View Full Version : Jacoby's Gotta Go/**UPDATE**Released

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

TEXANJAK
02-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Where's the fire Jacoby soap avatar?

PapaL
02-12-2012, 10:34 AM

We dropped it. No one wants to bend over and pick it up.

PapaL
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I would take the bear over JJ for the following reasons:

- Bear secured possession of the ball for a touchdown(?)
- Bear is much more scary to any opposing D than JJ
- Bear is way cooler/cuter than JJ can ever aspire to be

But would the Bear's mom be in the stands waiting to hug him if he every scored?

chenjy9
02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
But would the Bear's mom be in the stands waiting to hug him if he every scored?

Bear's mom may offer Coca-Cola. That is far better than anything JJ has ever offered us in the postseason.

Corrosion
02-12-2012, 09:12 PM

No need for it , I think we are all in agreement that he's worn out his welcome in Houston.

HJam72
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Yeah, 'cuz Jacoby might fumble the football up your @$$.

ChrisG
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM

More like Jacoby dropped it

Vinnie
03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Looks like Jacoby will be staying unless Gary really hates him.

Per LZ:

Lance Zierlein‏@LanceZierlein

It looks as though the Texans would only save $1 million if they cut Jacoby Jones. It could still happen, but they would have no WR3,4 or 5

Vinnie
03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Never mind...

Lance Zierlein‏@LanceZierlein

Took another look at Jacoby Jones' contract. It looks like the Texans would save 4.7 million if they cut Jacoby Jones. Adios, Jacoby

DonnyMost
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Cut him just as a warning to the others.

Nothing sends a message like a head on a stick.

http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/12/124753-hell-put-your-head-on-a-pike-london-united-kingdom.jpg

tak3ov3r
03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=Vinnie;1912213]Looks like Jacoby will be staying unless Gary really hates him.

@LanceZierlein

Took another look at Jacoby Jones' contract. It looks like the Texans would save 4.7 million if they cut Jacoby Jones. Adios, Jacoby

gwallaia
03-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Hell, I would cut Jacoby Jones if it only meant saving $4.70.

infantrycak
03-09-2012, 11:15 AM
C'mon LZ. Stop pimping yourself. The idea you are looking at the actual contract isn't credible. You are looking at rotoworld and other internet sources just like the rest of us.

Marcus
03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
If they do cut Jacoby Jones, they will do it "quietly", IMO. It will be sort of an "Oh BTW....." that's thrown in to go with some other more major move that's designed to attract the most attention/discussion.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2012, 11:24 AM
They should cut him ASAP to help Jacoby out. You know it will take him weeks to come to grips with it.

:kitten:

gary
03-09-2012, 11:30 AM
They should cut him ASAP to help Jacoby out. You know it will take him weeks to come to grips with it.

:kitten:HA. Good one.

welsh texan
03-09-2012, 01:02 PM

I think they're going to leave it up in the air for as long as they can, and hope he catches hold of it eventually. :mariopalm:

ObsiWan
03-09-2012, 01:51 PM

The brass is probably waiting to make sure Jacoby's mom is out of the state.
:D

I'm just sayin'...
them Louisiana wimmins... they know stuff
:voodoo:

Mr. White
03-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Looks like my favorite thread's back. :peek:

Imagine how long it's gonna be if he's on the roster next season. :hmmm:

TheMatrix31
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
He. Needs. To. Go.

It's not about money. It's about message.

You CANNOT **** UP THAT BAD and keep your job.

welsh texan
03-10-2012, 05:11 AM
He. Needs. To. Go.

I hate that people want to focus more on one horrible play than his body of work over the course of the season.

Jacoby got paid to be a role player in the passing game and step in to be our 1b if AJ went down. He was awful when AJ went down. He's got all the athletic ability you need and more, but he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have the instincts or hands to make up for it when he's out of position with the ball in the air.

The dudes agent did a great job for him, his contract looks very Andre Davis to me, you know that guy who covered while AJ was out, and ran back a couple of returns, then wasted our cap space for years on end because we overpaid.

You can pick up late round rookies who are quick but don't offer anything in the passing game, and the cost a Joel Dreessen & Mike Brisiel less than Jacoby.

KA4Texan
03-10-2012, 05:56 AM
He. Needs. To. Go.

MSR

I calmed down, but I still think that was stupid brought to a whole new level.

I appreciate his heart and the fact he wanted to make something happen, but that early in the game especially, use your head numbnuts.:kubepalm: I wish him the best, just elsewhere.

TheMatrix31
03-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I hate that people want to focus more on one horrible play than his body of work over the course of the season.

Jacoby got paid to be a role player in the passing game and step in to be our 1b if AJ went down. He was awful when AJ went down. He's got all the athletic ability you need and more, but he doesn't run good routes and doesn't have the instincts or hands to make up for it when he's out of position with the ball in the air.

The dudes agent did a great job for him, his contract looks very Andre Davis to me, you know that guy who covered while AJ was out, and ran back a couple of returns, then wasted our cap space for years on end because we overpaid.

You can pick up late round rookies who are quick but don't offer anything in the passing game, and the cost a Joel Dreessen & Mike Brisiel less than Jacoby.

Trust me, I'm considering his whole body of "work".

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen a professional athlete do only comes as the icing on the cake.

jaayteetx
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Can we trade Jacoby to Philly for a couple cheese steaks and a beer?

silvrhand
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
maybe they'll cut him next.. I can't believe he's still on this team when some of our much better players are getting cut left and right..

Norg
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
does it really matter when we cut him if anything i think waiting till the cut deadline is best why cut him now and give other teams a avantage ???

EllisUnit
03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
does it really matter when we cut him if anything i think waiting till the cut deadline is best why cut him now and give other teams a avantage ???

advantage HAHAHA to what muffed punts and dropped passes along with terrible route running, cut him now and hopefully one of our division foes will add him, the KJ will have a WR he can actually cover :doot:

Big Lou
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM

I read somewhere that we can't cut him until June, I'm not sure if it's a cap thing or just a rule.

Pantherstang84
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
advantage HAHAHA to what muffed punts and dropped passes along with terrible route running, cut him now and hopefully one of our division foes will add him, the KJ will have a WR he can actually cover :doot:

Good one. Maybe Bud needs one.

DocBar
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
advantage hahaha to what muffed punts and dropped passes along with terrible route running, cut him now and hopefully one of our division foes will add him, the kj will have a wr he can actually cover :doot:msr

DocBar
03-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Can we trade Jacoby to Philly for a couple cheese steaks and a beer?They'd never go for it. We'd have to send them a draft pick, some chili and barbeque for them to even consider it.

PapaL
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Jacoby is like herpes, just won't leave! F-ck why is he still here?!?

Shaft75
03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Alright Mods, Since our offseason seems to carry a certain theme in 2012, shouldn't you guys sticky this thread?

It's like an offering to the FO. Let's let them know while they're trying to be frugal and not waste any money, this cut should be the most obvious of them all. If they're going for an all-out spring cleaning, Jacoby's the air freshener you spray when your wrapping things up. One of the last and BEST moves of cleaning house.

XI CMURDER IX
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Are we getting a community fund started?

aussie_texan
03-21-2012, 12:39 AM
you cut him and who are you left with......

we have to wait and see how player like Jean, Maehl and drafted players we bring progress before we cut JJ.
he'll probably stay this year even if we draft a WR high because we don't have much depth there.

remember we brought in, mason, b.johnson and inglesias (or however u spell it) to cover the lose of AJ. WR is not deep.

TheMatrix31
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM

we have to wait and see how player like Jean, Maehl and drafted players we bring progress before we cut JJ.
he'll probably stay this year even if we draft a WR high because we don't have much depth there.

remember we brought in, mason, b.johnson and inglesias (or however u spell it) to cover the lose of AJ. WR is not deep.

I don't care what I'm left with. I want him gone. We have to fill up other positions now too. Add the "loss" of Jacoby too, because he's the one who deserves it.

TdotTexas2Step
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM

I was just thinking this. Jacoby might have to stay just for the lone fact that there really isn't anyone behind him yet. As soon as we find out what we have in players like Jean and Maehl (and whoever we bring it either through the draft or FA), then he's unfortunately got to stay.

Blake
03-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe I was right about the Texans keeping Jones due to his cap hit and contract structure.

redwhiteblue
03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Mario Manningham just signed a two year comtract with the 49ers and he is making less than half this year than Jacoby Jones is making

Vinny
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Mario Manningham just signed a two year comtract with the 49ers and he is making less than half this year than Jacoby Jones is making :strangle:

Corrosion
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Mario Manningham just signed a two year comtract with the 49ers and he is making less than half this year than Jacoby Jones is making

I think Im gonna puke.

thunderkyss
03-23-2012, 05:28 PM

It's interesting that we are in salary-cap hell & Mario is not the reason... he's not even part of the team.

False Start
03-23-2012, 07:35 PM
So..... Jacoby is still a Texan...fluck. :kitten:

beerlover
03-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Well long as Texans are shedding cap space why stop here?

infantrycak
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM

It's the first year of the contract so looking at only the base salary is more than a little deceptive. In his pocket, Manningham will receive $3.2 mil this year and IF he stays a Texan JJ will receive $3 mil. Proration matters to the team, not the player.

Not specifically to you, but I don't get all the cut JJ now urge. Why cut him until you have someone else signed up? For all we know the Texans have talked to 15 FA WRs and just haven't gotten a deal they want done so far. Why cut JJ before finding the new guy? As soon as you work out a deal with the new guy you say "hey before you sign, give me ten minutes for a little housekeeping" and then you email the league office and call JJ and tell him he's done.

ArlingtonTexan
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Well long as Texans are shedding cap space why stop here?

If the Texans had a Wr who had actually caught a pass or two for the Texans in regualar season game, both Jacoby and Walter might have gotten the McSmithiak slice, but there is not even a Graham, Sharpton been around a couple of years guy.

beerlover
03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
:wadepalm:If the Texans had a Wr who had actually caught a pass or two for the Texans in regualar season game, both Jacoby and Walter might have gotten the McSmithiak slice, but there is not even a Graham, Sharpton been around a couple of years guy.

I thought about it but deceided what the hey, can't be much worse either way :hankpalm:

PapaL
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
This thread and Jacoby anger me...

http://www.stuartduncan.name/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/anger.gif

Bulls on Parade
03-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I was on board for releasing Jacoby Jones and drafting a wide receiver like Kendall Wright with the 26th pick just a few weeks ago. But now with all of the more important needs (RG, RT, ILB), I think the Texans have to target those areas first and foremost. Maybe snag a WR in the 4th round or so. I'm okay going with what we already have -- Andre, Walter, Jacoby, Maehl, Daniels, Foster, Tate and Graham, etc... etc..., assuming Matt Schaub is able to stay healthy.

Rey
03-24-2012, 02:08 AM
I was on board for releasing Jacoby Jones and drafting a wide receiver like Kendall Wright with the 26th pick just a few weeks ago. But now with all of the more important needs (RG, RT, ILB), I think the Texans have to target those areas first and foremost. Maybe snag a WR in the 4th round or so. I'm okay going with what we already have -- Andre, Walter, Jacoby, Maehl, Daniels, Foster, Tate and Graham, etc... etc..., assuming Matt Schaub is able to stay healthy.

Wr is still a big need and it can be argued that its a bigger need than ol, lb or te despite the loss of certain players.

Runner
03-24-2012, 03:13 AM

I have some concern about Dre staying healthy too.

msbbc833
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Just saw this.. its a few months old, but does anyone think there is any meaning to it??

“I ain’t going nowhere, trust me,” Jones said. “No matter what nobody says I ain’t going nowhwere. Believe that.”

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/16/jacoby-jones-still-feeling-down-about-role-in-texans-playoff-loss/

Mr. White
03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Just saw this.. its a few months old, but does anyone think there is any meaning to it??

“I ain’t going nowhere, trust me,” Jones said. “No matter what nobody says I ain’t going nowhwere. Believe that.”

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/16/jacoby-jones-still-feeling-down-about-role-in-texans-playoff-loss/

I bet this guy said the same thing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B9_% D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD_(1 914-1916)b.jpg/220px-%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B9_% D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD_(1 914-1916)b.jpg

Maybe Jacoby has the same kind of mojo.

Nawzer
03-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm afraid Jacoby Jones will be back, and the only reason is because the receiver is the position with the least amount of depth. Lestar Jean and some of these other guys are young and unproven. I would love for one of these guys to step up and become the next Victor Cruz, but that's a long shot. Unfortunately, for this reason Jacoby will still be a Texan unless they sign a good veteran receiver. Even if we draft a receiver in the first round, I still see Jacoby in a Texans uniform for the upcoming season. I don't like it, but this is the reality of the situation.

Carr Bombed
03-24-2012, 01:52 PM

:rolleyes: Well if we are to "believe" what Jacoby says, then he is going some where.. Seriously, did he learn anything about double negatives at Lane U? :mariopalm: It's amazing how these guys get a free ride to higher learning institutions, yet still come out dumb as rocks.

Oh well, in all seriousness though... Jacoby is starting to remind me of Jason Voorhees. It seems impossible to kill him off.

Marcus
03-24-2012, 04:10 PM
:rolleyes: Well if we are to "believe" what Jacoby says, then he is going some where.. Seriously, did he learn anything about double negatives at Lane U? :mariopalm: It's amazing how these guys get a free ride to higher learning institutions, yet still come out dumb as rocks.

Oh well, in all seriousness though... Jacoby is starting to remind me of Jason Voorhees. It seems impossible to kill him off.

You didn't think these guys got scholarships with their brains did you? (tongue in cheek)

I hear those advanced basket weaving courses are very popular.

bckey
03-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm afraid Jacoby Jones will be back, and the only reason is because the receiver is the position with the least amount of depth. Lestar Jean and some of these other guys are young and unproven. I would love for one of these guys to step up and become the next Victor Cruz, but that's a long shot. Unfortunately, for this reason Jacoby will still be a Texan unless they sign a good veteran receiver. Even if we draft a receiver in the first round, I still see Jacoby in a Texans uniform for the upcoming season. I don't like it, but this is the reality of the situation.

I still think he will be cut.

NitroGSXR
03-24-2012, 05:10 PM
I still think he will be cut.

If he isn't traded then he'll be a Texan next year. It doesn't make financial sense to cut him (nor then DeMeco) at this point. Jacoby could really use a fresh start somewhere else but he isn't the worst at what he does. The Baltimore game was disappointing but he's gotten to be a pretty good returner otherwise. I do wish he'd run a bit more north and south and knock off the dancing though.

ObsiWan
03-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I bet this guy said the same thing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B9_% D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD_(1 914-1916)b.jpg/220px-%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B9_% D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD_(1 914-1916)b.jpg

Maybe Jacoby has the same kind of mojo.

the difference here is they actually TRIED to get rid of Rasputin.
:stirpot:

Seriously, I think the Jacoby/KW situ will all be resolved during training camp.

(and I STILL say that if a mistake with less than 5 mins. gone in the game takes your 'nads for the rest of the game youz a sorry-azz muffhugga - had Schaub been under center, we'd have gotten that score back and then some)

thunderkyss
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
If he isn't traded then he'll be a Texan next year. It doesn't make financial sense to cut him (nor then DeMeco) at this point. Jacoby could really use a fresh start somewhere else but he isn't the worst at what he does. The Baltimore game was disappointing but he's gotten to be a pretty good returner otherwise. I do wish he'd run a bit more north and south and knock off the dancing though.

Here's what I really think about Jacoby Jones.

He ain't Andre & he hasn't outright earned the #2 WR spot. For the money he's getting paid, it ought to be his position out right. I'm not going to make any excuses for him; @ $3M/yr, I shouldn't have to.

But, I like what I see... don't like the production. He's got speed, he runs good routes (my opinion, I know some disagree), he gets open, & he's the one you usually see blocking a safety or CB (down field) on a big run.

Things haven't worked out for him in 2011, for whatever reason. If they bring him back, they bring him back. What I don't want to see is both Jj & KDub. We should be able to find 2 WRs to start ahead of both of them, pushing either down to our 4th WR. $3M is a bit much to pay a 4th WR... but we've got $6M tied up in the position.

DocBar
03-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Every time I see Jones' name, my mind automatically breaks into song: Jacoby sucks. He really, really sux! That is sung in my best Waterboy voice when they sing :water sux. It really, really sux. Only it's true with Jones. His play could suck start a 747.

Blake
04-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Jacoby Jones @ 3.1 million > Cut Jacoby Jones & -2.4 million.

Jones agent, Kennard McGuire, did a beautiful job arranging this contract to all but guarantee his client 2 seasons. McGuire is AJ's agent as well I believe. Something to take into consideration.

Playoffs
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Now that Houston has used a third-round pick on Ohio State WR DeVier Posey, the Texans will attempt to trade veteran WR Jacoby Jones.

Mr. White
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM
My favorite thread is back. MSR

:stooges:

4Texans
04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
So the Texans are trying to tried Jones, and there was talk of making a trade with the Browns for Colt McCoy. Sould be an interesting day at the draft.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/04/texans-could-trade-jacoby-jones/

One report said the Texans were trying to trade Jones to Cleveland for quarterback Colt McCoy. A deal like that would make sense. The Browns need more offensive weapons for first-round pick Brandon Weeden. They selected running back Trent Richardson in the first round, and now they need to bolster their receivers.

Corrosion
04-28-2012, 08:23 AM
So the Texans are trying to tried Jones, and there was talk of making a trade with the Browns for Colt McCoy. Sould be an interesting day at the draft.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/04/texans-could-trade-jacoby-jones/

Was that an actual report or was it McLaim giving an opinion .....

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
A scarey thought I had. Everyone knows we want to unload him. What if nobody wants to give up that bag of chips and we get stuck with him again this year or find that we have to release him?:embarrass

silentassassin
04-28-2012, 09:10 AM
A scarey thought I had. Everyone knows we want to unload him. What if nobody wants to give up that bag of chips and we get stuck with him again this year or find that we have to release him?:embarrass

I feel if they can't turn a deal in this draft for a late round pick, that's what'll end up happening. If it comes to that, I'd prefer if he was released; but I can see where they do end up keeping him because of the limited options we still have, even after the Posey pick.

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Jacoby is still a very talented receiver. If we can't get "value" for him, he'll play here. If we release him, then I'm jumping back on the "Rick Smith is an amateur train" (not that I've got off or anything), & he should have released him instead of releasing Winston.

thunderkyss
04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I feel if they can't turn a deal in this draft for a late round pick, that's what'll end up happening. If it comes to that, I'd prefer if he was released; but I can see where they do end up keeping him because of the limited options we still have, even after the Posey pick.

I still think we tried to replace Jacoby last season. Jean, Jeff (Maehl), & Juaquin couldn't stay healthy enough to seal the deal..... Jacoby may have had something to do with that.

We didn't extend Jacoby until late into training camp when, I think, two of those guys were nursing injuries.

DocBar
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Jacoby is still a very talented receiver. If we can't get "value" for him, he'll play here. If we release him, then I'm jumping back on the "Rick Smith is an amateur train" (not that I've got off or anything), & he should have released him instead of releasing Winston.I wish he would show some of this talent you speak of if he's gonna stay on this team. Most don't consider extreme inconsistency to be a talent, but a flaw.

The fact that you consider Smith an amateur and Jones a "talented receiver" is amusing. :lol:

Thorn
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
The fact that you consider Smith an amateur and Jones a "talented receiver" is amusing. :lol:

But Jacoby DOES have talent! Talent for making us puke. :lol:

DocBar
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
But Jacoby DOES have talent! Talent for making us puke. :lol:He's so good at it, it must be one of the few things he actually works on. He sure doesn't seem to work on his football skills. He must be relying on all of that "talent" he purportedly has.
:cheese:

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
But Jacoby DOES have talent! Talent for making us puke. :lol:

I thought is talent was juggling.

Only 1 ball at a time but still... juggling.

DocBar
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM

Only 1 ball at a time but still... juggling.Just because he does it a lot doesn't make him good at it. :D

G27RR
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Latest Rick Smith comments...

on if drafting Keshawn Martin means Jacoby Jones won't be returning anymore and a possible change of scenery coming) "No, I think there were reports out there that we were attempting to trade Jacoby. Jacoby is still on our football team. We did not trade Jacoby. You're always entertaining any kind of phone calls that you have over the course of a draft. We do our due diligence that way, but he's still on our team. It does not signal the end of anything at this point. What we were trying to do is add quality football players."*

False Start
04-28-2012, 07:19 PM

:kubepalm:

Hopefully that's a nice way of saying we're trying to get him the F out of H-Town. :littlelol:

G27RR
04-28-2012, 07:28 PM
:kubepalm:

Hopefully that's a nice way of saying we're trying to get him the F out of H-Town. :littlelol:

I took it as, we tried to shop him, didn't get any takers, and now that he's still on the team (for now) we're smoothing things over a bit. Hope comes from the part where he said it "does not signal the end of anything at this point."

Giant Tiger
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM

Very diplomatic :) I was a big Jacoby fan when he got here, he was my Adopt a Texan, but he has to go.

ObsiWan
04-28-2012, 07:43 PM
on if drafting Keshawn Martin means Jacoby Jones won't be returning anymore and a possible change of scenery coming) "No, I think there were reports out there that we were attempting to trade Jacoby. And we were... But dammit, Jacoby is still on our football team. We could not trade Jacoby. You're always entertaining any kind of phone calls that you have over the course of a draft. We do our due diligence that way, but despite our pleading and begging, he's still on our team. It does not signal the end of anything at this point. What we were trying to do is add quality football players."*on if drafting Keshawn Martin means Jacoby Jones won't be returning anymore and a possible change of scenery coming) "No, I think there were reports out there that we were attempting to trade Jacoby. Jacoby is still on our football team. We did not trade Jacoby. You're always entertaining any kind of phone calls that you have over the course of a draft. We do our due diligence that way, but he's still on our team. It does not signal the end of anything at this point. What we were trying to do is add quality football players."*

I fixed it for Rick.
Translation:
We called EVERYbody... no one would give us a pick... most hung up on us as soon as we said Jacoby Jones. Some hung up as soon as we said, "Ja..." but we're still trying!!

Edit: I actually feel sorry for the kid. Biggest game he'd ever been a part of and he picked then to screw up massively (although I still say, had Schaub been in, we would have overcome it!! No way Ed Reed punks Schaub like he punked T.J. but I digress...).
Being from a small school myself, I was hoping he'd succeed. And since they haven't cut him yet, he'll probably go to camp. He has one - last - chance. But it don't look good.

Thorn
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
I took it as, we tried to shop him, didn't get any takers, and now that he's still on the team (for now) we're smoothing things over a bit. Hope comes from the part where he said it "does not signal the end of anything at this point."

I really hope that somehow, someway, he is not going into our camp this summer. If the Texans just say screw it and just cut him, I wonder how much of his salary is still left for the Texans to cover under the cap?

G27RR
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I really hope that somehow, someway, he is not going into our camp this summer. If the Texans just say screw it and just cut him, I wonder how much of his salary is still left for the Texans to cover under the cap?

He had $3M of his entire contract guaranteed I think, so we could be on the hook somewhere between $2.0-$2.5M (last year's salary was part of the guaranteed). His salary this year would be $3M plus a small cap hit from the pro rata signing bonus of $150K.

gwallaia
04-29-2012, 12:21 AM
After seeing that gif of him stupidly fumbling the ball on that punt against the Ravens, I am reminded of my disdain for this simpleton.

As a Texan fan since the very beginning, I demand Jacoby be removed from the team. I will not tolerate his presence in Reliant Stadium any longer.

drs23
04-29-2012, 01:03 AM
After seeing that gif of him stupidly fumbling the ball on that punt against the Ravens, I am reminded of my disdain for this simpleton.

As a Texan fan since the very beginning, I demand Jacoby be removed from the team. I will not tolerate his presence in Reliant Stadium any longer.

It sure ain't looking good for 'ol Jacoby regardless of Rick Smith's diplomatic response when asked about him. Bet he's not on the program vs. the Phins on opening day.

Mr. White
04-29-2012, 01:03 AM
NFL teams have the same game film that we have. This was wishful thinking that someone was really gonna bite.

I expect that they'll do him the courtesy now of not cutting him before camp then letting him compete for his job. It won't matter.

Marcus
04-29-2012, 01:51 AM
They (the FO) know damn good and well that Jacoby Jones is poison. But the rest of the league is watching how they deal with him. They have to do this the right way. They won't be seen as "caving in" to the demands of enraged fans. That would have negative effect in any subsequent dealings with other teams and players.

Eventually, before the start of the season, he'll be cut along with others at the same time. But not by himself.

ObsiWan
04-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Someone remind me again, what the advantage/disadvantage of the June 1st cut deadline...?

If anyone gets cut after June 1st the cap hit rolls into next season, right?

G27RR
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Someone remind me again, what the advantage/disadvantage of the June 1st cut deadline...?

If anyone gets cut after June 1st the cap hit rolls into next season, right?

You can split it over this and next year, so you only have half the cap hit this year and the remainder as dead money next year.

Trail.Blazr
04-29-2012, 10:53 AM

Only 1 ball at a time but still... juggling.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/880927/jacoby.gif

stolen from another thread... but to me, it tells me a similar story as this:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/1984238_o.gif

We know how that one ended.

CloakNNNdagger
04-29-2012, 02:16 PM

But, at least Rosenfels proved to us that he could fly after touching the ball !:kitten:

Errant Hothy
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM

If I recall didn't we atleast get a pick for the Rosen-copter?

forcefollow
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
With the two draftees, Lestar, and the new UDFA's Jacoby has to go now. I had this as One of my top offseason wishes. Why hasn't this happened yet? What are they waiting for?

Thorn
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
What are they waiting for?

Hopefully not for Jacoby to learn how to catch. :lol:

kingh99
04-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Jacoby Jones isn't gone because Kubiak gave up on him for the one play. We have seen Kubiak will protect his players in that regard.
Jacoby Jones isn't gone because Kubiak gives in to direct fan pressure.
No, Jacoby Jones isn't gone for any of those reasons. Jacoby Jones is gone because Bob McNair wants him gone. A good owner is in tune with the fans. McNair, after a rough start, looks like a good owner.

Marcus
04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
LOL! Imagine all the animated gifs we'll see on the day he's finally released?

The FO must be scratching their heads trying to figure out how to make it a low-key event. But the longer they wait, the more difficult it will be become.

G27RR
04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
With the two draftees, Lestar, and the new UDFA's Jacoby has to go now. I had this as One of my top offseason wishes. Why hasn't this happened yet? What are they waiting for?

A few thoughts:
1. They wait for June 1st so they can spread the cap hit.
2. They are holding out some hope for a trade, maybe a decent preseason gets some interest.
3a. They want to use him to help out in OTAs and camp, since he knows the system
3b. They want to give him one last shot to beat the new guys, or they want to appear to give him a chance.
4. He's still probably better than most anyone left off the street, and with the roster size upped to 90 guys it doesn't hurt to keep him through preseason.

SheTexan
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM

You guys do realize that was his only fumble last year, don't ya? NO, I'm not advocating keeping JJ on the roster either, there's way to much negative history for him to remain a Texan, BUT, I don't think he was as bad last year as some of you want to imply. JMO!!

pec0sb0b
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Trade him to Jerry for CB Mike Jenkins. You would think Phillips would grab him for depth in the secondary.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
I have a hunch that he will be on the 53-man roster.

I know the board would melt down if that was the case but that is what my gut says.

Rey
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Trade him to Jerry for CB Mike Jenkins. You would think Phillips would grab him for depth in the secondary.

That's an excellent idea depending on how much Jenkins is making. I'd love that in fact.

forcefollow
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM

I know the board would melt down if that was the case but that is what my gut says.

You need to get your guts cut out, maybe transplant. I am going to be seriously pissed if he makes the 53 man roster. :wadepalm:

drunkcookie
04-29-2012, 08:34 PM

My gut tells me he's gone before June... I had a gut feeling they'd try to move up or get an additional late round pick for him, but that didn't pan out... I think that was the last opportunity for JJ to serve a purpose here... we'll see though...

Corrosion
04-29-2012, 08:37 PM

I dont see it happening .... He's as good as gone , it may not be today but it will be .... unless there is an injury or one of the WR's drafted just flops tho I dont think thats likely.

AJ
Walter
Posey
Martin
Jean
Mhael , Holiday or Jacoby.

His contract compared to those other guy's .... gives me the idea she's gone gone gone , dont know if Im happy , dont know if Im sad , dont know if I'll die laughing.

Marcus
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM

That won't happen.

Imagine the reaction from the crowd at the next preseason game at Reliant Stadium if he even sets foot on the field. It would be downright gruesome.

OzzO
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
You guys do realize that was his only fumble last year, don't ya? NO, I'm not advocating keeping JJ on the roster either, there's way to much negative history for him to remain a Texan, BUT, I don't think he was as bad last year as some of you want to imply. JMO!!

Do you notice he already had his hips turned, ready to run east / west had he caught the ball? Seen that too many times on returns.

20 yards sideways for a 3 yard gain.

Double Barrel
04-30-2012, 01:53 PM

I agree. No other team wants him, and the FO is not going to eat his salary to appease fans.

This is an owner that extended David Carr's contract and a head coach that pretty much wasted the first year of his head coaching career trying to evaluate the guy and coach him up.

Jacoby Jones > David Carr.

2012Champs
04-30-2012, 01:55 PM

you are right, he is the goat for most people's anger. It was a bonehead play but not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be IMO as well

Corrosion
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
jacoby jones > david carr.

hwwnbm2=hwwnbm1

houstonspartan
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
you are right, he is the goat for most people's anger. It was a bonehead play but not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be IMO as well

Is this a joke?

You - and SheTexan - are missing the bigger picture: Jacoby has been so inconsistent over the last few years that this was bound to happen.

I told a friend of mine TWO YEARS AGO: "We're going to need Jacoby in a major game, and he's going to screw up."

I am not the only one who has said that.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon (or an NFL coach) to see that Jacoby was dangerous to have around. Sure, he has (had) moments of greatness, but those moments were fleeting.

Every pre-season for the last few years it's been the same story:

2008 - This is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2009 - THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2010 - No, wait. THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2011 - We mean it. THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player! (And to prove it, we're giving him a ton of cash!)

And so on and so forth.

Not only did he let us down - as predicted by me and thousands of other fans - but he did so in a PLAYOFF GAME.

What's so complicated about this?

Double Barrel
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
hwwnbm2=hwwnbm1

I agree, but this is a franchise that loves it some 'hwwnbm'.

2012Champs
04-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Is this a joke?

You - and SheTexan - are missing the bigger picture: Jacoby has been so inconsistent over the last few years that this was bound to happen.

I told a friend of mine TWO YEARS AGO: "We're going to need Jacoby in a major game, and he's going to screw up."

I am not the only one who has said that.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon (or an NFL coach) to see that Jacoby was dangerous to have around. Sure, he has (had) moments of greatness, but those moments were fleeting.

Every pre-season for the last few years it's been the same story:

2008 - This is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2009 - THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2010 - No, wait. THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player!
2011 - We mean it. THIS is the year Jacoby becomes a break-out player! (And to prove it, we're giving him a ton of cash!)

And so on and so forth.

Not only did he let us down - as predicted by me and thousands of other fans - but he did so in a PLAYOFF GAME.

What's so complicated about this?

no its not a joke nor a plea to keep him on the team. He should go for as you stated the YEARS worth of bs. Come to think of it even if he didnt have the bonehead play in the playoffs I would still be up for letting the guy go. IMO the blame he gets for us not making it further in the playoffs is overdone

ChampionTexan
04-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I agree. No other team wants him, and the FO is not going to eat his salary to appease fans.

I don't think there's much in the way of salary to eat.

Hard facts are difficult to find, but most info. seems to indicate that all of his guaranteed money was in 2011, and his bonus was negligible (<$500k).

Corrosion
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
no its not a joke nor a plea to keep him on the team. He should go for as you stated the YEARS worth of bs. Come to think of it even if he didnt have the bonehead play in the playoffs I would still be up for letting the guy go. IMO the blame he gets for us not making it further in the playoffs is overdone

He's been a turnover waiting to happen since day one , flailing his arms about like a chicken running from a fox .... we've discussed this multiple times.

Every time Jones touched the football - Texans Nation held its collective breath.

She's gone gone gone.

houstonspartan
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
He's been a turnover waiting to happen since day one , flailing his arms about like a chicken running from a fox .... we've discussed this multiple times.

Every time Jones touched the football - Texans Nation held its collective breath.

She's gone gone gone.

Agree.

Some of his punt returns when he first came here were exciting. He won fans over pretty quick. I think that's why he got such a long leash.

And, apparently, the coaches really like him, so there's that.

But when it comes to doing the job one is hired to do, Jacoby is not that great (especially for what we were paying him).

Corrosion
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM

You should be taken out back and hung by the penis until it breaks for posting such moments in Texans history.

Nawzer
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
As much as I would like to see Jacoby released/traded/dropped in an active volcano, I just don't see it happening. We drafted a couple of receivers in the 3rd round and there's no way of knowing if they're going to be any good. Even if they have terrific training camps and blow everyone away, the regular season is a different beast. I don't think we should be relying heavily on these rookies. For that reason only I think Jacoby will remain a Texan this year. I know it's sickening, but we need guys who have experience. I would look for the team to incorporate Kevin Walter more into the offense because he is a guy who's not really well used in the passing game imo. Also, guys like Lestar Jean will have an opportunity to step up and earn some playing time. I would love to see Posey and Martin come in and contribute right away, but as of today I think keeping Jacoby on the roster would be the safe thing to do.

Thorn
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I would love to see Posey and Martin come in and contribute right away, but as of today I think keeping Jacoby on the roster would be the safe thing to do.

Safe for what? Making other team's defense's look good?

I would just drop him before hand and go without him with what we got. The mental relief just knowing he's not on the field in a Texans uniform is enough for me.

Corrosion
04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Safe for what?

Safe for making ESPN's Not top Ten plays. :kubepalm:

Nawzer
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM

I would just drop him before hand and go without him with what we got. The mental relief just knowing he's not on the field in a Texans uniform is enough for me.

OK so don't let him return punts anymore. I'm not saying he should be a starter next to Andre, but with so many inexperienced receivers on the team it's a good idea to have a veteran. Like I said, I don't like Jacoby like most of you but it might be a good idea to keep him around in case of injuries or if the rookies flop. On a related note, what's the status of David Anderson? They should've kept him because he was good at making tough catches and moving the chains. I hope the Texans bring him back if he's available.

drs23
04-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Thanks Thorn for saving me some keystrokes.

I agree with several posters before that stated the team will find a way to incorporate him within a general training camp house cleaning. It'll look better to toss him to the curb that way. JMO!! :)

houstonspartan
04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks Thorn for saving me some keystrokes.

I agree with several posters before that stated the team will find a way to incorporate him within a general training camp house cleaning. It'll look better to toss him to the curb that way. JMO!! :)

After the off season we're going through, I doubt if the front office cares how something will "look." They are tossing players left and right, and don't care how long they been here, etc. The only two players they would walk on eggshells with are Andre and Matt. Everyone else? Don't let the door hit you!

There's a new ruthlessness with this front office.

As for Jacoby, I think he'll stay through training camp, but only long enough to see how the other players will do. After that, he's as good as gone.

As Thorn said, I'd rather take my chances of life withOUT Jacoby than life WITH him. Real talk.

Lady.Gaga.3000
04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
As for Jacoby, I think he'll stay through training camp, but only long enough to see how the other players will do. After that, he's as good as gone.

As Thorn said, I'd rather take my chances of life withOUT Jacoby than life WITH him. Real talk.

Why even waste the reps/time on him when we can focus on people who actually deserve a chance/attention?

drs23
04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
After the off season we're going through, I doubt if the front office cares how something will "look." They are tossing players left and right, and don't care how long they been here, etc. The only two players they would walk on eggshells with are Andre and Matt. Everyone else? Don't let the door hit you!

There's a new ruthlessness with this front office.

Great point. Hadn't looked at it through those glasses.

To the bolded, think the FO is building a real team for the long haul? The talking heads sure do. This is the first off season I've heard the Texans as being poised to be Super Bowl contenders for years to come. Have heard it several times as I'm sure everyone here has as well.

Kinda make me goose pimply.

houstonspartan
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Great point. Hadn't looked at it through those glasses.

To the bolded, think the FO is building a real team for the long haul? The talking heads sure do. This is the first off season I've heard the Texans as being poised to be Super Bowl contenders for years to come. Have heard it several times as I'm sure everyone here has as well.

Kinda make me goose pimply.

Well, I would HOPE we're building a Super Bowl contender.

But, there's an elephant in the room: The Salary Cap. Rick bungled it. Big time.

Now, maybe this is a "learning period" and he'll "GET" it and the cap issues we had this year won't surface next year.

We'll see.

houstonspartan
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Why even waste the reps/time on him when we can focus on people who actually deserve a chance/attention?

Good point. I was just playing Devil's Adovcate.

Porky
04-30-2012, 10:38 PM

He started most of the year because of AJ's injury, and he caught 31 passes. That is pathetic production. Dare to guess how many players in the NFL's 32 teams caught more balls than that. Hint - it's a LOT. He is a ZERO, and you need to stop defending just because he has a bull on his helmet. He's terrible.

And that doesn't include his brain dead performance in Baltimore.

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 04:01 AM
He started most of the year because of AJ's injury, and he caught 31 passes. That is pathetic production. Dare to guess how many players in the NFL's 32 teams caught more balls than that. Hint - it's a LOT. He is a ZERO, and you need to stop defending just because he has a bull on his helmet. He's terrible.

And that doesn't include his brain dead performance in Baltimore.

One hundred and thirty two players caught more balls last year than Jacoby Jones.

Naiirb
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
It's official Jacoby has been released

:hurrah: :specnatz: :spin:

"John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL Close
Texans have released WR Jacoby Jones."

Rey
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
It's offcial Jacoby has been released

Halleluah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rejoice in the sreets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
It must be official if texanstalk.com tweets about it!

https://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk/status/197427997400240128

Errant Hothy
05-01-2012, 04:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dCmqJ.jpg

And there was much rejoicing!!

Jackie Chiles
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Anyone cap savvy enough to let us know the ramifications for both this season and next? And perhaps also what the difference would have been if we had waited until June 1.

msbbc833
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Texans tried to trade Jacoby Jones but couldn't get a deal. They save $2.5 mil on cap. Could have saved 3 after June 1.

CloakNNNdagger
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM

I'm happy. It's sad though how 2 plays in the last game can wipe out any hope of value return on a player. Thank you, JJ for screwing us to the end. :foottap:

Jackie Chiles
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Texans tried to trade Jacoby Jones but couldn't get a deal. They save $2.5 mil on cap. Could have saved 3 after June 1.

But would that extra .5 mil have come at the expense of next years cap? If so I'm glad we decided to just take the hit now and get it done with.

Rey
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/hell-yeah-son.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx96asVmG11r5qrimo1_400.gif

Errant Hothy
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Once Asante S was traded for a 7th, there was no chance of the Texans getting anything for Jacoby.

The timing is curious though. With rosters enlarged to 90, why cut him now as opposed to after June 1 and reap the extra cap savings? Ignore, just read that the difference will be saved agains the cap next year.

Carry on.

The Pencil Neck
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
But would that extra .5 mil have come at the expense of next years cap? If so I'm glad we decided to just take the hit now and get it done with.

I think so. Just take the hit now and be done.

TheRealJoker
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Too bad, this city was just starting to get behind him...

The Pencil Neck
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM

... with clubs, daggers, and shotguns.

Dutchrudder
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM

Yes, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Teams can roll over excess cap from one year to the next, so unless you really need that 500k this year, it won't make a difference. I think we have enough cushion against the cap to pay it this year without issue.

See ya JJ, I hope you end up in Tennessee.

welsh texan
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't be at all surprised if they are doing this now to move some money around and sign someone they like, must be a few new FA's about atm.

Although, it could simply be the first opportunity they've had to do it having got the bulk of the draft and UDFA out of the way. They got their guys at wide-out, now cut JJ loose.

I will point out, a lot of people were tearing their hair out earlier in this thread at the FO for not having cut JJ before FA, a few people were saying to wait until after the draft before judging, here we are.

MightyTExan
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2csi0xf.jpg

badboy
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Texans tried to trade Jacoby Jones but couldn't get a deal. They save $2.5 mil on cap. Could have saved 3 after June 1.Can he not be designated a June 1st cut now and save the whole thing?

Kimmy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKmgggV1lY&feature=related

drunkcookie
DAMMIT...NNNOOOOOOOOO...just odered a Jacoby jersey today...

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Once Asante S was traded for a 7th, there was no chance of the Texans getting anything for Jacoby.

The timing is curious though. With rosters enlarged to 90, why cut him now as opposed to after June 1 and reap the extra cap savings? Ignore, just read that the difference will be saved agains the cap next year.

Carry on.

Gives him an opportunity to find a new team .... the "class" thing to do rather than holding onto him any longer than neccessary.

Behind him ....pushing him out the door.

This is one of the best days in Texans history .... She's gone gone gone ... :ahhaha:

Next person to post that gif or mention him by name gets it .... From here on , he's to be refered to as HWWNBM2.

Topher
05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm296/narutoshippuden_2008/a288f04b.gif

drunkcookie
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
For real though, i'm glad he's gone... But i do wish him well...it wasn't his fault, just Smithiak's for having too much faith in him for far too long...

bckey
05-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Yep he is officially gone. Maybe he can catch on with the Jags.

CloakNNNdagger
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM

The timing is curious though. With rosters enlarged to 90, why cut him now as opposed to after June 1 and reap the extra cap savings? Ignore, just read that the difference will be saved agains the cap next year.Carry on.

They were probably afraid that their inner evil twin voices would again talk them into hoping for finally that elusive breakout year........that never comes..........:kitten:

Dutchrudder
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/szEAR.gif

msbbc833
So Keshawn Martin will most likely be returning punts?

Mr. Texan
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.damnomg.com/pics/5/80s-dance-boss-5580.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/2333540_o.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-G5BYiOMp5dw/T0evDq44xBI/AAAAAAAAAe8/uwvvNjELn_s/s1600/CarltonHappyDance.gif

TheMatrix31
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/_rocket47_/ari_gold.gif

EllisUnit
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
i wish the guy luck, i liked him. Made bone headed plays and never really "Got It" at WR, but i thought he was a class act/team player. I hope he does well where ever he ends up !

Fico
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2ic1nqf.gif

Fico
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
He was a good guy and I do wish him luck wherever he ends up.

I just wanted to post that gif.

NastyNate
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Oh you're just evil... :spit:

TejasTom
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Now thunderkyss can change his avatar.

Nawzer
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Well I was wrong! Lol. Glad he's gone though. I wonder if they're going to bring in someone.

chicagotexan2
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Jadopey 'Gones'. The texans did your contract like you do punt returns. Adios.

IlliniJen
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0D00v.gif

drunkcookie
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd hate to wade too deep in here, knowing that this thread should continue on void of any serious thought and full of more-than-warranted celebration...BUT, i like the message this sends to Posey and Martin: "we can draft your position and cut you the next week...so do work and don't eff up!"

texanfan2002114
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/_rocket47_/ari_gold.gif

LMMFAO!! That is the post of the year!! Rep sent your way brother!!

TheMatrix31
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Freakin' JABRONI Jones.

XI CMURDER IX
05-01-2012, 05:29 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/10/28/f6576483-1360-463a-9f33-9252aa037480.gif

GlassHalfFull
05-01-2012, 05:29 PM
:includeme:

:woot2:

Ryan
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I'd hate to wade too deep in here, knowing that this thread should continue on void of any serious thought and full of more-than-warranted celebration...BUT, i like the message this sends to Posey and Martin: "we can draft your position and cut you the next week...so do work and don't eff up!"

So 5 years is the equivalence of a week?

pbat488
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/2012/04/82453580/4.gif

Playoffs
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Best of luck to Jacoby.

DocBar
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
The football gods are smiling down on us now that we've purged the evil that is Jacoby Jones. :hurrah:

gwallaia
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/bbanana06/gifs/123_celebrationa.gif

drunkcookie
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
So 5 years is the equivalence of a week?

Reading problems?

"draft your position" occured last week... "cut you the next week" happened this week = the next week

Kimmy
05-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I think they are eluding to the fact that it only took 5 years to cut Jacoby

Reading problems?

"draft your position" occured last week... "cut you the next week" happened this week = the next week

Honoring Earl 34
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I harbor no ill will toward JJ but for both our sakes it's time to move on . I think that our new Texans are all business and Jacoby is a jester . :firehair:

False Start
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W4Wui0w9nTA/TjOMdhZiNjI/AAAAAAAAAbY/8aVNwQLZS88/s1600/BeavisAndButthead.gif

drunkcookie
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I think they are eluding to the fact that it only took 5 years to cut Jacoby

I got that much... He was being a smartass... favor returned...

PapaL
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
If next week is 5 years and MILLONS later sign me up! I can also not field punts, catch easy passes, and hug my mommy every time I do something good.

Best of luck No Hands Jones.

Ryan
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Reading problems?

That was a poorly written sentence. "I like the message this sends to Posey and Martin: "we can draft your position and cut you the next week...so do work and don't eff up!"

If the message was sent to Jacoby it would make sense. Still Jacoby had 5 years to get his sh*t straight and he effed up plenty of times.

False Start
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Walk on home BOY! (http://youtu.be/AkFqg5wAuFk)

:jam: :jam: :jam:

ObsiWan
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I wish you well J.J.... too bad it didn't work here.
now...
Might we close this thread now and move on?

Rey
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I thought it was kind of awkward when Mercilus was on the radio today talking about how Jacoby called him when he got drafted him and welcomed him to the team...

I was just thinking..Jacoby is probably going to get cut...Just didn't know it'd be today...

False Start
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/beavis-and-butthead-dance.gif

Commodore
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
NickScurfield 11 mins
Kubiak: #Texans added 2 WRs in draft & have "a couple of kids that we think a lot of, Lestar Jean being number one.

What's the scouting report on Lestar Jean?

drunkcookie
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
That was a poorly written sentence. "I like the message this sends to Posey and Martin: "we can draft your position and cut you the next week...so do work and don't eff up!"

If the message was sent to Jacoby it would make sense. Sorry you got offended.

I'm no English teacher, but how was that a poorly written sentence to the point it wasn't understood? The message is "clearly" directed to Posey and Martin...

I admit, i'm not the best sentence engineer on this message board, but that sentence is pretty easy to disect...

HOU-TEX
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Good luck, Jacoby.

False Start
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
As a man named Händel Messiah once said.....Hallelujah! (http://youtu.be/usfiAsWR4qU)

The Pencil Neck
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
What's the scouting report on Lestar Jean?

He looked really good in camp last year. UDFA that a lot of people expected to get drafted. Big guy: 6' 3", 215#. But in the Saints preseason game, he hurt his shoulder and ended up on IR for the season. He should make the WR squad this year.

The other standout from last year's UDFA class was Jeff Maehl who's more of a KW type. Maehl spent most of the year on the PS but got moved up to the 53 when Mason was cut. He played some last year but mostly looked like a rookie.

TdotTexas2Step
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Good luck to Jacoby.

He'll do fine elsewhere with less expectations as a 3rd or 4th WR.

gtexan02
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Best of luck to you JJ. Your first season when you were returning punts in the preseason, I was about as excited as anyone.

Lets not forget that his mom posts here sometimes. The guy was a good guy and a good team player, no reason to kick sand in his eyes

Austrian
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
As a man named Händel Messiah once said.....Hallelujah! (http://youtu.be/usfiAsWR4qU)

Georg Friedrich Händel.

I wish Jacoby best of luck but it was time to move on.

SheTexan
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Like the old saying goes, "be careful what ya wish for!"

Best of luck to JJ!!

Rey
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Best of luck to you JJ. Your first season when you were returning punts in the preseason, I was about as excited as anyone.

Lets not forget that his mom posts here sometimes. The guy was a good guy and a good team player, no reason to kick sand in his eyes

I have 0 issues with Jacoby as a person. I don't know him as a person to have issues with him.

But I'm glad that Jacoby the football player is no longer on the Texans. It sucks that he never fully blossomed here, but iiwii.

ObsiWan

"Messiah" was one of the overtures Handel composed, not his name...

Edit:
I see Austrian beat me to it.
...was he your homie? :)

LonerATO
Didn't Rick Smith just say on 790, that Jacoby was not going to be released when Lance asked him.

Marcus
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I know this is probably in the Captain Obvious department, but I think Bob McNair wanted him out the door just as bad as we did.

OzzO
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9c/East-West_Expressway_logo.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/asian_kid_dance.gif

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 06:29 PM

I took up for him when the Texans gave him the three year deal .... Thought it was a good signing.

He had some good times here .... but after the gaf in Baltimore , it was just time for a change of scenery. Good for him he was released early in the offseason giving him a change to catch on somewhere ....

Wish the guy the best , unless he's playing against the Texans ....

Jackie Chiles
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Didn't Rick Smith just say on 790, that Jacoby was not going to be released when Lance asked him.

Not exactly, I remember listening closely to that interview. Rick was very non-committal regarding Jacoby.

Wolf
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
He had to know the writing was on the wall

with AJ going down for a stretch, your "#1" can't have just 31 catches.
I know, I know, some of it was TJ at the helm and Kubiak reeled in the offense at the point.

I wish JJ the best. He seemed like a good guy off the field, just a shame we couldn't get more production from him in the receiving department.

He would have been a pro bowl punt returner if they counted east-west yards (drove me freaking nuts on game day)

Wolf
05-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Not exactly, I remember listening closely to that interview. Rick was very non-committal regarding Jacoby.

yeah. .. Rick would say.. he is still with the team, he isn't gone. We brought in competition to make the team better

paraphrasing here

NitroGSXR
Best of luck to you Jacoby!

SAMURAITEXAN
They were probably afraid that their inner evil twin voices would again talk them into hoping for finally that elusive breakout year........that never comes..........:kitten:

Doc, Texans been doing this in the past.

1. Seems like JJ release decision has been made by FO when we drafted two
WRs especially Martin to replace return duty.
2. No trade interest from other team.
3. Win/Win situation for both. JJ may get a better chance signing with other
team by released early. Our FO look very generous by releasing him early.

Our FO likely commenting things like " Unfortunately, we decided to go other direction and hope JJ gets a chance to play elsewhere"

This is I think how really FO think " We fond JJ replacement in the draft and we are not willing to pay you millions of $$$ for #3 WR and return specialist that makes dumb dicisions. Seen enough of you JJ. See ya."

Anyway, JJ did had some flash moments so I wish you good luck JJ.

Go Texans!!!

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 06:36 PM

Rick is non-committal on just about everything , they are a very tight lipped group.

brakos82
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgi55cAmoS1qe7kv3o1_500.gif

The Pencil Neck
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Rick is non-committal on just about everything , they are a very tight lipped group.

And this is good.

timherl1964
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Best of luck JJ - bring on some fresh faces.

Austrian
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Edit:

Sure, if you can call a German-British dude who died like 300 years ago a homie, then yes. ;)

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
And this is good.

Absolutely.

False Start
05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Personally, I just cant bring myself to wish Jacoby luck. I just despise the guy that much. Call it pettiness, it whatever but that just the way I fell.

False Start
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM

Edit:

Yeah my bad, I just got all excited. :littlelol:

Thorn
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Good riddance.

Now let’s move on. He wasn’t the first we really wanted gone, and he certainly won’t be the last.

MannyFresh
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Best of luck to JJ!!

I'm thinking not this time...he's no DeShawn that for sure.

EVOLVIST
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Edit:

It was an oratorio, not an overture. Some would argue that the "Sinfony" before the oratorio is an overture of sorts, but really it is too early of a style, despite leaning a bit towards the French model of the art.

Most would not argue, however, that the departure of Jacoby Jones would be the "Amen" at the end of Handel's most celebrated work...and with great celebration, indeed, JJ can now move on to a life where the jugs machine is now merely his hands, as opposed to an device designed to make him a better football player (which it didn't).

pirbroke
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM
wow, didn't expect this so soon. hope his replacement works out, kinda weired to me they release him before they even see the new receivers practice with team.

sbalderrama
05-01-2012, 07:15 PM
hopefully we'll get a returner now that understands that running backwards in the NFL is a really bad idea.

kingh99
05-01-2012, 07:36 PM
McNair made it happen. JJ was Kubiak's guy.

Kimmy
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I laughed!

Texans handed Jacoby Jones a pink slip today. Sadly, he fumbled it.

Rumor was he was on his way to Oakland but he didn't catch the flight.....

I heard it took him a long time to pack because he kept dropping his box

TEXANJAK
05-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Good Luck to you Jacoby.

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Good riddance.

Now let’s move on. He wasn’t the first we really wanted gone, and he certainly won’t be the last.

Damnit Thorn , you piggybacked my Bad Company post ....

It aint the first time baby
Baby it wont be the last ......
I better get the boys round
Do some drinkin fast
Cause she's gone gone gone
I dont know if Im happy
I dont know if Im sad
She's gone gone gone
I dont know if I'll cry
I dont know if I'll die laughin ....

drs23
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Best of luck to JJ!!

What exactly does that mean?

I, like most others, do not have an issue with Jacoby personally, but professionally, whole different story. He has proven himself time and again to be a detriment to the progression of this team. The crystal ball was the FO targeting his role on this team in the draft. Very obviously the powers that be made the decision to munch a half a mill and toss him to the curb which is a move many have called for before he cost us (I know, very debatable) the divisional round game in the playoffs.

Personally, I have no ill will toward him, and wish him well in the future as many have prior in this thread, but it was past time for him to go.

I was one of most "wishing" he would be gone. Now he is.

Why should we/I be "careful"?

G27RR
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828ca7af/article/jacoby-jones-released-by-houston-texans-after-five-seasons

Wide receiver Jacoby Jones was released by the Houston Texans, the team confirmed to NFL.com's Steve Wyche on Tuesday before announcing it in a press release.

The Texans reportedly shopped Jones to other teams after selecting Ohio State wide receiver DeVier Posey on Friday in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. The team took another wide receiver, Michigan State's Keshawn Martin, in the fourth round Saturday, further making Jones expendable.

"We've got a couple of kids that we think a lot of ... and then also a lot of it's about doing right (by) Jacoby -- our football team but doing right by him, too," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Tuesday,according to the team's offical website. (General manager) Rick (Smith) and I talked about it, and he's handled himself with class."

Jones was scheduled to make $3 million next season, the second year in a three-year contract. He had been with the Texans since they drafted him in the third round in 2007, and he had his best season in 2010, when he caught 51 passes for 562 yards and three touchdowns.

But Jones caught just 31 passes for 512 yards last season, while star receiver Andre Johnson spent much of the year recovering from injuries. Jones also drew Texans fans' ire after muffing a first-quarter punt against the Baltimore Ravens in an AFC divisional playoff game.

"I think there's way too much made out of that," Kubiak said. "Andre missed 10 games last year, and Jacoby was a starter in his absence and made a lot of plays for us, and Jacoby made a lot of special-teams plays. We had many opportunities to win in Baltimore, and in this business, not one guy loses the game, not one guy wins the game."
Jones averaged 10.2 yards on 179 career punt returns for the Texans and scored three touchdowns. He also scored a TD on a kickoff return.

"We had a few rough patches early in his career with me, but he's really grown up and done a good job," Kubiak said. "To me, he's been excellent the last couple of years. ...
"We'll move forward with our young players at receiver, and it's a fair opportunity for Jacoby to go out there and get a fresh start somewhere else, and I'm sure he'll go out and go a great job. I appreciate everything he did. Visited with him today, I wished him all the best and thanked him for everything he did for us."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

kiwitexansfan
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM

Source? Or just speculation?

I am surprised. I have been saying that I thought he would make the roster. To go from WR3 to released surprises me, unless it was a financial decision as much as anything.

Rey
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Source? Or just speculation?

I am surprised. I have been saying that I thought he would make the roster. To go from WR3 to released surprises me, unless it was a financial decision as much as anything.

After the texans cut Winston and traded Demeco this is nothing.

I am not shocked in the least. I expected to be jacoby-less this season.

Corrosion
05-01-2012, 08:47 PM

You are smoking crack .... If anything , its the other way around. I know it to be fact that Gary wanted JJ replaced last season.

Cant cite a source .... take it for what its worth , some ******* on the interwebs makeing a bold statement.

Hervoyel
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Lets be honest with ourselves. What most of us "wished for" was for Jacoby Jones to get it and become something at least close to whatever it is that the Texans apparently saw when they looked at him.

Didn't happen. I have no animosity toward the man. He didn't lose the Baltimore game all by himself and the Baltimore game isn't what killed him. It was the entire season of being the invisible man when the Texans needed him most that I suspect did him in.

Like I said, I have no animosity toward him. I just don't want to watch him attempt to play football anymore. Enough is enough.

Lucky
05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Didn't happen. I have no animosity toward the man. He didn't lose the Baltimore game all by himself and the Baltimore game isn't what killed him. It was the entire season of being the invisible man when the Texans needed him most that I suspect did him in.
I agree that Jacoby was invisible last year. But what did him in was that muff. Kubiak could have brought Jones back without the muff. He wouldn't have deserved it, but he most likely would still be a Texan. But, there was no way he could bring back Jones after that fail. The crowd would have been on Jacoby the minute he hit the field.

TheMatrix31
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I've been singing "Ja-COOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY is GONEEEEEEEEEEE" to the tune of "Singin' in the Rain" for the last 3 hours.

Goatcheese
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
The Texodus continues.

BetaV1
05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Jacoby released. This is huge. NFL Network has been covering this story non-stop for the past two hours. Chris Mortesen is on a plane to Houston right now to get a one-on-one interview with Gary Kubiak. You think the Colts cutting Manning stunned the sports world? Well, the Texans cutting Jacoby just gave it a concussion.

I demand that the homepage of TexansTalk be updated to reflect this unprecedented event.

beerlover
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I gave him every chance on my fantasy team last season too :overreact:

keyser
05-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I am missing where some of the hostility toward Jacoby is coming from. I completely understand wanting to upgrade from him, but he was what he was - an OK but not great player who had some significant mistakes, but also had some pretty good plays for us along the way. He wasn't some primadonna locker room cancer, or someone griping and complaining all the time or anything. I'm glad to upgrade from him but I can't understand the "Good riddance/I can't even wish him well" attitudes.

Pantherstang84
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Carry on.

You would think they could have at least gotten a stale loaf of bread for him.:fans:

houstonspartan
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I am missing where some of the hostility toward Jacoby is coming from. I completely understand wanting to upgrade from him, but he was what he was - an OK but not great player who had some significant mistakes, but also had some pretty good plays for us along the way. He wasn't some primadonna locker room cancer, or someone griping and complaining all the time or anything. I'm glad to upgrade from him but I can't understand the "Good riddance/I can't even wish him well" attitudes.

No one hates the guy. This isn't personal. It's business.

A lot of bitterness comes from the fact that we SAW, two years ago, that Jacoby was inconsistent and would eventually cost us in a big game. And it did.

So, a lot of fans, like myself wonder how WE could predict Jacoby's downfall, but these coaches could not. This was all obvious, and plain as day. Yet, the Texans refused to do anything about it (and, in fact, gave him a nice raise!) and guess what? It cost us in the playoffs.

I think fans are more angry at the Texans for enabling Jacoby's mediocrity than they are at Jacoby himself.

Get it?

EllisUnit
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM

Since when has Smith been up front ? I remeber after the draft in an interview he said jacoby is still on the team NOW, the way he said it made me see this coming, but he always manipulates his words.

CloakNNNdagger
05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Since when has Smith been up front ? I remeber after the draft in an interview he said jacoby is still on the team NOW, the way he said it made me see this coming, but he always manipulates his words.

Could explain why we don't see any cherry trees standing around Reliant.:kitten:

disaacks3
05-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Good luck to Jacoby.

He'll do fine elsewhere with less expectations as a 3rd or 4th WR. Except that someone will want to make him a #2.

Personally, I just cant bring myself to wish Jacoby luck. I just despise the guy that much. Call it pettiness, it whatever but that just the way I fell. What did you fall on? No point in despising him, he wanted to succeed as badly as we all wanted him to.

I am missing where some of the hostility toward Jacoby is coming from. I completely understand wanting to upgrade from him, but he was what he was - an OK but not great player who had some significant mistakes, but also had some pretty good plays for us along the way. He wasn't some primadonna locker room cancer, or someone griping and complaining all the time or anything. I'm glad to upgrade from him but I can't understand the "Good riddance/I can't even wish him well" attitudes. I'm guessing it all stems from the fact that when Jacoby DID muff the punt in Baltimore, plenty of folks were upset...but not a single one was SURPRISED. His "body of work" always led many to be nervous when there was anyone within 15 yards of him on a return.

I truly wish him well, but his chances were used up here.

Mr.Scarface
05-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Except that someone will want to make him a #2.

What did you fall on? No point in despising him, he wanted to succeed as badly as we all wanted him to.

I'm guessing it all stems from the fact that when Jacoby DID muff the punt in Baltimore, plenty of folks were upset...but not a single one was SURPRISED. His "body of work" always led many to be nervous when there was anyone within 15 yards of him on a return.

Jacoby Jones hadn't muffed a punt in 2 seasons until that punt in B-more. If you think that cost the Texans the game, you are mistaken. Those 3 TJ Yates picks and the Rackers FG miss cost them in the end. Jacoby was a scapegoat for the fans.

brakos82
05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tvsuo.gif

DocBar
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Jacoby Jones hadn't muffed a punt in 2 seasons until that punt in B-more. If you think that cost the Texans the game, you are mistaken. Those 3 TJ Yates picks and the Rackers FG miss cost them in the end. Jacoby was a scapegoat for the fans.A lot of people on here have wanted Jones gone for a couple of years. The muffed punt was just the final straw.

He's useless as a receiver and I'm glad he's gone.

Wolf
05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Jacoby Jones hadn't muffed a punt in 2 seasons until that punt in B-more. If you think that cost the Texans the game, you are mistaken. Those 3 TJ Yates picks and the Rackers FG miss cost them in the end. Jacoby was a scapegoat for the fans.

the muffed punt was just a bonehead decision to try to field it on the bounce. it was like "stagger lee" for me..

writing was on the wall, IMO ..the muffed punt, running east and west on punt returns were nails in the coffin. Also when AJ went down for a while and your "#1" guy can only muster 31 catches for the season. not good for the team. Texans HAVE to get better production out of their #2 guy (or #1 when AJ isn't on the field) esp for 3 million a year.

I wished he could have developed into something but after 5 years his time was up.

False Start
05-01-2012, 10:30 PM

What did you fall on? No point in despising him, he wanted to succeed as badly as we all wanted him to.

I'm guessing it all stems from the fact that when Jacoby DID muff the punt in Baltimore, plenty of folks were upset...but not a single one was SURPRISED. His "body of work" always led many to be nervous when there was anyone within 15 yards of him on a return.

Typo I meant to say "feel."

TexansFanatic
05-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Kubiak should have cut him 5 minutes after the playoff loss to the Ravens. Drama/Theater has its place in coaching. Just ask Jimmy Johnson.

kiwitexansfan
05-01-2012, 11:01 PM
The Texodus continues.

Clever :fingergun:

steelbtexan
05-01-2012, 11:05 PM

^^^^
This

Plus the fact that partying was more important to Jacoby than perfecting his craft. Falling asleep at a red light, missing a team flight to Jacksonville etc... party on Jacoby. As far as his game goes Jacoby still rounds off his routes and appears to be allergic to going across the middle. Good riddance Jacoby.

thunderkyss
05-01-2012, 11:07 PM

A lot of bitterness comes from the fact that we SAW, two years ago, that Jacoby was inconsistent and would eventually cost us in a big game. And it did.

So, a lot of fans, like myself wonder how WE could predict Jacoby's downfall, but these coaches could not. This was all obvious, and plain as day. Yet, the Texans refused to do anything about it (and, in fact, gave him a nice raise!) and guess what? It cost us in the playoffs.

I think fans are more angry at the Texans for enabling Jacoby's mediocrity than they are at Jacoby himself.

Get it?

I can understand that. But, Walter has taken more snaps as the #2 WR & he's no closer to replacing Andre when he's out. Walter isn't out there screwing up punt returns... I get that too, but that's because Jacoby is better at it than Walter is.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jacoby better than Walter & if it were me making the decision, I'd go with the kid from Lane college. But we don't need both of them on this team. If they decided to go with Walter... fine.

But, in one off-season, three of my Jerseys have become useless. Mario, Demeco, & Jacoby (yes, I do own one).

Texan_Bill
05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Jacoby is still a very talented receiver. If we can't get "value" for him, he'll play here. If we release him, then I'm jumping back on the "Rick Smith is an amateur train" (not that I've got off or anything), & he should have released him instead of releasing Winston.

Jacoby is an athletic guy, but to say he is "a very talented receiver" is a stretch. Dude ran terrible and undisciblined routes is more accurate. That coupled with his dumbass decision making, made him a liability....

I know he's a "good guy' BUT good riddance... That said, I wish him (and his Moms) all the best!!!!

SW H-TOWN
05-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Get it?

^^^^^Boom!!!

powda
05-01-2012, 11:21 PM

Get it?

Good post.

Jacoby was and still is unrealized potential. As a coach that would be hard to give up on at least untill there was something worthwhile behind him. Rick didnt decieve anyone. He held on to him till the draft trying to get some kind of a return. You might remember those trade rumors began on the second day of the draft. Due dilegence.

As far as Jacoby? He was always as much a threat to the defense as he was our team.