PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome forced to admit that T.J. will on his show tomorrow

Marcus
12-12-2011, 12:59 PM
He announces this after getting hate email from Texan fans for not even mentioning in his opener anything about the Texans winning the division.

He says, "Well, I've got about 30 things to talk about!"

So, of course, he starts talking about Tim Tebow. Then, (it got so bad I took notes), it was Aaron Rodgers, then it was about the Lakers, then it was about the Brawl, then it was about Albert Pujols, then it was the Cowboys, then it was about Robert Griffen III, then .....

(are you ready for this) .... next he talks about the UFC:brickwall:, then he talks about Tebow again, then goes back to the Lakers trade falling thru, then more about Tebow, and then goes to a commercial break.

I guess during the break, he checked his email. Needless to say, people from H-town were NOT happy with him.

Goatcheese
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Rome is only interesting when he's putting someone on blast. When he isn't burning people he's pretty boring and uninspired.

_Dre
12-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Rome and his..................dramatic.............

paus................es

IlliniJen
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Rome was last relevant in 2005. He's about as old and tired as Kevin Nash, and just as boring on the mic.

Fred
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Looks like the jungle needs some Yates karma.

Bull Butter
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
We're not controversial enough for Rome or ESPN. I'll take a 10-3 record and no publicity over 7-6 and being media whores like another team

mridge01
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Noooooo!!!!!!! Outside of the SI cover, nothing will jinx your team quicker than a visit on the Rome show.

Texecutioner
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Rome is only interesting when he's putting someone on blast. When he isn't burning people he's pretty boring and uninspired.

He's horrible. Has been for years. Does anyone actually still listen to Rome?? I've wondered for years who his clones are, because I have a hard time understanding how he has kept a following for this long. His act got old and stale a long time ago with his pauses and his sound effects he makes like some drunk college frat kid.

fiasco west
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I forget that Rome is a UFC guy. He was one of the few on ESPN that used to talk about it. I'm almost convinced that ESPN has something against MMA because they almost never cover it outside of their 30 minute show that sometimes comes on at midnight before&after a event.

Dutchrudder
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
This is the only thing I have ever liked from the Jim Rome show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczUKTwgqeY

Texecutioner
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I forget that Rome is a UFC guy. He was one of the few on ESPN that used to talk about it. I'm almost convinced that ESPN has something against MMA because they almost never cover it outside of their 30 minute show that sometimes comes on at midnight before&after a event.

I just don't think they see enough viewership to cover it. If they did, they'd cover it more I'm pretty sure. They probably look at those odd times that they cover MMA and don't see a lot of viewership, so they don't cover it as much. The more that it gets on Fox though, you'll probably see more coverage of it down the line.

ziggy29
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Noooooo!!!!!!! Outside of the SI cover, nothing will jinx your team quicker than a visit on the Rome show.
Madden?

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I just don't think they see enough viewership to cover it. If they did, they'd cover it more I'm pretty sure. They probably look at those odd times that they cover MMA and don't see a lot of viewership, so they don't cover it as much. The more that it gets on Fox though, you'll probably see more coverage of it down the line.

I doubt that's the reason. I bet it's more that they don't want to cut into their coverage of the Yankees, the Red Sox and "The Tebow".

False Start
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Rome is so tired, his schtick got old about 10 years ago. He is like the TMZ of sports talk.... :sleep:

ziggy29
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Rome is so tired, his schtick got old about 10 years ago. He is like the TMZ of sports talk.... :sleep:

Rome is almost as old and tired as the stupid Gatorade bath over the coach at the end of a game.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Rome's show has sucked ever since he fired Travis Rodgers, you know... The brains behind the "Smack Off" and other ideas.

clutch
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Rome and his..................dramatic.............

paus................es

qftt

jim rome show sucks..
seriously..take out the pauses he makes after every couple of words..his show would be 30 mins long..

IlliniJen
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Rome's show has sucked ever since he fired Travis Rodgers, you know... The brains behind the "Smack Off" and other ideas.

Basically, if you want the Jim Rome of the golden era, you have to listen to Travis Rogers now.

False Start
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Rome is almost as old and tired as the stupid Gatorade bath over the coach at the end of a game.

lol

Rome's act is older than Davy Crockett's buckskin rubber.

Dan B.
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I doubt that's the reason. I bet it's more that they don't want to cut into their coverage of the Yankees, the Red Sox and "The Tebow".

ESPN will pay a coupla hundred mill for the TV rights and then it'll be all they talk about.

Allstar
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Pretty exciting that "TJ will on his show tomorrow."

Now if I only knew what it meant...

Double Barrel
12-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I think Rome Is Burning is a solid show, but I'm not much for listening to his radio show these days. He resets/rehashes too much, and I can do without 99% of the clones calling in smacking each other with lame insults.

TexansFanatic
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I guess I'm the odd man out here. I like Rome. I get a real kick out of his rants.

From reading the other posts here I'm thinking perhaps the reason I like him is because I haven't listened to him for a decade. I've only really tuned into him for a few years, and even then not every day---just every now and then. So I'm not burned out on him.

He has an amazing ability to belabor an issue and continue to chip away at it, squeezing every drop of humor from it from every conceivable angle.

I can't imagine having to talk about something for five, ten, twenty minutes at a time---by myself---and managing to keep an audience listening and laughing. And he does have a huge audience---there's no denying that.

Very, very few people are capable of doing what he does. And that's why he's paid the big bucks.

EDIT: When Jay Mohr is filling in, it's like Christmas. That dude is money.

Rey
12-12-2011, 06:10 PM
I like Rome sometimes...

I really like his interviews though...He does really good interviews...

TimeKiller
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I like Rome sometimes...

I really like his interviews though...He does really good interviews...

He usually says so himself lol

TejasTom
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
qftt

jim rome show sucks..
seriously..take out the pauses he makes after every couple of words..his show would be 30 mins long..

And he repeats everything 3 times, so guess he about 10 minutes of content.

I can only take about 5 minutes of Rome every other month.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Basically, if you want the Jim Rome of the golden era, you have to listen to Travis Rogers now.

Exactly Jen!!

Giant Tiger
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
I think Rome Is Burning is a solid show, but I'm not much for listening to his radio show these days. He resets/rehashes too much, and I can do without 99% of the clones calling in smacking each other with lame insults.

I heard the smackoff once & I still can't figure out if any of those callers can speak English :um:

GP
12-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Pretty exciting that "TJ will on his show tomorrow."

Now if I only knew what it meant...

TJ will [take a dump] on his show tomorrow, maybe?

That would be some good Rome Is Burning. Probably all-time high for listener ratings.

The Cush
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM

"errrrr....(loud audible of paper shuffling)....errrrrr.....(loud audible of paper shuffling)"

You mean you don't like that?! Its ridiculous how much filler is in his radio show.

mussop
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
He's horrible. Has been for years. Does anyone actually still listen to Rome?? I've wondered for years who his clones are, because I have a hard time understanding how he has kept a following for this long. His act got old and stale a long time ago with his pauses and his sound effects he makes like some drunk college frat kid.

This X 100000000. I never understood how people could listen to that hack.

ObsiWan
12-13-2011, 03:57 AM

Concur!
The last interesting thing that happened on that show was when Jim Everett clocked him.
He's right up there (or down there) with Heraldo Rivera on the list of people who make me wonder, how do they still have a job?

BIG TORO
12-13-2011, 06:08 AM
I rather listen to Barry Warner talk about erectile dysfunction than listen to Rome.

silvrhand
12-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Only episode of the Jim Rome show I ever liked was when Everret was gonna beat his ass on live tv!

:bat:

El Tejano
12-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't like Jim Rome's show too much but I can respect him as a person in the media. He dogged us for selecting Mario and then later apologized to Mario and admitted he was wrong. Say what you want about his show but he was a better media guy than all the "experts" out there who to this day will not admit they were wrong.

Double Barrel
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
"errrrr....(loud audible of paper shuffling)....errrrrr.....(loud audible of paper shuffling)"

You mean you don't like that?! Its ridiculous how much filler is in his radio show.

That's why Rome Is Burning is cool. You get all of his takes condenses into 30 minutes, usually a good interview, and then a sitdown with a professional sports writer to talk about current events. The bonus is absolutely zero clones on the show.

False Start
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Phenomenal!

Playoffs
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Rome better have a take & not suck when TJ is in da house.

Texecutioner
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Concur!
The last interesting thing that happened on that show was when Jim Everett clocked him.
He's right up there (or down there) with Heraldo Rivera on the list of people who make me wonder, how do they still have a job?

I'll admit I liked him a lot like ten years ago, but he hasn't really changed his act at all and he's just gotten more and more obnoxious with the "bad smack" that's not really funny. I liked his old show he had a long time ago as well. Rome Is Burning can't touch that old show he had. Rome Is Burning is just boring and stale to me as well. Rome never really evolved and didn't really get anymore witty to me. He just uses the same sattire over and over and just hearing his voice now days is really annoying.