PDA

View Full Version : Don't Stop Now Texans Three More To Go

gary
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Well, hopefully more than three games to play but frist things first win out and get that first round bye. GO TEXANS

Hervoyel
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, hopefully more than three games to play but frist things first win out and get that first round bye. GO TEXANS

Six more to go I believe.

Why dream small? :splits:

gary
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Six more to go I believe.

Why dream small? :splits:I just want to get the bye and then go from there but you are right.

EllisUnit
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
we are on a 7 game winning streak. We could get a 1st round bye, but main thing is to have everyone healthy for the play-offs. So if we need to rest a few guys in the last game i say go for it.

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM

There you go gary, keep moving that target.

TexanSam
12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
we are on a 7 game winning streak. We could get a 1st round bye, but main thing is to have everyone healthy for the play-offs. So if we need to rest a few guys in the last game i say go for it.

I hate having that Thursday game against the Colts. Everyone is banged up this time of year, and having two less days to recover after the Panthers game...I just hope no one gets hurt in that Colts game. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 2nd string guys play a little more than usual.

TexansFanatic
12-11-2011, 08:05 PM
From 3-3 to 10-3.

Outstanding.

Vaguely reminds me of the Oilers season, back in '93 I believe, when they started 1-4 and wound up 12-4.

Hopefully our new and improved professional franchise will perform better in the playoffs than that old perennial choker team always did.

Grid
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I was saying earlier that if I was Kubiak I would sit johnson till week 17. Let him rest up some more and then bring him in on the last game to get him warmed up for the playoffs.

Id also make Tate my starting RB and bring in Foster as the "thunder" to his "lightning". Basically have them switch roles in a bid to keep foster as healthy as possible. Tate has fewer miles on him at this point.

And of course id have Yates out there for every snap..and id be throwing the ball as much as is possible without it being "stupid". He needs to work on his accuracy and build up some rythme with his receivers.

Of course im not kubiak. So who knows how smart, or idiotic, it would be to do these things.

DocBar
12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I hate having that Thursday game against the Colts. Everyone is banged up this time of year, and having two less days to recover after the Panthers game...I just hope no one gets hurt in that Colts game. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 2nd string guys play a little more than usual.Even though I'm going to that game, I'm cool with this. It is so freakin nice to be on this side of things.
I really like the scheduling this year. Lots of important division games at the end of the year are going to keep a lot of teams from being able to rest starters.

Scooter
12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I hate having that Thursday game against the Colts. Everyone is banged up this time of year, and having two less days to recover after the Panthers game...I just hope no one gets hurt in that Colts game. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 2nd string guys play a little more than usual.

look at it this way, we get the easiest game in the NFL on a thursday, allowing our guys to rest up with a longer Christmas break. foster and tate run for 250 yards and we call it a day in under 2 hours.

TimeKiller
12-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't expect them to sit people but shamelessly playing backups might be a good idea for a game or two. Carolina might be a let down but it's time to play smart.

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't expect them to sit people but shamelessly playing backups might be a good idea for a game or two. Carolina might be a let down but it's time to play smart.

Play to win, always. We didn't come this far to fall back into old, bad habits.

They can rest Wild-Card weekend.

TexansFanatic
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM

I agree with this.

Dance with who brung ya.

JDizzle
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Rep if I could. We need as many home playoff games as possible. I don't want to play the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots in their respective cribs. I would much rather have them over at Reliant and show them a little southern hospitality, if you know what I mean.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I agree with this.

Dance with who brung ya.

My thoughts as well. We are playing with momentum, let's not break this up.

sbalderrama
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Can't do. Yates needs as many real game time snaps with the first unit as possible before we hit the playoffs if we want to do something besides 1 and out.

ObsiWan
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM

I agree with this.

Dance with who brung ya.

Rep if I could. We need as many home playoff games as possible. I don't want to play the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots in their respective cribs. I would much rather have them over at Reliant and show them a little southern hospitality, if you know what I mean.

Yes, yes, and hell yes on the JDizzle's thoughts. Let's play at home until we go to Indy.