PDA

View Full Version : The Game Winning Drive

Nawzer
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Thought this deserved its own thread. NFL.com has posted the game winning drive and it was a historic drive for this franchise. Enjoy! Go Texans!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824f21f6/Yates-orchestrates-game-winning-drive

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824f4fac/QB-Yates-17-yd-run
Video of "The Run" with Marc Vandermeer making the call.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824f5019/QB-Yates-to-WR-Walter-6-yd-pass-TD
The winning score. With Vandermeer making the call.

:texan:

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I know, some of you are getting tired of seeing it...... but
http://flapjacksociety.com/assets_c/2009/10/Nature+Boy+Ric+Flair-thumb-400x433-1517.jpg

Wooooo!!

I'm just so excited.

Premier
12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
heck of a grab by OD..

TheMatrix31
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Damn, says video is "unavailable".

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Damn, says video is "unavailable".
Just worked for me.

And it would be really hard to get tired of seeing that. I still love watching the tape of my alma mater ripping our archrivals in 1990.

TexCanada
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
OD was a beast all day. He put on a clinic of how to step up and help a young QB. Same thing with KW. Great team effort on that last drive.

Nawzer
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
One thing that sucked was Marv Albert's inability to recognize the importance of that drive and the subsequent score. It's like he's on a 10 min delay and it doesn't register in his brain fast enough. Rich Gannon was pretty blah about it too imo.

foo82
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I just noticed something while rewatching that drive. That pass to Jacoby may have very well been a touchdown had there not been a PI. It was very nicely placed and if Jacoby hadn't been slowed down, he had a very good chance at the ball (assuming he doesn't drop it),

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I just noticed something while rewatching that drive. That pass to Jacoby may have very well been a touchdown had there not been a PI. It was very nicely placed and if Jacoby hadn't been slowed down, he had a very good chance at the ball (assuming he doesn't drop it),

I haven't heard too much bitching from relatively objective Bengals fans about that call, so it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen an angle of that play that tells me it may have been a catch. And let's not forget this is JJ we're talking about, so assuming a catch might be a bit optimistic.

TexCanada
12-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I haven't heard too much bitching from relatively objective Bengals fans about that call, so it wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen an angle of that play that tells me it may have been a catch. And let's not forget this is JJ we're talking about, so assuming a catch might be a bit optimistic.

I think its fair to say that ball would have hit 'Coby in the hands. After that, who knows what may have happened.

TimeKiller
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Adam Jones sure did mug him though. It was like 15 yards of patty cake and a nice club to the head of coverage. And in truly not guilty fashion throws his hands up and looks at the ref! Just for future reference Pacman, it doesn't work in court either.

That catch by OD was big time.

That run by Yates was gigantic. He took a mountain, put it on his shoulders and juked his way 17 yards down the field for the first. "The Throw" Yates to Walter for the TD, the division, the t-shirts!! Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!

Cjeremy635
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!

Where was I? I was sitting on my couch, screaming "Are you f'in kidding me? Are you f'in kidding me? Are you f'in kidding me?"

Seriously.....I screamed it over & over. My wife was putting on her make-up and she even came in the living room to see what I was yelling about.

Her comments....."I'm so happy for you babe."

Understatement of the year......

Lurvinator11
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Epic memories, where were you the first time the Texans made the playoffs?!

I was at a sports bar up in huntsville. The place went wild. It was amazing to see all those fans up here.

2BCF
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
One thing that sucked was Marv Albert's inability to recognize the importance of that drive and the subsequent score. It's like he's on a 10 min delay and it doesn't register in his brain fast enough. Rich Gannon was pretty blah about it too imo.

Yeah, I had to mute that SOB.

AnthonyE
12-12-2011, 01:24 AM
I was at a sports bar up in huntsville. The place went wild. It was amazing to see all those fans up here.

Which one? I probably should have joined you. But, then again... At home I was free to run around acting like an ***** after the TD catch.

b0ng
12-12-2011, 01:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8vCKM.jpg

Hello desktop background.

El Tejano
12-12-2011, 04:32 AM
I went running into the street with my kids and was dancing. The kids in the neighborhood who were playing outside ran inside screaming "a man is going crazy!!!"

SAMURAITEXAN
12-12-2011, 05:17 AM
I went running into the street with my kids and was dancing. The kids in the neighborhood who were playing outside ran inside screaming "a man is going crazy!!!"

Same here El Tejano. The game started 3AM Japan time and was over early in the morning. When the Texans won, I screamed so loud that my family woke up and thought I was having a heart attack. I explained to my wife and son about the game and my wife shook her head and son just went oh maaaannn kind of gesture with smile on his face as my son knows how I love the Texans and was happy for me.

Go Texans!!! AFC South Champions!!!