PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mr. White
12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
1st play of the game @ CIN.

He ran a lazy route on a sure TD strike....AGAIN. Beautiful throw by Yates and Jones was running the route like he didn't think he'd get the ball.

I've seen enough. Get this guy outta here.

:wadepalm:

Thorn
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
With AJ out, he's our deep threat right now. Hopefull Tate will connect with him sometime today.

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Need to take a WR in the first round.

TimeKiller
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
You know you have a hands issue when you are a body catcher and a ball drops down into your numbers and you can't hang on to it. How big of a mistake was it to IR Lestar Jean?

TexansBull
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM

This. Everyone agrees.

You know you have a hands issue when you are a body catcher and a ball drops down into your numbers and you can't hang on to it. How big of a mistake was it to IR Lestar Jean?

Was he IR'd because he wouldn't last on the practice squad or because there was a real injury?

jtexas
12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
He plays like a rookie with potential. Yet he will never live up to that potential, it just happens randomly.

Mr. White
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
He plays like a rookie with potential. Yet he will never live up to that potential, it just happens randomly.

He was at his best his first couple years when he was the #3 after AJ and Kevin Walter. He showed plenty of potential back then.

Fast forward to this year and he's supposed to be the #1 and it's obvious that he doesn't want the job. The writing was on the wall after the Raiders game when he got 11 targets and only caught one pass for 9 yards.

I'm not sure what his problem is. I've heard rumors about him spending too much time at the clubs and it seems like every August there's a Chron article about how he's gotten serious about the upcoming season.

I think we need that and to also bring in some FA's and overhaul the position. Jacoby's a knucklehead, Walter's old, and Mason's really old. I'd like to see a 1st-rounder and a FA pickup like the Cowboys got with Laurent Robinson.

Carr Bombed
12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
He was at his best his first couple years when he was the #3 after AJ and Kevin Walter. He showed plenty of potential back then.

Fast forward to this year and he's supposed to be the #1 and it's obvious that he doesn't want the job. The writing was on the wall after the Raiders game when he got 11 targets and only caught one pass for 9 yards.

I'm not sure what his problem is. I've heard rumors about him spending too much time at the clubs and it seems like every August there's a Chron article about how he's gotten serious about the upcoming season.

I think we need that and to also bring in some FA's and overhaul the position. Jacoby's a knucklehead, Walter's old, and Mason's really old. I'd like to see a 1st-rounder and a FA pickup like the Cowboys got with Laurent Robinson.

His problem is that he sucks and he doesn't want to be great...he's content. As a receiver he's already fat and happy. A.J. is one of the best in the league and still busts his ass to try to improve...Jacoby is just happy to be on a NFL roster. That's why this guy has ALWAYS been nothing, but potential and never comes close to improving towards reaching that potential.

It's cut bait time with Jacoby Jones. What a complete waste of time, he should've been gone after last season, but for some reason our team thought it was a good idea to pass up other FA WRs and bring this lazy loser back.

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 01:41 PM
1st play of the game @ CIN.

He ran a lazy route on a sure TD strike....AGAIN. Beautiful throw by Yates and Jones was running the route like he didn't think he'd get the ball.

I've seen enough. Get this guy outta here.

:wadepalm:

That's bull shit, all the way around. Jacoby was way ahead of his defender, that's a TD if Yates throws the ball ahead of him.

He had to slow down, turn around to have a chance.

He should have caught that ball, I'm not saying any difference there..... but lazy route, perfect throw.....

I don't think so.

Mr. White
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
That's bull shit, all the way around. Jacoby was way ahead of his defender, that's a TD if Yates throws the ball ahead of him.

He should have caught that ball, I'm not saying any difference there..... but lazy route, perfect throw.....

I don't think so.

So that ball was underthown? LMAO

CretorFrigg
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM

I don't think so.

No, on the play he was talking about, Yates overthrew Jacoby.

Carr Bombed
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM

I don't think so.

Yeah, but do you know what's not bullshit? The fact that Jacoby sucks as a NFL wide receiver.

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but do you know what's not bullshit? The fact that Jacoby sucks as a NFL wide receiver.

Eh....

Carr Bombed
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Eh....

....so you're saying he's good?

TimeKiller
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Was he IR'd because he wouldn't last on the practice squad or because there was a real injury?
From what I remember it was injury but not necessarily season ending. A shoulder or something where he wouldn't be able to play until late in the season. Or how about cutting Dickerson loose? We could use better athletes than Mason or B Johnson. Walter is still a good receiver, he's not a probowler or anything but a decent 3rd option. They really need somebody to stand tall across from AJ and it's never been Jones. Hopefully between the draft and maybe a guy like Jean or Tolliver coming up the ranks we'll see less of Jacoby "Potential" Jones.

ATXtexanfan
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't think so.

rep

ATXtexanfan
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM

not good but no AJ, jj is what he is. its like expecting schaub to be elite

Scooter
12-11-2011, 04:24 PM
i've done all i can to defend jacoby as a playmaker who can be huge for us if used as such, but i've got nothing left. lazy routes, bad routes, bad hands, poor timing, and simply isnt getting it done. his biggest contribution to the texans this season is a couple of bombs and flopping for PI calls. i would honestly rather see trindon holliday in for the plays that jacoby is getting.

rickyb
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I learned nothing new about Jacoby in this game. He continues to underwhelm. Were I the QB, he is not a reliable option for me. Seems to me a game cannot go by where he: a) makes a pedestrian catch, and then does a shimmy dance or reminds everyone it is a first down, or b) drops something in his bread basket. A lot.

Even on the PI play on the final drive, my first reaction was one of disgust as he was on the ground yelling/begging for the flag. Regardless of whether he was right, he just bugs.

Cut bait at the end of the year.

burro
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I have to agree, Jacoby was the one dim spot in what simply an amazing show of will and determination today. How much cap room would we save if we sent him on his way? I get the feeling we'll need some help in that department.

houstonspartan
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Since we're basically right at the salary cap, I expect a major salary dump at the end of the season. Hopefully, Jacoby will be at the job of the cut list. Enough already.

imatexan
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
We don't have any better options right now.

Mason? He sucks and dropped passes today, at least JJ is hit or miss not just a complete miss!

I am only talking about our options right now not the future.

ObsiWan
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I have to agree, Jacoby was the one dim spot in what simply an amazing show of will and determination today. How much cap room would we save if we sent him on his way? I get the feeling we'll need some help in that department.

No, Tate's fumble on the two was the dim spot today. Jacoby did nothing that bad.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM
With special day like this, just let it go.

Go Texans!!! AFC South Champions!!!

Premier
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM

we'll use one of the picks we get for schaub to draft a WR.. most likely blackmon..

one can wish..

burro
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
No, Tate's fumble on the two was the dim spot today. Jacoby did nothing that bad.

In terms of "making mistakes", perhaps you're right. However, Tate didn't give up in today's game and, like the rest of the team showed a great deal of will in helping us win. Jacoby Jones never seemed to have shown up today. "Lazy" describes his play today pretty well.

TheMatrix31
12-11-2011, 05:45 PM
not good but no AJ, jj is what he is. its like expecting schaub to be elite

Schaub is helluva lot closer to being elite than Jacoby Jones is to being good.

That said, he had a couple important plays down the stretch, so good for him.

PHAROAH
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Man this dude has had to many chances and another bad decision by Gary Kubiak by keeping a guy around who is not consistent on the playing field, I hold my breath every time we throw him the ball because you don't if he will catch the ball or drop it or tip and it gets picked off.

thunderkyss
12-11-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm saying he's not a number one, but he's earning his pay-check as the #3, stretch the field guy.

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
we'll use one of the picks we get for schaub to draft a WR.. most likely blackmon..

one can wish..

It's my dream scenario that I think has a small chance of happening. You know a team up there is going to need a QB.

*puts hands in praying position*

Please God, make it happen and let Yates continue to beast.

Rey
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I'd like to see jacoby and Walter split time at the number 3 with some occasional reps at #2.

Get a legit #2 in the draft and keep all those guys fresh, including aj.

Corrosion
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
So that ball was underthown? LMAO

Yes , it was. Go back and watch the replay .... he had to pull up , it also allowed the defender to interfere with the catch. A little more air under that throw and it's 6. (Pending JJ catches it .... LOL)

Rey
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
The ball wasn't underthrown.

It may not have been perfectly out in front but jacoby didn't really have to break stride.

It was not a perfect throw, but that was a long pass. It hit jacoby in the hands.

It was a really good ball. Jacoby should have caught it.

An underthrown ball is a ball that a receiver has to stop for or come back for. Not a ball that a receiver doesn't really have to break stride on.

Mr. White
01-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Bump.

stingray
01-15-2012, 12:18 PM
What a dumbass. Totally changed this game.

Texans34Life
01-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Any other game, I don't give a ****.

But in a playoff game? Kubiak should take a timeout just to write up a pink slip for his sorry ass.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
OMG, fire his ass. That is the most boneheaded move JJ has ever done, and THAT's saying something.

I friggin' cannot stand JJ.

BigTimeTexanFan
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
What a dumbass. Totally changed this game.

Exactly what I screamed at the TV.

Mr. White
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Jacoby's the real 12th Man.

GP
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM
He should ride the bench the rest of the game. Total momentum changing moment. Easy TD for Ravens.

Then our offense came out and looked dazed.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I was really upset when we brought him back this season. He just doesn't fit here and needs a change of scenery. I thought he would have done well in a place like Pitt or Oakland where the deep ball is more of a staple in the offense

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 12:39 PM
OK, now I want Kubiak fired for putting JJ back out there. What a ****ing moron.

Mr. White
01-15-2012, 12:40 PM
I have no words.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Wrong thread

houstonspartan
01-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Why did Kubiak put Jacoby BACK in the game after benching him?

Look, it's time to face the hard truth about Jacoby: he's inconsistent. He has flashes of brilliance, but that is it. He drops passes in the playoffs.

Rey
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Jacoby has to go. Hes a moron. You cannot be so fuccin dumb. What were you trying to do jacoby? You spotted them 7 points *******.

Mr teX
01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Why did Kubiak put Jacoby BACK in the game after benching him?

Look, it's time to face the hard truth about Jacoby: he's inconsistent. He has flashes of brilliance, but that is it. He drops passes in the playoffs.

i wouldn't even call them "brilliance". he's just made a damn decent play every now and then. woopty frickin' do! he's terrible & regardless of the outcome of this game/season..he's gotta go.

JamesBill
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
He is a guy who can run fast. Cut him. We should be winning right now.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 01:36 PM
The number 1 reason to let him go.

So I can say JJ without people wondering if I'm talking about Jacoby Jones, JJ Watt, or Jonathan Joseph.

(I'd rather default JJ to Watt)

Texan_Bill
01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Jacoby's Gotta Go

Oh, do you think so doctor???? ~ Boogie Nights

That said, unfortunately the Texans signed him to a ridiculous contract!!! THAT SUCKS!!!

ChrisG
01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Should have been replaced last year. He has been bad with the occasional good play.

RTP2110
01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Looking at the replay again, I don't think he ever intended to field it. But because he didn't get out of the way, the ball bounced right to him and he had no choice. Moronic anyway you slice it.

Thorn
01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Should have been replaced last year. He has been bad with the occasional good play.

And that's the problem. He continually screws up, but yet shows enough flash every now and then to almost make you forget.

gafftop
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Man this dude has had to many chances and another bad decision by Gary Kubiak by keeping a guy around who is not consistent on the playing field, I hold my breath every time we throw him the ball because you don't if he will catch the ball or drop it or tip and it gets picked off.

This is what upsets me the most about Kubiak. He may not be able to control his players on the field but he damn sure can determine who is playing or on the team. We would not have Wade if it wasn't forced on him. Just the fact that Jacoby is still on this team and a starter is insane.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 01:53 PM
And now we're treated to a classic Jacoby Jones play, wherein he loses yards on a punt return. Why is he still on the field? Oh, that's right - we have a nidiot running the show.

Mr. White
01-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Negative yardage punt return.

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Muthereffer!!! When he's not busy muffing punts this sorry p.o.s. is returning kicks for minus yardage!!!! Package jacoby and Kareem for the 32nd pick of the 7th round.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh, do you think so doctor???? ~ Boogie Nights

That said, unfortunately the Texans signed him to a ridiculous contract!!! THAT SUCKS!!!

Should cost us 2Million to get rid of him, But I think we'd save that on salary anyway

darnbni99a
01-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Been saying this for almost 2 yrs now....smh....

Dutchrudder
01-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Should cost us 2Million to get rid of him, But I think we'd save that on salary anyway

Where do you get 2 mill from? Last I read on JJs deal he can be cut outright next year with no money owed.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 02:28 PM
His contract he signed in the offseason was 3 million garunteed for 3 years, So 1 mil should have been knocked off this season

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4239/jacoby-jones

midway
01-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Jeez he's bad.

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for recovering the fumble jacoby.

You still suck

Dutchrudder
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
His contract he signed in the offseason was 3 million garunteed for 3 years, So 1 mil should have been knocked off this season

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4239/jacoby-jones

On my phone now so I can't look it up, but I'm pretty sure he signed a 9 mill deal and gets 3 a year.

gafftop
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Jacoby is probably gone this year but you never know he was still here this year. As much as I despise KJ never looking around he probably will be here next year.

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Get rid of this scrub.

ChrisG
01-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Jacoby Jones costing the texans a shot at the super bowl. I love how most on this board have been calling for a change since last year. Kubes only learns the hard way.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
On my phone now so I can't look it up, but I'm pretty sure he signed a 9 mill deal and gets 3 a year.

Its 9 million total, 3 mil in bonus, I was only stating the bonus, which is what we would owe him to run him out of town

Mari-OWNED!
01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Draft Kendall Wright, and send Jacoby Jones back to his momma in New Orleans.

Bigbots_02
Im a VERY optimistic person when it comes to the texans and when it comes to players and coaches Im forgiving... So may even say too forgiving. With that said... To HELL with Jacoby Jones!!! I say we draft WR in the draft to replace his stupid @$$!!!

silvrhand
Draft a WR is the first round, that should be our #1 priority..

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Jacoby is the only one that needs to be leaving. Texans need to draft and sign a free agent WR this offseason. Sucks to be in the offseason again, but it was a good season.

SmoochyTX
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Jacoby has got to go.

SmoochyTX
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
So how much would Jacoby need to be paid to exit stadium right permanently?

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/880927/jacoby.gif

F that guy!! Seriously...

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
We need #2 and #3 WRs ..... Rick!

TheMatrix31
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
If he ever steps foot in Houston again, he should be picked up and thrown into the Gulf of Mexico.

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Jacoby Jones

1st punt:
Turnover inside our red zone near the goal line

2nd punt:
Muffed

3rd punt:
Fumbles, but fortunately, out of bounds

4th punt:
Loses 5 yards

Texn4life
01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Exactly!

But Jacoby needs to go.

Yeah, Jacoby needs to ride the bus home in my opinion. He picked the one game to make the dumbest plays he's made all year. It's one thing to not catch the ball when its thrown to you, but its a complete embarrassment to put his team in the positions he did today with his mistakes. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I know I was that bone headed while the rest of my team was fighting their tails off.

TimeKiller
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
They need to add not only a WR but a guy who can return kicks too. ANd I mean return kicks like I could give an absolute rats ass if all he ever did was fair catch the ball.

Get this guy outta here.

Trail.Blazr
In the biggest game, Jacoby sure stepped in it today.

He'll have to take some medicine, as it's practically impossible to defend his play today.

It's one thing to play poor, but an entirely different thing to play dumb. I have a feeling we've seen the last of him... but you never know.

mariowillshine15
Yeah, Jacoby needs to ride the bus home in my opinion. He picked the one game to make the dumbest plays he's made all year. It's one thing to not catch the ball when its thrown to you, but its a complete embarrassment to put his team in the positions he did today with his mistakes. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I know I was that bone headed while the rest of my team was fighting their tails off.

Except JJ fumbled his bus pass so he'd have to walk home.

Im sure the people of Baltimore would welcome him with open arms.

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM
i hope all the bad things in life happen to jacoby jones and nobody else but him

TheMatrix31
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
In the biggest game, Jacoby sure stepped in it today.

He'll have to take some medicine, as it's practically impossible to defend his play today.

It's one thing to play poor, but an entirely different thing to play dumb. I have a feeling we've seen the last of him... but you never know.

Hope I never see him in the NFL again. His presence infuriates me.

4Texans
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
McClain_on_NFL John McClain
I forgot to give props to Jacoby Jones for falling on Foster's fumble. That's his first good play.
58 minutes ago

gwallaia
01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
And another thing, ..... Jacoby is a terrible and lazy route runner.

XI CMURDER IX
01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Jones could always go to the Arena Football League. Then again, it requires you to field kicks off a net... not sure how that would work out if he can't even hold on to a regular one.

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Draft a WR is the first round, that should be our #1 priority..

We can get a good one in the draft if we package our first and Mario.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
We can get a good one in the draft if we package our first and Mario.

This Draft is WR heavy, There will be good ones available without having to trade.

Cutting JJ will cost us little to nothing, We'll have to pay his remaining 2million Bonus, but we'd save the 2 mill in salary for next season

TheMatrix31
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
And we'd save the team from his ****ty ass, detrimental presence.

Cut him as soon as you can. Leave him in Baltimore, tied up without any money or cell phone for all I care. He deserves it. I don't know if I've ever seen any one player have a worse game for the Texans. And that includes Carr.

gwallaia
01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know if I've ever seen any one player have a worse game for the Texans. And that includes Carr.

Rosencopter is still #1 followed by Jacoby in a distant second.

dc_txtech
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Anybody remember when he almost lost the game for us against Tennessee with a muffed punt? He muffed it straight up into the air then got crushed by the Titans gunner but some weird rule stated that he didn't have a fair chance to catch the ball. People seem to forget that horrible play because we lucked out with the penalty flag.

I wish the guy no ill will but he needs to pack his bags and find another job.

TheMatrix31
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM
If that mother****er did ANYTHING against the Raiders, we might have won, and we might have been playing at home this week after a first round bye.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Rosencopter is still #1 followed by Jacoby in a distant second.

I'm still scarred by Rosencopter, but it wasn't a playoff game. JJ to the #1 spot, IMO.

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM

amazing80
01-15-2012, 04:23 PM
:kubepalm: God I hate Jones

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM

RIP Texans' season.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 04:30 PM

Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM

Really tempted to neg rep that, but I guess I won't shoot the messenger. ;)

Really don't want to keep watching that play for the next 8 months, though.

Kimmy
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380467_293642994017639_100001158217620_817179_1490 20939_n.jpg

Kimmy
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380467_293642994017639_100001158217620_817179_1490 20939_n.jpg

False Start
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/496652567.jpg

amazing80
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Me too. I can't believe we payed that fool and let our Pro Bowl FB go to the team that just knocked us out of the playoffs. That was an exceptionally bad decision.

Well i will not go that far, sure we shouldn't have paid him, but I am ok with not signing Leach still, he did not beat us today, hell we shut the run game DOWN, and Arian is great without him, but we could have used the money on a wideout somehow....a different one

ObsiWan
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM

F that guy!! Seriously...

We should all negative rep you for making us relive that ugly moment.
:kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
01-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Jacoby Jones

1st punt:
Turnover inside our red zone near the goal line

2nd punt:
Muffed

3rd punt:
Fumbles, but fortunately, out of bounds

4th punt:
Loses 5 yards

That brings me to the next question............In the last minutes of the game, when the game was on the line, why was HE still put back there to return this last critical punt? In his career, Manning has returned punts as well as kicks..........and don't tell me, under this critical circumstance, they were worried that they would wear Manning out.:kubepalm:

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Unless this dumbanimal pulls me out oh a burning building I'll never forgive his saorry a$$. And if he did pull me out he'd probably drop me down a flight of stairs. Go away forever you effing bum.

False Start
01-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I want to give a shout out to Jacoby with this song (http://youtu.be/byEGjLU2egA). Here's lookin at you bud. :D

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
osmosis jones > jacoby jones

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking Jerome Simpson in Free Agency and Dwight Jones in the Draft

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 05:49 PM
All of this piling on Jacoby ain't right.

Did he flub it? Yes.

Should we part ways? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

It's easy to pile on, run with the mob --- try takng the high road.

I wish him well with his next team.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Did he flub it? Yes.

But I promise you the kid is beside himself with shame and already beating the heck out of himself. I wouldn't wish the offseason he will have on anyone.

If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.

Luv_ya_blue
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Jacoby's muffed punt isn't the only reason he should be sent packing...and it's not even the BEST reason that he should be sent packing. The guy makes TERRIBLE DECISIONS as a return man. His first step on PR is almost always a side move...which then leads to a neg yardage move. He fielded the ball on the 26 yd line today and got tackled on the 20...and that was just ONE PLAY. He sucks, plain and simple. And one or two occasional "big plays" isn't even close to a good enough reason to keep him around.

Sorry if I'm piling on to Mr. Jacoby "SKILLET HANDS" Jones...but it is what it is. So, in short...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/92801_o.gif

fiasco west
01-15-2012, 06:25 PM

Did he flub it? Yes.

As long as his next time ain't the Titans, Colts, or Jag I wish him well. Seems like a cool dude but still we should part ways with him and I doubt he'll make the team any ways.

Andre
Walter
Draft pick
Lestar Jean
Jacoby

He's going to be fighting for a 4th/5th spot as a wr possibly against Jean who looked really good in preseason.

steelbtexan
01-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Why didn't Gary let Manning KR/PR.

I understand thar Gary didn't want to Manning to get hurt.

But it's the playoffs. With the way Jacoby was sucking Manning should've been the KR/PR.

Hopefully we've seen the last of Jacoby Jones.

Good riddance

BTW, I'm so proud of the Texans. Thanks for giving your all.

Pantherstang84
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-XG0HzLJQP0s/TxN8LdXwRaI/AAAAAAAAACE/zW5hBiafcQk/w273-h257-k/weakest_link.jpg

Jacoby Jones you are the Weakest Link! Goodbye.

srrono
01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
anceZierlein Lance Zierlein
Even before this game, I would have been surprised to see Jacoby back. Only 1 yr guaranteed on his 3 yr deal

XI CMURDER IX
01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.

GP
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Did he flub it? Yes.

Ian Howfield.

Jacoby almost entered Ian Howfield territory, except for one guy making a flub at the beginning of the game and one guy making a flub at the end of the game. Otherwise, and unfortunately so, the two guys are sharing in Houston Pro Football legacy/lore that is what it is.

It's a strange feeling to think that this team could overcome so much adversity and play above their heads for practically the whole season, how we could have legitimate chances to get to a SB, and Jacoby Jones committed such a heinous error considering where he was, who was facing him, and how little chance he would have to make any sort of positive yards out of it HAD HE HELD ONTO IT.

He's been flirting with that little last-second pickup of the ball the past few games. It bit him, and us, in the ass today. Despite Yates interceptions, we could have won this game with better special teams play. Period.

And I think this is why there's a thread about Special Teams and Joe Marciano. But Kubiak is loyal, and he won't shake it up unless told to by Bob via Rick Smith.

Wolf6151
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Did he flub it? Yes.

There's just something therapeutic about expressing all your anger/rage at the guy everyone feels cost us the game. Right or wrong it just feels good. The Texans should put Jacoby on suicide watch. I'd hate to be him right now as well.

Lauren
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Our wide recievers in a nutshell-

Andre Johnson - Elite
Kevin Walter - Above average
Jacoby Jones - Average

Do we even have anyone past that? A 4th wide receiver that is? Not counting all of our tight ends.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about Bryant Johnson! Who is a little below average. We need someone like Julio Jones in this upcoming draft or to sign in free agency.
You're being generous by giving Jacoby average status.

**** him.

houstonspartan
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Did he flub it? Yes.

Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Sorry, but, dropping a ball in the playoffs is unacceptable. Period.

JamesBill
01-15-2012, 07:50 PM
below average wr
bricks for hands
dough for brains
elite speed

buh bye

Mr. Texan
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
am i the only one who does not see jj's speed?

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.

amazing80
01-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, yeah, ok, I'm sure he's feeling bad right now.

So?

He has had waaaaaaaay too many chances, and has been paid waaaaaay too much money.

Not to mention, its not like he is on this site

he should be :pissed:

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
I understand it is only natural to focus on mistakes. But:

Jacoby Jones: 31 catches, 512 yards 16.5 ypc 2 TDs
Kevin Walter: 39 catches, 474 yards 12.2 ypc 3 TDs

one guy is getting $3Million a year, the other guy is getting $5M or so.

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM

shhhh...... Arian fumbled one to..... only difference is that Jacoby covered Arian's fumble & no one was any where close to being able to cover Jacoby's

amazing80
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM

I'd keep the cheap guy, & replace the more expensive guy with someone who can produce like a $5M player.

Cut them both, use the money to sign D Bowe or R Wayne and draft one in rd 1.

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd like to baste Jacoby Jones in BBQ sauce and send him to an island full of cannibals ..... :bat:

houstonspartan
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
below average wr
bricks for hands
dough for brains
elite speed

buh bye

Problem is, Gary likes him.

Now that Gary has hit the playoffs, he's likely to give Jacoby a massive raise.

Kubiak doesn't care that Jacoby is not that good.

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Problem is, Gary likes him.

Now that Gary has hit the playoffs, he's likely to give Jacoby a massive raise.

Kubiak doesn't care that Jacoby is not that good.

You dont know your ass from a hole in the ground ...... :mariopalm:

TexanExile
01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
If this were an uncommon occurrence, I'd agree with you. I've been banging the "Fire Jacoby Jones" drum for a long time, though. He sucks as a WR and he isn't even a good punt returner. Take a look at his punt return stats from this year - plenty of tries, bad average. When you pair up poor performance with game changing mistakes .... well, the mob is justified.

This. I would be mad if he had a bad game. It isn't just this game. This season he is to the team what KJ was last year, except this year the goat label mattered a lot more.

True that the loss is not 100% on him. But he was conspicuously consistent as the face of the loss for 4 quarters and usually those moments were him standing alone.

Furthermore, fair or not, he needs to go because Texans fans will never forget what happened. Some will hate him. Personally I just don't want to have to cover my eyes every time we're about to receive a punt and at this point that is pretty much what it's come to.

steelbtexan
01-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Cut them both, use the money to sign D Bowe or R Wayne and draft one in rd 1.

^^^^
This

Or rd 3/5

steelbtexan
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM
I'd like to baste Jacoby Jones in BBQ sauce and send him to an island full of cannibals ..... :bat:

Me too

Nice to meet you Rob.

Had a great time.

Lets do it again next yr.

Chance_C
01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
shhhh...... Arian fumbled one to..... only difference is that Jacoby covered Arian's fumble & no one was any where close to being able to cover Jacoby's

Not the only difference....Jacoby should have never tried to field that punt. That's it, my only negative post of the day.

CloakNNNdagger
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM

How bout just some honey glaze with generous sprinkling of bees.:)

SteveSlaton20
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I hate Jones so much.

CloakNNNdagger
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM

people say he's fast but he does not look that fast on tv to me. he get's run down almost every time he tries to run sideways.

Most people do when they lose track of direction.:kubepalm:

rickyb
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Exactly what I screamed at the TV.

EXACTLY what I screamed at the TV. "What a dumb***!"

And then was berated by my spouse for cursing within earshot of the kiddos. Not my proudest moment.

Jacoby must go. He may not have lost the game, but that one play, so early on, definitely killed our momo. I am just done with this guy. Have been for some time.

JEAN is on IR, right? There is free agency. There is the draft.

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM

The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.

He has amazing straight line speed .... Its the acceleration and lateral quickness thats lacking.

Me too

Nice to meet you Rob.

Had a great time.

Lets do it again next yr.

Despite the outcome I had a good time .... Great season all things considered. We'll damn sure do it again next year.

How bout just some honey glaze with generous sprinkling of bees.:)

The bee's might keep the cannibals away .... Jacoby getting eaten by cannibals ensures he's not able to screw us again. :truck:

Chance_C
01-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I hate Jones so much.

Maybe it's all the beer that I've drank, but I don't hate him. Or maybe it's the way I was raised. Either way, cut his ass now!

darnbni99a
01-15-2012, 09:49 PM

yes...and post the video on youtube

gary
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Jacoby needs to go as a matter of fact he should have been gone long ago but most of these posts are ridiculous and just as bad as his own play today. Grow up people just grow up.

kingh99
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe it's all the beer that I've drank, but I don't hate him. Or maybe it's the way I was raised. Either way, cut his ass now!

He's gone. His proclivity to try and avoid contact by running sideways or backwards plus his weak-mindedness has to have sealed it for him. Did Kubiak even mention him by name since the game was over? I would be surprised if he answered a question about Jones and said his name, first or last. Just a hunch and hope I'm right.

steelbtexan
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Jacoby needs to go as a matter of fact he should have been gone long ago but most of these posts are ridiculous and just as bad as his own play today. Grow up people just grow up.

Missed you today

gary
01-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Missed you todayI left no tables to be had. Was NOT to happy. They lost but it's over and done but reflect on the good season and hope that Jones is replaced next season. Move on.

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Who knows what would have happened if Jacoby didn't do what he did. Texans may not have scored in the drive, but at least the Ravens would not have been spotted seven points. Really can't stand the guy. Sign a free agent WR and draft another in the first and mid rounds.

gary
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Is it really worth wishing him ill will over? NO.

texansdrummer
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
There's just something therapeutic about expressing all your anger/rage at the guy everyone feels cost us the game. Right or wrong it just feels good. The Texans should put Jacoby on suicide watch. I'd hate to be him right now as well.

If JJ was stupid enough to do the things he did today, he's fully capable of not transferring said events into anything "suicidal". If it was something that could warrant "suicide", it wouldn't have happened to begin with.

NitroGSXR
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Sorry but I can't approve of all this hate. People actually want to hurt him. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't fear for his life just because he tried. He just... didn't work out so let's just cut him and move forward.

As for placing blame SQUARELY on JJ... The Texans are known for trotting out Slaton at KR repeatedly, sticking with Brown, and tallying up an infinite number of blocks in the back. This is a coaching issue.

I wish we would fire Joe Marciano and have felt that way since he couldn't solve the new NFL rules regarding the wedge.

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 10:15 PM

Who has wished him ill? Most people just want him cut.

burro
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry but I can't approve of all this hate. People actually want to hurt him. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't fear for his life just because he tried. He just... didn't work out so let's just cut him and move forward.

As for placing blame SQUARELY on JJ... The Texans are known for trotting out Slaton at KR repeatedly, sticking with Brown, and tallying up an infinite number of blocks in the back. This is a coaching issue.

I wish we would fire Joe Marciano and have felt that way since he couldn't solve the new NFL rules regarding the wedge.

Agreed, our special teams haven't been truly worth a damn since the days of
Jerome Mathis. I would like to see some degree of focus on our special teams this offseason.

gary
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
i hope all the bad things in life happen to jacoby jones and nobody else but him

And we'd save the team from his ****ty ass, detrimental presence.

Cut him as soon as you can. Leave him in Baltimore, tied up without any money or cell phone for all I care. He deserves it. I don't know if I've ever seen any one player have a worse game for the Texans. And that includes Carr.

Hope I never see him in the NFL again. His presence infuriates me.

Unless this dumbanimal pulls me out oh a burning building I'll never forgive his saorry a$$. And if he did pull me out he'd probably drop me down a flight of stairs. Go away forever you effing bum.Want more?

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Want more?

Okay, three of those posts you quoted were wishing him ill.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
I understand that the numbers add up (JJ's mistake cost us 7, we lost by 7) but I don't think for a minute that his mistake cost us the game. I think it was one in a long list of reasons why he shouldn't be here anymore. It's more akin to the straw that broke the camels back.

The guy has been screwing up regularly for years and making a play every now and then to keep from getting run off. Nobody would be piling on if the Texans had gotten rid of him when they needed to.

The end result is that this year he made three more starts than last season and managed to catch 20 fewer passes. When AJ went down he was exactly as useless as I expected him to be. Now, in what was clearly the biggest game of his career and in the Texans decade of existence he not only doesn't catch a single pass proving yet again that calling him a "wide receiver" is like some sort of colossal joke but he can't even reliably handle punt return duties. That was supposed to be the saving grace of keeping this guy on the roster. His "dangerous return game" can't be discounted right?

Right.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Want more?

Okay, three of those posts you quoted were wishing him ill.

But note: mine was not. I just want him gone..... like I've wanted him gone for the past two years.

gary
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Okay, three of those posts you quoted were wishing him ill.And hate too.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 10:41 PM
And hate too.

I don't hate the guy. I just hate his game. I think he is a fool because he does things like injure himself trying to show off and that stupid little "I'm so bad, look at me" walk he like to do on the rare occasions that he does something good.

Having him instead of a real WR to compliment AJ cost us dearly this season.

But I don't hate Jacoby. Jacoby didn't give himself way too much money or keep penciling himself into a roster spot that he wasn't worthy of. Just like David Carr didn't pick himself 1st overall (and I don't hate him for that) Jacoby didn't put himself in this position deep in over his head.

The Texans did that. Today the Texans paid for that. I say "The Texans" because I don't know if it's a Gary thing, a Rick thing, or what. I just know someone there keeps seeing something in Jacoby Jones that doesn't exist.

Scooter
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
i'm not going to go as overboard to be hateful, but i agree with the title ... and in that regard i was wrong. i missed with slaton as a homerun hitter, and now again with jacoby. funny enough that i typically hate that type of all or nothing player, but i supported and defended the resigning of jacoby. now that the season is over ... i am comfortable calling him a waste of money.

i thought that he would grow by getting into his second contract. i thought he would age during the lockout. kubiak set the tone and made him an example on a few occasions. jones has had time to figure it out and the authority figures in place to hammer it home. he has his momma in the stands (and likely here too), but he just cant get his head on straight. lazy, undisciplined, unfocused ... it's just not going to happen.

i was wrong. we need to replace one player more than any other next season, and it's jacoby at both receiver and returner.

Countreekidd
01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
edit: erased this response

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Want more?

He's a bum. My post and feelings were clear. No threats no ill will wished. He's a bum and I hope he never catches another pass or fields another punt for this team. Which isn't much of a stretch since there's a good chance he wouldn't do either even if he remained a Texan with his lobster claw hands. He Sux if you don't like it I don't know what to tell you. I won't change my feelings about this guy. This isn't the fun fair football league.

Scooter
01-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.

heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

i'm leaning towards a quick ban, but want to hear the response.

PapaL
01-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Jacoby suffers from an addiction to alcohol, and is also known to smoke weed...I suspected he was on something today, because not only was his coordination off, but also his judgment--or lack there of...Partied too hard or maybe he was feeling a lot of pressure and he tried to take that "edge" off?

I don't know, but I suspect that his substance abuse issues are what's keeping him from being a decent and consistent contributor. I too think it's time we go our separate ways.

Know by whom? News to me and probably a good number of people here.
:barman:

I'm not about starting rumors...he's just horrible and needs to be gone.

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Who has wished him ill? Most people just want him cut.

I think my sarcasm was taken out of context. :kitten:

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM

FWIW Vonta and Rice did Nodda today .... while Foster was gashing them for chunks.

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM

Is this true? If so then he gets even less sympathy from me. I can tell he isn't bright but if you're that dumb and irresponsible that you'd risk blowing a golden opportunity to make a great living playing a sport then I really want him gone.

sluggo832004
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
It was only a matter of time before Jacoby jones pulled this bonehead play.

We all know jacoby is a mistake waiting to happen.

But the powers that be thought he was a great compliment to AJ.:mariopalm:

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

Get mad at the guy who gave him a contract.:bat::bat:

Scooter
01-15-2012, 11:22 PM

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 11:25 PM
No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character

TexansFanatic
01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
The guy who gave Jacoby a contract also gave a hell of a lot of great players contracts.

Wolf6151
01-15-2012, 11:27 PM
It angers me when I think of the contract we signed Jacoby to could have been better spent keeping Vonta Leach.

kiwitexansfan
01-15-2012, 11:28 PM
It angers me when I think of the contract we signed Jacoby to could have been better spent keeping Vonta Leach.

Because the run game suffered so badly and we were awash with good, explosive wide outs?

Scooter
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
No its not true. JJ has had no problems like that while he has played for the Texans.

I may not like JJ right now, but Libel like this is wrong and hurtful to a persons character

didnt think so. jacoby has maturity issues, not substance.

BAN HIM!

Texn4life
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM

This is what happens when you resign guys who are proven to be average and knuckleheads. Dont get mad at Jacoby.

The day we signed Jacoby, I wanted to go run through traffic. I just couldn't believe we still wanted to continue this experiment. He makes enough plays through the year that he'll sometimes make you think he's getting it, but at the end of the day a knucklehead will be a knucklehead. He is what he is. Let's end this and let Maehl and Lestar Jean take over. I'm pretty sure they'll bring more to the table.

I'm also all for bringing Walter back, but he needs to take a big time pay cut. His salary is ridiculous for the production he's given us the past couple of years. I like him, but just not for the money he's getting.

Countreekidd
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
heck of a first post, and not one anybody's going to believe. any reason we should even give this post a second thought?

edit: erased this response

PHAROAH
01-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Jacoby Jones has got to go he did nothing but screw up the entire game this fool was dropping punts galore and he really all but gave away all momentum in the entire first half and he did nothing in the passing game. Kevin Walters is stealing money too he dropped one pass in the chest that killed a drive in the first half, these two guys need to be dropped and it's time for some new wide outs to go with andre it's just time to move on period no excuses.

Countreekidd
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM

Do I know for a fact that it's true? no

kwayshauntay
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Just saw Dilfer on ESPN say "Jacoby Jones, one of the great returners in this league, but..."

LOLWUT?

Credibility = 0

Corrosion
01-15-2012, 11:37 PM

He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in 2008..

Do I know for a fact that it's true? no

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
The guy making $5m per isnt making stupid mistakes , doesnt drop many and seldom puts the ball on the turf. Im keeping him and looking for a guy who pushes him to the #3WR spot.

eh... Jacoby has had some good games as a return man. His production matches that of the $5M guy.... I think it's a wash.

If the guy we get in the offseason doesn't have the speed to stretch the field, Jacoby stays... he may be #4 on the depth chart & Walter 3rd.

I don't mind getting rid of both of them.... I was hoping Mason was going to do something & shake up our depth chart.... didn't happen.

Countreekidd
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
He was arrested while falling asleep behind the wheel drunk at a red light over in the Montrose area in the offseason year before last..

Dont state opinion as fact .... Back it up with a link or .... STFU.

despite the "stfu", I can see that this has people rather upset, so I erased my comment

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Good Call corrosion

So far he has been taken into police custody and processed, and eventually charged with driving while intoxicated. He then had his bail set at five hundred dollars, which was later paid by the player completely. He was then released after the bail was paid that day and it has been reported that this was his only driving under the influence offense to date. There has been no comment up to this point from Jones or his team about this weekend incident of driving under the influence or what will happen to his participation with his football team.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/56917

Hardly a recurring trend though, so don't make him out to be the posterboy for drunk driving.

I really don't care about the above incident, and it has no basis what so ever for me not wanting JJ in a Texans uniform next season. I hope he gets his career restarted with another team, as I do with all players that leave our organization.

Hervoyel
01-15-2012, 11:45 PM
FWIW Vonta and Rice did Nodda today .... while Foster was gashing them for chunks.

I understand that. All things being equal I'd prefer Leach to Vickers. I think he's a much better FB and keeping JJ while letting Leach go was nuts.

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
i'm not going to go as overboard to be hateful, but i agree with the title ... and in that regard i was wrong. i missed with slaton as a homerun hitter, and now again with jacoby. funny enough that i typically hate that type of all or nothing player, but i supported and defended the resigning of jacoby. now that the season is over ... i am comfortable calling him a waste of money.

Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.

Countreekidd
01-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Good Call corrosion

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/56917

Hardly a recurring trend though, so don't make him out to be the posterboy for drunk driving

I'm actually sorry I brought it up

PHAROAH
01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
You know what guys we need to get away from this potential crap and move from Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter, Trindon Holiday all these so-called 3rd options WR's they are pure garbage all of them. Kevin Walters drop a 3rd down pass that halted a drive in the 1st half that hit him dead in the chest and he dropped the pass and I just lost it. Jacoby Jones there is no explanation for this scrub I say bring in a good young F/A like Dwayne Bowe (KC), Harry Douglass (ATL) or Desean Jackson and still draft a Wideout in round 1 or 2 and let's move away from these crappy no catching wr's who are stealing money.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm actually sorry I brought it up

As long as people don't use it as a sticking point for wanting JJ gone, I don't see it as a problem. This should have no bearing on anyone's feeling towards JJ continuing with this team, his recent performance on the field should

Texn4life
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Is it really worth wishing him ill will over? NO.No, it's absolutely not!

C'mon, people. Try to set an example for your kids, for crying out loud.

Some of you act like Jacoby failed intentionally. Ludicrous.

He made a mistake. He needs a new start. Let's move on with some class.

Pieman2005
01-15-2012, 11:58 PM
I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT. :kitten:

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait.

I agree, he'd benefit from a more vertical passing system. Like Pittsburgh or Oakland for example

Corrosion
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I understand that. All things being equal I'd prefer Leach to Vickers. I think he's a much better FB and keeping JJ while letting Leach go was nuts.

Yeah ..... :barman:

TexanSam
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I just think Jacoby needs a change of scenery to better himself in my opinion. He won't fully develop here. It hasn't happened up to this point, and it never will. Its time for the Texans to cut bait and let this guy get a reality check, and really go to a team that isn't going to cuff his sack to make him feel like he's better than what he is. Maybe then he'll know that he needs to work 10 times harder to be all that he can be in this league.

I hope he goes to Tennessee. I just think Jacoby is what he is. He's not a good receiver, and he's an average punt returner when he doesn't make bonehead mistakes.

Scooter
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself.... we kept throwing our talent at the defensive side of the ball trying to get that thing fixed. Now that we have a defensive guru to match our offensive guru, we should be able to find a better receiver.

The defense is young enough for us to go heavy on the offense this off-season.... all will be right with the world.

you're right, i just hate supporting the underdog only to see what should be a veteran lay another rookie egg (made worse by a contract that could've gone to leach or funneled into this coming season). indeed we've given our defense every asset possible, as we've both made perfectly clear waiting on a coach to take advantage of it, but i was really hoping that jones would be the bright spot on offense this season. that's clearly not the case and it's becoming painfully obvious that we need to draft jacoby's replacement and AJ's successor.

i only hope now that jacoby's contract isnt prohibitive and we can save a few bucks by cutting him to free up cap space for mario/foster/myers/draft.

thunderkyss
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
I really feel we could have won if not for his drop PUNT return WTF. Yes Yates had a few INTs but he's a ROOKIE QB.. not just catching a PUNT. :kitten:

That's because you believe everything else would have happened the way it did minus that one infraction.

Truth is, with a 14-3 lead, the old men Ravens probably took a nap, allowing us to score 10 points... Once we got it that close, the Ravens woke up & put the kabosh on our offense.

The score probably would have been 10-3 Ravens if it weren't for that miff......

truth is, we don't know. There's no way to tell. What we do know, is that the score was 17-13 to start the 3rd qtr.

20-13 at the end of the 4th

blame Jacoby & you'll never understand why we lost that game.

Hervoyel
01-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Because the run game suffered so badly and we were awash with good, explosive wide outs?

Who would you rather have Vonta Leach or Lawrence Vickers? One's going to the Pro Bowl (again) and the other was picked up off the street as insurance.

The price difference is significant but it's not like spending that money on JJ in any way solved the explosive wide out problem you mentioned. I mean, if we spent that money on someone who could actually do that job then sure, I see the point in it. We didn't though.

3 years@10.5 million for JJ + The 2 years@3 million we had to pay Vickers to come in and do what Leach used to do (no extra charge for the stone hands. Those come with the package)

vs

3 years @ 11 million just to keep Leach.

vupac1
01-16-2012, 12:44 AM

yeah.. get mad at THAT guy who also gave contracts to Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning, etc.. THAT guy

Scooter
01-16-2012, 12:52 AM
i was in favor of giving jones the contract. he'd shown a progression in his maturity and gave the impression that he'd turned the corner. for me, and i'm assuming those in charge, this wasnt a "potential" contract - it was given to a kid who appeared to have already taken on a man's role on the field.

we were wrong. he's still a kid and we'd have more luck herding cats than we would putting jacoby through his paces.

TheMatrix31
01-16-2012, 04:24 AM
I really don't care how I'm coming across when I talk about Jacoby Jones. I'm a Suns, Braves, Texans, and Sabres fan. You know what? I've ****ing had enough of my teams' luck and I've had enough of stupid players doing stupid things to cost my teams big spots in the playoffs.

There comes a point where you just don't care anymore and you're going to be brutally honest. I'm sick of my teams beating themselves or having just the most absurd crap happen otherwise.

HJam72
01-16-2012, 04:42 AM
We'll just have to spend that money on some other wide-out now. We weren't going to win it all without Schaub this year anyway. Eventually, that money will be well spent and we won't miss Leach so much, even though he is tha man.

Cut Jones, reward Foster, get a good wide-out, etc. and get ready for next year because it's looking bright.

Thorn
01-16-2012, 07:36 AM
It's Monday morning, I've slept on it, and yeah, I still believe Jacoby has to go. No doubt in my mind.

Kaiser Toro
01-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Jacoby must go, we can do better at PR and WR3. I have also been wanting Marciano gone for a couple of years, and his decision to have Jones fielding punts cost us in a game of field position.

CloakNNNdagger
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM

Gary, you can relax. All those comments have been posted with tongue-in-cheek hyperbole............an exercise in psychological healing.

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Jacoby got paid $600k last year. That is $600k off a 3 year, $10.5 million contract with $3million guaranteed. Bad move front office. It smacks of the Andre Davis contract mistake, and is going to leave us with dead money either way.

CloakNNNdagger
01-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Jacoby must go, we can do better at PR and WR3. I have also been wanting Marciano gone for a couple of years, and his decision to have Jones fielding punts cost us in a game of field position.

"**** happens".............but it tends to always have help getting there.........

Perki-Perk
01-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Jacoby got paid $600k last year. That is $600k off a 3 year, $10.5 million contract with $3million guaranteed. Bad move front office. It smacks of the Andre Davis contract mistake, and is going to leave us with dead money either way.

Off topic, but why would you advertise your signature on a sports forum with mostly males??? and you're reading that right.

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Off topic, but why would you advertise your signature on a sports forum with mostly males??? and you're reading that right.

I think you read it wrong :kitten:

TheMatrix31
01-16-2012, 08:12 AM
It's Monday morning, I've slept on it, and yeah, I still believe Jacoby has to go. No doubt in my mind.

It's been 20 hours and I just keep saying to "what are you DOING!?"

I don't think I'll ever *not* be baffled. Seems like something I'm going to say for the rest of my life. Fantastic.

ObsiWan
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Jacoby isn't the reason we were SHUT OUT in the second half while only being 4 pts behind. That "honor" belongs to Mr. Yates. Yet he gets a pass.

ObsiWan
01-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Gary, you can relax. All those comments have been posted with tongue-in-cheek hyperbole............an exercise in psychological healing.

You sure about that?
I'm not.

Vinnie
01-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Jacoby isn't the reason we were SHUT OUT in the second half while only being 4 pts behind. That "honor" belongs to Mr. Yates. Yet he gets a pass.

Yep, exactly right. TJ does get a pass. He is a rookie that barely played half a season at one of the most, if not the most difficult positions in football. Jacoby is five years into this thing, it's time to cut bait.

Thorn
01-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Yep, exactly right. TJ does get a pass. He is a rookie that barely played half a season at one of the most, if not the most difficult positions in football. Jacoby is five years into this thing, it's time to cut bait.

Agreed 100% on the points you make. TJ does get a pass, jacoby doesn't.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2012, 08:40 AM
I've heard rumors of death threats towards Jacoby... NOT COOL!!

That said, Jacoby sucks and must go!

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll tell you what doesn't get a pass from me, is the Offensive playcalling yesterday. You've got a rookie QB and all your going to ask him to do is hurl the long bomb into coverage all through the 2nd half? Get this guy some medium routes to pick and choose between.

All second half the announcers are raving about how he hadn't taken any sacks also. Would have much prefered a few sacks than the INT's we gave up, but there you go, we were forced to play the rookie before time, and I think Kubiak bottled it when it came down to it having trusted him throughout.

Yates will be a great backup project QB, I'd cut Leinart and Delhomme (due to money) and try and keep hold of Garcia for some great experience at 3rd string.

This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.

amazing80
01-16-2012, 08:49 AM
I'll tell you what doesn't get a pass from me, is the Offensive playcalling yesterday. You've got a rookie QB and all your going to ask him to do is hurl the long bomb into coverage all through the 2nd half? Get this guy some medium routes to pick and choose between.

All second half the announcers are raving about how he hadn't taken any sacks also. Would have much prefered a few sacks than the INT's we gave up, but there you go, we were forced to play the rookie before time, and I think Kubiak bottled it when it came down to it having trusted him throughout.

Yates will be a great backup project QB, I'd cut Leinart and Delhomme (due to money) and try and keep hold of Garcia for some great experience at 3rd string.

This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.

I hate this argument, its weak and short sighted. Yates threw the ball not Gary. Every play includes a guy deep and a guy shallow and some in between.....it was YATES who felt the need to force the ball NOT Gary, but that is what happens when a young guy is under pressure, Sage use to do the same thing and he was a vet, force the ball when the pressure is on....this was the first we saw Yates do this, but the pressure was crazy yesterday....nothing you can do about it, it improves over time

Playoffs
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
...This has nothing to do with Yates' abilities, but if Kubiak was planning on putting him in that situation, then Delhomme would have been the better option to start in the playoffs imho, Jake throws a far more accurate playoff INT than Yates will ever do, and wouldn't have 7 months wondering if that will be his only big chance before getting back on the field.
Wait, wut?

Do we want more accurate playoff interceptions? http://www.catscrap.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

Kimmy
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
So I was listening to the radio and they said something about fans at Jacobys house last night. I didn't catch what it was .... what happened?

False Start
01-16-2012, 09:01 AM
So I was listening to the radio and they said something about fans at Jacobys house last night. I didn't catch what it was .... what happened?

I heard that too, that's pretty lame. I didn't hear what it was all about. I mean I'm upset with the guy, but that's just going too far. :kubepalm:

Vinnie
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I heard that too, that's pretty lame. I didn't hear what it was all about. I mean I'm upset with the guy, but that's just going too far. :kubepalm:

I heard this too, I hope they were arrested.

darnbni99a
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/darnbni99a/Screenshot2012-01-16at92237AM.png

is this true???? if so, they'd HAVE to cut him now...right?

Errant Hothy
01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
If it's true, it's distrubing and the people that are doing it are sick and degenerates.

Playoffs
01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
This is just wrong ... idiots.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM

That said, Jacoby sucks and must go!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1883569

Carr Bombed
01-16-2012, 09:29 AM
They should've bought him a one way ticket from Baltimore back to Podunk, La. He needs to run back to mama.

:mariopalm: I still can't believe he touched that ball.

Carr Bombed
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
double post

TimeKiller
01-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah. It's still just a game.

I hope he is in fact, no longer with the team....but not no longer with us. That's just dumb.

nero THE zero
01-16-2012, 09:34 AM
People have Jacoby Jones jerseys?

Texn4life
As upset as I am with the way Jacoby played, I pray this isn't true. The guy didn't intentionally play poorly today. I still don't want him on the team next year, but I hope any idiots issuing death threats are punished to the fullest extent of the law. It's a freaking game people! Get a grip!

Perki-Perk
I haven't really heard of death threats in sports since Hammerin' Hank was threatening the Babe's home run record. Really unclassy and ignorant moves by fans.

Carr Bombed
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM

LOL! That's what I thought as well.

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM
If true then a small minority of idiots had let the entire fanbase down.

But what the **** was he thinking!!!???

pissknocker
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I cant believe he was actually taking pictures with fans at Reliant after the game. Only a few players actually came out to the crowd and got mobbed. JJ Watt, Bryan Brahaman, Brooks Reed were some of the few. I saw him in his BMW 750 speed off in the parking lot. Didnt know he was in the crowd till my sis showed me her pics and Jacoby was one of them.

pissknocker
01-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Oh and bryan brahaman drives his grandmas 80's Cadillac sedan de ville. Pretty funny guy.

Carr Bombed
01-16-2012, 09:49 AM
I haven't really heard of death threats in sports since Hammerin' Hank was threatening the Babe's home run record. Really unclassy and ignorant moves by fans.

Sadly it's not that uncommon... mostly refs get them after a blown call. I know Steve Bartman received a lot.... and what Jacoby did yesterday I'd put it right up there with Steve Bartman, but yeah..fans are stupid sometimes.

Oh well, Jacoby is our Leon Lett, minus actually being a good ball player and being able to occasionally make plays.

I don't want him to die, but he needs to get the hell off my team pronto. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya Janobody Jones.

GuerillaBlack
01-16-2012, 09:50 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/darnbni99a/Screenshot2012-01-16at92237AM.png

is this true???? if so, they'd HAVE to cut him now...right?

THIS is going too far. Jacoby has got to go...

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2012, 10:27 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/16/divisionals/2.html

Goats of the Week

Houston PR/WR Jacoby Jones. What's the one thing the Texans, playing with a third-string quarterback and playing at a team that was perfect at home this year, couldn't give Baltimore? A gift. And after the Texans held the Ravens to a three-and-out on Baltimore's first possession of the game, Houston was due to get the ball back, up 3-0 with momentum. Jones, though, tried to grab a bouncing punt while under heavy pressure from special-teams gunner Cary Williams. The ball bounced off Jones and Baltimore recovered at the Houston 2. The massive gaffe led to the Ravens' first touchdown, and Houston never led after that. I understand Jones recovered a Foster fumble later in the game, but that doesn't make up for the seven points he gave up earlier.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/16/divisionals/index.html#ixzz1jdhYpS00

SeminoleTexan
01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
lmao...

Playoffs
01-16-2012, 10:39 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/search/jacoby%20jones%20burned

Khari
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM

People r morons...:mariopalm:

PHAROAH
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Man this is wrong for fans to act like the damn lynch mob after a football game but Jacoby Jones has to be cut or traded out of here but the sad thing is we might have to keep him because of the salary cap hit and if they do people will be upset.

Carr Bombed
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Salary cap or no salary cap, I'm pretty sure Janobody Jones has played his last game here.

Check this out...

@Da_OriginalKing!!Mr. Folarin!!

My Daddy burned Jacoby Jones jersey after the game!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/Da_OriginalKing/status/158660191527768064/photo/1

http://p.twimg.com/AjOsmoSCEAAemF0.jpg

welsh texan
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Man this is wrong for fans to act like the damn lynch mob after a football game but Jacoby Jones has to be cut or traded out of here but the sad thing is we might have to keep him because of the salary cap hit and if they do people will be upset.

Not necessarily, he earns $5mill average over the next 2 years and has $2.4million left in guaranteed overall, so that'd save us $3.8 mill a year overall. Not terrible.

Playoffs
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Check this out...My Daddy burned Jacoby Jones jersey after the game!!!
Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate. :mariopalm:

gary
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM

That said, Jacoby sucks and must go!This is just the kind of crap I am talking about. Jones did not pay himself. Guess who did? Maybe Jones is not football smart or he just is not good enough, Why is he still here? Football is not going anywhere and the Texans day will come. I have moved on already.

b0ng
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Jacoby Jones having Texans fans show up at his house really puts the rest of the sane fans in a negative light. That sucks and I hope he is okay. However his play yesterday was really costly to the Texans and I hope he is not returning punts if he is on the roster for some reason.

gwallaia
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Jacoby Jones is the Egg McMuffin of goats.

Brisco_County
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
The amount of hate people show athletes is disturbing.

Are you actually going to tell a person that you hate them and they should die simply because they did not entertain you?

And in the end, that's all they are-- entertainers. Get over yourselves.

infantrycak
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Not necessarily, he earns $5mill average over the next 2 years and has $2.4million left in guaranteed overall, so that'd save us $3.8 mill a year overall. Not terrible.

Where are you getting these numbers? His entire contract was 3 years $10.5 mil with $3 mil in the form of the first year's salary guaranteed. He can be cut with no cap hit (the guaranteed money has been spent) but he wouldn't earn close to $5 mil next year even if he stayed.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Where are you getting these numbers? His entire contract was 3 years $10.5 mil with $3 mil in the form of the first year's salary guaranteed. He can be cut with no cap hit (the guaranteed money has been spent) but he wouldn't earn close to $5 mil next year even if he stayed.

This^^^

7/29/2011: Signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal contains $3 million guaranteed. 2011-2013: Under Contract, 2014: Free Agent

Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4239/jacoby-jones)

Maddict5
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
scumbags

gary
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
The hate in this thread is amazing to me.