PDA

View Full Version : Can Matt Turk get a little love?

Texn4life
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I was feeling just like everyone else after we had to re-sign this guy, but he was great for us yesterday. I'm not an expert of punters at all but if he punts like he did against the Bengals then that will be huge. Our defense was bad in the first half against Cinci, but I don't expect that to continue. Field position will be crucial in the playoffs. Keep it up Turk! I guess he was the "next man up" this week. Caldwell its your turn now! Don't let us down.

The Pencil Neck
12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
There's already been a lot of love for him in several threads.

He did a helluva job.

Corrosion
12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Gotta give credit where its due - Matt Turk had a pretty damn good game today , two punts averaging 51.5 and dropping one inside the 5.

In the FA punter thread. :kitten:

Texn4life
12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Sorry, I haven't been on the board much since yesterday since I'm still celebrating.

Jaysol
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/turk-dream-come-true-to-be-back-with-texans

"I was watching the game live and I saw Brett go down and I was thinking, ‘Oh my gosh. That looks serious’ Turk told a Houston media gathering Friday. "So, I got up, went to the gym, got warmed up and stretched and started swinging my leg a little bit and thought, well, if it’s meant to be, it will be.”

Great read, and it seems like this team just brings out the best in people. Regardless of how well the Texans do in the playoffs, we are witnessing something amazing here.