Hater alert? Do people still say that?

Vickers game is dookie and he needs to be replaced. So he's twice the receiver Leach is and half the blocker. Awesome. That he's getting targeted at all is a pretty damning circumstance.

Ah yes, the bobble catch technique. Quit trying to change his style, just go with the flow and teach the bobble first!

Half the blocker? You're delusional.

And btw, who the hell is "AKIMBO SLICE" ?

TimeKiller
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Half the blocker? You're delusional.
Good come back.

And btw, who the hell is "AKIMBO SLICE" ?

Your mother.

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Your mother.

Even better. If you haven't seen the benefit of Vickers' blocking look at the two games he missed and our YPC. Blinded by the light, rolled up like a duece...

TimeKiller
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes, it had everything to do with Vickers not blocking and nothing to do with an injured offense facing the #6 and #9 ranked defense.

NastyNate
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes, it had everything to do with Vickers not blocking and nothing to do with an injured offense facing the #6 and #9 ranked defense.

Just like Carolina eeking out 28 points had nothing to do with the fact they played the #1 defense. stats are just that, stats. The can be glaringly telling or completely misconstrued.

TimeKiller
12-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Just like Carolina eeking out 28 points had nothing to do with the fact they played the #1 defense. stats are just that, stats. The can be glaringly telling or completely misconstrued.

You mean like how you used receptions to show how much better of a player Lawrence Vickers is than Vonta Leach?

srrono
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
1 game with 3 catches and now Vickers is Jerry Rice?

El Tejano
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM
1 game with 3 catches and now Vickers is Jerry Rice?

absolutley. :kingkong:

srrono
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I say he cant catch!

Dutchrudder
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Casey should Have been the one running that route. He can catch.

Hervoyel
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Vickers just can't catch when it's really, really important.

**** Vickers. He shouldn't even be here. The Texans dropped the ball on getting Vonta back and now we have to run this dysfunctional piece of crap out there. He thinks he's a tailback just like Browns fans said. He can block but he's a downgrade at the postiion.

We basically downgraded our FB so we could save the money and use it to not upgrade our WR (Jacoby). Every time I see Vickers **** up I get pissed about this all over again.

Pieman2005
01-01-2012, 04:12 PM
You sound like my friend who says Jacoby Jones is a great player. :kitten:

The Cush
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Vickers just can't catch when it's really, really important.

**** Vickers. He shouldn't even be here. The Texans dropped the ball on getting Vonta back and now we have to run this dysfunctional piece of crap out there. He thinks he's a tailback just like Browns fans said. He can block but he's a downgrade at the postiion.

We basically downgraded our FB so we could save the money and use it to not upgrade our WR (Jacoby). Every time I see Vickers **** up I get pissed about this all over again.

Didn't we use some of that money we saved to sign some guys named Johnathon Joseph and Daniael Manning?

But yea, Vickers can't catch simple 2 yard patterns which is pretty embarassing for a professional football player

HJam72
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, I know this: James Casey can catch. Throw it to Jacoby and there is a 50% chance it will be caught....by James Casey. :)

GP
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Casey should Have been the one running that route. He can catch.

Nope. The strategy was to put our lower-tier players out there to handle the hard work.

Worked out pretty well, didn't it?

Wolf
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I can deal with vickers messing up more than watching jacoby.

The Cush
01-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Nope. The strategy was to put our lower-tier players out there to handle the hard work.

Worked out pretty well, didn't it?

Well, we rested injured players to have them fresh and we lost abut are still in the playoffs at the #3 seed.

If we had converted that 2 point conversion and would have won while resting our injured players and preserving our starters, we would be in the playoffs at the #3 seed.

We also could have not rested our injured players, continued to play our starters and risk them getting hurt (pretty common theme throughout the season: Schaub, Mario, Andre, Arian, Brisel, Manning, etc.) and won which would have made us the #3 seed.

There is the possibility that even with playing our injured players and our starters we could still have lost which would have made us the #3 seed.

Ultimately, we decided to give extra rest to a banged up squad, lost, and ended up as the #3 seed.

CretorFrigg
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Stone-hands Vickers can't catch anything.

Vickers blocked Tate really well on that one play today...

:chickendance:

Ryan
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM
That was a terrible play call to begin with. Should have given it to Tate. And then on top of that throwing to stone hands.

ubecool454
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
One dropped catch, no matter how critical, does not make a season's statement, and should not define the man.

Vickers beats the ball up like its a pitbull attacking him.

kingh99
01-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Vickers needs to pee on his hands in the shower. No wait, that makes them tougher. Vickers needs to stop peeing on his hands in the shower.:clap:

Moises

kingh99
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Seriously, it's good thing that was a throw away game because that drop cost them. They were moving the ball and the defense needed to rest. That was a certain third down conversion if he catches it I believe. And the ball was right in his hands, no?

TimeKiller
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
mmm hmm.

mmm hmm.

CretorFrigg
01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Do not allow Vickers to run routes during the playoffs. If we're going to do that, at least put Casey in...