PDA

View Full Version : Innegan could be Outegan

brakos82
12-16-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011/12/titans-cb-cortland-finnegan-doesnt.html

Though the Tennessee Titans remain alive in the AFC playoff hunt, cornerback Cortland Finnegan believes that next week could be his final home game as a member of the team, Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reports.

"The last home game (next week) is going to be emotional for me because that could very well be the last time I put on a powder blue uniform," Finnegan said. "It is finally starting to hit home that this is a business."

Finnegan, who turns in 28 in February, is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in March after his current three-year, $15.4 million extension from 2008 expires.

A 2006 seventh-round pick out of Samford, Finnegan became a full-time starter in 2007 and received his multi-year extension during the training camp before a 2008 season where he picked off five passes, returning one 99 yards for a touchdown, and went to the Pro Bowl. Finnegan had another five interceptions in 2009 and three interceptions and 19 passes defensed in 29 games over the 2010-11 seasons.

Finnegan expressed his displeasure with his contract situation in August, briefly leaving training camp. Still his teammates named him a team captain before the season and he was named the team's Walter Payton Man of the Year for a second straight season, which makes his comments about his own contract situation during a time where the team is trying to make the post-season all the more surprising.

Including Finnegan, three of the four starters in the current secondary, and all but one safety (Robert Johnson, signed off the practice squad this season), are scheduled to be unrestricted free agents in 2012. Playing in a division with the Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts, three good cornerbacks are a must, so re-signing Finnegan is surely something the Titans, who are expected to have over $30 million in cap space in 2012, would like to do.

Dutchrudder
12-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Oh cool! Maybe we can sign him to replace Kareem!

:kitten:

Wolf
12-16-2011, 11:55 PM
wow he is pissed about getting 5 plus million a year ...

:headhurts:

kiwitexansfan
12-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Oh cool! Maybe we can sign him to replace Kareem!

:kitten:

I'd pay the man.

burro
12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd pay the man.

I hope you're joking. That guy is a cancer of the worst variety. Plus, it would be a little awkward, no?

http://hindsightsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cortland-finnegan-andre-johnson-fight.jpg

Playoffs
12-17-2011, 12:58 PM
The Budboys wouldn't be the little b!tches they are without innegan.

ChampionTexan
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM

I think the "Displeasure with his contract situation" was more to do with the status of the negotiations for a renewal/extension than with the economics of his current contract.

Stemp
12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
His taking his cues from Chris Johnson. He threw a hissy fit and eventually got what he wanted.

TdotTexas2Step
12-17-2011, 10:35 PM
This dude irks me to no end, but he'd actually be a nice fit in Wade's defense.

And, he's one of those "you hate to go against, but his teammates love" kind of guys.

Either way, I hope someone beats his head in when we play them at Reliant again this season.

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2011, 08:55 AM

That's his OLD contract. During the 2011 preseason, he and the Titans were trying to negotiate another long-term extension contract for when his old contract was up at the end of THIS season. They were reported to be nowhere close when Finnegan briefly walked out. However, with the situation being what it is with all the potential FA losses in the secondary defense at the end of this season, there have even been rumors that the Titans could franchise him.............for ~$10.5 million.

Wolf
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
MSR

wolf <----:toropalm:

reading IS fundamental

TexanSam
12-18-2011, 11:45 AM
How can someone so charitable off the field be such a douche on it?

gg no re
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
How can someone so charitable off the field be such a douche on it?

It's probably an extension of the internet ****wad theory (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/)

kiwitexansfan
12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I hope you're joking. That guy is a cancer of the worst variety. Plus, it would be a little awkward, no?

http://hindsightsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cortland-finnegan-andre-johnson-fight.jpg

He is a good CB, plays with an edge.

His teammates, coaches and community appreciate him LINK (http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/tag/cortland-finnegan/)

He just plays in a certain way to get a certain effect, and that pisses opponents and their fans off.

toronto
12-18-2011, 03:29 PM
As a Titan fan I'm happy to move on. Always found him overrated due to his 'edgy play.'

Way too undisciplined for my liking. Had one huge year and that was it IMO