PDA

View Full Version : We can beat the Patriots...

Playoffs
12-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Watched most of the Redskins/Patriots game today as I wanted to see how our offense matches up to New England...

All I'll say is this: the Texans can beat the Patriots, no doubt.

:logo:

TdotTexas2Step
12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
We can beat the Patriots at Reliant.

At Foxsboro however, we're the clear cut underdogs.

Playoffs
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Underdogs, yes, but we can beat the Patriots .... we have the technology, we have the manpower.

fiasco west
12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I think they are the worst matchup out of the other top teams in the AFC.

Balty and Pitt are the same pretty much. It'll be a low-scoring game which we can win especially at home. The Pats though...if it's a high-scoring game I just can't see Yates going toe-2-toe with Brady. We'd need a amazing game from the defense.

With that said the playoffs are so far away, we may not even play the Pats if another team gets rid of them.

DocBar
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I agree that NE is a winnable matchup either at home or on the road. Pittsburgh will likely have to come to Houston and I see us beating them. Big Ben probably wouldn't make it the whole game. I want no part of Baltimore. The kicked our ass fair and square earlier this year and we'd have to go on the road against them.

Norg
12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree i think they are weaker when just from a matchup stand point i think ravens and steelers would be tougher

But i didnt think we would be playing for a bye seed so dang i thought we we going to lose to cincy and carolina and pack it in 4 tenn but yeah we need balty or the pats two lose a game or two that would really help us out

ATXtexanfan
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
NE scares me the most, can yates score 24+

fiasco west
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I agree that NE is a winnable matchup either at home or on the road. Pittsburgh will likely have to come to Houston and I see us beating them. Big Ben probably wouldn't make it the whole game. I want no part of Baltimore. The kicked our ass fair and square earlier this year and we'd have to go on the road against them.

That's not determined yet.

They play at San Diego in a primetime game next week, they are not as good on the Road. Then they play against Cincy and Cleveland two division games.

NE has a pretty easy schedule though. Baltimore and Pittsburgh I can see dropping another game, I sure hope so.

Playoffs
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Our offense is better in every phase than the Redskins, and our defense is marginally better (today, at least).

Moss scored a late TD to tie the game that was called back on penalty, then he caught & flipped the ball to Mayo to end it. Watch the replay. Redskins made a lot of mistakes, but still gave them fits and took them down to 22 seconds left.

Rey
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
NE scares me the most, can yates score 24+

If they score 23, yes.

TexanBacker93
12-12-2011, 02:19 AM
I think they are the worst matchup out of the other top teams in the AFC.

Balty and Pitt are the same pretty much. It'll be a low-scoring game which we can win especially at home. The Pats though...if it's a high-scoring game I just can't see Yates going toe-2-toe with Brady. We'd need a amazing game from the defense.

With that said the playoffs are so far away, we may not even play the Pats if another team gets rid of them.

Sexy Rexy went toe to toe with him. Granted, it was in Washington and they did lose, but still. It's a winnable game.

TexanBacker93
12-12-2011, 02:27 AM

I wouldn't say they kicked our tails. We took a one point lead midway through the 3rd and we were within a score in the 4th with the ball. They scored 10 points in the last 5 minutes after we had a 3 and out and then gave them a short field after going for it on 4th. We made mistakes and didn't look great, but the score wasn't indicative of the game.

We also had no Andre in that game. He'll be back if we meet again in the playoffs.

Allstar
12-12-2011, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't base this just on the Pats/Skins game. With that logic, I could have watched the Rams whoop the Saints and come to a very obscure opinion of both teams.