PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp- Texans best team in the AFC

ThaJokaa
12-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I couldve sworn he picked the Patriots earlier in the season, but show us some love!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82500239/Best-team-in-the-AFC

TexansFanatic
12-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Wow, and he said "we."

Sapp's a Texans fan!

edo783
12-13-2011, 12:11 AM
From sapp that is a major concession. He could very likely be correct since we have a VERY good defense, an o-line coupled with a running game that is doing well and a rookie who looks like the game MAy not be too big for him. Thats the sort of combo that can carry you pretty far if the cards fall right. the only problem we may have is a shoot out type game. I doubt we can win that sort of game with Tj at this point in time against say the packers.

DX-TEX
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM
From sapp that is a major concession. He could very likely be correct since we have a VERY good defense, an o-line coupled with a running game that is doing well and a rookie who looks like the game MAy not be too big for him. Thats the sort of combo that can carry you pretty far if the cards fall right. the only problem we may have is a shoot out type game. I doubt we can win that sort of game with Tj at this point in time against say the packers.

Yes. I actually like Sapps opinions but while I always got the vibe from him that he wanted to like us he just wouldnt commit. Now it seems we have won him over.

Or he just got Yated!

Premier
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM
just saw this... i thought sapp was going to go against whoever said the texans..

ThaShark316
12-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Just 2 weeks ago, he was telling everyone on No Huddle how

"They used to playing ahead!!!!"

See, you get told by this GANGSTA ass team, and you change your tune.

ObsiWan
12-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Welcome aboard the Bandwagon big fella.

Now do us a favor and smack Dukes upside his empty head.
:bat:

ObsiWan
12-13-2011, 02:08 AM
just saw this... i thought sapp was going to go against whoever said the texans..

Sapp has always been a fan of our defense and running game; he would never consider us elite because he didn't know what we had in T.J.Yates. Sapp would always say that sooner or later your QB will have to make a play to bring you back and win the game. And when you think about his bad experiences in Tampa with a hellified defense but no decent QB, I can understand him thinking like that. Until this week, Yates hadn't had to bring us back from behind. Once he saw Yates come back on Sunday, that was the last piece. QBKilla is all in.

PHAROAH
12-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Warren is letting his eyes do the talking and just being real about it about time we get some love.

IDEXAN
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
No way are we the best in the conference with both Schaub & AJ on the sidelines, but with them in the lineup I'd have to say it's definitely debatable. Hey man, those guys like Sapp have got to have something to talk about.

Stemp
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Sapp picked against us for the Falcons game, but became a believer after the win and picked us against the Bengals.

Thorn
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I couldve sworn he picked the Patriots earlier in the season, but show us some love!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82500239/Best-team-in-the-AFC

I get a msg saying the video is no longer avaliable. After the ****ing commercial of course. I HATE these ****ing commercials on the internet. Jesus, commercials are why I DVR everything on TV that I can so I don't have to set through the damn things. Now I have them on my ****ing PC.

God I hate that ****.

redwhiteANDblue
12-13-2011, 08:58 AM
I was watching the NFL network where they asked Heath Evans which team will make more noise in the playoffs. Denver or Houston. And he picked Denver and Tim Tebow...

Are you ****ing kidding me??

BigBull17
12-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I was watching the NFL network where they asked Heath Evans which team will make more noise in the playoffs. Denver or Houston. And he picked Denver and Tim Tebow...

And you're shocked how? Who in their right mind would pick us? It's not like we are playing lights out despite the injuries and everything... Or have the number one defense...The Broncos are gonna have some issues eventually. These kind of runs don't last. We may have the same problem, but our team is better equiped to sustain then they are, but the flapping windbags wont admit it.

Stemp
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Denver plays NE this week, which will give them a dose of reality.

They play Buffalo and KC after that however, which will restart the hype machine.

False Start
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I get a msg saying the video is no longer avaliable. After the ****ing commercial of course. I HATE these ****ing commercials on the internet. Jesus, commercials are why I DVR everything on TV that I can so I don't have to set through the damn things. Now I have them on my ****ing PC.

God I hate that ****.

Firefox + Ad Block = No commercials on the internet. :D

Showtime100
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM

God I hate that ****.

Try it again, Thorn. I just watched it. It took a while to load but was there.

I just looked at the NFLN schedule of replays this week and the Texans were left out. :mariopalm:

They have the Giants-Cowboys. East coast team vs the other Texas team, close game, you have to figure they'd put that one in there.

They also have Chicago - Denver. They want to show you Tebow since there's not enough Tebow coverage :smiliepalm:. You knew that one would be in there.

It the third one I have a problem with. New England - Washington. 34-27, ok, it was close. Plus it's Brady, New England, east coast. But IMO still not the correct game.

But for my money watching a 3rd stringer come through for the gold as time almost ran out giving his team it's first ever division title and playoff spot is MUCH more exciting than watching Brady ***** at his OC on the sidelines.

False Start
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
That is messed up! I was thinking about the Texans game being on NFL Replay this morning, what a crock of $hit! :smiliepalm:

Say Watt
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
We aren't going to be on NFL Replay?!?!? What?!?!? Ok, it's time for us to send in some angry letters to the network. This is bull **** and it's time the bulls do some ****tin.

BIG TORO
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Damn I was planning on recording the replay since I forgot to record it on
Sunday!
:smiliepalm:

Stemp
12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Our game was really not that fun to watch other than the ending. Not much scoring, lots of punts, two rookie QBs. No surprise.

Showtime100
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Sunday!

Maybe they'll change it? I don't know. I looked through Sunday. Hell, they even have Dallas - San Francisco from week 2 on replay Saturday. Freaking Dallas STILL getting Houston's time.

If anybody knows how to get the game on DVR I would be interested to know about it. Thanks. :pissed:

Double Barrel
12-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Right on, big fella'!!

Like ObsiWan mentioned earlier, Sapp was very hesitant on the Texans last week because of the unknown quantity of TJ Yates. Now he's seen what Yates is capable of and is buying us.

I dig Sapp as an analyst (and not just because he likes us now). I don't always agree with him, but I know he speaks from personal experience and doesn't have a pre-conceived bias against teams *cough*Dukes*cough*. And Sapp is entertaining as anyone else, especially when his eyes bug out because he's not happy with a point being made in debate.

The Pencil Neck
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Denver plays NE this week, which will give them a dose of reality.

They play Buffalo and KC after that however, which will restart the hype machine.

We WANT Denver to beat NE.

I don't care about the hype and the Tebowmania that will result. We just need the Patriots and Ravens to drop one and we need to win out. That way we get the #1 seed.

Stemp
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
We WANT Denver to beat NE.

I don't care about the hype and the Tebowmania that will result. We just need the Patriots and Ravens to drop one and we need to win out. That way we get the #1 seed.

We only want NE to drop on if Baltimore drops one. We need NE to finish with the same record if Baltimore continues to win.

noxiousdog
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Sunday!

The NFL game rewind package is fantastic. For $30, you get access to every game for the last 3 years, without commercials. The kicker is that they also have a condensed version that only shows the play and any penalties. It leaves out the between the snap stuff so you can watch an entire game in about 30 minutes.

DX-TEX
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
We only want NE to drop on if Baltimore drops one. We need NE to finish with the same record if Baltimore continues to win.

This would be the week for that, IMO.

Ravens @ Chargers, Pats @ Broncos

The Pencil Neck
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM

If NE drops one and Baltimore drops one and we win out, we're #1.

If NE drops one and we win out and Baltimore wins out, we're #2.

If NE wins out and Baltimore wins out and we win out, we could be #1, #2, or #3 depending on how other games shake out. If Tampa Bay beats the Cowboys, that would really help our SOV in case of a 3-way tie. Miami beating Buffalo would help, too.

brakos82
12-13-2011, 02:20 PM
If NE drops one and Baltimore drops one and we win out, we're #1.

If NE drops one and we win out and Baltimore wins out, we're #2.

If NE wins out and Baltimore wins out and we win out, we could be #1, #2, or #3 depending on how other games shake out. If Tampa Bay beats the Cowboys, that would really help our SOV in case of a 3-way tie. Miami beating Buffalo would help, too.

Actually Baltimore has a lock on the #1 seed based on SOV... the Pats and Texans both can't "catch up" in that statistic to them. (We can pass the Pats though)

The Pencil Neck
12-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Actually Baltimore has a lock on the #1 seed based on SOV... the Pats and Texans both can't "catch up" in that statistic to them. (We can pass the Pats though)

Oh, damn. OK.

So, if all three teams win out, we still have a shot at #2 based on SOV but we need teams like the Bengals, Falcons, and Buccs to win some games for us, too.

TexanDave
12-13-2011, 02:30 PM
The best part about that is when he said "we".

JCTexan
12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh, damn. OK.

So, if all three teams win out, we still have a shot at #2 based on SOV but we need teams like the Bengals, Falcons, and Buccs to win some games for us, too.

Basically. Right now SOV looks like this:

Ravens - .515
Patriots - .415
Texans - .400

Playoffs
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Who said my Texans aren't good???

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/m0y7p1.jpg

Stemp
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
nevermind.

We need Baltimore to lose this week in a big way.

brakos82
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Basically. Right now SOV looks like this:

Ravens - .515
Patriots - .415
Texans - .400

And the fact we play Indy again doesn't help that tiebreaker at all.

JCTexan
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM

For Denver to make any noise they would need to beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the first round. I wouldn't mind it if they could do that...

ThaJokaa
12-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Some more Sapp love, Deion Sanders can eat a dick

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-no-huddle/09000d5d825103dd/How-will-10-3-AFC-teams-fare-in-postseason?module=HP11_content_stream

TexansFanatic
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Some more Sapp love
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...content_stream

That was awesome. Thanks.

EDIT: I cannot believe I just heard Warren Sapp say the Texans defense is better than his Tampa Bay defense was.

That. Is. Huge.

"Better cover people and better linebackers."

Awesome!

Say Watt
12-15-2011, 12:31 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-no-huddle/09000d5d825103dd/How-will-10-3-AFC-teams-fare-in-postseason?module=HP11_content_stream

We love you too, Warren!!!

Man, THAT was huge. I hope Yates watches that and make Deion eat some. And Sapp comparing our defense with the Super Bowl Tampa Bay D?!?!? Woah!!!!

Norg
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
real talk i dont even think we are best team in the AFC

just from a logical stand point i think ....... the ravens are the best team right now in the AFC with the two dark horses

CHargers and Texans and if ur gonna say the texans u have two say the raiders 2 since they beat us

No one is givin the chargers a chance writing them off but they have been winnin and still have a shot at a WC spot i know they fail in the playoffs but hey they got experince there

after the GB i didnt even wanna mention the Raiders but hey that was GB

TheMatrix31
12-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Meh, the Ravens can kiss my ass.

They're wildly inconsistent. They dominated the Steelers twice, and we dominated them once. They lost two INEXPLICABLE games to Jacksonville (a team we rocked once and beat a second time) and to Seattle, a team that is trash despite their "late push" to "respectability. They got rocked by Tennessee, a team we destroyed, and barely beat Arizona, another "vaunted" NFC West opponent.

I'm not saying they're not a good team, because they are, they're very good, but Flacco is tough to peg down. I'm just not seeing exactly why everyone is crowning Baltimore.

Our team is 10-3, dominated every game we've needed to dominate, beaten very good competition, and been in every single game we lost until very late. And that's with all the problems we've had wih injury or other BS. Even our game against the Ravens was highly explicable. Awful refs, no Andre, no Mario, Ravens D stacks the box, can't get run game going, our D gets tired, keeps going back on the field so we could shut Rice and their offense down for "only" three quarters.

Bring it. Any team. Bring it.

HTown2ATX
12-15-2011, 10:50 AM

This is why you keep it simple.....you root for BAL and NE to lose as much as possible and we keep winning.....better record in W & L's trupms SOV.

FR0497
12-15-2011, 06:18 PM

just from a logical stand point i think ....... the ravens are the best team right now in the AFC with the two dark horses

CHargers and Texans and if ur gonna say the texans u have two say the raiders 2 since they beat us

No one is givin the chargers a chance writing them off but they have been winnin and still have a shot at a WC spot i know they fail in the playoffs but hey they got experince there

Just because the Raiders beat us doesn't mean they have just a good a shot in the playoffs as we do. If that were the case, give the Jags a spot since they beat the Ravens.

ThaJokaa
12-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Just because the Raiders beat us doesn't mean they have just a good a shot in the playoffs as we do. If that were the case, give the Jags a spot since they beat the Ravens.
Got em! N the Rams since they beat the Saints

brakos82
12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
And the Colts since they beat.... um.... :thinking:

thunderkyss
12-15-2011, 07:07 PM

I do.

But I always do.

:texan:

Goldensilence
12-15-2011, 08:13 PM

I don't see how you could think a team wildly inconsistent at the Chargers, who aren't even leading their division, could qualify best team in the AFC.

thunderkyss
12-16-2011, 03:30 AM

Warren Sapp:
Just give me 11 on defense that says, "Not today!"

luv it

Kimmy
12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I've always loved Sapp. Especially when he came skipping out on the field and bumped that ref. Classic

Kimmy
12-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Warren Sapp just picked us again as the best 10 & 3 team in the AFC.

He loves him some Texans!