PDA

View Full Version : Andre will not play vs Bengals

Stemp
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Coach Gary Kubiak said after practice today that wide receiver Andre Johnson will not play in the Texans game at Cincinnati on Sunday.

Johnson suffered a strained left hamstring after catching four passes for 97 yards in the Texans’ 17-10 victory over Atlanta last week.

This will be the seventh game Johnson has missed, and he will be replaced in the starting lineup by Jacoby Jones.

Also, receiver Kevin Walter missed practice because he is ill. He is expected to play Sunday.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/12/andre-johnson-wont-play-against-bengals/

While expected, it does make this game that much tougher.

Carr Bombed
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
The thing that's going to make this game the toughest is relying on Matt Turk to punt the ball. You can kiss good field position goodbye.

Here's hoping that he fails so hard it forces Houston to find another option before the playoffs. Not trying to derail this thread, but that guy reached a whole other level of suck after we got rid of him.

Andre sitting out is for the best, Turk will be screwing us in field position for as long as he's allowed to punt the ball. Our defense is going to be put in some tight spots and I hope we don't have to roll into the playoffs with that guy. I can't believe that is who we signed.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2011, 01:49 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2011/12/andre-johnson-wont-play-against-bengals/

While expected, it does make this game that much tougher.

I bet that the Bengals are killing themselves having to revise their whole game plan at the last minute.:firehair::firehair::firehair:

cuppacoffee
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Really brings to the forefront our need to find another quality outside receiver.

What we have behind Andre leaves a lot to be desired.

Cue = Heavy dose of TE's in Cinci.

Insert <state the obvious smilie>.

:coffee:

SeminoleTexan
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
As expected. No reason to risk further injury nearing playoff time.

WesHighTower
12-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Not surprising. Considering how it first looked, he's lucky not to be on IR right now.

TexCanada
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Good. The Titans having to play the Saints probably made this decision easier.

SeminoleTexan
12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Good. The Titans having to play the Saints probably made this decision easier.
Yea, we will all be huge Saints fan this weekend.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Really? I'm shocked. :cool:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/35/CaptainObvious.jpg

eriadoc
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Matt Schaub has missed 13 games in the last 5 years, and it'll be 16 by season's end. AJ has missed 17 games in that same stretch and possibly 20 by season's end. Matt Schaub's injuries have been largely due to getting crushed by guys like Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Drayton Florence. AJ's injuries haven't been as much so.

I just know people like to throw around the "injury prone" label when discussing Schaub, so I thought I'd offer a bit of perspective.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Matt Schaub has missed 13 games in the last 5 years, and it'll be 16 by season's end. AJ has missed 17 games in that same stretch and possibly 20 by season's end. Matt Schaub's injuries have been largely due to getting crushed by guys like Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, and Drayton Florence. AJ's injuries haven't been as much so.

I just know people like to throw around the "injury prone" label when discussing Schaub, so I thought I'd offer a bit of perspective.

PERFECT example of the old adage: "Perception is reality"... People's perception is that Schaub is injury prone, therefore it has to be reality, right?

ThaJokaa
12-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Not surprising. Considering how it first looked, he's lucky not to be on IR right now.

Smh, noobs...

I bet you think he "re-injured" the same hammy also...

thunderkyss
12-09-2011, 04:11 PM
PERFECT example of the old adage: "Perception is reality"... People's perception is that Schaub is injury prone, therefore it has to be reality, right?

I think it's more about the nature of the position. The QB is the leader, the field general. Nothing changes a game as much as a QB change for whatever reason.

WRs miss games... that's just the way it is. QBs generally don't, despite the beating they take.

badboy
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Smh, noobs...

I bet you think he "re-injured" the same hammy also...Well you wily old vet of 236 posts, why would you say that? Seemed like he was saying that when AJ went down he looked bad enough to go on IR. I thought same thing.

ThaJokaa
12-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Well you wily old vet of 236 posts, why would you say that? Seemed like he was saying that when AJ went down he looked bad enough to go on IR. I thought same thing.

Maybe the 1st time, not the 2nd time. Compare AJs own reaction when he got injured on the field.

1st time: He just collapsed, quickly grabbed his knee and seemed to be in horrible pain.

2nd time: While on his post route he just slowed down and started limping, limped off the field and sat down.

Which time seemed more severe to consider being put on IR? Saying he's lucky to not be put on IR even after AJ said that his current injury didn't feel anything like the 1st one is plain stupid...

thunderkyss
12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Well you wily old vet of 236 posts, why would you say that? Seemed like he was saying that when AJ went down he looked bad enough to go on IR. I thought same thing.

What did you think when he tried hard as he could to get up & get himself off the field?

EllisUnit
12-09-2011, 06:11 PM

:whip:

Hervoyel
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I never thought for a moment he would play this week. I doubt we see him next week.

ObsiWan
12-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I never thought for a moment he would play this week. I doubt we see him next week.

I'm with you on that.

EllisUnit
12-09-2011, 06:50 PM

day to day :aggressive:

Carr Bombed
12-09-2011, 06:59 PM
day to day :aggressive:

Day to day in a close dvisional race. Week to week in a division that's all wrapped up and with the playoffs nearing. We need Andre more in the second season, not for the end of this one. We throw him out there too soon and he will be on I.R.

thunderkyss
12-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Andre was probably thinking, "I finally get a QB that can get the ball in front of me & now this."

badboy
12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
What did you think when he tried hard as he could to get up & get himself off the field?Both hammies I thought "he's out for season" each time. First seemed worse than second.

badboy
12-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe the 1st time, not the 2nd time. Compare AJs own reaction when he got injured on the field.

1st time: He just collapsed, quickly grabbed his knee and seemed to be in horrible pain.

2nd time: While on his post route he just slowed down and started limping, limped off the field and sat down.

Which time seemed more severe to consider being put on IR? Saying he's lucky to not be put on IR even after AJ said that his current injury didn't feel anything like the 1st one is plain stupid...But we did not have that comment from AJ when he pulled the second hammie. You are talking with post game comments from team and player. It is not stupid to say AJ could be out for season when he left game.

TheMatrix31
12-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Both hammies I thought "he's out for season" each time. First seemed worse than second.

Same. I thought he was done both times. Multiple bricks have been shat.