PDA

View Full Version : Hardly a surprise......AJ is Officially Out

CloakNNNdagger
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/16/andre-johnson-ruled-out-again/) reports this. We would have expected this of course, since he has not practiced.

Ryan
12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Hold him out till Tennessee and let him play a half to get comfortable and get his feet back under him a little bit if he can handle it, and make sure he is ready for playoffs.

rush2112mn
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/16/andre-johnson-ruled-out-again/) reports this. We would have expected this of course, since he has not practiced.

Knew that one was coming.....
Probaly wont play until Tennessee....

disaacks3
12-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Hold him out till Tennessee and let him play a half to get comfortable and get his feet back under him a little bit if he can handle it, and make sure he is ready for playoffs. Exactly what I'm hoping for.

97roc
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Hold him out till Tennessee and let him play a half to get comfortable and get his feet back under him a little bit if he can handle it, and make sure he is ready for playoffs.

This ^^^^ makes complete sense. I hope Maehl gets some snaps other than just special teams.

HJam72
12-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't really care if he sits out 'till playoffs; whatever it takes to get 'im healthy.

Dutchrudder
12-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Sit him till the playoffs. We can't afford to go into that game without him, it's not worth the risk. He shouldn't have played another game since his injury, we don't need him out there.

SheTexan
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Sit him till the playoffs. We can't afford to go into that game without him, it's not worth the risk. He shouldn't have played another game since his injury, we don't need him out there.

The second injury was to the opposite leg. Sheeeeet happens! AJ is our hero, but, he was rusty as hell during the Jags game. Pretty obvious he needs some reps, needs to get in synk with TJ. Maybe play a little in the Tits game, enough to loosin up. He's good, but, going into the playoff cold turkey would be hard for anyone, even AJ. JMO

dream_team
12-17-2011, 01:49 AM
The second injury was to the opposite leg. Sheeeeet happens! AJ is our hero, but, he was rusty as hell during the Jags game. Pretty obvious he needs some reps, needs to get in synk with TJ. Maybe play a little in the Tits game, enough to loosin up. He's good, but, going into the playoff cold turkey would be hard for anyone, even AJ. JMO

Totally agree. I was hoping he'd return by Indy, slowly easing back in. I don't want his first game to be the playoffs. He was rusty in the Jax game, I don't wanna see a similar performance in the Texans first playoff game.

TheEastwood
12-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Hold him out until the playoffs but let him practice when hes able. Id say let him play the last game but its against innigen and the Titans. You know innigen is chippy and dirty as hell. Better not to risk him. Let him get the reps with Yates in practice but hold him out til we really need him.

ObsiWan
12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I would like to see some more Bryant Johnson. Seems like I only see him on running plays.

thunderkyss
12-17-2011, 04:15 PM
One of the main reasons I want this team to go far in the play-offs is because of Andre.

I know it's got to be killing him knowing that we've got this locked up & he wasn't a big part of it.

Hopefully he'll go off in the play-offs & put this "best WR in the league" thing to bed; again.

I'm hoping he has an MVP run in the post season.

Wolf
12-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, we have two games next week, I don't expect aj to be back until the Titan game

jwmann2
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Hamstring injuries are no joke. I hurt mine training for football in 2005, running gassers.
The tightness you feel the next day was one of the worst feelings I had ever felt. I couldn't bend over to touch my knee. And you're scared to push off the wrong way or do leg curls, deadlifts, etc. Injuries is part of NFL life however.