PDA

View Full Version : All You TJ Naysayers need to STFU!!!

Stemp
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Whooooooo!!!!!

foo82
12-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Leinart is still our qb of the future

/Troll

jtexas
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
This is quite the intense thread haha.

BullNation4Life
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Alright, alright, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Schaub is still the QB of this te.....*punch to the nuts*

STFU!

The Cush
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
TJbow!!!!!! He's going to have a bigger cult following after this one!

kastofsna
12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
maybe rushing to judgment on one player after a handful of quarters, positively or negatively, isn't a good thing? history has certainly proven this.

BullNation4Life
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
maybe rushing to judgment on one player after a handful of quarters, positively or negatively, isn't a good thing? history has certainly proven this.

says the fan of a franchise that thought not preparing for Dan Marion's retirement was a "good" thing.... Hows that been working out for you the last decade or 2?

do me a favor, stand right over there...

no over there....

a little to the right...

That's it, perfect...

*kick to the nuts*

STFU!!!!

jradMIT
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
TJ YATES B!TC#e$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf
12-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I think TJ Yates has done well, I also think he has a lot to learn ...however what is the need of a thread of this? is he the next marino? elway? brady? NO.. he is Yates? let the kid develop

stingray
12-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Double post

stingray
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Agreed.. I am just excited. He still has a long ways to go. I remember Henne looked good for you guys the first few games. He is now considered a career backup.

Rey
12-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I get what the op is saying.

I didnt see to many Yates detractors here, but nationally there were quite a few.

Carr Bombed
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Yates has just as much potential as the other QBs taken in this draft...

Why not? I think it's safe to say, he's definitely NOT your typical 5th rounder. And yes, he's much MUCH better than Matt Leinart and He very well could be our future starter. Does he have his faults...you bet, but what rookie doesn't? Howerever what he does have, in spades, is.....COMPOSURE!

CretorFrigg
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Remember on that last drive when Yates was about to get sacked, but ran for 11 yards instead?

Money.

LonerATO
12-11-2011, 04:47 PM
There should be no reason why Yates should not be the back-up next year.

CretorFrigg
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM

If Yates wins the Super Bowl for us, would he still be the back-up?

stingray
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Yates has just as much potential as the other QBs taken in this draft...

Why not? I think it's safe to say, he's definitely NOT your typical 5th rounder. And yes, he's much MUCH better than Matt Leinart and we very well could be our future starter. Does he have his faults...you bet, but what rookie doesn't? Howerever what he does have, in spades, is.....COMPOSURE!

That is why ESPN spent like 10 minutes talking about him in the fifth round. They kept talking about his composure and pocket awareness.

Carr Bombed
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM

I'm pretty sure he's already got that job locked up....he might screw around and push for another. Ol' Schauby is due for a new contract pretty soon ain't he?

fiasco west
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
If he can just keep his passes down...he makes all the right decisions...

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 04:56 PM

He sure as hell won't be the #3.

LonerATO
12-11-2011, 04:56 PM

That is wishful thinking and I'm not sure.

D1DAVE
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok I had to work during the game. Kinda was watching on the cell phone via nfl 2011 app. Looks like from the stats that Kubiak let the offense do the talking. 26 of 44 in passing and over 300 yards. Sounds like T J had a pretty good day. Quite the cliffhanger at the end. Hard to tell on a cell phone. Yeesh I never work Sunday.

Premier
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
yates is everything schaub isnt.. we can keep giving schaub the ball and watch him fail over and over in situations just like this.. or they can make a stand and send him to a qb hungry team next year for some high draft picks...

Premier
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Ok I had to work during the game. Kinda was watching on the cell phone via nfl 2011 app. Looks like from the stats that Kubiak let the offense do the talking. 26 of 44 in passing and over 300 yards. Sounds like T J had a pretty good day. Quite the cliffhanger at the end. Hard to tell on a cell phone. Yeesh I never work Sunday.

man in 2009 i had a terrible job working sunday mornings.. used to try and catch some of the game in the break room..

texansdrummer
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-11-texans-vs-bengals/texans7.jpg

BlueSteel
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Watching Yates bounce back from mistakes is probably the best thing I have seen from him. He looks like a seasoned vet out there and this is his second NFL game.

Cannot wait to see what Yates can do for us!

DBCooper
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
If he can just keep his passes down...he makes all the right decisions...

This is my problem with him too, he's gotta stop throwing those college fluff balls!

Put some zip in your zinger TJ!!!!!

Premier
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
schaub apologist seem to be holding onto something. what it is, i dont know.. all you have to do is watch the game and see for yourself that TJ is everything schaub wishes he could be.. everything we the fans wished schaub could be..

Wolf
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
goodness people come out in droves

Scooter
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
schaub apologist seem to be holding onto something. what it is, i dont know.. all you have to do is watch the game and see for yourself that TJ is everything schaub wishes he could be.. everything we the fans wished schaub could be..

schaub was on pace for another 4000 yard season and as the starter we were AFC favorites, in a year that the running game was dominating. i've been as high on TJ as anyone, but to ignore what schaub does is just plain ignorant.

jjjezebel
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/dec-11-texans-vs-bengals/texans7.jpg
Best. Picture. Ever.

Love it!

Premier
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
but to ignore what schaub does is just plain ignorant.

ive seen what schaub does for years now. fantasy god, folds under pressure..

Double Barrel
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I've liked this QB ever since his off-the-bench two minute drill for a FG to start his pro career. He's only reinforced my perception of him since then. These two games were won by a team. And he plays as an important part as any other position. His clutch performance is what really gives me confidence. Combined with the running game, AJ, and the bull rush defense, I'm nothing but optimistic at the moment!

ziggy29
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I've liked this QB ever since his off-the-bench two minute drill for a FG to start his pro career. He's only reinforced my perception of him since then. These two games were won by a team. And he plays as an important part as any other position. His clutch performance is what really gives me confidence. Combined with the running game, AJ, and the bull rush defense, I'm nothing but optimistic at the moment!
Obviously he has a lot more to prove, but what I like most about Yates is that he seems to have all the "intangibles" that are important and can't be taught -- they are just instinctive.

His coolness in the two minute drills -- today and a couple weeks ago -- his release and presence in the pocket, his ability to "feel" a rush he can't see and move around to extend the play, these aren't easily coached. You have these abilities or you don't. They are largely innate. Seems that Yates has them, and the deficiencies I see in his game seem largely coachable.

foo82
12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
TJ seems better than schaub under pressure in these situations. In an every down situation for the first 3 quarters, I would still prefer Schaub. When was the last time we were losing by this much before halftime? Schaub executes very well.