PDA

View Full Version : Do you honestly believe we can win the Super Bowl?

Rey
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I've seen it mentioned a lot in jest...

But what do you think our chances really are?

I'm soooo tempted to say yes we can win it all, but I really don't know how this team will react in the play offs. I don't know how TJ will react...How will Kubiak call the games...

Big stages have a way of bringing out the best and worst, and every play-off game will be on a big stage.

I am going to say yes....We can win the whole damned thing..:turtle:

Goatcheese
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Any team that can play defense like the Texans has a punchers chance.

Thorn
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
For us to win the super bowl, Yates is going to have to improve. If he does, our chances are as good as anyone's. But if not, once you get to the playoffs if you don't have your best game on, you'll be one and done in a hurry.

For now, until I see more of Yates, I'm going to have to go with a big "maybe" because I've seen enough to have hope, but not enough to have confidence.

TexanSam
12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
My answer: I don't know. I've never experienced a good football team in Houston. Can the Texans keep up their high level of play beyond the regular season? How will TJ Yates play against a defense who have postseason experience? Will that all that even matter? I'm just enjoying the ride.

dc_txtech
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Anything can happen in the playoffs. We have a dominant defense, Oline, and running game if TJ can play like he did yesterday in a playoff atmosphere against the best teams in the league, then yes we can win the Super Bowl. But like I said anything can happen in the playoffs.

The Pencil Neck
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't know if we will or not.

With Schaub, I believe we can beat any team on any given Sunday. I don't know if TJ is there, yet.

But with our defense and running game and seeing the drives TJ put together against the Bengals in his 2nd start (even though Tate fumbled one away), I feel pretty good. We could go all the way.

Norg
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
make it sure

if we play the packers or saints tho i dont think we would be able to outscore them if it gets into a Shootout

JCTexan
12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I think they can, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride...

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

But that's just my best guess.

The truth is: anything can happen.

:koolaid:

ThaJokaa
12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
i voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

the truth is: Anything can happen.

qft;

EllisUnit
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
its been a hell of a ride, why should it end ?? We can do it and i believe we will do it, i see a first round bye, then a win, then the Championship game, and then us winning the Superbowl with a last second field goal from 52 yards.

thegr8fan
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
If you had asked me in the Pre-season, can we win the AFC South and a homefield playoff game knowing that Mario is out most of the season, AJ is out half the season, Shaub is out AND his backup Leinart, halfway through the season. We will lose players weekly to injury, and we would have the second longest win streak in the NFL at 7 straight with all these 'issues' and at the last QTR of the season we will go head to head with good playoff calibre teams at the end of the season with Yates as our 'saviour', I would have laughed.

But we HAVE won the AFC Championship with all this adversity.

So the question isn't "can we win the Superbowl?"

It should be "Why can't we win the Superbowl?"

Buffi2
12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
I haven't a clue, but any given play off game. One thing I have learned is to not count this team out. I also think we can beat any team in the league except Green Bay which takes me back to any given SB.:

macho grande
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes we can. What's the difference between this team ans the Patriots first SB. Their coach was nothing more than an unknown SB winning assistant, qb was a late round draft pick game manager. Great D. Definition of team. Sounds like us

TejasTom
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I think we need AJ to stay healthy through the playoffs to win. But I thought we need him to be healthy to get here.

JCTexan
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
its been a hell of a ride, why should it end ?? We can do it and i believe we will do it, i see a first round bye, then a win, then the Championship game, and then us winning the Superbowl with a last second field goal from 52 yards.

That's where you lost me. Couldn't you at least make it 40 yards? Having Rackers attempt a 52 yarder for the win might make me pull a Kubiak and not watch...

GNTLEWOLF
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
As happy as i am about how well the Texans have done this year, I believe some of it can be attributed to a soft schedule and some of it to the AFC SOuth being a weaker division than it has been in the past. They did flat out-play the Steelers early in the season, and have won a few games I didn't think they would win. However, the play-offs is a whole new season where the best teams are lined-up. I really don't think they make it past the first round, and as far as the Super Bowl goes, "No Way In HEll"

TexansBull
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
To me it all depends on seeding. Right now enjoy the present like there is no tomorrow, but tomorrow is going to be even better.

macho grande
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I haven't a clue, but any given play off game. One thing I have learned is to not count this team out. I also think we can beat any team in the league except Green Bay which takes me back to any given SB.:

Pats supposedly couldn't beat The Greatest Show On Turf either.

Corrosion
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
My mind said - Enjoy the ride.

My heart said BEASTMODE

..... Im goin with the heart :trophy:

QB75
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
People need to understand that we won the AFCS without a lot of competition in the division.

Yes, we are in the playoffs. No, we aren't going to the Super Bowl, because the road to Indy is going to require beating the Steelers, Ravens and/or the Patriots. Highly unlikely.

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
People need to understand that we won the AFCS without a lot of competition in the division.

Yes, we are in the playoffs. No, we aren't going to the Super Bowl, because the road to Indy is going to require beating the Steelers, Ravens and/or the Patriots. Highly unlikely.

Already beat the Steelers.

Played the Ravens tight until late on the road.

Patriots have the worst defense in the league. Texans have the best defense in the league.

If the AFC playoffs are hosted in Reliant.....

ThaJokaa
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Beat Steelers
Ravens on the road suck
Patriots D is horrendous

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM

I'm soooo tempted to say yes we can win it all, but I really don't know how this team will react in the play offs. I don't know how TJ will react...How will Kubiak call the games...

Big stages have a way of bringing out the best and worst, and every play-off game will be on a big stage.

Slim to none.. As an aside, I heard Slim packed his bags and left town.

No, seriously I hope we make a nice playoff run, but I think the odds of us running the "proverbial playoff table" is not gonna happen.

That said, I would love to be hella wrong!!

Either way... GO TEXANS!! :fans:

Corrosion
12-12-2011, 08:38 PM

And beat the Steelers as well as other playoff contenders in Atlanta and Cincy , while playing two top contenders in Baltimore and New Orleans very close on the road.

gtexan02
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I think we've got a shot. I don't think were favorites but I think we've got a shot

QB75
12-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Already beat the Steelers.

Played the Ravens tight until late on the road.

Patriots have the worst defense in the league. Texans have the best defense in the league.

If the AFC playoffs are hosted in Reliant.....

Patriots have the best QB in the league with more rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady. The enthusiasm is admirable, but I don't see us getting past any of these teams in playoff time. These represent the top tier of the NFL other than Green Bay.

Rey
12-12-2011, 08:45 PM
We wouldn't have to beat Baltimore, ne and Pittsburg even if all those guys and us made it to the second round.

I

DocBar
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
IMHO, the Ravens are our biggest test in the playoffs. Ain't no way NE or Putzburgh can beat us in the playoffs. NE's D is too suspect and Big Ben will be slaughtered by our pass rush. Baltimore will be tough as hell.
As far as the NFC goes, SF would be the biggest test. I think we match up very, very well against GB, NYG, and NO. No way does NO get 2 wins on us. Especially not after a full season in Wades defense.
If we can get past the Ravens, by hook or crook, we could very well be defending SB champions this time next season.

GlassHalfFull
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I honestly believe we should not be speculating this early.

I am too superstitious to vote in these polls.

Goatcheese
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
All of you doubters need a heavy dose of distilled optimism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1GWBB7qrBA).

QB75
12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
IMHO, the Ravens are our biggest test in the playoffs. Ain't no way NE or Putzburgh can beat us in the playoffs.

Of course they can. The playoffs is exactly when their experience will become a huge advantage.

It's great that we got a playoff slot however. That is a great step in building a title contender over the next few years.

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Patriots have the best QB in the league rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady.

Texans beat Patriots, 34-27, at Reliant Stadium, January 3, 2010 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20100103034&prov=ap)

Brady was 17/26 for 186 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, 70.4 rating

His magic Super Bowl rings must not have worked for him that day. Weird.

thunderkyss
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM

Champions are made (forged) in the play-offs.

I think Rick, Gary, & Wade (even though I would have been perfectly fine with all three getting fired last season (thankfully only Wade was)) have done a wonderful job putting together a team of high character ballers.

These guys are just going to blossom & explode.

I think we'll be the team of the next decade.

Hervoyel
12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I honestly believe that we can beat Carolina. Following that I honestly believe that we can beat Indianapolis and I don't see any reason not to believe that a 12-3 team can't beat Tennessee at our own house (assuming we have something to play for and attempt to win it.

If the Texans enter the playoffs as a 3 seed (or better yet one of the top 2 seeds) with a 13-3 record then I believe that we can win a playoff game at home. That's not all that much of a stretch is it? Our house and insanely loud? Why not?

That's what it would take to put us in the AFC Championship game if we are one of the top two seeds. If that's the case and we find ourselves in the AFC Championship game having done all it took to get there then I think we belong and I will concede nothing to whoever we play.

Win that and we're in the Super Bowl. If we get to the Super Bowl then we belong there and we have as good a chance of winning it as anyone.

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
I honestly believe that we can beat Carolina. Following that I honestly believe that we can beat Indianapolis and I don't see any reason not to believe that a 12-3 team can't beat Tennessee at our own house (assuming we have something to play for and attempt to win it.

If the Texans enter the playoffs as a 3 seed (or better yet one of the top 2 seeds) with a 13-3 record then I believe that we can win a playoff game at home. That's not all that much of a stretch is it? Our house and insanely loud? Why not?

That's what it would take to put us in the AFC Championship game if we are one of the top two seeds. If that's the case and we find ourselves in the AFC Championship game having done all it took to get there then I think we belong and I will concede nothing to whoever we play.

Win that and we're in the Super Bowl. If we get to the Super Bowl then we belong there and we have as good a chance of winning it as anyone.

http://troll.me/images/success-nixon/nailed-it-booyah.jpg

QB75
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Texans beat Patriots, 34-27, at Reliant Stadium, January 3, 2010 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20100103034&prov=ap)

Brady was 17/26 for 186 yards, no TDs, 1 pick, 70.4 rating

His magic Super Bowl rings must not have worked for him that day. Weird.

Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Actually they worked pretty well for him that season. They went to the playoffs after that meaningless game. We went home.

Haha! And the meaningless card gets played.

If it had been meaningless, Brady wouldn't have been on the field.

QB75
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM

That's good then. Looking forward to the post season and some heightened competition.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Me thinks we should re-sign HWSNBN as a back-up. After all, he "knows the system"!

:stirpot:

:runaway:

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
That's good then. Looking forward to the post season and some heightened competition.

We can agree on that.

:handshake:

thunderkyss
12-12-2011, 09:20 PM
As happy as i am about how well the Texans have done this year, I believe some of it can be attributed to a soft schedule and some of it to the AFC SOuth being a weaker division than it has been in the past. They did flat out-play the Steelers early in the season, and have won a few games I didn't think they would win. However, the play-offs is a whole new season where the best teams are lined-up. I really don't think they make it past the first round, and as far as the Super Bowl goes, "No Way In HEll"

Please look at the NFC North

Bears 11-5
Packers 10-6
Lions 6-10
Vikings 6-10

Green Bay's schedule

(10-6) Philly W
(4-12) Buffalo W
(10-6) Chicago L
(6-10) Detroit W
(6-10) Washington L
(7-9) Miami L
(6-10) Minnesota W
(11-5) Jets W
(6-10) Dallas W
(6-10) Minnesota W
(13-3) Atlanta L
(6-10) 49ers W
(6-10) Detroit L
(14-2) New England L
(10-6) Giants W
(10-6) Chicago W

4 wins against teams with winning records. Not much different than what we've done.

As long as you're not getting lost in the hype & you're continuing to get better every week, by the time you get to the play-offs doing what you do as well as you can (practicing all year against bad teams).. then all that stuff works out.

Teams like New England & Green Bay who are building off what they've done last year (a place the Texans have never been) then they're on a whole 'nother level. Hopefully we'll get there next year, but with our injuries this year, I'd doubt it.

Corrosion
12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Hopefully we'll get there next year, but with our injuries this year, I'd doubt it.

Like I said in the thread you started yesterday - I just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , I gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and I think they believe they can bring home the hardware.

DocBar
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
like i said in the thread you started yesterday - i just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , i gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and i think they believe they can bring home the hardware.msr

Jaysol
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Like I said in the thread you started yesterday - I just cant bet against them , they are on a roll. Until they lose a game , I gotta believe that they can win it all.

Hell , it doesnt matter what we think .... It matters what they think and I think they believe they can bring home the hardware.

Well put, repped.

At this point, the players keep finding ways to win regardless of the adversity they face. I can't see how anyone who witnessed last season when it seemed like the Texans could not do right. Bad beat after bad beat in the last few seconds of so many games. Had half of those gone the other way, we would have been in the playoffs last season.

The dominoes are falling in our favor folks. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Textan
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
After watching three unlikely wins, especially yesterdays comeback from a 16 to 3 deficit at halftime, anything's possible.

The Pencil Neck
12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Patriots have the best QB in the league with more rings than Yates has starts. If it comes down to that, I think I'll go with Belichick and Brady. The enthusiasm is admirable, but I don't see us getting past any of these teams in playoff time. These represent the top tier of the NFL other than Green Bay.

How many playoff games have they won since their undefeated season?

The Pencil Neck
12-12-2011, 09:54 PM

And then he was crushed 33-14 by the Ravens in the playoffs against Joe Flacco in his 2nd season.

Double Barrel
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
For us to win the super bowl, Yates is going to have to improve. If he does, our chances are as good as anyone's. But if not, once you get to the playoffs if you don't have your best game on, you'll be one and done in a hurry.

For now, until I see more of Yates, I'm going to have to go with a big "maybe" because I've seen enough to have hope, but not enough to have confidence.

Check this out:

Why it's OK for QBs to be Dilfer (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/01/15/dilfer/index.html)

With a cap-tip to Brad Johnson, perhaps the most vilified champion quarterback in history is Trent Dilfer of the 2000 Ravens.

Dilfer was little more than a hand-off machine while quarterbacking Baltimore in the playoffs. He wasn't even the team's No. 1 quarterback: Tony Banks took most of the team's snaps that year, before ceding the gig to Dilfer in October.

Johnson, meanwhile, was the journeyman who quarterbacked the Super Bowl champion 2002 Buccaneers in the playoffs.

Neither is headed to the Hall of Fame. And we realize each was buoyed by two of the best defenses of our time: the 2000 Ravens surrendered the fewest points of any team in the 16-game era (165), and the 2002 Bucs were paced by the best pass defense of the past 21 years (48.4 Defensive Passer Rating). It's a remarkable figure in the pass-happy 21st century.

So we get that part. These guys probably wouldn't have won without shutdown defenses.

Look at Dilfer's post-season stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/trentdilfer/2500392/gamelogs?season=2000). They are not that impressive. He "minimized" (sort of...) his mistakes, let his playmakers make plays, and let the defense dominate.

9/14 for 130 yards - 1 td - 1 fumble against Denver

5/16 for 117 yards against Tennessee

9/18 for 190 yards - 1 td - 1 int - 1 fumble against Oakland

12/25 for 153 yards - 1 td - 1 fumble against New York in the SB

I think TJ can be at least what Trent did for the Ravens. But honestly, I think he can be much, much greater than Dilfer.

My mind said - Enjoy the ride.

My heart said BEASTMODE

..... Im goin with the heart :trophy:

This team is all heart. I'm going with my heart, as well. I'm going to believe in this team until they prove otherwise. :texflag:

Speedy
12-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I believe they can go 1-0 in any given week.

They've got a defense that can keep them in games when things aren't going well in other phases. And if you're close and have a chance in the 4th quarter, anything can happen.

Now you probably won't win a playoff game if you turn the ball over 4 times, but cut down on some of those mistakes, keep playing smart football and keep playing the kind of defense you're playing, and I don't see why you don't have a shot to win any game against any team.

gary
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Texans vs Packers I'm a believer

macho grande
12-12-2011, 10:57 PM

I'm with ya buddy.

gary
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm with ya buddy.I just have a hunch.

TheMatrix31
12-13-2011, 02:55 AM

Get the hell out of here wih that meaningless game bullshit. That game was Week 17. If the Bengals didn't lay down for the Jets in the very last game of the regular season, the Sunday Night game, then WE would have been in the playoffs. And that wouldn't have been possible if we didn't take care of that Week 17 game against New England.

So yeah, get the hell outta here with that nonsense.

TexansLucky13
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM

:goodpost:

PHAROAH
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I voted Beastmode ******* it!!!! let's ride or die baby we have as good of chance as any other team.

SheTexan
12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Haven't stopped believing for 10 yrs, why should I start now?

As for the poll! I'm just enjoying the ride! Whatever happens, happens, and NOTHING can take away this moment, RIGHT NOW, Dec 13 2011, of living part of the dream. IF we lose in the playoff round, I don't f-n care!! I KNOW our boys will play their hearts out, and that's enough for me. Football is a GAME, and on any given Sunday anything can happen. With the spirit and desire our boys have, I gotta keep on believing that good things will happen to our team, and our boys will fullfill THEIR dream, which just happens to be the same as mine!!!!

HTown2ATX
12-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I am a glass half empty personality usually, especially with Houston sports as I know that some Epic Fail is almost always right around the corner, but damnit...I'm diving into a pool of Kool-Aid right now....F it!

Time for me to be irrational and just soak this shit up. We win it all....Beastmode to the MAX!!

:htown2atx: :jam: :fans:

welsh texan
12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
After the adversity this team has come through this season, hell, we shouldn't even have 10 wins to our name right now. They've overcome that so why couldn't they go all the way. That said, just enjoy the ride, when fit and healthy next season, there is even more to come, this team could win for years to come.

brad77
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
just going to enjoy the ride. It is to early to say just yet. I see improvments from yates each game, but I am not sold yet.

DX-TEX
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Haven't stopped believing for 10 yrs, why should I start now?

As for the poll! I'm just enjoying the ride! Whatever happens, happens, and NOTHING can take away this moment, RIGHT NOW, Dec 13 2011, of living part of the dream. IF we lose in the playoff round, I don't f-n care!! I KNOW our boys will play their hearts out, and that's enough for me. Football is a GAME, and on any given Sunday anything can happen. With the spirit and desire our boys have, I gotta keep on believing that good things will happen to our team, and our boys will fullfill THEIR dream, which just happens to be the same as mine!!!!

I have now words for my emotions right now so i will leave a pic that expresses them...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/cushingbeast.jpg

Blake
12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I dont think they will win the SB, but their defense should give them a punchers chance of winning a game or 2.

Dread-Head
12-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Guys the firls rule of the playoffs is..."don't talk about the playoffs!:headhurts:" Has the Great Jim Mora taught us NOTHING?!

Rey
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Guys the firls rule of the playoffs is..."don't talk about the playoffs!:headhurts:" Has the Great Jim Mora taught us NOTHING?!

I'm not superstitious...

:goodluck:

Double Barrel
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not superstitious...

:goodluck:

lol! I think players should not talk about it, but I do not think fans have any impact on the outcome of games with the exception of homefield advantage that it the crowd can provide to the defense.

We are fans. We talk. We speculate. We debate. That's all we got. Reactions.

Rey
12-13-2011, 11:34 AM
lol! I think players should not talk about it, but I do not think fans have any impact on the outcome of games with the exception of homefield advantage that it the crowd can provide to the defense.

We are fans. We talk. We speculate. We debate. That's all we got. Reactions.

Yep...

Players should focus on one game at a time and put all of their energy into the next play.

But like you said...We are fans and outside of the noise factor we don't have a lot of influence...

Double Barrel
12-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Yep...

Players should focus on one game at a time and put all of their energy into the next play.

But like you said...We are fans and outside of the noise factor we don't have a lot of influence...

One of the awesome things about winning the division right now is having three regular season games to just enjoy it. No matter how the rest of the season plays out, we are secure in the fact that we are going to the playoffs!

Obviously, we all want to see 13-3 and homefield throughout, so not diminishing the remaining schedule. But damn if this feeling isn't a blast. Enjoy it to it's fullest. And that's the fun of chatting with other long-suffering Texans fans. We've got years of pent-up feelings and we all can relate to each other.

Mr. Texan
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
mark sanchez got to the afc championship off a good run game and top tier defense, why not tj yates? :kitten:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-11-texans-vs-bengals/texans7.jpg

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Me thinks we should re-sign HWSNBN as a back-up. After all, he "knows the system"!

:stirpot:

:runaway:

Neg rep me back if you can stomach it. That was just a mean post.

I suppose we negative rep. jokes now, eh?? And no I wont neg rep you back, because negative repping someone is kinda chicken shit, no?

Texecutioner
12-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I voted that we'd likely win one and then get bounced in the next one.

The truth is: anything can happen.

Same here. That's what logic tells me considering the fact that we're so injured across the board and we've got a rookie going into the playoffs against teams like the Ravens, Steel Town, and the Pats. Just not something I'd ever be willing to bet my money on, and that's where you really know how you really feel. Would you bet money on this team in the playoffs?? I wouldn't. That doesn't mean that I don't feel that we have a strong chance in any game. I am becoming more and more of a believer in our ability to over achieve, and I think winning one game would even be doing that. I don't think we go all the way this year though. That's a little to much to ask, but I'll enjoy the ride either way.

Texecutioner
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
mark sanchez got to the afc championship off a good run game and top tier defense, why not tj yates? :kitten:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-11-texans-vs-bengals/texans7.jpg

That is definitely true. And Sanchez almost won that game as well. I had forgotten about that. Gives me a little more hope.

TexanBacker93
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes. I think we beat the Steelers here to win the AFC Championship and then beat Green Bay to win it all.

Only 1 team in the league is in the top 10 in:
Scoring Offense (5) 25.4
Offensive yards (9) 378.9
Offensive Rushing yards (2) 151.9
Scoring Defense (4) 16.0
Defensive Yards (1) 274.9
Defensive Passing yards (3) 183.5
Defensive rushing yards (4) 91.5
Takeaway/giveaway (4) 10
Sacks given up (8t) 24
Sacks (6t) 36
Time of possession (1) 33:22

That would be us. I know all top teams have multiple categories that they are strong in, but those are all of the important ones.

I'm not saying we can't lose the Super Bowl, but I see no reason that we can't win it.

arb729
12-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Let me add a little insight to a team that (probably) no one here hears about as much as I do.
Background: I live about 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium aka the home of the Patriots. I read/listen to a lot of local sports talk, mainly because I love the other three hometown teams but, as you would expect, I hear about the Patriots a hell of a lot.

Couple points on them:

A. The media here has very little confidence in this Patriots defense (with good reason). This in itself doesn't mean much, but a lot of it is justified. They look good against who they should look good against, absolutely terrible against anyone else. Example: I was at the MNF game vs the Chiefs and I can't count how many times I asked how exactly Tyler Palko had a job as a quarterback. Yet, as you may have seen in recent weeks, they've been shredded vs Orlovsky and Grossman, legitimately. They weren't playing backups for the most part, because, well, their secondary depth is very limited. Their front 7 can put pressure on the quarterback, but they're not immune from being beat with the run, especially one of the Texan's caliber.

B. The whole "Can't bet against Bill and Tom in the playoffs" mantra is dead. They left a large part of their playoff confidence in big games in Phoenix 3 years ago.

C. Outside of snow and obvious "home cooking", Gillette provides very little home field advantage for the Patriots. The fans are soft and the stadium isn't set up to be loud. Not to mention the Pats have lost both playoff games there since 08 season.

D. On paper, their offense isn't difficult to slow down. Very rarely have I noticed both Hernandez and Gronkowski running routes on the same play, leaving either one of them and Welker to be the only concerns for coverage. (Not sure if any advanced stats support this, just my observation) Going further, once Brady has a little pressure on him, he loses his progressions past the two of them and often throws it away/at the feet of the running back. He has very little confidence in any of the other receivers on the roster. Speaking the running backs, their running game is brutal, nothing special whatsoever.

I know this is just one team we may have to go through, but as it looks now, it may be the game to get us to the SB.

Sorry for the long winded post, just felt as though it was all relevant and could be of interest.

StarStruck
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Can we win the Super Bowl?
No way in Hell
We have a good shot of getting there, but won't win it...
We will get bounced in the first game we play...
We will likely win one and lose the next..
I have no f'n idea...Just enjoying the ride...
We will win the whole thing. Playoffs will start and... Beastmode:

None of the above.

I think the Texans have as good of chance of winning the Super Bowl as any entering the playoffs. Once you get to that level, a lot of things that can't be predicted happen. Sometimes the best record or the most skill isn't enough to take it all. Sometimes breaks come your way and you're able to capitalize, aka luck.

I think this year's team is special. At some point and for some weeks the team has been without Foster, Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Lienart, the punter, and whoever else I missed and what does the team do? Continues to win! I think it's exciting to see a team rise from mediocrity to center stage.

Rey
12-13-2011, 05:41 PM
None of the above.

I think the Texans have as good of chance of winning the Super Bowl as any entering the playoffs. Once you get to that level, a lot of things that can't be predicted happen. Sometimes the best record or the most skill isn't enough to take it all. Sometimes breaks come your way and you're able to capitalize, aka luck.

I think this year's team is special. At some point and for some weeks the team has been without Foster, Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Lienart, the punter, and whoever else I missed and what does the team do? Continues to win! I think it's exciting to see a team rise from mediocrity to center stage.

So you don't know, you're just enjoying the ride?

QB75
12-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Get the hell out of here wih that meaningless game bullshit. That game was Week 17. If the Bengals didn't lay down for the Jets in the very last game of the regular season, the Sunday Night game, then WE would have been in the playoffs. And that wouldn't have been possible if we didn't take care of that Week 17 game against New England.

So yeah, get the hell outta here with that nonsense.

It was meaningless to the Patriots, Einstein. That's why we won.

TheMatrix31
12-13-2011, 08:46 PM
It was meaningless to the Patriots, Einstein. That's why we won.

lol

thunderkyss
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes. I think we beat the Steelers here to win the AFC Championship and then beat Green Bay to win it all.

I don't think Greenbay will get back to the Super Bowl. It's going to be the Giants.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think Greenbay will get back to the Super Bowl. It's going to be the Giants.

Just curious TK, (and while I know Hookem would love it), how do you come up with the Giants?

gary
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I think the Texans should go all out for all home games in the playoffs I would love that.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Thank YOU!! They yanked Brady but brought him back when home-field was an issue.

Meaningless my ass!!! Typical revisionist history! :mariopalm:

thunderkyss
12-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Just curious TK, (and while I know Hookem would love it), how do you come up with the Giants?

I think they're the most complete team in the NFC when you also factor in stability. They're dealing with some issues, not as well as we are, but they're dealing.

I think they're about to hit their stride & will be very difficult to beat in the upcoming weeks.

Corrosion
12-13-2011, 09:16 PM
I think they're the most complete team in the NFC when you also factor in stability. They're dealing with some issues, not as well as we are, but they're dealing.

I think they're about to hit their stride & will be very difficult to beat in the upcoming weeks.

They definately have the defense to make a run .... and Eli is no slouch at QB.

TexansFanatic
12-13-2011, 09:21 PM

Wow! There's a ballsy prediction.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they took the long road to the big game.

They've been playing pretty well lately. We'll see.

Kaiser Toro
12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
This team has made me a believer.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM

Fair enough TK but I just see the Pack "head and shoulders" above anything in the NFC... It will be interesting to see how things shake out, no?

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
This team has made me a believer.

Dude...... I'm thinking of Redd Foxx!!

"This is the big one Elizabeth.. I'm coming to join you honey!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

JCTexan
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
They definately have the defense to make a run .... and Eli is no slouch at QB.

Is that sarcasm? Their defense has looked awful. How many times did the Cowboys get behind that secondary?

GuerillaBlack
12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Thank YOU!! They yanked Brady but brought him back when home-field was an issue.

Kinda. If you watched the Bill Belichick Football Life, they talked about not playing the starters much against us. Guess they changed their minds when the Texans didn't lay down.

thunderkyss
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Fair enough TK but I just see the Pack "head and shoulders" above anything in the NFC... It will be interesting to see how things shake out, no?

I think this play-off season will probably be the best we've had in a long while. Of all the possible games & combinations, there isn't one game I can't wait to see.

DocBar
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow! There's a ballsy prediction.

I guess it wouldn't be the first time they took the long road to the big game.

They've been playing pretty well lately. We'll see.Who would've predicted a GB SB win followed by 13-0? Only die hards. 1-0 every week is what does that. I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.

TexansFanatic
12-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.

Ravens are the best team in the AFC, no question.

If Houston has to play them again, here's to hoping the game's at Reliant.

clutch
12-13-2011, 10:21 PM
If everyone on the team was healthy then we have a good chance.. just not seeing us go far in the playoffs.. but we have a good shot at winning the first game of coarse..

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Who would've predicted a GB SB win followed by 13-0? Only die hards. 1-0 every week is what does that. I think the Texans match up well with every team but Baltimore.

Well it might depend on who you neg. rep again.....

gary
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
The Steelers always find a way to win in the playoffs I would not count them out.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Kinda. If you watched the Bill Belichick Football Life, they talked about not playing the starters much against us. Guess they changed their minds when the Texans didn't lay down.

Kinda.... No, EXACTLY!!! The Texans weren't laying down for anyone and the Patriots threw Brady back out there.

I think this play-off season will probably be the best we've had "in a long while". Of all the possible games & combinations, there isn't one game I can't wait to see.

I'm with you TK!!! GO TEXANS!! It's been 18 years (I was 26) since I've seen a playoff game as it matters to us!! FML!!! :fans:

Rey
12-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't think we match up poorly against Baltimore, I just think they have a lot of talent. They have big possession receivers and Torrey smith a burner.

Their defense is great all the way around. But I think that we could control their offense and give ourselves a chance.

Jets are talented too and I can see them getting in and upsetting some folks.

Rey
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
If everyone on the team was healthy then we have a good chance.. just not seeing us go far in the playoffs.. but we have a good shot at winning the first game of coarse..

Good to see you posting here clutch.

drs23
12-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Let me add a little insight to a team that (probably) no one here hears about as much as I do.
Background: I live about 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium aka the home of the Patriots. I read/listen to a lot of local sports talk, mainly because I love the other three hometown teams but, as you would expect, I hear about the Patriots a hell of a lot.

Couple points on them:

A. The media here has very little confidence in this Patriots defense (with good reason). This in itself doesn't mean much, but a lot of it is justified. They look good against who they should look good against, absolutely terrible against anyone else. Example: I was at the MNF game vs the Chiefs and I can't count how many times I asked how exactly Tyler Palko had a job as a quarterback. Yet, as you may have seen in recent weeks, they've been shredded vs Orlovsky and Grossman, legitimately. They weren't playing backups for the most part, because, well, their secondary depth is very limited. Their front 7 can put pressure on the quarterback, but they're not immune from being beat with the run, especially one of the Texan's caliber.

B. The whole "Can't bet against Bill and Tom in the playoffs" mantra is dead. They left a large part of their playoff confidence in big games in Phoenix 3 years ago.

C. Outside of snow and obvious "home cooking", Gillette provides very little home field advantage for the Patriots. The fans are soft and the stadium isn't set up to be loud. Not to mention the Pats have lost both playoff games there since 08 season.

D. On paper, their offense isn't difficult to slow down. Very rarely have I noticed both Hernandez and Gronkowski running routes on the same play, leaving either one of them and Welker to be the only concerns for coverage. (Not sure if any advanced stats support this, just my observation) Going further, once Brady has a little pressure on him, he loses his progressions past the two of them and often throws it away/at the feet of the running back. He has very little confidence in any of the other receivers on the roster. Speaking the running backs, their running game is brutal, nothing special whatsoever.

I know this is just one team we may have to go through, but as it looks now, it may be the game to get us to the SB.

Sorry for the long winded post, just felt as though it was all relevant and could be of interest.

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see them in the AFCC. :evil:

Double Barrel
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM

According to that episode of A Football Life about Belichick (which was awesome, btw), they intended to start Brady in the second half for offensive rhythm out of the half. They started the backup at the end of the first half to give him a chance to run a two minute offense. That was part of the gameplan.

There was no reason to play to win for the Patriots, as playoff seeding was already in place prior to the start of the game. Winning or losing had absolutely no bearing on position in the playoffs (#3 vs. #4 spots, which is meaningless). If it was important, the Patriots would have played starters the entire game.

It's not even speculation at this point after I saw that documentary about Belichick. It was recorded during that entire season, and we just happen to be the last game they played in the regular season.

Here is a report prior to the game:

Overview: The Patriots finally locked up the AFC East last week and may rest their starters versus Houston. The Texans on the other hand are fighting for their playoff lives. They need to win and get a lot of help

New England: Will Bill Belichick rest his starters?

The Patriots do not have much to play for this Sunday in Houston. The AFC East Crown is back where it belongs and the only thing not determines is the #3 and #4 seeds. With a victory, the Patriots will clinch the #3 seed over Cincinnati.

How important is the #3 seed?

Not a whole lot.

I say rest Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, and the rest of the nicked up starters. No need to put them in harmís way for one rung up the playoff ladder.

Source (http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/2009/12/30/week-17-nfl-preview-patriots-at-texans/)

TexanBacker93
12-14-2011, 02:47 PM

True. I'd rather play Green Bay because the Giants have a strong D.

TexansFanatic
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
There was no reason to play to win for the Patriots, as playoff seeding was already in place prior to the start of the game.

Yep.

After my exchange with QB75, I double-checked the stats and noticed that Hoyer had played quite a bit.

Then I found a page on ESPN where 7 out the 10 analysts had predicted the Texans would win, including Tedy Bruschi, who came right out and said the Pats were going to lay down because they had no reason to risk their starters.

You were right, QB75.

infantrycak
12-14-2011, 04:34 PM
There was no reason to play to win for the Patriots, as playoff seeding was already in place prior to the start of the game. Winning or losing had absolutely no bearing on position in the playoffs (#3 vs. #4 spots, which is meaningless). If it was important, the Patriots would have played starters the entire game.

They were playing for home field advantage . This chart shows the situation with a current example - Link (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace). You can see Green Bay has clinched their division and a first round bye but they have not clinched home field throughout.

infantrycak
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I double-checked the stats and noticed that Hoyer had played quite a bit.

Huh? Hoyer had 12 attempts, Brady 26. The Patriots were averaging 33 attempts per game. So on this day they attempted 38 or more than average. If they weren't attempting to win and were trying to get Hoyer two-minute experience then why this?

1st half 4:41: Hoyer comes in to practice 2 minute drill.

2nd half 4:43: Nope Hoyer does not come in to practice 2 minute drill, Brady trots onto the field.

The answer for Hoyer coming back out for the last possession is because Mario absolutely rocked Brady causing the Pollard INT.

Double Barrel
12-14-2011, 04:53 PM
They were playing for home field advantage . This chart shows the situation with a current example - Link (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace). You can see Green Bay has clinched their division and a first round bye but they have not clinched home field throughout.

Every news article about the game indicates that the outcome only effected the no. 3 and no. 4 seeds in the playoffs for the Patriots.

Indianapolis Colts were 14-2.

San Diego Chargers were 13-3.

The Patriots were 10-5 going into the Texans game. It was numerically impossible for them to clinch homefield throughout the playoffs. They had already clinched their division, so it the outcome was basically irrelevant.

2009 NFL playoff picture (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-09playoffpicture)

I'm not sure what your 2011 playoff chart has to do with the 2009 Patriots. :um:

thunderkyss
12-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Every news article about the game indicates that the outcome only effected the no. 3 and no. 4 seeds in the playoffs for the Patriots.

Indianapolis Colts were 14-2.

San Diego Chargers were 13-3.

The Patriots were 10-5 going into the Texans game. It was numerically impossible for them to clinch homefield throughout the playoffs. They had already clinched their division, so it the outcome was basically irrelevant.

2009 NFL playoff picture (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-09playoffpicture)

I'm not sure what your 2011 playoff chart has to do with the 2009 Patriots. :um:

From your link:
Edged Cincinnati for No. 3 seed based on better strength of victory

Cincinnati played late that day (they played the Jets). Had they won, the Bengals would have been the 3 seed, not the 4.

If Cincinnati won & New England lost (which they did) New England would have played the Jets, not the Ravens. Maybe Bellichick didn't want to play the Jets.

But if Tom Brady is in that game after Welker got hurt, there is a reason for that.

Daravenator
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes. Maybe.

The playoffs are win or go home. That can bring out the best, or the worst, in a team. I think the Texans are a quality team with a great D, but I'd rate their chances a lot higher if Schaub was behind center.

It is highly likely that any AFC team is going to face a SB-winning QB in this year's SB. My $$$ is on Green Bay or New Orleans making it to the Big Dance in Indy. It is asking a lot of a QB with only a few starts under his belt this year to carry a team all the way to a Lombardi trophy.

Not to say it cannot be done, but I would not sell the wife's jewelry and head to Vegas to lay down a bet on it.

Double Barrel
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
From your link:

Cincinnati played late that day (they played the Jets). Had they won, the Bengals would have been the 3 seed, not the 4.

If Cincinnati won & New England lost (which they did) New England would have played the Jets, not the Ravens. Maybe Bellichick didn't want to play the Jets.

But if Tom Brady is in that game after Welker got hurt, there is a reason for that.

That's what I said earlier in relation to the Patriots. They were playing for 3rd or 4th seed, but ultimately there is not much difference between these spots. You host a wildcard game and then go on the road if you win.

As far as what teams they wanted to play, who knows. We can speculate about it, but nothing in the media or from the Patriots reveals any of their intentions in that regard.

My point is that there is absolutely nothing credible that indicates that the Patriots saw the game as "must win" like the Texans did. We needed to win to keep a slim playoff chance alive. The Patriots went into it wondering when they would rest their starters.

Look how laid back Belichick is about the game before they played it:

A Football Life - Bill Belichick Part 2 (5 of 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afXfBsYb3hc)

TexansFanatic
12-14-2011, 05:51 PM
From your link:

That was certainly my initial thought. And I distinctly remember watching the looks on the Patriots players faces late in the game when the Texans were really kicking their asses. They certainly didn't look like the faces of players who were playing a meaningless game.

TexansFanatic
12-14-2011, 06:11 PM

A Football Life - Bill Belichick Part 2 (5 of 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afXfBsYb3hc)

Thanks for that link.

It was sickening watching Welker go down the exact same way Hartmann did---without being touched.

Can't believe Uncle Bob allows his team to go out on a field like that.

texanhead08
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
I am just enjoying the ride, but for us to have a chance to go to the Super Bowl T.J. is going to have eliminate the turnovers. If he can do that there is not reason why we can't make a run, but matchups are going to be a key.

thunderkyss
12-14-2011, 08:03 PM
It is asking a lot of a QB with only a few starts under his belt this year to carry a team all the way to a Lombardi trophy.

To be clear, we are not asking Tj to carry us to the Super Bowl. We're asking him to Dilfer us in.

thunderkyss
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
That's what I said earlier in relation to the Patriots. They were playing for 3rd or 4th seed, but ultimately there is not much difference between these spots. You host a wildcard game and then go on the road if you win.

As far as what teams they wanted to play, who knows. We can speculate about it, but nothing in the media or from the Patriots reveals any of their intentions in that regard.

My point is that there is absolutely nothing credible that indicates that the Patriots saw the game as "must win" like the Texans did. We needed to win to keep a slim playoff chance alive. The Patriots went into it wondering when they would rest their starters.

We might not have got their best game, but they didn't come to Houston to lose. If they had their rathers I'm sure they wanted the W. They didn't manhandle us like they thought they would (my opinion) so they left Brady & their other starters in the game longer than they planned to.

They didn't lay down the way the Colts or Bengals did for the Jets. We should have been in the play-offs that year & I wouldn't be making a big deal about it if one of those teams had laid down for the Jets, but 2?? Nah, that deserves some bitching.

Texecutioner
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM

I don't know why you even bother arguing this with these guys at this point. They're going to say whatever it is that makes the Texans sound better.

The facts are that the game didn't change anything for the Pats. Another thing you're forgetting to add is that the Pats took most of their starters out in the 3rd quarter. Icak knows that, and he's also aware that Tom Brady was taken out on their last drive to try and win that game. Welker didn't even get to play in that game since he got hurt as well, so throughout the game the Pats didn't have all of their starters in there. That's "not" what a team does that still has a lot to play for in their season.

This is the first real winning season in Texans history.

Daravenator
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
To be clear, we are not asking Tj to carry us to the Super Bowl. We're asking him to Dilfer us in.

I understand that, but remember: Dilfer had been a starter for years with the Bucs and was the Ravens starting QB after Week 4. T.J.'s first NFL experience as a QB was way back on.......November 27th.

Trying to win a franchise's first-ever playoff game and take them to the SB is quite a load to lay on a rookie QB's shoulders. Trust me- I wish him well. It's just that good playoff-caliber defenses tend to feast on things like that.

nut
12-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Who knows? Yates has done a heckuva lot better than I thought he would up to this point. I would like to continue to eat crow. It makes a pretty good meal sometimes.

Texan_Bill
12-14-2011, 08:48 PM

Definitely something Ravens fan should understand!

Rey
01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
msbbc833, VTexan.....

You guys are out....Everyone else you are still alive...:)

JCTexan
01-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I think they can, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride...

I sure as hell enjoyed the ride today. Go Texans! :kingkong:

kcdoubleeagle
01-08-2012, 04:20 AM
It basically comes down to this...defense doesn't win championships...elite qb
s do in today's nfl...if yates turns out to be an elite qb then we can win a championship...unfortunately, that is reality.

Bulls on Parade
01-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Anything is possible right now. I'm feeling good about the Texans chances to upset the Ravens on the road. I would like to see the Steelers beat the Broncos and Patriots, which is also a realistic possibility. The Texans hosting the Steelers at Reliant Stadium in the AFC Championship would be an incredible atmosphere. I believe in the craziest things happening at this time of the year.

Hopefully Owen Daniels doesn't have a broken hand though. We definitely need him for the big playoff games coming up. He made some tough catches against the Bengals yesterday that I don't think Dreessen or Casey would have caught. All that being said, I'm kind of feeling the Tebow mania against the Steelers at home. But I know Denver would have little to no chance to beat the Patriots on the road. The Steelers can beat the Patriots on the road.

I want to buy tickets to the AFC Championship game at Reliant Stadium so I need the Steelers and Texans to keep advancing.

welsh texan
01-08-2012, 06:33 AM
We're in the 5000 passing yards era of football now and it is noticeable that the top seeds in both conferences have considerably weaker D's than you'd have expected to see up there in the past.

It seems that, for the regular season at least, success has been built on having an O which takes advantage of the increasingly pass happy rules affecting Defence.

It will be interesting if/when we do meet these better O's, because much like when Dalton was seemingly beginning to pick our D apart at will towards the end of the second half yesterday, I'm still confident in our D to find a way to make that big negative play and turn the tide.

That said, for me, this season is now in the books as a success. So everything else they do is all gravy.

TheMatrix31
01-08-2012, 07:08 AM
No way. We're here now, and I'm ****ing starving. I hope the players aren't content and I hope they don't think that everything else from here on out is "gravy".

Go for the gusto.

GuerillaBlack
01-08-2012, 07:25 AM
We're in the 5000 passing yards era of football now and it is noticeable that the top seeds in both conferences have considerably weaker D's than you'd have expected to see up there in the past.

It seems that, for the regular season at least, success has been built on having an O which takes advantage of the increasingly pass happy rules affecting Defence.

It will be interesting if/when we do meet these better O's, because much like when Dalton was seemingly beginning to pick our D apart at will towards the end of the second half yesterday, I'm still confident in our D to find a way to make that big negative play and turn the tide.

That said, for me, this season is now in the books as a success. So everything else they do is all gravy.

The only reason why Dalton starting picking apart our defense is because they let off the gas.

darnbni99a
01-08-2012, 07:29 AM
just enjoying the ride mayne.

Entire offense will have to step up big time tho

DocBar
01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Despite the week 6 loss to Baltimore, we match up pretty well with them and we're pretty even stats-wise on CHFF. Add to that the fact that we're #1 in CHFF's power rankings(that's where GB was ranked last year going into the playoffs), and 3rd in the league, behind GB and NO, in passer differential ratio, I'd say we have a very decent chance to win the Super Bowl. Of course, Baltimore WOULD have to be #2 in the power rankings...
How crazy would Relaint be if it ends up Texans vs. Steelers in Houston?? That would be awesome to see.
CHFF PDR (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Stats/2011/Final/PRD.html)
CHFF Power Rankings (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Stats/2011/Final/Overall.html)

Sigma
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I think would be easier to win the SB against some NFC contender than win against the ravens in their home...

I guess we will see...

No matter how little is the possibility, untill we lose I'll be hoping to achieve the best...

Because that's what you should do, never settle for less then the highest goal achievable :D

BullNation4Life
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
As crazy as this season has been, why the hell not go ahead and see how far this rabbit hole goes....

ThaJokaa
01-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Just sipping the Kool-Aid...

But, why the hell not right? Enjoy the ride

80tothezone
01-08-2012, 12:35 PM
should we win the Superbowl given all of our injuries...... hell no!

That said how can you bet against this team this yr in big games? Time and time again when it mattered they have come through. We SHOULD loose next week as Baltimore is 8-0 in their house and not nearly as banged up as we are but I just can't pick against us when it's time to man up.

The Pencil Neck
01-08-2012, 12:44 PM
It basically comes down to this...defense doesn't win championships...elite qb
s do in today's nfl...if yates turns out to be an elite qb then we can win a championship...unfortunately, that is reality.

This is just BS. Elite QBs don't win SBs, good teams do. Dilfer won a SB. Brad Johnson won a SB. Delhomme GOT to a SB. Rich Gannon got to a SB. Dan Marino got to a SB and never won one.

Roethlisberger is a good QB. Eli Manning is a good QB. Those guys aren't elite. They won SBs because of the teams they were on.

Of all the QBs who played yesterday, TJ was the second highest rated. In other words, he was efficient. And that was even with AJ dropping some passes he normally would have caught. Although he didn't rack up a lot of yards, he got 8 yards per attempt. That means he was stretching the field and not just throwing a bunch of dinks and dunks.

If Yates keeps making the throws he's been making, we have a shot.

burro
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
If we can make it past Baltimore, I don't see us losing to Pitt or NE (not to say that we couldn't, but I just don't see it). In other words, hell yeah I think we can.

False Start
01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I think we can. When we played Baltimore in the season, the D hadn't gelled quite yet. I think they can get after Flacco's sorry ass! BUT.....I have a feeling that Ravens D will get some big hits on TJ.

thunderkyss
01-08-2012, 01:03 PM
All I know, is that we're one step closer.

Lucky
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
The pertinent question is, "Do the Texans believe they can win the Super Bowl?". I think they are just cocky and naive enough to believe they can. I know they have enough big time players to make any team they face worry.

Speedy
01-08-2012, 02:58 PM
T.J. Yates is 3-0 against playoff teams this season.