PDA

View Full Version : Still major disrepect from NFL Network

DX-TEX
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone watching the Gameday Highlights show? They literally show about 40 seconds of the game then talk about how far we can go in the playoffs. Of course Dukes and Waddle say "not past the first round", will lose to the Steelers.

What else do we have to do!?

gtexan02
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
WTF is wrong with ESPN, NFL today? The Falcons get the cover story? Why? We clinched our first ever playoff spot in a miracle game and we're a side story. F the national media.

It was supposed to be "earn it, and you get it" Now we've earned it, and are still being looked over

Mr. Texan
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
**** them

great season no matter what with everything we had to overcome

:koolaid:

Fox
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Anyone watching the Gameday Highlights show? They literally show about 40 seconds of the game then talk about how far we can go in the playoffs. Of course Dukes and Waddle say "not past the first round", will lose to the Steelers.

Waited through 20 minutes of highlights for them to get to our game and they showed 2 plays and one poll where they said we couldn't beat the steelers. Horse sh*t.

DX-TEX
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
It gets worse!

Now they show a poll asking to name the best 10 win team in the AFC.

Texans, Ravens, Steelers and Patriots. Dukes says anyone but the Texans....

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm worried about the Steelers. With the combination of the Texans' bad luck with injuries and the dirtiest player in the league (James Harrison) lining up on the other side, I shudder at the thought...

Yankee_In_TX
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Y'all might get flamed for this thread, but I totally get wait, waiting, waiting for them to get to Houston and they skip it or give 20 seconds. Very lame.

redwhiteANDblue
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Keep in mind that all the players feed off this disrespect. More disrespect = More domination. Keep it coming I don't mind

TdotTexas2Step
Being from Toronto, we've always got this treatment with the Raptors franchise. The only time we changed things was when we actually got to the playoffs and beat the Knicks in the first round back in the Vince Carter days. We then had the most media attention out of any of the second round teams when we went against Iverson's Sixers.

When teams dwindle down, you force them to pay attention to you, and that's what the Texans will do come February.

JCTexan

The Steelers won't be playing Htown in the first round. The Steelers will end up with the fifth seed and will likely play Denver.

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
It gets worse!

Now they show a poll asking to name the best 10 win team in the AFC.

Texans, Ravens, Steelers and Patriots. Dukes says anyone but the Texans....

I think these guys thrive on this stuff. Let the pundits and "journalists" keep underestimating and naysaying.

TheMatrix31
I'm worried about the Steelers. With the combination of the Texans' bad luck with injuries and the dirtiest player in the league (James Harrison) lining up on the other side, I shudder at the thought...

Didn't we break James Harrisons orbital bone when we played them earlier this year?

GP
This is why I didn't cry when we won the game today.

Like I said in the other thread: EFF THEM. Eff 'em all.

I knew we wouldn't get the respect. Why? Because they have their story, and the story is that they didn't pick us to win this season and they have a vested interest in making sure that they shade their coverage and can't be called out on their turnaround now that we clinched.

Jamie Dukes is the biggest POS on TV, period. He is like the store manager in the movie Elf. Prancing around acting like he's the **** of the walk, unaware of what's going on around him, and Buddy The Elf (The Texans) comes in and shows him up.

Eff that guy. At least Adam Schein of FoxSports came back around and started acknowledging that he has faith in us and likes our chances. He dipped a bit this off-season, due to being disappointed in us the past few years, but he jumped back aboard the Texans Express before today happened.

The others? Eff them. Sharpe on CBS likes us. He said Ravens and Texans best two AFC teams, and that Steelers and Pats are 3rd and 4th behind us.

False Start
Jaime Dukes is a hater. He can go eat a bag of peckers.

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
The Steelers won't be playing Htown in the first round. The Steelers will end up with the fifth seed and will likely play Denver.
Unless the Steelers can pick up a game on the Ravens in the next three weeks.

The Texans are almost certainly the #3 seed at minimum. If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

PhilpW
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Same pack of unaccountable reporters said Houston couldn't win with Yates. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE ON TV, DOESN"T MAKE THEM SMART!

El Tejano
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Did anyone feel the need to hear Rex Ryan for about 20-30 mins about his great win over powerhouse KC today too?

GP
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

In Reliant. And let's see Sanchez play against our defense NOW.

He would need a meteor to strike Reliant in order to get out of being on his ass all day long. Funny how things come around, isn't it? He and Rex dancing all around the field that day...only to come back here in a playoff game against the best defense (something Rex is known for) in the league.

Reliant will be deafening for the Jets all day. It will be epic.

But I'm holding out for a 1st round bye. Still got three weeks of games to get some rest AND home field in round 2. That's the goal.

TheMatrix31

The Texans are almost certainly the #3 seed at minimum. If the Texans wind up as only the #3 seed, they get the lowest seed in the first round -- right now, that would be the Jets.

Maybe we can pay them back for 2009 and last year.

I hate the Jets and hope they miss out. I hate that lucky bullshit team more than I hate the Patriots.

Whatever. I don't care. Let's just keep winning.

CretorFrigg
They'll have to talk about us after a Super Bowl win.

JCTexan

That was pretty much my point. I don't see the Steelers ending up with the sixth seed, thus they won't be playing Houston in the first round.

Playoffs
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Meh, no worries ..... we've got scoreboard.

:fans:

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM
That was pretty much my point. I don't see the Steelers ending up with the sixth seed, thus they won't be playing Houston in the first round.

True -- but we don't even know that Houston will even play in the first round. So it would still be possible for their first opponent to be Pittsburgh -- but only if they get a first round bye, not if they take the #3 seed.

houstonspartan
12-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

2) She also wrote a great column about the Texans resiliency last week.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-111206/the-houston-texans-nfl-most-impressive-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?

ObsiWan
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Sweet Jesus, people.

1) A good friend of mine works for ESPN. She sent me a text telling me she have the Texans a shoutout during her closing shot on the Sports Reporters this morning.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-111206/the-houston-texans-nfl-most-impressive-team-season

3) Last month's ESPN The Magazine had a cover story on the Texans. They spent an entire day with the team, and profiled the Texans-Steelers game. They dedicated something like 30 or so pages to the Texans.

Just because the immediate media reaction isn't to stop all the presses and praise the Texans great win doesn't mean we're not liked or respected nationally. And, even if we aren't, so what?

This time it's not ESPN that's the guilty party. It's NFLN.

Edit: and if you know Jemele Hill, tell her she's got at least one fan in Houston.

welsh texan
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Everyone here does realise that when we beat the undefeated Packers in the Superbowl, it'll be remembered just like the Pats-Giants Superbowl.

You know that one that the Patriots lost?

Whereas more recently the Saints and Packers have won superbowls, that year the Patriots lost one.

But who cares really, the Texans are great to watch at the moment and just like Green Bay last year, they will improve by default next season when all those stars are back in the lineup, not to mention the number of others who are on the field but really banged up.

DX-TEX
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/TexansNWO.jpg

These guys should go have a talk with Dukes....

Allstar
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Eh, whatever. Clinching the playoffs isn't a big deal among the AFC elite. I'm fine with this. If you really care about outside perception, think of it as it solidifies us in an 'expected outcome' kind of way.

TexCanada
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Respect is earned in playoffs. Not only that, but I don't care if our highlights are on last.

Nawzer
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
This day is OURS and there's nothing anyone can say or do to take it away from us. Time to celebrate folks and don't get caught up on who's talking or not talking about us. This is about Houston.

ESAD2-14
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
The Texans don't need any respect from ESPN or NFL Network, as long as they get it from Houston - the city. No amount of national attention is going to compare with what we the fans are able to provide, in terms of respect, for this win.

Edit: I mean all Texans fans, those outside the city as well carrying that Texans banner.W e all deserve to relish in this victory and the AFC South Champions Houston Texans.

houstonspartan
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM

Edit: and if you know Jemele Hill, tell her she's got at least one fan in Houston.

I will tell her that. She gets a lot of flack from the basement Jethro's who troll the ESPN comments. A lot of people don't think a woman can have opinions about sports, unfortunately.

I just sent her a text suggesting she write a column about Wade Phillips and how he should be considered for coach of the year, and not merely coordinator of the year. I doubt if she'll bite on that one, though.

Premier
12-11-2011, 06:14 PM
im convinced these clowns dont watch all the games. theyre tuned into the packers or whatever..

watching the highlights on NFL Network.. they said the pass interference call happened on the throw to owen daniels and went against reggie nelson.. they all responded with "uuuuhh i dont know about that one.. hmmmmm uhhhhh" more jamie dukes hate.. but the PI call was on pacman jones on the throw to jacoby jones...

GP
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Yep. I agree on this.

We were the 4th or 5th story on espn's website. "Texans Clinch Division." Had a clip of the highlights of the game. Then you have a chance to click on another link that opens another story, called "Rapid Reaction" that talks more about it.

The NFLN guys are trying to act like they drive or define the flow of NFL news now. They've actually surpassed ESPN in being consumed with their own bias or their own take on what is hip and what is not, etc. Dukes has become the worst at it, IMO.

EllisUnit
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
They'll have to talk about us after a Super Bowl win.

na they would talk about who should of REALLY won it, even if we did win. And then Espn would decide to suddenly stop coming out with their special DVD on superbowl teams seasons. Then the commissioner would decide football is old news and the league would end, we would get stiffed one way our the other :whip:

IlliniJen
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
All the national sports media are too busy masturbating to Tebow to give us any attention. Or sucking up to a team in a "major media market."

Screw 'em all.

Heath Shuler
12-11-2011, 07:49 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/27/129117792550207391.jpg

GP
12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok, apparently there is a CLASSY group of NFLN guys and there is a SNOTTY group of NFLN guys who envy the CLASSY guys.

Because I just watched Eisen, Deion, and Mooch go ULTRA CLASSY for the Texans. Nothing but the highest praise for the Texans. At the end of the highlights, Mooch yells out "Way to go KUBES!"

Showed mama hugging daddy, and they ALL thought that was superb stuff right there. Every guy on that panel said "Congratulations to the Texans." They couldn't stop saying nice things about us.

Nice, nice, nice stuff from the main guys. They showed Yates in a press conference type interview (he's wearing his suit, tie, and Division Champs cap!), then they even had McNair wearing one and interviewed McNair who said, "I hear all this talk about other coaches being considered for COTY. What about Gary Kubiak? We've won our last three games with three different QBs, and no mention of Gary Kubiak for coach of the year???" WOW!

Dukes and his squad of haters are trying to be edgy, IMO. Trying to be smarter than the rest of the world on this deal. Just my 2 cents.

phantom17
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Keep in mind that all the players feed off this disrespect. More disrespect = More domination. Keep it coming I don't mind

Yeah! This ^^^^^:texanbill:

Ryan
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
The main guys and the guys on Playbook always show us alot of respect. I'd rather have the people who actually know a sh*t about football then the pricks like Dukes.

PapaL
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Screw what everyone else says or thinks about. We are young, we are good, and we are division champions. We weren't suppose it this far with a rag tag lineup full of backups and backups to the backups. Let's take it out on next weeks opponent, then the next one, and so on.

Vinny
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
who cares. Crying should be outlawed in Football.

DX-TEX
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/nfl

THATS what Im talking about! Cowher and Sharpe love them some Texans!

eriadoc
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Shannon Sharpe on CBS said he thinks the Texans are the second best team in the AFC behind the Ravens. Since the Ravens won that head to head, I can't disagree with him.

JustinK4404
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/TexansNWO.jpg

These guys should go have a talk with Dukes....

This is the greatest pic I've seen. It's been a long time. I am a kid at Christmas today.

DX-TEX
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
This is the greatest pic I've seen. It's been a long time. I am a kid at Christmas today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Listen to this while you look at that pic.

False Start
12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Check out this tweet (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/em3cap) from fat ass Jamie Dukes.

HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.

:cutthroat:

Dread-Head
12-11-2011, 10:46 PM
**** them

great season no matter what with everything we had to overcome

:koolaid:

Damn! You said it before I could. :thinking: Mind you I would have said "vugg em." but that's me.

Heath Shuler
12-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Check out this tweet (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/em3cap) from fat ass Jamie Dukes.

what a huge AHOLE

IlliniJen
12-11-2011, 10:53 PM

Why would anyone want to listen to the worst entrance music in wrestling?

False Start
12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Why would anyone want to listen to the worst entrance music in wrestling?

HEY! Kevin Nash still uses it on Monday Night RAW! lol

ObsiWan
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM

He mad. He keeps picking against us and we keep showing him up.

kwoththeravens
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM

Jamie Dukes is the worst. As a Ravens fan I'm well acquainted with his stupidity and his love affair with the Steelers/Patriots.

IlliniJen
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
HEY! Kevin Nash still uses it on Monday Night RAW! lol

Really? It's hard to hear his painfully dated and irrelevant entrance music over the creaking of his knees and sound of my life slowly draining as he plods to the ring for what is sure to be an unmemorable squash match that the squashee has to carry. I, too, could walk into his big boot and give him a win.

But I'm not opinionated or anything about retread wrestlers who go through more Just for Men in a week -- on their goatee -- than the VFW down the street does in a year.

False Start
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Really? It's hard to hear his painfully dated and irrelevant entrance music over the creaking of his knees and sound of my life slowly draining as he plods to the ring for what is sure to be an unmemorable squash match that the squashee has to carry. I, too, could walk into his big boot and give him a win.

But I'm not opinionated or anything about retread wrestlers who go through more Just for Men in a week -- on their goatee -- than the VFW down the street does in a year.

:lol:

Spot on! He has a LADDER match at the next PPV. :wadepalm:

Back to the subject, I hate Jamie Dukes, lol.

houstonspartan
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/nfl

THATS what Im talking about! Cowher and Sharpe love them some Texans!

Eh, that's not news. Bill Cowher has always liked the Texans. For the last several years.

Look, there are media members that simply have their biases. Some hate us, some like us.

Media folks that have traditionally liked the Texans:
Bill Cowher
Howie Long
Tony Dungy
Jemele Hill

Media folks that point blank hate us, and likely always will:
Matt Millen
Mike Lombardi
Skip Bayless
Jamie Dukes

I'm sure I'm missing a few on both lists, but, you see my point. I don't really pay attention to what people say about us. Matt Millen, for example, passed on a guy named Andre Johnson in favor of Charles Rodgers when he was running the Lions. Charles Rodgers ended up a crackhead. So, in his case, the Texans simply remind him of his mistakes.

If people don't like us, screw 'em.

GP
12-11-2011, 11:27 PM

That's what Terry Funk said about Nash: He expects every opponent to carry him (Nash) and that Nash is the worst "team player" in wrestling. Worst.

Terry never rags fellow wrestlers, so for him to rag Nash like that...it's true.

I really dig your knowledge on pro rasslin' Jen. You're spot on.

80tothezone
12-11-2011, 11:30 PM
WTF is wrong with ESPN, NFL today? The Falcons get the cover story? Why? We clinched our first ever playoff spot in a miracle game and we're a side story. F the national media.

It was supposed to be "earn it, and you get it" Now we've earned it, and are still being looked over

well they won't be able to ignore it when we hoist the lambardi!

GP
12-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Eh, that's not news. Bill Cowher has always liked the Texans. For the last several years.

Look, there are media members that simply have their biases. Some hate us, some like us.

Bill Cowher
Howie Long
Tony Dungy
Jemele Hill

Matt Millen
Mike Lombardi
Skip Bayless
Jamie Dukes

I'm sure I'm missing a few on both lists, but, you see my point. I don't really pay attention to what people say about us. Matt Millen, for example, passed on a guy named Andre Johnson in favor of Charles Rodgers when he was running the Lions. Charles Rodgers ended up a crackhead. So, in his case, the Texans simply remind him of his mistakes.

I just want to know what huge bug crawled up Dukes' butt.

He's been overly snarky about the Texans. I mean, he's going above and beyond the norm. Does he feel like he rooted for us in the past, and he sort of slacked off this season...so now he has to stick with his position or fear looking like a bandwagon guy???

It's really comical, actually. The degree he's gone to be a dyck is amazing.

ObsiWan
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I just want to know what huge bug crawled up Dukes' butt.

He's been overly snarky about the Texans. I mean, he's going above and beyond the norm. Does he feel like he rooted for us in the past, and he sort of slacked off this season...so now he has to stick with his position or fear looking like a bandwagon guy???

It's really comical, actually. The degree he's gone to be a dyck is amazing.

He keeps picking against us and we keep proving him wrong.
It's funny watching him having to eat his words when we win.

GP
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
He keeps picking against us and we keep proving him wrong.
It's funny watching him having to eat his words when we win.

Ah, it's the Tebow Effect. Now I get it.

A talking head picks against a guy, week after week, and he can't stop betting against the guy because it admits an agenda or lack of objective analysis.

He wants to be the "I Told You So!" guy when said person or team goes down in flames. Going against the grain for the sake of looking smarter than the Group Thinkers.

Thank you, Obsiwan.

DexmanC
12-11-2011, 11:43 PM

Bill Cowher
Howie Long
Tony Dungy
Jemele Hill

Matt Millen
Mike Lombardi
Skip Bayless
Jamie Dukes

Sterling Sharpe been reppin the Texans even when we sucked.
I remember him willing to be laughed at every week on Playbook, and
his name should be listed as a definite Texans homer.

phenom01
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
well the game should be picked as one of the three best games of the week for NFL Replay this week. I think it should be Texans game, probably Broncos game and the just completed Giants game. Good games this week.

Should be fun to see the NFL films replays and comments during plays of the division clinching game, they do a great job with the NFL replay games.

mexican_texan
12-12-2011, 12:57 AM

Precisely my thought when I saw Reed.

ArlingtonTexan
12-12-2011, 01:22 AM
who cares. Crying should be outlawed in Football.

I really don't get the wanting "respect" from _____ network or dude, but then spend an entire thread talking about how _______ blank sucks.

GP
12-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I really don't get the wanting "respect" from _____ network or dude, but then spend an entire thread talking about how _______ blank sucks.

It's frustrating to see a sports commentator actively UNHAPPY that a team or player accomplishes something positive, such as winning a divisional title for the first time in its history.

It's classless, not merely "Jamie Dukes sucks, blah blah blah" It's beyond that. It's sad to see a guy like Dukes harbor some sort of weird hate against this team. Eisen, Deion (who has had his fair share of criticism of the Texans) and Mooch all had positive things to say, but Dukes goes polar opposite and actively tries to disrespect the achievement.

To me, it's fair for a sports fan to see that and think it's bizarre behavior. Because it is a little awkward, frankly.

JamesBill
12-12-2011, 03:58 AM
#1 seed
#1 defense

I'll tough it out.

Allstar
12-12-2011, 04:12 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11911/12197447.jpg

TheDream34
12-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Meh... I really don't care what Jamie Dukes says, because most of the time, this dude has no idea what he is even saying.

Yankee_In_TX
12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
This morning SC and NFLN keep repeating Cowboys/Giants high lights and talking about Tebow. Is there any where online to catch game day highlights?

Dutchrudder
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
This morning SC and NFLN keep repeating Cowboys/Giants high lights and talking about Tebow. Is there any where online to catch game day highlights?

Texans highlights on NFL.com here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824f175f/Texans-vs-Bengals-highlights?module=HP11_headline_stack

You can find lots more on the video portion of their site.

Kimmy
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM

Sirius 88 at 10am ... I can promise you Schein and Gannon will be singing our praises

Craig.
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11911/12197447.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/CryingAngelx93x/7.jpg

Playoffs
12-12-2011, 10:01 AM
HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition

Keep alienating the 4th largest market in the country, Jamie Dipsh!t, and see what that gets you & NFLN.

NFL means Not For Long in television, too ..... stop watching until they can his fat a$$.

HOU-TEX
12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I was watching NFL Gameday Final on NFLN and they gave us plenty of credit. They showed highlights, celebration after the titan loss, a few players talk and McNair say a few words.

Count me in the group that doesn't understand the need for attention

*edit* By the way, Dukes has been jumping on the Texans banswagon the past couple years. We failed, he bailed

Yankee_In_TX
12-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I was watching NFL Gameday Final on NFLN and they gave us plenty of credit. They showed highlights, celebration after the titan loss, a few players talk and McNair say a few words.

Count me in the group that doesn't understand the need for attention

I just want to watch the highlights, but apparently you had to be watching yesterday :(

Hervoyel
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Start with post #1 and go down the list in this thread. Make a little internal list of people who appear to have sand in their vaginas over this perceived lack disrespect. No need to name them, it's about numbers not opinions.

Now, got your number?

The closer it is to "76" (the post above mine as I type this) the more successful these people disrespecting the Texans are. They feed on attention. You're giving it to them. Why do you care what they think?

PHAROAH
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey who the hell cares what they think as long as we keep winning let them under-rate us I just want to go to the superbowl!!!!

DX-TEX
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.

Wow! Guy is a complete tool.

ziggy29
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Wow! Guy is a complete tool.

Dukes is a twit if that's an exact quote. The fact that we have suffered so long is *exactly* why we're so pumped up, I think. It's not always easy to "act like you've been there before" when, well, you've never been there before.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Win.

GP
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
You know what's the worst part of his tweet?

The expression is supposed to be "Quiet as a church MOUSE."

Jamie Dukes turns into us being a RAT.

"Quiet as a church rat." - Dukes

Yeah, that part is what pissed me off tbh. We're rats.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
My reply to Jamie DaisyDuckes:

@jamiedukes This just in braniac, we've never been here as "The Texans" AND it's been 18 years since we've seen the playoffs. Now, STFU!

DX-TEX
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM

You're a rat.:texanbill:

rush2112mn
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Go look at ESPN.....Tebow this ...Tebow that......

Hannah Storm gave a shout out right before they were going to commercial break.....

IlliniJen
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm surprised I can understand what anyone on ESPN is saying since they all have Tebow's dick in their mouths.

How is ESPN less "sports entertainment" than the WWE?

Oh, and Skip Bayless needs to die in a fire.

Playoffs
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
^Jen! http://www.animated-smileys.com/smileys/embarrassed/animated-smileys-embarrassed-57.gif

Stemp
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Texans are doing just fine flying under the radar.

Let the Tebow-mania continue through the playoff. In fact, I hope Tebow has to come to Reliant to play because not only will we end Tebow-mania, but we'll do it on a national stage.

Texecutioner
12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it's been flat out disgusting at how the entire media has completely ignored what the Texans have done all season long. I literally never hear anything about the Texans.

ESPN has pretty much ****ed over the entire league at this point, and shut down the entire network as far as football goes and has dedicated itself to Tim Tebow now. ESPN won't return until the Broncos are out of the playoffs and has their season completely over. You can forget about anything on the rest of the league from here on out. It's Tebow Time all the time in the media.

GlassHalfFull
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Texans are doing just fine flying under the radar.

Let the Tebow-mania continue through the playoff. In fact, I hope Tebow has to come to Reliant to play because not only will we end Tebow-mania, but we'll do it on a national stage.

I spent some time flipping between ESPN and NFL network. Talk about lazy reporting (not that it can be called reporting).

But I am with you that I like flying under the radar.

Texn4life
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I could care less about these clowns. We're champs and that's the only thing that matters. When we go to the Super Bowl they won't have any choice but to talk about us.

GP
12-12-2011, 01:22 PM

@jamiedukes This just in braniac, we've never been here as "The Texans" AND it's been 18 years since we've seen the playoffs. Now, STFU!

Sent you rep. Way to go, Texan Bill! Whoo-hoooooo! :texanbill:

BlueSteel
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
The game day recap covers the game in more detail. I was also excited to see that even though the hosts were all picking the steelers, ravens, and pats as the best AFC 10 win team... The fan vote gave the Texans the majority of the vote at 47%.

At least the fans of the game have recognized what we have done this season!

mootini
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Win.

exactly!!!! Keep on winning!!!! Enjoy this time, don't worry about the talking head's.

b0ng
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I love shutting up pundits and analysts. It feels so beautiful.

ziggy29
12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I love shutting up pundits and analysts. It feels so beautiful.
I think their naysaying makes winning that much sweeter.

Hardcore Texan
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Here's my reply to that PAB jamie dukes.........

@jamiedukes insulting blanket statements 2wards entire fan base N the 4th largest market in the country...smart move #diarrheaofthemouth#

Goatcheese
12-12-2011, 04:50 PM
The thing that annoys me about NFLN isn't the lack of coverage; it's the tease.

The Texans are always 1/2 down the lineup on the left hand side of the screen. It's like the highlights are sitting there taunting me, but they just keep getting bumped back as one game after another jumps them. Then they finally reach the next highlight up and BAM commercial. Then they come back and the Texans are 1/2 up the screen again.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/avatar_00160a30a658_128.png

DefenseWins
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it's been flat out disgusting at how the entire media has completely ignored what the Texans have done all season long. I literally never hear anything about the Texans.

ESPN has pretty much ****ed over the entire league at this point, and shut down the entire network as far as football goes and has dedicated itself to Tim Tebow now. ESPN won't return until the Broncos are out of the playoffs and has their season completely over. You can forget about anything on the rest of the league from here on out. It's Tebow Time all the time in the media.

You must remember these are the same FOOLS that dropped 20 years on the Longhorn Network, one of the stupidest moves ever for any network.

I don't watch them anymore. And no, I really don't care about the LHN comment and who it might tick off. It was, is and always will be an utterly stupid move.

What matters is what the players in that locker room think, not what some morons on a network that jumped the shark long ago think.

michaelm
12-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised I can understand what anyone on ESPN is saying since they all have Tebow's dick in their mouths.

How is ESPN less "sports entertainment" than the WWE?

Oh, and Skip Bayless needs to die in a fire.

Tebow's tis a saintly Penis, which can fill their mouths in a heavenly manner, yet still allow them to speaketh, and worship he whom doth sport it.

Yankee_In_TX
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Here's the shit I am complaining about:

http://youtu.be/Zoq-hfmn6ro

They do it ALL the time.

Shaft75
12-12-2011, 06:28 PM

They do it ALL the time.

Nice evidence yank!

Double Barrel
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm not a Tebow hater, but damn if Tebow-mania hasn't taken over where "Favre watch" left off!

He's not the only guy playing football, people!!

About Dukes...kinda' disappointed that he'd tweet such an a-hole statement. Now I just look forward to the inevitable news story that he's choked on a chicken bone... :evil:

Goatcheese
12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm not a Tebow hater, but damn if Tebow-mania hasn't taken over where "Favre watch" left off!

He's not the only guy playing football, people!!

About Dukes...kinda' disappointed that he'd tweet such an a-hole statement. Now I just look forward to the inevitable news story that he's choked on a chicken bone... :evil:

MSR
http://donttrysohard.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/thats-racist.gif

drs23
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Sweet Jesus, people.

Just caught this. Great article and thanks much for sharing.

REP

QB75
12-12-2011, 10:15 PM
The celebration of clinching a playoff spot is big news here because it hasn't happened to a pro football team in almost 20 years, but don't expect that to be headline grabbing in the national media. We are the best team in a very weak division so it makes sense that we would clinch a spot early. Not a surprise. It has been expected to happen for weeks.

Wolf
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
I am too the point of "who gives a shit if the media gives respect"

look at this team... injuries gallore and they keep chugging (been getting harder and harder but still)

I like under the radar
Texans need to win out and get a bye week

Brisco_County
12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
If I could choose which commentators should hate the Texans, I would want Skip Bayless at the top of that list.

@jamiedukes HOP... Act like you been there Texans fans. You've been quiet as a church rat as your team has choked year after year. Now you act like you have Steeler tradition.

Our first ever playoff clinch, and he expects no celebration? Lebron James understands fan psychology better than this guy.

Texn4life
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Its a pretty dumb statement by Dukes period. Mainly because Texans fans haven't been quiet at all. We've been screaming wanting a playoff team and we finally got it. Dude is a chump though. His show on NFL network lasted all of 2 seconds.

DefenseWins
12-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Sweet Jesus, people.

Jemele Hill is terrific. Not hating on her.

I'm talking about the types who don't seem to get this team yet - and ESPN has a large number of those. I still will never get off the point that UTESPN threw down 20 years for the Longhorn Network. I get that there are a lot of UT alums in this world but this is just the kind of thing both of those parties would do. Money grab until they own it all. ESPN also doesn't seem to understand that UT is not TEXAS. They are not one in the same.

Certainly there are some good national pundits i respect, Rome and Hill are probably the two most prominent. Rome has had Houston Texans players on his major shows for a number of years.

But the majority can go take a hike. BTW Joe Buck at FOX is right near the top of that list too.

PS - I get that there are good UT fans out there - probably some on this website so spare me that BS. The administrations of both parties, UT and ESPN, really tick me off though.

False Start
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Well, apparently Warren Sapp is a fan. He thinks we are the best team in the AFC, and by "we" that's actually what he says in this clip.

Link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82500239/Best-team-in-the-AFC)

michaelm
12-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Jemele Hill is terrific. Not hating on her.

I'm talking about the types who don't seem to get this team yet - and ESPN has a large number of those. I still will never get off the point that UTESPN threw down 20 years for the Longhorn Network. I get that there are a lot of UT alums in this world but this is just the kind of thing both of those parties would do. Money grab until they own it all. ESPN also doesn't seem to understand that UT is not TEXAS. They are not one in the same.

Certainly there are some good national pundits i respect, Rome and Hill are probably the two most prominent. Rome has had Houston Texans players on his major shows for a number of years.

But the majority can go take a hike. BTW Joe Buck at FOX is right near the top of that list too.

PS - I get that there are good UT fans out there - probably some on this website so spare me that BS. The administrations of both parties, UT and ESPN, really tick me off though.

Way to take a thread specifically about the NFL network disrespecting the Texans and spin up an anti-Longhorn/ anti-ESPN rant.

Agenda much?

DefenseWins
12-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Way to take a thread specifically about the NFL network disrespecting the Texans and spin up an anti-Longhorn/ anti-ESPN rant.

Agenda much?

No agenda, just truth.

ESPN is not covering the Texans because THEY DON'T WANT TO (except for people at that network like Hill who have an open mind and take a genuine interest). They want to cover teams and headlines that sell. The Longhorn Network signing for 20 years reflects that. The Tebow coverage reflects that. Covering only a specific few teams a year like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers reflects exactly that.

Like it or not, it's right in front of your face. ESPN picks and chooses who they want to cover. They are, officially, in league with certain NFL and college teams, of this I am certain.

Which is why I don't watch about 95 percent of their programming unless it's games. They are no longer about journalism - they are about money. And UT gobbling up that 20 year contract proves they are all about making a buck as well - their admin doesn't give a flying rat's behind about you or me and neither does ESPN.

Both have heartless, soulless greedy administrations who drive out all their competition instead of letting their competition make them better. They stack the deck in their favor which is not how you become great. You become great by letting competition make you better.

Playoffs
12-13-2011, 12:15 AM

Hey Jamie, act like you've been there.

Oh, wait ..... but you haven't been there, have you? (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DukeJa20/gamelog/post/)

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_stfu.gif until you've got playoff experience ..... Texans 1+, DukesRat 0.

michaelm
12-13-2011, 12:23 AM
No agenda, just truth.

ESPN is not covering the Texans because THEY DON'T WANT TO (except for people at that network like Hill who have an open mind and take a genuine interest). They want to cover teams and headlines that sell. The Longhorn Network signing for 20 years reflects that. The Tebow coverage reflects that. Covering only a specific few teams a year like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers reflects exactly that.

Like it or not, it's right in front of your face. ESPN picks and chooses who they want to cover. They are, officially, in league with certain NFL and college teams, of this I am certain.

Which is why I don't watch about 95 percent of their programming unless it's games. They are no longer about journalism - they are about money. And UT gobbling up that 20 year contract proves they are all about making a buck as well - their admin doesn't give a flying rat's behind about you or me and neither does ESPN.

Both have heartless, soulless greedy administrations who drive out all their competition instead of letting their competition make them better. They stack the deck in their favor which is not how you become great. You become great by letting competition make you better.

The main point of my post was that your response was off topic to the thread. There are plenty of other places to discuss the topic that you're posting about.

Having said that, I don't disagree with what you said. It's just not really relevant to this thread.

silentassassin
12-13-2011, 12:25 AM

Quiet as a church? Rofl. Unbelievable, what a *******. Although I don't take him seriously anyways. Every time I hear/read something about him, I just think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rzAaGhAVZ8

And that's when I remember no cares are given about anything he says or does.

Brisco_County
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM

They do it ALL the time.

Earlier this year, I waited through an hour of game summaries that I didn't care about just to have the Texans highlights disappear from the list. I guess the Chiefs or the Bears were more important.

Texanballer
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
You guys forget to mention NBC.

31/32 teams in the NFL have played on Sunday Night Football.

Il let you guys guess the only team who hasnt.

TD
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm not much on the "no respect" thing, but that is unreal. :hmmm:

Texanballer
12-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, pretty crazy

GP
12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey Jamie, act like you've been there.

Oh, wait ..... but you haven't been there, have you? (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DukeJa20/gamelog/post/)

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_stfu.gif until you've got playoff experience ..... Texans 1+, DukesRat 0.

Ouch. That's the epitome of "Scoreboard!" LOL....

Nice find. I love how it says Playoff Log, and it's blank. Nuthin' there.

Somebody should tweet him about that. Say something like "Hey Dukes, you forgot that you've never made the playoffs yourself. Remember? LMAO."

Sway
12-13-2011, 07:09 PM
I havent read the entire thread, so If Im piggybacking or repeating, sorry!!! feel free to delete my post. First off IM ROYALLY PISSED about all the tebow acclaims!!! I dont CARE that he wears his religion on his sleeve and has supposedly carried that over to his team... that NOT going to win them a championship alone! Ya GOTTA PLAY! And granted, he has has improved the broncos immensely. HOWEVER what about our first ever playoff? our first EVER AFC South win? how ABOUT YATES, our 3rd string that no one gave two $hits about during the combine??? I kept hoping yesterday that NFLN would grant us just a LITTLE bit of congrats... and no. On the upside, they can play us as the underdogs all they want. They all think we're the same team from last year or... whenever. Maybe when we win the AFC they'll take us serious... wait, no they won't.... we're the TEXANS and everyone's still jealous that we were a country and they weren't!

rush2112mn
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't watch the NFL network....so all I have to go on is BSPN....
I really thought they would talk about the Texan game more. It was not mentioned at all except by Hannah Storm right before a commerical break who gave a shout out about us being division champs. Mike and Mike did the evening sportscenter right before the MNF game and had a phone interview with TJ Yates for about 5 minutes. Yates talked about the game winning drive and what was said in the huddle and how everything seemed calm.
As far as the coverage during the day....seemed like they wanted to concentrate on Tebow vs the Bears....
First take has turned into a lovefest for Tebow by Skip Bayless......just pure manlove....think he wants to marry the guy lmao....

I expected to see some Texan highlights on the Sportscenters....but hardly any if at all.....It really does not suprise me...

I think NFL live did talk about the Texans and showed the last few seconds of the game.....

Titans Sux 72
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Who cares. Just win. 1-0!

Lucky
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Just heard Torry Holt of NFLN rank TJ Yates as the #2 rookie QB.

1) Newton
2) Yates
3) Dalton
4) Locker
5) Gabbert
6) Ponder

Only #2? Just another example of NFLN hate.

ThaJokaa
12-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Tweeted back

@ThaJokaa (Alexander Hernandez)
@jamiedukes You talk like if you EVER went to the playoffs, my Texans already did something you NEVER did...

BeerTastesLikeVictory
12-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Just heard Torry Holt of NFLN rank TJ Yates as the #2 rookie QB.

1) Newton
2) Yates
3) Dalton
4) Locker
5) Gabbert
6) Ponder

Only #2? Just another example of NFLN hate.

I haven't seen a Vikes game all year, Ponder must be absolute garbage if he is behind Gabbert.

Lucky
12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I haven't seen a Vikes game all year, Ponder must be absolute garbage if he is behind Gabbert.
Those aren't my rankings, as I would certainly take Ponder over Gabbert, from what I've seen thus far.

ATXtexanfan
12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Tweeted back

@jamiedukes You talk like if you EVER went to the playoffs, my Texans already did something you NEVER did...

nice

ATXtexanfan
12-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Tweeted back

hold on wait, is that avatar real or photo shop?

ThaJokaa
12-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh its real

http://i39.tinypic.com/1j68m8.jpg

ATXtexanfan
12-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh its real

thumbs up daddy O

Kaiser Toro
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM

I'm not much on the "no respect" thing, but that is unreal. :hmmm:

We have played Sunday Night a number of times, our first game was on Sunday Night - all were on ESPN.

ChampionTexan
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh its real

...and it's spectacular!

HTown2ATX
12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
It was not mentioned at all except by Hannah Storm right before a commerical break who gave a shout out about us being division champs.

And that's probably since she is from Houston if I remember correctly, so at least the hometown girls slid us in there.

She probably got bitched out off camera for bringing up the Texans to which I say :shakeweight:

Would love to see Dominique Sachse parading around a set on ESPN...... :drool:

I miss her... :(

GP
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Tweeted back

Rep Yo Way, ThaJokaa

Blah-dow! :cowboy1:

GuerillaBlack
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Yates long was strong on No Huddle. Had a segment on grading the young QBs. Sapp and Mariuchi both gave Yates a B+. Jalen Rose gave him an A-. Swoon gave him an I for "I don't know". Pretty good.

jwmann2
12-17-2011, 08:22 PM

You've got grow your fan base to get love from the media.
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Yankees. Those are the teams they love because fans are weak minded and root for those teams.

Hervoyel
12-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Texans fans need therapy I think. Never seen a group of people more wrapped up in who does or doesn't "respect" their team.

It's a really simple equation. Win and you get respect. Win for a long time and you are entitled to respect. I love the Texans but they ain't won shit in ten years and what's worse they've spent the last three years making anybody stupid enough to predict they were gonna win look bad.

It gets better too. If they go one-and-done in the playoffs and get smoked in the process then they're starting over again next year. If they come out next year and go 6-10 for some reason (and I don't for a second believe they will) then they start over again. Consistent winning gets all this attention everybody craves.

Nobody likes bandwagon fans but guess who votes your players into the Pro Bowl (at least from the fan-side)?

That's right, bandwagon fans who know their name because they follow the team because it wins.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. If they win again Yates is going to start pulling some attention away from Tebow and god knows (no pun intended) we could all use a little less Tebow coverage.

dickieb
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
We damn sure don't deserve any respect after that shitty performance last night on their last nationally televised game of the season! I wouldn't be surprised if they never show a clip of us again, our coach and team deserves a 2 hour rant by Michael Lombardi on how "soft" we are and how bad we have stunk it up the last two weeks. Maybe if they were forced to listen to that they would play harder to shut up the criticism. I hope the team enjoys their Christmas and that they enjoy the extra time to linger in their stench. I know they have put a huge downer on the start to my holiday. 0-10 in Indy... fantastic, never swept the Colts... fantastic! I guess these Texans got too big headed after doing what they should have done which was to win a weak division, I didn't buy any division champ gear because I was afraid this would happen. Maybe it's best we don't go into the playoffs over confident with a rookie QB anyways, hopefully they wake up before then and hopefully Kubiak pulls his head out soon. Happy Christmas all! Oh yeah, and go Texans...

Lucky
12-23-2011, 12:05 PM
We damn sure don't deserve any respect after that shitty performance last night on their last nationally televised game of the season!
F them, then. What the Texans have accomplished despite injuries is one of the more compelling stories of the NFL season. If the NFLN is too dense to recognize that, they are the ones that don't deserve respect. Many teams would have quit. The Colts quit. Past Texans teams would have quit. This team didn't quit, and for the most part overachieved all year long. The 2011 Texans deserve the NFL's and their followers' respect.